Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-153 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 153 Saturday, 1 June 1996 Today's Topics: They were on Letterman Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-152 Leaving Administrivia Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-152 just wonderin'... Re: just wonderin'... Re: just wonderin'... Re: just wonderin'... The NEW Hall of Heads 25 Hours a day, then it's 25 O'Clock Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 04:37:44 -0400 (EDT) From: "M.C.I." Subject: They were on Letterman E! played that episode of David Letterman with Them. They played I palindrome I, my parents taped it for me, it was cool. And now I finally have something of them on video :) Well, it's late, just felt like sharing that with you all. G'night ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ? "Woke up this morning and felt a pang. I was hungering for some apple ? ? pie. Stumbled in the bathroom I hung my hog a little bit. Washed the ? ? sleep up out my eye. Oh yeah, this will be a fine day!" - Primus ? ? ? ? ? ? M.C.I. ? ? or baumi@tmbg.org ? ? or baumi@alleg.edu ? ? ? ? White Heterosexual Males of the world Unite!!!!! ? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ------------------------------ From: Plaguerat2@aol.com Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 11:10:59 -0400 Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-152 all this talk of king missile makes me cry..they're gone... well here's a semi complete discography for all of those interested... Mystical shit / fluting on the hump Dog Fly Religion The way to salvation Happy Hour Happy 14.5 (ep) Detachable Penis (radio promo) King Missile + a couple of compilation albums that have other trax also with John S Hall - poemfone dogbowl also has an album but i cant seem to trac it down and supposedly John has a new band called The Body has a head..or something like that.. but i haven't been able to find anything by them ~-=the plaguerat=-~ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 08:39:40 -0700 (PDT) From: Liam Singer Subject: Leaving Alas, I recieve all my e-mail at school, and summer is quickly approaching. Thus, I must bid you a fond farewell as I journey into the land of the unknown. See you in the fall Liam ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 13:50:45 -0600 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Administrivia Here it is a day early, since I probably will be too busy with my graduation open house to send it out tomorrow. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** To be posted twice a month on tmbg-list and tmbg-digest. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 3) The websites Leo and I maintain the Unofficial TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.org/ It contains lyrics, chords, song interpretations, the FAQ, the discography, links, and info on this mailing list. Try it out. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ Right now it's got tour dates. More to come. As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** -- http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp://ftp.dragonfire.net/users/jchaffer/ "The spiralling shape will make you go insane But everyone wants to see that groovy thing." -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 14:27:33 -0400 (EDT) From: Filthy scarecrow Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-152 On Fri, 31 May 1996 Plaguerat2@aol.com wrote: > all this talk of king missile makes me cry..they're gone... > well here's a semi complete discography for all of those interested... > > Mystical shit / fluting on the hump > Dog Fly Religion > The way to salvation > Happy Hour > Happy 14.5 (ep) > Detachable Penis (radio promo) > King Missile > + a couple of compilation albums that have other trax > > also with John S Hall - poemfone > dogbowl also has an album but i cant seem to trac it down > and supposedly John has a new band called The Body has a head..or something > like that.. but i haven't been able to find anything by them > > ~-=the plaguerat=-~ > There's also a radio promo CD of Love Is, and a radio promo CD of My Heart Is A Flower with 3 remixes and 3 other songs: the demo of Scotland, a live version of Jesus Was Way Cool and a studio version of I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, cut from the Salvation album. Hard to find but very good. The Body Has A Head is right, but I don't think there's anything released by them yet. If you want, I can ask John S. Hall about it. Mike ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 13:58:02 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: just wonderin'... Since you all have such cool musical tastes, and since my own musical taste has been largely influenced by the excellent suggestions of fellow listies (you can all pat yourselves on the back now), I've been wondering--does anyone out there have that Schoolhouse Rock album that came out not too long ago? Is it any good? I've heard a wacky song by Ween on the radio here that supposedly came off that album ("The Shot Heard 'Round the World"), as well as somebody's rendition of "Conjunction Junction" that was pretty cool too, but I don't recall who did it. I was just wondering if any of you guys have heard the album or would recommend it. What I've heard so far sounds pretty cool. Just curious. --Tara, who thinks we still should have the Oklahoma flesh fest despite the fact that it's tornado season (wimps like Matt James can stay home...hehe) Heck, let's have it *because* it's tornado season!! "It's a funnel cloud, everybody! Run to the nearest ditch!!" It'd be...well, unique, at least. :) Wow, I'm bringing up threads that have long since been run into the ground. I think I need some sleep. Sorry. :) *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* * Tara Weber | "eVeRy jUMbLeD PiLe oF peRSoN hAs a * * 00085244@bigred.unl.edu| tHiNKiNg paRt tHaT woNdeRs wHat tHe paRt * * Ondine@tmbg.org | tHaT isN't tHiNkinG iSn't tHiNKiNg oF." * * | --tHeY MiGhT bE giAnTS * *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 14:37:47 -0500 (CDT) From: Little Woman From Another Place <00083933@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: just wonderin'... On Fri, 31 May 1996, Tara Lynne Weber wrote: > we still should have the Oklahoma flesh fest despite > the fact that it's tornado season (wimps like Matt James can stay > home...hehe) Heck, let's have it *because* it's tornado season!! > "It's a funnel cloud, everybody! Run to the nearest ditch!!" It'd > be...well, unique, at least. :) Oklahoma would be the _perfect_ site for the Fleshfest, Tara!! I can just hear it now! "Over there... It's a white tornado! Ooh, look at it whirling around and spinning and everything! It's a white tornado!" "White tornado my foot! That's a real tornado! Ooh, you ain't in New York City, baby!" Does that stormy pinkness on the horizon indicate an approaching white tornado?? =) Kylee * The thoughts and Unrelated Things herein are not mine; they belong to My Evil Twin. Complaints should be directed to the Hall of Heads. """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ) ( \ ) | Kylee Dickey: 5'3" : I'm the LWFAP! | / ) ) ( | 00083933@bigred.unl.edu | ( ( ( ) | she.is.actual.size@tmbg.org | ______________________ """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" ` '__ | "If you say drink coffee, I'll drink | \ TWIN PEAKS / \ | coffee." --Agent Cooper | \ SHERIFF'S DEPT / ] """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" l _l___/ \__ __/ I have too much blood in my caffeine system! /_________\ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 17:14:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Sarah Kunz Subject: Re: just wonderin'... On Fri, 31 May 1996, Tara Lynne Weber wrote: > I've been wondering--does anyone out there have that Schoolhouse Rock album that > came out not too long ago? Is it any good? I've heard a wacky song by > Ween on the radio here that supposedly came off that album ("The Shot > Heard 'Round the World"), as well as somebody's rendition of "Conjunction > Junction" that was pretty cool too, but I don't recall who did it. I was > just wondering if any of you guys have heard the album or would recommend > it. What I've heard so far sounds pretty cool. Just curious. I got the Schoolhouse Rock CD not too long ago. It's pretty good. My faves are "Electricity" by Goodness, "I'm Just a Bill" by Deluxx Folk Implosion, "Verb" by Moby and the ones you mentioned. (By the way, Better Than Ezra does "Conjunction Junction") It's funny you mentioned this album, because I was just listening to it at the dentist's during my root canal...the novacane hasn't even worn off yet.. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 18:01:13 -0400 (EDT) From: Are you a fox or a hedgehog? Subject: Re: just wonderin'... hell yes I'd recommend it...is has Daniel Johnston and FI! :) Amanda D. KosherBacon@tmbg.org http://www.afn.org/~afn37647/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 18:30:31 -0700 From: Ruprecht Organization: Representatives of the People of Here Subject: The NEW Hall of Heads Hey guys (and, well, gals), For any body that wants to see it, I just finished uploading my tmbg page Hall Of Heads to a new server because the old one was down... The page features sound clips from most of the songs with backwards messages in one of them, countless articles and interviews of the Johns and some neat stuff from past list threads... the URL is http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/6476/ ... well take a look if you want and let me know about broken links, I just uploaded it... a spooky man named me ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 22:49:06 -0400 (EDT) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: 25 Hours a day, then it's 25 O'Clock >and the 25 Hours a day, 6 days a week is a specific TMBG ^^^^^^^^ It also fits in with the XTC cover, naturally... /////////////////////////////Joshua Hall-Bachner///////////////////////////// / particle@servtech.com / / "I spend too much time raiding windmills, We go side by side, laugh until / ///it's right. -- Toad The Wet Sprocket,"Windmills"////////////////////////// ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-153 ******************************