Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-150 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 150 Wednesday, 29 May 1996 Today's Topics: Re: Tour Dates Re: MTV Birdhouse, June 1, MTV Re: MTV Re: MTV Re: MTV tough question TMBG in St. Louis Re:Re: A lurkmeister emerges (Clear) Empty-V +OAT Re: T-Shirts color another one steps foward Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? Re: MTV Gutted... Totally gutted... I'm as sick as a footballer... Re: That festival thing and Dial-MTV Re: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? Re: Clear Re: MTV About translations Re: color tmbg on Q101 cage match still...24 nights in a row! Re: color Mono Puff mailing Re: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? Re: tmbg on Q101 cage match still...24 nights in a row! Why must I be sad? Re: T-Shirts I feel so DUMB... THANKS and QUESTIONS I am back Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 28 May 96 07:33:23 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: Re: Tour Dates --- It was written: > > They Might Be Giants: > > Aug 16 Washington DC > > Aug 17 PointFest in St. Louis > Whoo hoo! TMBG continue their every-2-months-a-show thing with this August > show and of course the June 7 Fairfax fair show! Yow and a Mono Puff date > in between, when will it end? (never hopefully) > Matt Why won't They play buffalo? They were here a couple years ago, but I couldn't go... Speaking of concerts, I saw Barenaked Ladies today, it was pretty cool, I got all their autographs and spoke to 'em for a bit... --- end of quoted material --- You talk about them never coming back to some places? How 'bout Hanover NH? they were here once for their apollo 18 tour and have never come back. I have never seen a tmbg concert! I was out of town during the last one. For gods sakes guys hear my screams! COME BACK TO HANOVER! ------------------------------ Date: 28 May 96 07:34:44 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: Re: MTV --- You wrote: WHOA! Glad so many people liked the dial mtv idea. Why dont we do it THIS friday seeing as next friday there is a TMBG concert I am planning on going to! HA!!! :) --Tim --- end of quoted material --- We are doing it June 1-3. thank you. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 96 09:03 PDT From: chrisf@iceonline.com (Chris Foley) Subject: Birdhouse, June 1, MTV So we're all going to call 1-800-DIAL-MTV on June 1 and request Birdhouse in Your Soul, reet? Cool. Don't forget to spread this to any suitably hip newsgroups/mailing lists you know of that dig TMBG. I'll be posting to alt.drunken.bastards meself. -- Chris Foley (chrisf@iceonline.com) DNRC POPE OF CAPITAL LETTERS, HPK ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 11:07:34 -0500 (CDT) From: Little Woman From Another Place <00083933@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: MTV I don't watch MTV much anymore (understandably so), so I'm not sure about this, but I think the call-in for the countdown used to always be on weekdays only. June 1st is a Saturday; we might have to pick another day. Can anyone check into this? I also know that their results are also based on sales of singles and other such things as well as viewer requests... But, hey, it's worth a try! (I've never been able to get ahold of any of Their videos at all except for the video clips at the Elektra site. So I'm willing to try anything to actually get to see an entire TMBG video.) BTW, my family's got 5 birdfeeders in our backyard, and none of our neighbors do, and the birds are just taking over our home, literally... During dinner last night we had 27 gold finches in our backyard (that I could count, but I know there were several sitting on the roofand in the trees, too...) Anyway, yesterday morning, there were all these birds in the backyard, and then I looked out the front door, and there was a bird sitting on top of our mailbox! Instantly, between the mailbox and the little bird, is it any surprise that I got "Letterbox" stuck in my head?? =) =) Kylee * The thoughts and Unrelated Things herein are not mine; they belong to My Evil Twin. Complaints should be directed to the Hall of Heads. """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ) ( \ ) | Kylee Dickey: 5'3" : I'm the LWFAP! | / ) ) ( | 00083933@bigred.unl.edu | ( ( ( ) | she.is.actual.size@tmbg.org | ______________________ """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ` '__ | "If you say drink coffee, I'll drink | \ TWIN PEAKS / \ | coffee." --Agent Cooper | \ SHERIFF'S DEPT / ] """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" l _l___/ \__ __/ I have too much blood in my caffeine system! /_________\ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 96 12:06 EDT From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: MTV i just wanted to drop in a note of caution here. i remember, back in the 80's, when DIAL-MTV started up, Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" video was voted number one every day for like the first 6 months. MTV got fed up with this, and amended the rules to something like, only recently released videos are eligible for DIAL-MTV. i don't know if this still holds true, but don't blame me if you crazy kids go get your hearts broken. :) -j.l. the spiralling shape will make you go insane... ------------------------------ Subject: Re: MTV Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 11:35:24 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of tim.clark@rma.edu: >I think one day we should all get together and get like everyone we know who's >a TMBG fan and call up MTV when they have one of those top 20 things and >request Birdhouse or The Statue Got Me High or something like that...they'd be >freaked out when it came in as the #1 song! hehehe YES! Sorry just a dream of >mine. :) Been there. Tried that. Failed miserably.* (Probably due to the misunderstanding that MTV will play stuff that is not currently Top 40.) On the other paw, it's entirely possible that VH-1 might be amenable to such a strategy. I don't know of any call-in countdowns or the like there, but it might be an avenue worth investigating. ============================================ Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu Chris Bongaarts My opinions are my own, http://umn.edu/~cab Univ. of Minnesota and they are right. CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) GCS d-- s+:+ a22 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N+ o+ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.12] *I'm running on 2 hours of sleep. Don't take my crankiness personally. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 13:49:42 -0400 From: marcus@coastalnet.com (House of Brian and David) Subject: tough question This is a pretty esoteric and inane question, but it's been rattling around my head, so I thought I might see if anyone has any insight; On the the first page of the Principia Discordia is a poem that says "A loaf of bread a jug of wine and Thou! Lying beside me whistling in the darkness" I don't know who wrote this poem, but I know it is very similar to a part of Omar Khayaam's Rubaiyat (only it says "singing in the wilderness"). Did tmbg get their line from this poem, or did whoever wrote it blend the tmbg song and the Khayaam poem, or is it merely coincidence, or what? What is going on here?!? Any help would be appreciated. ################################################ # Come on red wheelbarrow, ________ # # So much depends upon you! \____/ # # O \ # ################################################ Marcus@coastalnet.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 14:19:38 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG in St. Louis TMBG in St. Louis???? WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!! St. Louis is, well, kinda close to here. It's close enough for me, anyway! :) Rejoice, TMBG-lovin' Midwesterners!!! :) Does anyone else know anything more about this show? All I know is what it said on the tmbg.com website. If anyone knows more, I'd be much obliged if you'd pass that info on. Maybe it's too early yet. You'll have to excuse me, I'm very giddy about this. :) I'm sure there's other stuff I was gonna respond to, but I've just got done reading several days worth of digests 'cause I was in Colorado for the weekend, watching the rain fall down without my help and thus being prevented from hiking without my consent. :( --Tara, now the proud owner of her very own Istanbul single, thanks to Matt James. :) *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * Tara Weber | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * Ondine@tmbg.org | tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:44:43 -0400 (EDT) From: The Vonnegut Vassal Subject: Re:Re: A lurkmeister emerges (Clear) > Color is weird. White is not the absense of color (black is), but a > combination of all colors. Most lights produce a spectrum of the colors, > which combine and we see white. When there is no light, we see black. ok, i just want to point out one thing i seem to remember from my academic travels... the view of black and white is different depending on whether it is looked at from a physicist's stanpoint or an artist's. i am trying to remember which is which... i think the artist's view is that white is the absence, and black is the combination, because when it comes to mixing pigments, all of them togethere make a black...(or a pseudo-brown gross mixture if the proportions arent equal...?)...whereas from the physicist's standpoint, it is the other way around...black is the absence becasue t swallows up light... ok, so i'm not an expert, but i seem to remmeber this... sory if it's olkd news, but i just finished reading about 60 messages..! love you all, sorry for the lack of TMBG content... oh, i am going to fairfax, too! we can all find one another, hopefully i'll be with matt james, and some of you already know what he looks like! see some of you there!! --fran, AKA the Vonnegut Vassal ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:43:49 -0400 Subject: Empty-V +OAT Since it's been brought up that maybe you need to request newly released material why don't we just wait till the Monopuff single comes out and request the hell out of that? also, as for the rules for Dial-Empty-V, I can dig out what the people from Caroline Records said about requesting Uncle Walter on the BF5 list, if people want me to... a spooky man named me somebody wrote "FREAK" in really big letters in my yearbook, I feel swell now... ------------------------------ From: MonoPuff@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:52:56 -0400 Subject: Re: T-Shirts I am still planning on getting the shirts made if a design is finalized. Tom? Any designs get voted on yet? Mike If you are interested, respond to Hotel_Detective@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 13:35:34 -0700 (PDT) From: Liam Singer Subject: color Ok, I just studied this stuff in science, so I am right. The spectrum of colors consists of Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet. All of these colors combined show white. This means that a white sheet of paper is reflecting all of these colors (ROYGBIV). Black is the absence of color. A black sheet of paper is reflecting no light. Now we can stop talking about it. Liam. ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 17:05:57 -0400 Subject: another one steps foward With all the new people surfacing, I thought I'd show my face for once. My name is Jamal, and I'm a Gianthead (Hi, Jamal!) As for my first TMBG experiece, it was 4 years ago. I was at Dickinson College in PA for the CTY summer program, and for the whole time I was there, one of my floormates kept yelling, "Minimum Wage! Kee-yah!" I asked him what it meant, he lent me flood, and the rest is history I would like to try this weird experiment. Any of you out there who speaks a foriegn language fluently, I would be grateful if you would mail me translations of "They Might Be Giants." I have this cool idea! P.S.-Ever notice that if you add an "O" and a "U" to TMBG, you get "TOMBUG" ? Just an observation. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Jamal Rogers | "They are giants, and if you are afraid, a.k.a. Mr. Horrible | go away and say your prayers."-Don Quixote mrhorrible@tmbg.org | jam@tmbg.org | The Johns are swell, Drayco@aol.com | both Flansburgh and Linnell ------------------------------ From: Chriss Bliss Subject: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? Date: Tue, 28 May 96 22:12:41 GMT Hi, I guess that this is a silly question. But why don't we all get together and talk in realtime using Internet Relay Chat (IRC). All the software can be found on the net, just download it and /join #TMBG. We will have to deside on a time to meet (in GMT as well as EST). Chriss @:-) (bliss@dial.pipex.com) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 16:50:36 -0500 From: Andrew W Puckett Subject: Re: MTV tim.clark@rma.edu wrote: >I think one day we should all get together and get like everyone we know who's >a TMBG fan and call up MTV when they have one of those top 20 things and >request Birdhouse or The Statue Got Me High or something like that...they'd be >freaked out when it came in as the #1 song! hehehe YES! Sorry just a dream of >mine. :) I heard that it has been tried before, but who's to say that they didn't just screw it up?! I think it's a damn good idea, but we'd have to organize a MASSIVE call-in campaign. I have no idea how many people call in a day, but it could be ENORMOUS. I think it needs more planning than "this friday" or "June 3rd" or whatever...plan this thing, spread the word, or we'll just cock it up. Otherwise, let's do it! andy PUCKett puck@apci.net ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 23:05:23 +0100 From: joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) Subject: Gutted... Totally gutted... I'm as sick as a footballer... This is has "perceived" TMBG content. Dateline: Tuesday. Any Tuesday. Take your pick... What I do: Stop off at my none-too-friendly HMV shop to pick up the weekly "music" papers, So - I sits me down. And I open up the Melody Maker. And there on page 4, the headline screams out at me: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS Needless to say - I could have done flik-flacks across the room.... News!!!! Of TMBG!!!! Could this be????!? A UK tour????!? I scanned the article. Mention of Pearl Jam. Confused. Read the article.... NO MENTION OF THE MIGHT THEY.... It's a con!! I... I... I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let down (well - someone took the stopper out) :( MM - You are so cruel. I'm off. (that's what the smell is). I'm gonna go watch Prince Of Darkness. And stuff myself full of those delicious Safeway chocolate ecclairs. Hell - I might even go play Leisure Suit Larry I, II, III, V & VI too. In succession. Oh woe is me..... Joe (who's pretty disappointed with Spiralling Shape - tho' I suspect (APU) that it'll grow on me). ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 18:39:41 -0400 (EDT) From: Particle Man Subject: Re: That festival thing and Dial-MTV >Of course, They made up for the hideousness >tenfold...I also dug Toad the Wet Sprocket. ...I'm just distressed about the fact that Toad and TMBG once played a concert together, and I didn't get to see it......What's the chance of that ever happening again?...... Also, can someone who knows about the DIAL-MTV thing tell us /all/ about it? I.e. when's it on, what's it's "purpose", how long is it, how often is it on, when should you call, etc. Preferably all in one post. :) This way we can figure out exactly what we have to do. ///////////////////////////////Joshua Hall-Bachner////////////////////////////// / particle@servtech.com / / "I spend too much time raiding windmills, We go side by side, laugh until / / it's right. There's something that you won't show, waiting where the light / / goes. And maybe anywhere the wind blows, it's all worth waiting for." / //////////////////////////////////-- Toad The Wet Sprocket,"Windmills"////////// ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 19:28:49 -0400 (EDT) From: "Adam P. Fistler" Subject: Re: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? They do, its at 21:00 est on Wednesdays(?) on Efnet (I think but it may be Undernet I'm not sure). On Tue, 28 May 1996, Chriss Bliss wrote: > Hi, > I guess that this is a silly question. But why don't we all get > together and talk in realtime using Internet Relay Chat (IRC). All > the software can be found on the net, just download it and /join > #TMBG. We will have to deside on a time to meet (in GMT as well as > EST). > > > Chriss @:-) > (bliss@dial.pipex.com) > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 17:14:22 -0700 From: rclark@nccn.net (Ryan Clark) Subject: Re: Clear >Actually, white LIGHT is a combination of all colours of LIGHT. The same >way that the primary colours of light are Red, blue and green, while in >paints, or other stuff, the primary colours are red yellow and blue. If you >mixed all your paints together you'd just get a mucky sort of brown, not >white. If you mixed Red, Blue and Green light it would be white. No, because if yellow and blue makes green and you mixed red, blue and yellow it would be the same mucky color as if you mixed red, blue, and green. The yellow would still be there from the green which is blue and yellow. Now i am very sure of this, Ryan Clark rclark@nccn.net rclark@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 20:20:19 -0400 Subject: Re: MTV In a message dated 96-05-28 17:54:32 EDT, puck@apci.net (Andrew W Puckett) writes: > >I heard that it has been tried before, but who's to say that they didn't >just screw it up?! I think it's a damn good idea, but we'd have to organize >a MASSIVE call-in campaign. I have no idea how many people call in a day, >but it could be ENORMOUS. I think it needs more planning than "this friday" >or "June 3rd" or whatever...plan this thing, spread the word, or we'll just >cock it up. Otherwise, let's do it! > As soon as we decide what we're gonna do I'm gonna go bug the heck out of the newsgroup, but as I was just saying, we've got to wait for the MONOPUFF SINGLE'S VIDEO!!! After digging through back issues of the BF5 digest and looking at issue #83, I found these directions to requesting videos on Empty-V: > [When you call the 212- number for MTV, you get a menu tree that > allows you to register a comment (press 1, then 1) or to request a > specific video (press 1, then 5), but that selection tells you that to > request a video, call 800-DIAL-MTV at 5:30 PM Eastern. I recorded a > comment anyway, and plan to call the 800 number later. -fjm] the list admin. over there wrote that... a spooky man named me ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 21:05:05 -0400 Subject: About translations not to long ago(four hours ago, actually), I had asked people to send me translations of "They Might Be Giants." Those of you who sent me song translations, thanks, but what I really meant was translations of the actual words:They Might Be Giants(the band name not the lyrics) much obliged, Jamal Rogers mrhorrible@tmbg.org jam@tmbg.org Drayco@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: mdukelan@wyoming.com Subject: Re: color Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 19:17:57 -0600 >Ok, I just studied this stuff in science, so I am right. >The spectrum of colors consists of >Red >Orange >Yellow >Green >Blue >Indigo >Violet. >All of these colors combined show white. This means that a white sheet of >paper is reflecting all of these colors (ROYGBIV). Black is the absence of >color. A black sheet of paper is reflecting no light. OOOOOPPPSS! Hate to spoil your soup, but you have one minor mistake here, I didn't just study this in science, but White _Absorbs_ no colors, whereas Black absorbs all colors...blue, on the other hand absorbs all colors but blue and so forth... Some colors are hotter than others, i.e. Black is hotter than White, that's why when you wear a black T-shirt on a hot day, you are warmer than the person standing next to you in White. That's on materials, in air, you have various particles absorbing or reflecting their individual colors...light is not actually visible-you don't see the broken-up light coming out of a prism, you see it when it hits something else. -Rabid Child (P.S. I can't quite remember, but I beleive one of those colors is actually left out of the real color spectrum, perhaps it's indigo...) (P.P.S. (Ryan-) if Y + B = G; and you mix R + B + Y; you get more blue in the equation than the others ((Y + B = G)+ R + B isnot= to R + B + G)) (P.M.S. look out for it.) ** * * * * * * * * * * * Send vibes to: Rabid_Child@tmbg.org * No other Rabid Child is quite like this...RaAAAH! Rabid Child! * Always faithful, Always helpful, Always salivating... * * * * * * * * * * * ** ------------------------------ From: DietrichEH@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 21:39:37 -0400 Subject: tmbg on Q101 cage match still...24 nights in a row! you guys... tmbg's "spiralling shape" is on the Q101 (WKQX -- Chicago)'s cage match (sort of a battle of the bands...) again... champs for 24 nights in a row! tonite will be #25 cuz emprial teen(?) (their challenger) sux!!! :-) call Q101 @ (312) 591-8300 before 9:30 pm / central to vote! way to go tmbg!!! :-) >>---->Dietrich ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 21:56:26 -0400 From: marcus@coastalnet.com (House of Brian and David) Subject: Re: color >From: marcus@coastalnet.com (House of Brian and David) >Subject: Re: color >>>All of these colors combined show white. This means that a white sheet of >>>paper is reflecting all of these colors (ROYGBIV). Black is the absence of >>>color. A black sheet of paper is reflecting no light. >> >>OOOOOPPPSS! Hate to spoil your soup, but you have one minor mistake here, I >>didn't just study this in science, but White _Absorbs_ no colors, whereas >>Black absorbs all colors...blue, on the other hand absorbs all colors but >>blue and so forth... >>Some colors are hotter than others, i.e. Black is hotter than White, that's >>why when you wear a black T-shirt on a hot day, you are warmer than the >>person standing next to you in White. I'm really kicking myself in the head for joining this thread, but you two are saying the same thing. The colors you see are the colors a object is reflecting. Black reflects no light; it absorbs all of it; and therefore all of the heat as well. That's why you are hotter in black. I think it's time for this debate to die. Clear is not a color. It is neither reflecting nor absorbing any color. It's not even thinking about color. If color came and knocked on it's door, clear would have nothing to say to it. It might just beat the hell out of it for wasting it's valuable clearing time. Na Klar? Sorry for being a bitch. Blame my evil twin. ################################################ # Come on red wheelbarrow, ________ # # So much depends upon you! \____/ # # O \ # ################################################ Marcus@coastalnet.com ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 22:12:48 -0400 Subject: Mono Puff mailing Hiya. I can't remember who asked the question about when the Mono Puff album would be sent out, but I don't think it was answered... If it was, please forgive me if I repeat. The Mono Puff album will be sent out to Hello Clubbers _tomorrow morning_. I've been informed that they are all stamped and ready to go. Love, Brooks ------------------------------ From: DietrichEH@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 22:16:10 -0400 Subject: Re: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? Re: >Subj: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? >Date: Tue, 28 May, 1996 17:15 EDT >From: gf90@dial.pipex.com >X-From: gf90@dial.pipex.com (Chriss Bliss) >Hi, >I guess that this is a silly question. But why don't we all get >together and talk in realtime using Internet Relay Chat (IRC). All >the software can be found on the net, just download it and /join >#TMBG. We will have to deside on a time to meet (in GMT as well as >EST). > > > Chriss @:-) > (bliss@dial.pipex.com) great idea... ...I am newto the tmbg list... and i was out of town for the memorial day weekend... ...and i came back to a stuffed e-mail box!! :-( >>---->Dietrich ------------------------------ From: DietrichEH@aol.com Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 22:34:25 -0400 Subject: Re: tmbg on Q101 cage match still...24 nights in a row! update! update! update! THE B I G * 2 5 * !! ! ! ! ! TMBG has won the Q101 cage match 25 times over and over and over again! :-) the next cage match will be tommorow between 8:30 and 9:30 pm /central call them at (312) 591-8300 and vote for them! (and tommorow it's vs. Liz Phair) >>---->Dietrich ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 22:48:31 -0400 From: marcus@coastalnet.com (House of Brian and David) Subject: Why must I be sad? I'm sure ya'll know about Why Must I Be Sad being about an Alice Cooper fan. Anywho... I had a friend named Jeremy who was a EXTREME Alice fan and whenever he got drunk, he would inevitably begin preaching about how no one understood him except for Alice. Here comes the incredible part. Without ever having heard the tmbg song, he drew a picture of himself writing messages to Alice in a spiral notebook! I couldn't really listen to Alice myself, but I can only conclude that either tmbg are die hard Alice fans or have had a pretty close relationship with one. They're insight is just too keen. ################################################ # Come on red wheelbarrow, ________ # # So much depends upon you! \____/ # # O \ # ################################################ Marcus@coastalnet.com ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: T-Shirts Date: Tue, 28 May 96 22:57:03 18000 > > I am still planning on getting the shirts made if a design is finalized. > Tom? Any designs get voted on yet? > > Mike > If you are interested, respond to Hotel_Detective@tmbg.org > Well.... the only design which was able to be voted on was my own.... and it received all good and "loved it" votes, except for two "so-so" or "don't like it" votes. But 2 out of 25 or so isn't bad. So I guess people like it. My apologies to people who did send designs.... but I'm afraid I can't spend the time to fill in where you had "Put really kewl image here" or "put nifty slogan here"... that was why I asked YOU to design it, for YOUR ideas... Again, sorry, I'm not trying to be a bitch about it. Sooooo.. . . . unless another conflicting (completed!) design gets submitted. . . .The one I have is final. In review, it looks like so: Front: I took off the intellectuals. . . (Lady on phone) (Corny 50's pic) And put on There May Be Giants. Back: (Two tickets claiming the following:) Date/Time: 25 HOURS A DAY, 6 DAYS A WEEK The World's Address They Might Be Giants Mailing List LOCATION: www.tmbg.org or tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org It's really pretty nifty, in my own opinion... feel free to check it out visually on http://www.godby.leon.k12.fl.us/~thare/tmbg.html (sigh) The end! -Tom I guess (Phew) -- *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - Now Running the TMBG Omelette (Official Mailing List Tshirt) voting process... send designs and ideas to me! EMAIL: smeaj@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu For ideas (slogans, etc) and voting WWW: http://www.godby.leon.k12.fl.us/~thare/tmbg.html For seeing and voting on the design submissions. tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: Chris_Moesel@onf.com (Chris Moesel) Subject: I feel so DUMB... Date: 29 May 1996 04:09:31 GMT Organization: Falmouth BBS, Falmouth, Maine Okay, I'm new here, and I feel like just a wannabe-fan 'cause I'm asking this, but... What is "Spiralling Shape"? A new TMBG's song? A few more questions: When's the next disc coming out (what is it called?, etc....)? Where's the homepage (and other cool tmbg homepages)? Who is Monopuff, and where can I get something from them? Thanx. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 13:50:28 +1100 From: fass256@ariel.macarthur.uws.EDU.AU (joe giunta) Subject: THANKS and QUESTIONS Hell again, this is Joe from OZ. Firstly, let me say sorry it took so long to get back to those who wrote, I couldn't get to the computer for a few days. Anyway, thanks to those who responded. In answer to your questions : Jeremy Leung... Sorry, I don't have any TMBG shirts, but I'll be on the llok out for the single you mentioned. Please send me your e-mail address, hte one from your leeter dosen't work Michael Cairns... I tried to send you an answer, but my machine wouldn't accept your address. Cairns was named after William Wellington Cairns. (Governer of Queensland 1875-77) His ancestry is from Ireland, I hope that helps. Please send me your e-mail address, the one from your letter dosen't work. Ruprecht... The water spirals clock-wise down under. Thanks for the details on the new band lineup. I think your address work, see if you got my mail. As for the debate about clear being a colour or existing. It does exist, think of zero. It has no value (not an object or a subject, but it does exist) By the way, White and Black are technically not colours, they are bases. (guess who did art in high school??) This is in response to Ryans letter. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 02:38:13 -0400 (EDT) From: Filthy scarecrow Subject: I am back Hey everybody! It's Mike here back from forced exile after my E-mail system shut down for over a week and a half. Pissed me off but things seem to be working again. I have missed you all. For those of you who e-mailed me personally about anything, I'll get back to you as soon as possible, now that I can. It has been a long hard road. Also, I just got my Flans-autographed TMBG picture framed, it looks nice. (He signed it in Toronto in April 1992). On this whole Flans issue, I know it was 4 years ago but he was really nice to me. Agreed to sign the picture and a shirt, turned me around to put the shirt on my back and sign it, and chatted with me. Maybe times have changed...he never came out after any of the concerts I've seen since then. Oh well. Who cares? Well, glad to be back. Thanks, Michael michael motorcycle ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-150 ******************************