Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-240 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 240 Tuesday, 3 September 1996 Today's Topics: Hello CD Re: Mono Puff Show Gimme the singles!!! METAL DETECTOR ROCKS!!!!!! + Jeff G's page ernie sings TMBG? tmbg-list Digest #2-239 Re: ernie sings TMBG? UHF! Selling Out Re: ernie sings TMBG? Re: Selling Out TMBG list Re: web pages Sellout/MTV Re: ernie sings TMBG? Selling Out dave My THEY niftiness for the day Ana Ang Re: ernie sings TMBG? naming the groupies Re: two trumpets at once Spy rox! Re: a beautiful thing Re: Disappointment + OAT (none) Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-239 shuffle good songs Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 03:39:39 -0400 (EDT) From: "Mike Rose, from Totonot" Subject: Hello CD Hey what's the email to the Hello CD club? I can't seem to remember it precisely. Also, I've been digging thru my mountainous record collection and came up with some stuff that I'd like to try to sell or trade to some of you rubes. (No TMBG at the moment, some 80's 12 inches and stuff like that). If you're remotely interested email me and I'll tell you what the hell I've got in the first place. Mike --------------------------flippy@yucc.yorku.ca------------------------- "Here comes XTC around the mountain. They're holding a death ray." They Might Be Giants:John Flansburgh&John Linnell/King Missile/XTC/Ween **********************RYERSON FILM: CLASS OF 1996********************** !!Brazil/Batman/Aliens/2001/Evil Dead II/The Simpsons/TV Nation/MST3K!! "I k i c k a s s f o r t h e L o r d ! ! !" -------------------http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy-------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 00:41:30 -0800 From: batura@nccn.net (Adam Kline) Subject: Re: Mono Puff Show >I went to see Mono Puff at Mississippi Nights last night. It was all >the fun of a TMBG concert with about 2/3 less people. They played all >their songs except Hello hello, Dont I have the right?, and Tryptophan >(I couldn't believe they played To Serve Mankind!). They also played >about 5 or 6 new songs which were Hillbilly Drummer Girl, Felt tip pen, >Security guard, On the drag, and a couple others that I don't remember. >And As an encore they played SEXXY and New York City which will both be >on the new TMBG album. By any chance, was that Hillbilly Drummer Girl a cover of the Young Fresh Fellows song of the same name? I imagine it was. What do you know, it all comes full circle. I wonder if Mono Puff plans on covering a dBs song. By the way, that "if it wasn't for disappointment" line is just a play on the line "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all" from "Born Under a Bad Sign". Take Care, Adam Kline --------------------- Adam Kline - batura@nccn.net --------------------- | The Beatles - They Might Be Giants - Paul Simon - Ben Folds Five | | The Simpsons - Elvis Costello - The Ziggens - Violent Femmes | | Yah-Yah Littleman - The Police - The Amish Ninja - Beck - Tom Petty | | The Muppets - Badical Turbo Radness - Frank Einstein, Madman - Rutles | ------- People who live in glass houses shouldn't drink poison. --------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 20:33:51 +1000 From: Earthy Rock Subject: Gimme the singles!!! >From: PinkPrnces@aol.com > It's not very special or anything, but I got the Don't Let's Start single >(tape) with We're the Rplacements. WIRIS, and Famous Polka. Good part is, I >got it for 1 buck!!! Hee-Haw!! Yippee!! anyway, just wanted to share. Hey cool, you wanna share!!! I'll take the tape off your hands!!! :) And as for it being not very special... ARE YOU KIDDING!? Man, I'd pay so much money just to see some of them singles, let alone own them!!! I waited 7 or 8 months for WDTSS to be ordered into my record store. I was given The Guitar out of the blue from a friend that found it for 2 bux in a second hand shop. I'd love more TMBG singles... Cya, Ad. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Adam Poskitt ! ! custer@ros.com.au ! !Get out your big stick! !and beat the hell out ! ! of anything that ! ! stands in your way ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Leda Glodell) Subject: METAL DETECTOR ROCKS!!!!!! + Jeff G's page Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 08:24:06 -0500 Whoo-hoo, After falling asleep at my desk downloading metal detector at 2 in the morning, i woke up disoriented and after 10 minutes of sitting there thinking about what i did, i realized that i WAS downloading meatal detector... Nice suprise to wake up to!!!! that song rocks... It's the john henry style that i like... also, having never heard any monopuff, i went to the rykodisk page and downloaded the wav plus video, i didn't freak over it..... pretty good though....... And, jeff g. (Moogleboy)'s home page is cool.... I remember goin' there long before i was on the list.. I like it, a homepage for most of my interests: Video Games: Squaresoft Music: They Might Be Giants TV Show: The Simpsons And a link the the sam n max page that rocks.... i love sam n max GOOD JOB MOOGLEBOY.... Kuposoft.... possibly zzt may work.... qbasic adventure games suck, i know, made plenty :) _________________________________________________ / -WYATT GLODELL-WGLODELL@BARABOO.COM- \ |"Chinese people were fighting in the park we tried | |to help 'em fight no one appreciated that" -TMBG | \_________________________________________________/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 09:44:29 +0000 From: Jonah Subject: ernie sings TMBG? This almost completely irrelevant, but I'm bored. Doesn't that guy who's singing on the "and I walk along darkened corridors" section of fingertips sound almost exactly like Ernie of Sesame Street fame? Have a nice day. -- "I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up."-They Might Be Giants Jonah ------------------------------ From: WarChild@sciboard.spd.louisville.edu Date: 2 Sep 1996 12:55:14 EST Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-239 re: Disappointment NO NO NO! "If it wasn't for dissappointment, I wouldn't have any appointment" has nothing to do with appointments! It's just TMBG and wordplay, it means "Dissappointment is all I got"... ------------------------------ From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: ernie sings TMBG? Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 10:09:33 -0700 That's wierd, I thought the darkened corridor guy was supposed to sound like Morrissey, you know, gloom n' doom singing.... maybe it was just me though.... ---------- > From: Jonah > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.com > Subject: ernie sings TMBG? > Date: Monday, September 02, 1996 2:44 AM > > This almost completely irrelevant, but I'm bored. Doesn't that guy > who's singing on the "and I walk along darkened corridors" section of > fingertips sound almost exactly like Ernie of Sesame Street fame? Have > a nice day. > -- ------------------------------ From: ZippyKelp@aol.com Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 14:11:07 -0400 Subject: UHF! > "Mashed potatoes! Terry, you shouldn't have". > -UHF Quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever read on this digest (no offense to anything everyone ese has ever written)! But who can forget, "A Twinky-Weiner Sandwich!" Or, "But you don't understand, that's my mop!" Or, "I'm thinkin of somethin orange... somethin orange... give up? It's an orange! Ok, Ok, I'm thinkin of somethin blue. Somethin blooooooooooo!" "Gimme a steak, medium-rare." "You're so stuuuuuupad!" Mark ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 08:51:23 -1000 From: psss@pixi.com (Sarah Cooke) Subject: Selling Out >[releasing a cover as a single] and well, you can see just how >uncomfortable they are in that 120 minutes interview with "Dave Kendall" >when he mentions them selling out... It is arguable that they didn't I don't think that they were uncomfortable on the subject during that interview. I think that Dave's comment was a joke, intending to get a response. It was more imaginative than saying, "tell us about Birdhouse." Linnell seemed offended because of Dave's interpretation (a cutsie little love song written by a band trying to sell out) but Flansburgh joked about it. Linnell said, rather coldly, "It's about a nightlight, Dave." Seemed like Dave Kendall was the uncomfortable one. Sarah Cooke The sun is so hot, that everything on it is a gas. Iron, copper, aluminum, and many others. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 14:56:28 -0400 (EDT) From: Amy Subject: Re: ernie sings TMBG? Some guy named Jonah wrote: > This almost completely irrelevant, but I'm bored. Doesn't that guy > who's singing on the "and I walk along darkened corridors" section of > fingertips sound almost exactly like Ernie of Sesame Street fame? Have > a nice day. I always thought it sounded like Kermit the Frog, but it was probably the same person doing both voices. Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 15:02:59 -0400 (EDT) From: Amy Subject: Re: Selling Out Some girl named Sarah Cooke wrote: > >[releasing a cover as a single] and well, you can see just how > >uncomfortable they are in that 120 minutes interview with "Dave Kendall" > >when he mentions them selling out... It is arguable that they didn't > > I don't think that they were uncomfortable on the subject during that > interview. I think that Dave's comment was a joke, intending to get a > response. It was more imaginative than saying, "tell us about Birdhouse." > Linnell seemed offended because of Dave's interpretation (a cutsie little > love song written by a band trying to sell out) but Flansburgh joked about > it. Linnell said, rather coldly, "It's about a nightlight, Dave." Seemed > like Dave Kendall was the uncomfortable one. > Well, personally, I hope Dave Kendall *was* uncomfortable during that interview, because I thought he was acting like an incredible jerk. :) And I don't know who told me this, but someone said that he is not even British, he was born in New Jersey and studied to get that accent. My, how MTV has changed, eh? Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 17:21:36 -0400 (EDT) From: CORT Subject: TMBG list Hello friends! This is cortney, how are ya! I am finally back from an extremely looong summer, and I'm so glad to be back on the list. However, since I had no email access for three long months, I am rather outdated on the current standings of TMBG. So, if anyone has a list of TMBG show dates, new album info, or any fun FYI stuff, please please email me (CK8@tiger.uofs.edu)! I will post all info on my (now terribly outdated) homepage just as soon as I get it! Thanks alot! I'm really glad to be back, I missed you guys! sun and smiles cortney http://ocelot.uofs.edu/student/ck8 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 17:25:19 -0400 From: MLiq Organization: none Subject: Re: web pages Jonnie Coffman wrote: > > Does anyone out there know some cool web pages for TMBG? > > JONNIE COFFMAN, KC5JFS > Sure, The They Might Be Giants Link Page http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/ _________________________________________________________ MLiq ************************************ *The They Might Be Giants Link Page* *http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/* ************************************ ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 19:22:25 -0400 Subject: Sellout/MTV Hello 41- Here are my two MTV blurbs o' fun... With the 120 Minutes thing, I belive the VJ was trying to get some kind of responce out of either of them. That or proving some kind of point to the non-conformists watching MTV. Another story I heard dealing with MTV. I guess recently Henry "God" Rollins was doing some kind of Alternative countdown. As the story goes, he was making all these witty comments. Example: After the cue from commercial, Rollins would be talking to someone off camera, saying stuff like "Yeah, Mrs. Love... Your heroine is in the glove compartment. Yeah, there you go." and MTV censored all of it. just another NIT in the system ------------------------------ Subject: Re: ernie sings TMBG? From: themoesel@juno.com (Chris Moesel) Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 19:26:57 EDT Along the same line, I can almost swear I hear Kermit the Frog singing background vocals in "Whistling in the dark." ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: Selling Out Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:08:04 -0400 (EDT) > > >[releasing a cover as a single] and well, you can see just how > >uncomfortable they are in that 120 minutes interview with "Dave Kendall" > >when he mentions them selling out... It is arguable that they didn't > > I don't think that they were uncomfortable on the subject during that > interview. I think that Dave's comment was a joke, intending to get a > response. It was more imaginative than saying, "tell us about Birdhouse." > Linnell seemed offended because of Dave's interpretation (a cutsie little > love song written by a band trying to sell out) but Flansburgh joked about > it. Linnell said, rather coldly, "It's about a nightlight, Dave." Seemed > like Dave Kendall was the uncomfortable one. I don't know if you are making it sound like Flans was joking around too and Linnell took it seriously an d coldly but I think it is their respective styles to respond that way. I think there was a joke to be had all around tho. Ok whatever. I had a dream early this morning about Linnell playing in my backyard right by my fence (you see the yard slopes upward from the fence thereby giving a good view to people in the back). There were many weird things in this dream. I don't know if it was touted as a TMBG show in my backyard or just a Linnell-only show because Linnell waws the only one playing there and he was playing a guitar. Another weird thing was that I brought my friend, Mike's accordian which does not work. So I was holding it in my backyard whilst listening to Linnell but when I went to give him the accordian to have him play it or show me how to play it he would not take it. He did notice this big long thing that went through the accordian that needed cleaning and he cleaned it and said, "It should work now!" But he would not play it. The other strange thing that happened was that my house was in Northwest Oregon 10 miles from the Canadian border. ANow you see there are a number of problems here. Oregon does not border Canada and I do not have a house in Oregon nor have I ever been to the left coast. Somehow I ended up in Canada tho and we had to drive back to catch the show and I was actually on a peninsula hanging out from Oregon and we looked at a map of it for some reason (bad map eh?). Let's see, in the middle of my backyard was the cabinet to my dining room and it had all of these star wars figures my friends and I have and Linnell was fascinated by them. He could name all of the figures and he put them in poses and said his nephew played with them all the time and hence he knew them. That's about all I can remember of my Linnell dream. Matt P.S. I just put Lincoln on shuffle and it played They'll Need a Crane and Where Your Eyes Don't Go in a row, it was great! -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: dave Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:10:24 -0400 (EDT) Dave Kendell is from Boston my friend said and he just started speaking like an Englishman for some reason. He also used to produce all of the 120 Minutes shows during that time. A lot of people don't seem to like him much tho. Oh, one more thing I forgot about my dream, Linnell had the Apollo 18 super-long hair that looks pretty bad. Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 21:17:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Kopenec Subject: My THEY niftiness for the day Today I was doing a search on my Night Owl CD-ROM volume 11 for some cool wavs and wouldn't ya know it, there's a file called TMBGWAVS.ZIP with some THEY songs in it! I will upload it tonighte so if you want a copy of the file, let me know! *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message may not be broadcast, reproduced, or by any means transferred, over the Microsoft Network, unless the author (Chris Kopenec) receives a check for the sum of $500, paid in full, by Mr. Bill Gates. Transmission over the Microsoft Network is considered agreement to the above conditions. *---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -=*( Chris Kopenec )*=- -=*( kopenec@tmbg.org )*=- -=*( http://www.chrysalis.org/kopenec/ )*=- ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: Ana Ang Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:27:12 -0400 (EDT) I forgot to mention, I was watching a video my friend had taped of Nick Rocks from 1988 or 1989 in which the Johns hosted and they played the Ana Ng video but the video information said: Ana Ang bad bad! Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Subject: Re: ernie sings TMBG? From: superuprecht@juno.com (Ruprecht Jee) Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 21:51:38 EDT On Mon, 02 Sep 1996 19:26:57 EDT themoesel@juno.com (Chris Moesel) writes: >Along the same line, I can almost swear I hear Kermit the Frog singing >background vocals in "Whistling in the dark." Long ago we were talking about how big bird sings she's an angel... it's all about nasal singing... .sig ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 21:41:11 -0500 (CDT) From: pucketaw@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Andy Puckett) Subject: naming the groupies > > Why not Fans Who Might Be Giants? > Now, personally, I'm one who would just like to be called a They Might Be Giants fan, because that's obscure enough for some people...everything else y'all are mentioning would go over so many people's heads that it wouldn't be worth it. But, if you must name yourselves, why not go with They Might Be Fans, considering that the newsletters come from TMB Productions, or They Might Be Productions. Later y'all, andy PUCKett pucketaw@ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 21:40:59 -0500 (CDT) From: pucketaw@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Andy Puckett) Subject: Re: two trumpets at once >: ..not very *well* as mentioned, but i can actually play a "c" on >: a tenor saxophone while playing a "g" on an alto saxophone > >alto on the right side, right hand on the top keys, and one finger on the >tenor...tough. I played bari....the real man's sax. Too true, too true. I've played Alto, tenor, bari, and bari is the one I love. Too bad I'm not in band anymore, and bari's cost billions and billions of dollars, or so it seems. Just about as hard to get your hands on as an accordian, for me at least. I love it when They play bari. (I guess that would be Linnell, huh?) Actually, I love it when *anybody* plays bari. That's part of why I dig Dave Matthews' "Too Much" so much. I've never been too excited about other DMB stuff. BTW, the coolest thing is playing a trumpet with a sax mouthpiece, or vice versa. "Calling Mr. Saxophone" andy PUCKett pucketaw@ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Sep 1996 21:41:08 -0500 (CDT) From: pucketaw@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Andy Puckett) Subject: Spy rox! >... >band" album that the joy went >right out das window. Not >convinced? Listen to "Spy" >from WDDSS and then from JH. >In the first, you can TELL >they are having fun! Heck, if >you listen with headphones, >you can actuallyt *hear* the >Johns smiling! BTW, I'm convinced that Spy (at least the WDTSS version) may as well be ska. Well, at least I can skank to it. Throw in some rhythmic stuff on all the upbeats, and it's there. It's already got the horns, etc. Anyone want to try to decide what genre of music Spy is? As much as I want it to be ska just because I can skank to it, I doubt it. Theyfully yours, andy PUCKett pucketaw@ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: a beautiful thing Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 23:18:35 -0500 (EST) > > Something unexpected and wonderful happened today. It involved my > neighbors, whom I normally regard with distaste. They bought a scanner > last week and leave it on all night, making it difficult to sleep. > You know, it really took me a minute to figure out why a scanner would make it difficult for you to sleep. I spend too much time playing with computers, I guess... m@t ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: Disappointment + OAT Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 23:34:18 -0500 (EST) > > Well, I think I'm pretty safe in saying that the narrarator of the song is > saying "If it wasn't for disappointment" meaning "if it wasn't for my > depression, "I wouldn't have any appointment" meaning "I wouldn't have a > therapist appointment" (or something like that). That's what I always > assumed. > I have to disagree with your first statement: assuming that one's interpretation of a TMBG lyric is "correct" is often not a very safe undertaking. If anything is apparent on this list, it's that there are potentially as many interpretations of a lyric as there are listeners. For instance, I take this line to simply be a wry pun, and somebody else has probably cooked up an elaborate scenario involving teen death. Only John knows for sure what he was thinking when he wrote a particular lyric, but the fact that TMBG songs can have some sort of a personal meaning for everyone who cares to listen is one of the things that makes them so appealing. m@t ------------------------------ From: beland@MIT.EDU Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 01:05:44 EDT Anyone have any info on the Sept. 6 show in Boston? I'm mounting an expedition from MIT... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 01:16:50 -0400 From: Matthew Jason NeSmith Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-239 At 12:55 PM 9/2/96 EST, you wrote: >re: Disappointment > > NO NO NO! NO! NO! NO! > >"If it wasn't for dissappointment, I wouldn't have any appointment" has >nothing to do with appointments! It's just TMBG and wordplay, it means >"Dissappointment is all I got"... > You're talkin' doo-doo. Maybe you're having a reaction to the abortion statement a few emails back, I can't tell. But don't let's start with that (haw haw). However, saying that there is no other interperitation than yours is wrong. The more plausible readings (read: not relying on inside jokes or anything too specific) you can glean from a lyric, the more it reverberates. That line "if it wasn't for dissapointments..." can be taken many ways. To me, that's a good lyric. It isn't just wordplay. It's true that each of these interperitations seems to be rooted in the same sentiment. In that way, each interperitation that is not explicitly expressed adds depth and shading to the lyric. The only appointment this character keeps is with his disappointment. The simplicity of the lyric decieves the listener. Jason nummer drei. /////////////////////GOOD MUSIC CHEAP\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ | ##_####_## from | | ## /@ /@ # ___________ | | # ,___\___, < Lookit Meee! ) | | # \+++++/ Records | | ----~| |~---- | | All LP length cassettes!! $5 plus shipping | | write to Jason Nesmith 1226 Stoneybrook Dr. SE | | Atlanta, GA 30316 --or-- | | email jnesmith@mindspring.com for details | visit the Orange Hat cyberhose page!! www.mindspring.com/~jnesmith ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 01:28:17 -0400 From: Matthew Jason NeSmith Subject: shuffle At 10:08 PM 9/2/96 -0400, you wrote: . I just put Lincoln on shuffle and it played They'll Need a Crane >and Where Your Eyes Don't Go in a row, it was great! > The other day I was playing Apollo 18 (my favorite) on shuffle. It ended with 4 fingertips' pieces, finally finishing with,"What's that blue thing doing here?" which is great, beacuse those chords don't resolve. It really sounded weird and wonderful. Jason nummer drei. /////////////////////GOOD MUSIC CHEAP\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ | ##_####_## from | | ## /@ /@ # ___________ | | # ,___\___, < Lookit Meee! ) | | # \+++++/ Records | | ----~| |~---- | | All LP length cassettes!! $5 plus shipping | | write to Jason Nesmith 1226 Stoneybrook Dr. SE | | Atlanta, GA 30316 --or-- | | email jnesmith@mindspring.com for details | visit the Orange Hat cyberhose page!! www.mindspring.com/~jnesmith ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 00:46:22 -0500 (CDT) From: JAM (Jamal O Rogers) Subject: good songs hi all, I am rather pleased as I may possibly get the chance to host a show on my college's radio station, thus being in a position to get TMBG played as much as possible. However, I am asking for your assistance. On the application, it says to list 20 songs that represents the type of music that will generally be played on the applicant's show. I don't want to list just Their songs, as it will probably result in me not getting a show. I would appreciate it if you all would send me songs and their artists that might appeal to a TMBG audience in that they are a refreshing change from the Top 40 blandness that the public hears all the time, and reasons that it must therefore be good. thanks in advance, -j, the mysterious P.S.-Metal Detector is now my current favorite song. I wouldn't say it is in the style of the first three albums. I think it is closer in style to spiralling shape ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-240 ******************************