Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-127 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 127 Monday, 6 May 1996 Today's Topics: happy Re: happy+ Raymond Scott Re: If I wer... Re: If I wer... Re: Proud to be a grammar geek!! :) Re: If I wer... to bring up old threads... Weird Al Hideaway Folk Family Here be I again tmbg popularity Goldstein, not Bernstein Grammar from Graham Murr ---* Live Sun Shining *--- Re: Grammar from Graham Murr barrymore, March 11,1995 The Real World new, hot info on the U of C concert Re: Stuff Re: Stuff my page happy birthday Re: If I were... RE: B-52s/It/Id Re: If I were... Re: Goldstein, not Bernstein Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Matthew James Subject: happy Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 03:20:51 -0400 (EDT) Oh th Johns would be so proud, Polyester 101 just played Disco Inferno, a tune they supposedly covered (according to Stumpbox) Does anyone know why See the Constellation (I think it's that) is on Stumpbox? I've never known this to be a cover. Rhythm SectionWant Ad is on there too but only part of it and I'm assuming it's just the next tune in line after that particular cover. I love that song live though! (and on CD as well). Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 02:40:14 -0500 (CDT) From: Erik Swedberg Subject: Re: happy+ Raymond Scott On Sun, 5 May 1996, Matthew James wrote: > Stumpbox? I've never known this to be a cover. Rhythm SectionWant Ad > is on there too but only part of it and I'm assuming it's just > the next tune in line after that particular cover. I love that song > live though! (and on CD as well). > Matt Hi Matt. The accordian break-down in Rhythm Section... is a cover of a Raymond Scott tune called 'Powerhouse', or something like that. Raymond Scott was a musical genius from the 1930's or 40's, who did most of the Warner Bros. cartoon soundtracks (the old ones anyway...). I strongly suggest everyone go down to the sto', bring a Raymond Scott disc (I think it was Columbia Records who recently released a cd complation of his better-known works, look for it) to one of those 'listen before you buy' booths, and prepare to be blown away. The shit is doubly impressive when you consider that he was working against the primative recording/ production technology of the 40's. Seriously, check his stuff out. I read somewhere that Linnel was embarrased because they played Powerhouse wrong in RSWA! They didnt realize until it was recorded... love, john ------------------------------ From: john@msd.measurex.com (John Pletikapich) Subject: Re: If I wer... Date: Sun, 5 May 96 9:28:42 EDT >Subject: just a post... > >"If i _WAS_ a carpenter, i'd hammer..." It is possible to say 'was' there and be correct. For example, in a courtroom, a prosecuting attorney could say "You were a carpenter and you used a saw to kill the piglet". You might reply, "If I WAS a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet". Emphasis is placed on the 'was' to contradict the lawyer's assertion. (That reply may not secure your innocence though...) Sorry, I don't know how to describe it, but it's not 'subjunctive' at that point. On a side note regarding musicians and grammar, I remember seeing a piece on "Information Society" on MTV (how long ago was THAT!) where the singer said he was going to take up a cause to stop the use of pretentious spelling. E.g, shoppe. Of course, my memory fails me alot lately... -- john@msd.measurex.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 09:53:19 -0400 Subject: Re: If I wer... Hey, I just checked the lyric sheet, and it definitely does say "If I _were_ a carpenter." I even listened to see if they said it differently than on the lyric sheet, but again "were" came through loud and clear. I may have misread some of these posts, and if I did I apologize, but shame on all of you who accused the Johns of bad grammar! Kay, official English teacher of the mailing list ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 23:18:52 -0700 From: Joe Virant Organization: Learning Link Ohio Subject: Re: Proud to be a grammar geek!! :) Little Woman From Another Place wrote: > Earlier this year there was a sign at the Taco Bell in my hometown that > said: > > Congratulations > Bob and Teresa! > It's a Boy! > HELP WANTED > Another Taco Bell sign blunder: At my local Bell, the sign said "Try Our New Bacon Men". :) jOe ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 May 1996 12:06:31 -0400 (EDT) From: The Vonnegut Vassal Subject: Re: If I wer... okok...i admit, i was wrong...perhaps i can attribute my mishearing to the fact that i mostly listen to Flood in the car, and my car is a little loud...ok, so maybe it's a bad excuse, but...i really thought they said "was"... hmmm...the reason i began the thread, though, was becasue i thought i'd noticed other grammar errors, on occasion...can anyone think of any more? i can't think of them now, but... ok, sorry for the confusion, my friends... :) thanks for understanding! --Fran, AKA the Vonnegut Vassal ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 May 1996 12:08:57 -0500 From: Mitch Fishman Organization: They Might Be Giants fan club of the internet (St. Louis Chapter) (Creve Coeur Division) (Section 4B) Subject: to bring up old threads... Weird Al We allll know about the "everything you know is wrong" song, but did anybody notice that "I remember Larry" sounds WAY too much like "see the constilation?" I mean... even the end gets quieter.. you just want to yell, "hup! hup! wup chup wup chup!" or whatever they say. oh, and Bob (mr. horrible) let us know when & where we can retrieve that concert!! -Mitch p.s.- watch out for the TMBG Windows 95 plus! theme soon. If you want a preview, I have cursors up at ftp://ftp.tmbg.org/pub/win95 seee ya! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 14:44:15 -0400 (EDT) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Hideaway Folk Family I was hit with a stunning revelation while listening to Hideaway Folk Family...well, at least it was stunning for me...maybe you all had it figured out already. Anyway, the lyric "...sadly the cross-eyed bear...", is that supposed to be a play on the words from the prayer "Gladly the cross I'd bare"? Forgive me if this is old news, but it did come as a surprise to me. Alex ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 16:30:41 -0400 From: frankh@awod.com (Frank) Subject: Here be I again Well after a month's break I'm back on a different service. Update me on big events and recent threads puh-lease. Latro, Brother JohnBejezus (Beezus) The Heart of the thing is the thing we don't know.-Pere Ubu ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 16:24:01 -0400 (EDT) From: Mike Rose Subject: tmbg popularity Hey, all. Well, since this topic has come up again, I decided it might be a good idea to repost a thought I had back on March 26, 1996. I hope you all don't mind. Here it is: Here in Toronto, it is very unlikely that you will hear a TMBG song on the radio. The only ones I have ever heard are Birdhouse In Your Soul, Istanbul (the remix once), The Guitar and Snail Shell. And the latter two only once. When I had my short lived radio show on CKLN, Ryerson's FM radio station, I played Them all the time: Fingertips, Cabbagetown, I'm Def, Which Describes How You're Feeling, For Science; all the more obscure tracks (the whole focus of my show). "Alternative" radio here is generally a corporate thing and the playlists revolve around established artists or "darlings" of the station and new stuff by more varied acts like TMBG are only played if there is some sort of enormous groundswell of support by fans, which for some reason never happened here with TMBG. (At least not in this sense; their shows still sell out and all that stuff). So I don't listen much anymore but I can guarantee you that TMBG isn't played very often. Of course I think that a lot would change if they ever got superhuge; a lot of the venues that theu play now would probably be deemed too small or out of the way; I think the subsequent label-forced overexposure would kill some of what makes them special; this kind of weird intimacy that TMBG fans feel they have with John and John might slip away...who knows? Of course I want others to love them and buy their records but I don't know if I want them to suddenly become major superstars...don't they both seem the kind of people who would reject that sort of thing anyway? Maybe I don't even know what I'm talking about, it's three o'clock in the morning and I'm spouting inanities. All I'm saying is that part of the TMBG experience is knowing that you've found something wonderful that most other people are either unwilling or unable to acknowledge as brilliant. I think a lot of the time when new creative ground is broken there will always be a contingent of the population who will recognise this and their lives will be changed, whereas most people will ignore it. This is why I have posited many times that many years from now TMBG will be revered as geniuses when their back catalogues are discovered by future civilisations. No doubt the numerous radio waves flying through space into the universe beyond which contain TMBG material have become favourites of the alien civilisations which cruise the cosmos listening to and watching us. This I believe wholeheartedly. Mike. Ah, maybe it wasn't a good idea to repost this. Why am I saving my sent messages anyway? ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 17:59:02 -0400 (EDT) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Goldstein, not Bernstein Ben or Been here, correcting Ben or Been. Poncho and Pablo are Goldsteins, not Bernsteins. Anyone know 'em? Ben or Been ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 18:03:32 -0400 (EDT) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: Grammar from Graham Murr Ben or Been here, grammaticizing. . . As for other grammar observations, I've noticed: In "Your Racist Friend," the lyric "I know politics bore you" . . . The use of "bore" instead of "bores" suggests that by the word "politics," the singer means "those things seeming political," rather than the more common "the political subject, body, etc." If watching the presidential election brought out yawns, it'd probably be: "I know politics bores you" And if acting politely or doing little odd jobs for political benefit yielded yawning, it'd probably be: "I know politics bore you" Strunkandblackly, Ben or Been ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 18:09:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: ---* Live Sun Shining *--- Ben's Dial-A-Song (614) 823-BLUE now features "Why Does the Sun Shine? (live)" from the _Live in NYC_ CD (this one's the very speedy version) Give it a ring!!! Ben or Been ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 20:13:44 -0400 (EDT) From: Snowball In Hell Subject: Re: Grammar from Graham Murr On Sun, 5 May 1996, Benjamin Hauck wrote: > As for other grammar observations, I've noticed: > > In "Your Racist Friend," the lyric > "I know politics bore you" . . . The "you" in that phrase is plural. That's why it's "bore" and not "bores". It stands for You and Your Racist Friend. So it would be "I know politics bore you and your racist friend." I know I'm making myself overly clear and being very redundant, but forgive me. The Spiraling Shape has made me go insane. --Jack http://www.ysp.com/ysprecords/ryanflynn John@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 19:11:37 -0500 From: kolinger@students.wisc.edu (Kathryn Olinger) Subject: barrymore, March 11,1995 Did you go to the show at the Barrymore March 10 or 11, 1995? I wsa in Green Bay at the time and drove down for the show. I had never heard Soul Coughing before, and found them really eery on stage. The singer had birdlike mannerisms. What did you think? A few weeks ago, though, I was talking to my boyfriend about that concert and mentioned Soul Coughing. He has them on CD, and I guess you could say I've been converted. What's even weirder is that the same week _my_ boyfriend made me listen to them, my _sister's_ boyfriend did the same thing (she went to the show with me.) Weird! Cyndi Batson Northwestern University Hi, I went to the March 11,1995 tmbg show at Barrymore. I remember being mesmorized by Soul Coughing's mannerisms. I don't know if they were birdlike, but I remember that I couldn't take my eyes from the singers hands. Oh I have to agree with Jason about our radio station here in Madison, WMAD. They play a lot of they might be giants and usually their more unknown songs. Katy Here are my 3 favorite bands besides tmbg: 1-REM 2-the Cure 3-Belly ******************somewhere they're meeting on a pinhead, calling you an angel, calling you the nicest things************************************************** ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 May 1996 22:04:43 -0400 From: seta@spectra.net (Amy ) Subject: The Real World Hiya i don' t know if someone already mentioned this, but today i was watching the Real world, and it was the one in England. I think it was the first episode. When Neil walked into the door of the apartment for the first time, they started playing Snail Shell :) it was neato. :) C\_/ * C\_/ * C\_/ * C\_/ Amy * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 22:49:35 -0400 Subject: new, hot info on the U of C concert Hey guys! I just found out some info on the U of C concert on May 18th. My friend that goes there says that tickets go on sale tomorrow (monday) for $5.00 (for students). He doesn't think that they will be checking IDs. I hope that other Midwesterners get tickets, because I'll see ya at the show! (my friend is getting tickets for me). Hope that this helps!! Tucker ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 May 1996 21:51:36 -0700 From: Bob Schroer Subject: Re: Stuff Cuper Vargas wrote: > > > While tri-plat usually indicates a sellout/mega-poser band nowadays, good > > bands still do go platinum. Toad The Wet Sprocket went platinum on their > > last two albums. _fear_ probably because of all the poser people who bought > > it for All I Want/Walk On The Ocean, but _Dulcinea_ because they have a big > > base of real, dedicated fans. I'm sure there are more people out there who > > would like TMBG if given a chance. And TMBG doesn't get _real_ exposure; I > > don't think MTV has ever played more than one of their videos, ever (ripping > > them off for background music doesn't count). Well, yeah, they did host 120 > > Minutes, but exposure on MTV means having your video played once during > > every time block (1hr30 to 2hr). I was sick at home watching TV the day the > > Alice In Chains video "Again" came out. I had to watch MTV "premiere" it 4 > > times, as well as see two of their other videos. > I don't know why this gets under my skin so much, but it does. Lamenting > the possibilty that TMBG will become a mainstream phenomenon is pointless > because it has already happened. As for the MTV thing, if I'm not > mistaken, ALL of TMBG's videos have been played on MTV (this fact from the > memory of a time when I used to actually watch the god-awful 120 Minutes). > In fact, > Ana Ng was even released on the "Best Of 120 Minutes" video tape. The > very fact that a band can afford to put together, let alone get it played, > is pretty good sign of popularity. > My advice is, if you like the music, play the damn music. If TMBG becomes > huge (Green Day huge) next year, they'll probably be completely forgotten > the year after that. Anyone remember Prince Buster? Just try to find one > of his albums now. (I mean it, the man is brilliant.) As for TMBG, they > don't seem the type to drastically change their music just to please the > masses (although the recent string of soundtrack offerings is quite > disheartening). And, good music is good music, regardless of who listens > to it. > > -Slacker Ng > > P.S. If you hate MTV so much, stop watching it. If you don't see it, > then it can't annoy you. It's the last place you want to go to hear > about good music anyway. AMEN BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 20:02:16 -0700 (PDT) From: "No. 10 Can of Steam" Subject: Re: Stuff Dear: [ ] sir [ ] clueless one [ ] twit [ ] great one on campus [ ] madam [ ] dweeb [ ] twerp [ ] comrade [ ] Elvis [ ] moon beam [ ] boor [ ] Obergruppenfuehrer [x] citoyen [ ] Geek [ ] Nick Mirov [ ] cur You are being flamed because: [ ] you repeatedly initiated incoherent, flaky, and mindless threads [ ] you repeatedly posted to the same thread that you just posted to [ ] you continued a boring useless stupid thread [x] you are apparently under compulsion to post to every thread [ ] you posted a piece riddled with profanities [x] you SCREAMED! (used all caps) [ ] you posted an excessively large message [ ] you posted some sort of crap that doesn't belong on this list [ ] you posted a "don't break the chain for good luck" chain letter [ ] you posted the inanely stupid 'Make Money Fast' article [ ] you tried in some other way to use this list for personal gain [ ] you made a bigoted statement(s) [ ] you threatened others with physical harm [ ] you repeatedly assumed unwarranted moral or intellectual superiority [ ] you are under the misapprehension that this list is your preserve [ ] you are posting an anonymous attack [ ] you have repeatedly shown lack of humor [ ] you did not even use correct language On Sun, 5 May 1996, Bob Schroer wrote -------- > > P.S. If you hate MTV so much, stop watching it. If you don't see it, > > then it can't annoy you. It's the last place you want to go to hear > > about good music anyway. > > > > masses (although the recent string of soundtrack offerings is quite > > disheartening). And, good music is good music, regardless of who listens > > to it. > > > > -Slacker Ng > > > > > > AMEN BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > --------------------------------------- %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Jason Weiner *"I took a wrong turn of events. Stanford University * A wrong fork at the situation." discord@leland.stanford.edu * -Glass Eye, "Come Back" %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 May 1996 22:10:26 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: my page This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------7F1C4F253B0A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hey everybody, thanks to anybody who looked at my page... I fixed that problem with the main page after a quick study of targeting windows... my TMBG page is next to get frames. if anybody wants to see my page, with frames that actually work, (as opposed to what it was two minutes ago) the URL is http://www.dragonfire.net/~Ruprecht/ I appreciate anybody who tests it and looks for bugs... "thanks guys, from the NYPD, we love you" -backwards message from 'I'll sink Manhattan' a spooky man named me --------------7F1C4F253B0A Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; filename="duh.html" = davedavedavedave</title= ><title>davedavedavedave</titl= e><title>davedavedavedave</tit= le><title>davedavedavedave</ti= tle><title>davedavedavedave</t= itle><title>davedavedavedave</= title><title>davedavedavedave<= /title><title>DaveDaveDaveDave= DaveDaveDaveDav= eDaveDaveDaveDa= veDaveDaveDaveD= aveDaveDaveDave= DaveDaveDaveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAveDAve<= title>DAveDAveDAveDAve= DAveDAveDAveDAve</title= ><title>DAveDAveDAveDAve</titl= e><title>DAveDAveDAveDAVe</tit= le><title>DAVeDAVeDAVeDAVe</ti= tle><title>DAVeDAVeDAVeDAVe</t= itle><title>DAVeDAVeDAVeDAVe</= title><title>DAVeDAVeDAVeDAVe<= /title><title>DAVeDAVeDAVeDAVe= DAVeDAVeDAVeDAV= eDAVeDAVeDAVeDA= VeDAVeDAVeDAVeD= AVeDAVeDAVeDAVe= DAVeDAVeDAVeDAVeDAVeDAVeDAVeDAVeDAVeDAVeDAVE
Ha ha!
--------------7F1C4F253B0A-- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 01:05:12 -0500 (EST) From: DERF Subject: happy birthday Hi Everyone! This is Doug and Cortney, we just wanted to be the first to wish John Flansburgh a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 8 ) (cortney with the happy face there) but how old is he anyway? sun smiles and other cool stuff, doug and cortney ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 00:14:50 -0500 (CDT) From: Little Woman From Another Place <00083933@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: If I were... On Sun, 5 May 1996, John Pletikapich wrote: > >"If i _WAS_ a carpenter, i'd hammer..." > > It is possible to say 'was' there and be correct. For example, > in a courtroom, a prosecuting attorney could say "You were a > carpenter and you used a saw to kill the piglet". > You might reply, "If I WAS a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet"... > > Sorry, I don't know how to describe it, but it's not 'subjunctive' > at that point. I still don't think this is right. In this case, wouldn't you have to say, "If I HAD BEEN a carpenter, I would have hammered on my piglet?" This would be past tense subjunctive, and I think what you're trying to say is still subjunctive, only past tense instead of present... Geesh, I must be another of the grammar geeks. =) I love some of the tangents this group gets on. =) BTW, "Runaway" is on the radio right now. This song just hasn't been the same for me since hearing it on Stumpbox. =) Oh, speaking of Runaway, this may start another tangent, but does anyone else remember some mid-80's band who did a cover of Runaway, and they had this video with dinosaurs playing electric guitars and singing the song? This has been driving me crazy, because I seem to be the only one who remembers it, although it's only a hazy memory. =) Kylee * The thoughts and Unrelated Things herein are not mine; they belong to My Evil Twin. Complaints should be directed to the Hall of Heads. """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ) ( \ ) | Kylee Dickey: 5'3" : I'm the LWFAP! | / ) ) ( | 00083933@bigred.unl.edu | ( ( ( ) | she.is.actual.size@tmbg.org | ______________________ """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ` '__ | "If you say drink coffee, I'll drink | \ TWIN PEAKS / \ | coffee." --Agent Cooper | \ SHERIFF'S DEPT / ] """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" l _l___/ \__ __/ I have too much blood in my caffeine system! /_________\ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 00:22:58 -0500 (CDT) From: Little Woman From Another Place <00083933@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: RE: B-52s/It/Id On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Snowball In Hell wrote: > > --Jack, who has finally figured out the REAL lyrics to > Falco's "Rock Me, Amadeus" > Would you believe I actually have a collection of Falco CD's??? (It's a _long_ story!) I think I'm probably the only one in the country! Doch ihn liebten alle Frauen Und jedes rief, "Come on and rock me, Amadeus..." =) Kylee * The thoughts and Unrelated Things herein are not mine; they belong to My Evil Twin. Complaints should be directed to the Hall of Heads. """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ) ( \ ) | Kylee Dickey: 5'3" : I'm the LWFAP! | / ) ) ( | 00083933@bigred.unl.edu | ( ( ( ) | she.is.actual.size@tmbg.org | ______________________ """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ` '__ | "If you say drink coffee, I'll drink | \ TWIN PEAKS / \ | coffee." --Agent Cooper | \ SHERIFF'S DEPT / ] """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" l _l___/ \__ __/ I have too much blood in my caffeine system! /_________\ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 01:30:06 -0400 (EDT) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: If I were... On Mon, 6 May 1996, Little Woman From Another Place wrote: > BTW, "Runaway" is on the radio right now. This song just hasn't been the > same for me since hearing it on Stumpbox. =) Oh, speaking of Runaway, > this may start another tangent, but does anyone else remember some > mid-80's band who did a cover of Runaway, and they had this video with > dinosaurs playing electric guitars and singing the song? This has been > driving me crazy, because I seem to be the only one who remembers it, > although it's only a hazy memory. You're not the only one who remebers that video, though I can't, for the life of me, remeber the name of the band. I do seem to remember that the video took place in a scrap yard, or some place with lots of trash strewn around. Ring any bells? Alex ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 00:46:38 -0500 (CDT) From: Frankenberry Subject: Re: Goldstein, not Bernstein I awoke from a dream and had this stuck in my head: > Ben or Been here, correcting Ben or Been. > > Poncho and Pablo are Goldsteins, not Bernsteins. > > Anyone know 'em? > Ben or Been Not personally, but you'd better quit with the racial slurs, beeny, before the cops come after ya. santa's coming, guys. flee. frank ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-127 ******************************