Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-78 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 78 Monday, 27 November 1995 Today's Topics: Dec. 30 concert at the Troc VIDEO COMPILATION lynx unofficial page IRC chat Thanks... MY favorite Re: MY favorite Austrailan CD Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 09:12:57 -0500 From: ampersnd@netaxs.com (Andrew Ross) Subject: Dec. 30 concert at the Troc Here's a URL for more info on the Dec. 30 TMBG concert in Philadelphia... http://www.ticketmaster.com:80/events/NR/PA/NONSPORTS/CONCERTS/THEY_MIGHT_BE _GIANTS/ It's at the Trocadero, 10th and Arch Streets, which is just on the edge of Center City. I've never been to that exact intersection, but Center City is a pretty safe place. I mean, you're probably going to get panhandled, but so what. &REW ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 01:08:14 +0700 From: petery7@ozemail.com.au (Peter Young) Subject: VIDEO COMPILATION Hey everyone. Peter from Sydney here. I have great news. I actually found a copy of Video Compilation! I have been a fan for about two years now but I have never seen a single TMBG clip. Finally I found one in a specialty record store in Sydney. 22 minutes of fun! I would like someone to tell me if there is any significance to the choreography of the 2 Johns (i.e. in Ana Ng and Puppet Head)? And also describe to me the other TMBG clips not contained in the video. Thanking you kindly. ############################################################################## The CHIPS ARE READY are a dynamic three piece band from Eastern Creek, NSW, Australia. Featuring Craig (lead guitar), Scott (lead guitar) and Peter (lead guitar), they are preparing for the release of their debut CD "The Best Of". ****************************************************************************** "The Chips Are Ready" New Debut Album Out Soon "THE BEST OF..." ****************************************************************************** "The new Beatles have arrrived, unfortunately, they aren't the Chips Are Ready!" GLEN A BAKKER. "Do yourself a favour, buy the new album from the Chips, the music is bad, but the cover is fantastic!" IAN "MOGGY" MELDRUM. "Almost as good as my McBeefsteak song." LEE KERNAGHAN. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THE CHIPS ARE READY HOMEPAGE, coming soon. Don't eat yellow snow. ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: lynx unofficial page Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 12:55:18 -0500 (EST) The Unofficial page looks pretty good on lynx. Of course, the pix don't come up, though. Seems normal to me. I can check Air Mosaic for IBOX tomorrow. --Matt And of course Netscape looks fine -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: IRC chat Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 13:07:43 -0500 (EST) > > Well, there aren't many folks here, but Jared and I had fun picking on Pocb. > He was around when Jared left, then Jared came back, and acted like he knew > absolutely nothing about TMBG. We played Pocb stupid for a good thirty > minutes. The final solution was that Pocb is twelve. > > See what you miss when you skip IRC??? Do you guys use the undeernet servers or do you use the other ones? --Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: Thanks... Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 13:47:56 -0500 (EST) > > Hello all, > > I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving...I did, got to hang out with > my folks, sister, her boyfriend/fiancee. Also, while my Dad spent hours > watching football I was at the radio station doing a fun holiday special > show...TMBG included, of course. I do live with my family still (heck, > they're paying for college, I have too...I actually I like living with > them...they're nice) so I felt the need to escape for awhile...But I > digress...Rabid Child wrote a very nice post about the holidays, and also > about giving thanks...So following in true Rabid Child tradition I felt > the need to give thanks...Even if it is a day after Thanksgiving.... Ya happy post-Thanksgtiving! > > Thanks to my friend Sarah...truly one of the greatest friends I have ever > had. Thanks to my parents who always have been there for me. Thanks to all > mey friends for putting up with my weirdness.Thanks the heavens for TMBG, > New Order, Joy Division for either help me through hard times, or putting > one hell of a grin on my face. Yah thanks to TMBG! Thanks to JD and NO! My fav bands. "This is to warm you up for that long cold night ya got ahead of you" Peter Hook and New Order at Glastonbery Fest. 1987 "People like you find it easy, aching to see, walking on air, hurting by the rivers through the streets every corner, abondoned too soon, set down with care, DON'T WALK AWAY IN SILENCE" --Ian Curtis, Joy Division *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 14:50:50 -0500 Subject: MY favorite My fourth favorite John is myself...thank you I'd like to say that I'm hopping mad at my friend Chuck... He has: 1. broken my lava lamp 2. stolen my girlfriend, twice 3. beat up my dog 4. "borrowed" my Giants discs and not returned them Oh and while you were all mentioning other bands I noticed two things, there are still a lot of die-hard Pixies fans like myself and that someone mentioned the Dead Milkmen, personally I've always thought of the Dead Milkmen as a cross between TMBG and Dead Kennedys If anyone has any torture suggestions for Chuck, lay 'em on me. _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_- "Celibacy is not heriditary" ][ Mr John V@aol.com "NO disassemble!" - Johnny 5 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 15:16:00 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: MY favorite >I'd like to say that I'm hopping mad at my friend Chuck... >He has: > 1. broken my lava lamp > 2. stolen my girlfriend, twice > 3. beat up my dog > 4. "borrowed" my Giants discs and not returned them Friend?!?!?!?!? Who needs enemies? +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 16:33:54 -0800 From: gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) Subject: Austrailan CD I also have for sale or for trade: One copy of the _Australian Tour Special Edition of John Henry_(2 CD set), which includes a 6-track live CD containing the following songs: 6 Track Live EP released with John Henry Tour Edition in Australia. All tracks recorded live in New York, 10-14-94. Alternate versions have some overdubs. CD-5: 1995 OZ Elektra 7559618282 Don't Let's Start Ana Ng (alternate version) Particle Man Statue Got Me High Birdhouse In Your Soul (alternate version) Twistin' The other CD has (of course) the regular John Henry track listing. E-mail me directly if interested: gregb@westworld.com ***Also, I need a copy of the infamous 100 minute dial-a-song tape!!!*** ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-78 *****************************