Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-84 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 84 Sunday, 3 December 1995 Today's Topics: good-bye Pixies and it's offspring and more Chuck stuff Cartoon Express Pixies and Breeders Breeders/Black/Pixies sorry for my dysfunctional mind. IRC my age and soul coughing. Re: Pixies and it's(their)offspringen Re: Cartoon Express Urm...Hello Y'all... Whoops.... WEEKENDS!!! I've got this friend... Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 10:51:26 -0600 From: Tharp Teri L Subject: good-bye well, my semester at this rancid shcool is finish for awhile, so it time to close my E-mail account. I'm really going to miss all the mail and information, people around here have never even heard of TMBG, and think I'm crazy when I listen to it. so it is nice to hear from other TMBG fans. ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 14:39:06 -0500 Subject: Pixies and it's offspring and more Chuck stuff I don't understand, how could you like the Pixies and not like the Breeders, they're of the same blood, I firmly believe that the sound of the Breeders and the Franky combine to equal the Pixies...How much could you have really liked the Pixies? I'm nottrying to harp on you but it's just odd... I've seen Frank Black and The Breeders, my sister in law saw the Pixies, she and I see eye to eye on lots of things including the feel of a concert, we decided that Franky and Kim have both carried on well and still put on an awesome show... moving on, those CD's I taped from Chuck, bad news, Birds Fly, The Day and Stormy Pinkness skip...I'm so mad, I could just blow up... Ka- plow! _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ "Celibacy is not Hereditary" ][ Mr John V aka Stinky "It's not easy being green." - Kermit the frog ------------------------------ From: KShumwayUT@aol.com Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 15:21:14 -0500 Subject: Cartoon Express Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else saw the "Cartoon Marathon" on friday on TBS (it was on at midnight EST) I missed it and was wondering what it was like. I know for a fact that here in good ol' Utah (best snow on earth when it snows....) the CD for that is comming out on Tuesday the 6th.... "I don't want that fat guy around" TMBG Santa's beard ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Pixies and Breeders Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 15:41:10 -0500 (EST) > I don't understand, how could you like the Pixies and not like the Breeders, > they're of the same blood, I firmly believe that the sound of the Breeders > and the Franky combine to equal the Pixies...How much could you have really > liked the Pixies? I'm nottrying to harp on you but it's just odd... I've > seen Frank Black and The Breeders, my sister in law saw the Pixies, she and I > see eye to eye on lots of things including the feel of a concert, we decided > that Franky and Kim have both carried on well and still put on an awesome > show... I totally disagree, the Breeders just did not carry on the tradition of good music, Frank Black carried all of it. The Breeders kinda blew chunks unlike the Pixies who were excellent. I guess that shows where the talent was in the Pixies. -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order|Elastica|Blur|Suede *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: MrJohnV@aol.com Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 21:03:50 -0500 Subject: Breeders/Black/Pixies In the message of a clearly disturbed individual, Matthew James writes: >I totally disagree, the Breeders just did not carry on the tradition of >good music, Frank Black carried all of it. The Breeders kinda blew chunks >unlike the Pixies who were excellent. I guess that shows where the talent >was in the Pixies. Someone back me up here...The Breeders do not "blow chunks" Black has a lot of talent but you can't cut Kim short like that, did you know that she had never played bass before the Pixies, she just jumped into it, she had played guitar with her sister at truck stops, that's about it... There's some good sounds coming out of the Breeders and they put on a good live show. and who can deny that Kim has a nice smile and Kelly has nice eyes? We were talking about Constantinople and the Roman empire in Humanities the other day when the Teacher just started singing Istanbul... My friend and I quickly glanced at each other wide eyed and then stared at the teacher in awe for some time, now I know that Istanbul was done long before the Giants did it but I'd like to think that he's a big fan and knows all their songs by heart, as a matter of fact I think I'll ask him and if he's not I'll just let him borrow a tape and then he'll have to become a big fan, who could resist? Of course if he does I'll have to force feed him twinkies until his brain turns into mush and then tattoo him with the words to my favorite Giants songs... _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- "Celibacy is not hereditary" ][ Mr John V aka Stinky "I'm not quite dead" -from Monty Python --------------------- Forwarded message: From: mjames@justice.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Reply-to: mjames@justice.loyola.edu (Matthew James) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: 95-12-02 15:47:06 EST > I don't understand, how could you like the Pixies and not like the Breeders, > they're of the same blood, I firmly believe that the sound of the Breeders > and the Franky combine to equal the Pixies...How much could you have really > liked the Pixies? I'm nottrying to harp on you but it's just odd... I've > seen Frank Black and The Breeders, my sister in law saw the Pixies, she and I > see eye to eye on lots of things including the feel of a concert, we decided > that Franky and Kim have both carried on well and still put on an awesome > show... I totally disagree, the Breeders just did not carry on the tradition of good music, Frank Black carried all of it. The Breeders kinda blew chunks unlike the Pixies who were excellent. I guess that shows where the talent was in the Pixies. -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-New Order|Elastica|Blur|Suede *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 21:49:19 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: sorry for my dysfunctional mind. i was inhabiting my universe at the time and in my universe it's "daniel sing bass". i would like to make a public apology for my lack of proper mental reasoning and the wax in my ears. may the force be with you daniel (maybe i should write in some more lyrics wrong so that i can get even more e-mail!!) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 22:13:04 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: IRC I finally got on IRC. I had to do it through the system I have here, which means that I can only go in on weekends which sucks. *sigh* I was on #tmbg :) It was cool. YAY! Ana Ng I wish they allowd spaces in nicks there... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 22:12:40 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: my age and soul coughing. 1. i'm not 10, i'm 16.973 and i like to act like i'm 3. so there. 2. soul coughing. a friend o' mine is in love with them but in all honesty i don't like 'em one bit. may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 22:26:39 +0200 From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: Re: Pixies and it's(their)offspringen HAHA! I'm going to answer! heheh...don't cha just LOVE weekends??!?!??!? >I don't understand, how could you like the Pixies and not like the Breeders, >they're of the same blood, I firmly believe that the sound of the Breeders >and the Franky combine to equal the Pixies... Paradoxically speaking, of course, I must say that I like Franky, am ambivalent to the Pixies, and really can't stand the damned breeders...you ask how can you like one without the other? #1 Frank is my favorite part of the group #2 Kim's voice just plain irritates me. #3 The Breeders can neither compose good music or write decent lyrics, two elements I find very important...(compare the cranberries, with good music to the pretenders, with good lyrics, and similar styles, and you find that both lack something.) So that is how I like the pixies and not the Breeders... Plus, I have to point out that I don't love frank's stuff, I think that it's funny, and I appreciate some songs, but not everything. That'll be $.03(inflation) -Rabid Child * * * * * * * * * * _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 22:26:48 +0200 From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: Re: Cartoon Express >Hello everyone, Helo back. >I was just wondering if anyone else saw the "Cartoon Marathon" on friday on >TBS (it was on at midnight EST) I missed it and was wondering what it was >like. I know for a fact that here in good ol' Utah (best snow on earth when >it snows....) the CD for that is comming out on Tuesday the 6th.... Does it have Tmbg songs on it? Is there any relevance to this list whatsoever in any conceivable way at all? hmmm... and we, up in Jackson, WY have better snow and skiing than you could ever dream of.(When it snows...) -Rabid Child (harrumph) * * * * * * * * * * _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 01:50:59 -0500 From: ae333@freenet.Buffalo.EDU (Robin L. Connell) Subject: Urm...Hello Y'all... Hey Everyone! Crow T Robot reporting...hehehehe...I am feeling really good. No really really good. I got some wonderfuly news..about a christmas gift, but just to make sure...I won't brag till it gets here. Hello Beth... 'Nette - thanks for the support...I appreciate it. :) I don't undderstand the abbrvs JL SNGS A sCN...therefore I will call it art... I do belive I hafta agree with the if -- --Robin Connell...College Radio Dj Supreme.....WBNY 91.3fm.....-- ---------------"Buffalo's Original Alternative."----------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 01:58:22 -0500 From: ae333@freenet.Buffalo.EDU (Robin L. Connell) Subject: Whoops.... Hello all, I meant to retype the last post...but accidentally sent it along instead.. Whoops..heheheh..:} I might as well continue on with what I was typing so... I hafta agree with the idea that both John's sign nasal (sing :}), There's nothing wrong with this...but I was once watching They on MTV (ugh), and when they performed you could definetly hear it...I like it tho... When they were on tv (a while ago..trust me), Linnell seems either bummed, or bored....but Flansburgh seemed to be in a rather good mood.. Banner Gram!!! Oh No I have to go Now... "Frrrrank!" John Banner Robin -- --Robin Connell...College Radio Dj Supreme.....WBNY 91.3fm.....-- ---------------"Buffalo's Original Alternative."----------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 00:04:18 +0200 From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: WEEKENDS!!! Ihave to say, weekends are getting worse and worse around here, except for irc. which I was kicked off of by ais.net halfway through a fun discussion, and only a few minutes after blue Dog killed himself! Harrumph. In Reference to MrJohnV's message, I have to agree, that message from Matt James seemed totally out of character. Although I have to agree that I do not likke the Breederts, there is no doubt that they are doing something right to have attracted such a large following...even if that is only imitation of all other mainstream music, noone ever accused them of originality. anyway, Back to the real topic at hand, which was the rest of that message, in which the anonymous mMr. JohnV tells us of a prof singing istanbul... In our morning news program at our school, I played Istanbul over the air, during the intro, and first of all, I got tons of compliments, mostly from my tmbg-convert friends, but back on track, the instructor/gut who stands around while we do all of the work actually recognized the song, both from the original and from the tmbg-remake!(He's this really geeky guy, who wears bad polyester suits and has the stupidest sense of humor and is really without a hope of having a personality, but we love him nonetheless...back on track, that is the only song he has liked that the students(sic) have brought in all year! wow! I'm done. -Rabid Child (P.S. I don't really think Blue Dog killed himself, or at least he did not convince me.) this message was typed using only one hand! so forgive the tipose... * * * * * * * * * * _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 00:05:33 +0200 From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: I've got this friend... ...Who is a huge They fan, and I want him to join the list, but so far, my messages and such have had no effect, and so I would like to request some help from the family here at the list. Please send a bunch of messages to David Crosman telling him that he would be well received and that we would all love for him to join in our discussions and stuff. Also, would someone tell him how to get on this list, since I have no recollection of joining the list, more just being enveloped into it's oneness...hmm... that's it. oh, and to add to some form of relevance, can someone tell me where the name comes from for the -Rabid Child (OTHER than the song, you idiot...) * * * * * * * * * * _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-84 *****************************