Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-58 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 58 Tuesday, 7 November 1995 Today's Topics: Re: tmbg mailing list Re: age... name, rank, and serial number Birthday coincidences? Why Does The Sun Shine ALL MAIL @tmbg.org! Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 BOUNCE tmbg-list: Admin request Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 hallo new friends. topic: sightings and meetings. Interp Archive, Newsgroup, Unrestrained Joy bumper sticker??? They Might Have Ben or Been Giants What time is it? 25 O'Clock. Re: bumper sticker??? age Re: Birthday coincidences? Re: bumper sticker??? age Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: tmbg mailing list Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 09:36:06 -0500 (EST) > Can anyone tell me how we get off this list? > I have sent mail to "Majordomo@ufp.org" and the message always comes back saying > *user unknown*. Who are we meant to send to, as this is who the mailing list > info said. It appears there was a typeo in my first mailing list information sheet. All mailing list communications should be @tmbg.org. For a while @tmbg.org and @ufp.org were the same place, but not anymore. If anyone sees the same misprint anywhere else, please tell me. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 95 10:16:54 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: age... Did I mention that I was 18 going on 17 in october? ------------------------------ From: Spivey Justin M Subject: name, rank, and serial number Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 10:55:52 -0500 (EST) I am 21 years old, and the number of people responding to this whose ages have a 1 in the tens place makes me feel older (no offense intended). I've liked Them ever since I first heard _Flood_ at the tender young age of 16. (Ahh, those youthful days...) Justin Spivey The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:03:48 -0500 Subject: Birthday coincidences? I've found three birthdates which seem to correspond to TMBG enjoyment... May 10th, September 26th, and January 16th. Anyone care to further my philosophy of a birthday-TMBG connection? Other possible dates I am looking at: February 9th, March 9th, and September 3rd. As per the age discussion: I'll be celebrating my twenty-and-a-half-ith birthday this coming Friday. I won't be singing, though, since "It's not my half birthday..." just doesn't have the right sound to it. Brooks... who just broke her eight month lurking stint. How frightening. ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson x722 Date: Mon, 6 Nov 95 09:29:21 MST Subject: Why Does The Sun Shine Subject: Why Does The Sun Shine Reply-To: KShumwayUT@aol.com Status: R I have to join all of those who are older then the teenagers yet younger than the alduts. Yes, Yes, I just a only 20 years old. I think that tmbg should do another tour. Did anyone else see thier last one? Or does anyone have the single to "The sun is a mass of incubesic gas" and how do I find it? ANSWER: You can find this live single on the internet in glorious monophonic digital lo-fidelity sound at Dial-A-Song Online: http://www.dnai.com:80/~obo/tmbg/Dial-A-Song_Online.html ============================================================================= Russ Josephson RussJ@btc.adaptec.com "How come I can't see you in my mirror?" -- Tonio K "Glass of milk, standing inbetween extinction in the dark and explosive radiating growth." -- They Might Be Giants ============================================================================= ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: ALL MAIL @tmbg.org! Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 12:17:24 -0500 (EST) I discovered where I forgot to change one of the hostnames. Also, many people have old mail with a @ufp.org address. So, for the record: All TMBG list mail, subscription requests, et all should be done @tmbg.org. Mailing @ufp.org WILL NOT work anymore, your mail will simply be bounced back to you. Please make a note of this. Sorry about any confusion. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 12:42:17 -0600 (CST) From: ace1@VAX1.MANKATO.MSUS.EDU (Mikey Bob) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 >does anyone have the single to "The sun is a mass of incubesic gas" and >how do I find it? Actually, its called "Why Does the Sun Shine (The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas)". I just got it in off a special order about 3 days ago. It has 4 songs on it, 3 of them are excellent covers of various songs, and the last one is an early version of Spy. I think it would be rather hard to find it stocked in a store, but many chain music stores special order for no extra charge. Its really worth checking out, although I hear the live version of WDTSS is much better. --- Semper ubi sub ubi! "The nice thing about being a pessimist is that you are either constantly being proven right or pleasantly suprised." "No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful. Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful." "I live on the carnival ride most people call danger! I not only laugh, but scoff in the face of death. But when I scoff in the face of my parents, that's when I get scared...." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:44:15 -0500 (EST) From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: BOUNCE tmbg-list: Admin request >From tmbg-list-owner Mon Nov 6 16:44:11 1995 Received: from locke.ccil.org (lebo@[205.164.136.88]) by mail.tmbg.org (8.7.1/8.7.ufp) with SMTP id QAA03607 for ; Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:44:09 -0500 (EST) Received: (lebo@localhost) by locke.ccil.org (8.6.9/8.6.10) id QAA03653; Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:48:37 -0500 Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:48:35 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 To: Mikey Bob cc: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org In-Reply-To: <01HXBNF6F8HU003042@VAX1.MANKATO.MSUS.EDU> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Actually, WDTSS was available in record stores early last year. But now its late this year, so I suppose my information doesn't help too much. However, if you ask nicely, most places will order it for you. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:48:35 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 Actually, WDTSS was available in record stores early last year. But now its late this year, so I suppose my information doesn't help too much. However, if you ask nicely, most places will order it for you. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 95 17:05:57 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-57 > Actually, WDTSS was available in record stores early last year. But now > its late this year, so I suppose my information doesn't help too much. > However, if you ask nicely, most places will order it for you. > Well around here atleast, it can be found just about anywhere. (And some rare stuff [singles and stuff you'd never expect to find] can be found at a store called the Sound Garden down in Fell's Point in Maryland). I know that didn't help, but hey its a message. And are there any pc or amiga demo freaks on this list? If so, my address is apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com Adam or Prince Thrakhath / Black Cross ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:08:03 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: hallo new friends. topic: sightings and meetings. i'm daniel (just using my dad's account). well i'm a young'in compared to all of you i'm just 16 and will be 17 in december. i've been a fan for about 4 years now and been to about 7 concerts. my friend and I were on our way to D.C. to a TMBG concert and on the way John and John drove by us. they saw the bumper stickers on my friends car and they waved to us (a truly enlightening experience). after the most incredible concert in the world my friend and i went to the side entrance where we met and talked to Brian and Tony and the back up horn players for that night. Brian said that John and John actually mentioned us to them and we felt honored. on top of making incredible music, they're really nice people. now how many other bands can claim that? may the force be with you daniel meyerson (hopefully to be at M.I.T. this time next year) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:26:56 -0600 From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Interp Archive, Newsgroup, Unrestrained Joy 1) A reminder to all list denizens: Visit the TMBG Interpretation Archive! Just point your browser to: http://www.tmbg.org/interp/ I want your interpretations, too! Stuff like the final result of the Hot Cha debate would be appreciated. Send them to jchaffer@tmbg.org -- Thanks! 2) Does anyone here read the newsgroup as well? I would like an announcement about the TMBGIA posted there if possible, and I don't have access to a Usenet server here so I can't do it myself. 3) Woohoo! I got A Testimonial Dinner and Live in New York on the same day! Life is good! --Jon PS The "Band Intro" is the best track on the NY CD :-) *--------------------------------------------------------------------- jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org Visit the TMBG Interpretation Archive at http://www.tmbg.org/interp/ -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a17 C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K++ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ From: "LiaR" Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:40:38 +0000 Subject: bumper sticker??? I just wanted to know if anyone knew where I could get a THEY bumper sticker. I live in Miami, and haven't been able to find that much THEY stuff around. Any leads would be great. Laterz, *------------------------------ o()()()()o ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ______(liar@mail.gil.net)_____ *------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:32:52 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: They Might Have Ben or Been Giants Ben or Been, back for a moment, Perhaps I can give a better answer to the Dr. Demento's question posed a few Digests ago. For my *20th birthday* (in response to that "greetings" post), I received the 2-CD compilation of Dr. Demento's 25th anniversary. They Might Be Giants is included on it, the song's being "Particle Man." If anyone would like to sample songs from that compilation, some will be featured on Ben's Dial-A-Song, the number for which you can write me privately. So, Persephone has won the "Name the JH-Girl" contest. That voids the previous winner from my original contest. (That's okay, the Digest died before the deadline last time.) Persephone is fine. I kinda somehow like "The John Henry Girl." It befits her better. If for any reason you would like to write me, communicate with me by my e-mail address, not the Digest, for I can't check it often right now. I've two research papers and the revised draft of an essay for publication with which to deal. Hey, guys, I'm getting published! Until then, if you're ever in the Columbus, Ohio, region, stop by Otterbein College, and dial my extension, 2583. I'll pick up; we'll chat! Or come see me in a play sometime. I'm pursuing my BFA in theater performance (acting). I've the lead in a one-act opening this week. Pardon my braggadocio, love thy TMBG-Lover, Ben or Been of the group They Might Have Ben or Been Giants ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 17:37:44 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: What time is it? 25 O'Clock. After reading on the Digest that the XTC Tribute was out, I rushed out and got it that day (along with the new Flaming Lips) and very much like it. "25 O'Clock" (hard to type) is perhaps one of the strangest sounding of TMBG songs; definitely very mysterious. Right now I on Ben's Dial-A-Song "Stormy Pinkness." Soon I will feature an introless version of "25 O'Clock" (short by only 15 or so seconds). Write me for my phone number. And if you wanna now about my Dial-A-Song, ask Anne. She called me last night! Thanks very, very much, Anne! You have a stellar voice! With love, Ben or Been ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:40:59 -0600 From: Mike Smith Subject: Re: bumper sticker??? At 05:40 PM 11/6/95 +0000, you wrote: > I just wanted to know if anyone knew where I could get a THEY >bumper sticker. I live in Miami, and haven't been able to find that >much THEY stuff around. Any leads would be great. >Laterz, > you can order 3 different bumper stickers out of the Fan Club catalogue, a black and white one that has misc. t style writing, one that is white with red weirdly distorted red lettering and a coffee cup, and a they skull. or, you can make your own. i have all three of theirs on my car, plus i've written the names of all the albums with other bumper stickers that i cut up and put together. my most recent addition was DAS, and the number, because i finally found a sticker with a 6 on it. paul ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 15:53:09 -0800 From: demac13@ucla.edu (some girl) Subject: age i'm 22!!!! yeah!!!1 just one more age to look forward to. that would be 25. whut woo. =o) " i could never sleep my way to the top, cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up..." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 20:09:08 -0500 (EST) From: Neil Subject: Re: Birthday coincidences? On Mon, 6 Nov 1995 Brooksie2@aol.com wrote: > I've found three birthdates which seem to correspond to TMBG enjoyment... > May 10th, September 26th, and January 16th. Anyone care to further my > philosophy of a birthday-TMBG connection? Other possible dates I am looking > at: February 9th, March 9th, and September 3rd. Well, I know of two of us who will be changing our ages this coming thursday (the ninth for those among us who have no calendars nearby). *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Neil Kelly neilbert@neilbert.nai.net abf8@maristb.marist.edu *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 18:31:23 -0600 From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: bumper sticker??? > I just wanted to know if anyone knew where I could get a THEY >bumper sticker. I live in Miami, and haven't been able to find that >much THEY stuff around. Any leads would be great. Stuff like this can be purchased through the Info Club. From the TMBG FAQ: > Secondly, now it's free to join They Might Be Giants' Information Club. > To receive newsletters, tour dates and mail-order catalog, write: > > TMBG Information Club > PO Box 110535 > Williamsburgh Station > Brooklyn, NY 11211-0003 > U.S.A. > > or call 914-359-0867 Seeyas. *--------------------------------------------------------------------- jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org Visit the TMBG Interpretation Archive at http://www.tmbg.org/interp/ -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a17 C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K++ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ From: AARON STEVEN Organization: Sir Sandford Fleming College Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 15:48:06 -0500 (EST) Subject: age to the question of age? i am 20 years old as of last month... i am glad to see that so many people of different age groups like tmbg. i was begining to think i was the only fan left in the world. until i found out about this mail address. a devoted fan from Canada aaron steven ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-58 *****************************