Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-204 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 204 Monday, 22 July 1996 Today's Topics: tmbg like gwar Morphing Re: Morphing Re: Morphing morphing tmbg listers rock! Good Day Re: Good Day RE: new thread? videos Re: Good Day (none) Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 12:58:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Sarah Kunz Subject: tmbg like gwar hey all! i just had a conversation with my friend andee on wow, and he was lucky enough to get to interview john and john many moons ago for his school paper. i was extremely jealous when he told me this, and he even got to eat some of their food! anyways, one of the things that came up was other bands john and john liked. and they said they really liked gwar. rather interesting. but then again, they also like cibo matto! ;) sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 15:39:28 PST Subject: Morphing From: mr_klaw@juno.com (Mr Klaw) Well I've done it.. I've created something every single one of you Giants fans must have!! It's an avi of John F. morphing into John L. Thank you thank you.. no need for applause.. It's quite funny. The only problem with it is that they're faces are a little blurred because I had to enlarge the pics I got them from. But if any of you would like to see it send me and email at Mr_Klaw@tmbg.org, and I'll be glad to send you a copy. It's not very big so you don't have to worry about that.. Sloan ------------------------------ From: Chris_Moesel@onf.com (Chris Moesel) Subject: Re: Morphing Date: 21 Jul 1996 22:40:24 GMT Organization: Falmouth BBS, Falmouth, Maine How big is it? This matters to me, because my server will only let me accept attachments up to a certain size. Kinda stinks, but oh well. I'm guessin' it's too big, but... ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:11:10 PST Subject: Re: Morphing From: mr_klaw@juno.com (Mr Klaw) Like I said in my previous letter: " If you'd like it send a message to Mr_Klaw@tmbg.org don't just reply to this message. and fro anyone who asked the file is 450k.. I hope that answers all questions... On Sun, 21 Jul 1996 16:30:32 -0400 (EDT) Jeffrey B Scanlon writes: >On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, Mr Klaw wrote: > >> It's an avi of John F. morphing into John L. Thank you thank you.. >no >> need for applause.. It's quite funny. The only problem with it is >that > >Hey, send a copy this way please ... Thanks > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 00:46:47 GMT Subject: morphing From: grant3@usa.pipeline.com (Mr Klaw) Ok everyone.. I've uploaded my johns morphing avi to ftp.tmbg.com/incoming.. so if you want it go get it.. -- "Can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding!" -TMBG- Sloan Poe grant3@usa.pipeline.com Mr_Klaw@tmbg.org grant3@tmbg.org dresko@clearlight.com Passthemilk@clearlight.com http://www.clearlight.com/Passthemilk ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 22:04:06 -0400 (EDT) From: Fransburgh Subject: tmbg listers rock! i love you Matt, Nola, and Sarah! (even though the last isnt on the list, i think...?) i think TMBG fans rock! ok, sorry, but i had to splurge...i dont post very often! --fransburghler ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 03:53:40 UT From: "Andreas Baeuchle" Subject: Good Day yeah, Today I was shopping with some friends who wanted to go to Pier 1. So my friend Jon and I go over to this Newbury (Newberry?) Comics, which I never knew was a record store with a lot of kewl stuff. So immediately do my normal routine of looking for "They" singles and KAZAAM! I find the Istanbul single, Alrighty Then! (Love the Brownsville Remix(way funked out)) So I immedietly bought it along with Bjork's debut album which I've been wanting to get. Not only that but they have a special rack of select CD's that they garuantee your money back if you do not like them. And what do I find on it? Yep, Mono Puff! (incedently on another rack I find that Soul Coughing is the 16th most popular CD in the Newbury Comics chain. ( I think it's strictly New England though) Then after my 2.5 hour ride home (it was a boat(I live on a island(Nantucket))) I arrive at home to find, what else, but my TMBG Bootleg (vol. I) I was so psyched, I immedietly plunked down in front of the tv and started it. Not only did I start it but I couldn't stop it. I watched it straight through. The first half hour was kind of fuzzy, but the video was awesome. Finally I get to see two hours of TV worth watching! Love the wackiness in the puppet head video, and I love the Guitar video. I keep seeing JF attempting to play the guitar behind his head, was that the AKA driver on Conan (Max Weinberg is lame) I just finished watching the whole thing and am writing this. ObScene Bought the new (not really new) Bare Naked Ladies. Love it. Actually its the only one I own. Are there any other albums I should look into? On its release date I bought the new Soul Coughing, Not as fun as the debut. Tracks 1 and 5 are what I listen to most. ObASquared Yes Adam you'll get a copy. ASB MR_POTATO_HEAD@MSN.COM ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: Good Day Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 0:19:55 18000 > knew was a record store with a lot of kewl stuff. So immediately do my normal > routine of looking for "They" singles and KAZAAM! I find the Istanbul single, > Alrighty Then! > (Love the Brownsville Remix(way funked out)) So I immedietly bought it along > with Bjork's debut album which I've been wanting to get. Not only that but > > ASB > > MR_POTATO_HEAD@MSN.COM > That is SOOOOOO strange!!!!!!! Today, I was really bored, so I decided to go browse my local used record store. I did my not-so-usual browsing for "They" singles and SHAZAM! I find the Don't Let's Start single on tape! Alrighty then! (I bought it mainly for the snowman cover, I have all 4 songs on Misc. T. already, but it was only 1.99) So I immediately bought it along with Bjork's second album Post which I've been wanting to get. COINCIDENCE???? Only TMBG fans can be sure!!! -Tom I guess (Soul mate? Nah) -- *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - Don't Don't Don't Let's Start, This Is The Worst part - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 04:14:08 UT From: "Andreas Baeuchle" Subject: RE: new thread? Hmm, Interesting concept. Then, again did the Statue GMH video have hidden meaning, with all those spacemen? What planet was JL playing the accordian on? Was it really, No one knows my plan 9 from outerspace? Your Alien friend ASB ---------- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org on behalf of M3MEEBKM@aol.com Sent: Saturday, July 20, 1996 10:33 PM To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: new thread? In a message dated 96-07-20 03:24:15 EDT, you write: >Well, if you have the bootleg video, I've noticed several times where >JL's eyes seem to be *glowing*, furthering the possibility of spooky >alien powers. :) This could become an interesting thread..."Is John Linnell actually FROM Earth?" My, slightly soggy, two cents, Erika ------------------------------ From: Matthew James Subject: videos Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 00:33:16 -0400 (EDT) I remember in an interview of TMBG where they were asked of their videos, and Flans said that they didn't want to "pierce the corporate veil" and tell what the song was about but they didn't want it to be totally boring either. So they have decided to take on a policy of distracting people from their music meanings with interesting music that focuses on objects that generally have nothing to do with the song mainly, making the whole experience interesting. I really really liked that, how cool can you get? Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 00:30:40 -0400 From: seta@spectra.net (Amy ) Subject: Re: Good Day That's so weird, today i was in The Wall and i always look at the TMBG cd's even tho i know that they only ever have the regular albums...and KAZAAM SHAZZAM there was a bright shiny copy of Why Does The Sun Shine, which i immediatly snatched up :) AmY =================== AmY seta@spectra.net amy@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3540 anangel@tmbg.org =================== C\_/ ------------------------------ From: gsm_kth@pkinus3.serigate.philips.nl Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 07:48:33 +0200 to: >know? thanks. now back to the sentence in progress.) I have some friends >who make fun of them by saying, "Thank you; we are Oasis!" in a mock-gansta >style, and then they break into Champagne Supernova in cheesy fake British >accents. Anyone who says they are the next Beatles and isn't being ironic >should be shot. And hey, at least y'all don't live in Thunder Bay, where we Here we go again....I'm not particularly bothered about Oasis one way or the other BUT.... FACT: For their first couple of albums The Beatles were NOT particularly imaginative or original - they played three-minute pop songs with very little lyrical content other than the usual love songs. To compare Oasis to The Beatles (whether in a positive or a negative fashion) is pointless at this stage of their career - they COULD be the next Beatles, and no I'm not being ironic because it's true. A new(ish) band cannot be judged upon the entire back-catalogue of another. It would make a nice change for someone to come up with a valid reason for disliking Oasis - yes they're a bunch of egotistical tossers, but then so are many bands - this has nothing to do with the music. Many of the complaints about Oasis seem to come down to the fact that they're a British band doing well in the USA. Every band goes to a new country to spread their fanbase and "take America / Germany / Mauritius / The Outer Hebrides.....", so why is it a problem when someone succeeds? Making fun of someone's accent may well be funny but it doesn't actually prove anything does it? If we're lucky Oasis will never break up. Why? Because if they do they might reform after twenty years and release a record as godawful as "Free As A Bird". Fritz PS - If there are any replies to this, please EITHER send them to the list, OR to me personally, not both - it wastes both our time. PPS - The "cheesy" version of "Wonderwall" was released by "The Mike Flowers Pops" (not "Mike Flowers Pop" - sorry to be pedantic), and to whoever was asking yes, there is an album out, but I don't know if it's available in the USA. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-204 ******************************