Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 13 Saturday, 13 January 1996 Today's Topics: Re: She's An Angel Re: Hello. Hello. I don't know why they said goodbye when I called HELLO, ( CD Re: She's an angel Concert date info Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-12 Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-12 The art of pissin' Self Called Nowhere statue Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: john@msd.measurex.com (John Pletikapich) Subject: Re: She's An Angel Date: Fri, 12 Jan 96 9:28:41 EDT > The bit about the shriners is very TMBGish but I'm not sure if I > understand the part about throwing your body off a building. I dunno, > anyone know? It's probably an alusion to something I would understand if > I didn't live in a cave or something. Being your guardian angel, if you throw yourself off a building she'll catch you and save your life. -- john@msd.measurex.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 08:33:40 -0800 From: Bo Orloff Subject: Re: Hello. Hello. I don't know why they said goodbye when I called HELLO, ( CD At 9:31 PM 1/11/96, Psavage1@aol.com wrote: > Bo Orloff wrote: >> Marjorie Galen, who runs the business end of Hello, just gave birth to >> her second child last week (it's a girl, Ellie Beatrice Kitman, and >> both mom & baby are doing fine, in case anyone's wondering), so things >> are moving a little slower than usual around the Hello offices ... > Is that Kitman as in Jamie Lincoln Kitman, TMBG manager extraordinaire? Yep, Jamie is Marjorie's husband and Ellie's (& Ike's) dad. -- Bo Orloff ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:45:00 -0800 From: alveajo@ix.netcom.com (Jose Alvear) Subject: Re: She's an angel You wrote: > > ya, hey... >I was listening to the Pink Album (Blue Dog album, whatever) the other >day and I have now come to the conclusion that, hey, this thing is pretty >darn good and definately underated. I mean, with the possible exception >of the county-fied songs, this record is pretty amazing considering it >came out in the mid eighties, a time I think that was overall pretty >vapid and without much creative explosions of note. (that is, unless you >like "Devo") One song that particularly impressed me was "she's an >angel"; as far as quirky love songs go, it's pretty much the shiznit. <> (with large shears) I love "She's an angel"!! It's such a sweet song. Those early Linnell songs were really cool. Hey, I know this is off topic... But where the heck did the term "shiznit" come from? Should William Safire be notified? Should Pauly Shore know of this term? Later, Jose Alvear biteme at: http://pages.prodigy.com/NY/biteme/hikeeba.html ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 11:50:25 -0500 (CDT) From: Keith Hyman Subject: Concert date info Organization: Meharry Medical College Hi. Anybody know if/when They might be returning to Nashville, TN? If you have info, please respond to me privately. Thanks. ================================================================================ Keith Hyman |"Seems that when some innocent die, Nashville TN USA | All we can offer them is a page in some magazine, hymankk70@ccvax.mmc.edu| Too many cameras, and not enough food-- | 'Cause this is what we've seen."--The Police ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 14:14:45 -0500 (EST) From: Paul Sebold Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-12 > the giants have a habit of naming things after old movies...don't they? Yes, I'm waiting for their Planet of the Apes CD to come out any day now... > To whomever asked about the part in The Guitar before the 'Moo'... > I believe it's from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, with Bugs talking gibberish > really quickly. He doesn't actually SAY anything to my knowledge. And > as thew > apparent resident Warner Bros. expert, I would also like to point > out that the Skullhead in Where Your Eyes Don't Go could not be a ref to > Tiny Toons and Animaniacs... I don't think it was even in TT and Animaniacs > is only about 2 years old. Just to clear up some cartoon stuff that I really > shouldn't spend so much time knowing... :) Well, I did my last term paper on the history of Warner Brothers Cartoons (being a cartoon freak and all) and I must say that the good sir is correct here. Skullhead certainly outdates Tiny Toons in much the same way that many artifacts found in Minnesota outdate the arrival of Colombus (it all ties in somehow). In this respect, we must look beyond TT to find the answer... perhaps it's a reference to Castle Greyskell of He-Man action figure fame? No, I don't really beleive this, but it's just as credible as some of these ideas... > sadly thinking no one has called Dial-A-Song yet! get an 800 number. > "O Do Not Forsake Me"--Boyz II Men. It'll go straight to number One in > one night, of course. TMBG'll get more money then be able to make more > albums. Etc. I'm thinkin' maybe TLC for this one... they're even less likable to me, but the unthinking mass known as "the public" seems to like them. Perhaps Hudson Schad(sp?) could sing it... er... wait... > "She's Actual Size"--Leonard Nimoy. If you've ever heard Nimoy sing I think Lords of Acid could handle this, but it would probably have to take on a dirty connotation first... lord, ever look at their cd covers? > "Birdhouse in Your Soul"--The Presidents of the USA. They have enough > songs about little animals, so how 'bout one more. no, there can never be enoug songs about small furry animals. perhaps they could do "mammals" I'm thinkin maybe we could get TMBG on Regis and Cathy Lee.... Yes, I do realize that Cathy and Regis are pretty much morons, but the fact remains that it would be yet another appearance, and In NY to boot. so, does anyone know Regis personally or anything? :) SOn of gOD ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 13:42:06 -0600 From: Paul Leonard Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-12 >> To whomever asked about the part in The Guitar before the 'Moo'... >> I believe it's from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, with Bugs talking gibberish >> really quickly. He doesn't actually SAY anything to my knowledge. And >> as thew >> apparent resident Warner Bros. expert, I would also like to point >> out that the Skullhead in Where Your Eyes Don't Go could not be a ref to >> Tiny Toons and Animaniacs... I don't think it was even in TT and Animaniacs >> is only about 2 years old. Just to clear up some cartoon stuff that I really >> shouldn't spend so much time knowing... :) > >Well, I did my last term paper on the history of Warner Brothers Cartoons >(being a cartoon freak and all) and I must say that the good sir is >correct here. Skullhead certainly outdates Tiny Toons in much the same >way that many artifacts found in Minnesota outdate the arrival of >Colombus (it all ties in somehow). In this respect, we must look beyond >TT to find the answer... perhaps it's a reference to Castle Greyskell of >He-Man action figure fame? No, I don't really beleive this, but it's >just as credible as some of these ideas... actually, I believe the actual name "Skullhead," or "Mr. Skullhead" originated on TT -- I think it was Elmyra(sp?) who started it, in the episode where she was kidnapped. The hamster skull on her hair bow supplied the skull head for Mr. Skullhead. (god, why do I remember this crap?) sorry about the apparent lack of TMBG content, but it just had to be said. paul ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 02:01:19 GMT From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Subject: The art of pissin' >Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:35:08 +1200 >From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael Carr) >Subject: Jessicration II: She's been covered and now she's pissed off! Well, being pissed of is better than being pissed on. Depends what you're into really I suppose. ;) -- * JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk ************************************************** * * "Look at my face, turn it around, I'm the invisible man, * I'm the expletive deleted" -- "Expletive Deleted" - Swingin' Utters ------------------------------ Subject: Self Called Nowhere From: ryan.tinus@flipflop.org Date: Fri, 12 Jan 96 22:34:00 EST -0400 Organization: Flip Flop-Cleveland.OH.USA-216.951.9150 Hi! I am somewhat new to this newsgroup and was wondering if someone would be so kind as to explain "A Self Called Nowhere" the 14th (i think) song on the John Henry album. I would really appreciate it! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 20:38:27 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: statue This has really been bothering me. In the statue got me high, right after they sing "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh", or "Diiiiiiiiiiiiie", sometimes, mostly in the middle of the song i hear what sounds like a cartoon character saying "wait", or something like that. You can hear it if you listen really loud on your walkman. Am I going crazy? Hearing things that aren't there? Help me. Liam ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-13 *****************************