Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-54 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 54 Wednesday, 1 November 1995 Today's Topics: Re: IRC!! TONIGHT!! They Might Be Giants on Dr. Demento's 25th Anniversary Show xero=dry Re : Snowball in Hell THE JH GIRL IS PERSEPHONE! Persephone thanks you Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 95 09:28:49 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: IRC!! TONIGHT!! Ack I can't use IRC because of my stoopid firewall. Does anyone know of an IRC client for Unix or Windows that can get around my proxy server? ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson x722 Date: Tue, 31 Oct 95 09:30:40 MST Subject: They Might Be Giants on Dr. Demento's 25th Anniversary Show Subject: Dr. Demento 25th Anniversary Show On: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 14:57:31 Liam Singer Wrote: I heard that TMBG were on Dr. Dementos 25 anniversary album... Anyone know bout this? Being certifiably demented, I can answer authoritatively: According to the playlist at: http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~jbmorris/FAQ/drd95.1008.html Dr. Demento played Particle Man in honor of They Might Be Giants being the 24th most requested artists on his show. I was one of the unfortunate individuals who didn't hear the show, as KBCO, Boulder, CO didn't get the show and hasn't aired it. The playlist follows my sig. ============================================================================= Russ Josephson RussJ@btc.adaptec.com "How come I can't see you in my mirror?" -- Tonio K "Glass of milk, standing inbetween extinction in the dark and explosive radiating growth." -- They Might Be Giants ============================================================================= The Dr. Demento Show #95-41 - October 8, 1995 Special Topic: 25th Anniversary Special Note: Due to distribution problems with this show, only about one third of the stations received it. (25th Anniversary Song) - Art Barnes Dr. D - The Utensils Dr. Demento theme song from KPPC - The Persuasions The Crusher - The Novas (excerpt, from 4/28/71 broadcast) The March Of The Cuckoos - The Roto Rooter Good Time Christmas Band The Curly Shuffle - Jump 'N The Saddle Hair Piece (extra verse) - George Carlin Mel Blanc interview (excerpt) I Taut I Taw A Puddy Tat - Mel Blanc (excerpt) Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper interview [1988] (excerpt) O-O-Ofrah - Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper (excerpt) Doodles Weaver interview (excerpt) Dance Of The Hours - Spike Jones (excerpt) John Cleese interview [1988] (excerpt) Pet Shop - Monty Python (excerpt) Brian Wilson interview [1992] (excerpt) Smart Girls - Brian Wilson (excerpt) Cheech & Chong interview (excerpt) Bette Midler interview (excerpt) Do Something - Helen Kane (excerpt) Fred Blassie interview (excerpt) Pencil Neck Geek - Fred Blassie (excerpt) Tom Waits interview (excerpt) Davy Jones, Peter Tork & Mickey Dolenz interview (excerpt) Stan Freberg interview (excerpt) The Demented News with Whimsical Will, 1st broadcast, 3/8/87 The Demented News with Whimsical Will, 25th Anniversary edition Captain Chaos & Jungle Judy at KMET, 1975 (montage, incl. The Blob - The Five Blobs & The Ballad of Walter Wart The Freaky Frog - The Thorndike Pickledish Choir) Captain Chaos interview Bill Manspeaker & Kim O'Donnell (of Green Jelly) interview Three Little Pigs - Green Jelly (excerpt) The 25 Most Requested Artists On The Dr. Demento Show #25 Mr. Jaws - Dickie Goodman (excerpt) #24 Particle Man - They Might Be Giants (excerpt) Benny Bell interview, 1981 (excerpt) #23 Shaving Cream - Benny Bell (vocal by Paul Wynn) (excerpt) #22 Noah: Right! - Bill Cosby (excerpt) #21 Existential Blues - Tom "T-Bone" Stankus (excerpt) #20 It's Time For Killin' Barney - The Capitol Steps #19 'Cause I'm A Blond - Julie Brown (excerpt) Jerry Samuels interview (excerpt) #18 They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa! - Napoleon XIV (excerpt) #17 Wet Dream - Kip Addotta (excerpt) #16 Ice Box Man - George Carlin (excerpt) #15 Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp) - Allan Sherman (excerpt) #14 Stardrek - Bobby Pickett & Peter Ferrara (excerpt) Whimsical Will interview #13 A Trip To Jurassic Park - Whimsical Will (excerpt) Bill Frenzer interview #12 Dead Puppies - The Ogden Edsl Wahalia Blues Ensemble Mondo Bizzario Band (excerpt) Art Barnes interview #11 Fish Heads - Barnes & Barnes (excerpt) #10 Heartbreak Hotel - Stan Freberg (excerpt) #9 Sister Mary Elephant - Cheech & Chong (excerpt) #8 The Smoke-Off - Shel Silverstein (excerpt) #7 Cocktails For Two - Spike Jones & His City Slickers (excerpt) #6 Spam - Monty Python (excerpt) Ray Stevens interview, 1987 (excerpt) #5 The Streak - Ray Stevens (excerpt) #4 Last Will And Temperament (with extended ending) - The Frantics The Frantics interview, 1986 (excerpt) Frank Zappa interview, 1988 (excerpt) #3 Bobby Brown - Frank Zappa (excerpt) Frank Zappa interview (excerpt) continued Tom Lehrer interview, 1991 (excerpt) #2 Be Prepared - Tom Lehrer (excerpt) Tom Lehrer interview (excerpt) continued #2 The Hunting Song - Tom Lehrer EXTRA: Another One Rides The Bus (as aired on 9/14/80) - "Weird Al" Yankovic "Weird Al" Yankovic interview #1 One More Minute - "Weird Al" Yankovic SuLu interview Hooray For Dr. D - SuLu Pico & Sepulveda - Felix Figueroa (excerpt) ------------------------------ From: Spivey Justin M Subject: xero=dry Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 12:12:06 -0500 (EST) to Alex: All apologies. I should have checked the lyrics sheet first before writing that. Justin Spivey --- Original message follows --- > Date: Mon, 30 Oct 95 19:15:47 EST > From: Alex Bove III > Organization: TEMPLE UNIVERSITY > Subject: Snowball in Hell > > Normally i wouldn't care about wrong lyric interps, but because it's one of my > favorie TMBG lyrics at stake, i thought i'd bring it up. In Snowball, he says > "My panacea's in a xerox shop," not "my fantasy." That's all for now. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 22:11:39 -0500 (EST) From: David Vogelgesang <924304@xavier.xu.edu> Subject: Re : Snowball in Hell It's supposed to be "My panacea's in a Xerox shop." Pronounced pan-a-see-a, it means a cure for all illnesses. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 23:05:19 -0700 From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: THE JH GIRL IS PERSEPHONE! Hey, the name that JH girl contest came to an end today, so stop sending me mail. The name came out to be Persephone, by a wider margin than the quebec separationist vote, and probably due in large part to all of that campaigning by the all too obsessed paulswan/rabidchild person 8o) any one want the whole tally sheet posted? thanks for your patience, votes and dedication. -Rabid Child Runners up below. (oh, yeah, #2 was Persephone jane, and #3 was Chloe) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ -No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! 8o) _Send flames to president@whithouse.gov_ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 00:34:55 -0600 From: Mike Smith Subject: Persephone thanks you you have all done a great service to all TMBGkind. thank you for supporting persephone, and helping her gain her true name. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-54 *****************************