Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-83 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 83 Saturday, 2 December 1995 Today's Topics: Re: new years eve and soul coughing That nifty Apollo XVIII cover new years eve and soul coughing New Year Shows Re: New Year Shows frustrated... abrvs Re: New Year Shows Re: they cover christmas songs NYC Tramps TMBG MIDI Archive adds WDTSS... Re: a number of things Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 06:59:52 -0500 Subject: Re: new years eve and soul coughing Now which former members are those? Does antone know about these martinis? I'm curious... Oh and where in New England are you, I know of a few specialty CD stores in the New England area? ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 07:33:30 -0500 Subject: That nifty Apollo XVIII cover I think that if you haven't read Childhood's End by Arthur C.Clarke, you should... It's obviously a good choice, They took an image from it and put it on their album cover, does anyone need a better reason? Chuck left his CD's at my house on Wednesday, for those of you who have been following, being the nice guy that I am, I'm taping them, I won't steal any back because I know how much he loves them, but I am going to steal back my Weird Al discs. He won't be hurt by this and I miss them so. You see, that's how it all started... I started listening to Weird Al Yankovic and only Weird Al Yankovic. It was my cousin who let me borrow the first tape, my cousin who has since backed up all my musical taste and even given me a ride to a Giants show. So I got all the Weird Al tapes there were and even some records because I've always thought they were neat, because they're so big, and even the small ones can be made into nice ashtrays in the microwave. Then there was Al TV, when Al took over MTV, he played a Giants video, Statue Got Me High, I had heard the song before, at my cousins house, I had been listening to Giants for years at my cousins house, but now Al, my true God had said to me: "John, it is time to move on, you have been a close personal friend of Al for many years, and I thank you, and now I want you to listen to They Might Be Giants. and buy all there albums, oh, and beware of guys named Chuck" unfortunately I missed that last part... _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ "Celibacy is not hereditary" ][ Mr John V aka Stinky "I'm afraid I can't do that" - HAL 2000 ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: new years eve and soul coughing Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 09:21:07 -0500 (EST) > > i got tix to the first show at tramps!!! > 15 bucks plus service charge at ticketbastard.. > the martinis are opening which is supposedly yet more former members of the > pixies.. Who is in the Martinis? I liked the Pixies and I like Frank Black a lot but I can't stand that Kim Deal chick who was in that sucky band that sang that song Cannonball, I can't remember the name. Oh well, where's Frank when we need him? I think the Martinis are opening in Philly or am I wrong? (hopefully). Ya know I can't believe tickets are still on sale for the Philly and NYC shows. You'd think they'd be sold out by now! --Matt -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order|Elastica|Blur|Suede *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 01 Dec 1995 14:18:33 +0000 (GMT) From: "PHIL MOSS, JMU MARKETING OFFICER" Subject: New Year Shows Not fair! Not bloody fair! I really hate living 'across the pond' when all... well most.. of you are going on about which show to go to. Spare a thought for those of us who have NO CHANCE of seeing Them at New Year, and have to make do with boots or Live In NY. I am soooooo jealous of all of you going to the 2nd show on NYEve. If it is like Dallas last year, a whole 5 hours with Them is unreal. I hope for those that can go it is. That's it, but please think of us poor souls who can't make it over there for a wonderous NY party. phil PS. If They sung about a COFFEE shop clerk, that would be me. But They don't, so I'm not. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 10:45:23 -0600 (CST) From: Erik Swedberg Subject: Re: New Year Shows > I am soooooo jealous of all of you going to the 2nd show on NYEve. If it is > like Dallas last year, a whole 5 hours with Them is unreal. I hope for those > that can go it is. wait...2 years ago they played 2 shows in dallas and i saw both, but they were practically the same show -- at least they didn't have a vast time difference between each other -- so are you saying they played ANOTHER new years show last year in dallas which went on for 5 hrs. and i missed it?!?! erik ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 08:59:51 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: frustrated... How's this for frustrating? I found out yesterday that I will be going to NY for chrismas. The only problem is, I will be leaving a measly 48 HOURS before they play! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! so close, yet so very far. Liam ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 1 Dec 95 12:17 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: abrvs NO NO NO! DNT GT ME WRNG, I LV THE ABBRVS! BUT I WS CNFSD ABT ASCN. IT CLRLY SN DS LK JF SNGNG. PRHPS I SHLD HV MY EARS CHCKD? ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:23:25 -0600 (CST) From: Jennifer Elaine Klauke Subject: Re: New Year Shows On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, PHIL MOSS, JMU MARKETING OFFICER wrote: > Not fair! Not bloody fair! I really hate living 'across the pond' when all... > well most.. of you are going on about which show to go to. Spare a thought for > those of us who have NO CHANCE of seeing Them at New Year, and have to make do > with boots or Live In NY. I agree. It's cheezy to have to live far away from the east coast. They rarely play in Texas, and when They do, it's always in some distant city that people without cars can't get to. Nobody even plays TMBG on the radio in Houston. Ok, no, they're played on one show on the Public Radio station here, but it's at 1 on Monday mornings. We don't even get Dr. Demento in Houston. Ok. I'm sorry, I had to let that out. -Jenny, who's so far removed from culture that she thinks macaroni and cheese really DOES belong on the vegetable menu. ------------------------------ From: "Jennifer Parker" Organization: Agnes Scott College Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 15:03:24 EST Subject: Re: they cover christmas songs On 30 Nov 95 at 12:56, The Pez that stole christmas wrote: > OOOOOPs almost forgot two other xmas songs they should cover... > > Your a Mean one MR. GRINCH > And Ya-hoo Dor-ay > from how the grinch stole christmas > By an amazing coincidence, the opening band for the Atlanta shows last December did a cover of the Grinch song. It was pretty cool, but that was their only good song. Apparently they just can't write their OWN songs. And guess what? They were never heard fronm again. On a different matter, does any know if there are tickets left for the Philly show? I won't be able to get mine for a couple of days, and wanted to know if I had any hope. Jennifer ############################################################ "If it wasn't for disappointments, I wouldn't have any appointments." Jennifer Parker jparker@agnes.scottlan.edu ################################################################## ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: NYC Tramps Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 19:22:16 -0500 (EST) I just thought of something... is anyone coming from Baltimore or south of there going to the NYC Tramps show that would want to pick me up? I'm almost willing to go except that I won't be able to drive to the show. If anyone is willing to do this please mail me and I'll order a ticket (if there are any left) and I thank you eternally. --Matt -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order|Elastica|Blur|Suede *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: jeffk914@groucho.roc.servtech.com (Jeff Kyle) Subject: TMBG MIDI Archive adds WDTSS... Date: Fri, 01 Dec 1995 23:35:30 GMT Organization: Silly Party, Inc. Well, I finally updated the TMBG MIDI Archive page, and added another song (Why Does the Sun Shine?). Credits are now given for the sequencers, with e-mail available if applicable. Once again, the URL: http://www.servtech.com/public/jeffk914/tmbgmidi.html Or via FTP at: ftp.servtech.com/pub/users/jeffk914/midi Unfortunately, the page is a little uglier, but easier to read. I've gotta play with colors some more... Until then, well, it works at least. :) Enjoy! | Jeff Kyle jeffk914@groucho.roc.servtech.com | | Rochester, NY "Katarina" '75 Porsche 914 | | http://www.servtech.com/public/jeffk914 | | Car pictures, TMBG MIDI archive, and more! | | Someone's gotta say - "Free As a Bird" sucks. | ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 19:11:42 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: a number of things > > peace from one who goes with lebo in not desiring any other name, > > anne We are kinda cool, aren't we? :} lebo ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-83 *****************************