Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #1-98 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 1, Number 98 Sunday, 17 December 1995 Today's Topics: sighting... the tmbg games tmbg quote /censored/ Appearances, TV Re: tmbg quote /censored/ Re: tmbg quote /censored/ Re: Appearances, TV Enquiring minds and all greetings.. Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-96 Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 09:03:31 -0500 Subject: sighting... From: mrme@usa.pipeline.com (Rabbit Ears) i think it's novembers cd rom today.. in the blue pages.. under alt music i think.. check it out... it's small.. but it's them... -- :Rabbit Ears: ------------------------------ From: Plaguerat2@aol.com Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 13:20:58 -0500 Subject: the tmbg games they're pretty good at lawn bowling too... but they're just terrible at archery... linnel missed the bull and impaled the basist from green day (which isnt a bad thing) the plaguerat ------------------------------ From: Plaguerat2@aol.com Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 13:21:01 -0500 Subject: tmbg quote /censored/ well hello all, Residing in good ol' Ct.. I was lucky enough to get accepted at a really expensuve prep school.. No one here would know good music if it bit them on the ass.. but thats a different point altogether... I submitted a paraphrased tmbg lyric for my senior quote.. it is as follows: I was the worst hope of my generation, destroyed by madness, starving hysterical. i should be allowed to share my feelings, i should be allowed to think.... ..... but sadly this will never be, i am not allowed to think.................................. Now being that Im in the most censorship plagued school in the entire world (the schools joke of a newspaper is run by a believer in the theories of marx, and is frequently seen wearing pro-communist t-shirts... who obviously thinks we're in the old soviet union will not let any thing questionable into thew newspaper) sent this quaote through a review board and deemed this quaote a direct attack on the administration and faculty.. my point is if they dont print the quote, doesnt their actions prove the validity of the quote? still not allowed to think............ the plaguerat ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 12:37:39 +0700 From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott Dodson) Subject: Appearances, TV ................................................................................ I have the October of 1994 120 Minutes taped, (They hosted it), and I have the Live from the House of the Blues on tape. We really should get these all on one big compilation tape and disribute it. Did They ever go on Arsenio? Scott ................................................................................ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 19:04:11 +0000 (GMT) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Re: tmbg quote /censored/ On Sat, 16 Dec 1995 Plaguerat2@aol.com wrote: > > Now being that Im in the most censorship plagued school in the entire world > (the schools joke of a newspaper is run by a believer in the theories of > marx, and is frequently seen wearing pro-communist t-shirts... who obviously > thinks we're in the old soviet union will not let any thing questionable > into the newspaper) sent this quote through a review board and deemed this > quote a direct attack on the administration and faculty.. Sorry, but this doesn't quite make sense. This bloke's a raging communist, but attends and vigorously defends an "expensive prep school". Surely if he was such a left winger, he'd be trying to raze the schoolto the ground or something similar. A believer in the theories of Marx... doesn't that make him a Marxist rather than Communist? Pro-communist T-Shirts??? Do they sell them in the good old US of A? How thoroughly UnAmerican. Where's Senator McCarthy when you need him? Mark ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: tmbg quote /censored/ Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 16:25:11 -0500 (EST) > > On Sat, 16 Dec 1995 Plaguerat2@aol.com wrote: > > > > > Now being that Im in the most censorship plagued school in the entire world > > (the schools joke of a newspaper is run by a believer in the theories of > > marx, and is frequently seen wearing pro-communist t-shirts... who obviously > > thinks we're in the old soviet union will not let any thing questionable > > into the newspaper) sent this quote through a review board and deemed this > > quote a direct attack on the administration and faculty.. > > Sorry, but this doesn't quite make sense. This bloke's a raging > communist, but attends and vigorously defends an "expensive prep school". > Surely if he was such a left winger, he'd be trying to raze the schoolto > the ground or something similar. You are right about this. > A believer in the theories of Marx... doesn't that make him a > Marxist rather than Communist? Pro-communist T-Shirts??? Do they sell them That would make him a Marxist but didn't Marx write the Communist Manifesto? Now granted Marx would not believe in the way the communists set up and ran the former Soviet Union but he did believe in a proletariet communist society did he not? (I could be wrong I'm not a history nor political science major). > in the good old US of A? How thoroughly UnAmerican. Where's Senator > McCarthy when you need him? Hehehe, yeah unAmerican but anything will sell in the USA, heck you can buy the Anarchist Cookbook from some book stores. Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu,elrond@charm.net http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"| Eireannach siochan | Wedge Antilles | "I'm not the only dust my mother raised."--TMBG| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-Joy Division-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|The Other Two|Rush|Morrissey|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.---------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 16:29:34 -0600 (CST) From: Erik Swedberg Subject: Re: Appearances, TV > I have the October of 1994 120 Minutes taped, (They hosted it), and I have > the Live from the House of the Blues on tape. We really should get these > all on one big compilation tape and disribute it. Did They ever go on > Arsenio? i dont think so...but they did host 2 episodes of 120 min. and on they second, between the talking/reading teleprompter parts, they performed lyricless versions (with the full band) of some of their songs, most memorable no one knows my plan (before it had lyrics!)...it was pretty smoov...and they apparently also dod Nick Rocks a long time ago..like around the time of lincoln. erik (swedberg@falcon.ece.utexas.edu) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 16:29:36 -0600 (CST) From: "She-ra, Princess of Power" Subject: Enquiring minds and all Hullo, kids. I was jut wondering how many of you know all the words to T-bone Stankus' immortal little ditty, "Existential Blues?" It's kind of a bet between my buddy Liz and I. I think everyone on earth knows them, and she thinks no one does. -Jenny, who'd rather have a bottle in front of her than a frontal lobotomy. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 21:15:27 -0500 Subject: greetings.. From: grant3@usa.pipeline.com (Mr. Klaw) this is the almighty rabbit ears.. ummm i'm at mr klaws house.. but that's ok.. anyway, if you want to visit our new little page, you can.. it's got our pictures if you really want to see what we look like,.. but if you don't then, i really don't care.. i'm just bored.. ok i will.. kelly is jynx.. ok.. i'm just typing now. anyway it's http://pwp.usa.pipeline.com/~grant3/combine.htm it's kinda cool to look at.. and it took a while. so anyway.. tah tah. hammer down.. -- "Time and Tide are one thing that no one understands." "Can't shake the devils hand and say your only kidding." -TMBG- Mr Klaw.... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 21:43:15 -0500 (EST) From: Paul Sebold Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #1-96 On Sat, 16 Dec 1995, Frosty the Supervisor wrote: > On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Erik Swedberg wrote: > > > > > > > TMBG are the shiznit. They're all that. And I bet they're > > > pretty good at checkers too. > > > > Yup, and I bet they can clean up in dominoes. > > > > gaucho > > > > > I'd guess that They completely rule at nine-ball, too, and perhaps > even croquet!! > > Luv, > 'Nette > One time I saw them playing Lawn Darts. John F. was so good I couldn't contain myself. And, I'm not even gonna get into the time I saw the Johns synchronized swimming... -I soiled myself SOn Of gOD ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #1-98 *****************************