From: owner-tmbg-list To: tmbg-digest Subject: They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #22 Reply-To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Errors-To: owner-tmbg-list Precedence: bulk They Might Be Giants Digest Monday, 9 October 1995 Volume 01 : Number 022 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Matthew James Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 19:51:46 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Math People > im a physics major (at least i think...im only a freshman, what do i know?) but > im thinking of being a philosophy or anthopology minor...my boyfriend (who also > loves tmbg) is a comp sci major...my best friend who likes them is pre-med (but > i dont know if he truly understands them cause i caught him engaging in > pass-the-dude at the last show) > my other best friend who doesnt like them (im working on him) is a classics > major. > i'm not saying my friends are representative of the world in general, though > (although, come to think of it, most people ive ever known who liked them have > been math/physics geeks, but thats probably just cause i see those sort of > people more). > we could always start (yet another) vote. > ill tally it i suppose. Well, I'm a business major, my friend and his former girlfriend were music majors, and my other friend is a philosophy major as well as my other friend being a communications/photography/history major, so the tmbg listening audience is rather diverse! > > ive also noticed most of you people seem to be from the midwest (im from > florida, but im going to school in new hampshire and freezing to death). Another non-midwesterner here. I'm from Baltimore and while there are some tmbgers thre are not a huge amount that I know of. Of course during John Henry They did come here (and DC) like 7 or 8 times, it was great saw em every time! - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 19:56:22 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Mr. Blobby, AT LAST! > ============= My TMBG Saga =============================================== > I first heard TMBG on KTCL (Ft.Collins, CO), when Apollo 18 first came out. > They played about 5 songs in a row from Apollo 18 as I was > driving home from a late class at CU. > > "glass of milk, standing in between extinction in the > dark and explosive radiating growth" > > I HAD to get that CD. You are so right! That's the first album I had heard by them as well. It turns out my brother had borrowed Apollo 18 from a friend of his and left it on my CD player (since he didn't have one) So I pick it up and think to myself "this looks interesting". I put it in and was immediately enamored by them. I went out and bought it after I had met a few people who had Apollo 18 and Flood on tape, from there it is history! > They also played in Boulder, CO in November, 1995, but ... well, we > can't always see ALL the concerts that we want to, now can we? Blasphemy! Miss a TMBG concert?? Even if you get mugged, have a test, and your great-grandmother dies on the same day you still should be at that concert!! ;) - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 19:57:59 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: hi, my name is Aimee, and I am a tmbg-aholic > > Can I ask you guys something? I was just wondering if anyone was > inroduced to tmbg while driving in a funny little compact car on the way > to a sleep-over by a girl named Arshia, wondering what the deal was with > a song named "Spider"? > Just asking. . . > -absolutely aimee's mood > Ohhhhhh, a sleep-over, how cute!! hehehe ;) - --Matt - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 20:00:15 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Math People > > Funny--it seems that most of the math-and-science type people I know > are not TMBG fans. I'm an english and psych major, and my other > TMBG-listening friends are music, art history and anthro. My > boyfriend is a physics major, but after months and months of > conversion attempts, he JUST DOES NOT GET IT (*sigh*). Most of my > other more-mathematically-minded-than-I friends are just sort of > indifferent.... > > Of course, I think maybe that's because this is, after all, nebraska, > where nobody seems to have heard of Them. (i also think I use too > many commas.) And TMBG never comes anywhere near here on tour. I > have to listen to my east coast friends talk about the many shows > they've seen while I clutch my CDs, teary-eyed. Life can be so cruel. > > --Tara (Wry Bean Eternal) Well, all ya gotta do is pack yer bags and move on over here to the East Coast, Baltimore's pretty nice this time of year ;) hehe - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: KKBOWMAN@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU Date: Sat, 07 Oct 95 19:08:10 CDT Subject: [none] ========================================================================= Subject: blobby....the spud that evolved TOO much hi, all.... ok, in keeping with the current subjects on the list, i would like to add my inane 'blahblahblah' mutterings: i am from kansas kansas bites. noone here has even heard of tmbg...if they have, it's because i duct-taped them to the wall and made them listen to it as part of my sick and twisted plan to take over the world. i am a girl i *was* a math major. i feel the pain of all those in upper math courses ....discrete math.... .... advance linear algebra... ...number theory..... <_JUST LIKE_ getting a coupla pixie sticks rammed up your nose> and my current favorite this semester: ..numerical methods in linear algebra..... i got my B.A. in MATH a couple of years ago. upon realizing i could do *****NOTHING**** with my degree except prove that 1+1=2 (..."S'pose 1+1 does not equal 2..."), i entered the engineering field. tmbg are my gods.....i will overthrow the government if their music so instructs me oh....and i've slept with blobby. and he's NOTHING *******%%%####NOTHING###%%%****** like barney. (but i was thinking about barney the whole time) - -kit (not quite rabid, and old enough to drink) KKBOWMAN@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 20:11:19 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: Don't mean to complain! > > >- I have been on the mail-list for over a year (when it's been working) > >- and I always bring this up when it happens > > (I hate to be known as the bitchy one but...) :) > >This IS a THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS mailing list! > >I only have a few minutes a day to read this (and the Newsgroup). > >Please try to keep the subject to TMBG, EVEN REMOTELY. > >When people post without any regard to the relevancy of their posts, > >it irritates people (like me) who don't have alot of time to sift through > >the garbage and also people who pay for their Email and Internet access. I > >have brought this up before and I usually get Email from several people > >agreeing with me or thanking me for mentioning it. I also get 1 or 2 > >responses from "newbies" who feel that a TMBG list should be open for any > >topic and have no clue as to why this presents such a problem. > >So please be considerate and think before you post. Thanks. > > Okay, I haven't said it before and I'll say it again. > If you don't like it, get off. > I pay for my internet access, and I have very little time to waste on > mediocre things, but I personally love the power that this group has in > inspiring off-topic conversations, and, I'm pretty sure that I could tie > any conversation back to TMBG that I have seen on this group. i.e. How > about the T.V. video references that I was discussing a few days ago. Plus, there wouldn't be very many messages without these frivolous ones if you went strictly by fully-loaded in content TMBG posts ;) (not that I pay for my account, though, I just work for an internet provider and get 24 x 7 free access, course I'm on my free school account now ;) - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 20:18:34 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: hi, my name is Aimee, and I am a tmbg-aholic > > > On another note, I actually met Flansburgh after a concert in Seattle, > > I didn't get to talk to him much but It was very cool. Has anyone else > > had personal encounters with either of the Johns? > > > > -John Koch > > Visit my Web Page.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > http://www.cwu.edu/~kochj/home.html > > No, but I met Tony Maimone...not for very long either, but it was cool... My friend, Mike, met Brian Doherty and got his signature, he said he was a really cool guy! (anyone know who Brian played for before TMBG?) - -- - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: jiffy boy Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 19:21:57 -0500 Subject: pass the dude you have to forgive people who indulge in pass the dude. I've so far resisted at Giants concerts, but it's hard to stop once you get started. ------------------------------ From: Silverfish Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 17:27:56 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Off-topic postings I have no problems with all of the off-topic postings, especially since very little is going on with the band currently, so there really is nothing _on-topic_ to talk about other than rehashing old song interpretations for the 2.34^10283th time. By the way, does anyone have any live TMBG stuff they want to trade me for, uh, something...? Kerry +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ + kbiggs@gladstone.uoregon.edu / "The only thing to fear is fearlessness.." + +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+//-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- R.E.M. +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ + "Feels like a heartbreak, but it's nothing near that great" - J. Hatfield + +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ------------------------------ From: aimee elisabeth pflieger Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 20:03:44 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: hi, my name is Aimee, and I am a tmbg-aholic > > > > Can I ask you guys something? I was just wondering if anyone was > > inroduced to tmbg while driving in a funny little compact car on the way > > to a sleep-over by a girl named Arshia, wondering what the deal was with > > a song named "Spider"? > > Just asking. . . > > -absolutely aimee's mood > > > Ohhhhhh, a sleep-over, how cute!! hehehe ;) > --Matt i was a freshman in high school!!! give me a break! :) :) :) - -aims ------------------------------ From: Jason Weiner Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 00:05:38 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: hi, my name is Aimee, and.. On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, aimee elisabeth pflieger wrote: > > > i always thought ana ng was about a lonely guy who had decided that the perfect > > person for him is out there somewhere (probably on the other side of the > > world); he hasnt met her yet, but he keeps hoping he will and fantasizes that > > shes always just five minutes away. > > i dont think shes an actual person so much as an idea. > > but then what do i know? > > -sara- > > > not much. . . :) > In the video, the map shows Bulgaria (look close), but I don't know if that's where the '64 world's fair was. Jason "Hail Eris!" "All Hail Discordia!" ------------------------------ From: Jason Weiner Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 00:14:59 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: Blobby News On Sat, 7 Oct 1995 Idiotnot@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 95-10-07 04:10:12 EDT, you write: > > >Trust me. DO NOT DO THIS!!! I just did at about 1 in the morning, and it > >about frightened me out of my bunny slippers. It's on a page of random > >satellite images captured from around the world, and the actual link goes > >something like "British sensation Mr. Blobby floats in space and sings in > >a Robert Palmer video." I....I don't know if I can say this....oh, what > >the heck...I peeked!....and my life will never be the same. Blobby has > >been permanently scarred on my psyche and my retinas. Is there a support > >group for this sort of thing? > > This sensation is known in England is Blobby Syndrome. Similar to Barney > Syndrome. Symptoms include; sudden and uncontrolable vomiting, suicide > attempts, and urges to drink about a gallon of boiling tea in one gulp.... > > Have you expierenced any of these yet? > > Dr. Blue Dog > No, but I do have uncontrollable urges to hurt anyone who looks like a giant pink-with-green-spots (I THINK that's right) phallic symbol using something resembling a pastry. Jason "Rule of Fives" ------------------------------ From: Jason Weiner Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 00:25:33 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: Off-topic postings On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Silverfish wrote: > I have no problems with all of the off-topic postings, especially since > very little is going on with the band currently, so there really is > nothing _on-topic_ to talk about other than rehashing old song > interpretations for the 2.34^10283th time. > Oh, but it's FUN!!!! > By the way, does anyone have any live TMBG stuff they want to trade me > for, uh, something...? > Yeahyeahyeah! I got a live in New york CD that I would be willing to copy for you, as well as 2nd gen copies of TWO Dr. Spock's bootlegs (spank me). Jason "Hail Eris!" "All Hail Discordia!" ------------------------------ From: jiffy boy Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 04:12:17 -0500 Subject: Re: hi, my name is Aimee, and.. >In the video, the map shows Bulgaria (look close), but I don't know if >that's where the '64 world's fair was. > >Jason "Hail Eris!" > "All Hail Discordia!" > Jason, you so easily steal all of my hours and hours of hard research. were you even there when we did that? ------------------------------ From: jiffy boy Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 04:13:58 -0500 Subject: Re: Off-topic postings as well as 2nd gen copies of TWO Dr. Spock's bootlegs (spank me). > >Jason don't you mean at least second generation? ------------------------------ From: The Amazing Linnell Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 13:20:40 -0400 (EDT) Subject: linnell's state songs i am too looking for anybody that would be willing to copy linnell's state songs for me if i sent a blank tape and enough mony for postage and handling. i'm not too rich, so i would only be able to pay those costs. but i would really appreciate it:) btw, did anybody happen to go to that club and hear linnell perform his state songs in new york or has that not happened yet. :), christy ------------------------------ From: Jason Weiner Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 13:47:52 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: hi, my name is Aimee, and.. On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, jiffy boy wrote: > > >In the video, the map shows Bulgaria (look close), but I don't know if > >that's where the '64 world's fair was. > > > >Jason "Hail Eris!" > > "All Hail Discordia!" > > > > Jason, you so easily steal all of my hours and hours of hard research. were > you even there when we did that? > > Your point being? Jason ------------------------------ From: Stephen Dierdorf Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 17:26:07 -0500 (CDT) Subject: Ana Ng Interp >The singer of the tune is just pretending to >understand her, and spouts of a lot of garbage that he doesn't mean, >but he wants to believe that he is meant for her (he kinda really wants to >believe what he is saying). How about that everybody? I think it's much more obtuse than that. I always thought he was thinking about some woman that was meant for him, even though she may not exist ("if there was a me for you"). She's on the opposite side of the world (China- "make a hole with the gun perpendicular", "water spirals the wrong way out the sink"), and she's thinking the same way about him. It's sort of mysterious and sad: two people who never communicate, but who assume that the other one exists, even though it might not be true. The song also seems to talk a lot about balance: how Ana is on the exact opposite side of the world, and how things go backwards, to complement the "forwardness" of this side of the earth. Maybe I'm getting too silly. I really love this song; I think it's one of their best. Fun to sing, great lyrics, and meaningful. I'm starting to think that "Ana Ng" is better than "They'll Need A Crane", my other favorite. Any thoughts? Scott Dierdorf ------------------------------ From: Sara.B.Carmichael@Dartmouth.EDU (Sara B. Carmichael) Date: 08 Oct 95 18:44:03 EDT Subject: Re: Ana Ng Interp im totally with you. thats what i always envisioned too, but when i mentioned it a few days ago, i got shot down :) but i like theyll need a crane a little bit better. (although nothing beats whistling in the dark in my opinion (even if it doesnt make any sense, its a wonderfully goofy song, and the first tmbg song id ever heard)) - -sara- sara.b.carmichael@dartmouth.edu ------------------------------ From: Matt Powers Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 15:50:17 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: Ana Ng Interp Whenever I listen to Ana Ng I think, "This is what antipodes is." Marvin of 41 ------------------------------ From: brown-eyed pickle boy Date: Sun, 08 Oct 1995 17:55:18 -0500 Subject: Re: Ana Ng Interp At 05:26 PM 10/8/95 -0500, Stephen Dierdorf wrote: >side of the world (China- "make a hole with the gun perpendicular", "water >spirals the wrong way out the sink"), and she's thinking the same way about um, I think China isn't on the other side of the equator from the U.S. (I think -- I don't have a map in front of me). I believe the Johns were thinking about Vietnam when they wrote the song (At least, I think I saw that assertion in an interview or FAQ somewhere.) I don't know where that puts the "speaker", maybe in Bulgaria (Like Jason Weiner (and others) said). searching for truth and freedom Paul Leonard pleonard@mail.utexas.edu pleonard@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu UT can get its own opinions -- these are mine. - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Check out my HomePage! http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~pleonard ------------------------------ From: Loula Burton Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 20:17:09 -0500 (CDT) Subject: no-one knows my plan my friend joey brought this up and i was amazed: i know you'd rather not think about it anymore, but next time you listen to no-one knows my plan think about the guy with only two letters for a name. you know, football guy, the one who didn't do it . "prison cell...i was careless, i can see that now...i must be silent, must contain my secret smile, i want to tell you [the name of his book!?]..." i don't know, it just makes more sense than i'm comfortable with. yikes. loula - ----------====> i have seen the truth, and it makes no sense <====---------- ------------------------------ From: Loula Burton Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 20:17:09 -0500 (CDT) Subject: no-one knows my plan my friend joey brought this up and i was amazed: i know you'd rather not think about it anymore, but next time you listen to no-one knows my plan think about the guy with only two letters for a name. you know, football guy, the one who didn't do it . "prison cell...i was careless, i can see that now...i must be silent, must contain my secret smile, i want to tell you [the name of his book!?]..." i don't know, it just makes more sense than i'm comfortable with. yikes. loula - ----------====> i have seen the truth, and it makes no sense <====---------- ------------------------------ From: "DUSTIN T. MILLER" Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 21:20:13 -0500 (EST) Subject: '64 world's fair > In the video, the map shows Bulgaria (look close), but I don't know if > that's where the '64 world's fair was. the 1964 world's fair was held in new york. that event must have had a significant impact on the johns when they were tykes... the ana ng video (and don't let's start as well, i think) was filmed there, and they make numerous references to that event in their songs. Life, Love, and Linnell Dustin T. Miller Sophomore music education major/english minor Goshen College, Goshen IN dustytm@cedar.goshen.edu "You can't write a chord that's ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." -Frank Zappa "Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!" -John Cleese, "Fawlty Towers" ------------------------------ From: jiffy boy Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 21:26:28 -0500 Subject: Re: Ana Ng Interp At 06:44 PM 10/8/95 EDT, you wrote: >im totally with you. thats what i always envisioned too, but when i mentioned >it a few days ago, i got shot down :) >but i like theyll need a crane a little bit better. (although nothing beats >whistling in the dark in my opinion (even if it doesnt make any sense, its a >wonderfully goofy song, and the first tmbg song id ever heard)) interesting, my favorite TMBG song has always been Ana Ng, and it was their first one I ever heard too. anyone else??? ------------------------------ From: sara kathleen smith Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 21:36:36 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: Ana Ng Interp On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, jiffy boy wrote: > At 06:44 PM 10/8/95 EDT, you wrote: > >im totally with you. thats what i always envisioned too, but when i mentioned > >it a few days ago, i got shot down :) > >but i like theyll need a crane a little bit better. (although nothing beats > >whistling in the dark in my opinion (even if it doesnt make any sense, its a > >wonderfully goofy song, and the first tmbg song id ever heard)) > > > interesting, my favorite TMBG song has always been Ana Ng, and it was their > first one I ever heard too. anyone else??? > > The first song I heard was Istanbul, but Kiss Me Son of God has taken a special place in my heart. soph ------------------------------ From: THOMASVB@CEDAR.GOSHEN.EDU Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 22:48:08 -0500 (EST) Subject: RE: Off Topic Discussion I just got on last week and I am very happy with the way things are. If there was a moderator, the whole tmbg feel would be gone! What if the boys at the ol' record company said "Every song has to be relevant!" Then where would this list be!! If you want just tour dates, check out Spin or something. I like mailing lists because they are MORE than just fan clubs. The last thing we need is a moderator! Thomas "What's that blue thing doing here?" Bona thomasvb@goshen.edu ------------------------------ From: THOMASVB@CEDAR.GOSHEN.EDU Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 22:59:19 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: Off-topic postings NYC BOOTLEGS!!!!Are they from JH tour (Irving Plaza)? If so, I'd LOVE a dubbing! Couldya couldya couldya??? Thomas "I don't want the world, I only want your hat." Bona Unfortunately, I can't fix the mistake (I know it's "I just want your hat") Anyone know what movie that line is from? ------------------------------ From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Date: Sun, 08 Oct 1995 23:15:34 -0500 (CDT) Subject: star wars Speaking of Star Wars, you know what's really fun to do? Watch any of the s.w. movies with a bunch of friends and assign yourselves and people you know to all the major roles. Hey, assign people to *all* the roles (even the little mangy rat thing). It gets to be just hysterical. Try it; you'll never watch the s.w. trilogy the same way again. :) Tara (Wry Bean Eternal) - -- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ From: sara kathleen smith Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 23:19:19 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: star wars On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, Tara Lynne Weber wrote: > Speaking of Star Wars, you know what's really fun to do? Watch any of > the s.w. movies with a bunch of friends and assign yourselves and > people you know to all the major roles. Hey, assign people to *all* > the roles (even the little mangy rat thing). It gets to be just > hysterical. Try it; you'll never watch the s.w. trilogy the same way > again. :) > > Tara (Wry Bean Eternal) > > -- > > *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* > * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * > * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * > * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * > * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * > *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* > I agree, and it would work just as well on Monty Pythons Holy Grail. Now thats a classic. soph ------------------------------ From: jiffy boy Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 23:25:18 -0500 Subject: Re: star wars At 11:15 PM 10/8/95 -0500, you wrote: >Speaking of Star Wars, you know what's really fun to do? Watch any of >the s.w. movies with a bunch of friends and assign yourselves and >people you know to all the major roles. Hey, assign people to *all* >the roles (even the little mangy rat thing). It gets to be just >hysterical. Try it; you'll never watch the s.w. trilogy the same way >again. :) my high school orchestra had a movie night last year where we showed the princess bride, and my sister, several friends and I acted out the whole movie in the back. there were only four of us, so we all had multiple parts, but it was really fun. paul the destroyer ------------------------------ From: sara kathleen smith Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 23:50:36 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: star wars On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, jiffy boy wrote: > At 11:15 PM 10/8/95 -0500, you wrote: > >Speaking of Star Wars, you know what's really fun to do? Watch any of > >the s.w. movies with a bunch of friends and assign yourselves and > >people you know to all the major roles. Hey, assign people to *all* > >the roles (even the little mangy rat thing). It gets to be just > >hysterical. Try it; you'll never watch the s.w. trilogy the same way > >again. :) > > my high school orchestra had a movie night last year where we showed the > princess bride, and my sister, several friends and I acted out the whole > movie in the back. there were only four of us, so we all had multiple > parts, but it was really fun. > > > paul the destroyer > my friends and I can act out the whole movie too! What a coincidence! "Quand on veut un mouton, c'est la preuve qu'on existe." soph ------------------------------ From: Roger Suski Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 00:07:44 -0500 Subject: Re: Ana Ng Interp when i get my radio show...kiss me son of god is going to be the opening theme song :) "If I didn't have disappointments, I wouldn't have any appointments" Linnel-Flansburg Roger Suski o RSuski@siu.edu Southern Illinois Universtiy ------------------------------ From: Sara.B.Carmichael@Dartmouth.EDU (Sara B. Carmichael) Date: 09 Oct 95 01:20:15 EDT Subject: star wars - --- Forwarded Message from Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> --- >Date: Sun, 08 Oct 1995 23:15:34 -0500 (CDT) >From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> >Subject: star wars >In-reply-to: <199510072249.SAA03493@ussenterprise.ufp.org> from > <"owner-tmbg-list@ufp.org"@Oct.unl.edu> >To: tmbg-list@ufp.org >MIME-version: 1.0 >X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24] >Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII >Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: tmbg-list@ufp.org Speaking of Star Wars, you know what's really fun to do? Watch any of the s.w. movies with a bunch of friends and assign yourselves and people you know to all the major roles. Hey, assign people to *all* the roles (even the little mangy rat thing). It gets to be just hysterical. Try it; you'll never watch the s.w. trilogy the same way again. :) Tara (Wry Bean Eternal) - -- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* i did that once, cept it was a drinking game (you had to take a shot everytime your character appears)...i was r2d2 and my really alcoholic friend was the force :-)...thats also good for star trek incidentally, in which case my friend is the enterprise. but i do see what you mean about its being a whole new experience...by the time they almost dismantled him in Jedi, i could feel his pain (or at least i thought i did at the time :) - -sara- ------------------------------ From: Sara.B.Carmichael@Dartmouth.EDU (Sara B. Carmichael) Date: 09 Oct 95 01:25:21 EDT Subject: Re: star wars - --- Forwarded Message from sara kathleen smith --- >Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 23:19:19 -0500 (EST) >From: sara kathleen smith >X-Sender: sarsmith@othello >To: tmbg-list@ufp.org >cc: tmbg-list@ufp.org >Subject: Re: star wars >In-Reply-To: <9510090415.AA20692@bigred.unl.edu> >MIME-Version: 1.0 >Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ufp.org >Precedence: bulk >Reply-To: tmbg-list@ufp.org On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, Tara Lynne Weber wrote: > Speaking of Star Wars, you know what's really fun to do? Watch any of > the s.w. movies with a bunch of friends and assign yourselves and > people you know to all the major roles. Hey, assign people to *all* > the roles (even the little mangy rat thing). It gets to be just > hysterical. Try it; you'll never watch the s.w. trilogy the same way > again. :) > > Tara (Wry Bean Eternal) > > -- > > *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* > * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * > * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * > * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * > * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * > *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* > I agree, and it would work just as well on Monty Pythons Holy Grail. Now thats a classic. soph > that would be cool...i know all the lines to that movie...its great, cept my dork friend at davidson spirited it off to college with him :-(...id definitely have to be dennis. hes my favorite (supreme executive power must be derived from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony) - -sara- sara.b.carmichael@dartmouth.edu ------------------------------ From: aimee elisabeth pflieger Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 00:24:23 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: star wars > my high school orchestra had a movie night last year where we showed the > princess bride, and my sister, several friends and I acted out the whole > movie in the back. there were only four of us, so we all had multiple > parts, but it was really fun. > > > paul the destroyer > Well Paul the destroyer (is that self-proclaimed?), the princess bride jsut happens to be my favorite movie of all time (it kind of shares it's reign with "the blues brothers"). But we aren't talking about Jake and Elwood, we are talking about Buttercup and Wesley. Wow. What a great flick. "I myself am often suprised at life's little quirks" - -aimee ------------------------------ End of They Might Be Giants Digest V1 #22 *****************************************