Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 11 Thursday, 11 January 1996 Today's Topics: info club Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-9 Hello CD Club Random Things conan appearance Live NYC Re: Where your eyes don't go Re: alien autopsy Re: Where your eyes don't go Re: Hello. Hello. I don't know why they said goodbye when I called HELLO, ( CD of the month club) (none) Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Jay.Brotz@bm.medtechnet.com (Jay Brotz) Date: 09 Jan 96 16:34:00 -0500 Subject: info club Organization: Med TechNet Ya know, I ordered some t-shirts out of that darn newsletter last month, expecting to get them before Christmas (thats what it said on it) and I haven't gotten them yet. I'm just slightly perturbed. Anyone else see this happening? Also I'd be willing to pay for any videos of the Johns doing thier thing on one of the many TV appearances they've been on. cya -- |Internet: Jay.Brotz@bm.medtechnet.com |Fidonet: Jay Brotz 1:260/95 | | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly their own. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Jan 96 10:27:13 EST From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-9 several things: i was telling my bf the other night about how everyone had various ideas for songs that other artists should cover (They songs, that is), and he said he thinks *no one knows my plan* by mighty mighty bosstones, definitely. he really like mmbt and is now getting into They, and that is one of his fave songs. also, i think that They should cover atune called *oye como va*. :) ps. does the name douglas coupland mean anything to anyone here? email me personally as it is not directly related. :D peace, anne ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:09:30 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Hello CD Club I am wondering how many people out there have ordered from the Hello CD Club (probably multiple times) and NOT gotten anything. I'm also wondering how many people ordered TMBG products and not received them, and how many of all of these people ordered by phone, and how many by mail. Please email me if you have/have not gotten stuff from either place, and whether you ordered by phone or mail. Thanks. - Ryan Staib *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 97starya@james.hawken.edu gn487@cleveland.freenet.edu Yay. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:36:03 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Random Things Questions: What is being said in that part of The Guitar (right before the 'moo') and who says it (I mean the Apollo 18 version)? What are they saying in See the Constellation? I know one thing is 'help' backwards, but what are they saying in that one part where the other lyrics stop? My best guess is 'help us' backwards, but I don't know. Who whispers "It's just a full day's drive away," at the end of AKA Driver (if you've never heard this, listen carefully with headphones on)? Also (extremely trivial), which one of them is it who (seemingly) messes up and says 'through' in Shoehorn with teeth on 'returning to the womb'? Well, all of that turned out to be way more random than I expected. Oh well. - Ryan Staib *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 97starya@james.hawken.edu gn487@cleveland.freenet.edu Yay. ------------------------------ From: Beezus5084@aol.com Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:55:37 -0500 Subject: conan appearance Hey all! I'm new to the list and was wondering if anyone has a tape of They on the Conan O'Brien show. Also, is Andy Richter the Andy who produces the "Cartoon Planet" show. Lastly feel free to send me any cool info. that came up before I joined(1/9/96). E-mail me directly at Beezus5084@aol.com. I'll see ya in cowtown! ------------------------------ From: Michael.N.Piastowski@lawrence.edu Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:36:32 -0600 (CST) Subject: Live NYC Is there any way I can purchase a copy of the TMBG: Live!! at NYC that was offered by the Hello Recording Club? I was going to call the club myself but decided to ask y'all before I made a fool of myself on the phone. But now that I think about it, I am probably making a fool of myself now. I have nothing cool to trade, but I am willing to pay for it. Thank's All Mike P. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 18:51:01 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: Where your eyes don't go On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Rian Rutherford wrote: > Someone brought a very interesting lyrical question to mind when > listening to Where Your Eyes Don't Go on Lincoln. What exactly is a > "Skullhead". Maybe there's something simple I'm missing out on, but the > only thing I could come up with is a skull, but why would they add the > head part? Can anyone help me out on this one? I always thought it was in reference to Death, the guy with a skull for a head. you know, good old Skullhead. So the line would mean, should you worry when death is staring right at you, or is it worse because it's always waiting. Or it could mean Mr. Skullhead, of Tiny Toons and Animaniacs fame. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 18:55:03 -0500 (EST) From: "Michael C. Lebovitz" Subject: Re: alien autopsy On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Jamie jim joe joey junior shab-a-doo wrote: > i don't think the alien autopsy live album thing was for real. i think they wer > e joking cause they didn't say anything about it the night before in philadelph > ia. > Actually, hey did mention it in Philly. I remember, because the only thing I could think of was that damn video at Blockbuster that never gets rented with the trombone playing, bearded, I-forget-his-name guy from Star Trek:TNG. But I hope it's a joke, cauze the video sucks. lebo ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 15:35:29 -0800 (PST) From: Rian Rutherford Subject: Re: Where your eyes don't go On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Michael C. Lebovitz wrote: > I always thought it was in reference to Death, the guy with a skull for a > head. you know, good old Skullhead. So the line would mean, should you > worry when death is staring right at you, or is it worse because it's > always waiting. > > Or it could mean Mr. Skullhead, of Tiny Toons and Animaniacs fame. It's too difficult to know, and that's why the question is such a good one. Skullhead can mean alot of things (But that death idea sounds like a plausible explanation to me). *------------------------------------------------------------- |garthi@teleport.com | "These go up to 11" -Nigel Tuffnel| |----------------------| ------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 22:45:55 -0800 From: Bo Orloff Organization: Mr. Z's House of Discount Wub-Fur 'n' stuff Subject: Re: Hello. Hello. I don't know why they said goodbye when I called HELLO, ( CD of the month club) Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> wrote: > I too ordered all 3 years, and that was 8 weeks ago (please allow > 4-8 weeks). However, it did say they were running out of the 93+94 stuff > and would have trouble filling all of the orders by the end of 95 in the > newsletter. Of course, this is no excuse for them not to CALL us or > something, like they're real busy or something like that. Has anyone that has > ordered from October-December actually gotten anything? (t-shirt, phone call, > whatever)? Marjorie Galen, who runs the business end of Hello, just gave birth to her second child last week (it's a girl, Ellie Beatrice Kitman, and both mom & baby are doing fine, in case anyone's wondering), so things are moving a litte slower than usual around the Hello offices (of course patience is a virtue that will stand you in good stead when dealing with Hello and TMB Productions at any time). -- Bo Orloff The Avant Garage is Online! Check out Ubu Web: ------------------------------ From: postmaster@student2.uwsp.edu Date: Thu, 11 Jan 96 01:55 CST >From postmaster Thu Jan 11 01:55:13 1996 Subject: smtp mail failed Content-Type: text Content-Length: 1896 Your mail to student2.uwsp.edu!lmelv354 is undeliverable. ---------- diagnosis ---------- ---------- unsent mail ---------- From tmbg-digest Tue Jan 9 03:05:04 0500 1996 remote from tmbg.org Received: (majordom@localhost) by mail.tmbg.org (8.7.1/8.7.ufp) id DAA03803; Tue, 9 Jan 1996 03:05:04 -0500 (EST) Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 03:05:04 -0500 (EST) From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Message-Id: <199601090805.DAA03803@mail.tmbg.org> Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 9 Tuesday, 9 January 1996 Today's Topics: particle man about info club The Dukes of Stratosphear for TMBG Spock and Sheet FW: The Chain Letter of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians (fwd) spock re:translation I would like to be taken off the mailing list. Stuff Re: Spock and Sheet Hello. Hello. I don't know why they said goodbye when I called HELLO, ( CD of the month club) Re: just joined Re: Spock and Sheet Re: particle man Cowtown News Network Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-11 *****************************