Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-56 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 56 Sunday, 5 November 1995 Today's Topics: ages greetings again.. re: has anyone? **They survey (Fwd) Re: Greetings Greetings and Dinner S.O.S.!!!! KILL THE BASTARD!! Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-55 Re: greetings. greetings. that one song, that you know, rules. BOUNCE tmbg-list: Admin request (fwd) Age check... Re: greetings. Saturday Night IRC Chat Re: Greetings Age? Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-55 Re: greetings age... Snailmail the Johns Reasons to Be Blue Re: age... Ages... Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: ages Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 20:01:34 -0500 (EST) > just out of curiosity.. what is the age range of the people on this > list.. i'm 17.. what about you? I'll be 21 in 7 days! I can't believe I'm getting old ;) -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Nov 1995 18:16:23 EST From: BWTB61B@prodigy.com (MR JAMES A DRESKO) Subject: greetings again.. well, i hadn't in the begining thought i would get such a great response from my little age question, but as things may be, i think i'll just post my discoveries in another day or so.. how bout it? ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 14:18:06 -0500 (EST) From: Jennifer Carpenter Subject: re: has anyone? >>>Has anyone heard TMBG's new cover of XTC? >>>Does anyone know if they will be playing in the New York area? [Every person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of. . .] SPIDER MUST! STOP! siNceRiLy, CaRpeNter ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 15:22:21 GMT From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Subject: **They survey (Fwd) At the request of Carl, I'm forwarding this message to the list. I've taken the liberty of removing the survey response. If anyone would like to see Carl's response, I'll post the _full_ message. :) Please send any replies to this message to Carl. I _will_ however, forward any strays... Joe --- Begin Forward --- >Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 16:13:27 -0500 (EST) >From: "Carl L. Parrish Jr." >To: JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk >Subject: **They survey >Message-Id: > >Please forward to group. > >Okay this is my first time replying to the list, but I had to get in on >the survey. [survey response snipped] >As long as I'm speaking out. What's wrong with kids these days. The >other day I get on the bus and some kids were talking about the coolest >bands. Well I couldn't let them go on without saying anything about >THEM. They just looked at me like I was crazy and one boy says " Hey man >I'm only 16, you gotta talk about a band playing _now_) > >Oh well that's my two cents. > >Knighthawk@ | / | | Since I've learned how to swim| >anon.penet.fi | __ __ | I'm not so worried about | > | // | \\ | burning bridges | >_____________________________/ \____________________________________ ---- End Forward ---- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 14:30:25 -0600 (CST) From: Brad Tutterow Subject: Re: Greetings I'm 19 my roommate doesn't like the XTC song either. So every Friday, I kick him in the knee. It seems to work okay. ____________________ -BRAd ------------------------------ From: Stephen Dierdorf Subject: Greetings and Dinner Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 11:29:29 -0600 (CST) Hello all. 1) I'm 22. My brother (20), sister (15), and dad (48) all like TMBG. 2) What's the story with _Testamonial Dinner_ (the XTC album)? I went to two record stores and neither of them had it. One store hadn't even heard of it. Is it out in wide release, or what? Thanks! Scott ------------------------------ From: Adresko@aol.com Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 22:19:56 -0500 Subject: S.O.S.!!!! KILL THE BASTARD!! i just talked to a little !$#^ that had a little comment to say about Them.. his words. "They SSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK".. i don't think some of us will stand for that.. so his address is ilovepez3@aol.com.. bash him with hate mail.. give him a warm tmbg welcome guys!!!! the spider... ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Nov 95 07:59:52 EST From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-55 i'm 21. peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 08:30:46 -0500 From: Dale Caldwell Subject: Re: greetings. I'm 210 years old. oops I was measuring in dog years. I'm 30. dale > ================================================================== badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges! dale@gardeners.com ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: greetings. Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 11:17:08 -0500 (EST) > just out of curiosity.. what is the age range of the people on this > list.. i'm 17.. what about you? I'll be 21 in 7 days! I can't believe I'm getting old ;) -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 23:05:36 -0600 From: Mike Smith Subject: that one song, that you know, rules. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that being said, i can move on to the content of this message. Does anyone else really like we want a rock? In the past few months i've gotten to where i like it more and more. I can't really figure out why, but it's one of my favorite TMBG songs. paul, desperately waiting for mail from the list. ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: BOUNCE tmbg-list: Admin request (fwd) Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 10:32:57 -0500 (EST) The list does some strange things to a few messages. *sigh* > Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 20:38:57 -0600 > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) > Subject: TMBG Interpretation Archive > > I've just finished setting up the beta version of the TMBG Interpretation > Archive at Leo Bicknell's site. I'm hoping to collect a definitive set of > analyses of TMBG songs. So far, all I have are those given in the FAQ, the > Early Years Handbook, and the old FTP site. I plan to add some of my own, > but it would greatly help to have some input. If you have interpretations > of songs on file, please send them to me (not the list). If you want to see > the archive in progress, point your browser to: > > http://www.tmbg.org/interp/ > > Thanks! Let's get those analytical minds working! > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | "Everything abounds." --Kibo > > -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- > Version: 3.1 > GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a17 C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K++ > W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ > e*>++++ r y- > ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ > > > -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 21:56:04 -0800 (PST) From: hsifrevliS Subject: Age check... Well, I just turned 20. And I'm not getting any younger waiting on my fan club mailing thingy... argh... any day now... Kerry +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ + kbiggs@gladstone.uoregon.edu / "The only thing to fear is fearlessness.." + +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+//-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- R.E.M. +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ + "Feels like a heartbreak, but it's nothing near that great" - J. Hatfield + +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) Subject: Re: greetings. Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 22:06:30 -0800 (PST) > > At 10:25 PM 11/1/95 -0500, you wrote: > > >just out of curiosity.. what is the age range of the people on this > > >list.. i'm 17.. what about you? 16 or so...(17 in Feb.) (JD) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 12:15:14 -0800 From: BlueDog Subject: Saturday Night IRC Chat 2100 EST. Channel #tmbg. Hope to see you there!--BlueDawg --Big Blue Dog Forever----No Idiots Allowed Here-- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com "The most interesting thing about King Charles I was that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, and only 4'8" tall at the end of it"--Monty Python --My favorite color is clear--Leave me Alone-- ------------------------------ Date: 04 Nov 95 13:16:33 EST From: Sara.B.Carmichael@Dartmouth.EDU (Sara B. Carmichael) Subject: Re: Greetings im 18, 19 in 2 months...and its snowing here!!! (yay!) im from florida. im impressed by these things :) -sara- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 10:17:38 -0800 (PST) From: Marvin the Unreal Subject: Age? Well, I really wish that I was 32 so that I could relate this message back to They Might Be Giants. And if I was just about 19, then I could say that I was the same age as the average number of tracks on a TMBG album (I counted Fingertips as one song for this calculation.) But I'm not either of those ages. I'm 20. And a half. "'[Twenty] years and six months!' Humpty Dumpty repeated thoughtfully. 'An uncomfortable sort of age. Now if you'd asked my advice, I'd have said "Leave off at [twenty]"-but it's too late now'" -Through the Looking-Glass [edited for the purposes of humor] Marvin of 41 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 10:41:26 -0600 (CST) From: Charles Thomas Mathewes Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-55 I'm 26. ------------------------------ From: LadyTink@aol.com Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 12:09:44 -0500 Subject: Re: greetings I am 27, but I have only had 6 birthdays.... ------------------------------ From: "LiaR" Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 18:17:11 +0000 Subject: age... I'm 16, 17 on the 27th. later, *------------------------------ o()()()()o ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ______(liar@mail.gil.net)_____ *------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 16:25:24 -0800 (PST) From: Marvin the Unreal Subject: Snailmail the Johns Does anyone know whether or not mail that is mailed to the TMBG fan club, via snailmail, if the Johns will receive it. Marvin of 41 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 18:05:29 -0800 From: BlueDog Subject: Reasons to Be Blue Reasons to be Blue VERSION 2.0 Additional copies of this list can be obtained via e-mail from me at idiotnot@ix.netcom.com. This Document can be viewed in Hypertext at http://users.aol.com/bluedog. You can only see it in it's full glory if you have Netscape. REASONS TO BE BLUE by Sean Bergeron or BlueDawg, Joel Martin-Kuester or SKAZOOKA!, Aimee Pflieger, Sara Kathleen Smith, and whoever else e-mails me some reasons 1. The Blue Meanie from the Beatles' movie, The Yellow Submarine wouldn't be as cool if it was a Pink Meanie 2. Cookie Monster is blue 3. Grover is blue 4. Gonzo is blue 5. Superman has blue hair 6. "The Pink Danube" sounds very wrong 7. There are a lot more blue lines on a piece of paper than the one pink line 8. The Microsoft DOS Editor is blue 9. To Confuse the Electric Monk 10. The R. C. Cola Can is blue 11. Nobody beats you up if you wear a blue suit. 12. Word Perfect 4.2, the best-selling word processor ever, is blue by default. 13. The Sky is Blue 14. Lowenbrau Beer bottles have a blue label 15. A Sailor would look really stupid in pink bell-bottoms. 16. No women flag you down to buy cosmetics when you drive a blue car. 17. OS/2 Warp Full Pack comes in a blue box. 18. Marge Simpson's Hair is blue 19. A pink sno-cone tastes like cough syrup. 20. There's a Blue Room in the White House. 21. Sonic the Hedgehog is blue 22. The Johns aren't touring right now! 23. English Teachers will allow you to write an essay in blue ink. 24. Rush Limbaugh's Book, See, I Told You So, has a blue cover. 25. Elvis probably wouldn't have the fan base he has today if he'd sung about pink suede shoes. 26. Blockbuster Music, where I buy my TMBG CDs, has a blue sign. 27. Domino's Pizza 28. It wasn't too long ago when you could only buy Levi's in blue. 29. Netscape has a blue Icon. 30. The US. Postal service is blue. 31. Those cute MetLife commercials with the Peanuts, end in a blue screen. 32. The first-class seats on a Delta L-1011, are blue. 33. AOL Disks aren't blue. 34. Royalty have blue blood. 35. Blue Bonnet Spread tastes good on many things. 36. BLUE Canary in the outlet by the light switch. 37. Cops wear blue. 38. A construction worker wouldn't get many jobs with pinkprints. 39. The Windows 95 box is blue. 40. Toilet Water can be easily made blue. 42. The cover to the paperback version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is blue. (notice the number) 43. One of the Astronauts in the Vomit Comet on the Apollo 18 Jacket is wearing a blue Suit. 44 .That Freaky-looking girl on the John Henry cover (Persephone) has on a blue skirt. 45. One of the Olympic Rings is blue. 46. The June 1, 1995 issue of Rolling Stone has a review of TMBG's performance at The Academy on April 1. The Picture to go along with the article has Flans wearing a Blue striped shirt. 47. Blue Scope makes your mouth fresh. 48. Blue eyes are pretty, whereas pink-eye looks painful and gross. 49. The Lettering on the Absolut Vodka bottle is blue. 50. Beavis' shirt is blue. 51. Pat's (SNL) shirt is blue. 52. Ex-Lax comes in a blue box. 53. Blueberry muffins taste great. 54. The CompuServe Icon is blue. 55. The Whale on the Apollo 18 cover is blue. 56. The Tums bottle is blue. 57. The U. S. Flag has no pink. 58. Crest Cool Mint Gel is blue, and it fights cavities, too! 59. The U. S. News and World Report Cover is blue. 60. If there were no blue, there would be no purple. If there were no purple, there would be no purple toupee. 61. Donald Duck wears blue. 62. Yankees wearing blue socks and sandals make good roadkill targets. 63. Big Blue Bought Lotus. OS/2 apps for all! 64. 13 of the 30 NFL teams wear blue. 65. Hypertext links are blue. 66. Interstate Designation signs are blue. 67. the BLUES BROTHERS 68. Doctors wear blue in the operating room. 69. Maxwell House Coffee comes in a blue can!!!! 70. Some stars are blue. 71. The Weather Channel's Logo is blue. 72. Skim Milk has a blue tint. 73. Greyhound Bus Drivers wear blue. 74. Iodine turns a saltine cracker blue. 75. There are now blue M&M's. 76. Wake up and smell the catfood. Blue cats exist. 77. The first TMBG IRC chat was held on the #bluedog channel. 78. Smurfs are blue. 79. Mr. Blobby is Pink. 80. The 10 Deutsch Mark bill is blue. 81. The Air Force wears blue uniforms. 82. People are pink only when they are living. You're blue for a long, long time. 83. The Jeopardy board is blue. 84. Some of the birds in "Birds Fly" could be bluebirds. 85. You can't mix paints to get blue. 86. The Pillsbury Dough Boy wears some blue. 87. The bad guys got sent to the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy. 88. S. O. S. Pads are blue. 89. Excedrin comes in a blue bottle. 90. Yassar Arafat's head wrap is blue and white. 91. Cub Scouts wear blue uniforms. 92. I'd get worried if I saw a pink moon. 93. The Pink folks will feel blue after reading this. 94. Those big pads that the pole vaulters land on are blue. 95. A Gas stove gives off a blue flame. 96. In some places, the sea is still blue. 97. After working on your car, if you wipe your hands on the pink hand towel, your wife will yell at you. 98. The World Landspeed record was once held by a car named THE BLUE FLAME. 99. SuperFuled Freaksickle has been delayed. 100. TMBG's first album has a picture of a Big Blue Dog on the front. 101. Blue Smarties make your mouth feel funny 102. Queen Elizabeth looks good in blue 103. The Swiss Miss girl has blue ribbons in her hair 104. The Tick is blue! 105. Spider man is half blue 106. The cover of Waiting For Godot is blue. 107. The Truth or Sandwiches sign on the Big Blue Dog Album is blue. 108. Flansburgh's pants on the cover of the Big Blue Dog album are blue. 109. Babe, the big Blue Ox. 110. Glaciers are blue. 111. The Presidential seal is blue. 112. My Old Commodore 64 Manual is blue. 113. The World Champion Atlanta Braves wear Blue! 114. The Johns played on TBS's House of Blues. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 20:10:35 -0600 (CST) From: Jennifer Elaine Klauke Subject: Re: age... Ok. Really. I'm 18. And I just wanted to tell you all about my day. I was at an art museum in Houston with some people, and we were walking around looking at all the lovely paintings. They really were lovely. Anyway, we turned into this little room thing that was full of stuff by some guy, I'm not all that sure who, when my attention was drawn to a painting on a wall by itself. It was a crowd scene, pointilism-ish. Very colorful. Fabulous. So I read the label, to see who the artist was, and zowee! It was James Ensor. I started hopping around and kind-of-squeaking to avoid laughing. But there it was. That's it. Oh, and I finally got to play an accordian (for the first time in my whole life.) That is all. ############################################################################## "Only a fool is not afraid." - A Wrinkle in Time Jenny Klauke - SwankGirl - jek4911@tam2000.tamu.edu ############################################################################## ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 00:18:33 -0600 (CST) From: Richard Wiedlin Subject: Ages... I'm 47. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-56 *****************************