Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-106 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 106 Monday, 15 April 1996 Today's Topics: Old DAS Online files Re: Blagh Spiralling Shape List Updates Re: List Updates (none) Re: old list stuff Crappy Music I'm a newbie! So I took the personality test. Elizabethtown and West Orange!!! new album Re: Personality Test L/F characteristics Personality and the Radio Re: Crappy Music Re: the new album! Re: the new album! lots o' things. please Give me an answeR, guYs! lots o' things. please Give me an answeR, guYs! Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! distinguishing features... more shirt stuff Re: L/F characteristics E-town concert E-town crappy music, test, shirt tshirt art etc beat me to it Re: My CD's :) Re: Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! I can fufill this I found singles! and stuff Re: Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! I can fufill this Vote against Neo-Naziism on the Net (fwd) concert Re: Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! I can fufill this Re: Crappy Music Re: more shirt stuff Re: more shirt stuff Re: I found singles! and stuff getting Johns mixed up everyone wants to see that groovy thing... E town experience Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 11:25:57 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Old DAS Online files I finally got my Mac-to-tape deck interface working, and I'm beginning a project of recording TMBG rarities from the 'Net to tape. If the result turns out to be good, I might try distributing it to the list via a tape tree. So, I'm writing to ask anyone who has old Dial-a-Song Online files to get in touch with me, as I'd like the tape to be as complete as possible. Also, the Myers-Briggs survey continues. Remember that I'm only counting submissions sent directly to me, *not* those sent to the mailing list. -- jchaffer@tmbg.org http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ "The spiralling shape will make you go insane But everyone wants to see that groovy thing." -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 11:26:02 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: Blagh >Just a quick question guys.... what is the fourth line of the >intermediate verse of "Maine?" (in your opinion) >I will mark with dashes the questioned portion > > I love you anyway (I love you anyway) > I promise there's no other state (there's no other state) > But only if you stay away (But only if you leave) >--------And leave me to my ????? ---------------------------- > > Sounds like "Toddler stick" to me... and the lyrics at the web >site are most definitely wrong, it sounds nothing like "leave my >family out of this" Please note that the web site has TWO sets of lyrics for "Maine." the first is the Dial-a-Song version, which does say "leave my family out of this," at least as far as I can make out. The other lyrics, from Linnell's State Songs, read: I love you anyway (I love you anyway) I promise there's no other state (there's no other state) But only if you stay away (but only if you leave) And leave me to my ugly state (me to my ugly state) -- jchaffer@tmbg.org http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ "The spiralling shape will make you go insane But everyone wants to see that groovy thing." -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 10:29:46 -0500 From: dodsonsblehproductions@mail.utexas.edu (Scott A. Dodson) Subject: Spiralling Shape ................................................................................ Hello, I saw the Kids In The Hall movie last night. TMBG were only on for a split second! It happens during the Music Video Awards sequence. TMBG are spliced in really quickly, between awards. So, be watching for it. I also saw James and the Giant Peach this weekend, and I swear that John Flansburgh is in that movie! If you go see it, look for him near the end. He is one of the reporters on the telephone, making a call about a giant peach. Scott ................................................................................ ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: List Updates Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 11:47:03 -0400 (EDT) I thought I should inform everyone of some changes that are going to be happening here in the near future. I just bought another computer to do all of my web service, mailing lists, and ftp work. Over the next two weeks or so all of the TMBG stuff (web, ftp, and the list) will be moving to that machine. The good news is it should be completely transparent to you, aside from a few delays in processing the list when I move it. I want to make sure that everyone is using @tmbg.org with their mail, so when this stuff moves the aliases @ufp.org will be disappearing. I am pondering offering a new service as well, e-mail aliases or accounts @tmbg.org for everyone who wants a gianthead address. If you are interested in this please let me know. I am considering charging a small fee for this service to help offset the costs of running all this giant stuff. If you are interested would you be willing to pay $10-$20 per year for such a service? The unofficial official release date for the big splashy www.tmbg.com site is the first week of June. Finally, some list statistics: Since September 6 1995 the list has sent out a total of 2.7 gigabytes of list mail. There are currently 156 list, and 300 digest subscribers for a total of 456 people on the list. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 11:12:41 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: List Updates On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Leo Bicknell wrote: > I am pondering offering a new service as well, e-mail > aliases or accounts @tmbg.org for everyone who wants a gianthead > address. If you are interested in this please let me know. I > am considering charging a small fee for this service to help offset > the costs of running all this giant stuff. If you are interested > would you be willing to pay $10-$20 per year for such a service? I would LOVE to be an @tmbg.org'er! I would be willing to pay that kind of money for the access....here's what I would like offered on tmbg.org if possible....irc, pine mail, pico editor, newsgroups, www. Thank you for this idea! it's awesome!!!! *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu)*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/~kopenec )*=- ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 12:23:15 -0400 13 18:40:45 EDT, mjames@justice.loyola.edu (Matthew James) writes: >About the They Got Lost, I missed it because we got there late, but someone >said >that at the beginning they said how they got lost in Hershey, PA (wasn't easy >getting to E-town), so they realy lived up to that new song. have they claimed that they've gotten lost before every performance of this song so far? ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 11:33:23 From: Josh Younger Subject: Re: old list stuff > And what do all these CSFW RHUA AICN PTKK things mean anyway? Let me give it a shot. CRAP SHIT FUCK WANK. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 14:32:07 -0400 From: The Big Blue Dog Subject: Crappy Music Just some random musings.... 1. How is it that you get a song that you absoultely hate stuck in your head? 2. Why is it that that song that you hate always is a hit? Case in point: Smashing Pumpkins....How many of y'all have gotten that STUPID "DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE!" stuck in your head? Why is it that all of these songs are sooo damn catchy... an ah would wahlk 500 miles an ah would wahlk 500 mohr. C'mon join in now....I know you wanna.... I love you. You love me. We're a happy family.... ________________________________________________________ S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com Hey, check out my website!! Ranked in the bottom 95% of all websites!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others."--William Allen White ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 14:56:49 -0400 (EDT) From: Mary Ellen Subject: I'm a newbie! Hello all! My name is Mary Ellen. I've been a list reader for quite some time now, but this is my first brave attempt at exposing my thoughts to all of you. I was at the e-town show and met many happy happy listers. That was my sixth show and I have to say that I was just a little dissappointed in the behavoir of john and john after the show. I went to the Johns Hopkins show in 92 and Flans came out to talk to everyone and sign autographs and share his joy with all of us grateful fans. At the e town show, THEY rushed out and barely looked at all us fans. It made me sad. Although, my friend and fellow lister, nola, screamed out,"Will you marry me?!" and THEY chuckled. Their car was big and luxurious. It was cute to see them driving off. Actually, I think they drove down the steps to escape us, but hey, it was still cute. Anyway, it was really happy to meet all of you from the list. Sorry I've been such a chicken about posting. Someday, we can all hang out in a different Taco Bell parking lot! PS- I work at a post office, so if anyone would like me to send them a James K. Polk stamp, let me know. They're snazzy. ~~~~~~~~~Mary Ellen~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 15:10:03 -0400 (EDT) From: Johnette Frostburg Subject: So I took the personality test. Yes, I broke down and took it, and I am an ENFP. Who else is? (I keep forgetting..... :) Later, and with much love, 'Nette +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Now, THAT'S comedy." - Slappy Squirrel +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "I was unsupervised, I had a real good time. Until I - I hit my head" - John Flansburg "Unsupervised, I Hit My Head" Mono Puff - +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Check out my Web Page!! http://www.trenton.edu/~frost/ Jeanette Frost | aka Johnette Frostburg | Trenton State College +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 15:19:07 -0500 (EST) From: CORT Subject: Elizabethtown and West Orange!!! Hi friends! This is cortney, how are ya! I promised that I'd post about the E-town show, so here I (finally) am!!!: Well, first of all, the night did not go *exactly* as planned, but all's well that ends well, right? 8 ) We got terribly lost on the way to E-town (who DIDN'T? haha, They included!), so we were late....however, our timing could not have been better! My two friends and I just happened to be the only people standing there (besides staff, of course) when They pulled up in Their car! Since we were the only fans in sight, John, John, and Eric said hi to us on Their way in! Pretty neat! We weren't as late as we thought, I ended up being the first one in line! (Don't get too too jealous though - I couldn't go in first! I had to wait outside to meet my roommate who never showed up!) The show itself was pretty good! The energy level was not at its highest, but They played bunches of Their new songs (Older, XTC vs. Adam Ant, Reprehensible, Rat Patrol, They Got Lost (the theme of the night!), On the Drag, Counterfeit Faker, etc...) They also did a neat version of Spin the Dial! All in all, the show was great! (If anyone wants the set list, just email me!) After the show, They walked out to Their car (unfortunately, They didn't stop for autographs or anything), and drove away...... So there ya have it! An E-town summary! Oh! I also wanted to share my excitement with you guys! It's official! I'm going to the Phonograph recording session on the 27th, just made my reservations! Only 75 people per time slot too! I can't wait! Well, I'm sorry this message is so long! Have a sunny sunday! sun and smiles cortney ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 14:39:08 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: new album You'll have to excuse me for I was off the list for about 2 months...but I'm hearing about all the new songs...does that mean the new album, Superfueled Freakcycle (or is it different now) is coming out soon..? *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu)*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/~kopenec )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 15:50:10 -0400 (EDT) From: Sungael K Im Subject: Re: Personality Test Gosh, I feel all alone.... I'm an ENTP, an "inventor." It's ALIVE, ALIVE!!!! HAHAHAHA! Um yes, well. Whatever. :) There has been some doubts expressed as to the validity of the Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator test. From my personal experiences with it (I'm a psychiatrist-in-training, ugh, I know) it seems to be a pretty accurate, but not precise pointer for whatever person you TEND to be. It is not an end all be all of your whole being. Side note: some of the guides for the personalities are HORRIBLY written, some are downright inaccurate portayals. Eh, I'm boring everyone.... If you want to know more about this exciting wonderful test, then, well, post a reply... I'll get back in my box now. \|||/ (o o) ____________ooO_(_)_Ooo_______________ | | | Sung Michael Im | | sim+@andrew.cmu.edu | |http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~sim| | (412) 862-2398 | |______________________________________| ------------------------------ From: "Nicole Carlson" Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 14:36:38 +0000 Subject: L/F characteristics Hello everyone When I look at Linell, I always think, "HAIR!" He has terrific hair, wonderful hair, and I love the way it moves in the They'll Need A Crane video. (I love the TNAC video, because there's this absolutely gorgeous shot of the two Johns, right when Linnell sings "I didn't mean to say nightmare", and every time I see it I always hit the pause button, just because they're soooo cool. Damn. I need to get out more.) Wheras whenever I see Flansburgh, I think "glasses", because I wear thick, heavy-duty prescription ones myself (no contacts), and I'm drawn to other glasses-wearing members of the population. I wholeheartedly support the proposition that They should only give regional concerts for people who will get into it. I further think that They should give a concert in Vacaville, CA, because translated from the Spanish it means "Cowtown". I even further think that the Cow Palace (an arena in San Francisco) should be transported to Vacaville, so that They can give Their concert in the Cow Palace, in Cowtown. My question for the day: Flans is seen with a pipe in several of the videos (Ana Ng, TNAC, and Don't Let's Start spring immediately to mind) Does he actually smoke it? Anyone know? My second question: Can anyone recommend a good news reader? I intensely dislike Netscape's, and I can't get News Xpress to work. Please respond to me privately, at nnicole@hooked.net Any suggestions/recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated. I hate being cut off from usenet. Love, luck, and lollipops, nicole (aka the big duluth aka driver) "I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." -- James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://www.hooked.net/users/nnicole ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 16:07:26 -0400 (EDT) From: Pudge Subject: Personality and the Radio Hi again. I'm an INFP. Hey Boba! I played "Whistling in the Dark" for Kristen on Wednesday. The guys that work the morning show looked at me really weird, but I think their just jealous that they don't get any long distance requests. :) Next Show: 04/17/96- Not sure... It won't be from "Flood" though. Coming up on 05/08/96: Last show of the semester. I will be playing "Birdhouse in Your Soul" as the beginning of my "Best of the Semester" show. That's all, now go to the next letter. Craig ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 15:21:47 -0500 (CDT) From: "Rick C. Petty" Subject: Re: Crappy Music On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, The Big Blue Dog wrote: > Just some random musings.... > > 1. How is it that you get a song that you absoultely hate stuck in your head? > > 2. Why is it that that song that you hate always is a hit? > > Case in point: Smashing Pumpkins....How many of y'all have gotten that > STUPID "DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE!" stuck in your > head? And I thought something was funny when the worse song on that album was the only song I could remember. I HATE that song! There must be some sort of subliminal message saying "You HAVE to remember this song, even though it sucks" so we are forced against our will... --Rick C. Petty, aka Snoopy

I hate Netscape! _______________________________________________________________________ SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/ pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 16:01:12 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: the new album! Just curious, but are THEY going to be anywhere in Texas anytime soon?! Please? *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu)*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/~kopenec )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 16:17:08 -0500 (CDT) From: jenny Subject: Re: the new album! On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Chris Kopenec wrote: > Just curious, but are THEY going to be anywhere in Texas anytime soon?! Probably not. I've noticed a rather disturbing trend in the appearances of They Might Be Giants in Texas-- They don't come. Well, they played at Texas A&M in December of 1994, and I know They were in Houston back in late 1991 or early 1992. Of course, I didn't see either of these shows, but that's all right. Maybe later this year, if it's every two years, as it's looking to be. -jenny, who lives deep in the spleen of texas. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 17:26:46 -0400 (EDT) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: lots o' things. > The conga line was noticably missing from the show. Doh. it was there. just in a very limited fashion that was focused around the middle. but then again, the conga line was started to be played to No One Knows My Plan and that wasn't played. usually THEY'll go from NOKMP and keep the conga line going through Guitar there's a great transition that seems flawless. > Unfortunately, I didn't get to play frisbee - being that I got to the > show at the stroke of 8, and I didn't meet any list-ers. an idea borrowed from another band's mailing list: We should get a t-shirt made that BLATANTLY SAYS that the person wearing this shirt is a member of the TMBG MAILING LIST. this way it would be simple to spot someone from the list. > There was a Licoln Towncar (or Crown Victoria or something) parked right > outside. i apologize for my feeding of false info to the list. i had thought that THEY drove a Lincoln, but it was a Crown Victoria. my head is officially held in shame. btw, roughly how many people are on the list? may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 18:40:25 -0400 (EDT) From: Snowball In Hell Subject: please Give me an answeR, guYs! On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, Benjamin Hauck wrote: > Um, what is each John's most defining physical characteristic? > Well, I'd have to agree with the Flans-glasses connection. But for Linny, I'd go with the teeth. He's got some very distinctive choppers. I don't know if there has ever in the history of rock music been a man with more distinguished teeth. But then, that's just me. And I have been proven to be unreliable. Also, I was wondering if all you wonderful people out there would be willing to help me with a problem. Recently, I received a copy of a weekly newsletter edited by my friend. He printed the following question, unedited by me: There are 3 words in the English language that end with "gry." One is angry and one of them is hungry. What is the third word? Everyone uses it every day and everyone knows what it stands for. If you have been listening, I have already told you what the word is. In the latest newsletter, he admitted that he did not know the answer. He said that he published it so he could get the answer. This is driving me (and many of my friends) crazy! Please help us! If you can't, then just go crazy like the rest of us. Mail this out to everyone you know! We need an answer! This isn't chain mail by any means. It's something that's been bothering us, and it's just the best way to find the answer. Someone has to know. Please, if you know the answer, send it to me at jcurley@ramapo.edu Thank you all very much. I'll remember you in my will. --Jack Curley http://www.ysp.com/ysprecords/ryanflynn ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: lots o' things. Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:09:01 -0400 (EDT) > an idea borrowed from another band's mailing list: > We should get a t-shirt made that BLATANTLY SAYS that the person > wearing this shirt is a member of the TMBG MAILING LIST. this way > it would be simple to spot someone from the list. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was on the Rush mailing list and they got together these shirts that said "Mars is on the Horizon" (a less well known line from one of their cool songs) and it had Rush mailing list and the address on the back and it came out rely cool. My friend has one and he met some other listies from that method at a concert. It took quite a while to find someone to do it and get it together though but it turned out cool. Alas I never was able to get one of them. About the car, maybe they used to have a Lincoln and just bought a Crown Victoria? Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: please Give me an answeR, guYs! Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:17:37 -0400 (EDT) > On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, Benjamin Hauck wrote: > > > Um, what is each John's most defining physical characteristic? > > > > Well, I'd have to agree with the Flans-glasses connection. But > for Linny, I'd go with the teeth. He's got some very distinctive > choppers. I don't know if there has ever in the history of rock music > been a man with more distinguished teeth. But then, that's just me. And I > have been proven to be unreliable. Actually I would have to say Flans has those wacky teeth and are as distinguishable if not moreso than Linnell. Remember the Ana Ng video? Flans with his teeth gritted banging on that table. Also, Flans at the last concert, banging his head to Eric's guitar playing and gritting his teeeth. Wacky stuff. But I guess Linnell has pretty cool teeth too maybe? -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:25:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! n Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Matthew James wrote: > A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was on the Rush mailing list > and they got together these shirts that said "Mars is on the Horizon" (a less > well known line from one of their cool songs) and it had Rush mailing list > and the address on the back and it came out rely cool. I have got an idea from these past few posts about this...somebody on this list who is artistically inclined and has access to a scanner should design a t-shirt, front and back, and put the design on a page where we can all get it, or mail it to the list, so we can download it and take it to a t-shirt shop and get it put on a shirt. Sort of like the rush one, with a picture or line from a song on the front and the list address on the back? What do you guys think? Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:28:50 -0400 (EDT) From: The Vonnegut Vassal Subject: distinguishing features... someting i've always pictured, since someone poitned it out to me once, are Linnell's hands...did anyone see when TMBG hosted 120 minutes, and when they played, linnell's hands on the keyboard were rather twisted and grotesque looking...vey knotty, if you will...i wondered if it had just been the lighting, but i really do think linnell's hands are rather twisted...amyone else ever notice this? just an observation, not a bad one! see you all around... may tea live eternally, mister twister (hehe)... love, Fran, AKA the Vonnegut Vassal ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:02:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: more shirt stuff Ok, I was just emailed by somebody who will help me with the technical part of the shirt thing (ex., getting it on the internet) , so I am willing to do the design if you guys want to do that. I'm sort of decent at art, so it wouldn't suck too bad...Input? Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:07:14 -0400 From: The Big Blue Dog Subject: Re: L/F characteristics At 02:36 PM 4/7/96 +0000, you wrote: >My question for the day: Flans is seen with a pipe in several of the >videos (Ana Ng, TNAC, and Don't Let's Start spring immediately to >mind) Does he actually smoke it? Anyone know? I've heard that both of them smoke. One of the folks on the newsgroup said he saw them backstage with the roadies smokin'..... BlueDawg ________________________________________________________ S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com Hey, check out my website!! Ranked in the bottom 95% of all websites!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others."--William Allen White ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:33:08 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: E-town concert Well, you've probably all been spammed with E-town stuff, but I'm here to do it some more. First of all, could everyone who was there (besides Joe Kopera, Mike Rose, Cortney and Nola - I managed to figure out who you were!) mail me with a good physical description of yourself and your attire, so I can know who you were :). Or, if you are in the above list and for some reason want to mail me anyway, go right ahead. I may have been the only one who did NOT get lost on my way to the concert, due to the most excellent directions of JL Moquin's husband (I think...), and my dad's excellent directions on how to get near where the other directions started. Anyway, I got there in really good time, but I was worried about not finding any list people. However, I quickly saw someone's handy neon sign... I personally really liked Older, and it got stuck in my head really quickly. To whoever said no one was singing/dancing: me and my friend were bouncing on almost every song, including the new ones, and there were two other random people right next to us who were jumping too (our little section of 4 jumping in unison looked pretty funny). Also, was anyone else here in the jumping conga line thing? That was cool, but I was ready to pass out by the end of it! (Note, never try to start fasting on a day when you can't drink water, which is essential, for an extended period of time - read: concert - and are in a hellishly hot gym bouncing up and down with other people). I noticed each of the band members messing up ever so slightly during one or another of the new songs, but not significantly. The new guitarist was good, but I don't really like him when combined with tmbg songs. Anyone know what the first Spin The Dial song was? Oh... I personally thought Spider was kinda weak, and wondered why they reversed the parts. I caught Linnell messing up on James K Polk, but I sang it right anyway. A funny thing happened when we got back to Cleveland (!). My friend had (apparently) told his mom that we would call by 4 and be home by 6. However, we never called and were home by 11:30. She had a Missing Person's report put out on us, called most of the police departments up and down the highway we were coming back on, and was preparing to drive all the way to Hershey and back to check for our dead/mangled bodies lying in some ditch by the side of the road (which the police department helpfully told her would be the one occurance of an accident which would not be reported due to the fact that they could not see it), when we arrived at his house. Needless to say, we did not expect this, and also needless to say, his mother was quite upset. My final question: is anyone going to be able to come to a concert in/near Cleveland, because it'd be no fun to meet all these people and not be able to see them again. PS: You can wake up now. Ryan Staib, signing off. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:48:30 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: E-town I think I forgot to say this in my other message: whoever booted the concert (someone did, right?), could I get a copy? Thanks. RS ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:49:56 -0400 Subject: crappy music, test, shirt I always seem to remember songs that I hate too! If any Mariah Carey songs come on, I immediately turn them off, yet, they seem to stick in my head for the rest of the day! By the way, I took the test and I was an ISTJ. Along with other people on the list, I wanted to put down "other" at times. Oh well. Maybe I'll take it again right before I go away to college,and then after a few months. Also, the t-shirt idea is great. Try not to make it too expensive though. Katie ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 20:55:12 E From: grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu Subject: tshirt art etc Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while but besides my account going screwy on me (yes, again) I have been trying to get a lot of work done for my classes...so here is a response to several things: 1. I, being a graphic design major, could probably whip out a bitchin' t-shirt for us, considering I have my school's computer graphics lab at my disposal (scanner etc)...I don't have a good enough system to send it over the net but my friend Bryan can do that for me, maybe. Anyway, give me some ideas, and I'll try and put something together...I think it was Amanda who also offered to do it and I am by no means trying to say that I'm like a t-shirt design goddess but we could all give it a whirl and see what happens. 2. I was unable to attend the e-town show, which upset me greatly... I even dreamt about Them on Friday night and every time I think of the show I missed I get a little teary...please inform me if They are going to be in the Eastern PA/ New Jersey / New York area any time in the future...I really want a concert...*sigh* 3. My dream involved the Johns coming to Marywood (yeah, as if that would ever happen -- hey let's go to a little 3000-person Catholic school in the middle of Scranton!, sure John good idea)...anyway I was really obsessed (in the dream) with meeting Them so I kind of followed them around and was forcing them to talk to me...kind of...it doesn't make sense, in that way that dreams don't. There was also something about chocolate ice cream. 4. I also had a dream about the movie Brain Candy. Well it wasn't about the movie, but in the dream I was eating all this food that was on different levels of this thing that looked like a revolving medicine cabinet. The top level was like these little beige colored hard-candy houses and when you bit into them it was like a blue and red Cadbury cream egg center and they tasted weird, like really sweet to the point of disgusting and someone said, oh don't eat too much, that's Brain Candy. I'm a nut. 5. I also had a dream about making myself a sundae at an ice cream place without paying for the buffet. That has nothing to do with They Might Be Giants. 6. I might subscribe to the digest for a while because my mailbox can't handle all this stress. Picture a normal mail system as a healthy strong young person. My mail system is the old, smelly, deformed relative of that system. Its parents were first cousins. 7. That's all. I'm done. If I get a chance to do the Myers Brigg thing I will. Despite all my rage I am still just Tracy ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 21:30:25 -0400 (EDT) From: Alex Gershon Subject: beat me to it Regarding the physical characteristics of the Johns, for Linnell, I (like someone else on the list) would have to say the teeth. The do sort of jut out in an odd way, and it's the first thing I think of when I see him. As for Flans...um...I'm not sure how to put this, but he has an amazing way of inflating his face when he opens his mouth wide enough. His cheeks expand beyond any that I have seen, and the entire lower part of his face becomes huge. Also, those tendons in his neck really stick out. It looks like he's having some sort of siezure. He did this a lot at the Etown show, and it just freaked me out ever time...just made me laugh out loud. I'm not going to post much about the Etown show, since everyone else that was there sseems to be doing that for me. I will, however, say that very soon on our website, there will be a photographic travelouge of the route that Mike Rose and I took all the way from Toronto, Canada, to see Them at Etown, as well as an indepth review of the concert and the entire experince, as seen through the eyes of two Canadiens. I will send more information as it beomes available, but in the meantime, why not check out the website anyway?? It may not be ready, but what is there is sure to stimulate. The address is http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~alex. Go now! As far as that personlaity test is concerned, I don't think I'm ever going to take it, 'cause I'm pretty sure I'll be classified as type TMBG. Alex From "THE BODY HAS A HEAD" by Gustav Eckstein, regarding the last moments of birth: "A half hour or so later, the contractions that had stopped begin again, have still a job, to expel placenta and membranes, with which expulsion this female body is freed of its months of responsibity and has nothing to do but vote and cook supper." Wasn't 1696 a great time for women...all they had to do was have babies, vote and cook supper! The world is a sick and twisted palce, kids. ------------------------------ From: LtAldus@aol.com Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 22:20:50 -0400 Subject: Re: My CD's :) For everyone, they are also out of the I Palindrome I EP, which I found out the hard way. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 22:06:49 -0500 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Re: Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! I can fufill this Amanda Gayle Douberly wrote: > I have got an idea from these past few posts about this...somebody on > this list who is artistically inclined and has access to a scanner should > design a t-shirt, front and back, and put the design on a page where we can > all get it, or mail it to the list, so we can download it and take it to a > t-shirt shop and get it put on a shirt. Sort of like the rush one, with a > picture or line from a song on the front and the list address on the back? > What do you guys think? > > Amanda A good friend of mine own a T-Shirt shop; and I'd be willing to make up a bunch of shirts (with a supplied design) for all you people to buy. Let me know via private e-mail how many are interested, the more people that want one, the cheaper they will be. Laterz... -- Mike Schaefer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (217) 337-1923 (Free when you call from work) http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Hello Recording Club. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 23:08:42 -0400 (EDT) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: I found singles! and stuff Hideho! A couple things today. A few days ago, I stopped into a record store. This store is one of the, "we sell all the indie stuff and all the weirdo bizzare bands you can't usually find" stores, one that actually carries singles, that has all the wierd import/promo cd's available for sale (I saw a _lot_ of CD's with that "this CD is the property of the record company and it will be returned when asked for. It is not to be put on sale...etc." shtick on them) Anyway, on a hunch poor lil ol' singleless me checked the TMBG section and found copies of Back To Skull, WDTSS?, _and_ Istanbul! Needless to say I was quite happy. I bought them all right then and there. I've listened to them all several times, and they're very, very cool. Of course I love James K. Polk (which I already had a copy of, off a mix tape), and Ant, and Whirlpool, and Jessica, and SWAHD....and so on. I was dissapointed in the version of Spy (the JH version is much better, IMHO) and the "slow" WDTSS? (I want a studio version of the fast, rock version and I want it now!) but otherwise everything is great. (Of course, if I were to play the Meat Puppets version of Whirlpool for my classmates, they'd be talking about how cool the MP's were. Play the TMBG version, on the other hand...) I especially love the bragging text on the back of WDTSS? You just have to laugh when they try to say that Whirlpool is a "heart-stopping example of the Meat Puppet's musical wealth..." I mean, it's a great song, but the lyrics are hardly poetry. Oh, and I checked out the personality test...I'm an INTX, although I believe I may actually lean more towards INTP... Later! ///////////////////////////////Joshua Hall-Bachner////////////////////////////// / particle@servtech.com / / "I spend too much time raiding windmills, We go side by side, laugh until / / it's right. There's something that you won't show, waiting where the light / / goes. And maybe anywhere the wind blows, it's all worth waiting for." / //////////////////////////////////-- Toad The Wet Sprocket,"Windmills"////////// ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 22:05:49 -0500 From: Mike Schaefer Subject: Re: Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! I can fufill this Amanda Gayle Douberly wrote: > I have got an idea from these past few posts about this...somebody on > this list who is artistically inclined and has access to a scanner should > design a t-shirt, front and back, and put the design on a page where we can > all get it, or mail it to the list, so we can download it and take it to a > t-shirt shop and get it put on a shirt. Sort of like the rush one, with a > picture or line from a song on the front and the list address on the back? > What do you guys think? > > Amanda A good friend of mine own a T-Shirt shop; and I'd be willing to make up a bunch of shirts (with a supplied design) and make up a bunch for all you people to buy. Let me know via private e-mail how many are interested, the more people that want one, the cheaper they will be. Laterz... -- Mike Schaefer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (217) 337-1923 (Free when you call from work) http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Hello Recording Club. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 22:37:38 -0600 From: c-batson@nwu.edu (Cyndi Batson) Subject: Vote against Neo-Naziism on the Net (fwd) >>>> > We have been alerted by friends that there is an attempt to form a >>>>Neo-Nazi >>>> > Usenet Group on the Internet for the purpose of disseminating hate >>>>material. >>>> > Please join us in stopping this from happening. You have a vote. >>>>Send the >>>> > following message: >>>> > >>>> > I vote NO on rec.music.white-power >>>> > >>>> > Send the message to: >>>> > >>>> > music-vote@sub-rosa.com >>>> > >>>> > Do not add to the message or send more than one vote. Please advise your >>>> > family and friends to do the same. >>>> > >>>> > George and Justine Cyndi Batson ************ Northwestern University ph: 847-332-9052 c-batson@nwu.edu ------------------------------ From: NyQuil66@aol.com Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 23:51:33 -0400 Subject: concert Can someone tell me if there's going to be a concert in Chicago next month? Adam ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 23:04:08 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: Cover our naked bodies with TMBG! I can fufill this I want a shirt!!!! On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Mike Schaefer wrote: > Amanda Gayle Douberly wrote: > > > I have got an idea from these past few posts about this...somebody on > > this list who is artistically inclined and has access to a scanner should > > design a t-shirt, front and back, and put the design on a page where we can > > all get it, or mail it to the list, so we can download it and take it to a > > t-shirt shop and get it put on a shirt. Sort of like the rush one, with a > > picture or line from a song on the front and the list address on the back? > > What do you guys think? > > > > Amanda > A good friend of mine own a T-Shirt shop; and I'd be willing to make > up a bunch of shirts (with a supplied design) and make up a bunch > for all you people to buy. > Let me know via private e-mail how many are interested, the more > people that want one, the cheaper they will be. > Laterz... > -- > Mike Schaefer > University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign > (217) 337-1923 (Free when you call from work) > http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef > Home of See the Constellation backward messages and the Hello > Recording Club. > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu)*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/~kopenec )*=- ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 00:24:54 -0400 Subject: Re: Crappy Music > >And I thought something was funny when the worse song on that album was >the only song I could remember. I HATE that song! There must be some >sort of subliminal message saying "You HAVE to remember this song, even >though it sucks" so we are forced against our will... > I think I Ching said it best "I do not hate, hatred only binds one closer to the hated object" (just so everybody knows, I stole this right from the .sig of someone on this list) ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 00:25:00 -0400 Subject: Re: more shirt stuff In a message dated 96-04-14 20:09:27 EDT, that one girl wrote: >Ok, I was just emailed by somebody who will help me with the technical part >of the shirt thing (ex., getting it on the internet) , so I am willing to do >the design if you guys want to do that. I'm sort of decent at art, so it >wouldn't suck too bad...Input? Here's what I think the line should be on the front "Someone in a club tonight has stolen my ideas" (or maybe something else concert/club related) but I guess we could never agree on a line... If this thing happens I'll be willing to shell out the web space for the pictures or maybe just link to it... ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Re: more shirt stuff Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 00:54:09 -0400 (EDT) > > > >Ok, I was just emailed by somebody who will help me with the technical part > >of the shirt thing (ex., getting it on the internet) , so I am willing to do > >the design if you guys want to do that. I'm sort of decent at art, so it > >wouldn't suck too bad...Input? > > Here's what I think the line should be on the front > "Someone in a club tonight has stolen my ideas" (or maybe something else > concert/club related) > but I guess we could never agree on a line... > If this thing happens I'll be willing to shell out the web space for the > pictures or maybe just link to it... I acutally think that would be a great idea! If only we had a cool picture of them in a club or coffee house or something cool maybe in NYC. Or have someone stealing their song or something who knows? hmmm Or maybe someting train related, the white faced conductor from Turn Around. This is cool, I'll have to try to think of more stuff. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 01:25:54 -0400 (EDT) From: Snowball In Hell Subject: Re: I found singles! and stuff On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Joshua Hall-Bachner wrote: > I was dissapointed in the version of Spy (the JH version is much > better, IMHO) and the "slow" WDTSS? (I want a studio version of the > fast, rock version and I want it now!) I'm going to have to whole-heartedly disagree. The Sun version of Spy blows the JH version out of the water. It has so much more. I like the improv on the JH version better, but that's about it. The bass sounds so much smoother on WDTSS. Also, I like the way the horns chime in with the bass line on the intro and the transition between verses. Plus I like the brass, or vocals meant to sound like brass, or whatever after the first line in the second verse. (If it's vocals, They sound amazingly like brass, if it's brass, They do a great job of making it sound like they're saying yeah, yeah.) "I might gaze on a submarine" YEAH YEAH! "I see your face smilin' at me." I mean, on the JH version, it sounds just like the rest of the horn parts. No difference, no style, no... pizazz. Yes, I think They catch the spirit and flavour of the song much better on WDTSS. You must keep in mind that "slow" version of Why Does The Sun Shine was very close to the original, which is what They wanted. The thrash version only came about because They realized that Why Does The Sun Shine doesn't work so well in concert. It's a great version, especially for concerts. Full of energy, full of fun. I agree that They should release the trash version, but not a studio version. Studio versions never have that special feeling that live versions have. I love it live, even though Flans always mixes up the lyrics. But that is not to say that the original They recording of the song is not without its merits. I love the original, and listen to it often. I even made a friend in my dorm because of it. Last semester, I blasted it on my suitemate's stereo, and the guy upstairs heard it. A few days later, I was walking over to the library, and he and a large group of his friends walked past me. I was whistling it, and he recognized it, and asked me if I had been the one blasting it. I said yes, and we discussed it for a minute, until his friends started complaining that they were cold. I never really saw him again, until this semester. He was in my Precalculus class, and one day after a test, I was explaining my answers to my roommate, and a few other people gathered around to find out how to do it. One of them speaks up: "Hey did anyone ever tell you that you sound just like John Flansburgh?" (long silent pause from me with my mouth wide open) "He's in They Might Be Giants. Ever hear of Them?" (A lot of violent nodding, my mouth still hanging open.) "You sound just like him. Flansburgh, or is it Linnell? Like it matters. They both sound exactly the same." We've been friends ever since. A note: it turns out that he meant Linnell, which I find to be much more flattering. I think his voice is niftier. I like the way he annunciates his words. "Thairs a gerl with a crown and a scepter who's ahn dahbulyoo LSD." Which brings up another point: why do people always get Them confused? I'll confess; I too, couldn't tell Their voices apart at the beginning. It wasn't until I saw Them in concert (see Vienna Virginia) for the first time did I start to be able to tell Them apart. I mean, it's not even as if They sound that much alike. They're just mixed up often. Am I the only one who's noticed this? --Jack Curley http://www.ysp.com/ysprecords/ryanflynn ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: getting Johns mixed up Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 02:09:08 -0400 (EDT) heyas, I admit I often got Them mixed up and still do sometimes when they are singing, not when they are talking. Their talking voices are rather different but when they sing on certain songs it is really hard to tell them apart. At first I thought I was just a freak of nature but then I heard more peole say this. As you learn more about who sings what it becomes easier. Also, on those screechy voice songs (dunno how else to describe it) you know it's Linnell but on some others it'shard Discodetective in spots, like the high part I used to think was Linnell for a while, then I heard about Flans singing like a girl at the concert and found out it was him. On Whilsting in the Dark I always though Flans did the low part but it was Linnell. I'm sure there are more I just can't think of any right now. On Spy: I listened to both versions, the first thing I noticed was that Flans voice sounds rather different on each. Also, there's no Kurt Hoffman doing sax as on the WDTSS single. Frank London does do horns on both though. Also, Graham Maby does bass on the single while tony Maimone does bass on the album. I don't see as much of a bass difference. I do see that horns difference where they go "Yeah Yeah" with the horns, much cooler! While the album versionis longer on the improve part, I think I like the horns and guitar bit better on the single. The album version is definitely more like the concerts, though. I vote for the single version as the coolest! Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 01:11:18 -0500 From: "jonas (my name is)" Subject: everyone wants to see that groovy thing... hey everyone. i saw brain candy today and me and the people i was with all were very excited to hear the 5 second clip of tmbg in it, caught it pretty fast, even though we hadn't heard the song before. so afterwards, we went to some cd store, probably the millionth one i've tried to get the braincandy soundtrack at, and for the first time i managed to find a copy of it, and have been listening to it fairly constantly since. spiraling shape is INCREDIBLE. everyone should get it as soon as possible and check it out. great great great great great great great. paul, who went insane looking at the spiraling shape. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 02:45:01 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: E town experience Hi everybody. I just wanted to say thank you to all listers that I met in E town on Friday. You were all supercool in every way, friends I'd like to have and keep (in the furnace where there used to be a guy). Especially thanks to Cortney for her kindness and hospitality. To her and everyone else I say, sorry for all the swearing. Profanity has become a part of my colloquial tongue and pours out quite independently of my brain. I'll try to put a curb on it for next time. But I will say that I love a well delivered "fuck!" and I do think I swear well. Even Flans said "jesus fucking christ" in the show. Oh look, I'm doing it again. Alex and I drove eleven hours to get to the show and even though I loved the concert, it is the friendliness of the Listers which made this a memorable trip. I wouldn't want to sit in a Taco Bell parking lot in the middle of the night with any other group of people. Flans' Bon Jovi improv is an instant TMBG classic; I'll post it word for word very soon. (It was part of Spin The Dial). Later, when in Scranton, I bought a sealed vinyl copy of the first album for $6.50. I will never open it. I just can't bring myself to rip the plastic off. Oh well. At the show I bought the Pearl shirt (cool) and yes, Matthew James is pretty much right that Alex and I yelled at the Johns that we came all the way from Canada. However I then yelled at Linnell, since Flans was in the car already, "We came from Toronto." That's when he said "Cool" or whatever he said, and smiled at me. Yeah, I've seen better shows but all you can do really is wallow in their greatness. As such I loved this concert and eagerly await their return to Toronto (where I hope to see some of you). Until later, I am, wearing my clothes, Mike. Near the ceiling there was a neat sign that said: Do Not Discuss Classified Information In This Area. The bulletin boards held notices of meetings, discussion groups, concerts and art shows, conventions, and other events. Spotted here and there were safety posters. In a moment, Mr. Morrow returned. He told the boys that Mr. Bentsen would meet them in a few minutes. "I thought it would be scary," Sam piped up. Randy laughed, "Why, for Pete's sake?" "Well, you know--an atomic laboratory. Top secret stuff. But I don't see any guards or--or anything." --There's Adventure In Atomic Energy, 1957 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-106 ******************************