Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-151 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 151 Thursday, 30 May 1996 Today's Topics: color-coating HELP Me, TMBG fans... Re: HELP Me, TMBG fans... TMBG in DC Re: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? Silly color thingy Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-150 what's going on? Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-150 Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-150 King M. MONOPUFF & T-Shirts Re: T-Shirts Re: King M. Re: MONOPUFF & T-Shirts Re: King M. Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 21:02:30 -0500 (CDT) From: "Rick C. Petty" Subject: color-coating On Tue, 28 May 1996, Ryan Clark wrote: > No, because if yellow and blue makes green and you mixed red, blue and Not in light. Yellow is the combination of green and red (don't blame me-- I didn't create it)... > yellow it would be the same mucky color as if you mixed red, blue, and > green. The yellow would still be there from the green which is blue and > yellow. > Now i am very sure of this, In paint, yes, but not in light. These are two different topics. --Rick C. Petty, aka Snoopy

I hate Netscape! _______________________________________________________________________ SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/ pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 22:26:00 -0400 From: "Crabtree, Sheryl" Subject: HELP Me, TMBG fans... Can you help a fellow TMBG fan from Chapel Hill, North Carolina? I found on PollStar that They would be playing at the WHFS Stage in Fairfax, VA on June 7. I tried Directory Assistance, the Chamber of Commerce, the Arts Council, and WHFS Radio Station to no avail... WHFS Radio told me that the 9:30 Club was where they were appearing... the 9:30 Club says, hey, that was last month... yet I read today from my tmbg-list messages that several of you plan to go... Mooseician... tim.clark... matthew james... David A. Meyerson... fran, AKA the Vonnegut Vassal Can anyone tell me where the concert is? Thanks so much for your help! My e-mail address is shecra@ashastd.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 13:36:46 -0400 (EDT) From: John Murray Subject: Re: HELP Me, TMBG fans... I am CC this to the list so that everybody can have this info. >Can anyone tell me where the concert is? Thanks so much for your help! My >e-mail address is shecra@ashastd.org This concert is at the Fairfax County Fair, in Fairfax, VA(a suburb of Washington DC). For info on the fair vist their web site at http://www.ffxfair.org/events/. Parking for the fair is at two locations, Fair Oaks Mall and Fair Lakes Circle(I don't know where the parking at this location is, as it is a street with a lot of office buldings on it). But I will provide directions to the mall. I assume you can get to the capitial beltway and get going the right direction to get to I-66. Once you get to I-66 you want to go west. And get off at exit 57B Route 50 West (Fair Oaks, Wincester) and go up the ramp to the mall. IF you are coming on I-66 west of Fairfax(Manassas, Front Royal, I-81) you can just get of at exit 57B Route 50 west and go up the mall ramp. Once you get to the mall you will have to drive arround to find the schuddle to the fair is. Hope this helps and hope to see plenty of you there! -John Murray jmurray@vt.edu ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 13:59:04 -0400 (EDT) From: Groove Child Subject: TMBG in DC Does anyone know exactly where They Might Be Giants are playing in DC on August 16th? *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-Nola H. Weaver, Groove Child-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- Why the dancing, shouting? Why the shrieks of pain? nola@tmbg.org The lovely music groovechild@tmbg.org Why the smell of burning autumn leaves? ---TMBG ***************************************************************************** ------------------------------ From: Chriss Bliss Subject: Re: Why not talk Realtime (IRC)? Date: Wed, 29 May 96 18:59:29 GMT >> On Tue, 28 May 1996, Chriss Bliss wrote: >> >> > Hi, >> > I guess that this is a silly question. But why don't we all get >> > together and talk in realtime using Internet Relay Chat (IRC). All >> > the software can be found on the net, just download it and /join >> > #TMBG. We will have to deside on a time to meet (in GMT as well as >> > EST). >> They do, its at 21:00 est on Wednesdays(?) on Efnet (I think but it may be >> Undernet I'm not sure). >> Great! But what time is that in GMT for the benefit of us UK TMBG fans? There is a registered IRC channel on the Undernet, I visited it last night at 11:00 GMT and there were 2 people there. Chriss @:-) (bliss@dial.pipex.com) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 15:17:21 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Silly color thingy I think it's time for the color thread to stop, so here's some semi-definitive information: http://village.infoweb.or.jp/~fwbc1632/REIKO4.HTML Nice illustrations, anyway. -- http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp://ftp.dragonfire.net/users/jchaffer/ "The spiralling shape will make you go insane But everyone wants to see that groovy thing." -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 17:19:46 -0400 (EDT) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-150 >The Mono Puff album will be sent out to Hello Clubbers _tomorrow morning_. >I've been informed that they are all stamped and ready to go. So did we ever determine whether this album was "Unsupervised," or another, different album? If it's different, that'll mean I'll have to find someone to make a tape for me... ///////////////////////////////Joshua Hall-Bachner////////////////////////////// / particle@servtech.com / / "I spend too much time raiding windmills, We go side by side, laugh until / / it's right. There's something that you won't show, waiting where the light / / goes. And maybe anywhere the wind blows, it's all worth waiting for." / //////////////////////////////////-- Toad The Wet Sprocket,"Windmills"////////// ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 20:24:36 -0400 (EDT) From: Sarah Kunz Subject: what's going on? hey everybody! I was trying to forward my mail to a new address, but the new program I'm using is really fucked up or something so I lost all messages from yesterday. did I miss anything big? Is June 1 official for the call-in even though it's a Saturday? Anything else an extremely bewildered sarah chinadoll@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 18:12:18 -0700 From: rclark@nccn.net (Ryan Clark) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-150 >From: Tom Hare >Subject: Re: T-Shirts >Date: Tue, 28 May 96 22:57:03 18000 > >> >> I am still planning on getting the shirts made if a design is finalized. >> Tom? Any designs get voted on yet? >> >> Mike >> If you are interested, respond to Hotel_Detective@tmbg.org >> > > Well.... the only design which was able to be voted on was my >own.... and it received all good and "loved it" votes, except for two >"so-so" or "don't like it" votes. But 2 out of 25 or so isn't bad. >So I guess people like it. > My apologies to people who did send designs.... but I'm afraid >I can't spend the time to fill in where you had "Put really kewl image >here" or "put nifty slogan here"... that was why I asked YOU to >design it, for YOUR ideas... Again, sorry, I'm not trying to be a >bitch about it. > Sooooo.. . . . unless another conflicting (completed!) design >gets submitted. . . .The one I have is final. > In review, it looks like so: > > Front: > > I took off the intellectuals. . . > > (Lady on phone) > (Corny 50's pic) > > And put on There May Be Giants. Could someone explain the phrase "I took off the intellectuals... And put on There May be Giants." to me? I don't get this. Is it supposed to be funny or mean something? Sorry but it doesn't make any sense. Sorry to be a pain, Ryan Clark rclark@nccn.net rclark@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-150 Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 20:24:59 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Ryan Clark: >Could someone explain the phrase "I took off the intellectuals... And put >on There May be Giants." to me? I don't get this. Is it supposed to be >funny or mean something? Sorry but it doesn't make any sense. Gloria blurts this famous line in the tape-recorded telephone conversation that appears as Track 13 on Miscellaneous T. (Though I have always heard Tom's "And" as "I". Doesn't make much of a difference for interpretive purposes either way.) ============================================ Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu Chris Bongaarts My opinions are my own, http://umn.edu/~cab Univ. of Minnesota and they are right. CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) GCS d-- s+:+ a22 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N+ o+ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.12] ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: King M. Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 22:45:51 -0400 (EDT) Heyas, As some spoke of King Missile on this list, I decided to check out one of their older albums, so I got this album called Mystical S**t (which turned out to be two albums in one Mystical S**t and Fluting on the Hump from 1990 and 1987 respectively) and it turned out to be 26 songs for $7! Well they have some darn funny songs on there, Cheesecake Truck, The Sandbox, Jesus Was Way Cool, Gary & Melissa, all wacky! Also on the bird issue, I went to this golf course and there were geese everywhere and a raven, little gooselings, and a wild red Canadian killer Mongoose but no wild East Somalian Yak Yaks (thank God!) Um but on a TMBG note, my friend says there is another 3" TMBG single at the Soundgarden downtown. I have yet to go there but I am going to stop by tomorrow and see what it is. He, not being the huge fan, did not know which one it was, hopefully it's Hotel Detective, or Don't Let's Start, or one of them older singles! Or maybe the Statue Got Me High, did that come out in a 3" single? We also watch the Video Compilation two nights ago and we were both practicing the Ana Ng dance, he loved it, it rocked. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 15:17:25 +1200 From: blue.canary@tmbg.org (Sam Pearson) Subject: MONOPUFF & T-Shirts On Tue 28 May '96 Brooksie2@aol.com wrote: >Subject: Mono Puff mailing >Hiya. >The Mono Puff album will be sent out to Hello Clubbers _tomorrow morning_. >I've been informed that they are all stamped and ready to go. !!!!!! Need I say more! :-) Today is Thursday (to those where it's still wed, don't get up on thurs as it is cold and rainy :( ), so in a coupla days..... Then Tom Hare wrote: >t-shirt design > > Back: > > (Two tickets claiming the following:) > Date/Time: 25 HOURS A DAY, 6 DAYS A WEEK > > The World's Address > They Might Be Giants Mailing List Can anyone tell me why it only says "6 DAYS A WEEK"? Is this some in-joke thing that I am out of? Is there a new TMBG song called *6 days* or something? Help? Sam. *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjp6@waikato.ac.nz blue.canary@tmbg.org sjp6@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 23:20:37 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: T-Shirts > Back: > > (Two tickets claiming the following:) > Date/Time: 25 HOURS A DAY, 6 DAYS A WEEK > > The World's Address > They Might Be Giants Mailing List > > LOCATION: www.tmbg.org or > tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org > I suggest the following changes: Make it like a real ticket, date/time/location/seats/etc Date: 24/7 365 days/yr (or something like that) Time: Whenever you're online Location: tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org Cost: Free when you net from work (stolen from SOMEBODY on the list, but whoever it is, take credit.) Seats: Row 1, Seat 1 (we're always right ther, right?) I'll try and get a draft in a day or 2 *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( albatross@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 23:25:56 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: King M. > Cheesecake Truck, The Sandbox, Jesus Was Way Cool, Gary & Melissa, all wacky! Love that Jesus was way cool and gary & melissa...that's an awesome album and an qwesome price! *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( albatross@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu )*=- ------------------------------ Subject: Re: MONOPUFF & T-Shirts Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 23:34:09 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Sam Pearson: >> Date/Time: 25 HOURS A DAY, 6 DAYS A WEEK > >Can anyone tell me why it only says "6 DAYS A WEEK"? >Is this some in-joke thing that I am out of? >Is there a new TMBG song called *6 days* or something? This is a snippet from an ancient Dial-a-Song intro from Flans. It can be heard at the very beginning of the Power of Dial-A-Song collection distributed a while ago here on the list/digest. -CB, whose less-short sig has already graced the list once today. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 01:41:37 -0400 (EDT) From: Filthy scarecrow Subject: Re: King M. On Wed, 29 May 1996, Matthew James wrote: > Heyas, > As some spoke of King Missile on this list, I decided to check out one of > their older albums, so I got this album called Mystical S**t (which turned out > to be two albums in one Mystical S**t and Fluting on the Hump from 1990 and 1987 respectively) > and it turned out to be 26 songs for $7! Well they have some darn funny songs on there, > Cheesecake Truck, The Sandbox, Jesus Was Way Cool, Gary & Melissa, all wacky! Yes yes yes King Missile, amazing! 1991's The Way To Salvation is what I call an essential rock album. Thanks Matt for giving them a shot. I'm lucky enough to correspond with KM vocalist/songwriter John S. Hall, one really nice guy. They are no more, sadly, but get their albums, TMBG fans should love them. Mike ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-151 ******************************