Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-177 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 177 Tuesday, 25 June 1996 Today's Topics: 120 Minutes and trivia RE: Satan Hanging Four. Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 Re: Flans on NYC radio - plea for tape. Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 i'm back!!!! i'm back!!!! (cont'd) Religion on this list Re: Religion on this list Re: Religion on this list tmbg cereal Re: Religion on this list Re: 120 Minutes and trivia Re: Religion on this list Re: Religion on this list Re: Religion on the list Re: Religion on the list pointlessness abounds! TMBG + schoolhouse rock *sniffle* TMBG store??? Re: TMBG + schoolhouse rock Re: TMBG store??? schoolhouse rock and MTV tmbg know it all's Re: pointlessness abounds! Longines Symphonette Re: schoolhouse rock and MTV They Might be Unitarians? hello Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 03:43:29 -0400 (EDT) From: Cowtown Subject: 120 Minutes and trivia I also stayed up to watch 120 minutes, suffered thru some pretty bad stuff (in my opinion, anyhow) and for what? Nothing, no Mono Puff, no mention. *sigh* When will the injustice end?!?! :) On a different note, my local paper carries a trivia blurb every day, and I happened to glance over it the other day. One of the questions was: What political party did James K. Polk belong to? I had to laugh to myself, b/c I would not have had a clue who he even was if not for TMBG. Who says music today isn't educational?! Amy :) Cowtown@tmbg.org "Everyone looks naked when you know the world's address" ------------------------------ From: john@msd.measurex.com (John Pletikapich) Subject: RE: Satan Hanging Four. Date: Mon, 24 Jun 96 8:46:36 EDT >I was under the impression he said: >"He couldn't compete \ Because he was hindered by his clumsy feet." > ...hindered by his CLOVEN feet. form Webster's: cloven foot (or hoof) : a foot divided by a cleft, as in the ox, deer and sheep: used as a symbol of the Devil, who is usually pictured with such hoofs. Not trying to be a know-it-all, just tring to clarify :) -- John P ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncac.snc.edu (CJ Kucera) Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 08:24:27 -0500 (CDT) > Another thing: Transformers the Movie is the pinnacle of American > animation (This isn't up for debate), and yet, it's now Out-of-print. WHAT????? *snivel* Bastards..... They're all bastards...... I'm gonna go out and rent some Thundercats episodes now...... -CJ, who just ended up sad. "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`'~"`"~"~`"~"~~~'`'~'~"`"`"<<>>~""~"~"~"~'`'`"~'""~~'`"`"~'`~"`' CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 10:03:59 -0400 (EDT) From: Sarah Kunz Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Bill Laird wrote: > I just got done watching 120 minutes 15-20 minutes ago, and no Monopuff was to be seen. I missed my favourite radio show to > see it. I have to be up EARLY tomorrow, but I WANTED TO SEE "The Devil > Went Down to Newport," but was any forthcoming? you know what i suggest? go tot the mtv online site, and go to the 120 minutes section. there they have the address for 120 minutes, which is minutes120@mtv.com if we flood their mailbox with requestes for "the devil went down to newport", they just may play it. just a suggestion. ;) sarah ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: Flans on NYC radio - plea for tape. Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 09:10:06 -0500 (EST) > So, if anyone has a tape of the program, or more specifically, of the TMBG > version of "New York City" I beg of you, please e-mail me, and hopefully we > can work out a deal. > Ditto for me. If you have this or any other radio appearances (or any neat TMBG stuff, for that matter), I'd love to get a copy. Chances are good that I'll have something to trade you for it. Check out my web page if you're interested: http://omni.cc.purdue.edu/~coon/trade.html Thanks!! m@t (end of commercial) ------------------------------ Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:31:00 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Tim Baby: > There's a few things that I hate about some TMBG fans. The first >thing is that some people think they know all there is to know and they >think they are so cool. We do. We are (though it's not due to our TMBG knowledge; indeed, it's likely the other way around.) And you are too, until proven otherwise. ;) > Relating to that, the second thing I hate... Because they are so full of >their own crap, and coz they think they know soooo much, they get off on >correcting people of little mistakes about TMBG. They like to tease the >less knowledgeable about their lack of TMBG knowledge. I don't know a hell Those who truly Know do not share their knowledge because they want to "tease" those who Do Not Yet Know, but because they want to pass their Knowledge on to others, need and exciting ideas are synthesized, and everybody benefits. There are those who Do Not Truly Know, who sometimes choose to be rude to those they attempt to educate. They heed not the First Rule of Electronic Mail: "If you're angry now, send it tomorrow. If you're still angry tomorrow, delete it and forget about it." One should remember also the Second Axiom of USENet: "Remember that you, too, were once a newbie." True education can never occur when prefixed with "You moron. I can't believe how stupid you are not to know this." >and their stuff to death and want more stuff of theirs... I wanna learn >heaps more stuff about their new music and things like that. I don't wanna That's one of the most important goals of this list. And amidst the occasional noise, much knowledge is shared. Much of it is collected in the FAQ, which also exists primarily for educational purposes. While it is sometimes frustrating when new users do not read the FAQ and immediately post questions answered in the FAQ, it is important for us "oldbies" to be patient and understanding when instructing a new user on the finer points of netiquette. -CB, rambling and pointless because it's Monday. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 12:30:21 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 23-Jun-96 Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-174 by Deanna Rubin@CMU.EDU >btw, on the experts/whatever thread.. some of us happen to like >knowing lots of trivia about lots of bands. i try my best to never go >"oh, i'm an expert, i know all about TMBG", because I obviously don't, >but it's pretty annoying when people post here who know near nothing >about TMBG and ask stupid questions or assert the same thing that's >already been posted ten billion times by every other person who shows >up here and thinks "Oh my god, I'm so brilliant because I learned how >to play tapes backward, and I'm only 14" or whatever. Oh, so you do that, too? I suppose that to most people, learning "more than is necessary" about any particular thing woud be considered obsessing about it. Of course, if no one ever tried to learn all they could about things, we'd still be in the stone age. I did pretty much the same thing, and have pretty much the same attitude towards "knowledge." But most importantly, everyone reading this mailing list knows one thing about TMBG - and that's that they're a really great group and make excellent music. And really, that's all that matters. Y'know, I've noticed that posting a message on a mailing list or newsgroup is like gambling - only you always win something You put in 2 cents, and then get 2 cents from everyone else. (don't I wish it was real - flame wars would be a lot more interesting, anyway :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:52:51 -0500 From: Braham Ketcham Subject: i'm back!!!! hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha..... i'll stop. i'm back! see y'all later! i'm back! okay, i'm done. Braham Ketcham! | "I like people, they're the ones who _____________________________| can't stand... I see smoke signals com- www.salamander.com/~hexagon | ing from them, they say 'We are out of =83ort=E9, Web Tower, and more! | furniture.'" - They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:53:51 -0500 From: Braham Ketcham Subject: i'm back!!!! (cont'd) oh, yeah.... tmbg rules!!!! Braham Ketcham! | "I like people, they're the ones who _____________________________| can't stand... I see smoke signals com- www.salamander.com/~hexagon | ing from them, they say 'We are out of =83ort=E9, Web Tower, and more! | furniture.'" - They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: "BlueDawg" Subject: Religion on this list Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 12:29:39 -0400 No. Don't even start. If this list becomes a discussion of Religion, in any way, shape, or form, I will be forced to leave. Religion and politics are two things that are definitely not welcome. If you feel the same way I do, just post a quick reply. -- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com bluedawg@tmbg.org, BlueDawg on IRC, Jeep Driver Hey, check out my website!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "I hit my head, now I'm left-handed"--John Flansburgh ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:39:17 -0400 (EDT) From: Fransburgh Subject: Re: Religion on this list > No. Don't even start. If this list becomes a discussion of Religion, in > any way, shape, or form, I will be forced to leave. Religion and politics > are two things that are definitely not welcome. > > If you feel the same way I do, just post a quick reply. ok... there are too many variances of opinion and such concerning these two topics, i agree... keep it private, please! the rumour that the Johns are Unitarian could simply be a result of the fact that Thay seem quite accepting, etc...let's not worry about what religion They practice, though...we'll never know for sure, unless They themselves tell us... ok, bluedawg, there ya go! looking for the devil EP today... --fransburgh ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncac.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: Religion on this list Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 12:47:48 -0500 (CDT) > No. Don't even start. If this list becomes a discussion of Religion, in > any way, shape, or form, I will be forced to leave. Religion and politics > are two things that are definitely not welcome. > > If you feel the same way I do, just post a quick reply. No, in fact I don't feel the same way you do, but I still feel this merits a quick reply. There was some curiosity about what Unitarianism was all about and there was one post explaining it. If you feel so strongly about not having religion on the list, just delete the message, you'll never know it was there. I was a little fuzzy on the concept myself, and I was glad for the post. And who made you the Keeper of the List, so you can decide what's welcome and what's not? "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`'~"`"~"~`"~"~~~'`'~'~"`"`"<<>>~""~"~"~"~'`'`"~'""~~'`"`"~'`~"`' CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:17:04 -0500 From: vdanklef@facstaff.wisc.edu (Vicki Sullivan Danklefsen) Subject: tmbg cereal <> Matt, is this the John Henry coffee beans with milk poured over them?! Yummy! Vix -------------------- Editor CHS Public Affairs UW-Madison ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Religion on this list Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:19:43 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of BlueDawg: >No. Don't even start. If this list becomes a discussion of Religion, in >any way, shape, or form, I will be forced to leave. Religion and politics >are two things that are definitely not welcome. So we're not allowed to discuss "Kiss Me, Son of God", "James K. Polk", or "Particle Man" anymore? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:35:00 -0400 From: seta@spectra.net (Amy ) Subject: Re: 120 Minutes and trivia Me too, i stayed up to watch it too. Where was Mono Puff? :( Oh well, maybe next week? That one video was kinda funny, it was on Beavis and Butthead the other day- Plantman by Gary Young i think it was. >I also stayed up to watch 120 minutes, suffered thru some pretty bad >stuff (in my opinion, anyhow) and for what? Nothing, no Mono Puff, no >mention. *sigh* When will the injustice end?!?! :) > >On a different note, my local paper carries a trivia blurb every day, and >I happened to glance over it the other day. One of the questions was: >What political party did James K. Polk belong to? I had to laugh to >myself, b/c I would not have had a clue who he even was if not for TMBG. >Who says music today isn't educational?! > >Amy :) >Cowtown@tmbg.org >"Everyone looks naked when you know the world's address" > =================== AmY seta@spectra.net amy@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3540 anangel@tmbg.org =================== C\_/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 16:03:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: Religion on this list Um, Particle Man? Excuse me, but what does Particle Man have to do with either religion *or* politics? I think you meant to say the one before it: "Your Racist Friend." You also forgot "I Should Be Allowed to Think," "Dirt Bike," and "Whistling in the Dark." :) Get real, everyone. A little bit of intelligent discussion never hurt anyone. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Religion on this list Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 15:37:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Lawrence P Solomon: >Um, Particle Man? Excuse me, but what does Particle Man have to do with >either religion *or* politics? Previous interpretations have argued that Triangle Man may represent the Holy Trinity or the three branches of the American government. (I didn't list other songs since I was looking for a single example of each and one of both. I'm certain that your list could be extended, too :) >Get real, everyone. A little bit of intelligent discussion never >hurt anyone. I believe BlueDawg's reasoning is Fear of FlameFests, which is a legitimate concern. For example, when That One Topic Of Which We Will Never Again Speak came up, the smell of toast was everywhere. If I recall correctly, the original poster got fried for bringing up the topic, and 2 of us made somewhat serious attempts to analyse Their music in terms of That Topic. At any rate, telling people not to post about a subject can have only the opposite effect. -CB ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 16:27:37 -0400 (EDT) From: Eric Webber Subject: Re: Religion on the list On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Christopher J. Kucera wrote: > > There was some curiosity about what Unitarianism was all about and there was > one post explaining it. If you feel so strongly about not having religion > on the list, just delete the message, you'll never know it was there. I was a > little fuzzy on the concept myself, and I was glad for the post. And who > made you the Keeper of the List, so you can decide what's welcome and what's > not? > > "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, > the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante > ~""`'~"`"~"~`"~"~~~'`'~'~"`"`"<<>>~""~"~"~"~'`'`"~'""~~'`"`"~'`~"`' > CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez I believe the list administrator, who is keeper of the list said that topics other than TMBG are not welcome. As for the "just delete it" idea... how would you like it if i started posting all kinds of off-topics? You'd get pretty sick of deleting. I subscribed to this list to READ messages, not to delete them unread. take it easy, Wubba P.S. If you're looking for info on Unitarians go find it on some religion faq or somethin'. There's plenty of ways to search for info on the internet, don't be afraid to use them. ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncac.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: Religion on the list Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 16:09:00 -0500 (CDT) > I believe the list administrator, who is keeper of the list said that > topics other than TMBG are not welcome. As for the "just delete it" > idea... how would you like it if i started posting all kinds of > off-topics? You'd get pretty sick of deleting. I subscribed to this list > to READ messages, not to delete them unread. Yeah, but one post about something that might be a little bit off the wall in order to maybe clear up a little confusion never hurt anyone. And honestly, I really wouldn't care about off-topic discussions. heck, I never even cared about all that buttknob stuff that was going around awhile ago... My "D" key is working just fine, still. > P.S. If you're looking for info on Unitarians go find it on some religion > faq or somethin'. There's plenty of ways to search for info on the > internet, don't be afraid to use them. I just thought it was kind of nice to have it sent to the list. -CJ "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`'~"`"~"~`"~"~~~'`'~'~"~~"`"`"<<>>~""~~~"~"~'`'`"~'""~~'`"`"~'`~"`' CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ From: simpatico@daccess.net Date: 24 Jun 1996 17:36:54 EDT Subject: pointlessness abounds! I noticed something neat today. I was watching an old video with 120 Minutes stuff on it, and at the beginning of the tape it caught the end of a Squirt tv episode. They were showing clips from when the show used to be on cable access, and at one part where the two guys are sitting there talking about some Mr T. air freshener, Jake is wearing a Dial-A-Song t-shirt! And to think I always thought he was in bad taste. :) Amanda D. KosherBacon@tmbg.org www.Geocities.com/SunsetStrip/5578 ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 17:47:37 -0400 Subject: TMBG + schoolhouse rock As I was singing "James K. Polk" this morning, I thought of a great idea. Has anybody ever seen Schoolhouse Rock? We watched it junior year in my U.S. History class (the pertinent ones). I loved those little 5-minute ditties. They have even come up with new recordings of the best ones by famous artists. Anyway, so I was thinking that TMBG is kind of like this show. I mean they have the history lessons in "JKPolk" and "I(NC) , and the science lessons in "WDTSS" and "Mammal". Now, SHR had English lessons such as "Conjuntion Junction", counting lessons "3 is the Magic Number", etc. I think that TMBG (to satisfy a complete education) should release some songs about Math, Foreign Language, English, etc. You know, the classes that you _have_ to take in high school. Just a thought. :) tucker "I'm just a bill, sittin' on Capitol Hill" ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 09:18:27 -0400 Subject: *sniffle* I've got to go... I've got to unsubscribe the list... I've got to subscribe the digest... I've got to go camping... I've got to bring all eight of my tmbg cds, my 2 mono puffs and my bf5 cd... I can't bring my Violent Femmes, Ween, Blur, Primus, and whatever... Too self-explanatory... I don't want to go camping... People on telnet... Say hi to other people on telnet for me... I'm sad and unhappy... TMBG... a spooky man named me I wish that I could jump out of my .sig ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 17:56:58 -0400 Subject: TMBG store??? As I woke up this morning (don't ask me why I had all of these thoughts today on TMBG), I remembered my dream that I had last night about TMBG. I was living in Chicago (I do in real life), and I had heard about a TMBG store opening downtown. I begged my friends to come down with me, even though they hate TMBG (no taste at all!). Anyway, we get down there, and there was a huge line waiting to get into the store. When I finally got in, I saw rows and rows of imports, videos, little trinkets, shirts, shorts, shoes (!), beach towels, etc. It was amazing! Anyway, in my dream I talked with other fans, stayed until the store closed that night, I almost missed my train home, and my friends were pissed. But I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have shops all over the country that are pretty much for TMBG stuff? It would kind of be like the Dead/Phish hippie stores that are all over the place. You know, we could have our own kind of 'culture'. Just a thought! :) tucker ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:51:03 -0400 From: seta@spectra.net (Amy ) Subject: Re: TMBG + schoolhouse rock > We watched it junior year in >my U.S. History class (the pertinent ones). I loved those little 5-minute >ditties. So did we!! we watched the bill one, the preamble one and the shot heard round the world one :) they ruled! =================== AmY seta@spectra.net amy@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3540 anangel@tmbg.org =================== C\_/ ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncac.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: TMBG store??? Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:07:14 -0500 (CDT) > was living in Chicago (I do in real life), and I had heard about a TMBG store > opening downtown. I begged my friends to come down with me, even though they > hate TMBG (no taste at all!). Anyway, we get down there, and there was a > huge line waiting to get into the store. > When I finally got in, I saw rows and rows of imports, videos, little > trinkets, shirts, shorts, shoes (!), beach towels, etc. It was amazing! Oooooooooohhhhh...... <<>> I always hated waking up from dreams like that... it's always some annoying alarm clock or just your body trying to taunt you, and you're sad for the rest of the day because you couldn't stay there. *pout* But yes, that would be unbelievable! It'd have to be a little corner-of-the- building kind of thing, where there was just a really thin space in the middle of a crowded block [1], with just some stairs leading down to a basement, and you'd go down there and open a happy-looking door, and then all of a sudden you'd be greeted by nice, even happier lights with TMBG paraphenalia [2] all around and the Music of the Gods playing quietly in the background [3] and lots of happy TMBGers walking around basking in the Infinite Glory of They and then after hours of pure bliss, you walk back out onto the street and watch a lot of people walking past, oblivious to the wonderful joy of They, and you'd smile to yourself knowing that you knew about something they didn't and then walk happily home with the free single they handed out to you because you were humming/singing/whistling to the music in the background [4]. [5] -CJ, who obviously has a little too much free time [1] +----------------+ || | | XXX <--- Sears tower in +---------+ | XXXX background | | +-------------------+ | | | | | + +---+ +------------------+ | Borders | Tower | | Egghead | Some | | Music | Records | | Software | Chinese | | and | | | | Food | | Books | | | | Place | ------+---------+------------+-^-+-------------------+------------------+------ | Small, thin, opening with stairs leading downward [2] sp??? [3] Except for songs like Don't Let's Start or Istanbul, etc, which would be played loudly [4] Again, except for the songs like Don't Let's Start, which weren't in the background [5] At least that's how I'd make it... "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`'~"`"~"~`"~"~~~'`'~'~"~~"`"`"<<>>~""~~~"~"~'`'`"~'""~~'`"`"~'`~"`' CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 17:20:42 From: GuavaBoy9@gnn.com (Justin Tittelfitz) Subject: schoolhouse rock and MTV A while ago, my friend, Erick, and I were watching MTV, when some low-budget show came on, hosted by some kid about 16 or 17. SquirtTV, I thing it was called. Anyway, as the show was fading in, Erick and I were pleased to hear . . . MINIMUM WAGE, YAAH! Pretty cool, huh? Also, someone mentioned schoolhouse rock, and how some TMBG songs were educational, such as istanbul, James K. Polk, and Mammals. Not to pick on him, but he failed to mention MEET JAMES ENSOR, one of MY favorite songs. Also, Purple Toupee could possibly be considered educational, since it mentions (jumbled) historical events. /// Justin Tittelfitz \\\ Guava Boy9@aol.com Guava Boy9@gnn.com JoJo638433@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 16:38:24 -0700 From: Tim Babbel Subject: tmbg know it all's Fellow TMBG fans, and fanatics... Yeah yeah yeah, so everyone hates those who pose as TMBG fans, but don't know a thing about the group, big deal, I've got all of the TMBG albums, and I'm working on the singles, I've got some bootleg videos, some interviews, pic's yadda yadda yadda, and you know, to tell the truth, I don't know very much about the John's myself. Where they grew up, where they went to school, their shoe size, what cartoon characters were on their underoos!! This post may be a little outdated, but I mean, come on people, the only thing to know about this band, is that they rock, and those who claim infinate knowledge about the band, are missing the most important fact, that this is the best band, who doesn't even care about the mainstream. I see more and more people wearing TMBG apparel, who haven't even heard one-tenth of their total compialation, and yet, I look at it this way, these people are doing what TMBG needs the most, ADVERTISING!!! This has been mentioned before, that TMBG is considered to be a college band, they need exposure people!! A diamond in the rough band such as this one needs all the help it can get to get noticed! I too get sick of the screaming fourteen and fifteen year old's at the concerts, but let's not be selfish here. TMBG dosn't only play for the people who know every little detail about them, like how many creams John F. puts in his coffee, they play for all who wish to listen....."if there's any more people around, when the tour runs a ground, and if you're still around, then we'll meat at the end of the tour" Which, by the way, I personally hope, never happens. tbabbel@ix.netcom.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 20:26:06 -0400 Subject: Re: pointlessness abounds! << I was watching an old video with 120 Minutes stuff on it, and at the beginning of <The Longines Symphonette were albums of "light" classical fare. John The high performance watchmaker Longines also came out with a ladies model some time ago. Longines' advertising campaign was something about it never stops running. ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 22:50:22 -0400 Subject: Re: schoolhouse rock and MTV ' --------------------- Forwarded message: Subj: Re: schoolhouse rock and MTV Date: 96-06-24 22:49:16 EDT From: KTUCKER3 To: GuavaBoy9@gnn.com >but he failed to mention MEET JAMES ENSOR, one >of MY favorite songs. Also, Purple Toupee could possibly be >considered educational, since it mentions (jumbled) historical >events. Well, first of all, I'm a woman, but that's okay. Good suggestions though-thanks! I was just naming a few off the top of my head. tucker ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 23:00:02 -0700 (PDT) From: cowgods@teleport.com (CowGod) Subject: They Might be Unitarians? Neeto. I'm also a Unitarian - I guess that's at least three accounted for on the list. Most of my Unitarian friends are TMBG fans too.. Sooo.. wow. Maybe it goes beyond Unitarians.. maybe it goes to other less-accepted religions according to SOME Christians (don't flame me, but I've gotten a lot of bull from several strict Christians, however, I am not against Christianity or those in the Christian religion).... my best friend once asked me, 'What is it about TMBG? It seems every Mormon I know is an avid fan.' So, hm. Yet again, PLEASE don't flame me. hehe. The Almighty Cowgod "I'm goin' down to Cowtown, the cow's a friend to me..." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 20:52:56 -1000 From: psss@pixi.com (Sarah Cooke) Subject: hello Hi everybody. This is my first time appearing on this list, but I've been lurking for quite some time. Ha! Double meaning subject! Is the "Unsupervised" album exactly the same as the one from the Hello Club? Sarah Cooke Meanwhile, in a distant city, a secret meeting is about to be held secretly. -Speed Racer ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-177 ******************************