Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-88 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 88 Thursday, 7 December 1995 Today's Topics: Re: Dr. Spocks Re: One More Parade channel one Channel one. State Stuff umph? cartoon Re: Music request club Re: Misc T December shows J&J Gay? Re: J&J Gay? Re: J&J Gay? favorite song Re: club J & J gay Re: December shows Knob/Abruptly???? saturday morning covers Re: club way-out WHAT A SCHMUCK!!!! the value of a comment d .c. date in januarary Re: TMBG and Saturday Morning -Reply -Forwarded List Update ATTENTION...ATTENTION!!! Channel 1 J&J Gay? way-out Re: saturday mornings Re: saturday morning covers Re: club Re: saturday morning covers (none) Re: club club Re: club ... Yoko Letterbox Lyrics - Escher on interpretation join the club club in the words of John Flansburgh Hello Club!!! The List. Remember that there are 250 others here. my favorite tmbg song... DC show Matthew James? It's getting annoying Composition in Cream and Chocolate Re: J&J Gay? Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- We are using a new digester, please report errors immediately! --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 08:42:37 +0000 (GMT) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Re: Dr. Spocks Dear Whoever, Matthew James asked if anyone had heard One More Parade. Yeah I've heard it. What do you want to know? Mark ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 08:45:26 +0000 (GMT) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Re: One More Parade Dear All, I get it now. You want to know details about One More Parade. It's from the Elctra 25th anniversary album, Rubaiyat and is a cover of a song called Phil Ochs (y'know the guy who married Marvin Gaye). That help. Watch now as I realise that 15 other people have already posted this information and more... Mark ------------------------------ From: salad shooter Subject: channel one Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 10:43:32 EST when i was a senior in high school (1992) they played racist friend on channel one. farside ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 11:10:19 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: Channel one. I guess I went to a backwards, economically-disadvantaged high school. What is Channel One, exactly? And (pardon my saying so) but if it is directed toward HS students, and I am (finally!) in college, why, precisely, should I care? ;) (you KNOW I'm kidding) Anywayz, if one so disadvantaged as myself would like to see Ch. 1 when TMBG is on it (if it happens soon), how can we do this? Is it taped, or something? BTW, a few years back (this is a completely different subject) I heard the song "We Want a Rock" in the credits of one of those HBO Spotlight one-hour comedy specials. I don't remember the comedian, but there was a great sketch about waitresses in diners being space aliens in disguise. I guess you had to be there. Signing oof, (oof!) 'Nette [-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-] "Good morning, campers!!" - Keith Moon in Tommy *--------------------------------------------------------- Question of the week: When John Lennon was shot, Yoko was only a foot or two away. How could the gunman MISS her like that?!?!? *--------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost(y the Supervisor) frost@trenton.edu Trenton State College, in scenic Ewing, NJ (go fig) [-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:06:32 +0700 From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott Dodson) Subject: State Stuff ................................................................................ Does anyone know how many state songs Linnell has written thus far? I already know about South Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Maine, and Nevada, but I was wonder8ing how his project was going now that a couple of years have passed by. Scott ................................................................................ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 12:13 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: umph? who pissed in your cornflakes? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 12:19 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: cartoon what is the name of the cartoon album, sounds intriguing. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 12:26:03 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Music request It's really amazingly easy to write to channel one. They wrote back to me w/in an hour. The address is chanone@aol.com! Let's get this campaign rolling! :-) >From: ChanOne@aol.com >Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 20:08:52 -0500 >To: jchaffer@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: Music request > >Hello, > >Greetings from Channel One News! I just wanted you to know that I have >forwarded your request to our music director. > +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 12:23 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: club i'm starting a club called "Down with Curtis Klager the facist bastard who want s death for free speech and fun" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 12:28:57 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Misc T > Don't mean to bitch out, but there are some of us who HAVEN'T >been on newsgroups as long as you have, and perhaps may like to find out >favorite/least favorite/other stuff out of curiosity. And as for all the *Everyone* who has web access should take the time to visit: http://www.geodyn.psu.edu/~cramer/They/ Vote for your favorite song there, and see the results of the voting so far. Mailing lists are fine for discussion, but if you just want to tabulate results, use the Web. :-) --Jon +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ From: CK8@JAGUAR.UOFS.EDU Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 13:07:58 -0500 (EST) Subject: December shows Hi! I need some info.... I found out through the netscape that TMBG are playing two dates in December: December 30th at the Trocadero in Philadelphia, and December 31st at Tramp's in NYC. Anyways, there's no ticket info at all, so if any of you could help me out in the ticket info dept., I'd be oh-so-grateful! So far, no one knows ANYTHING! Thanks alot! ck8@jaguar.uofs.edu sun and smiles cortney ------------------------------ From: Tim Heilman Subject: J&J Gay? Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:15:53 -0800 (PST) What can I say, I heard a rumor. Does anyone have confirmation/denial? I seem to find a lot of "coming out of the closet" symbolism in "No One Knows My Plan", you know, "I must be silent, must contain my secret smile, I want to tell you, you, my mirror, you my iron bars. When I made a shadow on my window shade, they called the police and testifed", but that's probably just subjective, as interpretations tend to be. As for a favorite song, I have to say I was most recently impressed with the rhyme scheme of "Nightgown of the Sullen Moon", where they manage to get "abruptly" to rhyme with "knob". Sheer genius. -Tim [this space intentionally left blank] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 13:30:03 EST From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: J&J Gay? > From tmbg-list-owner@tmbg.org Wed Dec 6 13:19:50 1995 > From: Tim Heilman > What can I say, I heard a rumor. Does anyone have > confirmation/denial? I seem to find a lot of "coming out of the > closet" symbolism in "No One Knows My Plan", you know, "I must be > silent, must contain my secret smile, I want to tell you, you, my > mirror, you my iron bars. When I made a shadow on my window shade, > they called the police and testifed", but that's probably just > subjective, as interpretations tend to be. > > As for a favorite song, I have to say I was most recently impressed > with the rhyme scheme of "Nightgown of the Sullen Moon", where they > manage to get "abruptly" to rhyme with "knob". Sheer genius. Jeusus fucking Christ not this again. Didn't we just over this in September? Don't belive everything you hear. You probally heard it from someone thats too afrid to listen to music that people aren't making too much money off of. But its also been rumored that They both have GIRLFRIENDS! Go download old letters from the list, read the old crap and make your own conclusion cuz I could care less. I don't want to read through another supid flame war about J&J being gay or not. (Mail majordomo@tmbg.org or get them from ftp.tmbg.org). As for NOKMP I hardly think its a comming out of the closet song. When I listen to it, it kind reminds me of one of those synister cartoon people that go caught doing something. (or like in a movie one of those people that always like to rub thier hands together when thier thinking of an evil plan). And I'd hardly think you'd get sent to jail for being Gay. (Unless you lived in Nazi Germany or some other Fasit state). However music is art therefore it can be interperted anyway the listener thinks. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 13:30:02 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: J&J Gay? Splunge! -MPFC +------------------------------+-------------+----------------------+ | jonathan.chaffer@cmich.edu | JC(A+R) | jchaffer@tmbg.org | +------------------------------+----------+--+----------------------+ | http://www.tmbg.org/personal/jchaffer/ | sucks. | +-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 15:30:05 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: favorite song I think it's quite impossible to have a favorite TMBG song, but there is one song that ALWAYS makes me feel happy even after the first 2 notes. That song is Destination Moon. I know, I know, it's a sad song, but it ALWAYS, for some unknown reason, makes me extremely happy. :) Ana Ng ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 15:24:27 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: Re: club Sound like fun; where can I apply for membership? Hell, can I be an officer? Luv, 'Nette [-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-] "Good morning, campers!!" - Keith Moon in Tommy *--------------------------------------------------------- Question of the week: When John Lennon was shot, Yoko was only a foot or two away. How could the gunman MISS her like that?!?!? *--------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost(y the Supervisor) frost@trenton.edu Trenton State College, in scenic Ewing, NJ (go fig) [-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 15:27 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: J & J gay i don't think they are cause i saw them with two girls that looked like they we re their girlfriends.however 1: Just cause they have girlfriends doesn't necessarily mean they are not gay. 2: who cares if they are gay, its the music that counts. Gay people can probabl y make music that's just as good as straight people. (take the Breeders for exa mple...just kidding) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 15:26:28 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: Re: December shows If you need ticket information on the 'Net, you can find it on the TicketBastard (I mean TicketMaster) page. I don't know the address, but if you put it in as the keyword on search, you can get there. Luv, 'Nette [-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-] "Good morning, campers!!" - Keith Moon in Tommy *--------------------------------------------------------- Question of the week: When John Lennon was shot, Yoko was only a foot or two away. How could the gunman MISS her like that?!?!? *--------------------------------------------------------- Jeanette Frost(y the Supervisor) frost@trenton.edu Trenton State College, in scenic Ewing, NJ (go fig) [-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 16:16:36 -0500 (EST) From: jpenney@CLEMSON.EDU (Col) Subject: Knob/Abruptly???? "Rhyme: one or more words thus corresponding in sound" etc. There is no physical way to make the words knob and abruptly rhyme, unless you pronounce them in a weird way. Then they are not even really those words. If you listen to the song, you will realize thata they do not rhyme. Just because the two lines end with those words do not mean the rhyme!!!!! Email schme-mail ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 15:24:37 -0500 (CDT) From: The Pez that stole christmas Subject: saturday morning covers Songs I think they should cover from cartoons. ================================================== = "Way Out" by the Way Outs on the Flinstones - You remember that band who dressed up as aliens and there was a big scare? "We're gonna go way out. WAY OUT! 'Cus thats where the fun is." = Anything by the Banana Splits. Theme song or any other. = I don't know why, but I could see them singing "Ma-ma-ma-MASK!" or even the "E-e-e-e-e-ewoks" = I think their should be an accordian solo of "Linus and Lucy" (the Peanuts song . . . you know da-dada-duh-da-da-duh-da da da-da? :) = THE TICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe his "Big and Blue" song I think Anthrax should cover "Open your heart and let the sunshine in!" from Flintstones BTW Someone mentioned the Residents. I listened to a couple of their CD's at a used cd store. They weren't very THEY but had a more Jazzy freeflow yet wacky sound. I didn't buy it then but I went back later and they were gone. I bet they are more of an aquired taste but I did like the sound. Also I think there needs to be a tmbg video game . . . It would have to be an quest game liken to Sam and Max hit the road. (best game ever) You would go around to cheesy roadside attractions looking for things in their songs. Any thoughts? untill now is later, Pezman aka BLUE THING. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 16:22:40 -0500 Subject: Re: club From: grant3@usa.pipeline.com (Mr. Klaw) I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like that guy! -- "Time and Tide are one thing that no one understands." "Can't shake the devil's hand and say your only kidding." -TMBG- Mr. Klaw.... ------------------------------ From: salad shooter Subject: way-out Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 16:58:26 EST i thought no one else in the entire world had ever seen the way-out episode of the flintstones. to me that was nearly gospel. farside ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 17:06:53 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: WHAT A SCHMUCK!!!! > From: Klager Curtis > > > > Dear All, > > > > Anyone know what the relevance of Miscellameous T is? > > Yes I do, you Shmuck! Misc. T is the section of the record store where > early They Might Be Giants music could be found, way back in the day... > So how-doddly-do do you like that?!? > > P.S. All you wet people talking about your little personal crap, please > bear in mind that this goes out to MANY people, composed largly of > individuals who do not, by and stretch of the imagination, give a air, > land, or sea based rats tail about your sordid personal afairs. > > And also, about that favorite song garbage, WE'VE BEEN THROUGH IT > BEFORE! I've been subscribed to TMBG mailers for move than two years, > and by FAR the worst of that time was spent wading through MOUNTIANS and > MOUNTAINS absolute rubbish. If you insist on going on about favorites, > AT LEAST, FOR THE LOVE OF MOG, DON'T tell us your "least favorite" or > "most annoying" etc... We don't need your sorry-asses to put down the > Johns for stuff that, nine times out of ten, you simply don't get but > then attach a truckloa of bogus meanings to. HATE HATE HATE! Blaaa! I > am evil. > > -*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*- > . . . . . > Curtis Klager <<>> "Keep On Chooglin'" - CCR . > . . . . . > Two things come to mind: > > 1.) That joke wasn't very funny. > > 2.) If you were not joking, please refer to yourself from now on as "The > Fucknut" so the rest of us will know ahead of time what we are about > to get into when reading one of your messages. hey buddy. i've always thought that TMBG fans were the nicest people but you proved me wrong. if you really can't stand the messages we send to make each other's messages that much more pleasurable, unsubcribe! if you are going to be like this, i'd rather you not be here, so i can talk to nice people instead. pull yourself from the darkside before it's too late daniel ------------------------------ From: "Frankenberry" Organization: John Brown University Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 16:23:14 GMT-5 Subject: the value of a comment I awoke from a dream, and had this stuck in my head: > After all, what would this be like if > we all didn't put in our two cents? This is just sad. I remember when people's comments on this list were worth at least two bits. Some even got up to a dollar. Right, Kate? deflated, Frank ___________________________________________________________________ | "People of Sarajevo,| "The truth is... YOU'RE the weak, and I | | count your bless- | am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm | | ings. There are so | tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to | | many in the world | be the shepherd." | | who have food, heat,|-------------------------------------------- | and security, but | "Taste is the enemy of art." | | they're not on t.v. |-------------------------------------------- | the way you are." | "I don't make robot trash, I burn it, and | | -Mr. Macphisto | when I look at you, I throw up!" -Crow | ___________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 17:24:06 -0500 (EST) From: The Amazing Linnell Subject: d .c. date in januarary ok, so i unsubscribed before but i think all those fello tmbg-lovers in the d.c. area would be interested in this. i just heard on the radio that they might be giants ae playing janurary(i can't spell it) 17 at the newly moved 9:30 club. i'm not sure how you get tickets but they're probably being offered through ticketmaster. if not, mail me and i'll try to find out:) since i can not go[its my mother again, she won't let me go to clubs], could anybody that does decide to go tell me about it? and if you're extra nice get a program or something. i know its a lot to ask, so if you do i will REALLY appreciate it:) christy(remember? i sent that long message about unsubscribing b/c of my mother, etc. which btw i would like to apogolize for. i'm sure none of you wanted to hear me gripe, i was just really mad at my mother at the time and when you'er mad you do stupid things) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 17:21:22 -0500 From: Paul Stysley Subject: Re: TMBG and Saturday Morning -Reply -Forwarded Date: 12/06/1995 05:20 pm (Wednesday) From: Paul Stysley To: smcm.smtp("jeffk914@groucho.roc.servtech.com") Subject: Re: TMBG and Saturday Morning -Reply HI lo How's everybody? ya know TMBG should just start their own staruday morning cartoon. They'd make great characters not like other rock stars that got a cartoon like menuto (shoot I forget how to spell it but I actually have fond memories of that one so nevermind). They'd probably use the drawings from the hotel detective video. ok, just had to get that out. mmmm. better. TTFN may the force be with you paul (iamafish) ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: List Update Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 17:44:19 -0500 (EST) This is just a reminder that this is the They Might Be Giants list. Please try to keep to that topic. Also, let's try to keep the inflamitory remarks down. It's bad enough when someone says something stupid, having everyone jump in and tell them they are stupid just makes things worse, and then people stop reading the list. This list has gotten to be a fairly high traffic list. Please think about what your write before you write it, and if everyone else really needs to read it. A little consideration goes a long way. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: "Anthony F. Portizo" Subject: ATTENTION...ATTENTION!!! Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 17:34:05 EST HELLO ALL GIANT FANS: I know we all know of of the NYC shows and the Philadelphia shows...but do I have some news for you....On Dec 16....TMBG WILL BE PLAYING A SHOW IN NEW JERSEY.... yes you heard me correctly...they will be playing as part of a benefit show with a Christmas theme called The Jingle Ball...Its sponsored on part of Whtg 106.3.....The show will take place at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank.... Tickets can be bought at the Count Basie ticket office or through Ticket master(yuck).....prices are unknown at this time...sorry... later Ant.. -- ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: Channel 1 Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 17:50:33 -0500 (EST) I'm with 'Nette, I have never heard of Channel 1. Either it hasn't made it to Maryland or it was after my time, course I haven't been to high school in 4 years. Is this a nationwide broadcast or something? (I didn't even know channel 1 would come in on the tv) Matt -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: J&J Gay? Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 17:54:51 -0500 (EST) > What can I say, I heard a rumor. Does anyone have > confirmation/denial? I seem to find a lot of "coming out of the > closet" symbolism in "No One Knows My Plan", you know, "I must be > silent, must contain my secret smile, I want to tell you, you, my > mirror, you my iron bars. When I made a shadow on my window shade, > they called the police and testifed", but that's probably just > subjective, as interpretations tend to be. I believe this topic came up before and we proved that they were not gay, but were happily heterosexual with their girlfriends and such. Matt -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: way-out Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 18:02:29 -0500 (EST) > i thought no one else in the entire world had ever seen the way-out episode > of the flintstones. to me that was nearly gospel. > > farside > That was classic Flinstones. Didn't Barney beat up Fred cause he thought he was a way-out alien at the end? That song rocked by the way Matt -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 18:43:46 -0500 (EST) From: Neil Subject: Re: saturday mornings On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Frosty the Supervisor wrote: > But anyhoo, where can I get this rilly rilly (sorry, slipping into 80's > valley girl speech..... hang on a second..... ) I meant, really > really cool album? I want it I want it! Saturday Morning should be available everywhere in America. I paid $14.99 for it, umm, it'd probably be in with the Various artists section, it's got a brown front cover, etc.... > Pardon me, I'm sleepy and hyper. Always a good combination. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Neil Kelly neilbert@neilbert.nai.net abf8@maristb.marist.edu *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Spare no expense to save money on this one." -- Samuel Goldwyn ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 19:06:57 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: saturday morning covers > Also I think there needs to be a tmbg video game . . . > It would have to be an quest game liken to Sam and Max hit the > road. (best game ever) You would go around to cheesy roadside > attractions looking for things in their songs. Any thoughts? > > untill now is later, > Pezman > aka BLUE THING. And a quest for the best roadside coffee!! lebo ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 19:04:21 -0600 (CST) From: Erik Swedberg Subject: Re: club > i'm starting a club called "Down with Curtis Klager the facist bastard who want > s death for free speech and fun" > hey slag off mr boogaloo shrimp cuz 1)curtis(the man-mountain) may be one of THE wisest men on and off the planet 2)he can hands down eat this entire excuse for a list under the table. i've seen him do something similar. so be reverent. erik ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 19:08:31 -0600 (CST) From: Erik Swedberg Subject: Re: saturday morning covers > Songs I think they should cover from cartoons. > ================================================== > = "Way Out" by the Way Outs on the Flinstones - You remember that > band who dressed up as aliens and there was a big scare? > "We're gonna go way out. WAY OUT! 'Cus thats where the fun is." > supercharger already did this one. they're some kind of lo-fi mummies type all out rock band. the song roks. erik ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 21:05 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" want some salt with that list when you eat it mr Kurtis? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 20:04:56 -0600 (CST) From: Klager Curtis Subject: Re: club > i'm starting a club called "Down with Curtis Klager the facist bastard who want > s death for free speech and fun" I simply posted messages. Whereas _you_ are the one saying "Down with..." so it seems to me that _you_ are the one who wants "...death for free speech..." Grow up, Badger Boy... -*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*- . . . . . Curtis Klager <<>> "Keep On Chooglin'" - CCR . . . . . . -*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 22:06 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: club so are you saying that you want to join the club or what? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 21:30:39 -0600 (CST) From: George of the Jungle Subject: Re: club Ok. As long as people are thowing in pennies, can I say something? This list isn't about hate, it's about Them. They are love. And, in the immortal words of that guy, "Can't we all just get along?" And if we can't, can't we all just drop it? I mean, I'd much rather hear about shows I don't get to go to then who's getting pissy at whom. Ok, thank you for reading this. I feel much better now. -Jenny, who would've been a hippie if she'd been born sooner. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 22:47:04 -0500 (EST) From: The Vonnegut Vassal Subject: ... okay, let me get this straight-- we shouldn't: 1) talk about anything but TMBG (or things directly related) 2) discuss interps 3) talk about favorite/least (hopefully not too many of these!) favorite songs 4) repeat things said before, even if we weren't here the first time around 5) talk about infoclub, etc... 6) ...etc... So what do we talk about? Honestly, I haven't been posting much because I just don't have anything to say, and I've been staying out of all this non-related stuff (an Unrelated Thing?). Most of the stuff I really have a desire to know (interps, polls on favorite songs...) is on the net, so what do we have left to talk about? I think we should give this list a boost--we need to discover a way to unite in TMBGlory and discover new and interesting pathways to enlightenment. Okay, now that i'm done with my "call to arms" (sappy, eh?), anyone have any suggestions? (does anyone agree that we need a pick-me-up?) FLK {{**Kurt Vonnegut<<_Cat's Cradle_>>--"ice-nine"**}} ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 20:13:19 -0800 From: gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) Subject: Yoko >Question of the week: > When John Lennon was shot, Yoko was only a foot or two >away. How could the gunman MISS her like that?!?!? >*--------------------------------------------------------- >Jeanette Frost(y the Supervisor) frost@trenton.edu I've got to say, I've seen your "signature" five times now on the TMBG newsgroup, and that's five times too many. I'm not personally a fan of Yoko Ono, but I hold nothing against her either. She is a human being, just like John was. To insinuate that she should have been killed is immature, offensive, and completely unfunny. Please don't subject a world of TMBG subscribers to this unnecessary hatred. Murder is nothing to joke about. ------------------------------ From: Tim Heilman Subject: Letterbox Lyrics - Escher on interpretation Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 21:05:07 -0800 (PST) I've checked Their website and a couple of paths to the same lyrics archive, but can't find it. Is there a consensus on what is said at the end of Letterbox? hear hear, Vonnegut. (Don't don't don't let's start) MC Escher on interpretation- "[while] I have never yet done any work with the aim of symbolizing a particular idea, ... the fact that a symbol is sometimes discovered or remarked upon is valuable for me because it makes it easier to accept the inexplicable nature of my hobbies, which constantly preoccupy me." It seems like a lot of the talk on this list is centered around Their place of residence. Are They bigger there than out here on the other coast? When I walk in a CD store, I'm sad to see the sparce selection of Their work. -Tim [This space intentionally left blank] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 00:34 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: join the club yeah right. you secretly told me you want to join. i have proof. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 Dec 95 00:39 EST From: "Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo" Subject: club um, i was just kidding about that club thing. it would be totally unfeasable to start any kind of club on the internet. !Noos gniteem a gnievah eb lliw ew, su htiw llits era taht uoy fo esoht rof. :S.P ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 23:30:27 -0600 From: "melody, fidelity, quantity" Subject: in the words of John Flansburgh ok, those of you who've seen TMBG, well, come to think of it, i don't think he did it on this last tour, but we can all pretend... and those of you who haven't... lets all do as Flansburgh says and raise up your fist and everyone together shout... LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE even though he couldn't get the people in Japan to do it. Persephone is gonna get you. her axe is ready. and she's got a wicked look in her eye. she told me. paul, aka, "and I said yeah baby, Evil's ok in my book!," frank black, fruit bat, "jiffy boy is on, hurry up he needs a hammer,to knock his head around.," Jiffy Boy, Jubal Hershaw, Mike Smith, the Tick, Paul Swan, I hear you, and I will fight for the name Persephone, paul swan, paulswan, rabidchild.paulswan@mail.utexas.edu,"the artist formerly known as aswan@tenet.edu," you know, stuff, http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~tmbg, zen kitty, roots radicals, red eyed troll, james robert injustice, tmbg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu, the king of ellipses, Tyson Meade, Pop Heiress (dies), Lazarus Long, melody, fidelity, quantity ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 00:58:26 -0500 (EST) From: jpenney@CLEMSON.EDU (Col) Subject: Hello Club!!! I have been a member of this damn list for twenty four hours and I all I have heard is sh*t. I ahve ehard a few good letters about TMBG. The rest have been stupid comments about people none of y'all know. You can disagree with people, as long as it is on an issue. None of this hate mail crap that goes to everyone. Write personally to those shittheads you don't like (i'll probably get a few now.) But anyway, has anyone heard the song from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers? Is it any good? THe only TMBG song I have actually heard in a movie was in a movie I saw on HBO that was called something like, "Ed, Your Mother Is Dead." The main guy is Mr. Pink in "Reservoir Dogs." They played "Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes" during the credits. Email schme-mail ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 23:16:35 +0200 From: mdukelan@wyoming.com (Rabid Child) Subject: The List. Remember that there are 250 others here. Okay, this has become a crime-state, where some offenses are worse than others, but none should be allowed, if i may post some rules that we may or may not chose to follow, I would feel happier. 1) No Bashing This includes the Breeders or un-nice people, if you must tell someone off, do it in private, that will save on us having to read through at least half of the 60-messages a day. 1B)no claims of J&J's sexuality, I have no prejudice and do not care, but am merely annoyed. 2) No Bragging Just because you have been listening to them as long as I have or longer, does not give you divine right to feel superior to me. This also applies to time on the list, i.e. Mr. Klager, you may have been here for two years, but you have been silent for at least the one that I have been here, and you have made a much worse name for yourself in the past three days than any newcomers. 3) No way-off topic posts the list is after all a tmbg list and even though I would like it to be a free forum, I can not get 60 messages every time I open my mailbox, especially about other people's .sig's and who is or is not being an asshole. 4) No one-line posts This I have seen as a recent trend, especially from mrs. shabba-dabba-doo, and I think that generally they are a waste of time, and fill the boxes with irrelevant mail, besides, saying "I agree" can be tied into a million things, and saying "morrisey" is just out of place on the list. I have no rules for life, but I do have those requests. This should not be mandatory, nor should these be seen as restrictive regulations that may never be bent, I just feel that we must do something before Chris decides to. Just try to check your message for content and think that at least fifty other people would like to read about it on the list. My posting has been way down recently, albeit I once was the five-post a day Rabid Child, because I fear of adding to the off-topic posts, and I have to receive my own mail too, and I seriously did have 60 messages today, at least 50 from the list, all since yesterday. If you wish to argue or flame me for any examples I have given, please do so to my E-dress, as i don't wish for this to spark two hundred flames about a .sig. If, however, you wish to add a possible rule or debate something on this set, please reply to the list so that all may know the acceptable rules, and explain your reasoning for the rule or use reasonable examlples to support/clarify your ideas. please remember that we do not want this to be a moderated list, and we have controlled ourselves before, and thank you for your time. -Rabid Child * * * * * * * * * 8o) _Send vibes to mdukelan@wyoming.com_ No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 00:24:53 -0600 From: "melody, fidelity, quantity" Subject: my favorite tmbg song... I'd like to say that i don't really have a favorite song, that all of the songs are equally meaningful to me, and they all appeal to me equally, but that would be a vicious lie. my fav song since the first time i ever heard it, it also being the first tmbg song i ever heard, has to be Ana Ng. it's the best. Persephone is jealous because it didn't get to be on her album. that's why she looks so sad. paul, you know, the other rabidchild. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: DC show Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 01:34:21 -0500 (EST) Can anyone confirm the TMBG show at the 9:30 club on January 17 I heard about? I checked tixmast's homepage but didn't see anything (nor anything on the Jersey show). I'd much be interested in going I guess I should call tixmast tomorrow. Matt "Eireann go brath!" -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG | S.P.O.C.K. | "Look at the size of that thing!"--Wedge | "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 01:54:01 -0500 (EST) From: jpenney@CLEMSON.EDU (Col) Subject: Matthew James? MJ said you loved "that song." Nothings Gonna or the Mighty song? Email schme-mail ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 07 Dec 1995 01:51:21 EST From: MYSTERIOUS WAYS Subject: It's getting annoying I have to say, I'm sick of all of the crap going on around here. First of all, I joined this to find out about TMBG, just like everyone else here. I didn't join this to receive 8000 messages a day that say nothing. It takes 10 minutes or so just to read what you all say. At the end of 10 minutes, I've realized that you've said nothing. I don't mind if you are just going to say something "dumb", however, say all of your "dumb" things in one message, not five different ones. You know who you are that when I check my newmail directory, I see four names covering at least 20 messages. Please stop the nonsense, or at least condense it to one message. Thanks. Tim ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 07 Dec 95 02:01:20 -0800 From: michael jackson Organization: me bum Subject: Composition in Cream and Chocolate http://mud.bsd.uchicago.edu/~mohanraj/cream.html > This work is copyright M.A. Mohanraj 1994, all rights reserved. > Please don't repost this or make it publically accessible via FTP, > mail server, or archive site without my explicit permission. > Permission is granted for one hard copy for personal use. > > COMPOSITION IN CREAM AND CHOCOLATE > > You walk into the small room with its vaulting ceiling. The lights > dim automatically as you take your seat in the comfortable green > chair. A blond man walks across the darkened stage, and a spotlight > hits his face, casting sharp shadows across its pale lines. He > smiles at you, the sole patron of this most elegant club tonight. > > "A private show?" he asks. You nod, waiting for him to announce the > act. His smile deepens, as he steps back, gesturing grandly at the > room around you. "Welcome to Wench Works! Tonight for your > entertainment and...pleasure...we have a very special performance. > Please sit back, have a drink, and enjoy the show!" > > The spotlight abruptly cuts off, and the man disappears into sudden > darkness. Your eyes take a moment to adjust, and even when they do > the stage appears black. Music swells in the background, an invisble > orchestra playing an unusual theme. It is slow, controlled, and > somehow subtly erotic. It leaves you with the impression of massive > power, chanelled into a thing of great beauty, and trails off > tantalizingly, unfinished. > > A golden spotlight hits the bare stage, near the front. It moves > slowly backwards, up the center stage, and focuses on a pair of > black boots. Ever-so-faintly, you can make out silver tracery on the > boots as your eye, and the spotlight, follows them upwards. The spot > outlines tight black pants, clinging to clearly-defined muscles in > long, lean legs. The pants hide nothing. They caress strong thighs > and narrow hips before disappearing under a midnight blue silk > shirt. > > The shirt is very thin and slides gently in the breeze from the > ceiling fan, turning lazily on this hot night. You are sweating as > you follow the light, and a drop of perspiration slides down your > collarbone to fall into the crevice between your breasts. You almost > regret wearing black tonight, as even a light chiffon dress is too > hot in this small room. You take a drink from the glass on the > table, tipping your head back as the cool liquid slips down your > throat, careful to keep your eyes on the stage. > > The spotlight has paused, as if waiting for you to put down your > glass, and as you do so, it starts moving upwards again, and the > music returns softly. It thrums a gentle counterpoint as the light > plays over a dancer's body. There is little mass here, but there is > power in the shoulders, in the chest, in the arms. The silk shirt is > buttoned all the way to the top, and a loose black vest hangs over > it, also buttoned. You feel sorry for the man in all of the layers, > and feel a desire to relieve his...discomfort. You restrain yourself > though, and your only movement now is your foot tapping in time to > the music. > > The light refuses to move above his neck, though it expands down to > include his entire body, a sword of midnight and black lit by the > golden glow. His hands slowly rise from his sides to the top button > of the black vest, which is also traced in silver. He starts to > unbutton the vest, oddly caressing each button, sliding his hands up > and around, his fingertips circling before he tugs gently at the > buttonhole. > > Your nipples are growing hard as you watch him, pressing through the > fragile fabric despite the heat of the room. You re-cross your legs, > feeling the chiffon damp against your thighs, folds of fabric > trapped between your legs. You continue to tap to the music, the > motion rubbing one leg against the other in a slow, steady rhythm. > > He does all three buttons that way, slowly teasing. He shrugs out of > the vest in one smooth, practiced motion, leaving it to pool behind > him on the floor. He reaches to undo the top button of the silk > shirt, and freezes as you lift your hand. Evidently, he can see you > clearly, even if you can't see his face. You crook a finger and > beckon him towards you. He comes. > > He walks slowly off the stage, disappearing for a moment into unlit > darkness. The music begins to increase in tempo, a slight change > that perhaps only a musician would catch. Or someone concentrating > very, very hard. The room is still black. > > Then the flicker of candlelight coming towards you. A tall, white > candle, welcome against the darkness. He walks around the circular > room, lighting similar white candles hung in wall sconces. He then > brings his to you, and places it on the table near your glass. He > stands silent, awaiting your pleasure. > > You can finally see his face, barely lit by candlelight. Pale blue > eyes glow out of a pale face to match. Silken blond hair falls > forward, obscuring one eye. You reach up to brush the hair aside, > coming half way out of your chair. He catches your wrist, smiling, > and shakes a silent 'no'. He releases your hand and you let it fall > as you sit back down. You slide down the silk shirt, damp in the > heat, pressing your small hand against his skin through the thin > fabric. > > You slide it further, to the bulge in the tight black pants, cupping > your hand around quickly hardening flesh. You run your fingers up > and down his inner thigh, moving up to caress his balls, then > between his legs to squeeze a firm buttock. He stands motionless > throughout and only because he is so close can you hear his > quickened breath above the music. > > You then lean forward and gently breathe on that space just inside > his hip. Reaching out with your tongue, you trace a path to his now > hard cock, nibbling gently through the fabric. Your hand between his > legs pulls him closer and he sways forward, extending one hand to > the table for support. The other finds its way to your hair and > wraps itself in long, black waves, pulling your head closer as well. > > You give him one more kiss and pull away, though. His hand in your > hair is still, exerting no force. You stand up, coming only to his > chest, and deliberately begin to undo buttons. One, two, three, > four...using that same terribly slow movement that he taught to you > from the stage. His chest is smooth, as you prefer, almost hairless. > You rub your cheek against it as you continue to undo buttons. Five, > six, seven...and eight. Finished, you reach up and slip the shirt of > f his shoulders. It slides off, until caught at the wrists. You > hadn't undone the buttons at the cuffs, and he is trapped within the > shirt. You leave him that way. > > You begin to drop tiny kisses on his skin, following a long, slow > path down one arm. You nip gently at the elbow as he tries to remain > still, and spend an endless time licking and sucking each finger of > his left hand. You enjoy this immensely, circling the tips with your > tongue, biting very gently with your teeth, humming in the back of > your throat in time to the swelling music. > > You then let go of his hand and return to his white body. You pause > to mark him, sucking hard at the tender juncture of neck and > collarbone until a violent red mark appears. You pull back to admire > your work, then pull your fingernails down his chest, just hard > enough to leave clear red lines, beautiful against the white skin. > You look back up at him, and he is smiling. > > You go back to dropping kisses down his body, curving over his > chest, sliding down his stomach, your tongue licking at the sweat > coating his skin. You nibble at his ribs, and his right hand, still > caught in your hair, pulls you sharply away. Your head is pulled > back so you are forced to look at him briefly. He shakes his head > again. You nod in agreement and he relaxes his grip. > > Now your fingers undo the button on his pants and unzip them. He > wears nothing underneath, and his cock is caught against one side. > You reach in with your right hand and grasp it firmly, pulling it > out of its prison and into the open air. > > The air in the room is cooler now. A cold breeze is blowing from up > in the rafters, and the sweat is cooling quickly on your body, > chilling your skin. You move closer to him and kneel down, your hair > falling around you. You are an elegant line of black, your body > silhouetted in candlelight. > > You unlace his boots quickly, growing impatient. He lifts each leg > so you can pull off the boots and toss them under the table. Black > socks go too, and it only takes a moment for you to reach up and > pull down the black pants, unpeeling them from his muscled legs. He > steps out of those as well, and now stands clad only in the blue > silk hanging from his wrists, one hand still entangled in your hair. > > He is beautiful in the candlelight, glowing lion-gold. You rise to > your feet again, and stand before him, still fully dressed yourself. > You shiver in the growing cold, and lean forward to press a chaste > kiss on warm lips...but the kiss doesn't remain chaste for long. He > captures your mouth in his, and the kiss turns almost violent. His > tongue probes your mouth, exploring, as his hands clasp your waist > and pull you towards him. > > He cannot embrace you fully with his arms constrained, but his > fingers hold you firmly, the thin chiffon no barrier as strong hands > slide down your hips to cup your thighs and pull you to him. His > warmth is welcome against the cold of the room. His eyes glow pale > blue in the candlelight. > > You suddenly notice the music crescendoing, and you are somehow > sinking down to the lushly carpeted floor, underneath him. He is > kissing you fiercely now, and you moan, arching up to meet him as > his fingers dig into your buttocks. There is the faint sound of > fabric tearing and his arms are suddenly sliding up your curving > back, tangling once more in your hair, scratching down the dark > brown skin covering your spine. > > Your own arms are wrapped around his at first, but as he pulls down > the straps of the black dress, you relax your arms and slip them > free, curving up so he can pull down the top of the dress. He > quickly unsnaps the front of your lace bra, freeing your breasts > into the chill of the room, their dark nipples firm and erect in the > bracing cold, and your own heat. He drops one last quick kiss on > your lips, and then begins to tease your nipples with his tongue, > tracing inward spirals on your breast until he has almost reached > the nipple and then suddenly changing to the other breast, leaving > you gasping. > > You only tolerate this for a few minutes before you reach up and > pull his head towards you, whimpering softly as you do so. You'll > never know whether it was the whimper or your movement that caused > him to take pity on you, but soon his mouth is warm and wet against > your right nipple, sucking and pulling and nibbling gently while he > rolls the left in practiced fingers. > > He then begins to nibble the skin of your stomach, your ribs, > pushing the dress down until it just covers your hips and he can > taste the salty skin near your hipbones. Your moans are almost > covered by the rising music. You are writhing beneath him now, > begging under your breath for him to please fuck you now, sliding > your legs down his sides so the chiffon rides high on your thighs. > The fabric inches upward until you can finally rub your cunt against > his skin, bare flesh against flesh. > > At that he seems to break, and lifts his head from your body long > enough to look at you one more time. Then he slides his hands down > and at first he seems to be removing your dress but he's actually > sliding it up and lifting you higher and he is suddenly plunging in > you, his long hard cock enveloped in your warm wetness. The music > swells to a grand crescendo now, and the room is echoing as he moves > back and forth inside you. Your legs wrap around him and you pull > him closer, using his body to pull yourself deeper and harder > against him. > > And you are splitting inside and out and you are both sweating now > despite the cold, your slick bodies sliding against each other and > your long black hair sprayed out behind you like a fan against the > dark green carpet. He bends down once more to a breast and bites and > your fingers are digging deep into his shoulders. Your legs are > clenched tight against his body trying to hold him still but he is > too far gone for that and pounds deeper and faster and you are > suddenly screaming above the music and you are both curving into a > sudden frozen arc and the spotlight suddenly comes down on you both, > blinding white. As you collapse into a pile of cream and chocolate > skin, limbs wrapped around each other, his head resting on your > shoulder, a solo flute arpeggios its way up into ending. > > As the spotlight fades to black, restrained clapping is heard from > the gallery up in the rafters. The clapping swells as more of the > audience joins in, until the room is thundering with applause. You > relax, finally satisfied. > > -------------------------------------------------------------------- > M.A. Mohanraj > August 29, 1993 > > Click here to go HOME ------------------------------ Subject: Re: J&J Gay? Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 01:06:50 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Adam P. Fistler: >> confirmation/denial? I seem to find a lot of "coming out of the >> closet" symbolism in "No One Knows My Plan", you know, "I must be >> silent, must contain my secret smile, I want to tell you, you, my >> mirror, you my iron bars. When I made a shadow on my window shade, >> they called the police and testifed", but that's probably just >> subjective, as interpretations tend to be. [...] > thier thinking of an evil plan). And I'd hardly think you'd get sent > to jail for being Gay. (Unless you lived in Nazi Germany or some > other Fasit state). However music is art therefore it can be > interperted anyway the listener thinks. You can take the "in jail" metaphor literally or figuratively. In both cases, it supports the concept of a gay narrator. In the former case, the narrator is actually IN JAIL, perhaps for sodomy, which is still illegal in most states (now you know what the "shadow on the windowshade" is ;) But then again, it's a singular "shadow" - "A shadow" if memory serves, so this may or may not relate. Taken figuratively, it is more akin to the whole "closet" metaphor; that is, the narrator feels oppressed - "locked in" if you will - and unable to live out life as he wants. Other symbolism - the blueprint of the angle: reference to the pink triangles that homosexual folks were forced to wear in Nazi Germany? Still unresolved: what are the sketches of "burning autumn leaves" doing in this song? ============================================ Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu Chris Bongaarts My opinions are my own, http://umn.edu/~cab Univ. of Minnesota and they are right. CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) GCS d-- s:+ a21 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N++ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE+ Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.0] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-88 *****************************