Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-69 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 69 Saturday, 18 November 1995 Today's Topics: concerts.... anyone? space ghost Oregon... Re: Parents. Re: space ghost Re: Oregon... Re: Oregon... Re: Oregon... Istanbul Re: space ghost random-osities Re: Istanbul so i'm writing everything down in a spiral notebook Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: promans@sloth.loyola.edu (Phil Romans) Subject: concerts.... anyone? Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 09:13:17 -0500 (EST) Hello all, I am looking for some good TMBG live stuff. If anyone is intrested in tradeing, you can check out what I have to offer on my homepage. If you don' thave web access, I will be happy to ship you a list so we can work something out. currently I only have on concert... so I want to get more! -=phil -- ._________________________________________________________________. I |promans@sloth.loyola.edu | http://justice.loyola.edu/~promans | W | U2-They Might Be Giants-Pink Floyd-Rush | G | looking for any 'live' material of these bands | B | Magic: The Addiction | T \-----------------------------------------------------------------/ P -=Maddness takes it's toll, please have extact change.=- ! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:43:44 -0500 From: Paul Stysley Subject: space ghost Hi lo How's everybody? I just saw this nifty show on cable I thnk is on USA or the cartoon network (you get cable in college and its sooooo neat) and its space ghost but not is like a talk show and its funny. anyway the point of this is that has anybodythat has seen this noticed that they played End of the Tour at the end of the show and have a little caption that says "They might Be Giants makes beautiful music" Was this just for one show? Well it was neat at anyrate. thanks. TTFN may the force be with you paul (iamafish) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 09:45:42 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Oregon... Can somebody tell me what they have against Oregon? I am referring to the lyrics of Oregon's state song "Oregon is bad, stop it if you can. run away, run away, now it's after you. flee to someplace new" Perhaps they had a bad experience here or something... Liam ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 95 13:01:10 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Parents. > On the Live in NY CD, Flans apologizes to his mother publicly before he > starts up "I Palindrome I" (Someday mother will die and I'll get the > money...). I don't think he's quite sick enough to have done that if she > was dead. > I thought that was Linnell since it is a Linnell song. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 95 13:17:21 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: space ghost > Hi lo > How's everybody? I just saw this nifty show on cable I thnk is on USA > or the cartoon network (you get cable in college and its sooooo neat) > and its space ghost but not is like a talk show and its funny. anyway the > point of this is that has anybodythat has seen this noticed that they > played End of the Tour at the end of the show and have a little caption > that says "They might Be Giants makes beautiful music" Was this just for > one show? Well it was neat at anyrate. thanks. TTFN > may the force be with you > paul (iamafish) > > Its Cartoon Planet. Its on TBS weekdays from 3:05 pm EST to 4:05 est. Or on the Cartoon Network weekdays 6-7 pm EST and weekdays 1 - 2 am and there may be some times I missed. Its a show, hosted by Space Ghost and Zorak that shows cartoons from years ago. At the begining some fool in a Space Ghost costume dances to No One Knows My Plans and at the end it has End of the Tour what that caption and before and after the comercial breaks they play No one Know my Plans. I like the begining, the end, the comercials and the Space Ghosts parts. Now there's also Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which is the real Space Ghost talk show. It doesn't have anything to do with TMBG but its still funny cuz Zorak rules and I like the noise he makes when he blinks. That is on the Cartoon Network Fridays at 11 - 11:15 pm est, Saturdays 12 - 12:15 am est and Wednesdays at 9:30 - 10pm est. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 95 13:45:09 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Oregon... > Can somebody tell me what they have against Oregon? I am referring to the > lyrics of Oregon's state song > > "Oregon is bad, > stop it if you can. > run away, > run away, > now it's after you. > flee to someplace new" > > Perhaps they had a bad experience here or something... > Probally the same thing Linnell has against Maine and Pennylvania. But Maine has me a little confused. I don't know he he loves it or hates it. This part makes me think he likes it. "Maine at the top of the chart, has crushed my evil heart" and "I love you anyway. I promise there's no other state" And this makes me think he hates it. "Maine is a punch in the mouth", "Maine is the devil you know", "Maine is the heaven below", "Maine is the posion you love", "Maine is the hell from above" Anyway for those who don't know the song, here are the words {from memory} Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face. Reclining in the bear trap of its tender warm embrase. Glazed with confiours green, Glazed with excitment and dread. Exhoused from over sleep, Awake but still in bed. Shaving raisors rusty but the sting brings you execlty back to Maine {boom} [? is the whirly bird sound?], Maine [boom} is a punch in the mouth, Maine {boom} at the top of the chart, has crushed my evil heart. Maine {boom} is the devil you know, Maine {boom} is the heven below, Maine {boom} at the top of the chart, has crushed my evil heart. I love you anway, I promose there's no other state. But only if you stay away and leave me to my toddler state. And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you aren't. Maine {boom} [? is the whirly bird sound?], Maine [boom} is a punch in the mouth, Maine {boom} at the top of the chart, has crushed my evil heart. Maine {boom} is the posion you love, Maine {boom} is the hell from above, Maine {boom} at the top of the chart, has crused my evil heart. {boom} And anyway, my problem with penyslvania, is that he makes the state sound boring. Well that I agree with that. Just the words of the song and how it was said just makes it seem boring. (and everytime I go there [to my grandma's house] it is). These are the words: La la la la la la la la la la la la, La la la la la la la la la la la, La la la la la la la la la la la, La la la la la la la la la la la la, La la la la la la la la la la la la la, La la la la la la la la la la, Pensylvania. And yes, I did have fun writting all those la's (and hopefully they all fit). ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:56:54 -0800 (PST) From: "Jacob T. Eidsmoe" Subject: Re: Oregon... They probably have had bad experiences here...(in Oregon, that is)...at their Concert here this summer, John L was really getting upset about the crowd surfers...one ended up almost hit him, I believe.. Also, when REM was here, Stipes was brutally mean towards Oregonians...said lots of mean, generalizing statements... Perhaps it's a known fact amongst musicians that "Oregon is bad?" My 2-cents worth for today... -Jacob On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Liam Singer wrote: > Can somebody tell me what they have against Oregon? I am referring to the > lyrics of Oregon's state song > > "Oregon is bad, > stop it if you can. > run away, > run away, > now it's after you. > flee to someplace new" > > Perhaps they had a bad experience here or something... > > Liam > > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:34:31 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Oregon... >Anyway for those who don't know the song, here are the words {from memory} If you want a semi-definitive set of lyrics, check out the dial-a-song version at: http://www.tmbg.org/interp/das/m.html *--------------------------------------------------------------------- jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org Visit the TMBG Interpretation Archive at http://www.tmbg.org/interp/ -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GM/MU d-(--) s++:--->++:- a17 C++ U--- P--- !L E? W++>+++ N- o? K++ W--- !O M+++++$ !V PS-- PE+ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X? R+/C tv b++ @DI !D G++ e*>++++ r y- ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:51:06 EST From: BALSAC Subject: Istanbul I'd just like to say that Istanbul was written in the thirties. Unforteunately I don't have my Flood cassette cover yet, but on the CD, it says 1953. I'm pretty sure it was around 1936 though. As for stage managers, actors do appreciate them, well at least I do. How does it go, "Why have these things now, becaus You can't take it with you" Tim Olah ------------------------------ From: KShumwayUT@aol.com Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:55:05 -0500 Subject: Re: space ghost >How's everybody? I just saw this nifty show on cable I thnk is on USA >or the cartoon network (you get cable in college and its sooooo neat) >and its space ghost but not is like a talk show and its funny. anyway the >point of this is that has anybodythat has seen this noticed that they >played End of the Tour at the end of the show and have a little caption >that says "They might Be Giants makes beautiful music" Was this just for >one show? Well it was neat at anyrate. I also saw that when I was channel surfing. I thought that it was really nifty. I'm glad that someone else saw it. "Please pass the milk please" KS ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 16:43:46 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: random-osities This is a story that eventually lends itself to TMBG. I swear. There's this girl at my school who I've been obsessed with for the past four years. She is indifferent toward me, but I still covet her. Anyway, today as I was leaving she passed me in tha halls. Actually, I've planned it so that our paths cross: instead of going directly to my car, I make a left as if to go to my locker. She normally passes me without looking up. But today, she glanced at me, stared into my eyes and half smiled. And the only thing that I could think of was "She looked at me, I looked at something written across her scalp. And these are the words that it faintly said as I tried to call for help." which I found to be odd because I usually think of "Sleeping in the Flowers" when I see her. Anyway, that's my tale. the end. lebo ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) Subject: Re: Istanbul Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:30:00 -0800 (PST) > > I'd just like to say that Istanbul was written in the thirties. > Unforteunately I don't have my Flood cassette cover yet, but on the CD, > it says 1953. I'm pretty sure it was around 1936 though. As for stage > managers, actors do appreciate them, well at least I do. How does it > go, "Why have these things now, becaus You can't take it with you" > Tim Olah > I work at a pizzeria, and the owner of there (an older gentleman), told me when I brought I.N.C. into the conversation that it was first sang by the Four Lads, which was again re-staed (for me at least) in the FAQ which I read not too much after. I believe they were the first to sing it. (not sure though) (JD) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 00:43:53 -0500 (EST) From: die pfliegerin Subject: so i'm writing everything down in a spiral notebook if we are talking about music, has anyone ever heard of Corky and the Juice Pigs, a Canadian comedy band? if so, email me and tell me HOW TO GET THEIR MUSIC. gee thanks!!! aims ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ "We could be sleeping in the flowers, we could sleep all afternoon, you'd proclaim that you're an island, I proclaim that I'm one too." -They Might Be Giants aimee "grace" pflieger apfliege@indiana.edu "There goes everyone into the world but I, and I am sunburnt." -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-69 *****************************