Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-74 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 74 Thursday, 23 November 1995 Today's Topics: Thank you for calling IRC chat a cool finding! Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:13:11 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Thank you for calling Thank you, Ms. Frost! For loving Ben's Dial-A-Song! [You too can get a friendly hello, if you call my dial-a-song] Check yesterday's Digest for the number! Love and buttons, Ben or Been leaving for break ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 19:30:07 -0800 From: "Sean M. Bergeron" Subject: IRC chat Well, there aren't many folks here, but Jared and I had fun picking on Pocb. He was around when Jared left, then Jared came back, and acted like he knew absolutely nothing about TMBG. We played Pocb stupid for a good thirty minutes. The final solution was that Pocb is twelve. See what you miss when you skip IRC??? --Big Blue Dog Forever----No Idiots Allowed Here-- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com Three things are sure in life: Death, Taxes, and Micro$oft. --My favorite color is clear--Leave me Alone-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 00:42:05 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: a cool finding! i was watching tv and when i was flipping (i am if you didn't know, the best channel flipper on the planet. that's not arrogance. i'll accept any challenge) and i came upon some show on the learning channel and it said that the "5-4-3-2-1..lift off" was created by the german film director Fritz Lang (patience, my relevance to TMBG will be made clear) in 1928. this was done in a certain film entitled "By Rocket To The Moon". it took me about 7 seconds of flipping through the mess in my brain to realize that TMBG made a reference to a german B-grade sci-fi director from the 1920's in the lyrics to "Destination Moon". I think that's pretty cool. wow. i just remembered that i really loved that song in concert. gotta go. may the force be with you daniel (waiting to go to college to get my own account) meyerson ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-74 *****************************