From: owner-tmbg-list To: tmbg-digest Subject: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #15 Reply-To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Errors-To: owner-tmbg-list Precedence: bulk They Might Be Giants Digest Sunday, 1 October 1995 Volume 01 : Number 015 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: SrPescado@aol.com Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 18:58:16 -0400 Subject: Espanol for all y'all In a message dated 95-09-24 20:47:50 EDT "Genevieve Atlas" writes: >6) I've never tried TMBG in other languages, but have been known to sing >Violent Femmes in Norwegian. hey.... Seria Giganticos, amigos!!!!!!!!! El sol es un mass de gas incandecionadimistimorama okay, so it was an attempt. :P Love, Fitch ------------------------------ From: ckerchn1@ic3.ithaca.edu Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 19:35:17 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: AKA driver the words aren't in John Henry's CD book because Nyquill said the only way that THeY could use the trademarked name was if they called the song something different and did not print the words out. As for what the words are to my best knowledge they are it's just a full day's drive away.... hey nyquill driver, it's nyquill driving time hey nyquill driver, get out my way get out my way, get out my way there are probably more but i can't remeber them off the top of my head. hope that helped. casey ------------------------------ From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 20:51:59 -0600 Subject: Re: cha, right >See, I think the idea is that nobody celebrates the return of the >prodigal son anymore. But if Jesus returned, people would be as >forgiving as the father (God) in the parable. >And even the people we didn't like could have some fondue. > >How's that for a quick recovery? It is wonderful. I like the interp. - --der Josef ****************************************************************** Jonathan Chaffer Rabidchild on RealmsMud jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu Mail me for help getting there! - -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a--- C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K+ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- - ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ From: Paul Leonard Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 19:34:51 -0500 Subject: Re: Espanol for all y'all At 06:58 PM 9/28/95 -0400, SrPescado@aol.com wrote: >Seria Giganticos, amigos!!!!!!!!! no deben de ser "Serian Giganticos"? paul - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- - ----- [BBC] Is it true that you're a connoisseur of the classics? [George Harrison] No. It's just a rumor. ------------------------------ From: Phoenix777@aol.com Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 20:42:17 -0400 Subject: What! Did someone mention that "Freaksicle" isn't going to be released? The thought frightens me more than I'd like to say. So now I'll go back to being a lurker unless anyone wants to open a "Birdhouse" discussion or explain some of the They T-shirts to me. Oh, and if it's true about the canning of the Oddball Pop, I think we should launch a campaign to save it of the order of the one for "My So-called Life." Except ours will work. Adam "I don't have a sig" Luikart ------------------------------ From: "Genevieve Atlas" Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 19:54:51 CST Subject: fondue I always thought the prodigal son thing was a cannabalistic reference. Hey, the son's back, have a drink while we cook 'im up and put a little piece of him on a fondue fork. Now my only remaining question is: what kind of fondue? Chocolate? Cheese? I'm sick... ;) Gennie i was going to say something else.. what was it? !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*()(*&^% "Obedience! Obey! Obey!" -me Gennie (or Genevieve or Freakshow as she's sometimes known) is ever so pleased to announce her fall office hours! They are, are you ready?, Mondays 11-2 and Fridays 11-1 (Central times). Yes, these days are rather spread apart, or close together, depending on how you look at it Deal. Occasional Wednesdays after 4 are a possibility. Call me at the office (608)262-1206 or fax (608)265-3549!! :) PS-these are my WLHA/UW student radio hours if you haven't figured that out yet. I'm still Co-music director. I still like swiss cheese. ------------------------------ From: Neil Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 21:00:43 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Particle - What products do NyQuil make. Oops, you all forgot a line... On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Paul Leonard wrote: > Well, I'm not particle, but i DO know what NyQUil is -- > it's the > nighttime sniffling > sneezig > coughing > aching > stuffy-head > fever find you passed out under the kitchen table > so you can rest medicine. Hope this helps... - -nei; ------------------------------ From: zen kitty Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 20:07:16 -0500 Subject: Re: Particle - What products do NyQuil make. At 09:00 PM 9/28/95 -0400, you wrote: > >Oops, you all forgot a line... > > > >On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Paul Leonard wrote: > >> Well, I'm not particle, but i DO know what NyQUil is -- >> it's the >> nighttime sniffling >> sneezig >> coughing >> aching >> stuffy-head >> fever > >find you passed out under the kitchen table > >> so you can rest medicine. > >Hope this helps... we stand corrected. zen kitty ------------------------------ From: Mark Sehler Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 11:11:45 +1000 (EST) Subject: When TMBG were in Oz Hi TMBG freaks In Australia in March TMBG, when in our "Alternative"(thats such a really cool radio station) three triple J (Not), in a live on air performance played a version of The Ramones song "I wanna be sedated" It was really good from Royale Quater Pounder ------------------------------ From: Ray Grabeel Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 20:47:00 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #14 >From: "Frankenberry" >Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 15:27:33 GMT-5 >Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #13 > >Okay, > >I think I did something really bad, like I might have just posted >this last digest in it's entirety. I hope someone catches it, but if >it does not get caught, I truly and humbly apologize. Now, on with >what I intended to do before I messed up. [...] >Oh, and I love you all. > >Frank Frank?... Frank N. Berry?... FRANK!! How's it going, 'ol buddy! It's me... Ray... Sir Spyford!... The Kate & Kari Show!! Remember me? Wow... I was just sitting here reading my mail and listening to the Big Vanilla Milkshake Album when what should show up in my mailbox but an entire digest from one Mr. Franken T. Crowberry! Quite a surprise indeed. So, how ya been? I was beginning to think maybe you had wound up in the Land of Misfit Breakfast Cereals! It's good to see you again. Remember when we used to post to the old list back in the spring... those were the days, huh? You know, I just recently saw some guy carrying a Victoria Williams CD, and it made me think you... And I'm not *even* going to tell 'ya what ran through my head when I poured myself a glass of milk this morning! ;) Well, sir, what'cha beeen up to? I've been doing the "school thing" myself, you know... :P However... I *finally* got construction underway for my new web page, Ray's World. It's been a long, tough process. I mean, just about a month or two ago, the whole project was put on hold for over a week because the crew had gone *waaay* over budget and the management got *really* pissed off... in fact, they threatened to cancel the whole damn thing! Fortunately, things finally seem to be coming together and we've even got a "release date" set for it... haven't decided yet if we're going to charge admission. So anyways, it's good to see 'ya again, Frank. Give my best wishes to your brother, Mr. B. Hollywood... haven't seen him in a while, either! Oh, and tell the cat I said "Hi"... what was her name again? Auf wiedersehen, Ray - -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "The level of reality is too complex and bewildering to be very meaningful." - my economics textbook - --------------------------------------------------------------- COMING SOON!!: Ray's World!! The web page that isn't quite all there. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 22:54:31 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Forward: Re: cha, right The stupid mailing list software keeps forwaring this to me saying I need to do something with it, but every time I do something with it it sends it back. *sigh* Let me try it this way. Forwarded Message: > Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 19:50:02 -0700 (PDT) > From: Matt Powers > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: cha, right > In-Reply-To: <1CD3D90706A@Agnes.ScottLAN.Edu> > Message-Id: > Mime-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII > > > The Princess Bridesmaid wrote: > > than the prodigal son=Jesus. There is nothing in the song to make one > > say "oh! so Hot Cha is the prodigal son" unless you go with Ben's > > theory that "drink and cook" means wine and dine. If you subscribe to > > the communion theory, that brings up the Prodigal son=Jesus thing > > that I have a problem with. > > Ben? Was that your theory? The one about "drink and cook" means "wine > and dine?" 'Cause I thought it was mine. Maybe I'm being picky here, > but I would like to be remembered for something *sniff* *choke* *sob* :) > > > m@t > ------------------------------ From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael NOT CATHOLIC! Carr) Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 17:01:31 +1200 Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #14 Alright I apologise for my lack of knowledge re: the prodigal son, but I still doubt that it was Jesus in the song 'Hot Cha' because it said he was cooking bacon...and yet this is the King Of The Jews. Go Figger. ------------------------------ From: Young Jedi Paul (Paul Stysley) Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 12:48:41 -0400 Subject: oop, XTC, and ska Hi lo How's everybody? Its been a while. nice to see ya Anyway it just hit me I knda sorta mailed a letter of mine to the list that wasn't supposed to go there and I feel kinda silly so forgive me for that. Second I have a question about XTC. I heard a long time ago that TMBG did a song of theirs for a tribute ablum for XTC. Did that ever happen? And finally I was sitting listening to some ska and I though gee wouldn't it be neat if They did a ska song now that They use the horn section so much now. Maybe maybe not. have a good one. TTFN may the force be with you paul (iamafish) ------------------------------ From: "Jennifer Parker" Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 14:01:42 EST Subject: Re: Les chansons francais > je ne serai jamais ce que tu trouverai quand tu ouvres ta boite aux > lettres demain parce qu'un petit oiseau ne me dit rien elle est m'amie > meilleure elle est un moineau. > soph > Huh? This means: I will never be what you will find when you open up your letter box tomorrow because a little bird tells me nothing she is my best friend (wrong posessive pronoun!) she is a sparrow. I thought the lyrics were: You never KNOW what you'll find when you open up your letterbox tomorrow becuase a little bird never tells me anything I WANT TO KNOW she's my best friend she's a sparrow. Si j'ai raison en ces vers, le traduction liriait: Tu ne saurai jamais ce que tu trouverai quand tu ouvrai ta boite de lettres demain....parce qu'un petit oiseau ne me dit jamais rien que je veux (ou desire) savoir....elle est ma meilleure amie....elle est un moineau. Just the words of a French major to la francophonie. I don't remember the correct future ending for "tu" so if it's wrong that's what it's supposed to be. They are all in the future because all these actions are in the future. And I don't have any accent marks either, so deal with that however you wish. I don't know how well you speak French but I asked my French-speking friends too (except you Cathy) and they agreed with me. I have French grammar and the Academie Francaise on my side!!! You can never defeat me!!! Oh, sorry--I'll go before this blood loss thing goes to my head. (I just gave blood--like all you able-bodied world-loviing TMBG fans should do!!) Jennifer ------------------------------ From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 13:55:16 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #13 OK, someone said something about the "2nd B-sides compilation" being "shelved". What? What's this? Is this some sort of nasty rumor? Is _Superfueled Freaksicle_ not coming out after all, or did I completely misunderstand? This is the first I've heard of anything like this. Please, please, say it ain't so.... - --Tara - -- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ From: "The Princess Bridesmaid" Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 14:52:29 EST Subject: Re: Les chansons francais > but I asked my French-speking friends too > (except you Cathy) Jennifer, you're a wierdo. And thank you for not asking me, my grammer sucks. Cathy ******************************************** "I am not the only dust my mother raised" They Might Be Giants Catherine Gurry catherine.gurry@Agnes.ScottLAN.edu ********************************************* ------------------------------ From: "The Princess Bridesmaid" Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 14:54:05 EST Subject: Re: Forward: Re: cha, right > From: Leo Bicknell > Subject: Forward: Re: cha, right > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 22:54:31 -0400 (EDT) > Reply-to: tmbg-list@ufp.org > > The Princess Bridesmaid wrote: > > > than the prodigal son=Jesus. There is nothing in the song to make one > > > say "oh! so Hot Cha is the prodigal son" unless you go with Ben's > > > theory that "drink and cook" means wine and dine. If you subscribe to > > > the communion theory, that brings up the Prodigal son=Jesus thing > > > that I have a problem with. > > > > Ben? Was that your theory? The one about "drink and cook" means "wine > > and dine?" 'Cause I thought it was mine. Maybe I'm being picky here, > > but I would like to be remembered for something *sniff* *choke* *sob* :) > > > > > > m@t > > I'm sorry if I quoted the wrong person. I thought it was one of the Ben's who was talking about "drink and cook" being "wine and dine" I'll remember you M@t, I'm sorry. And I have decided not to talk about that song anymore, because it has started to sound like I am some kind of bible freak, when I've never actually read the thing. Cathy ******************************************** "I am not the only dust my mother raised" They Might Be Giants Catherine Gurry catherine.gurry@Agnes.ScottLAN.edu ********************************************* ------------------------------ From: "Doris the Finkasaurus" Date: Fri, 29 Sep 95 17:21:18 CST Subject: Misc. C C being for crap of course... I finally got the Don't Lets Start and Istanbul Singles today. I'd also ordered They'll Need A Crane, but it was unattainable. I can't get over how cute that little Don't single is! What I really wanted to ask about was if anyone knew what this Tour 2 CD thing could be. I order over the Internet and they're listing this (Import $30!!!) and, well, I wondered if it was a well known thing, any good, worth $30, etc. Any info would be much appreciated...Thanks :) Gennie !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*()(*&^% "I'm a firm believer in the concept of a ruling class. Especially since I rule." -Randall "Obedience! Obey! Obey!" -me Gennie (or Genevieve or Freakshow as she's sometimes known) is ever so pleased to announce her fall office hours! They are, are you ready?, Mondays 11-2 and Fridays 11-1 (Central times). Yes, these days are rather spread apart, or close together, depending on how you look at it. Deal. Occasional Wednesdays after 4 are a possibility. Call me at the office (608)262-1206 or fax (608)265-3549!! :) PS-these are my WLHA/UW student radio hours if you haven't figured that out yet. I'm still Co-music director. I still like swiss cheese. ------------------------------ From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 19:57:10 -0600 Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #13 >OK, someone said something about the "2nd B-sides compilation" being >"shelved". What? What's this? Is this some sort of nasty rumor? Is >_Superfueled Freaksicle_ not coming out after all, or did I completely >misunderstand? This is the first I've heard of anything like this. Quoted from the TMBG website: >Sadly, the release of "Super-Fueled Freaksicle" (the long-awaited and >>much-anticipated followup to "Miscellaneous T") which collects most of >the "b >sides" and other non-album tracks the Giants have released since >they signed >with Elektra, has been postponed indefinitely. Ack. - --Jon ****************************************************************** Jonathan Chaffer Rabidchild on RealmsMud jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu Mail me for help getting there! - -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a--- C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K+ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- - ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ From: Chris Bongaarts Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 18:50:54 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #13 Not really in the immortal words of Jonathan Chaffer: >>Sadly, the release of "Super-Fueled Freaksicle" (the long-awaited and >>>much-anticipated followup to "Miscellaneous T") which collects most of >>the "b >sides" and other non-album tracks the Giants have released since >>they signed >with Elektra, has been postponed indefinitely. Everyone who remembers when the WDTSS single came out, please raise your hands. OK, put them down. Now, everyone who remembers when JH came out, please raise YOUR hands. Thank you. Based on previous experience, we'll see it in 6-12 months. ============================================ cab@cis.umn.edu Chris Bongaarts University of Minnesota bong0004@gold.tc.umn.edu My opinions are my own, and they are right. cbongaar@acm.cs.umn.edu WWW URL: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~cab CBongo@IRC (channel #umn) GCS d-- s:+ a21 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N++ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE+ Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.0] Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part. License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. ------------------------------ From: Anna Bednarski Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 19:16:24 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #12 HI, THERE! (Say it in a Freddy Washington vioce -- it's funnier) Soph says: >are there any other people out there from indiana? >any one else want to give some translating a try? Talk about non sequiters!! Are we assuming that people from Indiana can't be considerate or cultured enough to learn other languages, or even wise enough to like TMBG?? Of COURSE they can! I do both, as do many people here at Indiana University. We're not as hick as we seem. (OK, we did have "Tractor Day" at my high school, but hey -- I've moved on...) There's at least one other person on this list from Indiana (that DJ dude from Goshen). I've been waiting for Linnell to finish his State Songs -- I'd love to see Indiana's song. (Anyone heard anything on this?) People from Indiana UNITE FOR TMBG!!! WE LOVE YOU!! PLEASE COME TO SOMEPLACE CLOSER THAN CHICAGO TO SEE US, JOHN & JOHN!! Anna(-maniacs, to go with the current TMBG-Animaniacs thread) *************************************************************************** Anna Bednarski Internet: abednars@indiana.edu Ashton-Mottier T216 Bloomington, IN 47406 World Wide Web -- http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~abednars/home.html ************"Minimum WAGE --- HYAH!!!" (They Might Be Giants)************** ------------------------------ From: "DUSTIN T. MILLER" Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 20:24:33 -0500 (EST) Subject: Indiana State Song > There's at least one other person on this list from Indiana (that DJ > dude from Goshen). I've been waiting for Linnell to finish his State > Songs -- I'd love to see Indiana's song. (Anyone heard anything on this?) > People from Indiana UNITE FOR TMBG!!! WE LOVE YOU! > PLEASE COME SOMEWHERE CLOSER THAN CHICAGO TO SEE US, JOHN & JOHN!! i am indeed out here, anna, and let me just add that i'm enjoying this rallying cry towards other wayward indiana lurkers on this list. yessir, born 'n raised in scenic goshen, indiana, where you can bale hay, milk cows, and still have evening time to do your homework. (hee hee!) naw, seriously folks, anna's right. we may have a higher concentration of amish than most other states... (well, at least in my area we do. heck, half of my 2nd cousins are amish!) but we really are not deserving of the "hick" label so lavishly bestowed upon us. and 'taint no one out there whos can beat our basketball teams. you know, i wonder about linnell's (forthcoming?) indiana state song. will it be simply a cover of "back home again in indiana" or will he come up with something more original? i wonder. if it's half as cool as "maine" i'll be happy. and yes, i do feel stiffed that john & john's only stop in our beautiful state was at a 21 and over establishment. anyone care to sign a petition to bring tmbg to goshen college? Life, Love, and Linnell Dustin T. Miller (that DJ dude from Goshen) Sophomore music education major/english minor Goshen College, Goshen, Indiana dustytm@cedar.goshen.edu "You can't write a chord that's ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." -Frank Zappa "Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!" -John Cleese, "Fawlty Towers" ------------------------------ From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott Dodson) Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 01:52:34 +0700 Subject: Please stop doing that. ................................................................................ Why is it neccesary to paste the entire digest as a quotation? Who keeps doing that? It's not fun for us to read. Can I get an AMEN? Scott Sorry to be semi-harsh. ................................................................................ ------------------------------ From: Chris Bongaarts Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 13:52:09 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: Please stop doing that. In the immortal words of Scott Dodson: >Why is it neccesary to paste the entire digest as a quotation? Who keeps >doing that? It's not fun for us to read. Can I get an AMEN? Ask Hot-Cha :) ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 17:07:54 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Please stop doing that. > Why is it neccesary to paste the entire digest as a quotation? Who keeps > doing that? It's not fun for us to read. Can I get an AMEN? I've changed the size limits so if someone tries to do that again it will get bounced to me and I can kill it. It shouldn't ever happen again. - -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org | Make a little birdhouse bicknell@vt.edu | in your soul...... bicknell@cs.vt.edu | They Might http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/ | Be Giants ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 18:19:51 -0700 Subject: Re: Please stop doing that. >In the immortal words of Scott Dodson: > >>Why is it neccesary to paste the entire digest as a quotation? Who keeps >>doing that? It's not fun for us to read. Can I get an AMEN? > >Ask Hot-Cha :) Where is Hot-Cha. my eyes are closed, - -Rabid Child ------------------------------ From: "Ben Allen" Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 18:42:59 +0000 Subject: Re: Please stop doing that. > Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 18:19:51 -0700 > To: tmbg-list@ufp.org > From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) > Subject: Re: Please stop doing that. > Reply-to: tmbg-list@ufp.org > >Ask Hot-Cha :) > Where is Hot-Cha. > my eyes are closed, > -Rabid Child > Hey, another one of those TMBG possible, but not, rhymes. Hot Cha, where are you Everybody's eyes are CLOSED - Free the expo '67 ------------------------------ From: Idiotnot@aol.com Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 23:28:41 -0400 Subject: Reasons to be Blue THIS IS A BETA VERSION Additional copies of this list can be obtained from: idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com, or 75034.1201@compuserve.com ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________ REASONS TO BE BLUE (I didn't say they were good reasons) by Sean Bergeron or BlueDog, Joel Martin-Kuester or SKAZOOKA!, whoever else e-mails me some reasons 1. The Blue Meanie from the Beatles' movie, "The Yellow Submarine" wouldn't be as cool if it was a Pink Meanie 2. Cookie Monster is blue 3. Grover is blue 4. Gonzo is blue 5. Superman has blue hair 6. "The Pink Danube" sounds very wrong 7. There are a lot more blue lines on a piece of paper than the one pink line 8. The Microsoft DOS Editor is blue 9. To Confuse the Electric Monk 10. The R. C. Cola Can is blue 11. Nobody beats you up if you wear a blue suit. 12. Word Perfect 4.2, the best-selling word processor ever, is blue by default. 13. The Sky is Blue 14. Lowenbrau Beer bottles have a blue label 15. A Sailor would look really stupid in pink bell-bottoms. 16. No women flag you down to buy cosmetics when you drive a blue car. 17. OS/2 Warp Full Pack comes in a blue box. 18. Marge Simpson's Hair is blue 19. A pink sno-cone tastes like cough syrup. 20. There's a Blue Room in the White House. 21. Sonic the Hedgehog is blue 22. I can't go see the Johns shows on the seventh. 23. English Teachers will allow you to write an essay in blue ink. 24. Rush Limbaugh's Book,SEE I TOLD YOU SO, has a blue cover. 25. Elvis probably wouldn't have the fan base he has today if he'd sung about pink suede shoes. 26. Blockbuster Music, where I buy my TMBG CDs, has a blue sign. 27. Domino's Pizza 28. It wasn't too long ago when you could only buy Levi's in blue. 29. Netscape has a blue Icon. 30. The US. Postal service is blue. 31. Those cute MetLife commercials with the Peanuts, end in a blue screen. 32. The first-class seats on a Delta L-1011, are blue. 33. AOL Disks aren't blue. 34. Royalty have blue blood. 35. Blue Bonnet Spread tastes good on many things. 36. BLUE Canary in the outlet by the light switch. 37. Cops wear blue. 38. A construction worker wouldn't get many jobs with pinkprints. 39. The Windows 95 box is blue. 40. Toilet Water can be easily made blue. 42. The cover to the paperback version of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY is blue. (notice the number) 43. One of the Astronauts in the Vomit Comet on the Apollo 18 Jacket is wearing a blue Suit. 44 .That Freaky-looking girl on the John Henry cover has on a blue skirt. 45. One of the Olympic Rings is blue. 46. The June 1, 1995 issue of ROLLING STONE has a review of TMBG's performance at The Academy on April 1. The Picture to go along with the article has Flans wearing a Blue striped shirt. 47. Blue Scope makes your mouth fresh. 48. Blue eyes are pretty, whereas pink-eye looks painful and gross. 49. The Lettering on the Absolut Vodka bottle is blue. 50. Beavis' shirt is blue. 51. Pat's (SNL) shirt is blue. 52. Ex-Lax comes in a blue box. 53. Blueberry muffins taste great. 54. The CompuServe Icon is blue. 55. The Whale on the Apollo 18 cover is blue. 56. The Tums bottle is blue. 57. The U. S. Flag has no pink. 58. Crest Cool Mint Gel is blue, and it fights cavities, too! 59. The U. S. News and World Report Cover is blue. 60. If there were no blue, there would be no purple. If there were no purple, there would be no purple toupee. 61. Donald Duck wears blue. 62. Yankees wearing blue socks and sandals make good roadkill targets. 63. Big Blue Bought Lotus. OS/2 apps for all! 64. 13 of the 30 NFL teams wear blue. 65. Hypertext links are blue. 66. Interstate Designation signs are blue. 67. The Sky is Blue. 68. Doctors wear blue in the operating room. 69. Maxwell Coffee comes in a blue can!!!! 70. Some stars are blue. 71. The Weather Channel's Logo is blue. 72. Skim Milk has a blue tint. 73. Greyhound Bus Drivers wear blue. 74. Iodine turns a saltine cracker blue. 75. There are now blue M&M's. 76. Wake up and smell the catfood. Blue cats exist. 77. The first TMBG IRC chat was held on the #bluedog channel. 78. Smurfs are blue. 79. Mr. Blobby is Pink. 80. The 10 Deutsch Mark bill is blue. 81. The Air Force wears blue uniforms. 82. People are pink only when they are living. You're blue for a long, long time. 83. The Jeopardy board is blue. 84. Some of the birds in "Birds Fly" could be bluebirds. 85. You can't mix paints to get blue. 86. The Pillsbury Dough Boy wears some blue. 87. The bad guys got sent to the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy. 88. S. O. S. Pads are blue. 89. Excedrin comes in a blue bottle. 90. Yassar Arafat's head wrap is blue and white. 91. Cub Scouts wear blue uniforms. 92. I'd get worried if I saw a pink moon. 93. The Pink folks will feel blue after reading this. 94. Those big pads that the pole vaulters land on are blue. 95. A Gas stove gives off a blue flame. 96. In some places, the sea is still blue. 97. After working on your car, if you wipe your hands on the pink hand towel, your wife will yell at you. 98. The World Landspeed record was once held by a car named THE BLUE FLAME. 99. SuperFuled Freaksickle has been delayed. 100. TMBG's first album has a picture of a Big Blue Dog on the front. ------------------------------ From: Myke Weiskopf Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 22:44:25 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: asons to be blue Sean Bergeron (idiotnot@ix.netcom.com) wrote: : 9. To Confuse the Electric Monk I like that one... : 11. Nobody beats you up if you wear a blue suit. Unless you're a policeman. : 12. Word Perfect 4.2, the best-selling word processor ever, is blue by : default. Best sellling doesn't mean the best... Ami Pro forever! : 13. The Sky is Blue Not in New Jersey : 20. There's a Blue Room in the White House. The Blue Room is also the secret room in the Patterson Army Base in New Mexico, where they allegedly store the remains of aliens found in the Roswell crash. : 24. Rush Limbaugh's Book,SEE I TOLD YOU SO, has a blue cover. Oh, great. And he'll also be blue when he takes a dirt nap after eating one too many tuna mayonnaise sandwiches. : 29. Netscape has a blue Icon. Telemate has a blue command bar. : 30. The US. Postal service is blue. It also sucks. : 31. Those cute MetLife commercials with the Peanuts, end in a blue : screen. You also get a bluescreen when your VCR eats your video tapes and starts smoking. : 37. Cops wear blue. Copper Blue? Great album. : 40. Toilet Water can be easily made blue. Depending on how many drinks you have. : 49. The Lettering on the Absolut Vodka bottle is blue. And it rearranges itself to spell 'JESUS SAVES' when you drink too much of it. : 51. Pat's (SNL) shirt is blue. And her movie was directed by Adam Bernstein! : 53. Blueberry muffins taste great. That depends. : 59. The U. S. News and World Report Cover is blue. Yeah! USNWR! But the New York Times is still better... : 61. Donald Duck wears blue. Yeah, but he also walks around without pants on. : 67. The Sky is Blue. Not again... : 68. Doctors wear blue in the operating room. And red. But not deliberately. : 70. Some stars are blue. Yeah! Just look at Michael Jackson! (He's more of a sickly indigo colour...) : 74. Iodine turns a saltine cracker blue. Nice scientific bent. : 79. Mr. Blobby is Pink. And thank g-d we don't hear from Him anymore... Blobby, blobby, blobby! Yeeeesh... : 87. The bad guys got sent to the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy. But they should have been sent to a Blue Oyster Cult concert. : 100. TMBG's first album has a picture of a Big Blue Dog on the front. As well as 1,000,000 pink objects. ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 23:12:58 -0500 Subject: Re: Forward: Re: cha, right The Princess Bridesmaid writes: >> From: Leo Bicknell > >> > The Princess Bridesmaid wrote: >> > > than the prodigal son=Jesus. There is nothing in the song to make one >> > [...] >> > >> > Ben? Was that your theory? The one about "drink and cook" means "wine >> > and dine?" 'Cause I thought it was mine. Maybe I'm being picky here, >> > but I would like to be remembered for something *sniff* *choke* *sob* :) >> > >> > >> > m@t > >I'm sorry if I quoted the wrong person. I thought it was one of the >Ben's who was talking about "drink and cook" being "wine and dine" > I'll remember you M@t, I'm sorry. Was I a party to this conversation at some point? I'm quite confused about all of this now, because I don't remember *ever* theorizing about Hot Cha (or saying "'cause"). Am I becoming senile, or is there some insolent pretender to my appellation lurking out there??? m@t ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 23:27:49 -0700 Subject: Re: Forward: Re: cha, right >The Princess Bridesmaid writes: >>> From: Leo Bicknell >>> > The Princess Bridesmaid wrote: >>> > and dine?" 'Cause I thought it was mine. Maybe I'm being picky here, >>> > m@t >Was I a party to this conversation at some point? I'm quite confused >about all of this now, because I don't remember *ever* theorizing about >Hot Cha (or saying "'cause"). Am I becoming senile, or is there some >insolent pretender to my appellation lurking out there??? >m@t Hiya, all! I just wanted to add to this seemingly pointless thread by saying that this handle stealing/posting in someone else's name is just getting waaaay out of hand. You don't know how many times I've opened Eudora to find hate mail for me, for something that I never said. (I won't even begin to theorize how many "rabid Child"'s there are( on AOL alone I count seven!!!!!) Just wanted to point out that if you have something to say, do it in your own name.(And I've had this handle for YEARS.) - -Rabid Child ------------------------------ From: "Ben Allen" Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 22:31:09 +0000 Subject: Re: Reasons to be Blue Wrong, wrong wrong. It's not the Big Blue Dog album. Nor is it the Pink Album. Nor the self-titled first album, or even the Truth or Sandwiches album. No, it is none of these. "What is it?" you ask? Well, from the coiner (yep, that's me, and, yep, I'm sorry) of the name "The Big Blue Dog Album" comes the new, improved TMBG First Album name.....the....the famous...that album is the famous, the famous PRINTED IN CANADA Album. Printed in Canada... (Printed Vanity Canada) Printed in Canada... (Printed Lightning Bulb) Printed in Canada... (Printed Vanity Canada) Printed in Canada... (Printed Dental Flanada) ------------------------------ End of They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #15 *****************************************