Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-172 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 172 Thursday, 20 June 1996 Today's Topics: Re: movie RE: Mono Puff Chat on AOL (none) I Correct Myself / Category Flans Chat +OAT Re: TMBG-the movie quote Re: movie Re: revelation An appeal to British TMBG fans Mono Puff NOTSM Awards & 1-800-Dial-MTV Flans chat...thing Flans on AOL Re: movie Fingertips. Flans on AOL Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:14:42 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: movie On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Matthew James wrote: > Really good flick, wish I could buy it. I DID BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! > Matt > -- > ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ > Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper > "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC > Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash > Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp > Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass > -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- > *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( albatross@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 01:47:00 -0400 From: "Crabtree, Sheryl" Subject: RE: Mono Puff Chat on AOL sure Ryan! I'm reading it right now, go to: http://204.156.30.1/~Moogle/flans.txt and check it out! happy reading! ---------- From: Ryan Clark To: tmbg-digest Subject: Mono Puff Chat on AOL Date: Wednesday, June 19, 1996 12:47AM I am so angry I could....AAAAA. Stupid Damn time differences!!! I am in California and somehow I miscalculated the time and came in at 9:00 P.M. which was an hour too late. Anyone have a copy of the chat or no where I can get it?? Bye, Ryan Clark rclark@nccn.net rclark@tmbg.org "It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money." ------------------------------ From: gsm_kth@pkinus3.serigate.philips.nl Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:52:46 +0200 to: axel@tmbg.org (Kurt Anderson) wrote: >Pink = pink >Linc = black >Flood = yellow >A18 = black >JH = orange I'm not sure because my CD-box is about three hundred miles and four countries away from me and my CD, but I'm fairly sure my copy of Lincoln has a blue spine, which would kind of mess things up a bit for the "alternating spine" line of thought - maybe the European packaging is different. Lawrence P Solomon wrote: >There are, of course, songs that are downright depressing (but good), Maybe I'm unique, but I don't think I've ever found a TMBG song to be depressing - thoughtful yes, but we're not exactly talking Leonard Cohen here are we? joekeith@dircon.co.uk (Joe Keith) wrote: > Moshing. A year ago I had an exciting discussion with one Doug B Hollywood >(where the hell is he BTW). The bottom line here was that UK moshers *were* >far more civilised than US moshers. I will, however, add that recently I It depends what you would describe as "moshing". Crowd-surfing is a relative new-comer in terms of gig-behaviour, but I can remember a few gigs I've been to over the years where the pit has been a definite "no glasses" area. In fact I've been to a few where the pit has been a "no survivors" area. I've generally found that the larger a venue is, the greater the proportion of (sorry, but) tossers in the crowd . The trouble is that with influences from the US coming over so quickly, it never takes anything very long to catch on (Past history: Crowd-surfing, LA Raiders, in-line skates, New Kids...shudder) Fritz ------------------------------ Subject: I Correct Myself / Category Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 08:47:18 -0500 From: Della & Steve Schiavo Oops! Before anyone rushes off to the record store: "Contents Dislodged During Shipment" is by Tin Huey, the band that Chris Butler was in before he formed the Waitresses. The Trouser Press Record Guide on TMBG: Imagine, if you will, a modern all-pop update of Spike Jones and the Bonzo Dog Band crossed with the Mothers of Invention, Residents, XTC, Stackridge, Tom Lehrer and R. Stevie Moore. - Steve ------------------------------ From: "BlueDawg" Subject: Flans Chat +OAT Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 12:05:57 -0400 If you missed it, you didn't miss much. Ruprecht and decided that the average age of the attendees was 11 1/2. ObOAT: Waitin' for Arthur to come and blow me away...gotta go and put the tarp over the Jeep, tack down the dog, etc. etc. BlueDawg -- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com bluedawg@tmbg.org, BlueDawg on IRC, Jeep Driver Hey, check out my website!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "I hit my head, now I'm left-handed"--John Flansburgh ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson (303) 516-4722 Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 10:36:13 MDT Subject: Re: TMBG-the movie quote ---------- X-Sun-Data-Type: text X-Sun-Data-Description: text X-Sun-Data-Name: text X-Sun-Content-Lines: 2 I'll repost the key dialog from the movie "They Might Be Giants" ---------- X-Sun-Data-Type: default-app X-Sun-Data-Description: default X-Sun-Data-Name: tmbg_mov X-Sun-Content-Lines: 29 I read in the FAQ that TMBG took their name from a movie of that name from the early 70's. Last week I rented that movie. It's about a man who thinks that he is Sherlock Holmes, the great detective of fiction. His brother contacts a doctor to have him committed. Her name is Dr. Watson. She wants to help him, and he wants to make a detective out of her. For me, the key dialogue of the movie, where the title comes from, follows: Holmes: Here, what do you make of it? Watson: God, you're just like Don Quixote, you think everything's always something else. Holmes: Heh, heh, heh, well he had a point. Of course, he carried it a bit too far. He thought that every windmill was a giant. That's insane. But, thinking that they might be ... Well, all the best minds used to think the world was flat. But, what if it isn't? It might be round. And bread mold might be medicine. If we never looked at things and thought of what they might be, why, we'd all still be out there in the tall grass with the apes. ---------- X-Sun-Data-Type: default-app X-Sun-Data-Description: default X-Sun-Data-Name: russ X-Sun-Content-Lines: 8 ============================================================================= Russ Josephson http://pages.prodigy.com/GLPJ70A Berthoud, Colorado, USA russj@btc.adaptec.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "Man is that he might have joy" -- The Book Of Mormon ============================================================================= ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:48:26 -0400 Subject: Re: movie on 6/19/96, Chris Kopenec was known to remark: >I DID BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!! wow. That movie costs like $60. You must be really devoted. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:53:11 -0500 From: paul swan Subject: Re: revelation >Well, Misc. T doesn't really fit in with any other patterns, either... It >was released on an odd year (1991, I believe), whereas every other TMBG >album had come out every two years, starting in 1986, it's full of songs >that were really strange, unusual, or just remixes, etc, etc, etc, >yadayadayada (to steal someone else's quote...). I'm in for the next >album being black theory.... ;) the way i see it, misc T does fit into the pattern, and that's how i knew superfueledfreaksickle wouldn't come out in 1995. you see... 1986 pink album 1988 lincoln 1990 flood 1991 misc T 1992 apollo 18 1994 john henry 1996 ?????? 1997 superfueledfreaksickle ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 20:41:01 +0000 From: Chriss Bliss Organization: Dovecote Designs Subject: An appeal to British TMBG fans I have been sitting here reading my way through the vast amounts of mail = that come tumbling down on my virutal door mat. I was wondering If any UK = fans out there would be willing to sell/copy me any TMBG videos. I have = had offers from the US but, of course they won't work on our TVs. As I = haven't seen TMBG on TV since 1990, I thought it would be a kind gesture = to an ailing fan. So if someone is willing to help me through the next = few weeks of Glandual feaveral hell let me know. Cheers -- _____________________________ =F7-----------------------------=F7 =F7 Chriss Bliss =F7 =F7 Alias: Kitalina =F7 =F7 Email: bliss@dial.pipex.com =F7 =F7_____________________________=F7 =F7-----------------------------=F7 () ||=A5=A5=A5---------=A7=A7=A7---------=A5=A5=A5 ||--=A5=A5=A5-------=A7=A7=A7-------=A5=A5=A5-- ||----=A5=A5=A5-----=A7=A7=A7-----=A5=A5=A5---- ||------=A5=A5=A5---=A7=A7=A7---=A5=A5=A5------ ||--------=A5=A5=A5-=A7=A7=A7-=A5=A5=A5-------- God Bless ||=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7= =A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7 Long live the Queen ||=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7= =A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7 England ||--------=A5=A5=A5-=A7=A7=A7-=A5=A5=A5-------- ||------=A5=A5=A5---=A7=A7=A7---=A5=A5=A5------ ||----=A5=A5=A5-----=A7=A7=A7-----=A5=A5=A5---- ||--=A5=A5=A5-------=A7=A7=A7-------=A5=A5=A5-- ||=A5=A5=A5---------=A7=A7=A7---------=A5=A5=A5 || ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 15:49:03 EDT From: "jason soltan" Subject: Mono Puff Hi everyone! It was posted recently that Mono Puff was supposed to be in Philadelphia at the Theatre of the Living Arts on June 26. I tried to call them and get tickets, and was told that this is not the case... Does anyone have the scoop on this? Maybe they're playing somewhere else in Philly? If you know, please email me at Thanks! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:03:31 -0400 (EDT) From: Eric Webber Subject: NOTSM Hello, My sister's not a huge TMBG fan, but she does like some of their stuff. She works in the children's room of a local library. Yesterday she brought home a childrens book for me called "The Nightgown of the Sullen Moon" I don't know if anybody has seen it before. I forget who the author is (I left the book at home) but it was published in 1983. It really has nothing to do with the song ( as far as i can tell) but it would be a really wild coincidence if They had not seen the book somewhere and used the title. It's a cool little story though and if you can find it you should check it out. Take it easy, Wubba ==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==!==hey! "We love jokes in bad taste. ;Eric Webber They make us feel better about ourselves" ;erwst9+@pitt.edu -Conan O'Brien ;wubba@tmbg.org "We intend to offend and alarm and annoy" -The Penis Wolves ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Awards & 1-800-Dial-MTV Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:52:11 -0400 (EDT) The web site has won an another award. This one looks slightly more legit, so I went ahead and put it on the page. Actually, it's there because they claim they will send me a "free gift" if I do...so it can hang out there for a while. I'm curious to see what they are giving out. Also, I'd like to remind everyone to call 1-800-DIAL-MTV and request "The Devel Went Down to Newport", but Monopuff! -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: tim.clark@rma.edu Organization: Randolph-Macon Academy Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 21:23:29 -0400 Subject: Flans chat...thing HEY! Anybody have a copy of the Flans AOL chat last night they'd like to send me!!!!! Thanks...if you do. --Tim.Clark@rma.edu ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 23:52:55 -0400 From: Ira Adler Subject: Flans on AOL --=====================_835167166==_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Just got done the Flans interview... pretty disappointing... Here's the transscript... BTW, I'm Bobo123456... --=====================_835167166==_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="TMBG.LOG" CRUISEPROF: Please join us anytime in the Cruise Critic section here on AOL, if you have any... Mr Garcia: (2)yeah, see you and kathie lee CRUISEPROF: interest in the cruise industry.... Bobo123456: (2)MYSTERIOUS WHISPER! A22TMBG: (2)I would die for you john JMorrow407: (2)Bobo? Mr Garcia: (2)I don't understand you PhilTheBob: (2)In the darkness you make out a spiralling shape Bobo123456: (2)It's a shame he's not here to hear that one... CRUISEPROF: And please join us in Cruise Cafe every Tuesday and Wednesday night, from 10 until... Mr Garcia: (2)I don't understand you Bobo123456: (2)Yo Jeff CRUISEPROF: 11 p.m. Eastern time JMorrow407: (2)Hey Jon TMBG999: (2)I threw em all from Pink to Henry in the machine and threw on shuffle CRUISEPROF: If you want to be included in our mailing list, please send your name to me at... JMorrow407: (2)What # is Mr. Me? Mr Garcia: (2)c'mon and WRECK MY CAR11 Blazer8179: (2)<~~~Jeff PhilTheBob: (2)8 Bobo123456: (2)Go away Cruie people! CRUISEPROF: CRUISEPROF@AOL.COM and we will add you Mr Garcia: (2)HE JEFF A22TMBG: (2)5 minutes TMBG999: (2)AREN;'t you the guy whoi hit me in the eye TMBG999: (2)I've gotto p TMBG999: (2)BAD PhilTheBob: (2)I'm having a heart attack Mr Garcia: (2)PLEASE PASS THE MILK PLEASE A22TMBG: (2)Please pass the milk please Bobo123456: (2)Who are the other three folks on stage? A22TMBG: (2)who cares Bobo123456: (2)two Bobo123456: (2)I care! Mr Garcia: (2)I'm having a heart attack JMorrow407: (2)Does anyone know the # for Mr. Me on Lincoln? PhilTheBob: (2)It's #8 JMorrow407: (2)Thanx! TKelley468: (2)you need help Mr. G? Bobo123456: (2)Woo hoo! A22TMBG: (2)Is he here yet Blazer8179: (2)That was a crock Bobo123456: (2)You'll see him on stage. JMorrow407: (2)No we wait. JMorrow407: (2)Now Mr Garcia: (2)Leave me alone Leave me alon PhilTheBob: (2)Who's knocking on the wall? MulliMann: (2)SPIDER... JMorrow407: (2)Yoyoyo...yoyoyo Heyzeus7: (2)is this where it's at? A22TMBG: (2)how dose the format work again TMBG999: (2)I'vre got the case right here Bobo123456: (2)Is that John? Mr Garcia: (2)and i walk alone darkenned coridors Thebubbie: (2)He is our hero! JMorrow407: (2)No, Jon TMBG999: (2)Mr. Me is 8 Heyzeus7: (2)=BFdonde? Mr Garcia: (2)JOHN ...he's our hero!! TMBG999: (2)John Mr Garcia: (2)spider JMorrow407: (2)And our god TMBG999: (2)WE want John JMorrow407: (2)Hey... A22TMBG: (2)he is our hero PhilTheBob: (2)Co-god. Linnell counts, too. MulliMann: (2)JOHN!!! TMBG999: (2)Also Doherty JMorrow407: (2)HE WAS IN ROOM 6 BEFORE!!!! Mr Garcia: (2)as in Shannen? Heyzeus7: (2)where is mr. flansberg? TMBG999: (2)John is comming SPINmc: Welcome to SPINonline's live chat with John Flansburgh! PhilTheBob: (2)Woohoo! Mr Garcia: (2)ok JMorrow407: (2)YE!!!! TMBG999: (2)Flans is always here in spirit JMorrow407: (2)I'm SO HAPPY!!! TMBG999: (2)he waches his kids Bobo123456: (2)I could cry. TMBG999: (2)I CAN:T WAIT Mr Garcia: (2)we are your slaves, john JMorrow407: (2) PhilTheBob: (2)He'll tell us what to do! Mr Garcia: (2)nifty doodle Mr Garcia: (2)lol A22TMBG: (2)I would die for you JMorrow407: (2)Ditto TMBG999: (2)ITS LIKE Christmas and this is under my TANNANBUM Mr Garcia: (2)i would kill for you Bobo123456: (2)Do we Bid, vote, or send a comment? TMBG999: (2)JOHN JMorrow407: (2)Like Chanukah! TMBG999: (2)YIPEE!!!!! Bobo123456: (2)yes. Mr Garcia: (2)PLEASE tell me to kill for you. Heyzeus7: (2)I got the statue high. TKelley468: (2)anyone for some spam? JMorrow407: (2)Wow JMorrow407: (2)That;s different TKelley468: (2)spamburgers? OnlineHost: Copyright 1996 America Online, Inc. TMBG999: (2)John drink coffe with me!!!! JMorrow407: (2)HAHAHA Mr Garcia: (2)where did john go MulliMann: (2)Step on.. OnlineHost: The auditorium consists of two major areas: the : audience, where you are right now, and the stage, : where the speakers appear. Text which you type : onscreen shows only to those in your row, prefaced : by the row number in parentheses, such as (2) if : you are in row 2. To interact with the speaker, : use the Interact icon on your screen. SPINmc: John is here...straight from the recording studio... AlisandeC: (2)Interact? Please explain. Talk personally? JMorrow407: (2)YES!!!! SPINmc: Where he's been working on the new They Might Be Giants album... JMorrow407: (2)Adler, he was in room 6! Bobo123456: (2)Die jeff JMorrow407: (2)NO I MEAN IT!! JMorrow407: (2)I missed him!!! Bobo123456: (2)I believe you SPINmc: He's here promoting his side project...Mono Puff! Bobo123456: (2)Aw crap Bobo123456: (2)sorry JMorrow407: (2)Damn Bobo123456: (2)you JMorrow407: (2)thanks, jon Bobo123456: (2)Will we all see his reponses? SPINmc: Start sending your questions by pressing that ever happy Interact button. SPINmc: Okay... MulliMann: (2)GET rid of... Mr Garcia: (2)yea haw Heyzeus7: (2)Does john go into the rooms??? SPINmc: We're ready to start... JMorrow407: (2)SPIDER SPINmc: How did you decide to do the Mono Puff experience? Mr Garcia: (2)yes...? Heyzeus7: (2)I'm gonna ask him what that blue thing really IS doing here JMorrow407: (2)Please do John Puff: Uhhh...ummm... JMorrow407: (2)Insightful TMBG999: (2)JOHN PhilTheBob: (2)Articulate Mr Garcia: (2)i've been wondering that all my life Bobo123456: (2)This seems impersonal John Puff: I've been doing this "Hello CD of the Month" club for the past couple of years... JMorrow407: (2)It's all clear now! MulliMann: (2)Wow.. he speaks... uh i think so.. TMBG999: (2)Cmon and wreck my car Mr Garcia: (2)where's john? PhilTheBob: (2)He's John Puff. Heyzeus7: (2)i hear the wind blow...it seems to say... Helloo CD of the month! John Puff: and I had a bunch of songs that I had put out thru the club that= I had wanted to record TMBG999: (2)Johns been hanging around the staute John Puff: In a more full-blown way. TMBG999: (2)are you touring with it John Puff: I got together a band to do the songs at a "Hello" showcase in NY and recorded the bulk Heyzeus7: (2)ok. Now about that new TMBG album... John Puff: of the record a couple of weeks later last October. SPINmc: He'll take some TMBG questions, of course, but ask him some Mono= Puff stuff as well! SPINmc: Brettster: TMBG999: (2)Is the Mono Puff in stores Question: John! I was impressed by a recent Linnell Dial-a-Song, "Ringing of the Bells." Is that Question: slated for the new TMBG release? John Puff: Yes! Heyzeus7: (2)Will Sensurround be on the new album? SPINmc: StevenP78: Question: who influenced your music? Zappa, 10cc, Rundgren, Squeeze? Mr Garcia: (2)cheese John Puff: Personally, Rundgren not at all. John Puff: 10cc ummm in only the vaguest way. John Puff: Elvis Costello far more than Squeeze, although I like Squeeze. JMorrow407: (2)THAT's who he reminds me of! John Puff: My Ryko labelmate the late Frank Zappa a qualified yes. SPINmc: Jonath102: Question: Hey John. The new mono puff album rocks. I know the new TMBG album is due in the fall, Question: but what about the second B-side compalation? JMorrow407: (2)Misc. T II Bobo123456: (2)BTW everyone, you have to question John thru the Interact button, and shut up Jeff. JMorrow407: (2)Thanks, jon Bobo123456: (2)yup John Puff: Superfueled Freaksicle was slated to come out last spring but Elektra John Puff: felt the timing was wrong. John Puff: It's a pretty interesting record John Puff: but a little less consistent than Misc. T which some people think is a pretty bumpy John Puff: ride already. SPINmc: Marvin461: Question: John, what's your favorite breakfast cereal? John Puff: Yes! SPINmc: Mr Cydoni: Question: Have you heard "Weird Al's" song "Everything You Know is Wrong"? It seems to be a parody Question: of TMBG's musical styles. Mr Garcia: (2)is that like LIFE? John Puff: No. I bet it isn't. SPINmc: CoDun: Question: why does the band keep changing Bobo123456: (2)great question Mr Garcia: (2)what is bobo short for? JMorrow407: (2)Mr. Burns' Bear A22TMBG: (2)hesa slow typer AlisandeC: (2)I liked it better when it was just Flansburgh & Linnell. But that's just me. : ) JMorrow407: (2)ditto Bobo123456: (2)Me too. Mr Garcia: (2)"" Bobo123456: (2)Bear with him though... he's a MAC user JMorrow407: (2)Ohhh... PhilTheBob: (2)I don't know. It's still just Flansburgh & Linnell writing= the songs (except AKA Driver) John Puff: They Might Be Giants line-up doesn't change as fast as it might appear to liner note John Puff: readers. Mr Garcia: (2)chatchatchat... AlisandeC: (2)But the full band sounds very different... JMorrow407: (2)MAC??? Well... he *is* a god. JMorrow407: (2)But a mac? John Puff: But over the course of 3 and a half years with a full band its evolved a couple of times. SPINmc: Jdmack01: Question: Do you object to MIDI files of your music being traded on the internet? Have you heard Question: any that you liked? Mr Garcia: (2)i have a mac! TMBG999: (2)I've asked hundreds of quests and not one is being ansewed TMBG999: (2)damit AlisandeC: (2)John Henry is in a completely different ballpark than Apollo 18. Bobo123456: (2)me too A22TMBG: (2)what is particle man really abouit Mr Garcia: (2)damn damn damit! John Puff: I haven't heard any, but anyone is welcome to mine. SPINmc: DWeil2: Question: Hi John. I saw you in Bremen in Germany a while back. It was the building with ceiling Question: that opened up. You guys were great! Having listed to your song on the XTC disc, 25 O Clock, I Question: was wondering what cover song you'd like to do? AlisandeC: (2)I'm askin', but no one's answerin'. TMBG999: (2)I think they try to do somthing diffrent everytoime TMBG999: (2)I here you Mr Garcia: (2)particle man is about the oppression of mankind and the ... John Puff: I don't understand. AlisandeC: (2)Ooh! Their 25 O'Clock was excellent! Mr Garcia: (2)uncontrollable battles of life SPINmc: SHAGGY133: Question: Do you have any upcoming tour dates? Mr Garcia: (2)is Universe man really Ted Koppel? John Puff: Yes! Mr Garcia: (2)yes, he IS T. K.? PhilTheBob: (2)Does this mean tour dates for Mono Puff or TMBG? John Puff: Mono Puff will be in Boston on the 25, Philly on the 26, DC the 27, and NYC the 28 and 29 AlisandeC: (2)i think he means yes he has tour dates. JMorrow407: (2)Philly! Jon, we miss him! Bobo123456: (2)I told ya JMorrow407: (2)Oh yeah. John Puff: TMBG will be at in St Louis on the 17 of Aug, and on the road in Sept. SPINmc: Dot0926: Question: whats your favorite word, and why that word?? JMorrow407: (2)Cumquat?? A22TMBG: (2)this seems morelike an FAQ Mr Garcia: (2)I hope he doesn't say "yes" PhilTheBob: (2)They don't answer any of my questions, but "What's your favorite word" gets answered. JMorrow407: (2)I agree. Bobo123456: (2)hehe TMBG999: (2)how about it AlisandeC: (2)I know, I know! Mr Garcia: (2)lol John Puff: My favorite Word is word because it is a symbol for all other words. JMorrow407: (2)I asked insightful ??'s A22TMBG: (2)me too SPINmc: Zerolyzer: Question: Do you know the identities of the Residents? AND, if so, WHO ARE THEY?? Please tell me. TMBG999: (2)me as well Mr Garcia: (2)so dep Mr Garcia: (2)deep AlisandeC: (2)I like the Residents, but not that much. TMBG999: (2)I want hard core LIKE who is he screwing John Puff: No, I do not know their identities, but I believe some of them= are males. SPINmc: A22TMBG: Question: What is particle man really about A22TMBG: (2)yes JMorrow407: (2)Here it is A22TMBG: (2)al right JMorrow407: (2)All meanings ae bunk AlisandeC: (2)Ah-HA! Somebody asked that! I mean, from this room! Bobo123456: (2)he can hear us! John Puff: That would be a better question to ask John Linnell. SPINmc: Rob Joe: Question: Hi, John. Might we ever get see a "Best of Dial-a-Song" CD? AlisandeC: (2)We live! We LIVE! Mr Garcia: (2)there is a god JMorrow407: (2)JOHN be thy name PhilTheBob: (2)Satisfied with the answer, A22? Bobo123456: (2)Me!... i mean John. A22TMBG: (2)no John Puff: Our Lp's are essentially best of Dial-a-Song's. JMorrow407: (2)I'll have to buy those AlisandeC: (2)I remember when "Hall of Heads" was on D-a-S. John Puff: p.s. Dial-a-song died yesterday, but will be back up in a couple of days. SPINmc: Statue: AlisandeC: (2)It sounded very dull. Question: What can we expect from Hello in 1996? John Puff: We've got a lot of stuff. JMorrow407: (2)Informative Mr Garcia: (2)stuff John Puff: Gordon Gano AlisandeC: (2)Very technical. TMBG999: (2)these questions blow Mr Garcia: (2)stuff A22TMBG: (2)ya AlisandeC: (2)I feel like I'm part of the process. Crickettx2: (2)sutff....snapple? A22TMBG: (2)metoo John Puff: Laura Cantrell, produced by me (you may remeber her from "The Guitar") AlisandeC: (2)Yay! JMorrow407: (2)Hmmm John Puff: John Linnell is doing a project about NYC Mayors. JMorrow407: (2)YES!!! JMorrow407: (2)I MUST HAVE IT! Mr Garcia: (2)who's that playing AlisandeC: (2)I like Linnell better. He's really weird. JMorrow407: (2)He looks evil Mr Garcia: (2)unique John Puff: The Magnetic Fields and Will Rigby already have released stuff PhilTheBob: (2)"No One Knows My Plan" is the best song of all time JMorrow407: (2)yep AlisandeC: (2)I met Linnell once, and he ranted at me about how I should drink coffee, it's better than AlisandeC: (2)drugs. John Puff: If you want a free brochure leave your address at 1 800 HELLO 41 Mr Garcia: (2)PHIL: I love you man! SPINmc: PeaceDrya: Question: What's with the dancing in your first videos? PhilTheBob: (2)You're still not getting my Bud Light. JMorrow407: (2)C'mon... REAL questions!!!! Mr Garcia: (2)(yawn) John Puff: We jump around a lot on stage, and it was just an organized way= of doing it. SPINmc: SHAGGY133: Question: What is your new album called and on what label is it? JMorrow407: (2)Elektra. Mr Garcia: (2)duh JMorrow407: (2)Just a guess TMBG999: (2)Un Supervised JMorrow407: (2)That's Mono Puff JMorrow407: (2)I think he meant TMBG John Puff: The Mono Puff album is called "Unsupervised" and is on Rykodisc. SPINmc: RSeanL: Question: John, I think I love you man...but I'm wondering, how is your "social" situation right Question: now? I mean, there are rumors of all sorts about your love interests? What's the real story? TMBG999: (2)YIPEE A22TMBG: (2)is Lincoln related to JFK Bobo123456: (2)hehe TMBG999: (2)nope PhilTheBob: (2)No, but they had similar secretaries... TMBG999: (2)Its wher he is from JMorrow407: (2)Lincolm was in Monroe Maryland A22TMBG: (2)any cow towners here John Puff: I am spoken for I am happy to say. JMorrow407: (2)Kenndedy was in Marilyn Monroe Mr Garcia: (2)insightful SPINmc: Gnureg: Question: What's Mono Puff? JMorrow407: (2)Oboy Bobo123456: (2)ARGH! PhilTheBob: (2)Here we go... JMorrow407: (2)We need this Mr Garcia: (2)JOHN, DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT OUR SECRET LOVE AFFAIR!! John Puff: Well, it's me doing half the songwriting and the other half is cover versions of songs TMBG999: (2)this is crazy these are all lame ass questions A22TMBG: (2)lame JMorrow407: (2)ASK MINE, DAMMIT! John Puff: that I love that most people don't know. The line up of the band is Steve Calhoon who is Mr Garcia: (2)ASS TMBG999: (2)we want to know what drugs he is on>? TMBG999: (2)or black cofee Mr Garcia: (2)who, me? JMorrow407: (2)I hope he's clean. John Puff: the drummer in a very cool local NYC band called Skeleton Key,= who have a lp of their TMBG999: (2)no Bobo123456: (2)It makes you hate the regulation of AOL, don't it? Crickettx2: (2)Skeleton Key ROCKS, for those of you not in NYC.... John Puff: own coming out in the fall.The bass player is Hal Cragen from= Iggy Pop's band, who is PhilTheBob: (2)Indeed it does. TMBG999: (2)EXACTLY JMorrow407: (2)I will lose SO much respect if he's on anything TMBG999: (2)me as well TMBG999: (2)I'll ask him PhilTheBob: (2)He's not. I read an article and it said the only drug he abused was caffeine. A22TMBG: (2)hes a genius JMorrow407: (2)Go for it John Puff: currently on the road somewhere with the Ig, as everyone in his camp seems to call him. Tyndale: (2)he types to slow for this much info... Mr Garcia: (2)how long is this? Bobo123456: (2)next. JMorrow407: (2)That was deep, Jon John Puff: On the record you'll hear a lot from another very cool fellow named Mike Viola who has a Mr Garcia: (2)he is still looking for the space bar Bobo123456: (2)Finish. Bobo123456: (2)he Bobo123456: (2)hehe JMorrow407: (2)JAJAJA! John Puff: band called the Candy Butchers. He is super talented, versatile musician. Mr Garcia: (2)switch to decaf. OnlineHost: The auditorium consists of two major areas: the : audience, where you are right now, and the stage, : where the speakers appear. Text which you type : onscreen shows only to those in your row, prefaced : by the row number in parentheses, such as (2) if : you are in row 2. To interact with the speaker, : use the Interact icon on your screen. Tyndale: (2)and the point here is...? SPINmc: ShishkaB: Bobo123456: (2)Yay new question Mr Garcia: (2)finnaly JMorrow407: (2)WHO ASKED THE MONO PUFF QUESTION??? Bobo123456: (2)one that doesn't exist JMorrow407: (2)I'll kill them. Mr Garcia: (2)i kant spill TMBG999: (2)not me PhilTheBob: (2)We must find him and destroy him. Or her. SPINmc: SInce your music is so unique, can you tell me what has been the oddest SPINmc: inspiration you've had for a song? JMorrow407: (2)Hey, ask OUR questions!! Question: Question: SInce your music is so unique, can you tell me what has been the oddest Question: inspiration you've had for a song? TMBG999: (2)They allow the idiots to ask him questions Mr Garcia: (2)go away John Puff: That's an unusual question... Bobo123456: (2)Gnureg asked the bad question. PhilTheBob: (2)Gnureg, eh?... JMorrow407: (2)Kill him SPINmc: We're here with John Flansburgh of Mono Puff and They Might Be Giants... A22TMBG: (2)duh Bobo123456: (2)better than "What is Mono Puff?" Mr Garcia: (2)thanks JMorrow407: (2)Thank you Capt. Obvious John Puff: I wrote "Youth Culture Killed My Dog" riding my bike thru= Brooklyn John Puff: but that doesn't answer your question SPINmc: We'll be giving away 5 signed CD's at the end of our chat.... Mr Garcia: (2)SPINMc: Master of the obvious! JMorrow407: (2)YES!!! Bobo123456: (2)HEY! JMorrow407: (2)I'm HERE!! PhilTheBob: (2)How does one get one of those cd's? A22TMBG: (2)ya JMorrow407: (2)Ask SpinMC through interact Mr Garcia: (2)he kills SPINmc: Based upon a question derived from this conference... TMBG999: (2)I want those CD'as!!!!! JMorrow407: (2)study....study SPINmc: Stick around. Mr Garcia: (2)I;'m in the 2nd row, john. throw those cds over here JMorrow407: (2)NO SLEEP! John Puff: Bob Guccionne Sr. will be signing them personally SPINmc: MothaBEAS: Question: Will you be my friend? Please??? JMorrow407: (2)Who? John Puff: Yes! Mr Garcia: (2)who is he? Bobo123456: (2)Oh GOD! JMorrow407: (2)AHAHAHAHA PhilTheBob: (2)The guy who runs Penthouse Magazine TKelley468: (2)be my friend? John Puff: BFFL my outerspace pal! SPINmc: Rob Joe: Question: Hi, John. How did you come up with "Egad a base tone denotes a bad age"? PhilTheBob: (2)THAT WAS LINNELL! JMorrow407: (2)great John Puff: Well, alas, that again would be a question for Mr. Linnell Mr Garcia: (2)duh JMorrow407: (2)Thank you. SPINmc: KatILuvU: Question: so John I was wondering what your favorite song is? And who was your favorite group when Question: you were a kid? PhilTheBob: (2)I wish the SPINmc would do a little research before he= decides which questions to use. JMorrow407: (2)NEED BETTER ??;s!!! A22TMBG: (2)linnerlls JMorrow407: (2)yeah. Mr Garcia: (2)my guess is p floyd Bobo123456: (2)I bet that they're in the order recieved. John Puff: Right now I'm kinda hooked on the "Dusty in Memphis" album by Dusty Springfield Bobo123456: (2)MUST BUY DUSTY! JMorrow407: (2)Give me a copy John Puff: There is a kind of song on the record that is based in the Burt Bacharach mold that I Mr Garcia: (2)i'm kinda hooked on herb albert& the tiajauna brass JMorrow407: (2)I'm hooked on John Henry John Puff: really love although a couple of the best examples on the record were actually written by Mr Garcia: (2)do do do do do do do.. Bobo123456: (2)I'm hooked on acid... I mean tmbg JMorrow407: (2)who?who? PhilTheBob: (2)I'm hooked on "Spiralling Shape" from the Brain Candy soundtrack. John Puff: Randy Newman who seemed to be almost writing in Burt's style. SPINmc: RobbKille: Question: Hey John, who's the lady on "Miscellanious T" babbling on about "Who's They May Be Giants, Question: how do they make any money? They meet at La Maisonnette Restaurant?" Is that my mother? JMorrow407: (2)WHY THE POOR QUESTIONS? Crickettx2: (2)did his mother ever call Dial a song? Crickettx2: (2)duh John Puff: If she is from the NYC area, I believe it is. Many people think she is a man. I am Mr Garcia: (2)what do you expect, its spin mag PhilTheBob: (2)No kidding JMorrow407: (2)Never read spin PhilTheBob: (2)Don't JMorrow407: (2)Gotcha John Puff: refering to track 13 on Misc. T which is a Dial-A-Song response that a lady left Mr Garcia: (2)can't even read Mr Garcia: (2)period PhilTheBob: (2)I got the Spin record guide, and the most they gave a TMBG album was 7 out of 10. John Puff: (back when it was taking messages. I doesn't anymore) SPINmc: EdFreeze: Question: What is Hello? Bobo123456: (2)OH NO! TMBG999: (2)DIE DIEDIE JMorrow407: (2)NO!!! A22TMBG: (2)lame lame lame JMorrow407: (2)GOD WHY?????? TMBG999: (2)WHY ARE YOU AN IDIOT!!!!!!! SPINmc: We're here with John Flansburgh, Hello CD of the Month entrepreneur.... John Puff: Hello CD of the Month Club is like Book of the Month Club. Me and TMBG999: (2)PLUG TMBG999: (2)HELLO PLUG JMorrow407: (2)I may join now Mr Garcia: (2)somebody mail bomb him John Puff: my partner in Hello Marjorie send out 10 CDs a year by different artist, all new and TMBG999: (2)this isn't about q and A its about Advertisement PhilTheBob: (2)Actually, that should be "My partner in Hello Marjorie and I..." but who am I to nitpick? Mr Garcia: (2)i thought there were 12 months in a year John Puff: original for Hello exclusively. Every month is dedicated to a different artist. You join SPINmc: and we'll be giving away 5 signed copies of Unsupervised, John's= Mono Puff album.... SPINmc: At the end of the chat! Stick around. JMorrow407: (2)YES! Bobo123456: (2)I feel like I am vaguely taking part in a bad interview. John Puff: for a year, and you get the back catalog of the year you join JMorrow407: (2)Where's Lestat when you need him A22TMBG: (2)how do i get albums John Puff: whenever you start. JMorrow407: (2)If you send that, I kill you! SPINmc: KENbmille: Question: What songs do you cover on the new Mono Puff album? Mr Garcia: (2)you go to the store PhilTheBob: (2)I feel like a New York Times reporter who has insightful questions but gets passed over... Bobo123456: (2)ARGH PhilTheBob: (2)In favor of those from the Enquirer. JMorrow407: (2)Hahaha. JMorrow407: (2)Bravo John Puff: The single, "The Devil Went Down to Newport" was originally recorded by a TMBG999: (2)ISN'T IT TRUE Mr Garcia: (2)cow Bobo123456: (2)town JMorrow407: (2)the JMorrow407: (2)cow's TMBG999: (2)going down JMorrow407: (2)a JMorrow407: (2)friend John Puff: group called the Clamdiggers. The made a demo that was given to= me by my friend Brian JMorrow407: (2)to JMorrow407: (2)me JMorrow407: (2)lives John Puff: Dewan and I thought it would make a good cover. Bobo123456: (2)stop JMorrow407: (2)Done JMorrow407: (2)beneath TMBG999: (2)Iliked it John Puff: There is a video for it that is going to be on MTV's 120 Minutes next week. PhilTheBob: (2)COOL! Bobo123456: (2)Next question. Mr Garcia: (2)mtv blows John Puff: Call that 800 number at MTV and make them put it in power= rotation JMorrow407: (2)I'll BE THERE!! Crap, I'll be away! SPINmc: Drayco: JMorrow407: (2)NO! Question: Is the rumor true that you have a sitcom on the WB coming this= fall JMorrow407: (2)What??? John Puff: No Crickettx2: (2)good SPINmc: Torganna: Question: What is the significance of the old man's face people are wearing as masks and such in Question: your old videos? JMorrow407: (2)Hahaha Bobo123456: (2)hey jeff JMorrow407: (2)Yep John Puff: He just looked nice. It was for decoration pretty much. Bobo123456: (2)It's funny how 99% of th interview can be discovered in the FAQ. Mr Garcia: (2)jeff is having a heartattack JMorrow407: (2)Funny? SPINmc: We've got about 5 minutes left with John Flansburgh of TMBG and Mono Puff fame... PhilTheBob: (2)I think we all are. JMorrow407: (2)Am I??? Mr Garcia: (2)5 min? John Puff: Oh, I want to mention this bulletin board type stuff. I am going to be on the other thing Crickettx2: (2)other thing? SPINmc: The special question for the signed Mono Puff CD's will be announced at the end... Crickettx2: (2)how explicit! JMorrow407: (2)5 min?????????? TMBG999: (2)what the fu88853 Mr Garcia: (2)what an articulate fellow JMorrow407: (2)5 $%^%$(#%$#&(? minutes!!!! PhilTheBob: (2)Um, could you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the things? JMorrow407: (2)Yes! TMBG999: (2)he speaks but it just didn't John Puff: Sonic net on July 11, and I doing an interview on Vin Skelsa's show on WNEW FM on TMBG999: (2)Sonic net? JMorrow407: (2)Who knows TMBG999: (2)anyone? AlisandeC: (2)What's FAQ? PhilTheBob: (2)"The Other Thing of the Online Business," apparently. John Puff: the 23rd. Also there is an All Things Considered piece coming up too. SPINmc: Torgo111: Question: How did TMBG become "Musical Ambassadors for International Space Year"? Crickettx2: (2)Frequently Asked Questions TMBG999: (2)Frequently asked Questons JMorrow407: (2)What the FAQ is going on here> Mr Garcia: (2)deja vu John Puff: They asked us, and it sounded very cool. It was kind of a non-event because the Republican TMBG999: (2)I love the Giants more then anything but this crap pissed me off!!! Crickettx2: (2)nuiff said. "republican" PhilTheBob: (2)Oh, please tell me he's not a republican --=====================_835167166==_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="TMBG2.LOG" JMorrow407: (2)'s suck. John Puff: s were really into dismantling the Space Program. There wasn't too much cheering around John Puff: NASA SPINmc: Kaylum: Question: Any chance of Mono Puff coming down south for some shows? TMBG999: (2)I learned nothing new and what I wanted to know he didn't answer JMorrow407: (2)Ditto PhilTheBob: (2)WE ALREADY WENT OVER THE MONO PUFF TOURING SCHEDULE! AlisandeC: (2)Ditto! Mr Garcia: (2)"" John Puff: We would love to, but I don't think we're big enough. We hope to be on the west coast in JMorrow407: (2)I say that SPINmc@aol.com gets nailed tomorrow! PhilTheBob: (2)Yes, I should say so! JMorrow407: (2)Bombs, mailing lists AlisandeC: (2)Hear, hear! JMorrow407: (2)the works! TMBG999: (2)defintely Mr Garcia: (2)I smell a bombing John Puff: the beginning of Sept. TMBG will definately be down south this fall SPINmc: MarvoK: Question: what kind of shampoo do you use? JMorrow407: (2)NO!!!! PhilTheBob: (2)Did you ever hear of the "Good Times" virus, Mr. SPINmc? JMorrow407: (2)NONONONO!!!! JMorrow407: (2)Nice. TMBG999: (2)beuty AlisandeC: (2)WHAT??? TKelley468: (2)quell? JMorrow407: (2)Pert TMBG999: (2)HEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHHEHEEH SPIN FAGS Bobo123456: (2)Plus AlisandeC: (2)Short'n'Sassy? JMorrow407: (2)Vibrance John Puff: I use Aveda hair care products supplied in a big free box from Elektra from last Xmas SPINmc: Keoti: Question: Is John typing or dictating? John Puff: I am typing JMorrow407: (2)NO!!!!! JMorrow407: (2)NONONO!! AlisandeC: (2)Ew. Bobo123456: (2)typing very slowly PhilTheBob: (2)*sob* John Puff: CANT YOUR TELLL? AlisandeC: (2)Now I KNOW I prefer Linnell. Bobo123456: (2)haha SPINmc: Okay...I'm gonna ask the last question... JMorrow407: (2)I may cry TMBG999: (2)yeah AlisandeC: (2)Boohoo. SPINmc: Will there be a follow up Mono Puff album? JMorrow407: (2) Mr Garcia: (2)please be ours. TMBG999: (2)I may just make Bare Naked Ladies my number 1 now JMorrow407: (2)Jon? Bobo123456: (2)I'm crying... Bobo123456: (2)Don't call me jeff Mr Garcia: (2)arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh! JMorrow407: (2)Did you hear what 999 said? TMBG999: (2)he shattered my heart Bobo123456: (2)hehe AlisandeC: (2)BNL's good! John Puff: We were actually plannig on recording at the end of August, and we already have a title: JMorrow407: (2)Hmm... TMBG999: (2)they kick ass TMBG999: (2)I just saw them JMorrow407: (2)BNL.... gotta try 'em John Puff: which I won't say Mr Garcia: (2)took my precious drems and smashed them inti a trillion pieces John Puff: but PhilTheBob: (2)One bad interview does not wreck a band! It's Spin's fault (Although BNL are great) JMorrow407: (2)This annoying kid has been thinking of trying them... Jon something John Puff: since the new TMBG record will be out in the beginning of October TMBG999: (2)who JMorrow407: (2)YES! JMorrow407: (2)BNL AlisandeC: (2)YAYAY! TMBG999: (2)I love the ladies Mr Garcia: (2)is lou zer there? John Puff: we have got to get the BIG show together, and that is going to take up all my time. TMBG999: (2)those little canadians are great JMorrow407: (2)Jon... Send me a message after... TMBG999: (2)I just saw them here in Chicago PhilTheBob: (2)"I Know" off Born on a Pirate Ship is BNL's best song. AlisandeC: (2)"This is me in Grade Nine, baby, this is me in Grade Nine!" A22TMBG: (2)I am thouroly dis appointed TMBG999: (2)yeah that is kewl TMBG999: (2)I'm as well posses TMBG999: (2)pisses TMBG999: (2)pissed sorry JMorrow407: (2)lern 2 tipe John Puff: If someone wants to post in the Mono Puff/John Flansburgh message board, I'm going to John Puff: see if I can collect enough "ten free hours" discs to never have to actually pay to be on JMorrow407: (2)AOL message boards *shudder* Mr Garcia: (2)stop ending in the middle of sentences? JMorrow407: (2)He's broke John Puff: this thing. I encourage all of you to break free from the chains of your computers and wal JMorrow407: (2)wal? JMorrow407: (2)I will! JMorrow407: (2)Let's wal! PhilTheBob: (2)Okay, Mr Garcia. He's ending in the middle of words now. John Puff: k out into the cool night air! Good night! SPINmc: Thank you, John Flansburgh for chatting with us...Now the question for the signed CD's... PhilTheBob: (2)You got your wish SPINmc: (AOL thanks you by the way...) TMBG999: (2)Wach its the Mr Garcia: (2)i9t's sur cold out here TMBG999: (2)what is Mono Puff crappy question TMBG999: (2)cont. SPINmc: The first 5 people who can email to the address John Puff the name of John's fave cereal.. JMorrow407: (2)Yes! SPINmc: Will win a signed CD! SPINmc: Go email to John Puff now! SPINmc: John's fave cereal is ______ ? SPINmc: Thanks everyone for coming to the SPINonline chat with John Flansburgh! SPINmc: We'll see you next time... PhilTheBob: (2)Were we supposed to include our address in our e-mail? How do we get our cd? PhilTheBob: (2)Not that I think I won or anything. Crickettx2: (2)it WAS "Yes", wasn't it? PhilTheBob: (2)yes. SPINmc: Drop by the SPINonline Chat Pit on Friday at 6pm ET for the *new* Puppet Advice Show! Crickettx2: (2)TU, Phil Bobo123456: (2)You know who you sent mail to. SPINmc: Good Night all! AlisandeC: (2)Yes. SPINmc: We'll be back soon...and remember...We're smelling you! Bobo123456: (2)HAHA Mr Garcia: (2)what kind of cereal is yes AlisandeC: (2)How droll. PhilTheBob: (2)Apparently, SPINmc gets his jokes from You Can't Do That On Television. A22TMBG: (2)I waisted onine hours Crickettx2: (2)like Malt-o-meal, only not as nasty AlisandeC: (2)This was a disappointment. --=====================_835167166==_-- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 21:06:09 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: movie On Wed, 19 Jun 1996 Drayco@aol.com wrote: > on 6/19/96, Chris Kopenec was known to remark: > >I DID BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!! > wow. That movie costs like $60. You must be really devoted. > sixty bux? i musta gotten a deal..uh...15 bux brand new from suncoast *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( albatross@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( kopenec@tenet.edu )*=- ------------------------------ From: obsequious.dead.yak@bbs.yab.com Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 19:01:14 -0500 Subject: Fingertips. Something that was fairly obviously about this song just recently occured to me. The stretches from #17, to #37. That's 20 songs. So I figure that the 2 johns just made up a short little statement about each of their fingertips. I've read a few Interpretations about this song(such as, flipping through the radio.. etc..), and never did I see this mentioned.. Anyhow, there's my interpretation. Obsequious Dead Yak deadyak@bbs.yab.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 02:28:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Cowtown Subject: Flans on AOL Well, I just read the transcript of the little Q & A session, and I must say I'm glad I wasn't there. It pained me enough to read it after the fact. But Flans was very nice - I would have told everyone to ask meaningful questions about Mono Puff, and stop being such idiots. But that's just me. Amy :) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-172 ******************************