Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-190 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 190 Monday, 8 July 1996 Today's Topics: Bootlegs TMBG music video John's wife I need some help with Mono Puff this is a disturbing thought... Flans GONE!? Re: this is a disturbing thought... tmbg plane crash TMBG chat page tmbg plane crash Devil video Mono on 120 Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 07 Jul 96 12:03:55 EDT From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: Bootlegs If anyone has any Bootlegs for trade, please E-mail me, I have a few rare one you might want. ------------------------------ From: Statue@aol.com Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 12:46:17 -0400 Subject: TMBG music video In response to the TMBG Music Video thing - I found a copy at the local Waxie-Maxie's. If they had it there, they also might have it at other W-M stores. Also, I went into Suncoast Video asking about the (original) TMBG movie, and they told me that all they had was the music video. So try those 2 places. neal ------------------------------ From: Statue@aol.com Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 12:51:18 -0400 Subject: John's wife Hey- Does anybody know the name of Flans's soon to be wife? Is it Robyn? For some reason, that's what I remember it being. Anyway, I need to know!!! thanks, neal ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 13:14:50 -0700 (PDT) From: stewart1@lightspeed.net (The Infamous BS) Subject: I need some help with Mono Puff hmmm... I get to write a review of Mono Puff for my local newspaper. could any of you give me some basic info on the bands background, etc, so on, and anything else you think may help. Please... Thank you, Benjy and if any of you out there use Cyberdog... mail me... (if you don't know what Cyberdog is, you probably don't use it.) >-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-< / \ Today I will wonder why people think they can change the world with a random bumber sticker. \ / >-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-< ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 21:52:32 -0400 (EDT) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: this is a disturbing thought... ok. i was talking to someone today and she told me about this friend of hers who went to the Monopuff show in DC and had a wicked cool time. he later said after the show that Flans should leave and stick with Monopuff. besides for throwing me for an initial spin, it hasn't left my head yet and i'm still pondering the repercussions of the thought itself. i'm bringing this up to start a spark of debate which i think will rock the known cyber-universe. this goes way beyond the debate of whether to get out of bed to go to the bathroom or to just go back to sleep. may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ From: tim.clark@rma.edu Organization: Randolph-Macon Academy Date: Sun, 07 Jul 96 22:24:10 -0400 Subject: Flans GONE!? I doubt you are going to have to much debate on the topic...this is a TMBG love loop. we all LOVE TMBG! You think you're gonna have someone say..yeah flans should just do mono puff...I DONT THINK SO! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 22:28:59 -0400 (EDT) From: LORD OF THE RINGS Subject: Re: this is a disturbing thought... Flans is having a great time with monopuff i am sure. I was at the show in D.C. and you could see it on his face... he was having fun., But i doubt that he would even consider leaving TMBG for monopuff. I think that is he did so he would ruin monopuff anyway. It being his side band lets him play around with things that the record co. might not let slide with TMBG, or even maybe some things that he wouldn't want TMBG to do for other reasons, like the fact that it might not be "their style" not that they are limited to a certain style, but that he may not want people saying oh TMBG has turned into an everyday pop band. Anyway what i am trying to say is this... Yes monopuff is a cool band and they were great in concert but i think Flans's involvement in this second band will only fuel his fires for writing music and playing with TMBG. |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| MICHAEL BUCCHERI Adjutor@gigue.peabody.jhu.edu WWW http://www.peabody.jhu.edu/~adjutor |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| We are all doomed, just some of us are more doomed than others. |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| Whats that blue thing doing here? |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 23:50:28 -0400 From: Cases Subject: tmbg plane crash Last night, at a party, I had the biggest scare of my life. I was talking to some friends in the kitchen when suddenly this guy comes in and nonchalantly says "I was just listening to the radio and I heard that this band They Might Be Giants just got killed in a plane crash." I kind of freaked out and he just gave me a little smile and said "I suppose you're the one with the TMBG bumper sticker." After I got through attacking him we had a nice TMBG discussion. I guess this guy saw the TMBG bumper sticker on my car and decided to play a trick on me. I could've killed him. I just thought I'd warn you all not fall for this little trick (I suppose I am somewhat gullible). Juli- who forgave him just because he was the first TMBG fan she'd met in a long time ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 02:15:29 -0400 From: "Mr. Klaw" Subject: TMBG chat page Will whoever posted about the TMBG chat page on the web, please repost the address. I got a little delete-key happy. Thanks Alex, hiding down behind the furnace. ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: tmbg plane crash Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 02:18:49 -0400 (EDT) > > Last night, at a party, I had the biggest scare of my life. I was talking to > some friends in the kitchen when suddenly this guy comes in and nonchalantly > says "I was just listening to the radio and I heard that this band They > Might Be Giants just got killed in a plane crash." I kind of freaked out and > he just gave me a little smile and said "I suppose you're the one with the > TMBG bumper sticker." After I got through attacking him we had a nice TMBG > discussion. I guess this guy saw the TMBG bumper sticker on my car and > decided to play a trick on me. I could've killed him. I just thought I'd > warn you all not fall for this little trick (I suppose I am somewhat gullible). > > Juli- who forgave him just because he was the first TMBG fan she'd met in a > long time Ahh one thing to remember, TMBG drive everywher, they don't take planes 8-) Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: Devil video Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 02:25:08 -0400 (EDT) Well I fianlly saw the Devil Went Down to Newport and I must say it is totally rockin! One of the best vids I've seen in a long time. Flans had a totally cool mustache and beard thing going that we could jus not take our eyes off of. The Devil didn't seem very scary or angry or anything likme that, if anything he seemed very innocent. Rather strange. I really enjoyed it and we got it on tape which was cool. It didn't come on until like quarter of 2am. Ahh but it was worth it! 8-) Matt -- ----------------------Bill Nye, the Science Guy!------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| Wedge Antilles |The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 02:26:18 -0400 From: seta@spectra.net (Amy ) Subject: Mono on 120 They finally played the Devil went down to Newport video :) If i didn't know that Flans was in it, i wouldn't have been able to tell that was him tho :) It was cool!! =================== AmY seta@spectra.net amy@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3540 anangel@tmbg.org =================== C\_/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-190 ******************************