Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-79 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 79 Tuesday, 28 November 1995 Today's Topics: Re: strange Re: VIDEO COMPILATION Re: VIDEO COMPILATION happy happy JOY JOY!!! Oregon show Re: strange LINY Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! SenSurround Re: big hot steamy thing Re: New song? Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! Re: big hot steamy thing Re: Dec. 30 concert at the Troc Re: SenSurround Re: SenSurround Hello... IRC Chat Re: IRC Chat Re: IRC Chat Re: IRC Chat Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! evil chuck. Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! Sensurround on MMPR Soundtrack Re: Dec. 30 concert at the Troc Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! cowtown! cowtown! Trouble with signature... IRC cowtown Was: Re: Trouble with signature(is now:Yet another guy griping about names...) Re: Trouble with signature... Re: cowtown Re: TMBDating Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 09:53:26 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: strange > you know it's odd...I didn't think anyone really listened to They...They are > amazing though... > just wondering if anyone else got a bootleg of the They Might Be Giants live > from New York album... > if you haven't try to get it...the sound is amazing and it's They Might Be > Giants so how could you go wrong. > > -meghan > Ana ng17@aol.com > Everyone listens to They. Some times they just don't realize it.... And yeah I got the Live in NYC album. My favorite song off of it is WDTSS. And does anyone know if Phili, PA is really a BAD city? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 09:58:41 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: VIDEO COMPILATION > Hey everyone. Peter from Sydney here. I have great news. I actually found a > copy of Video Compilation! I have been a fan for about two years now but I > have never seen a single TMBG clip. Finally I found one in a specialty > record store in Sydney. 22 minutes of fun! I would like someone to tell me > if there is any significance to the choreography of the 2 Johns (i.e. in > Ana Ng and Puppet Head)? And also describe to me the other TMBG clips not > contained in the video. > Thanking you kindly. > Well I don't know of any significane to the corography but you can see James K Polk's face in almost all of the videos. BTW I found someone that has a collection of all the videos from Flood up. If anyone has anything to trade for them (bootleg stuff), I'll give you his email address. I was gonna pay money for them but I needed to fix my jeep now I can't spare a nickel. BUt it you do get it, please make me a copy! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:36:28 -0600 From: Paul Leonard Subject: Re: VIDEO COMPILATION At 09:58 AM 11/27/95 EST, Adam P. Fistler wrote: >Well I don't know of any significane to the corography but you can see James K Polk's face in almost all of the videos. Are you sure you mean James K. Polk? I think you may be referring to "The Enigmatic Head" as featured on a t-shirt or two, and a few videos as well. This Person isn't J.K.Polk, it's William Allen White, a newspaper writer/publisher from much earlier years (i.e., early 20th or late 19th century). as always, if i'm wrong, correct comments are welcomed, flames are filed in "Mr. Trash Can" paul leonard ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: happy happy JOY JOY!!! Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 11:41:39 -0500 (EST) Happy! I just got tix to see They Might Be Giants in Philly on Dec. 30!!! Oh this is awesome! Anyone ging to that show? I couldn't figure out what the lady said about who was opening ...anyone know? Oh also, does anyone know about the particular location of town that the Trocadero is in? That's the name of the club. Well gotta go back to work, talk to ya'alls later. --Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 08:56:20 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Oregon show Yeah, I was at the Oregon show, except I had to LEAVE EARLY and MISS ISTANBULL. I am still very bitter about that. But the congo line was fun. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:00:58 -0500 (EST) From: Wakko Subject: Re: strange Philly really isn't all that bad. It's better than NYC, but not as interesting. I might be at the show, too! <^>--------------------------------<^^>---------------------------------<^> ||| Jeanette C. Frost || "I'm your only friend, ||| ||| Trenton State College || I'm not your only friend, ||| ||| FROST@TRENTON.EDU || But I'm a little glowing friend||| |||---------------------------------|| But really I'm not actually ||| ||| C'mon, get happy!!!!!!!!!!!! || your friend, ||| ||| -Partrige Family Theme || But I am! -TMBG, "Birdhouse ||| ||| || "In Your Soul" ||| <_>--------------------------------<__>---------------------------------<_> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:01:41 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: LINY Can someone tell me where they are getting these live In NY tapes? I would really appreciate a copy, I will send $ for tape, and P&H. I think someone offered once, but alas, on the day that they sent their address to me, something weird happened with my server, and all messages in my inbox were deleted. Please help me! Liam ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:08:19 -0500 (EST) From: Wakko Subject: Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! Just so you know - there's now a version of Why Does The Sun Shine? floating around out there..... I had made it up and sent it to another list member, Kevin G. Ask him for it - but when you do get it, could you add a line on the file saying it was transposed by Jeanette and Dayv Frost? (I forgot to do it before I sent it out. Oops! ;) ) More MIDIs on the way!! I'm currently working on Ana Ng, and I want to have Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head done before Christmas. Share and enjoy!! 'Nette <^>--------------------------------<^^>---------------------------------<^> ||| Jeanette C. Frost || "I'm your only friend, ||| ||| Trenton State College || I'm not your only friend, ||| ||| FROST@TRENTON.EDU || But I'm a little glowing friend||| |||---------------------------------|| But really I'm not actually ||| ||| C'mon, get happy!!!!!!!!!!!! || your friend, ||| ||| -Partrige Family Theme || But I am! -TMBG, "Birdhouse ||| ||| || "In Your Soul" ||| <_>--------------------------------<__>---------------------------------<_> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:15:15 -0500 (EST) From: Wakko Subject: SenSurround Does anyone know a way that I can get SenSurround without having to buy the Power Rangers soundtrack? Not that I'm knocking the album itself, it's just that I refuse to own anything that has the PR's picture on it. (I have a younger cousin that has made me completely sick of the whole PR world by immersing himself in it. ;( ) Any advice is accepted!! 'Nette <^>--------------------------------<^^>---------------------------------<^> ||| Jeanette C. Frost || "I'm your only friend, ||| ||| Trenton State College || I'm not your only friend, ||| ||| FROST@TRENTON.EDU || But I'm a little glowing friend||| |||---------------------------------|| But really I'm not actually ||| ||| C'mon, get happy!!!!!!!!!!!! || your friend, ||| ||| -Partrige Family Theme || But I am! -TMBG, "Birdhouse ||| ||| || "In Your Soul" ||| <_>--------------------------------<__>---------------------------------<_> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:17:46 -0500 (EST) From: Wakko Subject: Re: big hot steamy thing On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, David Tweet wrote: > Who here has a favorite John? Anyone at the Portland, OR show? Flansburg > ended it by jumping up and down on his guitar!! Kool! > > Didn't see the Portland show (wrong coast), but my fave John is Linnell. I'm a sucker for a guy that plays the clarinet. :) 'Nette <^>--------------------------------<^^>---------------------------------<^> ||| Jeanette C. Frost || "I'm your only friend, ||| ||| Trenton State College || I'm not your only friend, ||| ||| FROST@TRENTON.EDU || But I'm a little glowing friend||| |||---------------------------------|| But really I'm not actually ||| ||| C'mon, get happy!!!!!!!!!!!! || your friend, ||| ||| -Partrige Family Theme || But I am! -TMBG, "Birdhouse ||| ||| || "In Your Soul" ||| <_>--------------------------------<__>---------------------------------<_> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:22:04 -0500 (EST) From: Wakko Subject: Re: New song? Ok, so Idon't live in NY, but I get all the NY radio stations where I live. KRock is practically the only station I listen to, but I didn't catch the new song. time to open the request lines..... BTW, KRock has a e-mail address, so I'll write them and ask.... 'Nette <^>--------------------------------<^^>---------------------------------<^> ||| Jeanette C. Frost || "I'm your only friend, ||| ||| Trenton State College || I'm not your only friend, ||| ||| FROST@TRENTON.EDU || But I'm a little glowing friend||| |||---------------------------------|| But really I'm not actually ||| ||| C'mon, get happy!!!!!!!!!!!! || your friend, ||| ||| -Partrige Family Theme || But I am! -TMBG, "Birdhouse ||| ||| || "In Your Soul" ||| <_>--------------------------------<__>---------------------------------<_> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:51:46 -0500 (EST) From: Wakko Subject: Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! Transcribed. That, too. I got my terminology mixed up - It's still in the same key...... 'nette <^>--------------------------------<^^>---------------------------------<^> ||| Jeanette C. Frost || "I'm your only friend, ||| ||| Trenton State College || I'm not your only friend, ||| ||| FROST@TRENTON.EDU || But I'm a little glowing friend||| |||---------------------------------|| But really I'm not actually ||| ||| C'mon, get happy!!!!!!!!!!!! || your friend, ||| ||| -Partrige Family Theme || But I am! -TMBG, "Birdhouse ||| ||| || "In Your Soul" ||| <_>--------------------------------<__>---------------------------------<_> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:16:03 -0600 (CST) From: The Artist Formerly known as Joe Subject: Re: big hot steamy thing On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, David Tweet wrote: > Who here has a favorite John? Anyone at the Portland, OR show? Flansburg > ended it by jumping up and down on his guitar!! Kool! A Favorite John? How could you ask someone to chose thier favorite John. That's Just Plain Wrong. My Oppinion Joe ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:25:32 -0600 (CST) From: The Artist Formerly known as Joe Subject: Re: Dec. 30 concert at the Troc On Sun, 26 Nov 1995, Andrew Ross wrote: > Here's a URL for more info on the Dec. 30 TMBG concert in Philadelphia... > > http://www.ticketmaster.com:80/events/NR/PA/NONSPORTS/CONCERTS/THEY_MIGHT_BE > _GIANTS/ > > It's at the Trocadero, 10th and Arch Streets, which is just on the edge of > Center City. I've never been to that exact intersection, but Center City is > a pretty safe place. I mean, you're probably going to get panhandled, but > so what. > > &REW Any Word on any shows within an 80 mile radius of Chicago. I've never been and would seel my sister into prostitution to go. Sorry you didn't need to hear that. Well let me know. Joe ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:19:01 -0800 (PST) From: Marvin the Unreal Subject: Re: SenSurround How about this (since the problem you've presented seems to deal mainly with cosmetics)...buy the album...and then remove the insert with MMPR's visages on it. Photocopy a picture of They or something equally inspiring and cut it to size so that it replaces the offending paper. If you encounter the same problem on the back, it is simplicity itself to remove the place where the CD is held and remove the paper you find there. Replace with another inspiring picture. Voila! No problem. Marvin of 41 On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Wakko wrote: > Does anyone know a way that I can get SenSurround without having to buy > the Power Rangers soundtrack? Not that I'm knocking the album itself, > it's just that I refuse to own anything that has the PR's picture on it. > (I have a younger cousin that has made me completely sick of the whole PR > world by immersing himself in it. ;( ) > > Any advice is accepted!! > 'Nette ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 13:40:19 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: SenSurround > How about this (since the problem you've presented seems to deal > mainly with cosmetics)...buy the album...and then remove the insert with > MMPR's visages on it. Photocopy a picture of They or something equally > inspiring and cut it to size so that it replaces the offending paper. If > you encounter the same problem on the back, it is simplicity itself to > remove the place where the CD is held and remove the paper you find > there. Replace with another inspiring picture. Voila! No problem. Well, I don't think this is a cosmetic problem, I think its an ethic problem. If you buy the album, then you would still be supporting the Power Rangers. I only found two solustions. 1) Wait for Freaksickle (haha) or 2) Have someone copy it for you. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:46:56 -0500 From: ae333@freenet.Buffalo.EDU (Robin L. Connell) Subject: Hello... I just couldn't think of an exciting title for this week's rant... Hello all, David A. Meyerson wrote about TMBG being a force as a whole, and one isn't better than the other...that should be about the gist of it...I have to agree with what he wrote, but I still can't but help have a favortie John. I love tha band as a whole, but when it comes to sparets... ugh that's a bad spelling...separets...it's still bad, oh well I have a headache....I can't help but like Flansburgh more. I can't explain it, it just is...I seem to have this very calm, non-questioning attitude to my favorite John. I don't know I just like Flansburgh because he is just one cool guy. Though I do siuposses....uhg here we co again...suppose TMBG as a whole takes precidence over my love for the singular Flans.... Matt James It is nice to know that I'm not the only New Order/Joy Division fan around here..... I'm sorry but I gotta run y'all..Excuse the typos this week, I have a headache... Oh David..next year I'll send you some pumkni....pumkin pie (sorry my family ate it all already....:) Robin. "Waffle" - John Lydon -- --Robin Connell...College Radio Dj Supreme.....WBNY 91.3fm.....-- ---------------"Buffalo's Original Alternative."----------------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 13:28:25 +0000 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: IRC Chat Does anyone have or know the telnet address (if there is one) to IRC??? That would be very helpful. Thanks. :) Ana Ng ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 14:35:46 EST From: apf@caess12.caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: IRC Chat > Does anyone have or know the telnet address (if there is one) to IRC??? > That would be very helpful. Thanks. :) > > Ana Ng Well this might be old or outdated but it still might work (if I still rember the address) I think sci.dixie.edu port 6677 works. (Too bad that my stoopid fireware doesn't let me telnet into port 6677 without freaking out). ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 11:57:59 -0800 From: "Sean M. Bergeron" Subject: Re: IRC Chat At 02:35 PM 11/27/95 EST, you wrote: >> Does anyone have or know the telnet address (if there is one) to IRC??? >> That would be very helpful. Thanks. :) >> >> Ana Ng > >Well this might be old or outdated but it still might work (if I still rember the address) I think sci.dixie.edu port 6677 works. > > >(Too bad that my stoopid fireware doesn't let me telnet into port 6677 without freaking out). > > No...it doesn't work anymore...I tried it....you need a login name... --Big Blue Dog Forever----No Idiots Allowed Here-- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com Three things are sure in life: Death, Taxes, and Micro$oft. --My favorite color is clear--Leave me Alone-- ------------------------------ Subject: Re: IRC Chat Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 14:20:44 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Sean M. Bergeron: > >>> Does anyone have or know the telnet address (if there is one) to IRC??? >>> That would be very helpful. Thanks. :) >> >>Well this might be old or outdated but it still might work (if I still >rember the address) I think sci.dixie.edu port 6677 works. > >No...it doesn't work anymore...I tried it....you need a login name... This used to be a public telnet site for a different IRC net (DALnet or Undernet, I forget which). It's been gone for some time now. To my knowledge there are no publicly telnettable IRC clients out there anymore. However, if you are sadistic and speak the raw IRC protocol, you can always telnet directly to a server :) But seriously, if you are on a UNIX box, try just typing "irc" at the shell prompt. If you have a SLIP or PPP connection, get mIRC (for windows) or Homer or ircle for Mac. Use archie to find them (telnet archie.unl.edu, username and password "archie", then "prog mirc" or "prog homer" etc. to find them.) ============================================ Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu Chris Bongaarts My opinions are my own, http://umn.edu/~cab Univ. of Minnesota and they are right. CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) GCS d-- s:+ a21 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N++ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE+ Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.0] Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part. License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) Subject: Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 13:25:06 -0800 (PST) > Happy! I just got tix to see They Might Be Giants in Philly on Dec. 30!!! > Oh this is awesome! Anyone ging to that show? I couldn't figure out what the I am probably goin to it also! My dad lives in NJ and I am visiting him this Christmas. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm only 16 but I bear a striking resemblance to Fabio. j/k (JD) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 16:58:58 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: evil chuck. > From: MrJohnV@aol.com > Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 14:50:50 -0500 > Subject: MY favorite > > My fourth favorite John is myself...thank you > > I'd like to say that I'm hopping mad at my friend Chuck... > He has: > 1. broken my lava lamp > 2. stolen my girlfriend, twice > 3. beat up my dog > 4. "borrowed" my Giants discs and not returned them > If anyone has any torture suggestions for Chuck, lay 'em on me. silly me but a real THEY fan wouldn't do those things. how about beating him over the head with a pipe, dragging him out to the desert, pouring sugar water all over the area (below the belt), and let fire ants and scorpions devour him whole. if that sounds a little cruel, give me a few more years of practice and i will be able to strangle him with the FORCE. may the force be with you daniel (without my own account) meyerson ------------------------------ From: jeffk914@groucho.roc.servtech.com (Jeff Kyle) Subject: Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 23:07:02 GMT On Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:08:19 -0500 (EST), you wrote: >Just so you know - there's now a version of Why Does The Sun Shine? >floating around out there..... I had made it up and sent it to another >list member, Kevin G. Ask him for it - but when you do get it, could you >add a line on the file saying it was transposed by Jeanette and Dayv >Frost? (I forgot to do it before I sent it out. Oops! ;) ) Whenever I rewrite the page (man, am I overdue!), I'm going to put in as many credits as possible. >More MIDIs on the way!! I'm currently working on Ana Ng, and I want to >have Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head done before Christmas. Sounds great! Feel free to e-mail any of them to me, UUEed or MIMEd or whatever. I'll figure it out. :) >Share and enjoy!! Now THERE's a song for someone to transcribe - except that I'm probably one of the only people who has it on tape. :) (In a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio episode, the Sirius Cybernetics robots sing "Share and Enjoy." Pretty darn amusing. :) | Jeff Kyle jeffk914@groucho.roc.servtech.com | | Rochester, NY "Katarina" '75 Porsche 914 | | http://www.servtech.com/public/jeffk914 | | Car pictures, TMBG MIDI archive, and more! | | Someone's gotta say - "Free As a Bird" sucks. | ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson x722 Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 17:23:10 MST Subject: Sensurround on MMPR Soundtrack apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) wrote: Well, I don't think this is a cosmetic problem, I think its an ethic problem. If you buy the album, then you would still be supporting the Power Rangers. I only found two solustions. 1) Wait for Freaksickle (haha) or 2) Have someone co py it for you. Actually, there is a third solution, which avoids the ethical issue of solution #2: 3) Buy the CD at a used CD store. The previous owner supported MMPR, while the used CD purchase supports the store, and indirectly, the previous owner, and the state (via sales tax). ============================================================================= Russ Josephson RussJ@btc.adaptec.com "How come I can't see you in my mirror?" -- Tonio K "I took off the intellectuals, I put on They Must Be Giants" -- Anonymous ============================================================================= ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 20:56:30 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: Dec. 30 concert at the Troc On Sun, 26 Nov 1995, Andrew Ross wrote: > Here's a URL for more info on the Dec. 30 TMBG concert in Philadelphia... > > http://www.ticketmaster.com:80/events/NR/PA/NONSPORTS/CONCERTS/THEY_MIGHT_BE > _GIANTS/ > > It's at the Trocadero, 10th and Arch Streets, which is just on the edge of > Center City. I've never been to that exact intersection, but Center City is > a pretty safe place. I mean, you're probably going to get panhandled, but > so what. > > &REW > > The Troc is a safe place... honest. I've been to the exact intersection at the wee hours of the morning, and nothing happened to me; not even the slightest panhandle. In fact, I'm going back there on the 30th. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 20:29:16 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: TMBG MIDI archive adds Fingertips! >Now THERE's a song for someone to transcribe - except that I'm >probably one of the only people who has it on tape. :) >(In a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio episode, the Sirius >Cybernetics robots sing "Share and Enjoy." Pretty darn amusing. :) Why would ANYONE be caught without the BBC Hitchhiker's Radio Collection? Or a towel, for that matter? :-) "A big hello to all intelligent life forms out there! And to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys." +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:19:37 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: cowtown! And I quote from the pages of "Earthworm Jim", the comic book #1: "Welcome to COWTOWN!" I swear! And for anyone interrested... the Troc is a safe place to have a concert. So safe in fact, that my easily frightened mother is allowing my 14 year old brother and my 17 year old self to venture ALONE by way of Septa transit systems to attend the concert. Now if that doesn't show how safe it is, I don't know what will. lebo ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: cowtown! Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:31:56 -0500 (EST) > > I swear! And for anyone interrested... the Troc is a safe place to have > a concert. So safe in fact, that my easily frightened mother is allowing > my 14 year old brother and my 17 year old self to venture ALONE by way of > Septa transit systems to attend the concert. Now if that doesn't show > how safe it is, I don't know what will. Coolness, I like safe places, heck it can't be worse than DC. By the way I'm making the trip up and was wondering if I should just take the car or if a bus or train would be my best bet (coming from Baltimore)? Any ideas? --Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) Subject: Trouble with signature... Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 18:40:39 -0800 (PST) Listen TMBG fans, Feel pity for me. I Have been a fan for a good while now but I have only been a member of this E-mail list for a short while. Are there ANY nicknames from TMBG or whatever that are NOT being used? I mean, every character from every album is now the handle/address of an Internet subscriber. Is there hope? Help me out! I have to fake identity...Only the only God gave me.(Not to say I don't like me)... Joey Drago (JD) P.S. I'm ALREADY AT the Troc. (j/k) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 22:43:16 -0500 Subject: IRC From: grant3@usa.pipeline.com (Haskell E. Grant) Hey maybe one of you can help me over here. I know this has probably been asked about a hundred times but here it is again. What is the server name for the IRC chat on Wednesday nights and is the channel still #tmbg or was it #cowtown? I can't remember, but if someone could please help me it would be most appreciated. thank you Mr. Klaw.... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 22:13:34 -0600 (CST) From: Fenchurch Subject: cowtown hi there. i've been on the list a bit now, a silent member as yet, but the time has come to speak out. the necessity arises because of a message concerning "Cowtown", as the sub- ject header would indicate. what is cowtown about, anyway? does it refer in any way to my birthplace, fort worth, tx, "where the west begins", "cowtown"... the cow beneath the sea would seem to be a manatee, but hmm. any interpreta- tions? fenchurch, of the university of houston, with any luck (and free money) to be of the university of texas at austin. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:34:27 +0200 From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: Was: Re: Trouble with signature(is now:Yet another guy griping about names...) > Feel pity for me. I Have been a fan for a good while now but I >have only been a member of this E-mail list for a short while. Are there >ANY nicknames from TMBG or whatever that are NOT being used? I mean, >every character from every album is now the handle/address of an Internet >subscriber. Personally, I take it as a personal slander everytime that someone whines about too many Rabid Child's or tmbg-char named 'netters, I have been the Rabid Child for many years, and am so in real life as well. I did not do this for anyone else, I am not copycatting, and I WAS HERE FIRST!!!!! That said, I don't think that I've heard of a Chess Piece Face in a good long while, and I need someone to say hammer down...also, I'm pretty sure that there has never been a 'Cow beneath the sea' or a Mr. DJ...hmmm...what about 'folk family'?...or, hey, here's an Idea...go for some originality!!! Like "Sexy Kneecap Man" or something...being out of style is out of style... -Rabid Child * * * * * * * * * * _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 20:31:25 -0800 (PST) From: Marvin the Unreal Subject: Re: Trouble with signature... Nicknames that haven't been used to my knowledge: Mr. Klaw Mr. DJ The Famous Person Filthy Scarecrow Little Bottle Son of God (probably not the best to adopt....) I (as in I'll Sink Manhattan, I've Got a Match, I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die, and I Should Be Allowed to Think) :) Absolutely Bill Old What's His Name Mighty Zombie Weasel Overcome The Greek Guy Purple Toupee Piece of Dirt Snowball in Hell Marvin of 41 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 23:58:29 -0500 (EST) From: iris Subject: Re: cowtown > time has come to speak out. > the necessity arises because of a message concerning "Cowtown", as the sub- > ject header would indicate. > what is cowtown about, anyway? does it refer in any way to my birthplace, > fort worth, tx, "where the west begins", "cowtown"... > the cow beneath the sea would seem to be a manatee, but hmm. any interpreta- > tions? i really just don't know, but the song does mention, i think "the yellow rose" which might be in reference to the song, "The Yellow Rose of Texas". but then again, i might be messing up the lyrics and i might be looking like a true dolt right now.... ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ "We could be sleeping in the flowers, we could sleep all afternoon, you'd proclaim that you're an island, I proclaim that I'm one too." -They Might Be Giants aimee "grace" pflieger apfliege@indiana.edu "There goes everyone into the world but I, and I am sunburnt." -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 01:03:19 -0600 (CST) From: "Francesca Parker" Subject: Re: TMBDating On Tue, 21 Nov 1995 18:41:15 Ray Grabeel wrote: >On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Frankenberry wrote: >> Lebo... you really need help. Listen, I know this person who'll >> give you the best in dating tips, story-telling, and how to get your >> hair cut like Jonothan Chaffer's. Just e-mail him at rlg@metronet.com >> and the results will surprise every John, John, and Harry. > > Stephen, you shmuck!! I *told* you I wanted to keep this address a > secret! And here you go, posting it to a mailing list of who knows how > many people. Don't do that again. I use that other address to post for > a reason, you know. *This* address is supposed to be *confidential*, so > don't go posting it again! Thank you. And sorry to get angry, but you > know how important this is. wait a minute...you aren't Ray Grabeel, like *the* Ray Grabeel, are you? Ray Grabeel, the (non-flans) gentleman playing the guitar in the 'they'll need a crane' video? omigosh! that's so cool that you read the list!! so, do you have any cool stories about working with the johns? was it fun making that video? like, how much did they tell you guys what to do? or did you make it all up on your own? I love that video - it's so funny, especially you guys in the background. :-) I know I'd love to hear about anything you wanted to tell, and I'll bet I'm not the only one....wow. gosh. this is so cool. okay...what else? well, I have another suggestion for Jeanette, in her quest to surgically improve the power rangers sndtrk (since she said specifically that it's "Not that I'm knocking the album itself, it's just that I refuse to own anything that has the PR's picture on it," I'm going to agree with marvin that this was a cosmetic dilema, not a moral one). after removing the offensive covers (front and back), I also painted the actual disc - yessir. since the cd player reads off the bottom, you can cover the top (that's why so many of them have nifty designs) - and actually, the paint (or whatever you choose to use) can be fairly thick. I wouldn't recommend smearing a layer of peanut butter on there, but mine ended up bathed in a fairly thick layer of enamel paint (I had to to cover the lovely decorations that were already on the thing). it's either that, or gather courage and be patient. good luck either way... and bear with me now, as I travel back in time...a while ago I started a post that I never sent and parts of which I would now like to pass along anyway.... Ben or Been (#1 fan or faan) bemoaned: > So, Persephone has won the "Name the JH-Girl" contest. That voids the > previous winner from my original contest. (That's okay, the Digest died > before the deadline last time.) Persephone is fine. I kinda somehow like > "The John Henry Girl." It befits her better. maybe you should spark up your voting booth again, beenavil. just a thought. finally, a lot of people have been writing in with testimony as to various problems with dial-a-song, and I thought I'd just throw in a really basic point which I don't think anyone has mentioned explicitly, which is that they replaced all of the das equipment sometime this summer (I don't remember if it was early or late). so it was basically down all summer, and then, even then it would be up for a day and then disappear again, etc. I wasn't charting it's movements (though I was in a local area code), so my point is only that if you either get an endless ring, or you get a busy signal every time, even after calling repeatedly and/or at odd hours, it may just be down again. presumably all the bugs have been worked out by now, but who knows. and I wouldn't want you to be waiting, alone and confused, in the darkness of your own skull. whew! check out the length on *that* baby. I better hit the road before they give me my own zip code. and give my love to eunice the fruit-bat. sugar & spice, franny. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 02:21:00 -0500 (EST) From: fkoiner1@ic3.ithaca.edu Subject: Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! well, someone i asked here at school from near Philly said it (Trocadero) was in Chinatown--he didn't seem overly concerned w/crime...(i.e. your car probably won't be stolen!) FLK oh, and he said not to take the transit systems late at night unless with a large group, or a few who REALLY know what's up with that...) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 02:21:43 -0500 (EST) From: fkoiner1@ic3.ithaca.edu Subject: Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! by the way, I'm from about an hour from Philly, and am also thinking about going--are the tickets going fast? FLK ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-79 *****************************