Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-80 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 80 Wednesday, 29 November 1995 Today's Topics: Re: Trouble with signature... Re: cowtown Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! Re: Trouble with signature... Re: Trouble with signature... Re: Trouble with signature... Re: cowtown Re: cowtown Re: Trouble with signature... trocadero That Trocadero Thingie.... nicknames Re: That Trocadero Thingie.... Names Re: nicknames Re: That Trocadero Thingie Re: nicknames hawaii, alaska you asked for it... what about me? nicknames Re: nicknames ae333@freenet.Buffalo.edu XTC trib flparker@midway.uchicago.edu Joe Jackson Re: nicknames No more trouble TMBG in Philly Re: nicknames Re: No more trouble Up Chuck Space Ghost Re: nicknames Re:james k polk thing re: hello Re:james k polk thing nicknames re: hello brown eyed pickle boy Ana Ng Re: No more trouble Re: Ana Ng Re: brown eyed pickle boy re: hello Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 07:22:44 -0500 Subject: Re: Trouble with signature... From: grant3@usa.pipeline.com (Haskell E. Grant) You Said >Nicknames that haven't been used to my knowledge: Mr. Klaw Mr. DJ The Famous Person Filthy Scarecrow Little Bottle Son of God (probably not the best to adopt....) I (as in I'll Sink Manhattan, I've Got a Match, I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die, and I Should Be Allowed to Think) :) Absolutely Bill Old What's His Name Mighty Zombie Weasel Overcome The Greek Guy Purple Toupee Piece of Dirt Snowball in Hell Sorry to bother you but maybe you've never seen anything from me but I've already got dibbs on Mr. Klaw. Mr. Klaw.... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 08:29:25 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: cowtown >what is cowtown about, anyway? does it refer in any way to my birthplace, >fort worth, tx, "where the west begins", "cowtown"... >the cow beneath the sea would seem to be a manatee, but hmm. any interpreta- >tions? Of course, at the TMBGIA. Point your browser to: http://www.tmbg.org/interp/lincoln/c.html for the Cowtown interps so far. As always, if you have something to add to what's there, mail me. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 09:44:46 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: happy happy JOY JOY!!! > > Happy! I just got tix to see They Might Be Giants in Philly on Dec. 30!!! > > Oh this is awesome! Anyone ging to that show? I couldn't figure out what the > > > I am probably goin to it also! My dad lives in NJ and I am > visiting him this Christmas. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm only 16 but I > bear a striking resemblance to Fabio. j/k > I'm going for sure. I finally convinced my mom that it wasn't a bad neighborhood, so its gonna be a nice road trip for us down here (in MD). (Unless anyone knows how to take a train up there) {But driving is much funner} ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 09:50:53 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Trouble with signature... > From tmbg-list-owner@tmbg.org Mon Nov 27 21:52:07 1995 > From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) > Subject: Trouble with signature... > Feel pity for me. I Have been a fan for a good while now but I > have only been a member of this E-mail list for a short while. Are there > ANY nicknames from TMBG or whatever that are NOT being used? I mean, > every character from every album is now the handle/address of an Internet > subscriber. Well I've never seen a Triangle Man, Universe Man, Person Man or Hotel Detective yet. If thats what you mean. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 10:00:05 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: Trouble with signature... > Nicknames that haven't been used to my knowledge: > Mr. Klaw > Mr. DJ > The Famous Person > Filthy Scarecrow > Little Bottle > Son of God (probably not the best to adopt....) > I (as in I'll Sink Manhattan, I've Got a Match, I Hope That I Get Old > Before I Die, and I Should Be Allowed to Think) :) > Absolutely Bill > Old What's His Name > Mighty Zombie > Weasel Overcome > The Greek Guy > Purple Toupee > Piece of Dirt > Snowball in Hell > Oh yeah, I've also never seen a Mr. Horrible or an Ugliness Man (Ugliness Men), and its been a while since I've listened to flood (my sister still has it), but I think there was a mention to Frosty the Supervisor (or something like that) in hearing aid. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 10:04:05 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Trouble with signature... > Feel pity for me. I Have been a fan for a good while now but I > have only been a member of this E-mail list for a short while. Are there > ANY nicknames from TMBG or whatever that are NOT being used? I mean, > every character from every album is now the handle/address of an Internet > subscriber. You could call yourself "Pink" and have flame wars with "Blue Dog." :-) +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 10:08:12 -0500 (EST) From: Wakko Subject: Re: cowtown Iris- > i really just don't know, but the song does mention, i think "the yellow > rose" which might be in reference to the song, "The Yellow Rose of > Texas". but then again, i might be messing up the lyrics and i might be > looking like a true dolt right now.... > Well, not exactly a dolt - you're just missing a few syllables. It DOES say "the yellow rose", but "Rose" is the first syllable of "roosevelt". the complete line is "the yellow roosevelt avenue leaf overturned". But you do get an extra ten points for originality!!! :) Luv, 'Nette `'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'Jeanette`Frost`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun....." (Douglas Adams) .......from which came this mailer!!!! `'`'`'`'`'`'`'Trenton`State'College'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' "If the puppet head "Put Your Hand Inside Was only busted in the Puppet Head" It would be a better thing - TMBG - For everyone involved And we wouldn't have to cry" `'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'frost@trenton.edu'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 10:27:36 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: cowtown >Well, not exactly a dolt - you're just missing a few syllables. It DOES >say "the yellow rose", but "Rose" is the first syllable of "roosevelt". >the complete line is "the yellow roosevelt avenue leaf overturned". But >you do get an extra ten points for originality!!! :) Actually, there are two plays on words in this line. The yellow Roosevelt Avenue leaf overturned The yellow rose of Texas Roosevelt Avenue new leaf overturned I'm going to add stuff like this to the TMBGIA when I get the chance. Keep your eyes open. +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 11:06:32 -0500 (EST) From: iris Subject: Re: Trouble with signature... > You Said > >Nicknames that haven't been used to my knowledge: > Mr. Klaw > Mr. DJ and some other stuff > Absolutely Bill > Old What's His Name and some other stuff > Sorry to bother you but maybe you've never seen anything from me but I've > already got dibbs on Mr. Klaw. > > Mr. Klaw.... and sometimes i use absolutely bill's mood. but not very often. well, not for about a month. but i still claim it. -aims ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 11:49 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: trocadero hey, i saw pavement at the trocadero and also guided by voices. its a nice plac e. used to be a burlesque theater (thats a nudie bar to you and me). anyhoo, it s in a pretty ok section of philly, not too far from south street. see ya all a t the show. is anybody from lambda MOO going to the show? perhaps we can meet? well, bye. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 12:06:56 -0500 From: ae333@freenet.Buffalo.EDU (Robin L. Connell) Subject: That Trocadero Thingie.... Hello There! Crow T. Robot reporting...boy, I am feeling chipper today. About this whole Trocadero thing, I'm sure it is safe but everyone don't forget to carry protection just in case. A large puppet head and harpoon gun should do the trick. Ahh levity. My mom used to think the ICON (now sadly a carribe an) dance club) in buffalo was safe. Till this crazed guy that was in a wheelchair tried to get in our car. After that she would never pick me up from there again. TMBG played the ICON once, the place was packed (I couldn't get in.... damn....my sister did tho) in fact it was so packed people hung out outside the club just to hear the band. I was very upset about missing this show...I will see them sooner or later..As god is my witness.... Rabid Child!!! Don't be upset, I don't think he meant it personally... I myself would pick the Mr. Dj title...but I am not a mister, I also happen to like my name. The demon dogs are nknocking at the window, so I must go... Robin "snowball in hell" Connell "23 bucks to get in, huzzah my BUTT!" -TV's Frank -- --Robin Connell...College Radio Dj Supreme.....WBNY 91.3fm.....-- ---------------"Buffalo's Original Alternative."----------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 12:18:59 EST From: MYSTERIOUS WAYS Subject: nicknames I don't think that Jason and the Argonauts has been used either. What about Hot Cha? Hypnotist (of ladies)? Hope some of these help tim ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 12:24:03 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: That Trocadero Thingie.... > Till this crazed guy that was in a > wheelchair tried to get in our car. After that she would never pick me up > from there again. Was he cenile or a carjacker. If he was cenile it musta be funny as shit. > > TMBG played the ICON once, the place was packed (I couldn't get in.... > damn....my sister did tho) in fact it was so packed people hung out > outside the club just to hear the band. I was very upset about missing > this show...I will see them sooner or later..As god is my witness.... Go to the one in PA if you can. You better buy tickets now before all the people on my BBS do :) Is this Trocadero a big place? I've never been there. > --Robin Connell...College Radio Dj Supreme.....WBNY 91.3fm.....-- Humm, Connell, I used to know a Sarah Connell, but I take it there's no relation? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 12:04:15 -0600 (CST) From: The Artist Formerly known as Joe Subject: Names I've only been on this list since the begining of the semester but here are some names I've thought of. (If you have already staked claim to one of these accept my appologies). Blue Canary The Guy Who Hit you in the Eye James Ensor The Man ei The man I had recently killed Martin X England-You could declare that you are england Experimental Dog Salivating Dog Good Dog Bent Metal or FLaming Wreck Your Racist Friend The Only dust my mother Raised Joe ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 10:02:39 -0800 (PST) From: "'Alejandro' Joseph Koenen" Subject: Re: nicknames Martin X, President Johnson, The King of Cuba, Selma, Daddy(sang bass) The Big Toulousse, Folk Mother/Father, Deputy Dog, No. 3, My Dog (which by youth culture was killed.), A Guy Made of Dots and Lines, The Modern Day Troubador, Angel (which one might follow), The Man in Charge, The Secretary, Gal, Lad, Jim Beam, Other Gals, Love, Happiness, The Crane, The Pencil Rain, Little Bottle, The Pill, Cage, Aquarium, Curtis Blow, The Eurythmics, Olive Oil, Dollar Sign Eyes, The Replacement, Tommy, Girl From Venus, Sullen Moon, Mr. Jesus, Son of God, Blue Thing, New Friend (which under a pillow mighht be found) Dirk Bike, NyQuil, Subject: Re: That Trocadero Thingie Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 13:04:23 -0500 (EST) > > TMBG played the ICON once, the place was packed (I couldn't get in.... > > damn....my sister did tho) in fact it was so packed people hung out > > outside the club just to hear the band. I was very upset about missing > > this show...I will see them sooner or later..As god is my witness.... > Go to the one in PA if you can. You better buy tickets now before all the people on my BBS do :) That might be kind of far drive from Buffalo to Philly... But heck I'd probably make a trip to Buffalo to see Them if I had tix and transportation! > > Is this Trocadero a big place? I've never been there. That's a good question. It sounds like a bar or club and it's probably small. > > > > --Robin Connell...College Radio Dj Supreme.....WBNY 91.3fm.....-- > > Humm, Connell, I used to know a Sarah Connell, but I take it there's no relation? Maybe she's a member of the Connells...do you sing that song Slackjaw Robin? ;) (and what was that other pretty good song by the Connells? hmm *ponder*) -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 10:11:18 -0800 (PST) From: "'Alejandro' Joseph Koenen" Subject: Re: nicknames On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, 'Alejandro' Joseph Koenen wrote: > born), The monkey(which--- might do---, but is regrettably, currently in a > state of metabological suspension known colloquially as death), Not only might it do, but it would assuredly see. God, I hate being Sloppy when I'm being pompous, and fan-boy-er than thou. The ever flawed, _______________________________________________________________ | | | | | | | | | | | | | _______| | | _______| _______| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | _______| |_______ | _______| |_______ | | | | | | | | |___________|___________|_____|_____|___________|___________|___________| Joe Koenen weasel@u.washingtopn.edu ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: hawaii, alaska Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 13:13:51 -0500 (EST) Does anyone know if the Giants have ever played in Hawaii or Alaska? Or some other less traveled states like Montana, Idaho, New Mexico, South Dakota or such? I think my goal is to see them in every state if possible, this New Years will make 4 (if you count DC) Maryland, Virginia, and PA. --Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 11:40:00 -0600 From: brown-eyed pickle boy Subject: you asked for it... At 08:29 AM 11/28/95 -0600, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: >As always, if you have something to add to >what's there, mail me. whew!! had to dig into the REALLY OLD archives for this one! (Thanks to paul swan for his help). >Date: Sat, 5 Nov 1994 15:46:31 -0600 (CST) >From: Brooks Ann Camper >To: They Might Be Giants >Subject: The end of the Tour > > >Ask me now I understand the words that John has said.... > >I have never had an experience quite like last night when i realized what >"The End Of The Tour" is about. It is the absolute saddest song I have >ever heard in my life. I cried for over an hour listening to it. > >It is about a horrible car crash and a man's struggle to forgive himself >for killing a car full of teenagers. It actually was not his fault >because the girls were drunk driving but ever since the incidnt he has >brutally blamed himself. He is finally finding the first bit of hope >toward recovery from the horrible wreck that he was involved in. > >Listen to the words.... > >There was a beautiful teenage girl who was at a party, under the influence >of drugs or alcohol. She became bored of the party so she decided she >could drive; she thought that she was able to "see herself". She takes >her friends and they drive out on I-91. The man is driving also and it's >late; he is distracted by many things. When on the overpass, he is hit. >His car is mereley dented but the other car bursts into flames and the >girls are killed. He watched the police take the bodies out. He saw how >beautiful the children were and was scarred by this completely. > >During the song he refers to the family of the beautiful girl and the >horror that they must have felt when the police knocked on the door to >tell them they had lost their child. He also breaks into the nursery type >lyric about watching the police pull the bodies from the car. > >He has blamed himself for the wreck from the beginning, but he has been >ruining himself with it and finally decides to turn to God who helps him >out. He finally finds a peace within himself saying that at the end of >his life, if anyone will forgive him, he will meet the girl in heaven and >appologize. Until then he must endure his own life, but one day he will >be in heaven to ask for forgiveness. > >He is beginning to realize that it is not his fault and he must go on and >God has "let them go" for a reason. He will always be haunted by the >experience and will never be the same. And he's never going to tour again. > >There is actually a lot more I could say about the song but I just wanted >to share my experience. > >It is incredible. Thank you John. > >Brooks Ann Camper > > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 13:41:55 -0500 (EST) From: Copy shop clerk Subject: what about me? okay, i hereby officially claim Copy shop clerk. i havent heard anyone mention it as of yet. shame on you all! :) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Your anger only makes me stronger!" Sara Smith -Aimee "Grace" Pflieger Indiana University :) sarsmith@othello.ucs.indiana.edu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 13:54:08 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: nicknames Hope you all don't mind, but I recently acquired (as in this morning, when I listened to Flood) the name "Frosty the Supervisor", mainly 'cause of my last name. Names I thought of - The Cow (a friend to me) James Esnor Daddy('ll sing bass) Hope it helps. 'Nette `'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'Jeanette`Frost`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun....." (Douglas Adams) .......from which came this mailer!!!! `'`'`'`'`'`'`'Trenton`State'College'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' "If the puppet head "Put Your Hand Inside Was only busted in the Puppet Head" It would be a better thing - TMBG - For everyone involved And we wouldn't have to cry" `'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'frost@trenton.edu'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 14:15:22 -0600 From: brown-eyed pickle boy Subject: Re: nicknames you know, there are other places to get nicknames besides TMBG (as is evidenced by the letter from "'Alejandro' Joseph Koenen" . for example, recently we've seen (leaving paul swan out of the list for a while, as he has 19 different names to date): Fenchurch, Mysterious Ways, the artist formerly known as (joe/aswan@tenet.edu/shadowman/etc. ad infinitum), Frankenberry (yes, it's tmbg related, but a VERY obscure reference for some), and mine, brown-eyed pickle boy. By the way my name's a reference to a particular (now top-40) band. figure out which one (shouldn't be hard for some of the denizens of the list), and win a prize of my choosing (probably somewhere around oh, say 200 points). end of line. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 15:40:14 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: ae333@freenet.Buffalo.edu > Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:46:56 -0500 > From: ae333@freenet.Buffalo.EDU (Robin L. Connell) > Subject: Hello... > > Oh David..next year I'll send you some pumkni....pumkin pie (sorry > my family ate it all already....:) > > Robin. > thank you. when i take over the world, you and your family will be spared. may the force be with you daniel meyerson ------------------------------ From: salad shooter Subject: XTC trib Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 15:44:26 EST Does anyone else think that joe jackson doing statue of liberty on the xtc tribute is totally smokin'? does anyone know anything else about joe jackson that they wouldn't mind sharing? i noticed that in the christmas mailing he was specifically mentioned in the capsule on the album. is there some connection lurking between tmbg and joe jackson (who i assume is not as shoeless as the original)? farside ps i refuse to call anyone by a nickname that they have made up themselves. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 15:47:38 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: flparker@midway.uchicago.edu > > Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 01:03:19 -0600 (CST) > From: "Francesca Parker" > Subject: Re: TMBDating i couldn't help but notice that you go to the University of Chicago. I am applying there and i will hear from them concerning my admissions in about 2 weeks (WHO'S NERVOUS??!?! I'M NOT NERVOUS!!!), anyway i was wondering if you could tell me about the place (relative coolness, stuff to do, people to see, availability of TMBG concerts, etc.). and this may seem a bit forward but do ya think you'd be able to show me around the place if i come up ( i'd feel much more comfortable with a fellow TMBGer). may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Joe Jackson Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 17:25:14 -0500 (EST) > > Does anyone else think that joe jackson doing statue of liberty on the xtc > tribute is totally smokin'? does anyone know anything else about joe jackson > that they wouldn't mind sharing? i noticed that in the christmas mailing > he was specifically mentioned in the capsule on the album. is there some > connection lurking between tmbg and joe jackson (who i assume is not as > shoeless as the original)? I bloody like it. Get Night and Day or Look Sharp by Joe Jackson, two excellent albums that I have heard as a friend of mine has some of his albums. Night and Day has the classic 'Steppin' Out' and Look Sharp has Time (that song that Anthrax covered, don't worry he's nothing like anthrax) and it has Is She Really Going Out With Him. Cool tunes. --Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 15:01:51 -0800 (PST) From: Chewbacca! What a Wookie! Subject: Re: nicknames On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, brown-eyed pickle boy wrote: > > By the way my name's a reference to a particular (now top-40) band. figure > out which one (shouldn't be hard for some of the denizens of the list), and > win a prize of my choosing (probably somewhere around oh, say 200 points). > > Switch to Green Tamborine!!! My .sig is a bigger TMBG fan than yours!! Jason Weiner # "In other words, Dad, I'm suffering from Stanford University # ...from...ROCKINEUMONIA and the BOOGIE- discord@leland.stanford.edu # WOOGIE BLUES." - Binckely, Bloom County ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) Subject: No more trouble Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 15:10:44 -0800 (PST) Thank you all for helping me find myself. I never realized but I used to sign with a mere: (JD) when I could have signed with : (DJ) ! So, from now on I am MR. DJ! I mean my real name is Joey Drago. ro ae gy o ======================================================= M M RRRRRRR DDDDDD JJJJJJJJ MM MM R R D D JJ M M M M RRRRRRR D D JJ M M M M R R D D J JJ M M M M R R D D J JJ M M M R R .. DDDDDD JJJJJJJJoey Drago You're not taping this are you? --Remix of I.N.C. ======================================================= ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 18:37:45 -0600 (CST) From: Lokshin Michael S Subject: TMBG in Philly Any Giant-heads indiginous (spelling?) to Philadelphia? I'm thinking of making the trek to the show all the way from central Illinois and I would be totally lost in Philly. Are there any cheap youth hostel type places or really safe parking lots where we can sleep in our van without constantly thinking of James Jordan? Help me and I'll bring you an ear of corn. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 20:03:50 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: nicknames Don't forget The Puppet Head. Hey wait, I like it I'll use that one! > Martin X, President Johnson, The King of Cuba, Selma, Daddy(sang bass) > The Big Toulousse, Folk Mother/Father, Deputy Dog, No. 3, My Dog (which > by youth culture was killed.), A Guy Made of Dots and Lines, The Modern > Day Troubador, Angel (which one might follow), The Man in Charge, The > Secretary, Gal, Lad, Jim Beam, Other Gals, Love, Happiness, The Crane, > The Pencil Rain, Little Bottle, The Pill, Cage, Aquarium, Curtis Blow, > The Eurythmics, Olive Oil, Dollar Sign Eyes, The Replacement, Tommy, Girl > >From Venus, Sullen Moon, Mr. Jesus, Son of God, Blue Thing, New Friend > (which under a pillow mighht be found) Dirk Bike, NyQuil, here) aka Driver, John Henry(he had a hammer)[swung it mighty fine], > Grocery Bag/Bag of Groceries(which from a shelf to soon removed, might be > returned), Bippy(John's cat), John, I Might Be (a sexual/mental/spiritual/ > metabological) Giant, Sea Mother (of the boy which in the lighthouse was > born), The monkey(which might do, but is regrettably, currently in a > state of metabological suspension known colloquially as death), Boxcar > 32, footstep 31,(I refuse to explore every possibility here, but ther are > at least 32), Squirrel (for which this life is[from the Walt Kelly's Pogo > Songbook]), Abe(Lincoln), Grandad (Linnel/Flansburg{Which are depicted on > the cover of _Lincoln_, the album}), Acordian Boy, the Log(and early > instrument), Joe Franklin(a variety show host in NYC who to the giants, > their fist break gave.) ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) Subject: Re: No more trouble Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 19:17:10 -0800 (PST) > Look! over there, it's a white tornado! > Joey, or rather, Mr. DJ, before you attempt to claim the name and its corr. > .sig, you may wish to check the kerning on your .sig...just a thought... > -Rabid Child Eventhouh wha youareprobablytryingto tell me is important, I sincerely do not understa. Please explain what is wrong. I would really appreciate it. ======================================================= M M RRRRRRR DDDDDD JJJJJJJJ MM MM R R D D JJ M M M M RRRRRRR D D JJ M M M M R R D D J JJ M M M M R R D D J JJ M M M R R .. DDDDDD JJJJJJJJoey Drago You're not taping this are you? --Remix of I.N.C. ======================================================= ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 17:23:12 +1200 From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael Carr) Subject: Up Chuck > I'd like to say that I'm hopping mad at my friend Chuck... >> He has: >> 1. broken my lava lamp >> 2. stolen my girlfriend, twice >> 3. beat up my dog >> 4. "borrowed" my Giants discs and not returned them >> If anyone has any torture suggestions for Chuck, lay 'em on me. > >How about making him try on these pants so the ugliness man can decide if >he's just as embarrasing as...etc...? Or balance this glass of milk where his visitor friend accidentally was killed... OR If you don't like the song 'someone keeps moving my chair, and I don't really to tell the truth, you can: 1. collect the goopy remians of your lava lamp and put it in a shampoo bottle and leave it in his shower.. 2. Convince an ex-girlfriend of his to pretend she's outed herself as a lesbian (or to tell him she's pregnant) 3. Get a trained killer rottie 4. um....set fire to his gouse and then when he says his home was burnt to the ground, you can say " yes, yes that's all very nice but where are my They Might Be Giants CDs?" **Part Two: Does anyone have some tour dates for the other better cleaner nicer summery newer bigger better faster more, etc. southern hemisphere? They were hetre last year methinks but I didn't know they existed then...and I'd love to see them in concert'n'stuff bye *************************************************** "I'm not unstable, I'm a TEENAGER!!" - Animaniacs +=+=+=+=+=+ Michael Carr (email: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz) University Of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand Where Our Motto Is: "I'm So Slap Happy Stanley" *************************************************** ------------------------------ From: Barteaux@aol.com Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 00:20:42 -0500 Subject: Space Ghost Last week someone wrote about seeing they might be giants referenced in the credits of ghost planet. it's true. the credits list what different people did for the show and it says "they might be giants made beautiful music". if you listen to the music on the program, you can hear pieces of "no one knows my plan". bart 'i oviously have too much time on my hands' black ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 00:38:02 -0500 (EST) From: The Sage One Subject: Re: nicknames Just call me John!... :) ______________________________________________________________________________ "After all the feelings go, I see I still love you so. Just thought I'd let you know, now that everything's ok." -Faith No More ~Stick~ *Chris MacLeod* "The Sage One" ______________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: Barteaux@aol.com Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 01:07:48 -0500 Subject: Re:james k polk thing >This Person isn't J.K.Polk, it's William Allen White, a newspaper >writer/publisher from much earlier years (i.e., early 20th or late 19th >century). I don't know if it was or wasn't james k polk, but wasn't he president in 1844, in the mid 19th century. bart ------------------------------ From: Barteaux@aol.com Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 01:08:20 -0500 Subject: re: hello >Matt James It is nice to know that I'm not the only New Order/Joy Division >fan around here..... count me in. bart would someone tell me what WLSD is. is it a radio station? if so, where? and what is it's significance? i live out on the left coast where the stations begin with k. such as KROQ. someone put me in the know. ignorently, bart ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re:james k polk thing Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 02:11:56 -0500 (EST) > > >This Person isn't J.K.Polk, it's William Allen White, a newspaper > >writer/publisher from much earlier years (i.e., early 20th or late 19th > >century). > > I don't know if it was or wasn't james k polk, but wasn't he president in > 1844, in the mid 19th century. Inded he was! He was the prez. with the slogan "54-40 or Fight!" referring to the lattitudes from Oregan country to the Mexican border. He fought the British to make Oregon part of the U.S. and not British or Canadian. Other tidbits: The place of the nominating convention for Polk's election was in Baltimore!! (whoo ho) and he was the first Prez. not to run for re-election. He also acquired California. --End of history lesson --Matt PS9: "I'm not your enemy, Ming is. Let's all team up and fight him!" -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 00:18:07 -0600 (CST) From: Fenchurch Subject: nicknames definitely curtis blow - "It's HARD" "fenny7" ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: re: hello Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 02:16:17 -0500 (EST) > > >Matt James It is nice to know that I'm not the only New Order/Joy Division > >fan around here..... > > count me in. Yah for that! > > bart > > > would someone tell me what WLSD is. > is it a radio station? if so, where? and what is it's significance? > i live out on the left coast where the stations begin with k. such as KROQ. > someone put me in the know. Ok Black Bart..err *cough* excuse me I think WLSD was just made up by the Johns for the play on words (or drugs in this case) there. I doubt there is really a WLSD (if there was it'd probably be in San Fran. but they start with K's there ;) And speaking of stations beginning with W or K, didn't somebody mention a radio station in NYC that began with a K? How is this possible, if K stations don't start until ya get west of the Mississippi (or wherever the line is)? I've only heard of W stations around here, WBAL and WHFS being two of the biggest in these parts. --Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu Loyola College, or elrond@charm.net "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box--U.S. synthpop claim to fame | Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 00:34:33 -0600 (CST) From: Fenchurch Subject: brown eyed pickle boy maybe you should try the nickname "pet snake named after him", blue-eyed pickle boy. and My nickname is legit, given to me by "Your Royal Highness Cliff Layne" in the mad nametag wars at the arlington tx discovery zone, by the leader of the (oops, not THE leader, just A leader) of the Tino-Tonian front, which eventu- ally conquered the ever so much more powerful TODD front. fenny7 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 01:35:34 -0500 (EST) From: The Sage One Subject: Ana Ng Does anyone know if the bridge in Ana Ng actuall exists somewhere? Obviously some loyal fan has taken it upon themself to make a bridge like that. But is there an orginal, and where?? "I don't want to be first in line to see the missing head, so the line has a missing head." ______________________________________________________________________________ "After all the feelings go, I see I still love you so. Just thought I'd let you know, now that everything's ok." -Faith No More ~Stick~ *Chris MacLeod* "The Sage One" ______________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: joeyd@netcom.com (joseph drago) Subject: Re: No more trouble Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 22:40:45 -0800 (PST) > >=======================================================well, perarps its only > >me or Eudora here, but the type in your .sig does not seem to fit together > >very well...IE the J looks like a wierd F etc... > -Rabid Child > (Try mailing yourself if you don't get that effect, or mail some > mail-friend, and ask them if it looks ko...) I get it. The _drawing_ looks dumb. I thought you meant that the name "Mr. DJ" was suddenly taken or to get the nod from the rest of the list or something. I'm retarded. (<--Courtesy of Tommy Boy) Mr. DJ (Still workin' on that damn sig) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 00:44:11 -0600 From: "Pop Heiress (dies)" Subject: Re: Ana Ng At 01:35 AM 11/29/95 -0500, you wrote: > >Does anyone know if the bridge in Ana Ng actuall exists somewhere? >Obviously some loyal fan has taken it upon themself to make a bridge like >that. But is there an orginal, and where?? > >"I don't want to be first in line to see the missing head, so the line >has a missing head." I have read somewhere that when they wrote the song, they were referring to a conversation that they had with someone, and that it was not an actual bridge. I've also read that they have infact seen several bridges bearing the message. they said that they see it as a compliment, while not encouraging graffiti... Congradulations on quoting Mrs. Train. not everyone realizes the super greatness of that song, it's good to see that others do besides just me... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 23:30:06 -0800 (PST) From: Chewbacca! What a Wookie! Subject: Re: brown eyed pickle boy On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Fenchurch wrote: > (oops, not THE leader, just A leader) of the Tino-Tonian front, which eventu- 'Tonian Hoods rock your lame ass!!!! My .sig is a bigger TMBG fan than yours!! Jason Weiner # "In other words, Dad, I'm suffering from Stanford University # ...from...ROCKINEUMONIA and the BOOGIE- discord@leland.stanford.edu # WOOGIE BLUES." - Binckely, Bloom County ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 02:45:05 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: re: hello Since you were curious about the radio call letters: Ok, here's the deal - the NY station mentioned was KRock, but the call letters are WXRK. That's all. It's a really cool classic rock station, which has the misfortune of featuring both Howard Stern and the Greaseman. They're both funny, but they take too much time away from the Rock & Roll. :) 'Nette `'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'Jeanette`Frost`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun....." (Douglas Adams) .......from which came this mailer!!!! `'`'`'`'`'`'`'Trenton`State'College'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' "If the puppet head "Put Your Hand Inside Was only busted in the Puppet Head" It would be a better thing - TMBG - For everyone involved And we wouldn't have to cry" `'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'frost@trenton.edu'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-80 *****************************