From: owner-tmbg-list To: tmbg-digest Subject: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #17 Reply-To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Errors-To: owner-tmbg-list Precedence: bulk They Might Be Giants Digest Tuesday, 3 October 1995 Volume 01 : Number 017 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 02:07:56 +0100 Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue >>: 79. Mr. Blobby is Pink. >> >> And thank g-d we don't hear from Him anymore... >> Blobby, blobby, blobby! Yeeeesh... >It was great when he snapped Larry King's suspenders. And I'm gonna turn the air blue next time I hear Mr. Blobby ;) You non-US guys just be grateful you don't hafta live in the same country as it. Joe - -- * JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk ************************************************* * "I've found out what it takes to be a man, * Mom & Dad will never understand." - Green Day * Coming soon to a Web browser near you: http://www.ftech.net/~joekeith/ ------------------------------ From: Particle Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 21:11:24 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Subtle Skull On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: > >>>Reason to be Blue: To Confuse the Electric Monk (Douglas Adams fans will > >>>get this one) > >>I simply refuse to believe that. > >Refuse to believe what???? > Yes. Yes, have some. Particle (rgauthie@ic.sunysb.edu)__/_\__ Web page under __/_____\__ Construction Truth is Paradox __/_________\__ http://www.ug.cs.sunysb.edu/ __/_____________\__ ~gauthier ------------------------------ From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 02:13:28 +0100 Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue >>: 70. Some stars are blue. >> >> Yeah! Just look at Michael Jackson! (He's more of a sickly >> indigo colour...) >Who said he was still a star? Who said that he ever was? Joe - -- * JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk ************************************************* * "I've found out what it takes to be a man, * Mom & Dad will never understand." - Green Day * Coming soon to a Web browser near you: http://www.ftech.net/~joekeith/ ------------------------------ From: aimee elisabeth pflieger Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:24:57 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue who the heck is Mr. Blobby? ------------------------------ From: Loula Burton Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:53:06 -0500 (CDT) Subject: blue - ----------====> i have seen the truth, and it makes no sense <====---------- On Mon, 2 Oct 1995 Idiotnot@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 95-10-02 14:36:23 EDT, you write: > > >>Reason to be Blue: To Confuse the Electric Monk (Douglas Adams fans will > >>get this one) > > >> i get it. =) - -loula ps um, what's the deal with superfueled freaksicle? i've seen a bunch of contradictory posts. "i suspect that your problem is you have too many paperclips up your nose." -douglas adams ------------------------------ From: Loula Burton Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:53:06 -0500 (CDT) Subject: blue - ----------====> i have seen the truth, and it makes no sense <====---------- On Mon, 2 Oct 1995 Idiotnot@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 95-10-02 14:36:23 EDT, you write: > > >>Reason to be Blue: To Confuse the Electric Monk (Douglas Adams fans will > >>get this one) > > >> i get it. =) - -loula ps um, what's the deal with superfueled freaksicle? i've seen a bunch of contradictory posts. "i suspect that your problem is you have too many paperclips up your nose." -douglas adams ------------------------------ From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael Carr) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:16:29 +1300 Subject: Hot Cha = Not Christ >> Alright I apologise for my lack of knowledge re: the prodigal son, but I >> still doubt that it was Jesus in the song 'Hot Cha' because it said he was >> cooking bacon...and yet this is the King Of The Jews. >The same Jesus who came to the disciple Peter in a vision and told him >to kill and eat the "unclean" may not have a problem with pork >anymore. I doubt he'd turn down the offer, unless he were on a lower >fat diet or something. Yes, but Paul was a Christian, an early one granted, one converted from Judaism, yes, but a Christian none the less. Jesus himself is a higher being so I very very much doubt he has a hunger for any type of food at all. And you never know, maybe they put too much butter on Heavenly popcorn and he is n a low fat diet (see: Jesus Does Not Eat) So Paul = Christian, Jesus = Higher Being, Theoretically Still 'The King Of The Jews', and he never ate the pork, or bacon or whatever. You know, the more I think about this damn song the less I want to...how about some genius translates the Song That Never Ends into Hebrew instead...? - ----------------------------------- The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant. - ----------------------------------- Michael Carr Email: - ----------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:45:34 -0700 Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue >> >: 30. The US. Postal service is blue. >> > >> > It also sucks. >> Okay, Fedex is blue. > >UPS is better, and they're brown, should we call it the brown album? oops is better, When? in '85? >> > >> >: 31. Those cute MetLife commercials with the Peanuts, end in a blue >> >: screen. >> > >> > You also get a bluescreen when your VCR eats your video >> > tapes and starts smoking. >> Yeah, that happened to me the other night while trying to record TMBG on >> house of blues. > >If you would like a copy of that, contact me. I have one, and I also >have access to high tech copying equipment. Define High tech...the last guy who had "High tech copying equip. sent me what appeared to be a tenth gen dub off of a camcorder. or maybe make that a 35mm proj. I would think of high tech as something along the lines of a Sony SVHS to SVHS transfer machine...no gen loss...sumpin' like that. >> > >> >> >: 40. Toilet Water can be easily made blue. >> > >> > Depending on how many drinks you have. >> After finals, I can make it blue every time. > >It can be made green too. What's your point? and, if you're throwing up blood after having drunk a lot of whole milk, It'll be made pink. > >> >: 51. Pat's (SNL) shirt is blue. >> > >> > And her movie was directed by Adam Bernstein! >> Haven't seen it. and wouldn't it be IT'S movie was directed by Adam >> Bernstein? No ONE Did! the flick took in only $800,000 at the Box Office.SNL probably makes that much gross in three shows(Or did, when it was actually funny) >> >: 61. Donald Duck wears blue. >> > >> > Yeah, but he also walks around without pants on. >> All hail his bravery. > no, no, that's all hail chess piece face. >> > >> >: 67. The Sky is Blue. >> > >> > Not again... >> Had to emphasize this point.....you saw the notice at the top: THIS IS A >> BETA VERSION. > >Actually, the sky is every color but blue. The reason you see the sky >as blue is because the essential nature of the sky causes it to >reflect the color blue. That is the nature of color. Ask a science >professor. Oh, now you want kids to start asking their parents "Mommy, Why does the sky seem to emulate the color blue to the unabbetted, unfiltered, naked human eye?"????!!!!????!!!! > Sorry, I tried to stay out of the Blue/pink debate, but these were too easy to pass up. - -Rabid Child (One more thing! I now have a jingle!) "No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child!!!" 8o) ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:52:27 -0700 Subject: Re: Subtle Skull >On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: > >> >>>Reason to be Blue: To Confuse the Electric Monk (Douglas Adams fans will >> >>>get this one) >> >>I simply refuse to believe that. >> >Refuse to believe what???? >> Yes. >Yes, have some. That's what I had for lunch. - -Rabid Child (One more thing! I now have a jingle!) "No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child!!!" 8o) ------------------------------ From: Phoenix777@aol.com Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 23:00:36 -0400 Subject: AaAAaAaAAaaAa! The skies opened and Particle did spitteth these words down to earth: >A normal AOLer! My god! :) I hope not normal! Last time I checked I DIDN'T use the phrase "Information Superhighway" to prove my vast knowledge of the net and I didn't think Windows was far too complex and confusing for them to start people off on with only a hundred page manual and the F1 key to go by. Anybody know Elektra's E-Mail address? I have a few choice words for their "now you see it, now you don't" album policy... Adam "I can't get the hang of all this double-clicking" Luikart ps...If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, then I've sang with Wilbur Pauley, who is listed with the esteemed Hudson Shad. He's like a super god-of-basses and I flipped when I saw his name on the cover. Just thought I'd let that be known. ------------------------------ From: Chris Bongaarts Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 22:45:12 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: Hot Cha = Not Christ In the immortal words of Michael Carr: >Yes, but Paul was a Christian, an early one granted, one converted from >Judaism, yes, but a Christian none the less. Jesus himself is a higher >being so I very very much doubt he has a hunger for any type of food at >all. Actually, I recall that Jesus became "fully" human and was subject to the body wants and needs (i.e. what's the point of fasting in the desert if you never get hungry?) See also Scorsese's "Last Temptation of Christ", which takes this thought to one of its logical extremes. (I think - I've never gotten around to seeing it myself). >You know, the more I think about this damn song the less I want to...how >about some genius translates the Song That Never Ends into Hebrew >instead...? I'm afraid I don't know Hebrew. You'll have to live with C. #include main{for(;;)printf("This is the song that never ends,\nYes it goes on and on my friends.\nSome people started singing it\nNot knowing was it was\nAnd now they keep on singing it forever just because\n");} Perl, COBOL, Scheme and 6502 assembly versions available upon request. ============================================ cab@cis.umn.edu Chris Bongaarts University of Minnesota bong0004@gold.tc.umn.edu My opinions are my own, and they are right. cbongaar@acm.cs.umn.edu WWW URL: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~cab CBongo@IRC (channel #umn) GCS d-- s:+ a21 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N++ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE+ Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.0] Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part. License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. ------------------------------ From: "Christina (a smiling yellow face)" Date: Tue, 03 Oct 95 00:20:18 EDT Subject: more etc.--does it ever stop? HELLO (CD club) again and again... To finally voice the question that has been hinted at in several people's notes: WHAT IS UP WITH THAT "FREAKY, SCARY" GIRL ON THE JOHN HENRY COVER??? Secondly, to respond to Neil Kelly: Well then, I compliment your taste in women. (Lost again?) :) Do you know what is sad about being a TMBG fan: not one person won the pop quiz I had on my radio show when I asked which popular 70's disco song was covered in part on the misc. t album! (Am I too picky?) :) 'Night, all. ...Wake up and smell the cat food in your bank account... ------------------------------ From: DrSzusz@aol.com Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 00:54:48 -0400 Subject: John Henry girl The girl on the cover of J.H. looks EXACTLY like my best friend & his wifes daughter! Its friggin' spooky! I don't understand way people think shes strange. Is it 'cause shes not smiling like a nice little girl should? Its the photographer thats strange, if there is a guilty party here. Shes just some girl they found and told how to look & where to sit, etc. Know what I mean? ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 10:08:17 EDT Subject: Re: AaAAaAaAAaaAa! > I hope not normal! Last time I checked I DIDN'T use the phrase "Information > Superhighway" Please don't say that phrase. It drives me crazy when people talk about it! Do you see any cars here? > Anybody know Elektra's E-Mail address? I have a few choice words for their > "now you see it, now you don't" album policy... I think its avalible on thier web site. www.elektra.com (i think thats it) ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 10:11:42 EDT Subject: Re: more etc.--does it ever stop? > Do you know what is sad about being a TMBG fan: not one person won the pop > quiz I had on my radio show when I asked which popular 70's disco song was > covered in part on the misc. t album! (Am I too picky?) :) I couldn't answer that. I don't know anything about disco (it was before my time). ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 10:12:39 EDT Subject: Re: John Henry girl > The girl on the cover of J.H. looks EXACTLY like my best friend & his wifes > daughter! > Its friggin' spooky! > I don't understand way people think shes strange. Is it 'cause shes not > smiling like a nice little girl should? > Its the photographer thats strange, if there is a guilty party here. > Shes just some girl they found and told how to look & where to sit, etc. > Know what I mean? Yeah that and the fact she has a pick (or what ever you want to call it) in her hand. ------------------------------ From: Keith Hyman Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 10:25:32 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Hot Cha michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael NOT CATHOLIC! Carr) wrote on Fri, 29 Sep 1995 17:01:31 +1200: >Alright I apologise for my lack of knowledge re: the prodigal son, but I >still doubt that it was Jesus in the song 'Hot Cha' because it said he was >cooking bacon...and yet this is the King Of The Jews. > >Go Figger. I did, and the way I figger it, Hot Cha (a.k.a. Jesus) was "cookin' bacon" as a metaphor for having abandoned one basic dietary law of Judaism. But this is fawlty lodgic, axyoualee, because as we all knows, J was born _and_ died a Jew. Yea, it was Paul who propulgated the notion of abandoning basic Jewish tenets in order to substantiate Christianity as a distinct religion, even going so far as to insist that the longstanding covenant which Abraham held with G-d be also abandoned. Thus ritual circumcision is no longer required of newborn Christian males. But with what, if anything, did Paul replace the Covenant? ================================================================================ Keith Hyman | Nobody tells; everyone understands it's everybody Nashville TN 37221 USA | For Nobody. Anyone for anybody? hymankk70@ccvax.mmc.edu| I will be responsible For Nobody. | ...Gentle Giant/The Missing Piece ------------------------------ From: Paul Leonard Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 10:58:42 -0500 Subject: Re: Hot Cha = Not Christ At 10:45 PM 10/2/95 -0500, Chris Bongaarts wrote: >#include >main{for(;;)printf("This is the song that never ends,\nYes it goes on >and on my friends.\nSome people started singing it\nNot knowing was it >was\nAnd now they keep on singing it forever just because\n");} > >Perl, COBOL, Scheme and 6502 assembly versions available upon request. > yes, please post these. And how about C++? #include int main(void) { for (int i=2, i = 1,i) { cout << "This is the song that never ends,\n" << "Yes it goes on and on my friends.\n" << "Some people started singing it\n" << "Not knowing was it was\n" << "And now they keep on singing it forever just because\n" } return 0 } paul Laundry goes in. Clothes come out. Life goes on. Clothes get dirty again. ------------------------------ From: Brad Tutterow Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 11:39:21 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Album Sales Does anyone have any statistics on TMBG album sales. I know the all-powerful Flood went gold, and I'm sure JH did, but what about the others? - - Brad the Amazing TMBG fan tutterow@stlcop.edu  ------------------------------ From: Particle Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 13:33:22 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: more etc.--does it ever stop? On Tue, 3 Oct 1995, Adam P. Fistler wrote: > > > Do you know what is sad about being a TMBG fan: not one person won the pop > > quiz I had on my radio show when I asked which popular 70's disco song was > > covered in part on the misc. t album! (Am I too picky?) :) > > I couldn't answer that. I don't know anything about disco (it was before my time). > Was it that damn song Someone Left the Cake out in the raiN or something? I noticed a definite reference to it "It's Not My Birthday" Particle (rgauthie@ic.sunysb.edu)__/_\__ Web page under __/_____\__ Construction Truth is Paradox __/_________\__ http://www.ug.cs.sunysb.edu/ __/_____________\__ ~gauthier ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 13:45:34 EDT Subject: Re: more etc.--does it ever stop? > > > Do you know what is sad about being a TMBG fan: not one person won the pop > > > quiz I had on my radio show when I asked which popular 70's disco song was > > > covered in part on the misc. t album! (Am I too picky?) :) Here's one that will get _some_ people. Whats the name of They Might Be Giants first album. It'd be intresting to see how many people would give you the RIGHT answer. ------------------------------ From: Myke Weiskopf Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 12:45:25 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: Album Sales > I know the all-powerful Flood went gold, and I'm sure JH did, but what > about the others? John Henry didn't get anywhere near gold. ------------------------------ From: bunnrees@netcom.netcom.com (Dave Bunnell) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 10:57:37 -0700 Subject: Mir&a Mir&a? I've never met someone named Mirampersanda. Cool! Davenue ------------------------------ From: "The Princess Bridesmaid" Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:06:21 EST Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue > >> >: 30. The US. Postal service is blue. > >> > > >> > It also sucks. > >> Okay, Fedex is blue. > > > >UPS is better, and they're brown, should we call it the brown album? > > oops is better, When? in '85? Can you say CHEAP? Like half the price of fedex, and I get packages from my mom in a day, which is just as fast as Fedex. Besides, the UPS delivery guys are cuter. > Define High tech...the last guy who had "High tech copying equip. sent me > what appeared to be a tenth gen dub off of a camcorder. or maybe make that > a 35mm proj. I would think of high tech as something along the lines of a > Sony SVHS to SVHS transfer machine...no gen loss...sumpin' like that. > >> > It's actually a panasonic VHS to VHS transfer system. Its brand new, and I think the departement has only used it twice. I work in my colleges Media services, so I'm essentially a professional A/V geek. Turst me, I know good copying equip when I see it, and I know a crappy copy when I see it. > >> > >> >: 40. Toilet Water can be easily made blue. > >> > > >> > Depending on how many drinks you have. > >> After finals, I can make it blue every time. > > > >It can be made green too. What's your point? > > and, if you're throwing up blood after having drunk a lot of whole milk, > It'll be made pink. Good point. > >Actually, the sky is every color but blue. The reason you see the sky > >as blue is because the essential nature of the sky causes it to > >reflect the color blue. That is the nature of color. Ask a science > >professor. > > Oh, now you want kids to start asking their parents "Mommy, Why does the > sky seem to emulate the color blue to the unabbetted, unfiltered, naked > human eye?"????!!!!????!!!! I think it is essential for childern to ask questions. That is, after all, how they learn. Cathy ******************************************** "I am not the only dust my mother raised" They Might Be Giants Catherine Gurry catherine.gurry@Agnes.ScottLAN.edu ********************************************* ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson x722 Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 12:08:34 MDT Subject: disco cover If the misc_t disco cover song was "It's not my birthday" referring to "Macarthur Park". Macarthur Park itself was a 60's hit, redone in disco style by Donna Summer. Russ ------------------------------ From: "The Princess Bridesmaid" Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:15:03 EST Subject: Re: John Henry girl > I don't understand way people think shes strange. Is it 'cause shes not > smiling like a nice little girl should? No, it's not because she's not smiling. It's because she has this haunted look in her eye, as if she's seen great tragedy or great horrer in her young life. Does anybody know what happened in the NAME-THE-JH-GIRL contest? I'm still rooting for Phoebe, you know. Cathy ******************************************** "I am not the only dust my mother raised" They Might Be Giants Catherine Gurry catherine.gurry@Agnes.ScottLAN.edu ********************************************* ------------------------------ From: "The Princess Bridesmaid" Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:17:31 EST Subject: Re: Album Sales > > Does anyone have any statistics on TMBG album sales. > I know the all-powerful Flood went gold, and I'm sure JH did, but what > about the others? You know, it amazes me that something like that can happen, and it still NEVER gets played on the radio. Cathy ******************************************** "I am not the only dust my mother raised" They Might Be Giants Catherine Gurry catherine.gurry@Agnes.ScottLAN.edu ********************************************* ------------------------------ From: Idiotnot@aol.com Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:39:04 -0400 Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue In a message dated 95-10-02 21:37:27 EDT, you write: >who the heck is Mr. Blobby? > > If you don't know, you're better off. BlueDog (Blobby!) ------------------------------ From: Idiotnot@aol.com Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:34:42 -0400 Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue In a message dated 95-10-02 21:21:15 EDT, you write: >>>: 79. Mr. Blobby is Pink. >>> >>> And thank g-d we don't hear from Him anymore... >>> Blobby, blobby, blobby! Yeeeesh... >>It was great when he snapped Larry King's suspenders. > >And I'm gonna turn the air blue next time I hear Mr. Blobby ;) >You non-US guys just be grateful you don't hafta live in the same country as >it. > > I'm an American, and I know who he is!!!!!!!!!! That's why he's in the list!!!!!! BlueDog ------------------------------ From: "The Princess Bridesmaid" Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:52:58 EST Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue > I'm an American, and I know who he is!!!!!!!!!! That's why he's in the > list!!!!!! > > BlueDog Well, I'm also an american, and I'm clueless! Who the H*** is Mr. Blobby?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! ******************************************** "I am not the only dust my mother raised" They Might Be Giants Catherine Gurry catherine.gurry@Agnes.ScottLAN.edu ********************************************* ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 14:57:41 EDT Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue > >who the heck is Mr. Blobby? I think he's like this English kid show type thing. I think the English find him just as annoying (or more so) than we find barney (our annoying purple dianosour). ------------------------------ From: 924304@xavier.xu.edu Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:17:35 -0400 (EDT) Subject: RE: John Henry girl I think it's because of her nose... Ziggy ------------------------------ From: comrade@pixi.com Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 09:28:45 -1000 Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue >> >who the heck is Mr. Blobby? > >I think he's like this English kid show type thing. I think the English find him just as annoying (or more so) than we find barney (our annoying purple dianosour). > > someone please tell me how to get off from this mailing list ------------------------------ From: Burt Codispoti Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 12:35:28 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: John Henry girl > > The girl on the cover of J.H. looks EXACTLY like my best friend & his wifes > > daughter! > > Its friggin' spooky! > > I don't understand way people think shes strange. Is it 'cause shes not > > smiling like a nice little girl should? > > Its the photographer thats strange, if there is a guilty party here. > > Shes just some girl they found and told how to look & where to sit, etc. > > Know what I mean? > > Yeah that and the fact she has a pick (or what ever you want to call it) in her > hand. Every time I wear the Spooky Girl Concert Shirt literally EVERYONE ASKS: who is she? Is that your sister/daughter? Weird, but I have to explain it a million times whenever it's on. Burt ...I must be silent, must contain my secret smile... ------------------------------ From: zen kitty Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:39:32 -0500 Subject: Re: Album Sales At 12:45 PM 10/3/95 -0500, you wrote: >> I know the all-powerful Flood went gold, and I'm sure JH did, but what >> about the others? > > John Henry didn't get anywhere near gold. > i read or heard somewhere Flansburg saying that JH was shipped gold. ------------------------------ From: zen kitty Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:49:04 -0500 Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue >someone please tell me how to get off from this mailing list and so it begins... ------------------------------ From: zen kitty Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:50:28 -0500 Subject: Re: John Henry girl >who is she? Is that your sister/daughter? oddly enough, she actually looks alot like my sister. ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 15:55:59 EDT Subject: TMBG articles, papers what ever. If you have any papers you wrote, articles or what ever you wrote about TMBG and you want to see them on a web site some where email me. I'm looking for stuff fans have written about them. So email the article, paper, ect... or a location of where it can be found. And also if any of you have any tmbg stuff on your web page or infact just a home page, email me your url. ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 16:03:06 EDT Subject: Re: John Henry girl I wonder if the Johns are gonna put this in the FAQ in thier next catalog. ------------------------------ From: aimee elisabeth pflieger Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:23:40 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue > >who the heck is Mr. Blobby? > > > > > > If you don't know, you're better off. > > BlueDog (Blobby!) > > I'm sure there a few other people out there who don't knwo who Mr. Blobby is, let's take a vote. Every who has heard of Mr. Blobby, write and say so. That goes for you non-My. blobby people too. Then we'll tally the votes in a calm manner, and we'll just see about this. ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 16:35:51 EDT Subject: Re: Reasons to be blue > >> >who the heck is Mr. Blobby? > > > >I think he's like this English kid show type thing. I think the English > find him just as annoying (or more so) than we find barney (our annoying > purple dianosour). > > > > > someone please tell me how to get off from this mailing list > Was it something I said? ------------------------------ From: conner@cs.wisc.edu (Joshua Conner) Date: Tue, 3 Oct 95 14:48:43 -0500 Subject: Treating Johns as objects... > yes, please post these. And how about C++? > > #include > int main(void) > { > for (int i=2, i = 1,i) > { > cout << "This is the song that never ends,\n" > << "Yes it goes on and on my friends.\n" > << "Some people started singing it\n" > << "Not knowing was it was\n" > << "And now they keep on singing it forever just because\n" > } > return 0 > } > > paul Or, if we were really ambitious and wanted to use real OOP... #include class John { public: void sing_it(); }; void John::sing_it() { while (1) { cout << "This is the song that never ends,\n" << "Yes it goes on and on my friends.\n" << "Some people started singing it\n" << "Not knowing was it was\n" << "And now they keep on singing it forever just because" << endl; } } int main() { John John_1; John_1.sing_it(); } Of course, if I knew which John actually did the singing on this snippet, I would replace John_1 with his name... - --Joshua (usually lurking) ------------------------------ From: CayQelDrma@aol.com Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 18:22:41 -0400 Subject: No More!!!! No more reasons to be blue. It's the Pink Album!!!!!!! The Pink Album!!!!!!! The PINK ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just stop!!!!! ------------------------------ From: Myke Weiskopf Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:32:45 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: TMBG articles, papers what ever. http://execpc.com/~jerk ------------------------------ From: Chris Bongaarts Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 17:54:12 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: TMBG articles, papers what ever. In the immortal words of Adam P. Fistler: > >If you have any papers you wrote, articles or what ever you wrote about TMBG and you want to see them on a web site some where email me. I'm looking for stuff fans have written about them. So email the article, paper, ect... or a location of where it can be found. And also if any of you have any tmbg stuff on your web page or infact just a home page, email me your url. > I've got scans of the Back To Skull single on my music page off my home page (listed below), as well as The Who Sings What List that I maintain. ============================================ cab@cis.umn.edu Chris Bongaarts University of Minnesota bong0004@gold.tc.umn.edu My opinions are my own, and they are right. cbongaar@acm.cs.umn.edu WWW URL: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~cab CBongo@IRC (channel #umn) GCS d-- s:+ a21 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N++ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE+ Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.0] Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part. License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. ------------------------------ End of They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #17 *****************************************