Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-132 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 132 Saturday, 11 May 1996 Today's Topics: Re: spiralling shape solo? New Thread!!! Re: New Thread!!! Re: New Thread!!! Hootie and THEM TMBG-friendly radio in Lincoln, NE!!!! wiris Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 08:09:07 -0700 From: John Lambert Subject: Re: spiralling shape solo? Nicole Carlson wrote: > Nicole's ideas for the Top Ten Threads: > 10) Let's pick a name for the girl on the cover of John Henry!jessica > 9) If Particle Man got together with Person Man, could they beat > Triangle Man?definately.... > 8) So where does Ana Ng live, anyway?i think somewhere in the indian ocean > 7) What other bands do you guys like?lots of them...don't go off topic like all this xtc crap > 6) Does water really spiral the wrong way out the sink?yes i believe that below the equator it does...mail me the details tho > [note: Nicole was in Paraguay last summer, and got the conclusive > answer to this. E-mail her for details. ana.ng@tmbg.org ] > Gee, I can't think of any more. You guys wanna help me out? First, > let me skip to the #1 thread:why? > 1) Are the Johns lactose-intolerant?i get the impression that at least one is > "I resemble only half the things I say I don't. > The other half resemble me." -- James Thurber > Visit Nicolopolis! http://www.hooked.net/users/nnicolejames thurber rocks! ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: New Thread!!! Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 07:47:30 -0500 (CDT) They Might be Giants and Kumquats!!!! Government Conspiracy???? Alien Visitations???? Supernatural Beings???? Communist Plot???? YOU decide!!!! -CJ, who's angsting more than a little over his two finals today.... Drawing on my fine command | CJ "Cyborg" Kucera -- St. Norbert College of language, I said nothing. | http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez - Mark Twain |~"~'~"'`"~"~"~"~"~~"`"`"`'`"~"`'~"`'~"~"~~"`"`"~ ...........................,.*' WOW: Modularity ------------------------------ Subject: Re: New Thread!!! Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 12:37:52 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Christopher J. Kucera: >They Might be Giants and Kumquats!!!! Not really; I don't think she reads the list anymore. I know I haven't seen anything from her in some time. -CB ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: New Thread!!! Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 13:32:09 -0500 (CDT) > >They Might be Giants and Kumquats!!!! > > Not really; I don't think she reads the list anymore. I know I > haven't seen anything from her in some time. What? Huh? I take it there was someone named Kumquat on the list in years past... Hmmmm...... Drawing on my fine command | CJ "Cyborg" Kucera -- St. Norbert College of language, I said nothing. | http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez - Mark Twain |~"~'~"'`"~"~"~"~"~~"`"`"`'`"~"`'~"`'~"~"~~"`"`"~ ...........................,.*' WOW: Modularity ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 19:27:33 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Hootie and THEM As I was listening to my local alternative rock station, I heard the announcement that Hootie would be in Dallas (20 minutes drive from me) on September 7 (or was it 17). Now, I've heard about this THEY and Hootie deal, but is it for real? Ticket's go on sale a week from today and I don't want to go buy a ticket just for Hootie. I only wanna hear THEM! I haven't been on in about a week, so I'm a little out of the subject, too.. Oh, and whats the status on t-shirts? *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( albatross@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 20:00:03 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG-friendly radio in Lincoln, NE!!!! Wow! My faith in local radio station 90.3 KRNU has been restored, as they have been getting very TMBG-friendly as of late. :) I know there are at least a couple of Nebraskans on here--you've gotta listen to KRNU, 'cause they've played three TMBG songs in the last 3 days! That's more than I've heard on the radio all year, I think! (Unfortunately, you have to live in Lincoln to get the signal--sorry Kylee :( ) Anyway, they played Lucky Ball and Chain two days ago. Then, I was listening to the news on this particular station last night, and guess what I hear as soon as it was over? None other than "MINIMUM WAGE! HEEYAHHH!!" And they played the whole song, too, rather than using it as background music. Then they followed that immediately with Birdhouse. I cranked it up and sang along very badly. It was great. :) And these two TMBG incidents occurred with different DJs, too. I think so, anyway. Now they just need to play something other than Flood, and I'll be a happy girl indeed. So Lincolnites, listen to KRNU. I'm likin' the turn this town is taking in terms of (now was that some bitchin' alliteration or what?? :) its TMBG-friendliness. There was the time a few weeks ago when I walked into a music store and they were playing TMBG (okay, it was Flood, but they were playing it really loudly, so that's cool :) , and now it appears that KRNU's got some Gianthead DJs.... :) --Tara, who is wondering if there are actually any other Lincolnites out there on the list now that school's out and everyone went home. :( *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * Tara Weber | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * Ondine@tmbg.org | tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ From: mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: wiris Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 01:35:17 -0400 (EDT) How many of you agree that the demo version of When it Rains it Snows is much cooler than the version on Lincoln? I think it totally rocks! Oh I finall yheared Carter USM today (I never knew they did that song Sheriff Fatman) Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |Judybats|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC "I'm not the only dust my mother raised." "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-132 ******************************