Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-51 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 51 Sunday, 29 October 1995 Today's Topics: Mailing list's new home. Last call for survey responses.... XTC: A Testimonial Dinner IRC!! TONIGHT!! TMBG Web Space going official! Intern(s) wanted. Address? First, Second and Third Time Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Mailing list's new home. Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 14:32:43 -0400 (EDT) The mailing list has now moved it it's new (and hopefully perminant) home. During the move new digesting software was installed. This software will also generate World Wide Web indexes of back digests, I'll be setting that up on the web server real soon. Please let me know asap if the move caused any problems. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 21:32:19 GMT From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Subject: Last call for survey responses.... This is the last call for responses to the "Informal" TMBG list survey. Mail responses to me at: JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk If you have a) forgotten, b) lost them, or c) don't know them at all, mail me and I'll send them to you..... Resond now or forever holed your piece. But in the Greenwich Mean Time - take care, and vote for Astra (for she is the Spaced-out girl). Joe -- * JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk ************************************************** * "this record is for the freaks and the fuck ups. the lonely and awkward. * the last ones picked. never picked. the hopeless romantic dreamers. we * wouldn't fit in the box made for us. so much the better cuz it is a * coffin. don't be bullied. don't give up. stay free." -- Wynona Riders * Still coming soon: http://www.ftech.net/~joekeith/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 15:12:40 -0700 From: BlueDog Subject: XTC: A Testimonial Dinner Okay, I couldn't stand it. I bought it. It's great. The Johns are great (of course) on 25 o'clock. One of the best tribute albums that I've ever heard. I wholeheartedly recommend it. Shameless Plug: Check out my much-improved web page! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ --Big Blue Dog Forever----No Idiots Allowed Here-- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com "The most interesting thing about King Charles I was that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, and only 4'8" tall at the end of it"--Monty Python --My favorite color is clear--Leave me Alone-- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 15:27:40 -0700 From: BlueDog Subject: IRC!! TONIGHT!! We'll start at 2100 EDT...on channel #tmbg!!! Hope to see you there!!! --Big Blue Dog Forever----No Idiots Allowed Here-- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com "The most interesting thing about King Charles I was that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, and only 4'8" tall at the end of it"--Monty Python --My favorite color is clear--Leave me Alone-- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 16:24:42 -0700 From: obo@hopf.dnai.com (Bo Orloff) Subject: TMBG Web Space going official! Intern(s) wanted. Organization: Mr. Z's House of Discount Wub-Fur 'n' Stuff (A copy of this message has also been posted to the following newsgroups: alt.music.tmbg) Greetings all... After a year and a half as TMBG's unofficial home on the World Wide Web, Wub-Fur Internet Enterprise's TMBG WWW space is going official. We're planning lots of new pages (& improvements to existing ones) including online versions of the TMBG Info Club's newsletter & catalog, new Dial-A-Songs online, etc. We've also registered our own domain, so when we open the new official site the URL will simply be: (this URL will work right now, but there's nothing there yet except a cool picture of Colleen's Doc Martens with "TMBG" painted on them and a link to the unofficial site). Now all this expansion and improvement of the site is going to mean a lot of work for yours truly, so I'm looking for some help. If you live in the SF Bay area (within commuting distance of Berkeley), have skills useful in the creation of web sites and some spare time to devote to the project please drop me an email with a brief outline of your abilities/experience and your phone number. I'm especially interested in people with ADVANCED html and cgi writing abilities (design skills/artistic ability and access to a good color scanner would also be welcome). I can't afford to pay real money, but I can promise some free TMBG merchandise and a spot on the guest list the next time the Giants come to San Francisco. Also- one of the new pages I'm planning is a TMBG fan art gallery. If you've done some TMBG-inspired art that you'd like to see on the Web email a gif or jpeg of it (72 dpi & no more than 1 meg please) to me at: . -- Bo Orloff ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 20:14:11 -0700 (PDT) From: Marvin the Unreal Subject: Address? Hey, everybody and/or anybody: If I wanted to send mail to John and John, what is the address that I should send it to? BTW, I don't care how long it takes to get to them, so long as it eventually gets to them (though the speediest route definitely has favor.) Thanks for any info. Marvin of 41 ------------------------------ From: mitty@ns.secis.com Date: Sun, 29 Oct 1995 01:24:56 -0500 Subject: First, Second and Third Time Reading everyone's "first time" posts definitely makes me feel old (let's just say that I wasn't 11 when Lincoln came out). But here's mine. I was watching MTV and saw the Ana Ng video. My immediate thought was, "A penpal song!" Since the age of 13 (and that had been quite some time ago), I had been a rabid letter writer, and was currently on a quest to find penpals in the most obscure corners of the globe. "We still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence" sounds *exactly* like foreign-penpal-English. As I listened to the rest of the song, I found that I liked the tune as well. So, I rushed out and bought the CD... and hated it. I absolutely hated it. It was destined to be one of the many CDs that I bought because I liked a specific song, only to find out that there was some alien frog band playing on the rest of the disk. A few months later, I decided to give it a second chance. Maybe I was just in a foul mood that first day, because this time I loved it. Now several TMBG CDs grace the slots in my collection between The The and This Picture. I still don't like The The, but I'm going to give it another chance soon. I figure that just touching the Pink CD must have improved it. mitty ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-51 *****************************