Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-95 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 95 Thursday, 14 December 1995 Today's Topics: Impress your friends! band list Re: Impress your friends! Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-94 Arabic Hallmark is down toward Foleys on your left-hand side. Re: band list Re: Impress your friends! Re: Singles home page One more for the band... Re: One more for the band... spoonerisms door Re: That band thing. Re: Impress your friends! Re: Impress your friends! Re: We're Giants! Live & Rare oh my. Re: oh my. Blondie tribute Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 21:46:47 +1300 (NZDT) From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael Carr) Subject: Impress your friends! zey might be zhiants (french) um what I was going to suggest is that everyone send me fifty dollars. Actually, I was just thinking, why not do sperate songs per area and then have a compilation album? Or you could record your bits seperate and someone with ultrabrill facilities could mix it for you. so pick a song already?! they might be giants that I can hold and hug and squeeze and cuddle like widdle fuzzy wuzzy hugbundles...(Elmyra from tinytoons?) +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= "Change is inevitable....except from a vending machine" ********************* Michael Carr new email address (coming soon) budholly@earthlight.co.nz +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 07:18:37 -0500 Subject: band list From: grant3@usa.pipeline.com (Mr. Klaw) Ok since this list has grown so much since i posted it yesterday. Here it is again... Anyone who would like to be added, send your name what you play and where you live to me... sorry if any info is wrong.... 1)Fran-aka-The Vonnegut Vassal-Plays Cello and sings. From Ithaca, NY during school and near Lancaster, PA over breaks... 2)Jenny-aka-She-ra Princess of Power-Sorta plays piano, sings. From Texas... 3)Kerry Leanne Smith-Plays Trombone and most other low brass instruments. >From North Carolina... 4)Jeanette Frost-Plays unknown. From Iselin, NJ from 12-23 to 1-22 and Trenton NJ from 1-23 to 5-something. 5)Amie Longenbaugh-Plays viola/violin, mallets, tympani. From Arlington Texas... 6)Sara Smith-aka-Copy shop clerk-Plays piano, a little flute, and kazoo. >From Bloomington, Indiana... 7)Karen Sandler-Plays TenorSax, and Bass Clarinet. From Nyc(I think) 8)Sloan Poe-aka-Mr. Klaw-Plays Bari-Sax. From Greenville, South Carolina. 9)Alex Dresko-aka-Rabid Ears-Plays Tenor sax. From Greenville, South Carolina. 10)Katrina Hockin-Plays piano. From Chicago. 11)Paul-aka-The Rentals-Plays guitar, violin, sings. From Texas... 12)Jamie Jim Joe Junior-Plays guitar. From Hazleton, Pennsylvania.... 13)Lady J-Plays piano, clarinet, recorder, sings. From Indiana... 14)Jeanette-aka-Frosty the Supervisor-Plays Accordian, Clarinet, and a little bass guitar. From Ewing, NJ... 15)Paul Leonard-Plays violin and guitar soon. From Arlington, Texas.... 16)Jonathan Chaffer-Plays Trombone, Piano, Vocals. From Mt. Pleasant, Michigan... 17)Tara Patenaude-Plays kazoo sings. From Andover, Ma during breaks. From Collegeville, Pa during school... 18)Rabid Child-Plays large cymbals, triangle. From Jackson, WY.... 19)Michael C. Lebovitz-aka-Lebo-Plays Bass guitar, Piano, and sings. From Malvern, PA... 20)Mike Orsega-Has 8 years of experience of mimicing their voices. From Athens, Georgia... -- "Time and Tide are one thing that no one understands." "Can't shake the devil's hand and say your only kidding." -TMBG- Mr. Klaw...... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 07:20:24 -0500 Subject: Re: Impress your friends! From: mrme@usa.pipeline.com (Rabbit Ears) On Dec 13, 1995 21:46:47, 'michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael Carr)' wrote: >zey might be zhiants (french) > >um what I was going to suggest is that everyone send me fifty dollars. >Actually, I was just thinking, why not do sperate songs per area and then >have a compilation album? Or you could record your bits seperate and >someone with ultrabrill facilities could mix it for you. >so pick a song already?! >they might be giants that I can hold and hug and squeeze and cuddle like >widdle fuzzy wuzzy hugbundles...(Elmyra from tinytoons?) > hahhaha yes, that is was i was just about to suggest.. if somebody has a four-track recorder, we could all make our tapes of the music that we know, and then we could mail them to whoever it was had it and he/she could put it all together? so whuchasay? -- :Rabbit Ears: ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 95 07:28:49 EST From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-94 hi all! thanks for all the messages about the sheet music. i ordered it from the tmbg catalog thingy about four or five years ago or so. as it is in my bf's apartment at this very moment, it will be a day or so before i can send you guys the chords, but i *will* do it. today is the last day of finals, and i am up ohso early, so i am going to do it after i take a nizap. :) take care! peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: 13 Dec 1995 06:26:29 -0800 From: "GOODPASTURE Ryan" Subject: Arabic My Libyan friend sez, in Arabic: Momkin Yakoono Amaliqa That's phonetic, so i'll try to find a 'proper' english rendition? Momkin - They Might Yakoono - To Be Amaliqa - Giants ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:57:28 +0700 From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott Dodson) Subject: Hallmark is down toward Foleys on your left-hand side. ................................................................................ Who lives in Texas? Who lives in Austin? Who goes to U.T.? Who works at Highland Mall? Me, that's who. This does concern TMBG in a way. I work at a little customer service booth at one of the local malls. Anyway, a few days ago, I was servin' customers when I saw a man walk by wearing the Hayseed Johns TMBG T-shirt. I instantly stopped what I was doing and shouted, "THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS!" Several folks turned around and looked at me. The man with the shirt simply said, "They might," and walked down the JCPenney's wing. My coworkers asked me what TMBG means. I told them that TMBG was the name of the greatest band that ever lived. Later, the man with the shirt came back to the service desk and asked me where Hallmark card store was. I told him. Anyway, I'm happy to be sharing my mall with fellow TMBG-lovers! Scott ................................................................................ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 12:58:54 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: Re: band list Um.... just to avoid confusion, #14 and #4 are the same person...... me. Don't get all flustered, there's only one Jeanette. (last time I checked.) Luv, 'Nette --do-not-read-below-this-line-if-you-don't-like-it!!-- <<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>> "Good night, everybody!" - Yakko *------------------------------------------------------ Q of the week! Exactly how many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? *------------------------------------------------------ Jeanette Frost(y the Supervisor) frost@trenton.edu Trenton State College, in scenic Ewing, NJ (go fig) <<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>> ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 13:01:48 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: Re: Impress your friends! I have access to a professional-quality recording studio, if the NE segment of this group wants to record there. I am also the proud owner of a four-track reel-to-reel, for those of you who wanna send tapes about. Luv, peace, and music, 'Nette --do-not-read-below-this-line-if-you-don't-like-it!!-- <<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>> "Good night, everybody!" - Yakko *------------------------------------------------------ Q of the week! Exactly how many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? *------------------------------------------------------ Jeanette Frost(y the Supervisor) frost@trenton.edu Trenton State College, in scenic Ewing, NJ (go fig) <<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>> ------------------------------ From: "Kerry Leanne Smith" Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 13:16:14 -0500 Subject: Re: Singles Alright, me again.. does anyone have a list of all the singles like "Why Does the Sun Shine" and "Back to Skull"? I'm mainly interested in the singles that contain songs that aren't on They Might Be Giants, Miscellaneous T, Flood, Lincoln, Apollo 18, or John Henry. Remixes are good, too. Also, if anyone has any of these (especially ones 'out-of-print') and are willing to part with them (ha!), please email me personally. Oh yeah, also i'm only interested in ones that are on CDs.. So anyone that has a list of singles that are 1) on CD 2) contain different songs that aren't on the main albums.. remixes are considered to be different I would really like to get all of em, but right now a list of what i need to get would be good :) Thanks all! -- +==============================================================+ | Kerry Smith ___________/| | | klsmith2@eos.ncsu.edu (_|____|____\|_______ | | Sophomore, Computer Science >|_|___________)' | | North Carolina State University | | http://www4.ncsu.edu/eos/users/k/klsmith2/mosaic/index.html | +==============================================================+ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 13:13:53 -0500 Subject: home page From: grant3@usa.pipeline.com (Mr. Klaw) Hey everybody go to my newly aquired home page and tell me what you think.... http://pwp.usa.pipelin.com/~grant3/crumbs.htm -- "Time and Tide are one thing that no one understands." "Can't shake the devil's hand and say your only kidding." -TMBG- Mr. Klaw...... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 14:55:30 -0600 (CST) From: Brooks Ann Camper Subject: One more for the band... My roommate and I have been pseudo-setting up our own TMBG cover band. We are two females, I play the accordian and she plays the guitar. We each sing lead and harmony (although we both love harmony and fight over who gets to sing it). We are called "They Might Not Be". We have T-shirts and everything. Stays crispy in milk, brooks ann ------------------------------ From: KShumwayUT@aol.com Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 16:01:08 -0500 Subject: Re: One more for the band... > My roommate and I have been pseudo-setting up our own TMBG cover band. > We are two females, I play the accordian and she plays the guitar. We > each sing lead and harmony (although we both love harmony and fight > over who gets to sing it). We are called "They Might Not Be". We have > T-shirts and everything. I think that is really cool..... That is what the band was missing was an accordian player..... "My cat can eat a whole watermelon" Ruben & Ed (movie quote) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 15:17:56 +0700 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: spoonerisms Mey Thight Ge Biants :) ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: door Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 16:17:25 -0500 (EST) They Might Be Giants is not behind the green glass door. -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles | "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 13:26:29 -0800 (PST) From: Littlewood Subject: Re: That band thing. Well, I personally can play Violin and Viola (the latter I'm still working out) but really can't get any of Their songs down from ear (I stayed up until about 1 last night trying to get the start of Istanbul). I also know another student (we're not at Reed College, tho) who can play drums. Were both here in Portland, OR, so if anyone else is who's going to be in the quasi band thingy, I can hopefully meet sometime (if it all works out). Cool! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 17:14:38 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: Impress your friends! > > hahhaha yes, that is was i was just about to suggest.. if somebody has a > four-track recorder, we could all make our tapes of the music that we know, > and then we could mail them to whoever it was had it and he/she could put > it all together? > > so whuchasay? > -- > > :Rabbit Ears: > I've a 4-track, but the problem would be a) key signatures, b) tempo, c) sound quality, and d) all of the above. So if everybody wants to send me a recording of you playing Ana Ng in the concert key of E minor at 120, as recorded in a way to produce a high quality sound that can be transfered from cassette to 4-track (gasp for breath...) I can do it. But since I'm being sarcastic, I'll most likely just send your tape back. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 18:24:53 -0500 Subject: Re: Impress your friends! From: mrme@usa.pipeline.com (Rabbit Ears) On Dec 13, 1995 17:14:38, '"Michael C. Lebovitz" ' wrote: >> >> hahhaha yes, that is was i was just about to suggest.. if somebody has a >> four-track recorder, we could all make our tapes of the music that we know, >> and then we could mail them to whoever it was had it and he/she could put >> it all together? >> >> so whuchasay? >> -- >> >> :Rabbit Ears: >> > >I've a 4-track, but the problem would be a) key signatures, b) tempo, c) >sound quality, and d) all of the above. > >So if everybody wants to send me a recording of you playing Ana Ng in the >concert key of E minor at 120, as recorded in a way to produce a high >quality sound that can be transfered from cassette to 4-track (gasp for >breath...) I can do it. > > But since I'm being sarcastic, I'll most likely just send your >tape back. > >lebo > >. -- actually, i believe that if we record ourselves while anther quiet playing CD is playing through headphone or something, then it just might work? sloan and i can try it out and then combine our tapes.. i think it will work... but hey, what do i know.. :Rabbit Ears: ------------------------------ From: jeffk914@groucho.roc.servtech.com (Jeff Kyle) Subject: Re: We're Giants! Live & Rare Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 23:24:21 GMT Organization: Silly Party, Inc. On Tue, 12 Dec 1995 16:58:42 -0600, you wrote: > >gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) wrote: > >>> They) told me there's a TMBG live/rarities (maybe >>>bootleg?) CD from Japan called "We're Giants." They tried to order it for >>>me, but to no avail. Has anyone heard of or seen this mysterious CD? > >"We're Giants (Live & Rare)" is a Japanese import of Miscellaneous T. >That's it. Not live; not rare. Caveat emptor. Is it? Ouch! Time to call and cancel my order of it! :) Thanks for the info. | Jeff Kyle jeffk914@groucho.roc.servtech.com | | Rochester, NY "Katarina" 1975 Porsche 914 | | http://www.servtech.com/public/jeffk914 | | Car pictures, TMBG MIDI archive, and more! | | Someone's gotta say it - "Free As a Bird" sucks. | ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 19:53:51 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: oh my. I ALMOST FORGOT...I GOT TICKETS TO THE TMBG SHOW IN D.C. FOR JAN 17!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 20:53:43 -0500 Subject: Re: oh my. From: mrme@usa.pipeline.com (Rabbit Ears) On Dec 13, 1995 19:53:51, '"DAVID A. MEYERSON" ' wrote: >I ALMOST FORGOT...I GOT TICKETS TO THE TMBG SHOW IN D.C. FOR JAN 17!!!!!!!! >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >may the force be with you >daniel -- watching star wars too? :Rabbit Ears: ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 21:02:31 -0800 From: gregb@westworld.com (Greg Benson) Subject: Blondie tribute >> They) told me there's a TMBG live/rarities (maybe >>bootleg?) CD from Japan called "We're Giants." They tried to order it for >>me, but to no avail. Has anyone heard of or seen this mysterious CD? >"We're Giants (Live & Rare)" is a Japanese import of Miscellaneous T. >That's it. Not live; not rare. Caveat emptor. Damn! There ought to be a law against that or something. Well, thanks for the info. Those lying bastards... Here's something I read in ICE newsletter about 6 months ago... TMBG is going to record a song for an upcoming Blondie tribute CD!!! What song and when it's due I have no idea. Anybody else heard anything? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-95 *****************************