Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-121 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 121 Tuesday, 30 April 1996 Today's Topics: Boba Mail RARE!!! Re: RARE!!! TMBG vinyl and Edison photos. which describes.. picky ol' me Re: Flaming hillbilly colour Re: RARE!!! Re: RARE!!! Re: which describes.. Just a couple of things picky ol' me Re: which describes.. Radio play. Re: TMBG on Q101/how long? Stump Box Re: picky ol' me They Might Be Blowfish Evil Tara's the best birthday present ever! UofC concert Evil twin... Re: If anybody cares..... this tribute thing "Id", Hootie, and anagrams STOP THE LIST, I WANT TO GET OFF!!!! Re: this tribute thing (XTC) Re: this tribute thing (XTC) Acting silly in public in the name of TMBG! Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "BOBA" Organization: anubis Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 10:12:17 EST Subject: Boba Mail Monday Night's Matchup: Stabbing Westward? Taking on TMBG. Oh no, They Might actually lose. Oh no!!!! NOT------------^^ These Industrial doopdahs are dead!! > Nathan Todd/aka Linnel <---------- What the hell is this anyway? Leo, I tried out the database thing. I couldn't get in. 404 File Not Found. Some one wrote: > Hello all > I'll admit I don't know much about the concert industry (heck, the > only band I've ever seen live is Janitors Against Apartheid, and > that's because they're local) but aren't "opening" bands usually new, > unestablished bands? If so, why is TMBG (a more-than-ten-year-old > band with a strong following) opening for the brand-new (only > releasing 2nd album) band Hootie? Does this make sense? And, as > somebody pointed out, Hootie and TMBG are on different labels. It's > unlikely TMBG is moving to Atlantic, inasmuch as they're on album 4 > of a 7-album contract with Elektra (I read this somewhere). What > gives? They are not opening for Hootie. Bands that are older sometimes open for newer bands, though. Ex. Violent Femmes opening for the B-52's many years ago. 'Nuff Said. Well, I missed that recording session like so many others. I want internship!!! Time to mention that this will be my last REGULAR post because of school ending. I will try to get back here at least once a week, though. Remember, you never know what you'll find in your letterbow tommorow! Boba Loves You. -Matthew Ondrey, the unseen whaler. boba@tmbg.org "I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE" - SPRINGER ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden - S" Subject: RARE!!! Date: Mon, 29 Apr 96 08:49:00 P It's me Brenden REnsink. I'm back from spring break!! And I have really good news!!! I found a copy of TMBG's first album on Vinyl!!! I think that this is really rare. |At least I have never heard of it. It is gonna cost me 20$ to buyit . To rich for my blood, so I decided to see if any of you guys wanted it. If interested please contact me. Brenden - nednerB ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 11:09:10 -0400 (EDT) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: RARE!!! On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Rensink, Brenden - S wrote: > I found a copy of TMBG's first album on Vinyl!!! I think that this is > really rare. |At least I have never heard of it. It is gonna cost me 20$ In my opinion, it's not quite as rare as Lincoln on vinyl. I bought Their first album on vinyl for something like 3 or 4 bucks, and have seen it many other times. Flood on vinyl is also quite easy to come by in used record store (at least here in Toronto), but I've never been able to find Lincoln...damn. Alex ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 11:14:42 -0400 Subject: TMBG vinyl and Edison photos. >I found a copy of TMBG's first album on Vinyl!!! I think that this is >really rare. |At least I have never heard of it. It is gonna cost me 20$ >to buyit . The first album, pink, blue, whatever, is still available through the info club on vinyl for the remarkable price of $7.50 plus shipping and handling. The info club also still has copies of Lincoln on vinyl, but those will soon be gone. So, if you are looking for TMBG on vinyl... Act fast, order now... Something like that. (914)-359-0867. As per the Edison Show: Once again... We got pictures! The Johns in their Sunday best is not a sight to be missed, I assure you. I don't have copies of these or the Mercury Lounge photos yet, but I will. Is anyone interested in housing these lovely and attractive photos on a web site? I don't have access to a scanner right now, but I'd be willing to snail mail copies of the pictures (when I get 'em, which should be soon) to someone who does. Love, Brooks, who has those dreaded words, "aol.com," in her e-mail address... ahem. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: which describes.. Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 13:36:22 -0400 (EDT) How many agree with me that Which Describes How You're Feeling All the Time on the Statue Got Me High single is wackier and cooler than the version on Apollo 18? on to me work.. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:33:15 -0400 (EDT) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: picky ol' me On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, BOBA wrote: > They are not opening for Hootie. Bands that are older sometimes open > for newer bands, though. Ex. Violent Femmes opening for the B-52's many > years ago. 'Nuff Said. I don't mean to be picky, but the B-52's have been around since the late seventies, and the Violent Femmes released their first album in 1983. I guess that would make the Femmes younger Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:44:04 -0700 From: John Lambert Subject: Re: Flaming hillbilly colour Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 wrote: > > The best anagram so far of my name, Michael Rose, is "heroic meals." > > Just how great does dinner have to be before you can consider it > heroic...? THE BEST ANAGRAMS SO FAR OF MY NAME, JOHN LAMBERT, ARE "JOLT HERB MAN" AND "JET-HORN LAMB" NOT JUST ANOTHER JOHN ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:03:24 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: RARE!!! On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Alex Gershon wrote: > On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Rensink, Brenden - S wrote: > > > I found a copy of TMBG's first album on Vinyl!!! I think that this is > > really rare. |At least I have never heard of it. It is gonna cost me 20$ > > In my opinion, it's not quite as rare as Lincoln on vinyl. I bought Their > first album on vinyl for something like 3 or 4 bucks, and have seen it > many other times. Flood on vinyl is also quite easy to come by in used > record store (at least here in Toronto), but I've never been able to find > Lincoln...damn. > Ok, I've got a German import of Apollo 18, A promo of Lincoln and the ofirst album still in shrinkwrap with the sticker on it all in vinyl..pbut I still need that Flood one..no one in tx has it around here...pluss they aren't that popular in tx either...i'll pay for one of those flood ones though....laterz > Alex > *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( albatross@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:50:53 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: Re: RARE!!! On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Alex Gershon wrote: > On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Rensink, Brenden - S wrote: > > > I found a copy of TMBG's first album on Vinyl!!! I think that this is > > really rare. |At least I have never heard of it. It is gonna cost me 20$ > > In my opinion, it's not quite as rare as Lincoln on vinyl. I bought Their > first album on vinyl for something like 3 or 4 bucks, and have seen it > many other times. Flood on vinyl is also quite easy to come by in used > record store (at least here in Toronto), but I've never been able to find > Lincoln...damn. > > Alex > I found a sealed copy of the first album on vinyl for $6.50 a few weeks ago in Scranton, Pennsylvania. 20 bucks sounds a bit high... Mike new story!at http://yucc.yorku.ca/~alex ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:57:32 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: Re: which describes.. On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Matthew James wrote: > How many agree with me that Which Describes How You're Feeling All the > Time on the Statue Got Me High single is wackier and cooler than the > version on Apollo 18? > on to me work.. > Matt > -- I agree absolutely. I like the A18 version a lot, it is nicely arranged but the demo version brings the best out of the song. I'm a big fan of that "sound" from that era of TMBG: the beatbox and the electronic stuff so above and beyond the first album it's nice that there's more stuff available which shares that sound. Mike ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 12:35:02 -0700 From: bartush@ix.netcom.com (MATTHEW W BARTUSH) Subject: Just a couple of things In response to how often TMBG gets airplay.. Here in Sacramento we have KWOD which plays mainly the Green Day/Bush/Pearl Jam/etc. type of "alternative" music, but will on occassion play Them, particulary when a new single is released. And I've been hearing "Birdhouse in Your Soul" at least 2-3 times a week lately. I've never heard them play any pre-Flood music (big surprise). And on the KITH "Brain Candy" soundtrack: It is excellent! The TMBG song, "Spiralling Shape," is worth buying the entire soundtrack for, and the rest of the songs are great as well, particularly the songs from the movie ("Happiness Pie" rocks!). To me, it's well worth the money. That's all for now! Matt in Sacramento ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: picky ol' me Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:09:41 -0400 (EDT) > On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, BOBA wrote: > > > They are not opening for Hootie. Bands that are older sometimes open > > for newer bands, though. Ex. Violent Femmes opening for the B-52's many > > years ago. 'Nuff Said. > > I don't mean to be picky, but the B-52's have been around since the late > seventies, and the Violent Femmes released their first album in 1983. I > guess that would make the Femmes younger Actually, didn't that excellent first album come out in 1981 or am I mistaken? But yeah the B-52s are way old, almost any band today that would open for them would be younger pretty much. I like the b-52s especially that wacky older stuff. -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:21:36 -0400 (EDT) From: Snowball In Hell Subject: Re: which describes.. Damn, I've never heard the version of WDHYF on the single for The Statue Got me High? It's wackier and cooler? I have to hunt this down. If anyone needs me, I will be out stalking my prey. --Jack John@tmbg.org http://www.ysp.com/ysprecords/ryanflynn ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:19:24 -0400 From: Tom Sullivan Subject: Radio play. To whomever asked how often They get played on the air.. WHTG-FM in Eatontown, NJ, plays them quite often. They play the "normal" Istanbul/Birdhouse, but they also play Twisting, Don't Lets Start, I Palindrome I, The Guitar, and Purple Toupee.. With some others mixed in. Pretty neat. --- -- - Tom Sullivan of Jonas e'Zine (edi@cybercomm.net) http://www.cybercomm.net/~edi/homepage.html --- -- - ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 96 13:13:27 From: "Hefley, Paula" Subject: Re: TMBG on Q101/how long? On 4/28/96 4:03 PM, KAACoolGuy aka Kurt wrote: >oh also >in all the other cities out there touched by list members, >how often is tmbg played on the radio? Well, here in not-really-so-lovely Sacramento, California, 106.5 KWOD plays Them fairly often, I'd say at least once or twice a week. The only drawback is that KWOD alternates between Birdhouse and Instanbul, despite desperate pleas to the program manager. My friend Julie swears they used to play WDTSS all the time, as well as The Guitar and The Statue GMH, but in the six months I've lived here I've heard nothing of the sort. BTW, Michael Rose, you and I are sharing the same torture chamber reading the posts for the Edison exhibition - my joints started to ache and my jaw went into a full-blown TMJ seizure. Waaaaaaahhhhh! You East Coasters are fortunate indeed! If I had been there and offered an internship, I would have pulled out a contract and said, "Sign here, sir. When do I start?" Goodness gracious... Signing off in an apoplectic fit of envy, SuzyB ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 17:03:13 -0400 (EDT) From: Johnette Frostburg Subject: Stump Box I was just wondering.... I heard a lot of talk about Stump Box, and I am suddenly rabid to own it. What's it all about, and how can I get a copy? Is it anything along the lines of the Concrete & Clay cover on DaS? Just wondering....... Later, 'Nette ps if Flansburg is getting married, does that mean we're ALL competing for Linnell now? ;) +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Now, THAT'S comedy." - Slappy Squirrel +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "I was unsupervised, I had a real good time. Until I - I hit my head" - John Flansburg "Unsupervised, I Hit My Head" Mono Puff - +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Check out my Web Page!! http://www.trenton.edu/~frost/ Jeanette Frost | aka Johnette Frostburg | Trenton State College +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 17:02:51 -0400 (EDT) From: Amanda Gayle Douberly Subject: Re: picky ol' me On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Matthew James wrote: > Actually, didn't that excellent first album come out in 1981 or am I > mistaken? But yeah the B-52s are way old, almost any band today that > would open for them would be younger pretty much. I like the b-52s > especially that wacky older stuff. We were both off mark...I just checked the liner and it was 1982. Oh well, one can't be right all the time, now can they? :) The B-52's are *great*! They are one of the few bands, in my opinion, that fit in the same genre as TMBG...wacky feel-good music. Amanda ------------------------------ From: "Justin W. Smith" Subject: They Might Be Blowfish Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:45:12 -0500 Don't say that TMBG opening for Hootie could never happen. They played = together at the 1995 HFS Earthday Concert in MD, along with Collective = Soul and some other bands. The scariest thing is that TMBG was the = biggest of those three at the time! justin@tmbg.org birdhouse@tmbg.org ~Yippie~ BTW, come on down to irc.dragonfire.com and join #tmbg some = time! ------------------------------ From: tapatenaude@acad.ursinus.edu Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 18:04:40 EST Subject: Evil Tara's So how many of us are there?? I thought there were only two, but now I'm thinking there might be a sneaky third Tara, which would make us evil triplets. ;) And I bet we're *all* evil! :) -One of the Evil Tara's ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 19:18:34 -0500 (EST) From: CORT Subject: the best birthday present ever! Hi everyone, this is cortney! Well, I told ya all about the *coolest* birthday present I could havve asked for, my b-day card signed by all members of TMBG! Well, I scanned it last night and added it to my homepage if any of ya would like to check it out! My web address is: http://tiger.uofs.edu/student/ck8 sun and smiles cortney p.s. thanks doug ------------------------------ From: NyQuil73@aol.com Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 19:23:50 -0400 Subject: UofC concert I just heard from somebody that the Univ. of Chicago concert is FREE. And not only that but anybody can get in. They aren't even checking to see if you're a student there. I need to know if this is true...if it is I'm going. Adam ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 19:53:37 -0400 (EDT) From: Snowball In Hell Subject: Evil twin... I keep hearing of the evil Taras (how many are there?), and I was wondering, any Jack's out there, evil or otherwise? I want a twin, too. --Jack, conforming for the first time in his life http://www.ysp.com/ysprecords/ryanflynn John@tmbg.org ryanflynn@ysp.com jcurley@ramapo.edu jcurley@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 18:54:30 -0500 (CDT) From: Erik Swedberg Subject: Re: If anybody cares..... > ThE BREEDERS!!! going back > into the studio soon!!!! Oh no. -erik ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:31:26 -0500 (EST) From: Particle Woman Subject: this tribute thing hi.. this was posted in a newsgroup- anyone know what tmbg song is on it, if it's any good / worth buying, etc.? I never knew about it.. *shrug* -- [snip] The XTC tribute is called 'A Testimonial Dinner' and is still in most record stores. It came out on Thirsty Ear Records last year. Contributors include Sarah McLachlan, Freedy Johnston, They Might Be Giants, Joe Jackson, Spacehog, Verve Pipe, Crash Test Dummies, and more. -- thanks.. -stacy (stacy@tmbg.org) (schpi-dahh@tmbg.org) \ | | / tRy vEgEtArIaNiSm \|/ ____ \|/ cLoCkWoRk oRaNgE RuLeS /\ \ / /\ \\.().// lEgAlIzE mArIjUaNa ~@-/ oO \-@~ rEsErVoIr dOgS RuLeS //\\ .. //\\ //(__)\\ fUcK tHaT cDa sHiT /_( \__/ )_\ "sChPi-dAhHhH!! hE iS //\(( ))/\\ / | | \ pHiSh pHaNs RuLe \__U_/ oUr hErO!!" -tMbG / < `' > \ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:36:44 -0400 (EDT) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: "Id", Hootie, and anagrams >...For months I was under the impression that in A Self Called Nowhere >contained the lyrics "it's a thing named 'Id' in a bottomless pit, you can't >see it there," (as in the Id, ego, superego) until one fateful afternoon when >my brother informed me it was "a thing named 'it' in a bottomless pit..." I always thought the same thing! I refuse to sing "it", it sounds dumb that way. >>Flans: "Uhhh, well, we'll be on the road, we'll probably be >>touring...we'll definitely be touring in the Fall...we're opening for Hootie >>And The Blowfish on a stadium tour..." >This strikes me as mildly odd, as Hootie is on Altantic Records while >TMBG are on Elektra... Both of whom are subsidaries of Warner... >I'll admit I don't know much about the concert industry (heck, the >only band I've ever seen live is Janitors Against Apartheid, and >that's because they're local) but aren't "opening" bands usually new, >unestablished bands? If so, why is TMBG (a more-than-ten-year-old >band with a strong following) opening for the brand-new (only >releasing 2nd album) band Hootie? Does this make sense? And, as >somebody pointed out, Hootie and TMBG are on different labels. It's >unlikely TMBG is moving to Atlantic, inasmuch as they're on album 4 >of a 7-album contract with Elektra (I read this somewhere). What >gives? No, generally opening bands are bands that can't sell as many tickets as the headliners. Example: pre-CRV, Hootie opened for Toad The Wet Sprocket (one of the two very best bands in the world), who hadn't even had a hit on their new album but who have a big following and consistently go platinum, and can sell out a pretty large venue. Post-FJ: the list of people Hootie could open for now is barely out of single digits. TMBG has a strong following, true. But do they buy 12 million CD's and sell out stadiums? I don't think so. And it doesn't matter that TMBG and HATB are on different labels, anyway, since Elektra and Atlantic are both subsidiaries of Warner Comm. >Why rub ten linen lard? They Might Be Giants...:) ///////////////////////////////Joshua Hall-Bachner////////////////////////////// / particle@servtech.com / / "I spend too much time raiding windmills, We go side by side, laugh until / / it's right. There's something that you won't show, waiting where the light / / goes. And maybe anywhere the wind blows, it's all worth waiting for." / //////////////////////////////////-- Toad The Wet Sprocket,"Windmills"////////// ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:01:42 -0500 (EST) From: Lady J Subject: STOP THE LIST, I WANT TO GET OFF!!!! hey guys, the time has come when i have to leave. my semester is over at the end of the week, and i will be traipsing home to huntington, land of no email.....so i have to unsubsribe. but i'll be back in august, i promise. send me mail, tell me goodbye, and while you're at it, give me the address to get off!!!! c'mon, think of all the nice things i've done for you! yours in a bucket, aims `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` "You will hardly know what I am or what I mean, But I shall be good health to you nevertheless, And filter and fibre your blood." -Walt Whitman aimee elisabeth pflieger http://silver.ucs.indiana.edu/~apfliege/ ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 22:54:15 -0400 Subject: Re: this tribute thing (XTC) In a message dated 96-04-29 21:41:14 EDT, somebody wrote: > >hi.. this was posted in a newsgroup- anyone know what tmbg song is on it, if >it's any good / worth buying, etc.? I never knew about it.. *shrug* I'd have to say that the XTC tribute is well worth anyone's 13 bucks... The tmbg song is called '25 O' Clock and is not spectacular, but it is new material... TMBG lack of greatness on this particular disc is made up for by this great conga-line-till-ya-drop-song called 'The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul'... Also on the disc there is a great song for anybody who likes Crash Test Dummies and that new overlypopular band SpaceHog does a half way decent rendition of 'Senses Working Overtime'... another prominent feature is Sara(h) MacLauchlan (I have no idea how this is spelled) singing 'Dear God' a song that would be cool regardless of the singer... Other high points include the song 'Statue Of Liberty' from the early years of XTC sung like it was from 'Oranges and Lemons' by some band who I don't know... One other noteable is the radio single 'Wake Up' the Verve Pipe.... I'm outta breath... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 23:28:45 -0400 (EDT) From: Michael Rose - PHAF/W95 Subject: Re: this tribute thing (XTC) On Mon, 29 Apr 1996 Ruprecht76@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 96-04-29 21:41:14 EDT, somebody wrote: > > > > >hi.. this was posted in a newsgroup- anyone know what tmbg song is on it, if > >it's any good / worth buying, etc.? I never knew about it.. *shrug* > > I'd have to say that the XTC tribute is well worth anyone's 13 bucks... > The tmbg song is called '25 O' Clock and is not spectacular, but it is new > material... TMBG lack of greatness on this particular disc is made up for by > this great conga-line-till-ya-drop-song called 'The Man Who Sailed Around His > Soul'... I'm afraid I must disagree, 25 O'clock is among the best tracks on the album. I find it enthusiastic and fun. But then, that's just me. Mike. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:06:31 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Acting silly in public in the name of TMBG! Uggghhh....I just took my first final. 'Nuff said. Today I was just realizing that I have no pictures from this school year of me and my friends, so we went out to this nifty fountain on campus (that they're tearing down at the end of this summer, unfortunately) and got lots of goofy pictures of ourselves. The best ones (and I hope they turn out!) are of Kylee and I standing on the edge of the fountain, doing the little dance from the Birdhouse video (jumping up and down with your arms held in a circle in front of you like you're holding a big ol' basket or something). We also took some of us grabbing our faces and shaking them, a la Don't Let's Start. People looked at us very strangely, as this fountain is right in the middle of what is basically the hub of the campus. Then the guy who introduced me to Them waaaay back in my deep, dark high school days walked by and shook his head in amazement at the monster he'd created. :) Oh, and when I posted about how Talking Heads oughtta do the "Catching on Fire" fingertip, I was aware that they had indeed broken up, but I just hadn't stopped to think about the fact that a defunct band probably wouldn't suit our purposes too well. Sorry, my bad. :) Speaking of T-heads, I was watching MST3K the other night, and I heard Crow exclaim "Hey! This is not my beautiful house! This is not my beautiful wife! How did I get here??" :) I don't remember what was going on in the movie they were watching, 'cause I wasn't paying very close attention. But it was funny anyway. :) And to those of you who went to the Wax Recording thing, I cannot begin to express how insanely jealous I am. :) I was told by Matt James that after having seen this thing, he would have driven to N.J. to see it even if he were stuck living in Nebraska like I am. I think I'll go crawl in a hole and die now. :( Sighing at the cracks in the ceiling all the time, --Tara *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * Tara Weber | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * Ondine@tmbg.org | tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-121 ******************************