Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-115 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 115 Wednesday, 24 April 1996 Today's Topics: Heads Re: I dream of Flansburgh Re: Another reason to be pink... sheesh Ben or Been Hauck finds Ben Houck TMBG in Boston?? Re: Another reason to be pink... Re: sheesh they flock to the strangest places Sorry Guys (none) moving my chair Re: moving my chair Re: they flock to the strangest places Closed show at Univ. of Chicago, May 18th Hello Everyone Out There Barry Chair check this out TMBG IRC Chat The inspiring sound (none) TMBG radio interview (none) (none) Boba Mail: random hish-hash Re: TMBG IRC Chat alienation's for the rich Re: they flock to the strangest places Re: Barry Where do I post T-shirt design blah blah blahblah. Blah? Blahblah. argh A word, and thanks. everything Re: TMBG IRC Chat TMBG AND Q101 just a bunch of stuff... Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 03:31:35 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: Heads Unsupervised, I hit my head... It crushed my head... Flans and Linnell thinking along similar lines...? Okay, okay. Believe it or not here is the fifth mind-numbing instalment of: SEXUAL INNUENDO IN "THERE'S ADVENTURE IN ATOMIC ENERGY" (1957) -"But Dad!" Randy exclaimed. "Where did the mass go?" -"All that energy! From that little speck!" Randy asked incredulously. -But at last all the balls were in position. -"The reaction would start, and go faster and faster and faster--" "Wait!" Sam said. "How can we get it to stop?" -And Sam faced a dilemma here, for he had no tubing with such a small diameter. -"Bet I beat Randy!" Sam said to himself. -Curiosity began to get the better of him... Of course he really should wait until Randy invited him to inspect it. But on the other hand... -"Aw, I just wanted to see how you were comin'," Sam mumbled. "I'll show you," Randy said good-naturedly. "No need to come sneaking around." "Gee," breathed Sam. -And the deeper he got into his project, the more fascinated he became. -There was very little sticking, thanks to the waxed paper. -Randy sat back to admire his work. "Doesn't that look swell?" he asked. -"Which one do you like best, Mom?" Sam asked. "I think both of you boys have done a marvelous job," Mrs. Morrow said diplomatically. And no, I don't make this stuff up. Mike. http://yucc.yorku.ca/~alex and you thought this stuff was weird... ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 08:20:07 -0400 Subject: Re: I dream of Flansburgh In a message dated 96-04-23 02:22:52 EDT, coon@omni.cc.purdue.edu (Matthew Coon) writes: > >In short, observe basic Netiquette. (And read the FAQ!) > > >m@t Congratulations Matthew Coon, you receive the award for most uses of the acronym FAQ in a written document ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 08:20:06 -0400 Subject: Re: Another reason to be pink... In a message dated 96-04-22 21:44:44 EDT, someguy writes: > >Why should the "big blue dog" album be named the "Pink Album"? >Well...another reason I've found is that if you own the cassete, there IS >NO big blue dog! and, if you have the CD the whole dog's head is cut off and wrapped around the album... so really it would be "the big blue something-or-other with the Johns riding on it" album Why don't we make it easier for everyone and call it the "Two Johns Album" since it is the only full-length album with any sort of picture of the Johns, even if it is only a drawing... BTW, anyone know why Linnell looks so mad on the afore mentioned album? ------------------------------ From: noogie soldier Subject: sheesh Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 9:02:50 CDT > > > > > On 4/20/96 2:57 PM, farside replied thusly to the > inimitable jonathan chaffer: > > >or we could just not put that stuff on there at all. i don't know about > >you all, but i have no desire to advertise the list. if someone is > >interested enough, they will find the address. > > > True, but you're missing the point. It's a *mailing list* shirt. Therefore, > it would seem counterproductive to the *original* idea to leave the mailing > list address (or request address) off the shirt. Get it? > > SuzyB i'm sorry, but i guess i don't get it. apparently, however, my idea of having NO mailing list address has not met with popular support. therefore, i shall shut up. but i'm not getting a shirt(not like you cared). > > > > By the way, to that guy who said he didn't want the list address put on > the t-shirts because he didn't want people who didn't know a lot about > TMBG on the list asking "dumb" questions--- don't be such a jerk! there > was a time when you didn't know anything about Them. How would you have > liked it if the other fans acted rudely toward you. You might not be a > fan now. You're not doing the Band or the list a favor. Messages like > yours annoy me more than, "Who are these John guys?" > > Love to all, > Wubba > > > knock it off. i hate to say it, but your somewhat uninformed post kind of pisses me off. i didn't say that we should chastise people who ask 'dumb' questions(i don't even remember if i actually used that word). i didn't act rudely toward anyone. if someone came on the list and asked a question that had already been discussed, i would not be rude and shoot him/her down as others have. my entire point was that i didn't want to have the list address on the shirts, and one of the reasons for that was because i didn't want to have a lot of people who kind of like tmbg and don't know what to do with their time deciding well, hey, i think i'll join the tmbg list for the hell of it. i didn't say there was anything wrong with people who enjoyed tmbg but are somewhat new to the phenomenon and neither did i mean to imply that. i just meant that i would rather we didn't encourage people to join the list who aren't generally experienced tmbg listeners(whatever that means). and please, if you are gonna flame me, have an original copy of what i said included in the post so you're not just twisting my words all to hell. farside ps 3 favorite bands 1 phish 2 camper van beethoven 3 rem ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 10:03:02 -0400 (EDT) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Ben or Been Hauck finds Ben Houck Ben or Been here. OH MY GOD!!!!! MY NAME!!!!! Compare my usual subject heading: > Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 10:09:31 -0400 (EDT) > From: Benjamin Hauck > Subject: Joshua Fried's "Larger than Life" > > Ben or Been here. To this, which Jonathan posted: > Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 20:33:14 -0600 > From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) > Subject: Commenting from file (Fwd) > LOOK--->********************************From: houckbe@earlham.edu > >Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 19:21:26 EST > >To: jchaffer@tmbg.org > >Subject: Commenting from file > > LOOK--->*********************************Personal_Name: Ben Houck > >From: houckbe@math.earlham.edu > >Subject: TMBG In Cincy May 17th > > > >They Might Be Giants is playing in Cincinati on May 17th > >at Bogarts. The show is all ages. Tickets are 15$ (17.50 with > >Ticketmaster mark-up). The show starts at 8:30 p.m. > >Tickets are still availible at this time. > >Ben WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!?!?! There's some person out there whose name differs from mine by ONE letter (Houck instead of Hauck) who has actually used the name They Might Be Giants is a sentence. This is freaky. I shall have to write my evil twin. Wish me luck in meeting him! Ben or Been (the real one) :) PS--Jonathan, what do you know of him? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 10:40:29 -0400 (EDT) From: Alex Gershon Subject: TMBG in Boston?? Does anyone know of any concerts in the Boston area anytime soon?? I might find myself in Boston at the end of May, and wouldn't mind seeing Them...if They're there. Of course I would have to make sure that I am there on the right day...but I'm getting ahead of myself. Three favourite bands: 1. King Missile 2. Ween 3. Everything else I listen to falls under number three...too many to mention. Alex ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:22:08 -0400 (EDT) From: Johnette Frostburg Subject: Re: Another reason to be pink... On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Snowball In Hell wrote: > > Why should the "big blue dog" album be named the "Pink Album"? > > Well...another reason I've found is that if you own the cassete, there IS > > NO big blue dog! > > Why don't you just call it the self-titled album? I call it that, because it > is. Now I know it's pink as well, but it was probably self-titled before > They had cover art for it. But hey, that's just me, and I've been wrong > before. After all, I voted for the "Older Elvis" stamp. > I don't know..... I've always called it Debut, because it has "Debut LP" on the side in big honkin' black letters..... 'Nette ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 13:27:03 EDT From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: sheesh > knock it off. i hate to say it, but your somewhat uninformed post kind of > pisses me off. i didn't say that we should chastise people who ask 'dumb' > questions(i don't even remember if i actually used that word). i didn't > act rudely toward anyone. if someone came on the list and asked a question > that had already been discussed, i would not be rude and shoot him/her down > as others have. my entire point was that i didn't want to have the list > address on the shirts, and one of the reasons for that was because i didn't > want to have a lot of people who kind of like tmbg and don't know what to > do with their time deciding well, hey, i think i'll join the tmbg list for > the hell of it. i didn't say there was anything wrong with people who > enjoyed tmbg but are somewhat new to the phenomenon and neither did i mean > to imply that. i just meant that i would rather we didn't encourage people > to join the list who aren't generally experienced tmbg listeners(whatever > that means). and please, if you are gonna flame me, have an original copy > of what i said included in the post so you're not just twisting my words > all to hell. > I can see your point on not advertising the maling list on the tee shirt and just keeping it as a means to just identity list members, kind of like a secrete hand shake or something. I think you are hoping to avoid having people come and and generate more off the topic (which I know everybody loves) and deviate from out pre-existing converstaion. But if a person that just sort of like TMBG was just bored one day searching around the web, they could easly find The Unoffical Page and find the means to subscribe to the list which kind of defeats your purpose. > i just meant that i would rather we didn't encourage people > to join the list who aren't generally experienced tmbg listeners(whatever > that means). I would like to know what this means? Does this mean you have had to have listened to the band for x amount of time before you can quailfy for joining the list? I joined the list after finding out about it in the newsgroup and before that I only had seen them in concert once and owned the the pink album, a18 and flood and this happened in less then a month. I don't think that I would have been as much as a fan of Them as I am now if it wasn't from input from other fans and thier views (however much I agreed or diagreed with them), thier insights on songs, general bullshitting on unrealted topics and stuff like that. After joining the mailing list I built up my cd collection in less than a month. I don't think its fair to say that you have had to have listened to TMBG for so long to qualify as being a fan and I think it would be wrong to rob a would be fan that too. Who knows a listener who 'isn't too experinced' could have some new and intresting insights on some things. Oh well just my thoughts.... Preparing to be flamed. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 14:20:41 -0400 (EDT) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: they flock to the strangest places Yesterday around five o'clock, I was watching some show on Mtv, and they had that ever-annoying Yack Live thing on the screen. Amongst the insipid blatherings of people screaming, "LOOK I AM ON TV!" and "THIS SUCKS! KURT FOREVER!", some kind soul typed in simply, "they might be giants". Anyone else see it? Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 14:37:19 -0400 (EDT) From: "M.C.I." Subject: Sorry Guys I while ago I posted about the possibility of Them playing at Allegheny College for Springfest. Well yesterday they announced that Hum will be playing, not TMBG. First they chose Deep Blue Something instead of MIghty Mighty Bosstones, now this. I think I should transfer. Sorry gang. ############################################################################### "They tell us that we've lost our tails, evolving up from little snails" -Devo "My ass hurts." - Me M.C.I. <--- LOOK, I GOT ONE ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:39:16 -0500 (CDT) From: "Rick C. Petty" Can somebody answer me one question: On the song "Someone keeps moving my chair", in the chorus, what are the words inserted between 'my' and 'chair'??? Is there something there or are the Johns just adding musical syllables? --Rick C. Petty, aka Snoopy

I hate Netscape! _______________________________________________________________________ SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/ pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: moving my chair Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:15:07 -0400 (EDT) > > Can somebody answer me one question: > > On the song "Someone keeps moving my chair", in the chorus, what are the > words inserted between 'my' and 'chair'??? Is there something there or > are the Johns just adding musical syllables? I think he just says "Someone keeps moving ma-ah-ah chair" At least that's what I've always thought.. Matt Ya'll can mail me now at polk@tmbg.org or matt.james.k.polk@tmbg.org! -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 15:37:19 EDT From: apf@caess1.cae.aro.allied.com (Adam P. Fistler) Subject: Re: moving my chair > > > > Can somebody answer me one question: > > > > On the song "Someone keeps moving my chair", in the chorus, what are the > > words inserted between 'my' and 'chair'??? Is there something there or > > are the Johns just adding musical syllables? > I think he just says "Someone keeps moving ma-ah-ah chair" > At least that's what I've always thought.. > Matt I've always thought he said my-i chair but I have known people that think its my high chair. I dunno. ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:42:24 -0400 Subject: Re: they flock to the strangest places In a message dated 96-04-23 14:36:01 EDT, you write: > >Yesterday around five o'clock, I was watching some show on Mtv, and they had >that ever-annoying Yack Live thing on the screen. Amongst the insipid >blatherings of people screaming, "LOOK I AM ON TV!" and "THIS SUCKS! KURT >FOREVER!", some kind soul typed in simply, "they might be giants". Anyone >else see it? Okay I've got an idea, let's pick a day and have everybody on the list who's got an aol account go on YACK Mtv Live and flood it with talk of tmbg and the finer things in life... maybe the ears of those morons who run Mtv will perk up and play a little tmbg... Ooooo... you can all now e-mail at Ruprecht@tmbg.org (pretty darn original, wouldn't you say?) I feel like a tangerine baking in the sun (I have no idea what that means [yes, I meant to say baking]) ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Closed show at Univ. of Chicago, May 18th Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:50:29 -0400 (EDT) I just got e-mail that the show at the University of Chicago on May 18th is a closed show. Only UofC students and faculty can buy tickets. Apparently a lot of people saw it on the web and have been busy calling, and UofC doesn't like it. :-) I suggest everyone make some UofC friends if they want to see the concert. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:31:29 -0700 From: Jantsch@ix.netcom.com (Bert Jantsch) Subject: Hello Everyone Out There Hello Everyone Out There I quit AOL, so sorry for not replying for a while. I like the ticket idea for the shirt. Go for it. If you want videos, ask around at record stores. I'm serious. They can order them still. I ordered some from Suncoast. Peace! JaN+sChMAn in his new flame resistant screen name ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:31:25 -0700 (PDT) From: Liam Singer Subject: Barry Hi all, I was going through a Dave Barry Book of mine, and I suddenly came to a column called "They Might Be Giants". The column didn't actually have anything to to with TMBG. It was about his son's little league team. Still, it dosen't seem like ot could be an accident. Is the world's greatest humorist a fan of the world's greatest music group? Also, I'm going to NY this summer, and I want to schedule my trip so I can come when they're playing. Anyone know of any plans by Them to do shows there this summer? Liam ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:04:08 -0500 (CDT) From: "John E. Neely" Subject: Chair I think he's saying "armchair" in a drawn out way..... %%% jneely01@mail.orion.org %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "....the god Thoth-Hermes granted him original enlightenment by murmuring, `Uh, look, I groove with the problem, baby, but dig, we gotta put carrots in or it ain't no stew.'" --Robert Sheckley On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Rick C. Petty wrote: > Can somebody answer me one question: > > On the song "Someone keeps moving my chair", in the chorus, what are the > words inserted between 'my' and 'chair'??? Is there something there or > are the Johns just adding musical syllables? > > --Rick C. Petty, aka Snoopy

I hate Netscape! > _______________________________________________________________________ > SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/ > pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:45:22 -0600 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: check this out Everyone: I work for a sattire-type newspaper on my campus that's just getting off the ground. We have the paper on the internet, so I hear, and I think that TMBG fans may enjow the humor. It's called the Daily Chimp. Check it out.... http://www.uwec.edu/Review/Chimp/DC.htm Ana Ng ------------------------------ From: Justin Subject: TMBG IRC Chat Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 17:11:42 -0500 Attention! There is a *new* place to chat about TMBG! Just IRC to irc.dragonfire.net and /join #tmbg!!!! (Without the exclaimation points!) Notes: 1) If noone comes, it will eventually go away. At least try it! 2) If you have IRC experience, e-mail me to become a channel-op! Drop on by! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:16:08 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: The inspiring sound I just listened to State Songs about ten times and wrote a short story. (Note: I excluded Nevada all but once, and included Mono Puff before it once. And every time I included the amazing Nixon's The One). Find it at Mr. Flippy's Red Light Fun Time Party Hour this weekend. It's called "John" which, for numerous reasons, is a name I like. Mike. http://yucc.yorku.ca/~alex ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:26:00 -0700 (PDT) From: Melissa Bageant Well, I'm not <17 but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in too. 19 and I go to University of San Diego. Anybody else out there that lives around here? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:27:01 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: TMBG radio interview For those of you in Toronto or outlying areas of the US which can pick up CFNY FM 102.1,listen to Live In Toronto on Thursday between 6 and 8 PM for there will be a live phone interview with John and John. (postponed from last week). I can hardly wait. More into to come. Mike. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:33:16 -0700 (PDT) From: Melissa Bageant While everyone's on the subject... Accounting major--that's me. Exciting, huh? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 16:35:52 -0700 (PDT) From: Melissa Bageant Just wondering... I used to live in Baltimore but now I live in San Diego. However, I still have an interest in my quirky hometown. Has anyone else noticed that alot of the X-Files episodes take place in Maryland? ------------------------------ From: "BOBA" Organization: anubis Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 18:45:41 EST Subject: Boba Mail: random hish-hash I believe that Chris Kopenic's idea for the shirt is the best to date. (The one with the front row free ticket...blah..blah) Cool.------^ Has anyone checked out the e-mail alias thing? It's really simple and cool. Soon I will be Boba@tmbg.org!! A random memory: Anyone remember from the E-Town show when Flans cleaned his glasses? That was the only time that I have ever seen his face in the buff!!! Well Boba's gonna hide away, or else someone's gonna get him. Boba Out. -Matthew Ondrey, who's a blue thing underneath your pillow. MJO5733@ANUBIS.WESTMORELAND.CC.PA.US "I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE" - SPRINGER ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 20:47:51 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG IRC Chat In a message dated 96-04-23 18:23:15 EDT, jsmith@e-tex.com (Justin) writes: > >There is a *new* place to chat about TMBG! Just IRC to irc.dragonfire.net >and /join #tmbg!!!! (Without the exclaimation points!) > I was just on IRC on dragonfire.net and on their list there was _NO_ #tmbg... has this not gone into effect yet? ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: alienation's for the rich Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 21:00:16 -0400 (EDT) Just a drinkin and a drivin, you know that that's a bitch, because alienation's for the rich and I'm feeling a POOrer everyday, a hey hey hey! yah! -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Anything Box|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 20:10:26 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: they flock to the strangest places > got an aol account go on YACK Mtv Live and flood it with talk of tmbg and the ^^^^^ Pun intended? *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu)*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/~kopenec )*=- ------------------------------ From: LtAldus@aol.com Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 21:16:56 -0400 Subject: Re: Barry <> Or he could've sen the movie. I read that one, too, and when I first saw the title I had thought it would be very interesting. <> They play a lot at various clubs around New York. Right now, I don't think summer dates are released yet. -Young Hickory Napoleon ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 20:37:04 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Where do I post T-shirt design I have a rough sketch of my t-shirt idea (concert ticket)....keep in mind it is VERY rough...but it is still available...but I need to post it SOMEWHERE!!! Tell me where...thanx lotz *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu)*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/~kopenec )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 12:46:32 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: blah blah blahblah. Blah? Blahblah. Whee! I just found out that my local record store has a couple of copies of Back to Skull! The only EP I've ever found here was WDTSS (I snatched it up right away, but then I felt really bad because I was supposed to be Christmas shopping). I'm just gonna have to go back to Homer's and go get that. Wow! On a completely unrelated note...I work in a grocery store, and I was thinking about this the other day: why, exactly, do guys refuse to let someone help them carry their groceries to their car when they have a ton of bags? Is it some sort of display of manliness? What? What are they trying to prove by carrying 8 bags out by themselves?? I mean, it's like, "Oh, here, I can carry one more. I can hang this one from my earlobe, and..." Do they think we're going to be really impressed when they drop all their stuff in the parking lot?? These are all rhetorical questions, by the way. Oh yeah, some great quotes: "Help! I have too much blood in my caffeine system!!" --my friend (and fellow listie) Kylee. "Clearly, being stoned is not conducive to learning." --my psych textbook. OK, I'm going to go eat lunch now. Waiting for the dinner bell to do the bell thing, --Tara *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 21:32:37 -0400 From: shelton@coeibm.rutgers.edu (Bryan Shelton) Subject: argh Guys, it's me Tracy, writing from my other account... my email is making my life a living hell (well not quite) byt deciding not to work again...I think I will unsubscribe to the list because it is killing me except I can't do that because it won't let me send any messages... OH THE IRONY!!! Leo or someone, what can I do to unsubscribe if I can't send mail? Just want for the sys admin to save my butt again? Anyway, sorry for the typos... Alex I will send you that tape ASAP, Mike I still want a tshirt so I'll keep in touch about that...um let's see who else... I can't think of anything right now...but I will either subscribe to the digest for now or re-subscribe in a month or so...maybe shorter cause I'll miss you... anyway...I can't post for a while...you know where to email me grazioli@marywood1.marywood.edu if you really miss me :):):) Ben, good luck finding your evil twin...find me a girl named Tracy Grozioli... um... okay guys, bye for now... Tracy, who will return with top ten lists a plenty during the summer I love yas! ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: A word, and thanks. Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 22:16:01 -0400 (EDT) I'd like to take a minute out of the list to say a few things, then I'm going to be quite for a while and get back to school work for a change. As those of who who have looked at the e-mail page (http://www.tmbg.org/e-mail/) I have made a plea for some donations. I'd like to state it for the mailing list. I love tmbg, and don't mind putting time into maintining www.tmbg.org, the mailing list, and the ftp site. It's a fun thing to do. Unfortunately, it is also expensive. I just purchased a second machine to handle tmbg.org and tmbg.com (as well as a few other things) to improve the service. So far I've put about $1,000 into that machine. Now, I did that without expecting anything in return, but after talking with some people it seems that some people would like to help out. I decided to ask for a $10 donation from people getting one of the vanity e-mail addresses. If anyone on the mailing list would also like to make a donation I would be happy to take it to offset my costs of providing these services. You will get your name on the web site as a sponsor. Donations are not manditory. I know there are people on this list that can't donate, or don't feel the service is worth anything, and that's fine with me. I'm not going to stop all of this because people don't send money. If you would like to make a donation, please send a check payable in US funds to: Leo Bicknell 303 Piedmont Apt 6 Blacksburg, VA 24060 I would suggest $10, but if you would like to give more or less that's ok. I would also like to thank all the people who have supported this mailing list and the web site. TMBG fans are definately special people. Without fans like all of you the mailing list and web site would not exist at all. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 01:09:37 -0500 (CDT) From: Robin and Alex Perry Subject: everything My dad had was up grading our computer, so I'm catching up for the past week or so sorry. About thhe TMBG sighting on James and The Giant Peach I saw the movie the day before I saw that posted and sorry Scott but I think you have John onn the brain!!! I'm an ENFP Someone asked if TMBG always said they got lost on the way to the concert before playing TMBG got lost... well they didn't say anything like that here in St Louis-- well actually they said that they wrote the song about a experience about 100-200 miles from here!! I LOve the t-shirt idea!!! Robin ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 22:49:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Deanna Rubin Subject: Re: TMBG IRC Chat For all of you IRC Weenies: A) #TMBG is *not* new.. it was around four or five years ago when I was into IRC. I remember that we usually had around 5-10 people on at most times (hey, is Liz Pacini still out there somewhere? Or the girl who used to work for Them whose handle was "Ondine" 2-3 years ago?) B) if it's not there, just type /join #TMBG and the channel will form with you as the sole person joined to it. Really. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- deanna rubin entropy+@CMU.EDU http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~dr4b/ *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: KAACoolGuy@aol.com Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 22:50:17 -0400 Subject: TMBG AND Q101 Hey Everybody! Right now Im am the happist perosn in all Chicago its now 940pm (oh ya tuesday apr23) Q101. the best radio station in all the alternative world and in all chicago had TMBG, playing Spiriling Shape (i think thats right) anyway in the cagematch (they put 2 bands against each other and have people call in for the winners) AND THEY WON! (agianst tory amos) im soo happy they will go agiain tomarrow everybody in the whole world call in and listen when They are played anyway this is a major beakthrough in TMBG ness everywhere and im going on record as being the most extatic about it They have accomplished a truely great feat happy now and forever, kurt ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:29:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: just a bunch of stuff... I got the last copy of Back to Skull at my friendly local record store today (ok, so they're not always friendly...in fact, I don't even like the place. but "friendly local record store" sounded nice). Now that I've finally heard Mrs. Train, I must say Ben or Been's and Kasey's interps definitely work for me there. Michael Rose: I think I had a dream like that once too, where I went to a TMBG show and it wasn't really them and it was short and it sort of sucked. Actually, in mine I think it was them, but they were really old or something. And they just stopped in the middle of the show and said they'd be back in a minute, and they never came back. :( I had this dream right before I went to my first (and, thus far, my only) TMBG show. Luckily, the dream was not at all indicative of how the show was to turn out. :) I seem to have dreams like this a lot--whenever I'm really looking forward to something, I always dream the night before that it was no good... It's 72 degrees in my head all day long, --Tara (Just out of curiosity, are there any Wally Pleasant fans out there? He's highly amusing; check him out.) *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * Tara Weber | tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-115 ******************************