Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-189 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 189 Sunday, 7 July 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: The Movie Re: Telent empty-v Mono Puff: ATC Interview, video, and OAT telnet no doubt Re: Mono Puff: ATC Interview, video, and OAT Re: no doubt NEW TMBG chat Linnell interview Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 02:12:06 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: TMBG: The Movie I bought my copy of the movie "They Might Be Giants" for 16 bux or so after tax...I've been looking around in town and on the net and it's going for 60! Boy did i get lucky or something...But I'm really sad cuz no one around here can get the music video of them. Any ideas besides the official info club or whatever? *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/kopenec/ )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 03:28:02 -0400 From: "Mr. Klaw" Subject: Re: Telent At 01:51 7/6/96 -0400, tim.clark@rma.edu wrote: > >What is the telenet address so I Can get on and chat and things!:) blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu Join the dark side Alex ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 03:21:00 -0700 From: Scott Organization: Rainy Day Software Subject: empty-v "Empty V" Pauly sure can't act And he doesn't look very clean. When was the last time he bathed? It must be in his genes. Empty V, empty v, there is nothing there. Empty V, empty v, Madonna's really bare. I'd rather watch Geraldo And his lesbian friends, Than these stupid VJ's And their incoherent friends. And what about Liquid TV? What is it suposed to mean? It makes about as much sense As Buchanan's speech. Empty V, empty v, there is nothing there. Empty V, empty v, Madonna's really bare. Empty V, empty v, can't do politics. Empty V, empty v, had the election fixed. Empty V, What does it mean? They seem to pick every band from Seattle That they show on air. They sound just like they're choking On their own hair. Empty V, empty v, "The Real World" is fake. Empty V, empty v, where's "Body by Jake?" Empty V, epmty v, what is there to see? I can think of 100 things instead of rap TV. Copyright 1992, 1995, 1996 Anthony M. Verna III just something i found at http://k2.scl.cwru.edu/~amv5/home.html ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 10:49:56 -0400 From: John Murray Subject: Mono Puff: ATC Interview, video, and OAT The Whole ATC interview is now online in wav format at ftp://ftp.tmbg.org/pub/ATC.interview I also have a tape of it and I am willing to trade, or make other arrengments if you want a copy. I want a copy of Mono Puff Video that is supposed to air on sunday's 120 minutes. If you can make a copy I will remburse you for it with cash(I don't have much to trade), and maybe a copy of the ATC interview. PLEASE HELP ME, I don't have MTV. OAT: I was watching the devil avi from the rykodisc site and and some the tmbg video clips from the eltra site and I noticed that in the staue got me high and the the the devil video flans is playing the same werid guitar. Has this guitar appered in other videos and is it a real guitar? -John Murray jmurray@vt.edu /=/ johns@tmbg.org /=/ jmurray2@erols.com "I Don't speak for anyone!" -John Murray ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: telnet Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 16:47:07 -0400 (EDT) The word is TELNET not TELENET. -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: no doubt Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 17:08:10 -0400 (EDT) I'd have to disagree with No Doubt as being ska, it's more lke punkpopcrap, ahh well just MHO (me humble opinion). As for TMBG not being mainstream or popular, I'd have to agree with Mr. Fritz, our German friend there. TMBG have to be at least riding the curl of popularity much like our four hanging Devil friend. So hope the best for TMBG and wish them more success and popularity. I think Stephen Morris drummer of New Order put it best: "People expect you to do pop things, to be poptastic" -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 17:41:45 -0400 (EDT) From: "Mike Rose, really" Subject: Re: Mono Puff: ATC Interview, video, and OAT On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, John Murray wrote: > > OAT: > > I was watching the devil avi from the rykodisc site and and some the tmbg > video clips from the eltra site and I noticed that in the staue got me high > and the the the devil video flans is playing the same werid guitar. Has > this guitar appered in other videos and is it a real guitar? > From the Spring 1994 newsletter: -Where did you get that ultra cool metallic green rectangular guitar with those gauges on it that you played "The Guitar" on in Ventura CA? Flans- "I had that guitar built for me by Mojo Guitar in NYC. I actually designed it myself. For a 'prop' guitar it sounds pretty good." So there you go. Mike pining for the days when they actually used to send me info club newsletters. I guess maybe they think I'm dead. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 18:58:49 -0400 (EDT) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: Re: no doubt On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, Matthew James wrote: > I'd have to disagree with No Doubt as being ska, it's more lke punkpopcrap, > ahh well just MHO (me humble opinion). Well, it may be just your "humble opinion", but about 100% of the ska community agrees with you. -Cuper. P.S. I've heard that the Bruce Lee band covers a TMBG song, but I have yet to pick up the album. Anybody know anything about it? I'm a little wary of anything related to Skankin' Pickle. Then again, maybe it's great and I just don't know it. Ahh, decisions... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 23:09:11 -0400 (EDT) From: LORD OF THE RINGS Subject: NEW TMBG chat Hi there everyone. I have set up a chat page that you can access using netscape for all TMBG fans. Please come test it out and lie me know what ya think. The url is http://www.charm.net/~adjutor/tmbg.shtml Thanks --Michael |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| MICHAEL BUCCHERI Adjutor@gigue.peabody.jhu.edu WWW http://www.peabody.jhu.edu/~adjutor |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| We are all doomed, just some of us are more doomed than others. |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| Whats that blue thing doing here? |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 00:27:48 -0400 (EDT) From: Groove Child Subject: Linnell interview More news from the ng. No one has posted it here and I don't know how many of us actually read the okay-but-not-as-great-as-the-list newsgroup, but here' something cool that us geeky TMBG-worshipping types will like. :):) There is an interview with our pal John Linnell in Music and Computers magazine, the July/August issue. That means it's still on the stand, so start your engines kids! Word on the street is that it's a hefty article, 7 or 8 pages. Yippeee!!!! *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-Nola H. Weaver, Groove Child-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- Why the dancing, shouting? Why the shrieks of pain? nola@tmbg.org The lovely music groovechild@tmbg.org Why the smell of burning autumn leaves? ---TMBG ***************************************************************************** ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-189 ******************************