Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-64 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 64 Monday, 13 November 1995 Today's Topics: Re: Ben Folds Five other bands, cont'd Re: FOR SALE/TRADE you=tmbg greetings.. Re: you=tmbg Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 Re: you=tmbg Re: you=tmbg Re: you=tmbg Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Spivey Justin M Subject: Re: Ben Folds Five Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 15:32:03 -0500 (EST) Dear list, > Has anyone out there ever heard of the Ben Folds Five? They're > actually a trio and have a very irreverant sound. Actually, I saw the last two songs of their set (one of which was "Underground") at Irving Plaza (NYC) last Monday night. One of the friends I was with described them as "Queen meets Kansas," and al- though you can take that with a grain of salt, believe me when I say that I wish I'd seen the whole set! Justin Spivey (spivey@cooper.edu) ------------------------------ From: Spivey Justin M Subject: other bands, cont'd Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 15:41:37 -0500 (EST) Dear list, Has anyone ever heard the Wesley Willis Fiasco? They're from Chicago, and rather distinctive. (Not to say that I like them. I just think that my life has been made all the more complete by hearing them.) NYC folks should recognize my local favorites, the Too Skinnee J's and Screaming Headless Torsos. Justin Spivey (spivey@cooper.edu) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 18:16:02 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: Re: FOR SALE/TRADE There's an ALTERNATE version of Ana Ng???????????? Could anyone tell me where I might be able to find it aside from the CD that was for sale or trade, for I already have all of those other songs. Will it possibly be on the new B-side? Let me know. :) thanks. Ana Ng ------------------------------ From: Jay.Brotz@bm.medtechnet.com (Jay Brotz) Date: 12 Nov 95 14:47:00 -0500 Subject: you=tmbg Organization: Med TechNet Hi. I'm Jay. Can I have some info on your digest and mail thing? Thanks. Your #1 fan-j you can call me bob if you really want to -- |Internet: Jay.Brotz@bm.medtechnet.com |Fidonet: Jay Brotz 1:260/95 | | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly their own. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 20:42:12 EST From: BWTB61B@prodigy.com (MR JAMES A DRESKO) Subject: greetings.. mandy cormic, please write me (sorry all, for the unrelated message) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 18:24:53 -0800 (PST) From: Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria Subject: Re: you=tmbg On 12 Nov 1995, Jay Brotz wrote: > Your #1 fan-j What makes him the #1 fan? I say Paul Swan is the #1 fan. This should make up for my usual trashing of Paul. Jason Weiner # "In other words, Dad, I'm suffering from Stanford University # ...from...ROCKINEUMONIA and the BOOGIE- discord@leland.stanford.edu # WOOGIE BLUES." - Binckely, Bloom County ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 21:46:33 -0600 (CST) From: "Francesca Parker" Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 "I'm a Pez, He's a Pez, wouldn't you like to be a Pez too?" wrote (and quite some time ago, too): > If They were not a Musical Group what would they be? I think Flans would be a lounge singer - purple velour, smoking jacket, Hefner-esqe hospitality - the works. Linnell would be...somebody's sidekick: Roberto Alonzo LeMeur. I, on the other hand, remain, franny. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-60 Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 22:07:12 -0500 (EST) > > "I'm a Pez, He's a Pez, wouldn't you like to be a Pez too?" > wrote (and quite some time ago, too): > > > If They were not a Musical Group what would they be? > > I think Flans would be a lounge singer - purple velour, smoking jacket, > Hefner-esqe hospitality - the works. > > Linnell would be...somebody's sidekick: Roberto Alonzo LeMeur. > > I, on the other hand, remain, I could definitely see Flans doing that act. As for Linnell I think I coul.d see him as a freak at the circus. Ya konw putting the neddle through his hand or twisting himself into weird shapes, etc. -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu, elrond@charm.net Loyola College "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: Re: you=tmbg Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 21:31:14 -0700 >On 12 Nov 1995, Jay Brotz wrote: >> Your #1 fan-j >What makes him the #1 fan? I say Paul Swan is the #1 fan. Now hold on a minute, I know he can get obsessive, but what makes him #1? Who's been listening the longest and most devoutly would probably be the best measure... Can anyone beat my eight years of solid listening...as in at least twice a week, never faltering? and not removing any new albums from the CD/tape player for at LEAST a month, unless it is to put in some other TMBG song... c'mon, I dare you, I know that someone has been listening to them longer... mebbe not? That's why some call me the... -Rabid Child (EGO SWELL!) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ -No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! 8o) _Send flames to president@whithouse.gov_ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 23:05:17 -0600 From: "bad mr. frosty" Subject: Re: you=tmbg It's nice to say you're the biggest fan and all, but i don't think that we should do it on the list. it sounds like something that is going to start arguments that shouldn't happen. we're all big fans, so who really cares who is the biggest one? i've got no one to blame but my fat self... paul, which someone told me is short for pollywog earlier today... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 00:54:18 -0500 (EST) From: fkoiner1@ic3.ithaca.edu Subject: Re: you=tmbg I don't know. I think it's just a little silly to be comparing our loves for TMBG. Isn't the point just that we all DO love Them? Questioning the point to all this, FLK ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-64 *****************************