Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-91 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 91 Sunday, 10 December 1995 Today's Topics: Every Christmas card I write gets stolen. EPs and other good stuff... how i got into THEY. Every Christmas card I write gets stolen. Phili show info Re: Phili show info TMBG in Afrikaans finally WE'RE GIANTS? Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- There have been a lot of off topic posts, people posting the list rules for me, and people not on the list posting to the list lately. This will no longer be tolerated. The list has been reconfigured to allow only posts from the address that you subscribed from. I will _NOT_ be hand approving posts from other sites, they will be deleted. Please see my post to the list for more information. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 11:24:40 +0700 From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott Dodson) Subject: Every Christmas card I write gets stolen. ................................................................................ Does anyone know any stories about the "O Tannunbaum/ Christmas Cards" record? Did they just make up that "Christmas Cards" song as they went along? Sounds like it, but I kinda like that. I like their really bad stuff. I treasure Misc. T because it has crap like "Hello Radio" and "Mr. Klaw". I've noticed that John and John have a substantial number of songs about Christmas or Christmas-related icons. Scott ................................................................................ ------------------------------ From: sl86@prism.gatech.edu (Tracey E. Lange) Subject: EPs and other good stuff... Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 14:50:59 -0500 (EST) Hi there everyone! :) I've got all of the actual albums, but none of the singles or other recordings, and I was wondering a few things. First, the Info Club newsletter says that some of the EPs are only available in a certain form (ie, cassette only). Does that mean that is the only way their little company offers them, or the only way period? Also, is Linnell's 'State Songs' for sale in regular music stores, not just through the Hello Recording Club? Thanks a lot for your help.:) Blue Canary "Keep the nightlight on inside the Birdhouse in your soul..." -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 17:19:09 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: how i got into THEY. I remember going over a friend of mine's house (few years ago) and he just happen to be doing a little stop motion animation with his video camera and some action figures and barnyard animals from this farm set. we needed a relatively short song to use as backround music (stop motion animation takes forever to do because for every 1 second of film you need 1 minute of preparation) we went through his collection of cd's and i found MISC T we ended up using "it's not my birthday" and from that day forth i've been in love with TMBG and "it's not my birthday". by the way IN FRENCH: the previous 2 were kinda wrong. according to my french teacher: Peut-Etre Ils sont geants it translates to "maybe they are giants" may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Every Christmas card I write gets stolen. Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 18:52:14 -0500 (EST) > Does anyone know any stories about the "O Tannunbaum/ Christmas Cards" > record? Did they just make up that "Christmas Cards" song as they went > along? Sounds like it, but I kinda like that. I like their really bad > stuff. I treasure Misc. T because it has crap like "Hello Radio" and "Mr. > Klaw". I've noticed that John and John have a substantial number of songs > about Christmas or Christmas-related icons. Well Xmas is just cool! ;) About Hello Radio and Mr. Klaw, I can see how you could think Hello Radio is crappy as all they say is Hello, hello, hello in the whole thing, but I tend to think Mr. Klaw is actually good, it's a cool song man! Matt -- *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles | "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds *-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 09 Dec 1995 19:48:22 +0500 From: Patrick Savage Subject: Phili show info For everyone who was looking for info on the Philadelphia show coming up: -12/30 at a place called The Trocadero (sorry don't know the time) -Martinis are the opening band -Tickets are $16.50 plus lots of miscellaneous charges. Call TM at 215-336-2000 for tickets -I'M GOING!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeee! Pat --- psavage@vt.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 20:15:39 -0500 (EST) From: Lady J Subject: Re: Phili show info didn't the blues brothers do a show in their movie at a place called, "the trocadero"? ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ "Is it not strange that sheep's guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?" -Much Ado About Nothing aimee elisabeth pflieger apfliege@indiana.edu NEED AUGMENTED CHILDREN'S BOOKS? I'M YOUR GIRL. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 01:38:11 GMT From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Subject: TMBG in Afrikaans In Afrikaans: Hulle kan reusagtig wees Coming soon-ish (but don't hold your breath; TMBG in Zulu Joe ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 00:13:16 -0500 (CDT) From: The Pez that stole christmas Subject: finally Well its been a good week - picked up testimonial dinner - as far as tribute albums go I must admit this is one of the better ones . . . and I'm proud to say that tonight I found the Power Ranger soundtrack at our local used cd place!!!!! Six Bucks and none of it going to the Rangers themselves. AAAAHHHHH isn't it wonderful... and actually after listening to it - It is worth full price. For all of those still questioning - SENSURROUND ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!1 it is a return to that great catchy giant sound! fun for the ear and the sternum! Now all I am lacking is Istanbul single, Rubiyat, and the import John Henry (the one with the live EP). How is the live one with JH? The cheapest price I have found on it in town so far is 33 bucks..... and I've already got jh so is it worth it??????? Anyway enough of my mindless blabber, blue PEZ man ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 22:40:57 -0800 From: gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) Subject: WE'RE GIANTS? About a year ago I was at my trusty cool import CD store, and they (not to be confused with They) told me there's a TMBG live/rarities (maybe bootleg?) CD from Japan called "We're Giants." They tried to order it for me, but to no avail. Has anyone heard of or seen this mysterious CD? Can't quite figure it out. Also--accordian fans--Rhino has a CD out called "Legends of Accordian" that's a scream. Lots o' polkas and cheesy stuff. Mostly great, and it's in a case that actually folds open & closed like... you guessed it... an accordian. Waiting for that Superfueled day..... Greg. p.s. Love TMBG, but can't stand that Weird Al fellow. p.p.s. My vote for favorite song: Where Your Eyes Don't Go! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-91 *****************************