From: owner-tmbg-list To: tmbg-digest Subject: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #19 Reply-To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Errors-To: owner-tmbg-list Precedence: bulk They Might Be Giants Digest Thursday, 5 October 1995 Volume 01 : Number 019 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Jennifer Parker" Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 13:58:13 EST Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #17 > >Yes, but Paul was a Christian, an early one granted, one converted from > >Judaism, yes, but a Christian none the less. Jesus himself is a higher > >being so I very very much doubt he has a hunger for any type of food at > >all. > > Actually, I recall that Jesus became "fully" human and was subject to > the body wants and needs (i.e. what's the point of fasting in the > desert if you never get hungry?) See also Scorsese's "Last Temptation > of Christ", which takes this thought to one of its logical extremes. > (I think - I've never gotten around to seeing it myself). You are right about Jesus being human. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have died!!! And I also like that movie. I originally watched it because my aunt was involved in a protest against it. You're right about the premise of the movie as well. > Besides, the > UPS delivery guys are cuter. Hello!! I most heartily agree, Cathy dear! > > Every time I wear the Spooky Girl Concert Shirt literally EVERYONE ASKS: > who is she? Is that your sister/daughter? Weird, but I have to explain > it a million times whenever it's on. > When I wear my shirt with the pointillism picture of Pearl (it looks sort of like pointillism), everybody asks if that is a picture of me or someone I know. By now, everyone at my school knows about it, so I haven't had to explain it for a while. Beware first-years! You will succumb!! Maybe we should carry around a Walkman or a Discman, then when people ask us we can let them listen to a TMBG song. That way MAYBE they would have more fans. :) Of course we could always just run around accosting people on public transportation in this manner. ;) FUN!! Hugs and Kisses to All, (but not from me) Jennifer ------------------------------ From: Willie Pat Chuss Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 11:12:46 PDT Subject: Mics-T Hmmmmm... It just hit me. Maybe I'm ignorant and many of you may have already got this, but looking at a receipt the other day I finally figured out what Misc-T stands for. It's that extra stupid tax that merchants seem to tack on your bill for some unknown reason. Pat *:-) (note the lightbulb atop my smiley). ------------------------------ From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 14:20:27 EDT Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #17 > When I wear my shirt with the pointillism picture of Pearl (it looks > sort of like pointillism), everybody asks if that is a picture of me > or someone I know. By now, everyone at my school knows about it, so > I haven't had to explain it for a while. Beware first-years! You > will succumb!! Maybe we should carry around a Walkman or a Discman, > then when people ask us we can let them listen to a TMBG song. That > way MAYBE they would have more fans. :) Of course we could always > just run around accosting people on public transportation in this > manner. ;) FUN!! Well that makes me think of something. What songs have you found to work to convert trendy people to TMBG fans. I found Istanbul, Don't Let's Start, Particle Man and Snail Shell works for me the most. How about you guys? BTW I'm still looking for articles, TMBG fan web pages, radio station that play TMBG or anything else neat. ------------------------------ From: Willie Pat Chuss Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 11:20:10 PDT Subject: Re: no longer a mateless australian loser > Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 13:19:21 +0930 (CST) > Subject: Re: Only Australian? > > > > > From: Mark Sehler > > Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:38:00 +1000 (EST) > > Subject: mateless in australia > > > > To everyone in the EMAIL TMBG > > > > I am a mateless Australian loser that is in like with TMBG music. > > As the only Australian on the list i will look forward to the insight > > I will be able to bring, discussionally as well as socially. > > I am pleased to meet you all. > > > > From > > > > Royale with Cheese > > Ummm, wrong actually. I was here first. I just don't bother writing to > the list much (you all seem to be able to rave on quite well without my > help). > Well technically you're both wrong. Our long time listers Haggis and Rocksie who are conspicuously missing from the new list were the first down-underers I remember on this thing. I've copied them on this mailing, so hopefully they'll rear their cheery rears and rejoin us once again. Pat "Later on, messing around in my backyard. I was nine. I stumbled onto the theory of anti-gravity. It's such a simple trick I said to myself. I, eh-ha-eh, I hope I can remember it." -Dave Thomas- ------------------------------ From: jiffy boy Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 13:17:28 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG Digest At 10:19 AM 10/4/95 EDT, you wrote: >Does anyone remember how to get previous copys of the TMBG digest? if you know which one you want, I can forward a copy of it to you. |> /\ | | | | /--\|__| |__ ------------------------------ From: Brooks Ann Camper Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 13:57:29 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: Mics-T > Hmmmmm... It just hit me. Maybe I'm ignorant and many of you > may have already got this, but looking at a receipt the other > day I finally figured out what Misc-T stands for. It's that > extra stupid tax that merchants seem to tack on your bill for > some unknown reason. > I always saw it as the fact that in some record stores, when bands aren't popular enough to have their name on the little plastic divider thing between CDs they just put "Misc" and whatever letter the band starts with. Meaning that this "They Might Be Giants" album can probably be found under "Misc T". stays crispy in milk, brooks ann ------------------------------ From: Chris Bongaarts Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 13:59:26 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: Mics-T In the immortal words of Willie Pat Chuss: > >Hmmmmm... It just hit me. Maybe I'm ignorant and many of you >may have already got this, but looking at a receipt the other >day I finally figured out what Misc-T stands for. It's that >extra stupid tax that merchants seem to tack on your bill for >some unknown reason. It's also the bin in which TMBG CD's and tapes and such were thrown back before they had their own divider in the music stores. ============================================ cab@cis.umn.edu Chris Bongaarts University of Minnesota bong0004@gold.tc.umn.edu My opinions are my own, and they are right. cbongaar@acm.cs.umn.edu WWW URL: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~cab CBongo@IRC (channel #umn) ------------------------------ From: Brad Tutterow Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 14:18:57 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: Album Sales On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Adam P. Fistler wrote: > > There's a radio station here in Cincinnati that plays TMBG. It's 97.7 WOXY. > > THey only play them every now and then, though. It's still pretty cool. > > Ziggy > > > > Yeah theres only 1 radio station in MD that plays them. > Its 99.1 WHFS in Annapolis, Maryland but I'll never listen to that > station again because after they play any NON Trendy song (ie TMBG) they > make fun of it. > > Also I'd like to get a list of radio stations that play TMBG. > If you know of any (or you run any) tell me what city and state thier, > and what the frequency and call letters of the station are (or what the > station calls themselves). 105.7 KPNT (The Point) in St. Louis is rather religous about playing them. Then gets lots of airtime, especially before concerts and PointFest. PointFest is a wonderful radio festival that TMBG have played 3 years running now. ------------------------------ From: "jiffy boy is on, hurry up he needs a hammer, to knock his head around." Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 15:00:51 -0500 Subject: Re: Album Sales At 02:18 PM 10/4/95 -0500, you wrote: > > >On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Adam P. Fistler wrote: > >> > There's a radio station here in Cincinnati that plays TMBG. It's 97.7 WOXY. >> > THey only play them every now and then, though. It's still pretty cool. >> > Ziggy >> > >> >> Yeah theres only 1 radio station in MD that plays them. >> Its 99.1 WHFS in Annapolis, Maryland but I'll never listen to that >> station again because after they play any NON Trendy song (ie TMBG) they >> make fun of it. >> >> Also I'd like to get a list of radio stations that play TMBG. >> If you know of any (or you run any) tell me what city and state thier, >> and what the frequency and call letters of the station are (or what the >> station calls themselves). > > >105.7 KPNT (The Point) in St. Louis is rather religous about playing them. >Then gets lots of airtime, especially before concerts and PointFest. >PointFest is a wonderful radio festival that TMBG have played 3 years >running now. > both Dallas and Austin are severly lacking of a radio station that will play TMBG. 94.5 The Edge played snail shell a few times before they came for their last tour, but that was about it. They do have a really cool dj there though (Josh from the Adventure Club), who I sat next to at the show, and he told me to call his show the next sunday night, and I did and he gave me a copy of Live In New York Cd. hurry up, he needs a doctor, to take the hammer from his head! ------------------------------ From: Brad Tutterow Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 15:29:24 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Re: No More!!!! AMEN!  On Tue, 3 Oct 1995 CayQelDrma@aol.com wrote: > No more reasons to be blue. It's the Pink Album!!!!!!! The Pink Album!!!!!!! > The PINK ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just stop!!!!! > ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson x722 Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 14:52:52 MDT Subject: KTCL, 93.3 Fort Collins, CO plays TMBG quite regularly ------------------------------ From: sara kathleen smith Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 16:20:27 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: KTCL, 93.3 Fort Collins, CO plays TMBG quite regularly are there any stations for the folks in indiana to listen to? hmmm? yours in stormy pinkness, soph ------------------------------ From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 22:50:35 +0100 Subject: Re: KILL BLOBBY Aimee said: >> >That goes for you non-My. >> Erm... yes - well - it happens :) <---- Baaaa >> >> Joe > >ok, I'm sorry for the typos, I MEANT "non-Mr. Blobby". Definitely NOT >"non-My. blobby." That just doesn't make sense! Sorry Aimee - I was actually having a go at myself. I thought *you* were having a go at *me* for sayin "non-US" instead of "non-UK". Now that we've got the posty out of the way - let's get down to some votin'. :) Joe - -- * JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk ************************************************* * "I've found out what it takes to be a man, * Mom & Dad will never understand." - Green Day * Coming soon to a Web browser near you: http://www.ftech.net/~joekeith/ ------------------------------ From: Burt Codispoti Date: Wed, 04 Oct 1995 14:52:26 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: Mics-T > Hmmmmm... It just hit me. Maybe I'm ignorant and many of you > may have already got this, but looking at a receipt the other > day I finally figured out what Misc-T stands for. It's that > extra stupid tax that merchants seem to tack on your bill for > some unknown reason. > No way, it's gotta be 'cause before they were Giants they were just thrown into the "T" section of alphabetical by artists listings. Later when they had their own slot titled TMBG, the joke Misc. T became moot. And, NO "T" is not for just some extra, b-side TUNES. Burt ...How the hell do I know why there were Jews, I can't even work the can-opener...Woody Allen Hannah and Her Sisters; could've been the same family on Misc T track 13 ------------------------------ From: aimee elisabeth pflieger Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 17:09:14 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: KILL BLOBBY On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Joe Keith wrote: > Aimee said: > > >> >That goes for you non-My. > >> Erm... yes - well - it happens :) <---- Baaaa > >> > >> Joe > > > >ok, I'm sorry for the typos, I MEANT "non-Mr. Blobby". Definitely NOT > >"non-My. blobby." That just doesn't make sense! > > Sorry Aimee - I was actually having a go at myself. I thought *you* were > having a go at *me* for sayin "non-US" instead of "non-UK". Now that we've > got the posty out of the way - let's get down to some votin'. :) > > Joe 4 for "who the dickens is Mr. Blobby?", 2 for "The thmbg-list oracle told me about Mr. Blobby" and NO VOTES for "yes, I admit that I am familiar with Mr. Blobby". Where are all you Blobby-fanatics out there? - -asolutely aimee's mood ------------------------------ From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 23:36:05 +0100 Subject: Re: KILL BLOBBY >On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Aimee wrote >4 for "who the dickens is Mr. Blobby?", 2 for "The thmbg-list oracle told >me about Mr. Blobby" and NO VOTES for "yes, I admit that I am familiar with >Mr. Blobby". Where are all you Blobby-fanatics out there? I'm sure I voted as a know as opposed to a no, so if you've counted me as a no recount that as a know, but don't forget to take the miscounted no off the no count. Hopefully this won't have put anyone's knows out of joint. ;) With me? Know - I'm not either - think i'll go to bed.... Joe - -- * JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk ************************************************* * "I've found out what it takes to be a man, * Mom & Dad will never understand." - Green Day * Coming soon to a Web browser near you: http://www.ftech.net/~joekeith/ ------------------------------ From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 19:44:52 -0600 Subject: Re: Album Sales >Also I'd like to get a list of radio stations that play TMBG. If you know >of any (or you run any) tell me what city and state thier, and what the >frequency and call letters of the station are (or what the station calls >themselves). WMHW Modern Rock 91.5, Mt. Pleasant, MI. Thanks again to Anne for introducing me to this station last year. My car radio has ben constantly tuned to it since. ****************************************************************** Jonathan Chaffer Rabidchild on RealmsMud jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu Mail me for help getting there! - -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a--- C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K+ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- - ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 20:14:00 -0600 Subject: Re: Album Sales >Thanks again to Anne for introducing me to this station last year. My car >radio has ben constantly tuned to it since. ^^^ Of course, this was "ben" as in "Ben or Been." ****************************************************************** Jonathan Chaffer Rabidchild on RealmsMud jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu Mail me for help getting there! - -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a--- C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K+ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- - ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ From: idiotnot@ix.netcom.com (Sean Bergeron ) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 17:57:48 -0700 Subject: Reasons to be Blue 1.0 VERSION 1.0 Additional copies of this list can be obtained from: idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com, or 75034.1201@compuserve.com ________________________________________________________________________ ____________________ REASONS TO BE BLUE by Sean Bergeron or BlueDog, Joel Martin-Kuester or SKAZOOKA!, Aimee Pflieger, whoever else e-mails me some reasons 1. The Blue Meanie from the Beatles' movie, "The Yellow Submarine" wouldn't be as cool if it was a Pink Meanie 2. Cookie Monster is blue 3. Grover is blue 4. Gonzo is blue 5. Superman has blue hair 6. "The Pink Danube" sounds very wrong 7. There are a lot more blue lines on a piece of paper than the one pink line 8. The Microsoft DOS Editor is blue 9. To Confuse the Electric Monk 10. The R. C. Cola Can is blue 11. Nobody beats you up if you wear a blue suit. 12. Word Perfect 4.2, the best-selling word processor ever, is blue by default. 13. The Sky is Blue 14. Lowenbrau Beer bottles have a blue label 15. A Sailor would look really stupid in pink bell-bottoms. 16. No women flag you down to buy cosmetics when you drive a blue car. 17. OS/2 Warp Full Pack comes in a blue box. 18. Marge Simpson's Hair is blue 19. A pink sno-cone tastes like cough syrup. 20. There's a Blue Room in the White House. 21. Sonic the Hedgehog is blue 22. I can't go see the Johns shows on the seventh. 23. English Teachers will allow you to write an essay in blue ink. 24. Rush Limbaugh's Book,SEE I TOLD YOU SO, has a blue cover. 25. Elvis probably wouldn't have the fan base he has today if he'd sung about pink suede shoes. 26. Blockbuster Music, where I buy my TMBG CDs, has a blue sign. 27. Domino's Pizza 28. It wasn't too long ago when you could only buy Levi's in blue. 29. Netscape has a blue Icon. 30. The US. Postal service is blue. 31. Those cute MetLife commercials with the Peanuts, end in a blue screen. 32. The first-class seats on a Delta L-1011, are blue. 33. AOL Disks aren't blue. 34. Royalty have blue blood. 35. Blue Bonnet Spread tastes good on many things. 36. BLUE Canary in the outlet by the light switch. 37. Cops wear blue. 38. A construction worker wouldn't get many jobs with pinkprints. 39. The Windows 95 box is blue. 40. Toilet Water can be easily made blue. 42. The cover to the paperback version of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY is blue. (notice the number) 43. One of the Astronauts in the Vomit Comet on the Apollo 18 Jacket is wearing a blue Suit. 44 .That Freaky-looking girl on the John Henry cover has on a blue skirt. 45. One of the Olympic Rings is blue. 46. The June 1, 1995 issue of ROLLING STONE has a review of TMBG's performance at The Academy on April 1. The Picture to go along with the article has Flans wearing a Blue striped shirt. 47. Blue Scope makes your mouth fresh. 48. Blue eyes are pretty, whereas pink-eye looks painful and gross. 49. The Lettering on the Absolut Vodka bottle is blue. 50. Beavis' shirt is blue. 51. Pat's (SNL) shirt is blue. 52. Ex-Lax comes in a blue box. 53. Blueberry muffins taste great. 54. The CompuServe Icon is blue. 55. The Whale on the Apollo 18 cover is blue. 56. The Tums bottle is blue. 57. The U. S. Flag has no pink. 58. Crest Cool Mint Gel is blue, and it fights cavities, too! 59. The U. S. News and World Report Cover is blue. 60. If there were no blue, there would be no purple. If there were no purple, there would be no purple toupee. 61. Donald Duck wears blue. 62. Yankees wearing blue socks and sandals make good roadkill targets. 63. Big Blue Bought Lotus. OS/2 apps for all! 64. 13 of the 30 NFL teams wear blue. 65. Hypertext links are blue. 66. Interstate Designation signs are blue. 67. the BLUES BROTHERS 68. Doctors wear blue in the operating room. 69. Maxwell Coffee comes in a blue can!!!! 70. Some stars are blue. 71. The Weather Channel's Logo is blue. 72. Skim Milk has a blue tint. 73. Greyhound Bus Drivers wear blue. 74. Iodine turns a saltine cracker blue. 75. There are now blue M&M's. 76. Wake up and smell the catfood. Blue cats exist. 77. The first TMBG IRC chat was held on the #bluedog channel. 78. Smurfs are blue. 79. Mr. Blobby is Pink. 80. The 10 Deutsch Mark bill is blue. 81. The Air Force wears blue uniforms. 82. People are pink only when they are living. You're blue for a long, long time. 83. The Jeopardy board is blue. 84. Some of the birds in "Birds Fly" could be bluebirds. 85. You can't mix paints to get blue. 86. The Pillsbury Dough Boy wears some blue. 87. The bad guys got sent to the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy. 88. S. O. S. Pads are blue. 89. Excedrin comes in a blue bottle. 90. Yassar Arafat's head wrap is blue and white. 91. Cub Scouts wear blue uniforms. 92. I'd get worried if I saw a pink moon. 93. The Pink folks will feel blue after reading this. 94. Those big pads that the pole vaulters land on are blue. 95. A Gas stove gives off a blue flame. 96. In some places, the sea is still blue. 97. After working on your car, if you wipe your hands on the pink hand towel, your wife will yell at you. 98. The World Landspeed record was once held by a car named THE BLUE FLAME. 99. SuperFuled Freaksickle has been delayed. 100. TMBG's first album has a picture of a Big Blue Dog on the front. 101. Blue Smarties make your mouth feel funny 102. Queen Elizabeth looks good in blue 103. The Swiss Miss girl has blue ribbons in her hair 104. The Tick is blue! (I didn't say they were good reasons) ------------------------------ From: colonr@rpi.edu (Cap'n Crunch) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 21:36:11 -0500 Subject: Re: KTCL, 93.3 Fort Collins, CO plays TMBG quite regularly 95.5 WBRU in Providence, RI plays TMBG fairly often. And less trendy stuff too. cap'n crunch colonr@rpi.edu Visit crunch.com, with 100+MB of QuickTime movies @ http://www.rpi.edu/~colonr/crunch.html "but i decided that anxiety and pain were better friends, so i let it go..." -- +Live+ ------------------------------ From: 924304@xavier.xu.edu Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 22:28:35 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: KILL BLOBBY I have no idea who Blobby is or do I want to know. Sometimes my sister "affectionately" calls my cat Blobby. It's *huge*. Ziggy ------------------------------ From: aimee elisabeth pflieger Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 21:44:34 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: KILL BLOBBY > >4 for "who the dickens is Mr. Blobby?", 2 for "The thmbg-list oracle told > >me about Mr. Blobby" and NO VOTES for "yes, I admit that I am familiar with > >Mr. Blobby". Where are all you Blobby-fanatics out there? > > I'm sure I voted as a know as opposed to a no, so if you've counted me as a > no recount that as a know, but don't forget to take the miscounted no off > the no count. > > Hopefully this won't have put anyone's knows out of joint. ;) > > With me? Know - I'm not either - think i'll go to bed.... > > Joe OK. Here we go AGAIN. That makes: 3 for "Blobby who?" 2 for "As tmbg as my witness, I'll never go stupid agian" 1 for "Oh shame, I know the real Mr. Blobby (sob sob)" - -absolutely aimee's mood :) ------------------------------ From: "The Princess Bridesmaid" Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 23:44:24 EST Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #17 > > Besides, the > > UPS delivery guys are cuter. > Hello!! I most heartily agree, Cathy dear! Thank you, Jen! > When I wear my shirt with the pointillism picture of Pearl (it looks > sort of like pointillism), everybody asks if that is a picture of me > or someone I know. By now, everyone at my school knows about it, so > I haven't had to explain it for a while. Pearl!!!! > Beware first-years! You > will succumb!! Maybe we should carry around a Walkman or a Discman, > then when people ask us we can let them listen to a TMBG song. That > way MAYBE they would have more fans. :) Of course we could always > just run around accosting people on public transportation in this > manner. ;) FUN!! > MARTA MARTA MARTA > Hugs and Kisses to All, > (but not from me) does that mean I'm supposed to go around hugging and kissing everybody? Whatever would Frank say? And my own personal plug to STOP THE MADNESS! please! the prodigal son had been beaten to death by his jealous brother already. Let him rest! Cathy ******************************************** "I am not the only dust my mother raised" They Might Be Giants Catherine Gurry catherine.gurry@Agnes.ScottLAN.edu ********************************************* ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 22:33:39 -0700 Subject: Re: Name That JH Girl! >>Does anybody know what happened in the NAME-THE-JH-GIRL contest? >>I'm still rooting for Phoebe, you know. > >CG- > >Apparently, you've brought it back. And since you have, I vote for Search >Henry, John Henry's great great great granddaughterperson. >-mk Chloe! The name looks terrible, but sounds great, just like the album. (Just kidding, but, y'know.) the name is keen, and was mentioned to me by al, thunks, I t seems sooooo appropriate! - -Rabid Child (Could someone tell me how the .sig looks?) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o)"No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child!!!"8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 22:33:45 -0700 Subject: Re: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #17 >Okay, I am new to the list. 1st, could we please find a way to keep people >from mailing stuff in twice. not me...anyone? Who the hell runs this anyway?!?!?!?!?!? >2nd. Some one is correct in stating that you will always lose Generations >when coping anything, unless it is digital. Heck even when you use BETA you >will lose generations. >AND unless you use a Time Base Corrector, you will lose most of the color >(especially in VHS) on the first copy and the rest suck. >But you have to remember, if you keep the original and use that to make every >suceeding copy, all those copies will actually only be 2nd generation. NOT >20th. >( I have a degree in Telecommunications and I work full time with Equipment.) that's me in part of that bitch session...and I did mean, ^, since if you make a dub and send it off to someone else, you're not about to send them the orig. are you? I don't have a degree in telecommunications, but it's really hard to escape using some equipment! (This comp-ter, f'rinstance 8o) >3rd. I haven't heard of Mr. Blooby That's Blobby, BLOBBY, Damnit!BLOBBYBLOBBYBLOBBYBLOBBYBLOBBYBLOBBYBLOBBY! >4th, if you didn't guess I love TMBG >5th, the Pink album, is really just THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS it says nothing >else on the album, we just refer to it as the Pink Album. I need a gun. >Thanks >Later >BYE thunk you, now - -Rabid Child 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o)"No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child!!!"8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 22:33:54 -0700 Subject: re: first album >On Tue, 3 Oct 1995, Adam P. Fistler wrote: >> Here's one that will get _some_ people. Whats the name of They Might Be >Giants first album. It'd be intresting to see how many people would give >you the RIGHT answer. > >uh, I think it's "They Might Be Giants," like it says on the disc, but I >could, in all possibility, be wrong (serious doubts). But I don't see (* >looking at album *) the words "pink album" OR "big blue dog" OR "eponymous" >anywhere on it. > >paul AHA! but you do see the color pink, a big blue dog(on the CD, on tape I think you see a big blue butt) and TRUTH OR SANDWICHES! - -Rabid Child 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o)"No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child!!!"8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) 8o) ------------------------------ From: aimee elisabeth pflieger Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 00:06:55 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: Name That JH Girl! I like Chloe. My roomate says Madaline is a nice name for her, my roomate isn't exactly a TMBG fan, so I don't think she counts. I'm cuckoo for Zoe, Chloe, anything with -oe on the end. - -aimee "We've all been blessed with God-given talents. Mine just happens to be beating people up." -Sugar Ray Leonard ------------------------------ From: Mark Sehler Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 17:14:09 +1000 (EST) Subject: Not just TMBG Hey everyone, just reading you're messages, there are a lot of TMBG fans who are fans of The Simpsons, Ren and Stimpy, Old Warner Bros cartoons, cult films, Mel brooks and other tacky films, get smart, etc. I would be happy, as well as TMBG to discuss any other cool fan desires that other people have. Just start writing. Talk to you soon. from Royale with cheese Fave Quote "You can't frighten us with your sorcerers ways lord vader, your devotion to that ancient religeon is ..eeehreeh (strangle noises while vader goes Keeeee hoooooo, Keeeeeee hooooooo) Fave Star Wars character, PORKINS ------------------------------ From: ntodd@moose.uvm.edu Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 14:55:36 -0400 (EDT) Subject: State Songs and Mono Puff Hey, would anyone make a copy of Linnell's state songs and flansburgh's mono puff for me if i were to send them a blank tape and money for postage (and a bit just for helping me out too)? If anyone would be willing to make a recording for me, please email me. Thanks a lot! Also, I have tried to go to the first two tmbg irc chats, but I haven't been able to find them! Where exactly on the irc are they held? I would love to go! Nathan Todd "Digital Cash can replace every use of pocket cash except flipping a coin." - -Kevin Kelly, from Out of Control ------------------------------ From: parreira@aquawolf.xs4all.nl (Daniel Rodrigues Parreira) Date: 05 Oct 1995 13:04:00 +0100 Subject: Edwyn In reaction to: Myke Weiskopf wrote: > Ah ha .. so Flans did the Edwyn video. That song is a huge smash > in the NY area... It went to number 1 in Belgium, and is in quite regular rotation on MTV Europe. ------------------------------ From: "jiffy boy is on, hurry up he needs a hammer, to knock his head around." Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 09:18:52 -0500 Subject: Re: State Songs and Mono Puff At 02:55 PM 10/4/95 -0400, you wrote: >Hey, >would anyone make a copy of Linnell's state songs and flansburgh's mono >puff for me if i were to send them a blank tape and money for postage sure, just get back in touch with me. paul ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:29:47 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: John Henry girl > > > > I don't understand way people think shes strange. Is it 'cause shes not > > smiling like a nice little girl should? > > No, it's not because she's not smiling. It's because she has this > haunted look in her eye, as if she's seen great tragedy or great > horrer in her young life. > > Does anybody know what happened in the NAME-THE-JH-GIRL contest? > I'm still rooting for Phoebe, you know. Ya know, I wasn't too sure about Phoebe until I this semester when I had Phoebe Sharkey for my Applications Programming class. Although a very nice person, she dresses in black all the time and has this funky hair which makes her look rather witch like hehehe So the John Henry girl may look haunty and evil she might really be very nice. Oh well, guess we'll never know. - --Matt - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:33:15 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Mr. Blobby I can safely say I have never heard of Mr. Blobby, who is he? - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:37:45 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Edwyn Collins > > Hey- > Does everyone know that John Flansburgh directed the video for Edwyn > Collins song "A girl like you"? I saw the video on 120 minutes a few > weeks ago and it had flans written all over it, including dancing > cartoons and close ups of afros. The album (Collins) by the way is > excellent and it is called Georgious (sp?) George. It is released by > none other than Bar/None Records. Was this the first non giants bar/none > video on MTV? That is excellent, I used to like that song a lot but I've heard it so many times I'm starting to get a little sick of it. Is the rest of the album like that song or does it differ a lot? I just noticed about a week or 2 ago that Collins was on Bar/None and thought that was rather cool. He does sound a lot like a mix between Iggy Pop and David Bowie. - --Matt - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Date: Thu, 05 Oct 1995 10:43:00 -0500 (CDT) Subject: more of that state bonding... All right, we've got some Indiana bonding goin' on, so now I've gotta know--Is there ANYBODY else from Nebraska on this list? Am I all alone here? Just curious. - --Tara "No, I do NOT sleep in a cornfield" Weber You know, if Linnell did a state song about nebraska, I really have to wonder what it'd be like (see, this post is TMBG-related after all!)... - -- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ End of They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #19 *****************************************