Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-188 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 188 Saturday, 6 July 1996 Today's Topics: Flansburgh Here, (fwd) Re: Hello again, what a mess. GEORGIA?!?!?!?! re:GEORGIA?!?!?!?! Driving Music test ATC Dr. Kildare, etc... Re: Dr. Kildare, etc... Re: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! Re: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! Re: Hello again, what a mess. ATC Driving Music Devil EP Flans here Re: Hello again, what a mess. Felt-tip pen Re: Dr. Kildare, etc... Re: Hello again, what a mess. Re: Hello again, what a mess. New 'bum Re: Hello again, what a mess. video SenSurround Re: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! Re: Driving Music Re: New 'bum Telenet ATC, yes again... Re: Dr. Kildare, etc... LoFi Experience Telent Re: RE: tmbg know it all's Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 03:35:38 -0400 (EDT) From: Groove Child Subject: Flansburgh Here, (fwd) Okay, here's a message from the Flans man posted to the newsgroup but not to us. boo hoo. Definitive information from the horse's mouth! Nola ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: 30 JUN 1996 16:04:08 -0400 From: Hello Club Newgroups: alt.music.tmbg Subject: Flansburgh Here, Hey, I'm restlessly waiting in a dressing room in Washington DC for this Mono Puff show with my pal Mike's computer and I just wanted to bring anyone interested up to date on some up coming stuff. TMBGs singley ep (with B sides is going to be out in September on Elektra, and the album is going to be out in October. The title won't be "Chimp" or "At Large", and might be "Boro-Wide" or my current favorite "Factory Showroom" but we haven't really discussed that with anyone, so who knows what everyone can agree on. Songs will include How Can I Sing Like A Girl?, Certain People I Could Name, S-E-X-X-Y, Pet Name, Exquisite Dead Guy, Rat Patrol, New York City, I Can Hear You, and a bunch more I can't remember. Up coming shows in DC, NYC and NJ in the middle of August, St Louis is now either August or Sept., and we'll hit the road at the end of Sept. I am going to do an on-line chat on Sonic Net on July 11 for Mono Puff, and am doing a tour diary over at that SpinOnLine thing on AOL under "Mono Puff." Get your ten free hours, and stop in and say hello. Later Flans ------------------------------ Date: 05 Jul 96 09:01:21 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: Re: Hello again, what a mess. --- Silly Mikey Wrote: I much prefer the Adam Bernstein videos. (My fave is Puppet Head, though Ana Ng follows closely). I hope maybe they'll let me do a video for them one day. :-) --- end of quoted material --- Finnaly! Somone else is drawn to the pupet head video. It seems that either no one else on the list is or they just don't care :) Rob ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 09:07:23 -0400 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Subject: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! Hey all!! Hope your all enjoyin' this week-ends festivities in the good ol' US of A. Anyhoo, I went to the MTV 120 Minutes address and they have Mono Puff listed but under a WRONG song title!! It says Mono Puff: The Devil Went Down To Georgia. ^^^^^^^^ Here's the URL: http://www.mtv.com/music/120min/ AAAAAAHHHH!!! Write your congressman to get this changed!!!! drg ------------------------------ From: simpatico@daccess.net Date: 5 Jul 1996 09:20:46 EDT Subject: re:GEORGIA?!?!?!?! GO>120 Minutes address and they have Mono Puff listed but under a WRONG song title!! GO>It says Mono Puff: The Devil Went Down To Georgia. Ackkk! That is a Charlie Daniels Song! (For those who don't know, Charlie Daniels is some hick fiddle player. Actually, he is pretty amusing sometimes.) I wonder how the hip cats at Mtv mixed up that one? Amanda D. KosherBacon@tmbg.org www.Geocities.com/SunsetStrip/5578 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 12:33 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Driving Music I'm going on a LONG trip to Montana next month, and I'm putting together a mix tape of driving music, so I was wondering if I could get some suggestions as to good tmbg songs to listen to while you drive. I'm hoping that maybe it'll keep my little brothers occupied and prevent them from driving me and the other occupants of the car completely nuts. spanx! crow ps to Brother John - Hey, I might've been introduced to tmbg thru a cartoon, but that was two years ago, and I'll have you know I own every single album, not just flood. (no offense taken, really :) I just had to have my equal time... ). -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "...Now he says he's seen the light and sold his to punk!" -The Sex Pistols "No One is Innocent" kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow ------------------------------ From: gmn7y@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 12:52:37 -0400 Subject: test this is a test. Sorry for the inconvenience. Greg ------------------------------ Date: 05 Jul 96 13:20:56 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: ATC To anyone who missed the monopuff interview yesterday on all things considred, that wasn't bright. Here is my review: Unsupervised: Not a whole lot different from album, nice bongo part though. Felt tip Pen: Love it. Slower but stronger. Distant antenna: Same but with that guy doing the vocals. Snipet of guitar was the case: Not different. Careless Santa: Odd. Where did this come from? Nixon's the one: Better than album somehow. Did anyone get it on tape? I'd love to hear it again. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 12:32:40 -0500 From: Andrew W Puckett Subject: Dr. Kildare, etc... I'm going to bring up an old thread here...I hope no one minds. It's the one where someone called ska "mindless crap" or something to that effect. Anyway, then someone related MonoPuff's "Dr. Kildare" to No Doubt's "Spiderwebs," and that someone was right, they do sound similar, because they are both SKA! Do you hear those rhythm guitar upbeats? Those horns? The drum beats on two and four? Roughly, that makes it ska! So, I certainly hope you're not implying that our very own John is a "mindless" entertainer, or I shall have to ask you to step outside! andy PUCKett puck@apci.net ------------------------------ Date: 05 Jul 96 13:44:55 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: Re: Dr. Kildare, etc... --- Andy king of the redead wrote: Anyway, then someone related MonoPuff's "Dr. Kildare" to No Doubt's "Spiderwebs," and that someone was right, they do sound similar, because they are both SKA! Do you hear those rhythm guitar upbeats? Those horns? The drum beats on two and four? Roughly, that makes it ska! --- end of quoted material --- That's the other song that I forgot on ATC. It does sound like Ska and John even admitted it was ska inspired in the interview. Tmbg are not all ska, early on the were barely ska at all, now I'd say they're 62 1/2 percent ska. ------------------------------ From: "BlueDawg" Subject: Re: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 11:39:12 -0400 Just another example of EmptyV's ignorance. A band with Iggy Pop's bassist and half of They Might Be Giants doing a Charley Daniels cover? I think not. EmptyV, training Democrats for the future. BlueDawg, Libertarian and sick of it. -- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com bluedawg@tmbg.org, BlueDawg on IRC, Jeep Driver Hey, check out my website!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "Where they burn books, people are next."--Andy Partridge, Books are Burning ---------- : From: David Gonzalez : To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org : Subject: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! : Date: Friday, July 05, 1996 9:07 AM : : : Hey all!! : : Hope your all enjoyin' this week-ends festivities : in the good ol' US of A. Anyhoo, I went to the MTV : 120 Minutes address and they have Mono Puff listed : but under a WRONG song title!! : : It says Mono Puff: The Devil Went Down To Georgia. : ^^^^^^^^ : Here's the URL: : : http://www.mtv.com/music/120min/ : : AAAAAAHHHH!!! Write your congressman to get this changed!!!! : : drg ------------------------------ Subject: Re: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 13:32:02 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of BlueDawg: >A band with Iggy Pop's bassist and half of They Might Be Giants doing a >Charley Daniels cover? > >I think not. Why not? TMBG has done songs in just about every conceivable musical genre. Why would Mono Puff restricts themselves more? -CB ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:36:05 -0400 Subject: Re: Hello again, what a mess. In a message dated 96-07-05 09:05:12 EDT, you write: << I much prefer the Adam Bernstein videos. (My fave is Puppet Head, though Ana Ng follows closely). I hope maybe they'll let me do a video for them one day. :-) --- end of quoted material --- Finnaly! Somone else is drawn to the pupet head video. It seems that either no one else on the list is or they just don't care :) The "Puppet Head" video rocks big time, especially Flans' neck-jerk thing he does at the end! Kay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 14:35:05 -0400 From: John Murray Subject: ATC I Tape the ATC interview, and if you would like a copy e-mail me, and we can setup a trade or some other arrangement. Also I have recorded the interview on my computer and will try to make it avialible to somewhere. I choped it to sections, but the sections will still be big, about 1-2 megs a piece. But that will not be until late tonight, as i'm at work and the files are on my home computer which I do not access to a the moment. -John Murray jmurray@vt.edu ------------------------------ From: simpatico@daccess.net Date: 5 Jul 1996 15:11:38 EDT Subject: Driving Music KB> I'm going on a LONG trip to Montana next month, and I'm putting KB>together a mix tape of driving music, so I was wondering if I could get KB>some suggestions as to good tmbg songs to listen to while you drive. I'm KB>hoping that maybe it'll keep my little brothers occupied and prevent them KB>from driving me and the other occupants of the car completely nuts. Montana? Ouch. Anyhow, from my experience, if you want to avoid driving the occupants of the car nuts I wouldn't bring along any TMBG at all! Once, on my dad and mine's every-two month's trip to Orlando to see my brother, I brought along a mix tape my best friend made me, sort of a "Best of They" compilation. I neglected to bring along anything else, so I let the tape play over and over from the moment we hit the road. He didn't say anything until we pulled into a drive-in at Burger King where the cashier was giving me dirty looks because I was singing "Toddler Highway" and wearing these green swim goggles that I wear when I want to piss off those around me. "This is giving me a headache," he proclaimed. Halfway to Orlando (it's a three hour drive), he asked "can we listen to something else?" I just went "na." Another hour passes, and he finally snapped when I started substituting words from "Youth Culture Killed my Dog" with "Pull over, I gotta pee" and "I want to go to Waffle House". He yelled, foaming at the mouth, "This crap is driving me insane!" Which was unusual, since he usually likes They. He practically ripped the tape out of the player. I thought he was going to throw it out the window to the interstate (good thing he hadn't, I would have jumped out after it!) Since then, he has put a ban on music in the car and invested in headphones for me. The only thing he ever lets me listen to in the car without headphones now is Morrissey's "Your Arsenal" (He likes "You're the one for me, Fatty"). My dad, what a nut. Amanda D. KosherBacon@tmbg.org www.Geocities.com/SunsetStrip/5578 ------------------------------ From: "BlueDawg" Subject: Devil EP Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:31:23 -0400 Bought the Devil EP. It's okay. Is the sticker bumper/weather proof? I think that it'd be cool to have a Jeep with a Mono Puff sticker on the back, but the sticker looks sort of flimsy to me..... BD...gawd, the Libertarian Convention is boring. -- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com bluedawg@tmbg.org, BlueDawg on IRC, Jeep Driver Hey, check out my website!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "Where they burn books, people are next."--Andy Partridge, Books are Burning ------------------------------ From: "BlueDawg" Subject: Flans here Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:34:31 -0400 I think that it is him....he has Mono Puff concert updates on the Spin-OnLine Message board on AOHELL, where he mentioned that the announcer on ATC read the spoken part to "Distant Antenna." Thing is that he posted this message before the ATC interview was aired, on the second of July. He said he was a Newbie, so I would kindly, on his behalf, ask that you not flood his mailbox. Only write him if you have an important question. If the members of the list would like, I'll forward the tour updates to the list. Just let me know. BlueDawg, who is watching the Libertarian Convention on C-SPAN right now. -- S. M. Bergeron idiotnot@ix.netcom.com, idiotnot@aol.com bluedawg@tmbg.org, BlueDawg on IRC, Jeep Driver Hey, check out my website!! http://users.aol.com/idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "Where they burn books, people are next."--Andy Partridge, Books are Burning ---------- : From: Groove Child : To: Listheads : Subject: Flansburgh Here, (fwd) : Date: Friday, July 05, 1996 3:35 AM : : Okay, here's a message from the Flans man posted to the newsgroup but not : to us. boo hoo. Definitive information from the horse's mouth! : Nola : : : ---------- Forwarded message ---------- : Date: 30 JUN 1996 16:04:08 -0400 : From: Hello Club : Newgroups: alt.music.tmbg : Subject: Flansburgh Here, ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 15:46:16 -0400 (EDT) From: "Mike Rose, really" Subject: Re: Hello again, what a mess. On Fri, 5 Jul 1996 Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 96-07-05 09:05:12 EDT, you write: > > << I much prefer the Adam Bernstein videos. (My fave is Puppet Head, though > Ana Ng follows closely). I hope maybe they'll let me do a video for them > one day. :-) > --- end of quoted material --- > Finnaly! Somone else is drawn to the pupet head video. It seems that either > no > one else on the list is or they just don't care :) > > The "Puppet Head" video rocks big time, especially Flans' neck-jerk thing he > does at the end! > > Kay > Yeah I like that but there is this other shot where it is a close up of one of the John's feet jumping up and down, and on the ground you can see a pencil. I always thought it was cool that there was a pencil there. And also the jump seems to take a really long time, and when the feet come down they land on the pencil. I don't know why this is my favourite video, but may be it has something to do with the fact that the song itself is so incredible, and one of my special favourites. I'm also wondering when the profile of this tmbg list will ever begin to approximate the profile of alt.music.tmbg which I do not much care for for some reason. I think there is concern for all when Flans posts to a.m.tmbg and not here. John and Leo work very hard keeping this place running and should be applauded for their efforts. Let's all give them a round of applause. Beer all around. By the way it is Friday so I thought I would tell everyone who has sent me anything in the mail recently, I have not received it yet. Maybe next week. I can't say I'm not concerned, since I have not been having a lot of luck with the post office lately, but let's not panic yet. Anyway, enjoy the weekend all! Your pal, Mike "That's all gentlemen thank you, thank you gentlemen that's all." --Jack Palance, Batman ------------------------------ From: gmn7y@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 16:02:18 -0400 Subject: Felt-tip pen At the DC Mono Puff show I managed to obtain a sheet of paper with Flansburgh's handwriting on it. Looks like the words were written by a red felt-tip pen. The backup bass player told me it was some of the lyrics to "Felt-tip Pen," which at that point had only been written three days prior. What's written seems pretty incomprehensible to me, not like song lyrics, but some of you may be interested, so here goes. STOMACH MORE A BAR OF AN EMPTY A BLACK A SLEEPIN HOLES RIGHT -------------------- AT TEN O'CLOCK / PLAYIN FREE BEER + 8 DOLLAR THAT'S MONEY A PARTY ENDS UP MORNING IN COFFEE ------------------- GUTS ARE / GRACELAND A VACANT LOT A PILE NOW SHE'S THE Questions, comments? Greg ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: Dr. Kildare, etc... Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 15:14:19 -0500 (EST) > Andy PUCKett writes: > The drum beats on two and four? Roughly, that makes it ska! So, I > I believe that the majority of rock music emphasizes beats two and four. Perhaps you mean accents on the offbeats? m@t ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Hello again, what a mess. Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 16:52:56 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Mike Rose, really: >care for for some reason. I think there is concern for all when Flans >posts to a.m.tmbg and not here. John and Leo work very hard keeping this >place running and should be applauded for their efforts. Let's all give Be careful in assigning motives - AOL makes it very easy to access newsgroups but not so easy to find mailing lists. Interesting that we'll now have to alter the FAQ a bit. :) -CB ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: Hello again, what a mess. Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 17:57:07 -0400 (EDT) > In the immortal words of Mike Rose, really: > > >care for for some reason. I think there is concern for all when Flans > >posts to a.m.tmbg and not here. John and Leo work very hard keeping this > >place running and should be applauded for their efforts. Let's all give > > Be careful in assigning motives - AOL makes it very easy to access > newsgroups but not so easy to find mailing lists. I'm working on getting some more direct access to the mailing list for some TMBG people. There are several issues involved there. I'm sure this sort of thing will take a more direct path to the mailing list in the near future. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Tara9Blur@aol.com Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 18:15:28 -0400 Subject: New 'bum Doh! SenSurround and Spiralling Shape are going to be on the new album? That means that I bought Mighty Morphin' and Kids in the Hall for nothing!!! Daaahhh.... -Tara (2) ------------------------------ Date: 05 Jul 96 18:24:21 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: Re: Hello again, what a mess. --- Three different souls(one me) wrote: > << I much prefer the Adam Bernstein videos. (My fave is Puppet Head, though > Ana Ng follows closely). I hope maybe they'll let me do a video for them > one day. :-) > --- end of quoted material --- > Finnaly! Somone else is drawn to the pupet head video. It seems that either > no > one else on the list is or they just don't care :) > > The "Puppet Head" video rocks big time, especially Flans' neck-jerk thing he > does at the end! > > Kay > Yeah I like that but there is this other shot where it is a close up of one of the John's feet jumping up and down, and on the ground you can see a pencil. I always thought it was cool that there was a pencil there. And also the jump seems to take a really long time, and when the feet come down they land on the pencil. I don't know why this is my favourite video, but may be it has something to do with the fact that the song itself is so incredible, and one of my special favourites. --- end of quoted material --- Although the look on Flansie's face when he starts to poor the coffee into the saucer and then gives it a little toss is immortal. That video is so great. And I don't think I've ever heard flansie's voice like that. LL Rob and duh funky crunch. ------------------------------ From: QALW47A@prodigy.com (MR TIM F MCGILLICUDDY) Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 18:53:32, -0500 Subject: video Hey everybody, At the Rykodisc site you can download an AVI. file of Totally Rocking that's 46 seconds long. It takes a while to download, but it's worth it don't you think. Um... oh yeah, if you have it, does any body know what John has on his face? It looks like a fake beard and a top hat on his melon. Why does the devil look like a conehead? It's all too funkdified. I like it. I made some pictures from the video, and I think they're pretty good. If any one would like to sneak a peak at one, I will gladly e-mail it to you. Thank you. hello, tim m. "I love the world and if I have to sue for custody, I will sue for custody"-TMBG ------------------------------ From: tim.clark@rma.edu Organization: Randolph-Macon Academy Date: Fri, 05 Jul 96 19:18:15 -0400 Subject: SenSurround Which album is sensurround on? Power Rangers? or Kids In The Hall...I hate kids in the hall...I hate the power rangers. Hmm... ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 19:10:08 -0400 (EDT) From: Groove Child Subject: Re: GEORGIA?!?!?!?! On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, BlueDawg wrote: > Just another example of EmptyV's ignorance. > > A band with Iggy Pop's bassist and half of They Might Be Giants doing a > Charley Daniels cover? > > I think not. Actually, Flans lists The Charlie Daniels Band as one of Monopuff's influences (on the Rykodisc page I think). They are actually very talented. Don't denounce a band because you dislike "country" music in general. Flans has given us countless examples of his listening to many different types of music. ----Nola ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Jul 96 19:22 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: Driving Music >Montana? Ouch. Anyhow, from my experience, if you want to avoid driving >the occupants of the car nuts I wouldn't bring along any TMBG at all! Amanda D. >KosherBacon@tmbg.org >www.Geocities.com/SunsetStrip/5578 Well, lucky me, my whole family loves TMBG, except my mom and she's not gonna be in the car with us. My dad loves them when mom's not around to give him dirty looks for singing along, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem. Of course, I'm not planning on listening to Them *all* the way. They'll be interspersed w/ CCR & The Mommyheads, etc... crow -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "...Now he says he's seen the light and sold his to punk!" -The Sex Pistols "No One is Innocent" kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: New 'bum Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 18:39:55 -0500 (EST) > > Doh! SenSurround and Spiralling Shape are going to be on the new album? > That means that I bought Mighty Morphin' and Kids in the Hall for nothing!!! > Daaahhh.... > Not necessarily - I wouldn't be surprised to find new recordings of these songs on the upcoming album... m@t ------------------------------ Date: 05 Jul 96 20:56:06 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: Telenet If anyone is on right now could they go to telenet? Rob ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 21:52:50 -0400 (EDT) From: Fransburgh Subject: ATC, yes again... ok, i taped the ATC interview...but one guy a few weeks ago mentioned that mono-puff had to play the ATC theme...did anyone happen to get that on tape? i dont think ATC aired that at the same time as the interview, so i didnt get it...does anyone happen to know what that deal is? thanks! --fransburgh ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 22:54:04 -0400 Subject: Re: Dr. Kildare, etc... >It's the one where someone called ska "mindless crap" or something to that effect. >Anyway, then someone related MonoPuff's "Dr. Kildare" to No Doubt's >"Spiderwebs," and that someone was right, they do sound similar, because >they are both SKA! Do you hear those rhythm guitar upbeats? Those horns? >The drum beats on two and four? Roughly, that makes it ska! So, I >certainly hope you're not implying that our very own John is a "mindless" >entertainer, or I shall have to ask you to step outside! Well, I was the person that noticed the similarity between the two songs. I don't claim to know _anything_ about Ska music, so....I guess that I believe you. If you are talking to me about the "mindless" entertainer, I never said anything about that, so I don't know where you are getting that from. Personally, I love the song (and the rest of the album). I just posed the question to see if anybody else noticed that the two songs sounded alike. :) tucker ------------------------------ From: KTUCKER3@aol.com Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 22:55:00 -0400 Subject: LoFi Experience Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone that has a copy of LoFi Experience could privately email me and we could make a trade. I would love to get a copy! I have TMBG boots to trade! Thanks! :) tucker ------------------------------ From: tim.clark@rma.edu Organization: Randolph-Macon Academy Date: Sat, 06 Jul 96 01:51:35 -0400 Subject: Telent What is the telenet address so I Can get on and chat and things!:) --Tim ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 01:59:30 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: RE: tmbg know it all's > > HEAR HEAR! You are the first truly intelligent person on this > > entire list. Instead of bantering worthlessly you fought someone fair and > > square to profess your beliefs...MORE TMBG RELATED VIOLENCE!!!!!! > > But since the world we live in is so subjective, what gives anyone the right > to beat someone else up based off something as flimsy and fluid as a belief? and I quote from THEM..."People should get beat up for stating their beliefs" - Shoehorn with teeth *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/kopenec/ )*=- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-188 ******************************