Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-183 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 183 Monday, 1 July 1996 Today's Topics: Show em fellas! DeVil mail My new job Re: My new job Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-182 Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 11:34:17 -0400 From: frankh@awod.com (Bejezus) Subject: Show em fellas! >They Might Be Giants new album IS NOT Freaksickle and he said it will >probally never be relased because Elktra doesn't feel that is well he >said something to the effect of Trendy. (Freaksickle that is) Someone get the Elektra e-mail add. and let's show them how f--kin trendy it would be! We might not be able to get a video on the air or a song on the charts, but goddamit we are NOT going to be cheated out of TMBG material by some big wig record jackoffs! Are you behind me people?!? Do you love your Giants?!? Les do dis, Brother JohnBejezus * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Here is my sig. My sig is here. Don't ask questions of the inquisitor. * The end is near. Not the end of the world or the nation or even the day * just the end of my sig. Now we all exist as a series of 1's and 0's. * The binary Universe is here. So is my sig. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: DeVil Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 18:02:30 -0400 (EDT) Well I picked up that Devil EP finally today. It is pretty good. I'm not sure I'm so keen on that Totally Remade Devil but the rest is great. It's good to hear Triptophane again. I noticed that on both The Devil and Oddball Flans sounds like Frank Black. Now for Oddball I can understand since he wrote the song but that was strange how he sounds like Mr. Black on the Devil too. Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:12:32 -0400 Subject: mail Hey Guys! I thought that leaving for 3 days would overflow my mailbox, but luckily, this weekend was pretty slow. By the way, don't go to Indianapolis (IN) if you don't have to. It was really boring because we only got to play one match a day, so then you shopped/ did nothing the rest of the day. And, the worst part is, I have to go back later in July!! :( tucker ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 22:06:15 -0400 (EDT) From: Cowtown Subject: My new job I just got a job working at a grocery store, in the deli department. We sell Dinner Bell lunchmeat there, so you can guess which song is running through my head for 8 straight hours every day! Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 00:06:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: My new job On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Cowtown wrote: > I just got a job working at a grocery store, in the deli department. We > sell Dinner Bell lunchmeat there, so you can guess which song is running > through my head for 8 straight hours every day! > > Amy :) > Send me a package! *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/kopenec/ )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 01:13:45 -0500 (CDT) From: Capstick Jennifer M Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-182 I was just wondering, what is ATC? Is it some sort of cable show or something? I've never had cable, but i will this fall, and i was wonderign just what sort of show it was and if anyone would be wiling to tape it so that i ight be able to see it.... just curious, Jennifer <<<<>>>>>> _>><<<<>>>>>>>>> \<<<<< < >>>>>>>>> "Fantasy through the mystic ages -----------===<=<< <<<<<<<> has been a dream world of love" << @ _/ <<<<>>/ | | |