Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 57 Monday, 6 November 1995 Today's Topics: Age Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-56 Re: S.O.S.!!!! KILL THE BASTARD!! Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-56 info club age Re: Snailmail the Johns Undeliverable Mail tmbg mailing list response Responce who-hoo! Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 9:12:51 -0500 (EST) From: David Vogelgesang <924304@xavier.xu.edu> Subject: Age Ok. I'm 18, 19 in Feb, and am still waiting to hear from that info club of theirs. I've written to them twice with no avail. I also wrote to that Hello club for info and still haven't got anything. Oh well. Am I doing something wr wrong? It's free now, isn't it? Do I need a SASE? Watch me be sitting in my nursing home when I'm like 93 and get mail from them. In a way, that would be cool. Ziggy === I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes === me right up. ------------------------------ From: Destin.Berthelot@Rollins.Edu Date: Sun, 05 Nov 1995 11:03:08 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-56 Organization: Rollins College As for this age thing, I'm 18.... and right now very happy 'cause I only yesterday bought for $1 3 mini TMBG promo poster things... one Apollo and two JH 'cause the pictures on both sides were too cool to cover up... But even better, a move-poster size horizontal Apollo 18 tour poster with German tour dates and a huge "They MIGHT BE Giants" and whale/squid. Now my dorm room is complete! :) One of the better $6 I've spent... Destin ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 11:14:36 -0800 (PST) From: "Jacob T. Eidsmoe" Subject: Re: S.O.S.!!!! KILL THE BASTARD!! I don't really think stooping to his level of immaturity would do me or anyone else any good....ya know? so, he thinks TMBG sucks...I don't want to bash him with hate mail as a result.... -Jacob On Fri, 3 Nov 1995 Adresko@aol.com wrote: > i just talked to a little !$#^ that had a little comment to say about Them.. > his words. "They SSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK".. i don't > think some of us will stand for that.. so his address is ilovepez3@aol.com.. > bash him with hate mail.. give him a warm tmbg welcome guys!!!! > > the spider... > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 Nov 1995 14:00:58 -0500 (CDT) From: "I'm a Pez, He's a Pez, wouldn't you like to be a Pez too?" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-56 I'll be 21 TOMORROW. So everyone who has been telling me happy birthday early I have gotten in the habit of responding "It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday so why should you launch out at me . . ." It's amazing how many people on this list have birthdays in November. . . Coincidence - I think not. Pez ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 13:29:29 +1300 From: "SAM PEARSON." Subject: info club From: VIRTUE::SJP6 "SAM PEARSON." 6-NOV-1995 13:27:25.96 To: SJP6 CC: Subj: info club >Ok. I'm 18, 19 in Feb, and am still waiting to hear from that info club of >theirs. I've written to them twice with no avail. I also wrote to that Hello >club for info and still haven't got anything. Oh well. Am I doing something wr >wrong? It's free now, isn't it? Do I need a SASE? Watch me be sitting in my >nursing home when I'm like 93 and get mail from them. In a way, that would be >cool. Well, for the record I'm 19. I wrote to the info club thing in January '95 and I got a newsletter in April. I got another one around the end of October. I didn't send in anything apart from my address, no $$, no SASE or anything. And I am way over here in New Zealand. Oh well good luck on getting your newsletter before you're 93, when you will probably be blind, and could not read it anyway. ------------------------------ From: mitty@ns.secis.com Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 18:41:40 -0600 Subject: age I'm 36. Years ago, I thought that was a very ancient and decrepit age. Not So! Well, maybe it is and my ancient and decrepit brain only leads me to believe that it's not so. Anyway, I have very few friends who like the kind of music that I do. mitty ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 19:54:43 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: Snailmail the Johns On Sat, 4 Nov 1995, Marvin the Unreal wrote: > Does anyone know whether or not mail that is mailed to the TMBG fan club, > via snailmail, if the Johns will receive it. > > > Marvin of 41 > > I've written Them many times, and the only responce I've ever received was Their newsletter. I think They read the letters, but because They get a lot of them, They don't respond. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 Nov 95 20:20:28 EST From: Subject: Undeliverable Mail ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- This delivery error is in a special format that allows software like LISTSERV to automatically take action on incorrect addresses; you can safely ignore the numeric codes. Note: delivery error converted to LMail format at MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU. --> Error description: Error-For: TMBG-List@TMBG.ORB Error-Code: 1 Error-Text: 550 Host 'TMBG.ORB' Unknown Error-End: One error reported ----------------- Original delivery error (before conversion) ----------------- MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s): 550 Host 'TMBG.ORB' Unknown ** Text of Mail follows ** Received: from MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU by MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU (IBM VM SMTP V2R2) with BSMTP id 1591; Sun, 05 Nov 95 20:20:28 EST Received: from miamiu.muohio.edu (NJE origin RICHMOJC@MIAMIU) by MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU (LMail V1.2a/1.8a) with BSMTP id 1185; Sun, 5 Nov 1995 20:20:28 -0500 Date: Sun, 05 Nov 95 20:12:59 EST From: Justin Richmond To: TMBG-List@tmbg.orb To all my little friends in cyberspace, Since everyone else is saying their age, I'll say mine too. I am one thousand years old. One thousand years old! Sure think thats old, but what do you know? Actually I am 18, going on nineteen in a month. I go to a preppy ass school where everyone listens to Hootie and don't realize true musical talent such as They. I have yet to find someone who likes Them here, which is hard being as big of a fan as I am. That's why I have all of you. As long as my ten messages are in my mailbox from this board, I feel my day is complete. Thank you for your support and keep up the enlightening messages. I love you all. Justin ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 16:38:23 +1200 From: sjp6@waikato.ac.nz (Sam Pearson) Subject: tmbg mailing list Since summer is coming up and my email account deletion date getting closer, I tried to get off this tmbg mailing list but it keeps sucking me back in. Aargghh Can anyone tell me how we get off this list? I have sent mail to "Majordomo@ufp.org" and the message always comes back saying *user unknown*. Who are we meant to send to, as this is who the mailing list info said. Help Sam ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 23:15:52 -0600 From: hawallac@students.wisc.edu (Hilary Wallace) Subject: response Hello, everyone! I'd like to make my first response ever to this list! (I need some support, here, people...) Being inspired by all you age-givers, I'd like to join the 18 year-olds who will be turning 19 this month. I think we November birthday folk should get together for a great big They celebration. Maybe we should all play the same CD at the same time on some day or something. What a party! Anyway, I'd like to support that soul who was beaming about Rock to Wind a String Around. I think it's a great example of They's ingenuity. But of course, as my rommate can attest to, I believe all of their songs are extraordinary. They're just great, and any nay-sayers we know don't deserve our negative energies being channelled in their direction. They just don't know what they're missing out on. HA! Have a nice day! Hilary (I don't have a nifty signature like the rest of you because I can't seem to come up with any small-ish quote or lyric that signifies me...I'll work on this, though...) ------------------------------ From: KShumwayUT@aol.com Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 01:03:07 -0500 Subject: Responce I have to join all of those who are older then the teenagers yet younger than the alduts. Yes, Yes, I just a only 20 years old. I think that tmbg should do another tour. Did anyone else see thier last one? Or does anyone have the single to "The sun is a mass of incubesic gas" and how do I find it? ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: who-hoo! Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 02:18:50 -0500 (EST) > > I'll be 21 TOMORROW. So everyone who has been telling me happy birthday early > I have gotten in the habit of responding > > "It's not my birthday, > it's not today. > It's not my birthday so why should you launch out at me . . ." Nice greeting!! > > It's amazing how many people on this list have birthdays in November. . . > Coincidence - I think not. Ye-hgaw!! November b-days rock! My b-day is coming in 4 days!! (21 as well) -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-57 *****************************