Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-113 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 113 Monday, 22 April 1996 Today's Topics: Invisible Hands Re: two-things Re: two-things TMBG shirt design... T-shirt design web address Video, shmideo. Wha's Up wit "Nevady"? Pancho Macho Bernstein Wiseguy Beatnik Bubbles Siftin' women and men Re: 25 O' Clock Shirt Re: Wha's Up wit "Nevady"? Yet another quote Re: two-things Re: Quotes from hell quote Lots of random stuff here movies RE: nemun Marcus cookies Re: 25 O' Clock Re: two-things More Alice Re: Video, shmideo. Music Snippets. Re: Video, shmideo. Music snippets reply Re: quote Re: two-things Re: two-things Re: TMBG on Liquid TV Some cool stuff (quotes) radio show More Sam and Randy Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 11:01:47 +0100 (BST) From: "Mark M. Iles" Subject: Invisible Hands > i'm thinking this 'toon was called... something similar to "invisible > hands". i'm not sure that's right, but it's real close. that was one > of my favorite LiqTV's--something about the drawing style, and the > voices they used, really just grabbed me... Yeah, that sounds familiar. Wasn't there some bloke in a hood who used to appear at the end of each 'episode' and there'd be a voice over about everything being controlled by 'Invisible Hands'? Mark ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 07:38:04 -0500 From: Braham Ketcham Subject: Re: two-things At 10:48 PM 4/20/96 -0400, you wrote: > > >On Sat, 20 Apr 1996 Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > >> In a message dated 96-04-20 00:21:31 EDT, you write: >> >> >2)the second is a question ..... in LETTER BOX (FLOOD) the words go right >> >after he says "sorrow" become impossible for me or any of my friends to >> >make out. can anyone tell me what he says. >> > >> > >> >> >> "Run around in the rain with a hole in the brain 'til tomorrow!" >> >> Kay >> > > > .... and a very easy way of finding out is to look at the lyrics on >your happy little Flood tape/cd. I love it when bands put the lyrics on >the tape/cd, then you can sing the ENTIRE song and not just go >"lalalalala" through the complicated parts. Well.... not quite... those lyrics aren't on the booklet that comes w/ the CD/tape... there's also a line right before it that's not on the lyric sheet and I can't tell what They say there... but at least i have this line now... Hexagon Braham Ketcham | "In every jumbled pile of a person there's a -----------------------------| thinking part that wonders what the part www.salamander.com/~hexagon | that wonders what the part that isn't think- hexagon@salamander.com | ing isn't thinking of." - TMBG, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 10:47:39 -0400 Subject: Re: two-things >> .... and a very easy way of finding out is to look at the lyrics on >>your happy little Flood tape/cd. I love it when bands put the lyrics on >>the tape/cd, then you can sing the ENTIRE song and not just go >>"lalalalala" through the complicated parts. > >My flood CD doesn't have that line of Letterbox printed TMBG are rather notorious for _not_ printing some of the more complicated lyrics on their lyrics sheet. Luckily, they are posted in the FAQ in most cases, but I don't believe anyone has figured out what is being said at the beginning of "Hearing Aid", or even if anything's really being said at all. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 10:11:21 -0500 From: Braham Ketcham Subject: TMBG shirt design... okay, I have a design made up for the t-shirt and I'll be putting it up at my web page at http://www.salamander.com/~hexagon sometime during the day... I'll also upload it to the directory for Tom Hare to put it up on his page,... one small problem... I'm lacking an image to put on the back.. I've kept it to a few colors, but I don't have access to a scanner so i can't draw some windmill pic or something, so someone please e-mail me a pic to put on the back my design... thanx - Hexagon Braham Ketcham | "In every jumbled pile of a person there's a -----------------------------| thinking part that wonders what the part www.salamander.com/~hexagon | that wonders what the part that isn't think- hexagon@salamander.com | ing isn't thinking of." - TMBG, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 10:23:54 -0500 From: Braham Ketcham Subject: T-shirt design web address okay, i put up my design at http://www.salamander.com/~hexagon/tmbg-shirt.html so check it out! thanx, and be sure to e-mail me a pic for the back! - Hexagon Braham Ketcham | "In every jumbled pile of a person there's a -----------------------------| thinking part that wonders what the part www.salamander.com/~hexagon | that wonders what the part that isn't think- hexagon@salamander.com | ing isn't thinking of." - TMBG, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 10:57:41 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Video, shmideo. I like the t-shirt idea with the windmills, too...oh, also the alternate "they might be..." lines. Maybe we could even make up our own? I dunno. Does anyone else know if the Video Compilation (the real one, I mean, not the thing being put together on the list) can still be found anywhere? My friend tried to special order it somewhere (Blockbuster maybe?), and they told her that it was discontinued. Would ordering it through the info club be my best bet? Yeah, I know they take forever (gee, maybe if I hurry up and order RIGHT NOW, I'll get it before I graduate in two years and end up in grad school in another state!!), but I'm wondering if maybe they're the only place that has copies left. Has anybody else spotted it recently? --Tara "Look Ma, no brains!!" --Statler and Waldorf in the Great Muppet Caper. *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 12:45:47 -0400 (EDT) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Wha's Up wit "Nevady"? Ben or Been here, writing subjects in dialect. I don't know whether anyone has dared ask this question: Why ON EARTH did Linnell make "Nevada" so long??? For those of you who haven't heard it, the song has underneath it a live outdoor recording of what sounds like a marching band in a parade. When the drums intensify and the marching band's leader shouts something like "HO!" Linnell drones with a funny song about girls and squirrels and dresses and Nevada. But the lyrics end before one minute has passed on my CD counter, and the song stretches on with the background noise and the receding marching band for about seven more minutes! No additional lyrics, no explanation. Wha's Up wit dat??? I'm very pleased that Linnell put that as the last song on his CD. If it had been second, I would have to kill him with a Unabomb. [By the way, the guy who turned in the suspected Unabomber was his brother, who lives in Schenectady, New York. My family lives less than a mile from the suspected-Unabomber's brother! Spooky.] Hopefully TMBG will cover a Manson song like the super-cool Guns N' Roses. I gots a weasel, Ben or Been (I was bent metal.) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 12:57:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Pancho Macho Bernstein Wiseguy Beatnik Bubbles Siftin' Ben or Been here. What did I just write above? On the "I Palindrome I" CD-single, for "Larger than Life," the person who recorded the track is listed as "Pancho Bernstein." Is this for real? Or is it Adam Bernstein, cleverly disguised? Any insights? Ben or Been (You were a flaming wreck when we kissed at the overpass.) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 13:30:21 -0500 (EST) From: DERF Subject: women and men Hi everyone! This is Doug. I have a question for y'all. I have never heard TMBG's Women and Men performed live, so I was wondering if any of you have a live recording of this song, or remember if it was ever done during a show. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! -Doug ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 13:37:29 -0400 From: The Big Blue Dog Subject: Re: 25 O' Clock At 12:46 AM 4/20/96 -0400, you wrote: >> I've been listening to the They version of 25 O' Clock, from "a Testimonial >> Dinner" the XTC tribute that I got about a week ago and I've noticed that in >> the bridge their is this weird part where it goes from real slow >> undecipherable speech to real fast indecipherible speech... I messed around >> with it with a few sound utilities on my computer but I've had no luck in >> discovering what the heck it is... Does anyone know what they are saying? >> Does anyone know whether it was in the original, XTC version? >> >> not They related, but does anyone know if there is a Dilbert mailing list? >> hmm? >> >> confused as always as to what it is the voices in my head are really saying, >> it's me >> >You are right that is very hard to tell what they are saying. I will >as my friend as he has this Dukes of Stratosphere CD and all other XTC >albums for taht matter. He told me that this album (XTC one) was supposed >to sound like Pink Floyd, he said all the songs on the Dukes album were >supposed to be retro type songs. I'll see if he can decipher and also >find out the differences in the two versions. Play it Backwards!!! It's something recorded backwards!!! I'm not sure what it says, but this was discussed on alt.music.tmbg a little while ago. BlueDawg ________________________________________________________ S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com Hey, check out my website!! Ranked in the bottom 95% of all websites!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others."--William Allen White ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 12:44:33 -0500 (CDT) From: "John E. Neely" Subject: Shirt > > Windmill pic would be a windmill, with a song quote written on the arms, > I must really be missing something...I don't udnerstand the windmill idea... They got Their name from a 70's movie, called They Might Be Giants, about a guy who thinks he's Sherlock Homes. The title comes from a conversation about Don Quixote, how thinking that the windmills *are* giants is insane, but thinking that they *might* be giants is brilliant. > Somewhere, have a concert ticket, like on the back or something... a big > ticket and on it have it say They might be giants, saying they are > performing at the place of tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org or something and > date/time = always or something like that...and you can have the title of > the performance if you want, to be something like "The Listies" or > something like that.... That is good.....I like the idea of a frayed-looking ticket stub. Somebody said that their ticket had a cool pic on it, maybe this could be used with one of the other ideas. Whatever. > This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, > over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a > check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission > over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. Alright! %%% jneely01@mail.orion.org %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "....the god Thoth-Hermes granted him original enlightenment by murmuring, `Uh, look, I groove with the problem, baby, but dig, we gotta put carrots in or it ain't no stew.'" --Robert Sheckley ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 13:51:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Groove Child Subject: Re: Wha's Up wit "Nevady"? I love Nevada! I am glad the song is so long, it has everything that is cool about a parade, the crowds, the marching bands, the squealing tires? Or maybe it's a fan belt. I don't know much about the state, but maybe people in Nevada are known for their kick-ass parades or something. Or maybe Linnell was in Nevada and went to a parade, so that means something to him. Anyway, it goes to show that we never know what will spew forth from the mind of John Linnell. Also, I really hope you were joking about that Charles Manson thing. I would lose quite a bit of respect for my beloved John and John if the EVER covered a Manson song. "Nevada, Nevada, the dream of every girl..." Oh, yes, Nevada is my dream. Legal prostitution! Woo-hoo! -*-<<*Nola*>>-*- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 15:36:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Snowball In Hell Subject: Yet another quote "You can walk a million miles in a man's shoes, but to get inside his head you have to get really small and climb up his nose." -Serge Volsky ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 15:47:56 -0400 (EDT) From: Snowball In Hell Subject: Re: two-things Lots of people wrote stuff like: > > Well.... not quite... those lyrics aren't on the booklet that comes w/ the > CD/tape... there's also a line right before it that's not on the lyric sheet > and I can't tell what They say there... but at least i have this line now... > GO TO THE WEB PAGE! THEY HAVE THE LYRICS THERE! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 16:08:19 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: Re: Quotes from hell On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, CYBORG wrote: > > "Come over here, big boy, I want to see your willy." > > --Holly Gilliam, "Brazil", 1985 > > No, what Holly says is > "Put it on, big boy.... I won't look at your willy." > (referring, of course, to the suit that Jack Lint gave to Sam Lowry) > > CJ, who could quote _all_ of Brazil to you, with sound effects, and possibly > lighting and music cues as well..... > Yep, you're right...I've seen the film ten or eleven thousand times and still I tend to remember some things differently from how they actually happened...sorry. Mike. "Don't ever touch the sacrificial fluids. Okey dokey?" ---Sam Raimi, "Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except..." ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: quote Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 17:08:08 -0400 (EDT) Here is a cool quote, "Mr. Simpson, this is the best thing since our case against the Neverending Story!" -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James mjames@love.loyola.edu http://www.charm.net/~elrond "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 17:12:55 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Lots of random stuff here Before I forget (if anyone cares), Their license plate number is B72-1HC, I believe. And yes, (as Nola?? said then) I do have a photographic memory. Oh, and in case anyone wants to know what state the plates are from, I also have a package bomb, with postage, ready to send. All I have to do is fill in the address. Anyway, on to more important matters. Check out some stuff I found while reading Alice in Wonderland and some other Lewis Carroll stuff. Well, first off, my edition of the book was illustrated by John Lenniel, which... well, you know. I'll just skip right to the biggest one (heh), in Through the Looking Glass, which is where Alice hears someone singing, and the first two lines of the song are: "To the Looking-glass world it was Alice that said, 'I've a sceptre in hand, I've a crown on my head;" Now, I couldn't really find any other direct connections; however, I think the storyline is roughly that she's supposed to follow some road type thing (actually it's a sort of checkerboard), and then, at the 8th square (the end of the road), she becomes a queen. When this quote appears, I think she is indeed getting kinda tired of the looking glass world and wanting to go home. I can't really figure out how this may/may not connect, but maybe someone can. More possibly related stuff: The mad hatter and march hare sing the Unbirthday song (ie it's not their birthday), and the hatter tells Alice that it's not polite to go where you're not invited. In the disney movie (we started watching it in my french class - no, not even the french version, it's a long story - which is why I read the book), the Cheshire Cat asks Alice "Can you stand on your own head?" Alice grows really really big from eating some mushroom, in which case she'd be larger than life. That caterpillar that smokes keeps asking Alice "who are you," (the answer could be "we are out of furniture," which would make sense because he was blowing smoke in the shape of letters, and somehow his mushroom that he was using for a chair got destroyed). I can't remember any others, but the whole books seem remarkably TMBGish, and you should all probably read them and watch the movie (which is different from both of the books). Some of these connections I made are a little sketchy, but I'm sure if somebody worked on them a bit, they could work. On a totally different direction, you guys are really weak on the voting thing. I only have like 1 band that 2 ppl have voted for. All the rest are different. Not to mention the fact that only 5 or so ppl have voted overall. How many ppl are on this list? The rest of you... what do you do? You sit there. You could at least vote on your second favorite band. Just type the 3 choices for your second favorite band and send it to me. Not hard. Thanks. Ryan Staib ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 15:25:55 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: movies I saw the MST3K and Kids in the Hall movies yesterday. They were great!!!!!!! The Spiraling Shape song was in Kids in the Hall, but for fewer than 5 seconds of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* A friend of mine got the soundtrack and it has the whole song on it!!!! :) Ana Ng ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 15:35:29 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: RE: nemun Marcus cookies Hey, I've made that recipe for those cookies before. I got it over e-mail. They are SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! If you like chocolate, then I suggest you make them. they are DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to make more, but I don't have ingredients. *sigh* I let a bunch of people try them because we got over two gallon ice-cream buckets full of them. Everyone liked them. :) YUMMY! Ana Ng ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 17:39:00 -0400 Subject: Re: 25 O' Clock In a message dated 96-04-21 13:44:15 EDT, someguy wrote: > >Play it Backwards!!! It's something recorded backwards!!! I'm not sure >what it says, but this was discussed on alt.music.tmbg a little while ago. > > I already did play it backwards, it seems to get slower and then faster and makes even less sense backwards.... ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 17:38:50 -0400 Subject: Re: two-things In a message dated 96-04-21 10:51:46 EDT, Kaylum@aol.com writes: >TMBG are rather notorious for _not_ printing some of the more complicated >lyrics on their lyrics sheet. Luckily, they are posted in the FAQ in most >cases, but I don't believe anyone has figured out what is being said at the >beginning of "Hearing Aid", or even if anything's really being said at all. I know exactly what is being said at the beginning of Hearing Aid (and I've said it on the list before)... The part that you can hear regularly is "Oh Your Mercy" in a very deep voice, and right before that, reversed, is "Oh Your Mercy Lor(d)" (the "d" is not actually heard, but you can assume it's there)... I found this out by simply reversing the beginning of the song on my computer... me ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 18:17:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Groove Child Subject: More Alice Okay, this isn't TMBG, but a very closely related band. DRINK ME gets their name from Alice in Wonderland. That's it, and yes, Ryan, I was the one who said you had a photographic mem, lucky boy. Nola "A very merry unbirthday, a very merry unbirthday to you!" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 17:33:25 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: Video, shmideo. On Sun, 21 Apr 1996, Tara Lynne Weber wrote: > I like the t-shirt idea with the windmills, too...oh, also the alternate > "they might be..." lines. Maybe we could even make up our own? I dunno. > > Does anyone else know if the Video Compilation (the real one, I mean, not > the thing being put together on the list) can still be found anywhere? > My friend tried to special order it somewhere (Blockbuster maybe?), and > they told her that it was discontinued. Would ordering it through the > info club be my best bet? Yeah, I know they take forever (gee, maybe if > I hurry up and order RIGHT NOW, I'll get it before I graduate in two > years and end up in grad school in another state!!), but I'm wondering if > maybe they're the only place that has copies left. Has anybody else > spotted it recently? I tried ordering from Barnes & Noble music and Sam Goody with no luck... but I've gone to Suncoast and they said they could get it though it's been a month or so...maybe i should check back with them.... Laterz > > --Tara > > "Look Ma, no brains!!" --Statler and Waldorf in the Great Muppet Caper. > > *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* > * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * > * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * > * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * > * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * > *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu)*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/~kopenec )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 19:10:20 -0400 From: Tom Sullivan Subject: Music Snippets. Is there any site (aside from the ftp.tmbg.org) on the Internet where I can get sound files of TMBG songs? Preferably, whole songs. (Even though I know that's against copyrights.) I know that people record live/special songs from tape to a .wav/.au format.. If you know of any, please let me know.. Thanks. --- -- - Tom Sullivan of Jonas e'Zine (edi@cybercomm.net) http://www.cybercomm.net/~edi/homepage.html --- -- - ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 20:44:03 -0400 (EDT) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Re: Video, shmideo. forget suncoast, they won't get it for you either. A friend of mine ordered it from Suncoast, and0 it took then four months un&til they called her and said, "Oh, it is out of print (or unavaliable, something like that) and we can't get it for you. Sorry." Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 22:36:03 -0400 (EDT) From: dave hendrix Subject: Music snippets reply Here are a couple of nifty URLs to some sites with various types of sound files and links to other sites probably because someone asked about it. . . http://pathfinder.com/@@7P3DNYN6GwAAQHm9/elektra/artists/tmbg/tmbg.html http://mendel.berkeley.edu/~steevm/tmbg-hafh.html http://www.servtech.com/public/jeffk914/tmbgmidi.html http://members.aol.com/hallofheds/ also, you could try using a search engine, eh? Dave Hendrix Georgia Institute of Technology gt8614a@prism.gatech.edu (404)206-1805 "Should you worry when the skull head is in front of you or is it worse because it's always waiting where your eyes don't go?." -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 21:41:21 +0000 From: "I wish I were a Rugburn (then I could sing about hot dogs as much as I wanted)" Organization: Dick's Automotive Subject: Re: quote Another quote: "The best trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he didn't exist." Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects -- ---Very Long .sig....but it has relevant T-Shirt info--- Mike Schaefer "The Man With the T-Shirt Plan" University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (217) 337-1923 (Free when you call from work) http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~mtschaef Home of the Hello Recording Club. "The best trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he didn't exist." Verbal Kint ---SEE-----------------------ALSO--- Tom Hare - Now Running the TMBG Omelette (Official Mailing List Tshirt) voting process... send designs and ideas to me! EMAIL: mailto:smeaj@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu For ideas (slogans, etc) and voting FTP: ftp://freenet2.scri.fsu.edu login: smeaj pw: pithon9 dir: /tshirt/ For graphic design submissions to be posted here: \/ WWW: http://www.godby.leon.k12.fl.us/~thare/tmbg.html For seeing and voting on the design submissions. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 23:25:24 -0400 From: Adam Smith Subject: Re: two-things Ruprecht76@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 96-04-21 10:51:46 EDT, Kaylum@aol.com writes: > > >TMBG are rather notorious for _not_ printing some of the more complicated > >lyrics on their lyrics sheet. Luckily, they are posted in the FAQ in most > >cases, but I don't believe anyone has figured out what is being said at the > >beginning of "Hearing Aid", or even if anything's really being said at all. > > I know exactly what is being said at the beginning of Hearing Aid (and I've > said it on the list before)... The part that you can hear regularly is "Oh > Your Mercy" in a very deep voice, and right before that, reversed, is "Oh > Your Mercy Lor(d)" (the "d" is not actually heard, but you can assume it's > there)... I found this out by simply reversing the beginning of the song on > my computer... > > me thank you. That is pretty cool. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 23:37:44 -0400 (EDT) From: Rasputin Subject: Re: two-things On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, ADAM SMITH wrote: > > > On Sat, 20 Apr 1996 Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > > > .... and a very easy way of finding out is to look at the lyrics on > your happy little Flood tape/cd. I love it when bands put the lyrics on > the tape/cd, then you can sing the ENTIRE song and not just go > "lalalalala" through the complicated parts. > > Yes, it would be nice if it were that simple, but if you actually LOOK at the lyrics sheet/tape liner of your CD/tape, you will find that the words to the bridge are missing. That sucks. However, in m9ost cases, what you said is right. No hard feelings, i hope. Also, a nifty little quote of my own: "Life is not like a VCR -- there is no pause button. That sucks." See y'all on the net! -Craig ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 23:56:48 -0400 (EDT) From: Johnette Frostburg Subject: Re: TMBG on Liquid TV On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Amanda Gayle Douberly wrote: > I remember this thing with puppets on motorcycles and there was alot of > blood. One of them was a blonde I think that was "Winter Steel" - the biker chick that all mega-feminists loved and hated all at once. I miss liquid TV!!! Also - do you guys remeber that show that Alex Winters (aka "Bill" from Bill & Ted's excellent adventure) had, around the same time as liquid tv? I remember some sketches about punk accountants and Eddie the Flying Gimp. Oh, and to keep this list-like..... TMBG!!! TMBG!!! TMBG!!! Ok, I'm done. Later, 'Nette +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Now, THAT'S comedy." - Slappy Squirrel +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "I was unsupervised, I had a real good time. Until I - I hit my head" - John Flansburg "Unsupervised, I Hit My Head" Mono Puff - +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Check out my Web Page!! http://www.trenton.edu/~frost/ Jeanette Frost | aka Johnette Frostburg | Trenton State College +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 00:17:42 -0400 (EDT) From: Johnette Frostburg Subject: Some cool stuff (quotes) Ok, here's my fave quotes (for the nice guy who asked....) "'Oh, you did [know him], did you? Describe him.' 'Tall. Tall and absurdly thin. And good-natured. A bit like a preying mantis that doesn't prey - a non-preying mantis if you like. A sort of pleasant genial mantis that's given up preying and taken up tennis instead.'" - Douglas Adams, _Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency_ "Never let a man get the upper hand - there's no telling where he will put it." - Piers Anthony, _Man from Mundania_ "I - Narf! - and I - Poit! - and I say, 'Egad!!'" - Pinky, "Mouse of La Mancha" "The next president to lead the way/ it just might be yourself one day/ then the press will distort everything you say......" - Yakko, the President Song "Sex no good for person. Better for two person" - a pin I saw somewhere "Oh, hell. How am I going to operate my digital watch?" - Douglas Adams (as Arthur Dent, upon losing his left arm), _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_ "I'm not crazy. Am I crazy? If I was crazy, I would be talking to myself, and I don't do that. I am doing that! Oh, my g......" - one of the characters on Soap. "I'd like a tall glass of cold gravy with a hair in it please." - Davy Jones, "Head" "I could just cut myself right out my will" - Flanny, "unsupervised" Ok, that's all I can think of (but I'm sure there's something else :) ) Later, 'Nette +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Now, THAT'S comedy." - Slappy Squirrel +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "I was unsupervised, I had a real good time. Until I - I hit my head" - John Flansburg "Unsupervised, I Hit My Head" Mono Puff - +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Check out my Web Page!! http://www.trenton.edu/~frost/ Jeanette Frost | aka Johnette Frostburg | Trenton State College +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 17:37:19 +1200 From: sjp6@waikato.ac.nz (Sam Pearson) Subject: radio show On the 24th of april) I am doing a special radio show dedicated to TMBG. It's on Contact 89FM. It's gonna go for 3 hours. So what songs do you think it would be a tradegy not to play? Ideas? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 02:56:03 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: More Sam and Randy "Hey, no hockin' shit or we're off the stage." --Flans in Toronto April 1992 Okay, okay, I couldn't help myself. Here's even more of the increasingly annoying SEXUAL INNUENDO IN "THERE'S ADVENTURE IN ATOMIC ENERGY" (1957) -Sam looked mystified. "How do these things work?" -"Easy does it," said the salesman kindly. "You'll have your turn." -Randy said, "Thanks a lot for showing it to us, Mr. Barnett." -Sam streaked out of the room, heading for his bedroom closet. -"Sam, you get one of your mother's silk scarves. Randy, see if you can find a glass stirring rod." -"Even though you'll never be able to see what you're working with, your equations and your slide rule make it possible for you to visualize what's going on." -"This is something I worked up for my sister's boy last year." -"Gives you the creeps, doesn't it?" Randy said. -"Let me try," his brother ordered. He took over the instrument. "It is a little hotter, all right." -"Here we are, all dried," Randy announced. -Sam's eyes popped. "They can measure something that small?" -"Well, why not do it this way now?" That's all for now. Sorry for dragging you all into my sick cesspool. Mike. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-113 ******************************