Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-217 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 217 Sunday, 4 August 1996 Today's Topics: Re: (Sorry to send two notes on Back issues of the TMBG-Digest RE: (Sorry to send two notes on WARNING: A lot of crap you don't wamt is here. trains, videos, dangermouse and more! Re: (all sorts of things) What is off topic... Power Rangers Re: WARNING: A lot of crap you don't wamt is here. + UWA B&B watchin' Them Stuff More off-topic: DM & BM on the topic of unrelated stuff 9.30 Club bye bye 9:30 Mono Puff thing, Cartoons TMBG Converts!!! I'm back What I found Re: (Sorry to send two notes on Re: TMBG Converts!!! DM address, vinyl Cuper's offer... Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 03:09:15 -0400 From: Matthew Jason NeSmith Subject: Re: (Sorry to send two notes on At 10:13 AM 8/2/96 -0500, you wrote: >Mrs. Train: One must first >wonder of the title. Why name >it MRS. train over all the >other possibilities? Why not >Miss? Mister? Senior? Herr? > Frau? Pancake Jack? The >fact that they chose Mrs., me >thinks, is significant. The >clever way of switching to the >"missing head" is another >clue, an obvious allusion to >the head of a household. The >fact that he doesn't want to >be that head creates the >'missing' portion of the >picture. But again, he is >"not in any rush to head the >line". Thoughts? Yeah, where the hell can I hear this song? Is it a Mono Puff thing or a TMBG b-side or what??!? This is really distressing, someone tell me SOON, before I lose my composure and write something UNRELATED!!! >Also, I must say, being a >newbie to this list, that I >had hoped to find a sense of >accomodation and humor from >the participants. After all, >is that now what our fabled >TMBG show in their lyrics? >But what I have seen so far is >a bunch of whining mugwhumps >insisting that every sentence >have TMBG for some reference >to the Johns. Heck, I could >write about my new lawnmower, >stating that one of the Johns >purchased a similar model back >in 93 for the sheer purpose of >running down squirrels, but I >fear that if I digress, I >shall be flameau'ed to >perfection. "The time has come,"the walrus said,"to talk of many things Of shoes and ships and sealing wax. of cabbages and kings, of why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings" And then the carpenter said, "Don't talk to me unless you've got something to say about They." >"Sausages were never meant to >be domesticated" Indeed. JN --------------------Doody Yeowmp---------------------- ===It's hard to keep a round table orderly.=== ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 11:37:52 +0200 (MET DST) From: Kevin Begley Subject: Back issues of the TMBG-Digest Hi! Where can i find back issues of the TMBG-Digest. I accidently deleted several and would like to get them back. Thank You! Kevin ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 96 12:56:46 UT From: "Andreas Baeuchle" Subject: RE: (Sorry to send two notes on It's on the Back to Skull Single (Snail Shell single) A MUST HAVE! IT includes: "Snail Shell", An awesome (totally different) version of "Hotel Detective", the aforementioned "Mrs. Train", and awesome remix of Snail shell called "Snail Dust". ASB ---------- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org on behalf of Matthew Jason NeSmith Sent: Saturday, August 03, 1996 3:09 AM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: (Sorry to send two notes on Yeah, where the hell can I hear this song? Is it a Mono Puff thing or a TMBG b-side or what??!? This is really distressing, someone tell me SOON, before I lose my composure and write something UNRELATED!!! ------------------------------ From: ZippyKelp@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 11:33:45 -0400 Subject: WARNING: A lot of crap you don't wamt is here. A HUGE, HUGE post is about to ensue. This is not for the light of heart, and if youre going to be unhappy about not enough TMBG stuff, then this may not make you happy. But then, I cant please everyone, so Ill hardly try. And while were pn the whole TMBG-related-or-not issue, I think that its not a good rule. I find that TMBG fans have a lot in common beyond musical tastes, and its cool to see what other TMBG fans have on their minds (or fingertips, as the case may be). However, the rule is the rule, and until its changed, lets at least TRY to mention something about TMBG in our posts. I have at least once or twice in this post, so I made the legal limit. BUT, it is quite large, and I dont know if I can even fit it into AOL, so I may have to send it as two or three posts, if its dumb. (Sorry, I know hpw you al frown upon that...) Now, on with the show. >> Now that brings me to a story: My TMBG freinds. Two of them, only >>people at my school who know TMBG. Me and my freind Newt discovered this >>mutual love of TMBG when I caught him singing Hotel Detective one day... > > There are only four people (as far as I know) at my school, one of >which I got into them. I descovered the other two one day as I was >walking past Rocky's locker and overheard him humming the melodic strains >of "Particle Man." I joined in automatically, and a beautiful friendship >was born. :) I then learned that my long time aquaintance Phil was a >giant head when he overheard me and Angie singing "Dead" in the hallway. >Ah, TMBG, the bonds you create among high school students. Well, lets see, how many They fans are there in my school? Well, my ex-girlfriend was, and I am, so that makes two. And there was this one other, but she graduated last year. And there is one girl I know who just owns Flood, so she doesnt really count. And then theres my best friend Dave who no longer goes to my school, so he doesnt really count. So there are currently two They fans in the school of about 1000 (app.; could be more like 850 now that I think about it, but still...). > Now, 'bout the Nirvana being "alternative," yeah, that's a crock... Probably >should have been named "Most popular", not "most alternative", or whatever... I think we have to define alternative here. I believe the term was originally created to indicate an alternative to popular crap (god I love the radio, cant you just tell), so therefore finding the most popular alternative songs would be like looking for something mediocre. They shouldve had Top songs that used to be considered alternative ot Top not-pop songs or 500 songs wed like you to listen to because we like money. Something like that. > I was at the mall today, sitting on a bench in the middle with a friend, >Eric, and we were making fun of everyone who went by (not to their faces, of >course). All the sudden, this really dorky guy in a dumb solar system shirt >walks by, and Eric shouts out "Universe man, universe man!" LOL, it was so >funny! Even funnier then when an old hunched-over man walked by and I said he >was the Hunchback Of Notre Dame! Okay, that was pretty useless. I guess you >had to be there. Wow, making fun of people. That is funny. >Nit pick but according to my copy of Revolver, Yellow >Submarine was written by Lennon and McCartney, >Ringo just sang it. Im sorry, I just assumed since he sang it, he wrote it (thats why I didnt write anything Ringo sang... although I did consider it). But I dont wonder why he sang it. And now, my top ten GOOD movies (note: No Start Wars film will be mentioned here, as A) one would have to assume all three would be, and who wants to decide between them, and B) the three spaces could be used elsewhere): 10.Independence Day You had to go in expecting what was going to happen, after all of the commercialization. So, if you could accept that, it was a damn good flick (I believe). 9.History of the World Part 1 Mel Brooks at his finest. Except of course for... (see #4) 8.Waynes World A great movie the first MILLION times I watched it. 7.Naked Gun trilogy Ranking these would be more dificult than the SW dilemma (at least Ive pondered that before), so its my list, and Ill cheat if I want to. 6.Clerks Oh yes. If youre not in NJ, this might be difficult to find, but worth the effort, says I. The sequel (sort of) Mallrats would be an easier find, I believe, and the sequel (sort of) to that, Chasing Amy, should be in theaters sometime school, I think. All have something to do with SW and places near me, both definite plusses. 5.Holy Grail Nuff said. Except the line is, One, two, five! 4.Spaceballs The quintessential non-Python comedy. This is why laughter was invented. 3.Life of Brian Yeah, I doubt anyone out there would put LOB above HG, but Ive gone and done it. Maybe I just got it better the first time I watched. I had to see Holy Grailtwice before I really started picking up the little jokes they hid in there, and thats when it became a truely great film for me. For example, I didnt listen to the lyrics of the Brave Sir Robin song the first few times, so when I finally listened, it was like so much fell into place. I dunno. That the Romans may go home? 2.Billy Madison A genuinely incredible comedy. I mean, right from the thing with the penguin, I was laughing my ass off. It required surgery. 1.UHF Oh, man, the greatest comedy ever. I dont know what it is, its so cheesy, it justs jumps out and says, Hey, world, Im weird, accept me! Weird Al is so brilliant in that movie. I cant express in words how great watching that movie was. A true classic, its too bad emotions cant be sent along the net, youd only understand at that point. Even more than BM. Honorable mentions: Happy Gilmore, Mallrats, Waynes World 2 (had to say it), ponography (not), the last two Star Trek movies, Demolition Man (I liked it, anyway), I guess Terminator 2, Jurrasic Park, 12 Monkeys (MAN, how come I didnt put that in the top ten? Well, its now 9.5), Mortal Kombat (look past the hoakiness of the entire idea of it and youll find some cool special effects and the hot girl from BM, Bridgette Wilson), Cabin Boy (not really, except for the one scene with Andy Richters belly - ruined by commercials - and that whole DAVE LETTERMAN IN A MOVIE deal), Masters of the Universe (He-Man, aw yeah), Ghostbusters I and II (better than in Kingpin, go Bill), and, um, the first episode of Voltron, which I rented the other night. And quite frankly, I loved Hudson Hawk. Hmmm, what else... NOT the Richard Moll movie, but yes to Predator. And oh yeah, Transformers the movie and GI JOE the movie, because I am talking all time, even though I havent seen either in years. Theyre both on my rental list now, I warn you... >I remember when they hosted 120 Minutes one time, and they kept singing >"15 minutes in the show, and 145 minutes left to go...." and they'd >keep doing it after the return from each break. Just thought I'd reminisce. I have that on tape, I think. Yeah, my brother does, anyway. That was cool. I think they played The Guitar video, showed clips from many others, and actually performed Shes Actual Size live. Maybe that was somewheres else, but it was like the day before itt then, cuz I remember it in one big flashback. >Try to be inside the movie instead of an observer, and let the beautiful surface draw >you into the core. Always remember you are watching a movie, and question the >film's intent, cause if you're gonna be manipulated by Hollywood garbage >(Independence Day) at the very least KNOW you are being manipulated, and >that makes it okay to have a good time in spite of how you are being so >intellectually drained. On the other hand if the film demands something >from you, or gives you something you had not expected, then that defines >what we miss so often in movies: the idea that the filmmakers actually >think we're smart. Cause we are, and it's our fault that bad movies do >well and spawn sequels. Dear LORD, do you have something against the people who made Independence Day? This seems like more than just dislike of a movie. It sounds to me like pure, blind hatred for no apparent reason. I happened to like the movie, and of course, Ill tell you why: Im a lab rat. We all are. Some of us are the freakish one percent of the guinea pig population that will react differently on any given day. Some of us protesr popular music and its effects, rebelling with TMBG raised high on our flags. (Not that theres anything wrong with that.) And some of us need to make everything intellectual, or analyze everything, much as I am now. But its nice to be able to sit back and, as the last feller said, let yourself be absorbed by the movie. It doesnt have to be a profound experience; just watch a damn movie and if at the end, youre satisfied, say, I liked it. Thats it. Some people cant let down their guard enough to allow themselves to like a song played on a top 40 station, or enjoy a movie you already know the plot of. Yes, during ID4, I said, no way, these guys shouldve died here. Or, whatever, they practically just used AOL to link to an alien system. Or, If I was Will Smith, I wouldve run very fast when that thing popped out of the ship. But, come on! There is enjoyment to be had here. I knew exactly what the movie was about coming in. There were no surprises there. But I thought the effects were really cool; I thought Bill Pullman could not top Spaceballs, no matter how cool he was there; I thought, despite the cheesiness of it, the Nuke em line was an all-time classic. And I know that it was as rip-off of every sci-fi movie to come before it, but it didnt matter, because I let myself get taken over. Now, 12 Monkeys was probably better. I liked how even though I sorta knew what to expect, it took the entire car ride home for myself and two college guys to figure out exactly what happened. And I like Python, and UHF, and Naked Gun, and all sorts of mindless humor that make you laugh but dont make you think (or do, sometimes). Anyways, this post is HUGE. > Secondly - What video of Theirs do you think Bevis and Butthead >would like the most? And which one would they rail the most.... Like the most: I gotta say A Self Called Nowhere, or maybe AKA Driver. I dont think theres much before JH they would like, since no live drummer nor bassist. Am I right? And rail most? I think Mammal, maybe Cowtown, anything with an accordian, and Fingertips would get them totally messed up. Anyways, enough of my garbled babbling, I must be off. And this'll teach you to read through my posts! How dare you! Mark ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 11:41:14 -0400 Subject: trains, videos, dangermouse and more! yeah! well then- videos- i blame you.. all of you. youve doomed me to a life of wondering the city looking for the tmbgvideo compilation. i thought i could do without but then someone just had to mention that they blow up an accordian and i dont think i could live out the rest of my days without seeing this. if anyone would send me a copy i cant tape other videos cause i only have one vcr but i'd pay for postage and a tape and stuff... cartoons- >>sigh<< i remember back in the day... the snorks, dangermouse, the I-bots, the smurfs ("oh my smurf! thats smurfalicous papa smurf..") i guess i was quite the saturday morning junky. im surprised no one's mentioned those twisted japanime things while we're on the unrelated subject of cartoons.. stickerthingys- argh! i've got the same problem. my monopuff sticker is just siting gathering dust along with my new logo They sticker. i suppose im waiting for the day i'll feel an emination from something that says "STICK ME HERE" hi, my name is liz and i too have that pointless little monopuff explanation stuck to the ceiling. my libretto is also thus indisposed so could someone tell me, did flans write Dont I Have the Right? mrs train- i dont usually think about it but when i do i sorta think its about a line dance (maybe at a wedding).. and u gotta go to the head of the line. or maybe we should just take the words at face value and its about a train with a head. or a train without a head. or a head thats going to see a train. or... and now im going to new jersey so dont worry, u wont hear from me again for several days... and now for something completely different, liz ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 13:02:57 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: (all sorts of things) >Its like, HEY I saw TMBG in a mall (I wish) and then we >styart talkign about which malls we think are the best >and what stores we like in those malls. The list, in a sense is a big conversation, and in a conversation, the topic is never the same for a very long time. Like is said above, one thing leads to another, so the conversation is constantly changing. IMHO, if something started out about tmbg and just was gradually changed into a different topic, it's ok. But if someone just posts a message saying "Hey, who hates Oasis" or "Hey, here's the manual for " then that is totally off the topic. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: What is off topic... Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 13:11:52 -0400 (EDT) The sort of post that annoys me the most is the "hey you shouldn't have posted xxx" post. I never understood why someone annoyed at an off topic message would subject the rest of us to _another_ off topic message. I also get annoyed when like two people carry on a conversation that has degerated off topic, please take them off the list. What you guys don't see is the flood of unsubscribe messages that come when the topic degenerates. I feel bad that these people have to miss out on TMBG just because they don't have time to wade through all the fluff. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 13:15:32 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Power Rangers >and of course Voltron (which I rented 2 days ago) Is Power Rangers a rip-off of Voltron or am I just crazy? TMBG Content: Sensurround was on the MM Power Ranger soundtrack- ha! ------------------------------ From: Ruprecht76@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 13:45:11 -0400 Subject: Re: WARNING: A lot of crap you don't wamt is here. + UWA In a message dated 96-08-03 11:33:27 EDT, ZippyKelp@aol.com writes: > > Secondly - What video of Theirs do you think Bevis and Butthead > >would like the most? And which one would they rail the most.... > > Like the most: I gotta say A Self Called Nowhere, or maybe AKA Driver. I > dont think theres much before JH they would like, since no live drummer > nor > bassist. Am I right? > > And rail most? I think Mammal, maybe Cowtown, anything with an accordian, > and > Fingertips would get them totally messed up. The only problem with these theories is that none of those songs you mentioned have videos... hmm UWA (UnWanted Advert): Take a good hard look at Ruprecht's _Crazy_ Homepage and you may just discover a Mike's bad poetry corner and the very first Web-based game of paper scissors rock... The URL you have reached, http://www.inca.de/user/ruprecht/ has been disconnected... well, not really a spooky man named Ike I wish that I could jump out of my .sig ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:48:15 -0400 Subject: B&B watchin' Them >> Secondly - What video of Theirs do you think Bevis and Butthead would like the most? And which one would they rail the most....<< Okay, I've never had the pleasure of seeing a TMBG video , but if there were a video for WDTSS, it would be that one. They would attempt to sing along, too. "The sun is a mess of coincidental gas..hey! they said *gas*! Hehe he he! Huh huh huh.. Cool! The sun is a giant *fart*!" Okay, I'm done... -sarah :) "Someone in the club tonight has stolen my ideas..." ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 96 15:38:35 EDT From: severe00@counsel.com (Stanley E Everett -- Brouse ^ McDowell - Akron ) Subject: Stuff To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Inet OK I usually never write too much unless I'm harassing people for Tmbg stuff, but I felt I just had to. Ok the best movie ever is BETTER OFF DEAD, you all know it, so no denying it. Someone wrote something about the band self, which I love, and yes I agree I think there are alot of similarities. Another band that kinda (only remotely) reminds me of Tmbg is the Dead Milkmen who I also like alot. Ok what else, oh ya The only Cartoon that is worth watching is the Simpsons. Or Voltron (and yes I still have my voltron pajamas), and Mighty Morphin power rangers is the biggest voltron rip-off, I think they (they being the mighty morphin power ranger people) should be sued, or killed, or at least be forced to watch their show. Ok one last thing, I've always been a fan of the smiths, james, lightning seeds, cure, etc, and I was wondering any other They fans shares my wide range of musical interests or I'm just a weirdo. Ok I've said more than enough "Don't knock my smock, or I'll clean your clock" -Hobbes "My cats breath smells like cat food" -Ralph Wiggum "And I form the head" -Voltron "Lets get those missiles ready to destroy the universe" -tmbg ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 16:17:54 -0400 (EDT) From: Sean Geoffrey Kinlin Subject: More off-topic: DM & BM Anakin Skywalker wrote: > Anyone here rememver Danger Mouse? (followed closely by Banana Man)... Yep, sure do. "I have the strength of 20 men.....20 big men." -Sean ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 10:42:42 -1000 (HST) From: Steven Osborn Subject: on the topic of unrelated stuff yes, whomever mentioned that a list is a conversation sounds about right... to say that we can ONLY talk about tmbg on this list is very restricting, if anything gets brought up as a result of talking about tmbg, that seems to me to validate its subsequent discussion, for at least a while... now, if someone just says, 'who here knows a really good recipe for mint brownies?' i would first attempt to find them a recipe or direct them to the betty crocker home page...as well as upload them a slap in the noggin for digressing for no reason.. btw... who lives in the boston area (or providence, RI area) and knows anything about the venues They'll be playing at? im a stranger in a strange land, and know little of the mainland's frightening ways.. however, i do want to see Them.. help? , steven ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 02:49:31 -0400 (EDT) From: "Mike Rose, really!" Subject: 9.30 Club Hey all, add me to the list of people who will be at the 9.30 club show, cause me and the real Mr. Klaw will be there with open arms, all the way from sunny Toronto Canada. So give us a smile and we'll all have a dandy old time. Mike ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:08:40 -0400 (EDT) From: Sarah Kunz Subject: bye bye well kids, i'm going on vacation for two weeks so i won't be able to post for a while. i'm going to subscribe an another account so my mailbox doesn't explode, so hopefully i'll be all caught up. see all you hep cats later. sarah ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: 9:30 Date: Sat, 3 Aug 96 17:30:35 18000 Well, about the 9:30 club: would anyone happen to be travelling through FLorida (Tallahassee) on their way to 9:30 club? I live here in Tallahassee and am 17, and have no way to get to DC. If I could find a ride, I'd go I guess. -- *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 20:00:55 -0400 (EDT) From: Joshua Hall-Bachner Subject: Mono Puff thing, Cartoons >5. Leave it in the CD case. (Speaking of which did anyone save that strip of >paper off the LP that says MONOPUFF and has a description of the band on it? >I could bring myself to throw it away for some reason. No of course I'm not >sentimental) That's my choice for now. (You mean the strip on the top, the one that matches the CD cover on the front? Yeah, I kept that! I couldn't think of any good reason to throw it away. BTW, doesn't Ryko put those on all their CD's? I know all the Frank Zappa CD's I've seen have those...) >> okay, is it just me, or are cartoons these days really really lame? > >Uh huh... It's the cartoons. _However_ you missed in your list of exceptions: >Animaniacs, and on some rare occasions (albiet [sp?] not very many) >Earthworm Jim and Freakazoid... Hey, any cartoon (EWJ) where the censors actually let the hero call a fish "foul swimmer of waters in which you tinkle" can't be all bad. :) Animaniacs is cool, too. (Has everybody seen the Woodstock send-up of the old Abbott And Costello "Who's On First?" routine? In this case, it was "Who's on stage." :) >Anyone here rememver Danger Mouse? (followed closely by Banana Man)... Yeah! I watched that every day when I was a little kid! The mole is cool. :) He was always talking about how dangerous it was and everything. I still remember the theme song: "Dayngah mouse (duh duh duh duh) Dayngah Mouse (duh duh duh duh) DAYNGAH MOUSE!" (ObTMBG: How about a TMBG cover version of the Danger Mouse theme song?) > >yes, i do remember danger mouse, bananaman, and to a lesser extent, count >duckula... although the most memorable line from any of those was nanny's >'ill get it!' Yes, I remember that one too. I liked Count Duckula. :) I'm really dissapointed that Nickelodeon doesn't show those anymore. Is there *anyplace* on TV where you can catch Danger Mouse or Count Duckula? >older shows like rocky and bullwinkle, fat >albert, snorks, and many others i can't recall... Rocky and Bullwinkle is really cool, too (despite the, umm, you might call it animation if you're feeling generous). Snorks! I remember that one too. I can't remember anything about it, though. Could you refresh my memory? (I remember all the snorks had these long snorkel noses, or something...) /---------------------------Joshua Hall-Bachner---------------------------\ | particle@servtech.com http://www.servtech.com/public/particle/ | | "Life is like a jigsaw. You get the straight bits, but there's something| \-----missing in the middle."--XTC, "All Of A Sudden (It's Too Late)"-----/ ------------------------------ From: Anakin Skywalker Subject: TMBG Converts!!! Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 19:43:34 -0500 (CDT) I found out yesterday that my girlfriend, who has been fairly adamantly anti-They for a very long time, had Birdhouse stuck in her head for awhile. This is a good sign! I feel that, given a couple of months, They might have one more fan!!! *happy happy* May the force be with you. "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`'~~"~''`"~""~"`'""~'~'~~""`"`"<<>>~""~"`'"``"""~"`''`"~"~'`'~"`~"`' Anakin Skywalker - anakin@vader.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Leda Glodell) Subject: I'm back Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 21:04:40 -0500 If anyone remebers me - Wyatt, i'm back.... i've only been gone for 2 weeks.. oh well... Following is replies to everything i can think of. Movies, I havn't seen enough bad ones, if I dont like the look of a movie after it starts, i leave... But, i have many favorite movies- UHF, Strange Brew, Spaceballs, and Shawshank Redemption among my favorite.... And, i'm very late for the survey, but I now have all the main albums and know my favorite songs etc. Fav. song - Where your eyes dont go Least fav. song- You'll miss me Fav album - Lincoln Least fav. album - John Henry Fav. Video - The Gutiar Fav. Giant - Flansburg And I forgot the rest... oh well, nothing important.... --Wyatt "Look Up.... Look Down..... NOW LOOK AT MR. FRYING PAN!! " -Weird Al, UHF ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 23:07:44 -0400 (EDT) From: "Mike Rose, really!" Subject: What I found Hey all. I went to a bunch of record stores today and even though I did not find any TMBG I did get the Devo EP Post Post-Modern Man with Baby Doll and a live version of Whip It!!! And it was only 2 dollars!!!!! So yeah my day was made. Plus my friend gave me dubs of Danny Elfman's scores for The Frighteners and Mission Impossible which should hold me till I can afford to buy them. I passed up some real great score CD deals (Prince of Darkness, Dead Zone, Alex North's 2001, all like 8 dollars ) but when I get some cash I will go back to this store. Maybe they'll have some TMBG by then...yeah right. Devo...cool... And I hear that some of you are getting Mono Puff postcards thru the TMBG info club. How nice for those of you who still receive info club mailings. I have been signed up to it since 1992 and even though I have not died or been convicted of any serious crimes, I have not received anything from them since fall 1994. If I do not receive a Mono Puff postcard I will be most unhappy. As all of you receive this item or anything else from the club, please post this to the list so I know not what I am not getting. Stay hungry, Mike ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 22:22:07 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: (Sorry to send two notes on > Yeah, where the hell can I hear this song? Is it a Mono Puff thing > or a TMBG b-side or what??!? > This is really distressing, someone tell me SOON, before I lose > my composure and write something UNRELATED!!! Don't write an "unrelated thing" (hehe)...it's on the Back To Skull single/ep *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/kopenec/ )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 22:30:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: Re: TMBG Converts!!! On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Anakin Skywalker wrote: > I found out yesterday that my girlfriend, who has been fairly adamantly > anti-They for a very long time, had Birdhouse stuck in her head for awhile. > This is a good sign! I feel that, given a couple of months, They might have > one more fan!!! *happy happy* My they tidbit: I was going with some friends to see a movie (id4 for the third time...) and we crammed 6 people ina '95 camaro (Extremely difficult). So, we were all a bit..well..crabby. So, I had an idea. I said, being the goofy guy I am, "We need some happy music. Chris (he's my friend), roll down the windows." He did and I shoved my flood CD which I keep with me when I go in other people's cars that have CD players in his 6-disc player. I grabbed his remote and punched in Birdhouse. They all loved it. Then, to make sure I got their attention, I played Istanbul and Particle man cuz EVERYONE's heard of those. Then I told them the CD so they'd get hooked. 2 days later, one of the people in the car came to my work and said she was gonna kill me. It seems her and her friend who was in the car, too, said at work the other day, 8 hours, all they could think of was "That Damned Birdhouse Song" and now they're hooked. I've now persuaded/hooked a total of 8 people. I'm on my way. What's ya'lls count for converts? *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/kopenec/ )*=- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 23:32:10 -0700 From: Lou Fioritto/Braille Works Organization: Braille Works Subject: DM address, vinyl hey, does anybody know if They put out anything on vinyl? and do They have rare white vinyl? i haven't looked much, but i don't want to keep searching if there's nothing. and BTW, since there are a few dangermouse fans here, i found a decent dm page. here's the address: www.webweaver.net/dm/index.shtml i'm going to look for a Voltron one now. maybe even Tranzor Z. anyone heard of that? "In the conservative region far from the chaotic edge, individual elements coalesce slowly, showing no clear pattern" -Ian Malcolm Chakka ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 01:45:41 -0400 (EDT) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: Cuper's offer... To anyone sending me tapes, I misspelled my address. It should be Granite "SPRINGS" Road, with a "P". Sorry. -Cuper the unsatisfactory proofreader. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-217 ******************************