Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-62 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 62 Saturday, 11 November 1995 Today's Topics: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-61 Re: Bands.. comic books and junk Re: Bands.. The new B-side CD Home page Re: Home page Why does the sun shine? (live) FLOOD Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 95 08:58:42 EST From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-61 hey, yeah, the maxx! as a result of my bf's habit, i have gotten hooked on comic books. i read only two of them regularly so far (mostly because i dont hav ethat much time to read stuff that's not assigned, being an english major), one is spawn, nad the other is the maxx. the maxx is just so *weird*, i love it! any others? peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 08:33:08 -0800 From: landrub@ix.netcom.com (Andrew Bowers ) Subject: Re: Bands.. You wrote: > >Wow, Robyn Hitchcock! I didn't mention him because I thought no one >would have heard of him. The only album I have is "Globe of Frogs", >though I've heard others. He's a great one, that's for sure! >FLK > Robin Hitchcock has been around for years and has zillions (it seems) of releases. Before he was a solo artist he was the leader of The Soft Boys which originally put out the song "I Wanna Destroy You" that was just recently remaid by the Circle Jerks. If you can find it, he put out a very odd album called "I Often Dream of Trains" that contains the song "Uncorrected Personality Traits". It's unlike anything you've ever heard before and I won't say more than that. Have funds, AndyB ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:46:40 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: comic books and junk The Maxx, anything that Simon Bisely draws, Melting Pot, and Mirage's Ninja Turtles. But the latter went out of busniess. This has nothing to do with TMBG. I just figured out that the end of Thermostat is in an odd 10/4 groove. Two measures of 4, one of 2 (4+4+2=10). That did. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 08:47:37 -0800 From: landrub@ix.netcom.com (Andrew Bowers ) Subject: Re: Bands.. Has anyone out there ever heard of The Ben Folds Five? They're actually a trio and have a very irreverent sound. Ben folds could be likened to Billy Joel in style but stranger, rowdier and more sarcastic. They just played locally in Annapolis but I wasn't able to attend since the show was Thursday and I can't do the late work nights like I used to. Great stuff none-the-less. Check out the songs "Julianne", "Sports and Wine" and "Uncle Walter". L8t, AndyB ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 10:55:39 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: The new B-side CD Does anybody know when the new b-side CD will be in the stores? I'm blanking on the name of it at the moment. I'd like to get it ASAP!!!!! :) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 16:40:24 -0500 (EST) From: David Vogelgesang <924304@xavier.xu.edu> Subject: Home page I know that it's been said before, but how do I get to TMBG home page??? Ziggy ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 18:22:38 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Home page >I know that it's been said before, but how do I get to TMBG home page??? The Official Page: http://www.tmbg.com/ The Unofficial Page: http://www.tmbg.org/ Pretty simple, huh? *--------------------------------------------------------------------- jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org Visit the TMBG Interpretation Archive at http://www.tmbg.org/interp/ -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a17 C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K++ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 18:41:44 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: Why does the sun shine? (live) i've seen them do that song live and it's incredible. its filled with so much energy that radiates from They to you. i also love the disco remake/new version of "She was a hotel detective". if anyone wants a copy of it e-mail me for my home address and send me a tape and i'll be happy to copy it for you may the force be with you daniel (using my dad's account) ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: FLOOD Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 22:11:50 -0500 (EST) M A I TM FLOOD LINNO ANYEH NN E SE R BL T UL Y R G H -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-62 *****************************