Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-61 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 61 Friday, 10 November 1995 Today's Topics: Re: XTC? Re: Bands... Re: See The Constellation variousity Other stuff I like. Bands Re: Bands.. Re: XTC? Re: variousity Other bands query Other people... (none) Re: XTC? More music.... Re: your mail Re: Other people... Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 Other bands, etc... subject of message Shameless Plug Re: Bands.. Re: Shameless Plug Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 more mind jelly General stuff. soul cough Undeliverable Mail Soul Coughing Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Matthew James Subject: Re: XTC? Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 04:08:27 -0500 (EST) Ya know who no one has mentioned yet, the Residents? The San Fran band that TMBG supposedly worshipped and the whole first album was patented after. Unfortunately,I have yet to hear this band because all of the CDs are $14.99 and I'm looking for it used one of these days cause I'm cheap ;) I'm gonna start looking for them more when I get some money. > compare their first release, 3D EP to their latest, Nunsuch, you will find What is their 3D EP? I thought Go 2 was their first album? Ya gotta love the sleeve to Go 2 -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 10:38:43 +0100 (MET) From: Stefan Blixt Subject: Re: Bands... On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: > Are we not men? We are Devo! Yes, definitely an excellent group. Not as > creative, I think, as the Giants, though they were more than a band, they > were a philosophy of life. De-evolution. Musically inspiring for their > time, especially in the use of 3/4 measures when the listener expects 4/4. Well how about the rythmically totally wierd 7/8 in AWNM?WAD! (and probably other songs as well). I've heard that the today totally unhip group Gentle Giant did that a lot in the seventies as well. But thinking of it, have we heard such abnormalities from TMBG? It would be logical in some way, I think. Btw, I turned 24 this september, which is almost november. /Blixt -_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~ (generic dead person quote) -_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 10:58:48 +0100 (MET) From: Stefan Blixt Subject: Re: See The Constellation On Wed, 8 Nov 1995 johniac@austin.ibm.com wrote: > Jonathan Chaffer writes: > > And I quote, from the TMBG FAQ: > > . . . > > > mtschaef@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu (Wakko Warner) writes: > > > > > > The background message on "See the constillation" is "Help" > > > played backwards, repeated over and over. > > I'm not sure I buy this. It sounds to me like the word "One" from the > count-in at the beginning. > In the beginning of the song, someone counts "one, two, one two three four..." in good old rock 'n roll style, and I've never paid much attention, thinking that is was the "four" that repeated throughout the song, sometimes played backwards. But now I think they just play "one"s and "two"s et.c. backwards. King Missile rules, by the way. /Blixt -_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~ (generic dead person quote) -_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~-_~ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 08:02:17 EST From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: variousity hey there all. several things. does anyone else have this problem? every so often, i'll get a digest in which some messages are either only one line which i can only read the very beginning of (the rest of it gets cut off the edge), or every line is just a bit too long so i lose the meaning of what the person is saying. go, jon chaffer, for mentioning devo!!! yay! somehow, i lived in a box until i came to mt. pleasant, nad had never heard of devo. now, however, i ahve been enlightened. :) i had *no* idea that the singer from camper van beethoven was hte same guy from cracker. how weird! bands i like: lisa loeb, but i liked her better before she had the nine stories. i have a tape a beloved giant-head made me of an independent record she made by herself (just her singing with acoustic guitar) and its wonderful. the latest single from her album iwth her band is on it, actually, which is really weird to me, because i'm used to hte old version. its called *do you sleep*. i also like occasional tables, but only a few of you would recognize that name. they are my bf's band, nad if you want more info, email me! :) soon, they will have a web page, as soon as i am done withit. also, duran duran, rem , peter gabriel, and meryn cadell. yes, i am done now. peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 01:31:15 +0700 From: petery7@ozemail.com.au (Peter Young) Subject: Other stuff I like. Peter here and this is what I like when I am not listening to TMBG. The Wonderstuff: "Size Of A Cow" is one of my favourite songs. It is a pity they didn't break in the US and broke up instead. Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra: Ever heard a big band from Japan do "Sesame Street"? Awesome fun and they do the "Baby Elephant Walk" too! Freaky Stylistic: I only have one song of their's but it is a classic..it's called "Call Me Leonard Nimoy"! Bucks Fizz: 80's pop group. None of them played an instrument. Bjorn Again: ABBA cover band from Melbourne Aust. Fun with flares. Rolf Harris: Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport! This guy paints and sings Led Zep covers! Sultans Of Ping FC: Where's my jumper? The Chips Are Ready: My favourite. Why? Because I am in the band! Check out our debut album, "The Best Of". Number 454 this week with a bullet! ****************************************************************************** "The Chips Are Ready" New Debut Album Out Soon "THE BEST OF..." ****************************************************************************** The Love Boat, soon we'll be making another ride...... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ PHYSIOTHERAPY: A great reason to study at Cumberland College Of Health Sciences, Lidcombe, NSW AUSTRALIA. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 95 09:37:58 -0500 From: seakin@umich.edu Subject: Bands Well, I reckon my favorite bands are: TMBG, DEVO, Kate Bush, The Dead Milkmen, Skinny Puppy, and Front Line Assembly. Hey, I notice that we have another 13 year old on the list. I remember we once had a 12 year old, but I think he's 14 now. His name was Andy Horowitz. I remember that he wanted to find out how to contact John and John so he could invite Them to his Bar Mitzvah. Is he still on this list? -Sean ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 09:17:40 -0500 (EST) From: fkoiner1@ic3.ithaca.edu Subject: Re: Bands.. Wow, Robyn Hitchcock! I didn't mention him because I thought no one would have heard of him. The only album I have is "Globe of Frogs", though I've heard others. He's a great one, that's for sure! FLK ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 09:56:13 -0500 From: Dale Caldwell Subject: Re: XTC? >On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, joseph drago wrote: >I may sound dumb for asking, but I haven't heard of XTC ( dodges > various fruit thrown at him) and I am curoius. Just lemme know or whatever... > Hmm, pop oriented, with quirky lyrics. Many good songs to chose from. English group, started in the 80's I think. Also, if my memory is correct, Andy Partridge, the leader of the group, hates live performing or has stage fright or something and the group never tours. Can anyone confirm? dale ================================================================== badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges! dale@gardeners.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 09:24:30 -0500 (EST) From: fkoiner1@ic3.ithaca.edu Subject: Re: variousity On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Anne E. Heidemann wrote: > go, jon chaffer, for mentioning devo!!! yay! somehow, i lived in a box > until i came to mt. pleasant, nad had never heard of devo. now, however, > i ahve been enlightened. :) Ahem....Who mentioned Devo? (Just straightening out the facts!) FLK ------------------------------ From: marcus@cc.gatech.edu (Marcus J. Le Blanc) Subject: Other bands query Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 11:18:52 -0500 (EST) This is my first time posting...but.... Pavement is another band semi-semi-like TMBG (esp. Wowee Zowee, possibly Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain) my ex-girlfriend (grrr!) said that I like Weezer because they sounded like TMBG, but that is her opinion -- Marcus J. Le Blanc marcus@cc.gatech.edu "Of course I've got a problem with women! Everyone has a problem with women. Because women taunt and tease. Because they are attractive and they punish you for being attracted." -Mr. Gone, "The Maxx" ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:22:20 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Other people... Well, if you like to listen to TMBG because they make you laugh.. let me suggest Tom Lehrer. He was around in like 1960, and is in my opinion one funny guy. I suggest the CD Tom Lehrer revisited, although I still haven't heard An Evening wasted with Tom Lehrer. Liam ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:59:49 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Finally...another fan my age. I was beginning to think that my generation had no taste... Liam ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: XTC? Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 12:08:30 -0500 (EST) > Hmm, pop oriented, with quirky lyrics. Many good songs to chose from. > English group, started in the 80's I think. Also, if my memory is correct, > Andy Partridge, the leader of the group, hates live performing or has stage > fright or something and the group never tours. Can anyone confirm? Yeah that's correct, Dale. I think it was around 1982 that Andy got stage fright and now he won't tour. -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 12:26:05 -0500 (EST) From: Sara Smith Subject: More music.... May I put a plug in for Heywood Banks? Anyone else heard of him? His stuff may not be found that far out of Indiana, I'm not sure, but it is worth a try. My favorite song of his is a tribute to his favorite organ, the pancreas. He's a hooot! ______________________________________________________________________________ "I don't think I need a rubber room, but hey, that might be nice. I'm not a manic depressive, paranoid or schizophrenic so I don't need your advice, I am crazy, just like you." Barenaked Ladies *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sara Smith sarsmith@othello.ucs.indiana.edu ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 09:51:41 -0800 (PST) From: "'Alejandro' Joseph Koenen" Subject: Re: your mail how old are you? I know my generation has no taste, but at least it has more than its fair shar of freaks-of-nature who oppose its evil ways. I'm 22, how about ewe? _______________________________________________________________ | | | | | | | | | | | | | _______| | | _______| _______| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | _______| |_______ | _______| |_______ | | | | | | | | |___________|___________|_____|_____|___________|___________|___________| Joe Koenen weasel@u.washingtopn.edu ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 12:05:34 -0600 (CST) From: Jennifer Elaine Klauke Subject: Re: Other people... On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Liam Singer wrote: > Well, if you like to listen to TMBG because they make you laugh.. > let me suggest Tom Lehrer. > He was around in like 1960, and is in my opinion one funny guy. > I suggest the CD Tom Lehrer revisited, although I still haven't heard > An Evening wasted with Tom Lehrer. > > Liam I ache for the touch of your lips dear, but much more for the touch of your whips dear. You can raise welts like nobody else, as we dance to the Masochism Tango. I'm sorry, I had to. :) Forget the sig, Jenny Klauke - jek4911@tam2000.tamu.edu ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 13:03:20 -0500 (CDT) From: "I'm a Pez, He's a Pez, wouldn't you like to be a Pez too?" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 aaaaaa the Fav band discussion where to begin : First off support for Devo, Robyn Hitchcock, Replacements, Camper von Beethoven, and the like . . . Now on to more great they-ish and just good music - The Gumby Album - little known groups sing of everyones fav dab o clay Pere Ubu - Check out their song "Ice Cream Truck" Soul Coughing - Opened for They once imagine They meet jazz Thomas Dolby - All hail the early '80s _Golden age of the Wireless_ Fleming and John - New band -LOOK FOR THEIR DISC _Delusions of Grandeur_ Great! Two thumbs up. the Animaniacs album - Snitzelbank! Personal Favs - David Bryne, Bob Dylan, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Police, Tom Petty, Scruffy the Cat, Guadalcanal Diary, Baby Flamehead, and many many others . . . . they-ish songs "Our House " by Madness "Cake for Breakfest" by Greg Lee on the Carmen Sandiego Album Has anyone heard much by the Residents? I am curious about them because they have some weird/good looking cd-roms out and I've heard only a bit of their music... If They were not a Musical Group what would they be? Pez Man ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 11:24:32 -0800 (PST) From: Trompe Le Monde Subject: Other bands, etc... Too many Portlanders here... it's scaring me. I'll mention again that I missed that Portland concert at the end of May, but my 14 year-old brother (grr) got to go. Actually, he's the one who screwed me out of going, but that's a whole other story. I still haven't heard any of the live TMBG stuff (other than a few 120 Minutes appearances and the Tonight Show appearance where they did "The Guitar" around the _Apollo 18_ release). Add me to the list of people who are into Sarah McLachlan and the Pixies. _Doolittle_ is my favorite, but I also have all of their other albums. Sarah McLachlan is incredible, but there aren't really any parallels with her and TMBG, true... unless you count the fact that she's also on the XTC tribute album (which I still do not have). And the only thing I know about Ed's Redeeming Qualities is that one of the Breeders used to be in that band... I think it was Jo Wiggs but I really can't remember. And finally, yes, "We Want A Rock" is my favorite Giants song. Kerry +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ + kbiggs@gladstone.uoregon.edu / "The only thing to fear is fearlessness.." + +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+//-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- R.E.M. +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ + "Feels like a heartbreak, but it's nothing near that great" - J. Hatfield + +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ ------------------------------ From: Fancy Lad Subject: subject of message Date: Thu, 9 Nov 95 15:18:13 EST heywood banks!! hilarious. my personal favorite is pancreas. or how about 'hickey, hockey, holly', which gave such lines as 'sicka f-frigit milwaukee'. on to another subject. many people have been mentioning certain groups as 'they-ish'. nothing against the pixies or the barenaked ladies or others, who are excellent groups, but i have never, ever listened to those guys or anyone else and thought,'hmm... this sounds kind of like a song that they might sing.' i think they are sooooo unique that even considering another group to be 'they-ish' makes my stomach feel kind of queasy or something. maybe if i knew what your criteria for they-ish was, that would help. anyway, see ya later. farside ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 12:42:36 -0800 From: BlueDog Subject: Shameless Plug Hey check out my TMBG-Related web page!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/bluedog.html Also the Link page has some TMBG links! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/links.html --Big Blue Dog Forever----No Idiots Allowed Here-- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com "The most interesting thing about King Charles I was that he was 5'6" tall at the start of his reign, and only 4'8" tall at the end of it"--Monty Python --My favorite color is clear--Leave me Alone-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 14:27:03 -0800 (PST) From: Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria Subject: Re: Bands.. On Thu, 9 Nov 1995 fkoiner1@ic3.ithaca.edu wrote: > Wow, Robyn Hitchcock! I didn't mention him because I thought no one > would have heard of him. The only album I have is "Globe of Frogs", > though I've heard others. He's a great one, that's for sure! > FLK > Paul Swan (rabidchild.paulswan.utexas...) and I once saw a solo acoustic performance by him at SXSW in Austin. It was amazing! I went out the next week and bought "Eye", because it's also solo acoustic. My only regret is that it doesn't have Balloon Man. Jason Weiner # "Never whistle while Stanford University # you're pissing"- discord@leland.stanford.edu # Hagbard Celine ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 17:44:58 -0600 From: Jonathan.Chaffer@cmich.edu (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Shameless Plug >Hey check out my TMBG-Related web page!! > >http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/bluedog.html You'll note that the directory in the Interp Archive with the stuff for the first album is http://www.tmbg.org/interp/pink/. Pink forever! It's short and sweet! BTW, I've changed the TMBGIA index format somewhat. I now have an icon indicating songs which have interps available, so you don't have to waste time downloading songs without any interp info. Check it out! *--------------------------------------------------------------------- jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org Visit the TMBG Interpretation Archive at http://www.tmbg.org/interp/ -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a17 C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K++ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ Date: 09 Nov 95 14:45:22 EST From: Sara.B.Carmichael@Dartmouth.EDU (Sara B. Carmichael) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 --- "I'm a Pez, He's a Pez, wouldn't you like to be a Pez too?" wrote: Soul Coughing - Opened for They once imagine They meet jazz --- end of quoted material --- ugh...you have got to be kidding...they were horrible...i saw them once in atlanta before i knew what i was getting into and then when they opened up for Them in jax...two people in the club danced -- my psycho crew coach and my friend who listens to and enjoys swiss rap (now that is some bad music) and incidentally neither of them really like tmbg much...the rest of us thought they were awful. i dont know what They were thinking. other than that, i like everyone mentioned...oh yeah... and violent femmes (sort of tmbgish) and nine inch nails (really not tmbgish, but good stuff regardless) sara ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 22:54:38 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: more mind jelly First off, a hardy "COOL!" to Marcus J. LeBlanc for quoting The Maxx, or rather Mr. Gone. Any other Maxxheads out there? Secondly, I forgot to mention Phish as a fav-o-mine. Somebody once told me that they sounded like They meet the Grateful Dead, but I don't hear it. But, does anyone even really care what other bands I like? I mean, when I finish reading somebody's message where they rattle off a list of who they like besides TMBG, I can't remember who wrote it, let alone what they said, by the time I get to the next one. You most likely won't remember this one. Now I'm depressed. I'll just leave now. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 23:15:49 -0500 (EST) From: David Vogelgesang <924304@xavier.xu.edu> Subject: General stuff. As far as the bands thing goes, other than TMBG, I like REM, just about any alternative, I also like movie scores (like Star Wars and other symphonic stuff). Anyways, I'll listen to just about anything except for rap and country. I convinced my mom to order all three years worth of cd's and a t-shirt from the Hello cd of the month club in one huge monster pack. I hope they still have 93 and 94 back cd's. Oh well. I'll find out soon enough, Ziggy === I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me === right up. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: soul cough Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 23:19:18 -0500 (EST) > > --- "I'm a Pez, He's a Pez, wouldn't you like to be a Pez too?" > wrote: > Soul Coughing - Opened for They once imagine They meet jazz > --- end of quoted material --- > > ugh...you have got to be kidding...they were horrible...i saw them once in > atlanta before i knew what i was getting into and then when they opened up for > Them in jax...two people in the club danced -- my psycho crew coach and my > friend who listens to and enjoys swiss rap (now that is some bad music) and > incidentally neither of them really like tmbg much...the rest of us thought > they were awful. i dont know what They were thinking. > other than that, i like everyone mentioned...oh yeah... and violent femmes > (sort of tmbgish) and nine inch nails (really not tmbgish, but good stuff > regardless) > sara > Aww man, that's some good stuff Soul Coughing! I haven't heard the mlive but I love the album. They're very strange and free-form jazzy. Oh by the way, I went to the music score today and they had The Guitar single brand new for sale! Well I freaking bought that puppy, but the question is, how do they have a new copy of the Guitar which I thought was sold out a long time ago? Today wasw just a good day at the music store, they had so much good stuff and used for cheap prices! Let's see The Disappointed by Electronic, which I thought I'd never get, Substance and Closer by Joy Division!!, Enya's first album (can't wait to listen to that), and Erasure's new album! I also coulda got The Cross of Change by Enigma but I had a big dent in my wallet already. I was very happy about the Guitar, now all I need is She Was a Hotel Detective, They'll Need a Crane, and The Statue Got me High singles (was there a birdhouse single?) I think that's all --Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 23:20:43 EST From: Subject: Undeliverable Mail ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- This delivery error is in a special format that allows software like LISTSERV to automatically take action on incorrect addresses; you can safely ignore the numeric codes. Note: delivery error converted to LMail format at MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU. --> Error description: Error-For: they-list@TMBG.ORG Error-Code: 3 Error-Text: 550 ... User unknown Error-End: One error reported ----------------- Original delivery error (before conversion) ----------------- MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s): MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU received negative reply: 550 ... User unknown ** Text of Mail follows ** Received: from MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU by MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU (IBM VM SMTP V2R2) with BSMTP id 1848; Thu, 09 Nov 95 23:20:35 EST Received: from miamiu.muohio.edu (NJE origin RICHMOJC@MIAMIU) by MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU (LMail V1.2a/1.8a) with BSMTP id 2205; Thu, 9 Nov 1995 23:20:35 -0500 Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 23:12:03 EST From: Justin Richmond Subject: Misc. Stuff To: they-list@tmbg.org To all my dearest fellow fans, Since everyone else is saying their name, I will say mine. I am one thousand years old. One thousand years old! Sure you think that's old but what do you know. Anyway, I just want to tell everyone how much I enjoy reading my mail. I go to a preppy college where everyone listens to Hootie and the Blowfish and noone apprectaite true music, such as the magical melodies of Them. I feel this is a disgrace and since I have noone else to share my love for Them with, you are all I have. I was on the unnoffical TMBG page (http//www.tmbg.org/) and I ran into a link with rather diificult TMBG trivia questions. I have been a die-hard fan for seven years, but was distraught when I found myself unable to answer half the questions. I was even more perturbed when the answers were not posted along with it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and I so, what or where the heck are the answers. I'm talking about the trivia quiz two, not one. Thanks, Justin ------------------------------ From: THOMASVB@CEDAR.GOSHEN.EDU Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 0:21:39 -0500 (EST) Subject: Soul Coughing I saw them in NYC and they are great!! How can a TMBG fan criticize them? Any group that has a line, "Gone savage for teenagers who are aestheticly pleasing, in other words..FLY" is cool in my book. A quick list of the most memorable shows I've been to TMBG at Irving Plaza Soul Coughing at Tramps Beck at IP (anyone ever hear of Doo Rag, they opened for Beck) Primus at Roseland of course, REM at Madison Sq Garden I feel lucky to have seen some of my favs at really good performances. Smaller places are the best cuz you can mosh to "Why Does the Sun Shine?" Just a quick jaunt into the life of a NYer turned Goshen, Indianan Thomas "That Blue Thing" Bona ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Nov 1995 14:54:02 -0500 (EST) From: fkoiner1@ic3.ithaca.edu Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 Yay for Madness!!!! FLK ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-61 *****************************