Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-257 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 257 Friday, 20 September 1996 Today's Topics: jive Polk Re: The Sucking Action of Mono Puff FS: TDWDTN ep (3rd time's the charm) Dave Mathews Band FW: Dave Mathews Band Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-256 Re: British Release Date Re: Monopuff other Mono Puff stuff? Re: Of a Mistake..... Mono crap Re: Mono crap ALMOST GOT IT release date Re: Mono crap Re: ALACHUA Re: ALACHUA A good chuckle not much tmbg talk? Mailing list HUM: Poorly worded ads (**1/2) (fwd) Re: Mailing list Why I love Chocolate (fwd) Just some questions Songs on the single? Metal Detector WAV? Monopuff and non-Flans members humor and forwards House of Blues Just some questions Misc. T, & FS in UK A Very Special Letter Re: Mono crap Re: Metal Detector WAV? I'm going to kill someone Why I hate Spam *and* Chocolate (was: Re: Why I love Chocolate (fwd)) Polk on jeopardy? Ahheemm. Settle down, bluedawg Re: Why I love Chocolate (fwd) Re: A Very Special Letter Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 05:25:52 -0400 Subject: jive Polk I'd feel guilty if I didn't post this. James K. Polk, dig dis: In 1844, de Democrats wuz split De dree nominees fo' de super-dudeial kindun didate Were Martin Van Buren, some fo'ma' super-dude and an abolishunist James Buchanan, some moderate Louis Cass, some general and 'espansionist From Nashville came some dark ho'se ridin' up He wuz James K. Polk, Napoleon uh de Stump Austere, severe, he held few sucka's dear His o'ato'y filled his foes wid fear De facshuns soon agreed He's plum de dude we need To brin' about victo'y Fulfill our manifest destiny And annex de land da damn wet-backs command And when de votes wuz cast da damn winna' wuz Mista' James K. Polk, Napoleon uh de Stump In foe sho't years he met his every goal He seized da damn whole soudwest fum Mexico Made sho' nuff de tarriffs fell And made da damn English sell de Oregon territo'y He built an independent treasury Havin' done all dis he sought no second term But precious few gots' mourned da damn passin' of Mista' James K. Polk, our elevend super-dude You'sng Hicko'y, Napoleon uh de Stump --Christy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 02:29:38 -0800 From: batura@nccn.net (Adam Kline) Subject: Re: The Sucking Action of Mono Puff Hey, hey, I've got the Hello EP, the Devil single, and Unsupervised. Here's my thoughts... HELLO EP : Tryptophan is the greatest song of all time. Unsupervised is genius in action. DEVIL SINGLE : I like TDWDTN(TR). I really like Oddball. Tryptophane is the greatest song of all time. Totally Remade is spooky and contains a backwards message (don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed). UNSUPERVISED : Guitar Was the Case has the greatest song title of all time. Unsupervised still rocks me. Distant Antenna gets skipped over (possibly the worst song of all time). The vocals should have been turned up on "Kildare." Careless Santa is the greatest song of all time. I don't mind the new beginning to "Nixon" so much. Those are my thoughts regarding this issue. They are, quite possibly, the greatest thoughts of all time. Adam --------------------- Adam Kline - batura@nccn.net --------------------- | The Beatles - They Might Be Giants - Paul Simon - Ben Folds Five | | Elvis Costello - The Ziggens - Violent Femmes - Freedy Johnston | | Yah-Yah Littleman - Cake - The Amish Ninja - Beck - Tom Petty | | Sublime - Frente! - The Muppets - Badical Turbo Radness - the Rutles | ------- People who live in glass houses shouldn't drink poison. --------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:09:53 -0700 From: Green Jello Subject: FS: TDWDTN ep (3rd time's the charm) ok, ok... i know that i've posted this twice before... i have an extra copy of TDWDTN it contains: TDWDTN (totally rocking) oddball tryptophane TDWDTN (totally remade) i just want someone to offer to buy it or offer me something in trade. (sarah who wrote me about a possible trade i tossed your message when i attempted to sell it to the second person... sorry, let me know if you're still interested) ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE ***CERTAIN*** YOU WILL FINISH THE DEAL. the first guy said he wanted it... i haven't heard from him in 5 weeks he's out the second girl said she wanted it... she wrote back that her school was costing her too much to buy it at least she wrote back now it could be your turn... let me know if you are interested. Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 22:38:21 +1000 From: Earthy Rock Subject: Dave Mathews Band >I received a lot of mail from both sides over at the Dave Matthews Band > list serv. Dave Mathews Band list!? Did someone say there was a Dave Mathews mailing list? What;s the address, or how do I get on it!? Ta, Ad. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Adam Poskitt ! ! custer@ros.com.au ! !Get out your big stick! !and beat the hell out ! ! of anything that ! ! stands in your way ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 07:16:21 PDT From: Ryan_Shepard@xn.xerox.com (Shepard,Ryan) Subject: FW: Dave Mathews Band Dave Mathews Band list!? Did someone say there was a Dave Mathews mailing list? What;s the address, or how do I get on it!? It's been a while since I had to subscribe.....nancies@dmb.list.org should be the right address....that's where I post my messages. I imagine posting a request there should give you the right answer as to where to subscribe to. There's the daily constant message version (where I'm at) and the digest. shep members.tripod.com/~RoadTrip/index.html ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96 10:47:41 EDT From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-256 hello all. please don't flame! i've had probs with el mailboxo lately, so i haven't gotten to read any of my digests! :( i was just wondering when the new schtuff is due out, so i don't miss it-- did i make this up, or am i remembering correctly that something is out the 24th? please let me know asap, so i don't miss it! :) theeenks!!! peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** http://www.cmich.edu/~343sxvt *** *** *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: 19 Sep 1996 08:56:00 +0200 From: parreira@tmbg.org (Daniel Rodrigues Parreira) Subject: Re: British Release Date Organization: puppet head "Mark M. Iles" wrote: > Someone suggested that the UK release date was to be earlier than > the US one. I can't remember now what date was mentioned (the fourth, > maybe?), but I checked on it straight after reading the post and it would > mean that the album was released on a Friday. This isn't very likely, > since every other album under the sun is released on a Monday (to maximise > chart position the next week). Soooooo... could whoever posted the date > explain where they got it from, because I think they may be mistaken. > Although it'd be great if it were true, 'cause for once we Brits could > make the Americans feel jealous - I'm really sick of people complaining > that they 'only' get to see TMBG fifteen times a year. I was the one who mentioned it. I didn't talk about a "UK" release but about a European release. Actually, I *assumed* it was a Eur. release. I live in Holland so if what you're telling is true, that must mean it's just the Dutch release. Lucky me. :) _ _ _ _ | \ |_) |_) parreira@aquawolf.xs4all.nl (_iao... |_/aniel | \odrigues |arreira parreira@ecsi.chem.uva.nl parreira@tmbg.org amsterdam, the netherlands, europe biochemistry student at the pgp key available on request university of amsterdam http://ecsi.chem.uva.nl/~parreira ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:33:25 -0400 Subject: Re: Monopuff Okay, as I'm listening to this cd and have been all morning, and noticed my opinions changed about some stuff on here already, before I even read these posts this morning, I gotsta put my 2 cents in. :) I have a copy of the Hello recording of it, and could not wait to get the cd. Well, once I got it, I was like "hey, what's going on?" and wasn't too impressed by the Rykodisc version. I really *didn't* like DIHTR?, but now I kinda like it. But it nowhere compares to the fast-Flans-sung version on the PODAS tape. I wasn't too crazy about SL,M on the Hello one, but it was fun to sing with. I like the Ryko version better. It's...prettier (?). I was suprised to hear Dr. K in a ska-ish version, but hey. I still don't know which version I like better. The NTO guitar strumming at the beginning: just scan through it, man! Maybe he wanted variety, okay? Or maybe he wanted the song longer than 1 minute, and had to add some thing. Am I the only one here reminded of Sonic Youth during GWTC? Especially the intro? and the 1minute 40 second mark? and the 2 minute mark? I like the Hello version of WBTS better, with the melatron thingie like in TSM. If you could translate my abbreviations, I commend you. :) -sarah :) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html Too tired to write a witty quote. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:33:30 -0400 Subject: other Mono Puff stuff? okay, i forgot this in my last letter. this is kinda also a note to NitpickR, since he taped this for me. on my copy of the Hello Mono Puff release, there's also 3 other songs. They sound like Flans, so I'm asssuming they're Mono Puff. I don't have titles for them, so I'll try my best to describe. One is something like "Truth of lust, won't set me free, now I see-ee-eeee; painful smile, on the fun fourth floor, ask for mo-o-ore....." with a really neat beat. Next is a techno-y-ish song that's really cool and definitely Flans. It's something like "Tom Blue (?), won't you help meeeeee, I want to think like you, Tom Blue, won't you help meeeeee, I want to think like you, with all the things you say, you put my mind through college, with all the things you say," .....[something I have no idea what they're singing]..."Words are the moving, from town to town. Houses are moving from town to town...." last is another really cool song. it's like "Lullaby to nightmaaaaaaaares, whisper loow, in the night, wheeeere bat wings floow, that's where all, the friiiightmaares go, where the elephants die....wouldn't you like, to try..." can anyone help me out? -sarah :) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 11:33:31 -0400 Subject: Re: Of a Mistake..... >>Anyway, I went into a music store and asked them why 'factory sshowroom' wasn't on their oct 8th releases board. They told me that the company had called them and was delaying it or something. Is this guy talking out of hie left ear or what?!? Is is still on time here......? << To make you feel any better, I was at Media Play, and Kids In The Hall: Brain Candy was *not* on their movie release board for releases Sept-Dec (and the rent release was the 17th, purchase release is today!!!) but it is out now. So don't worry about it. They (the store, not Them) just might be confused. -sarah, who poured milk in her coffee and it didn't explode. :) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:02:55 -0400 (EDT) From: Mark Noble Subject: Mono crap I'm sorry to be such a jerk, but I've only been on this list for a day now, and all the talk is about Flans/Mono Puff. Really, people, it's not that great, and besides, it's not really TMBG, now is it folks? Yeah, it's related material, but how many times can you reiterate it. I'm sorry, but I want to hear about Linnell sometimes. The poor guy hasn't been mentioned. You know, what's he up to these days? ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: Mono crap Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:07:25 -0500 (CDT) > I'm sorry to be such a jerk, but I've only been on this list for a day now, > and all the talk is about Flans/Mono Puff. Really, people, it's not that > great, and besides, it's not really TMBG, now is it folks? Yeah, it's > related material, but how many times can you reiterate it. I'm sorry, but I > want to hear about Linnell sometimes. The poor guy hasn't been mentioned. > You know, what's he up to these days? The way I see it, there's really not too much to talk about with TMBG itself right now, aside from speculations we have over the new albums, etc, so barring something major popping up, what's wrong with talking about Mono Puff? I happen to love the band, and while I haven't been getting into any discussions on the subject, heck, I think it's interesting hearing what other people are saying 'bout the whole thing... Mono Puff's close enough to TMBG to me; I suggest a strong dose of sleep to help get the edge off... But now that you mention it, how _is_ that wonderful accordion-wielding maniac, anyway? [1] -CJ [1] That was _not_ a rip on the Most High Mr. Linnell... In case you took it the wrong way... I really need to update my .sig... "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`"~"""~"~"~"'~"~"~~"~"`""`"<<>>"~~'`'"""~"""'~""'"`"~'`~"`' CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: ALMOST GOT IT Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96 11:52:00 P Yes tha's right, within the week I may have FACTORY SHOWROOM ON CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you are probably wondering, how did he pull this off? getting the cd a month before it will be released... well I will tell you ho. call up your local radio station ,and ask if they have a copy of Factory showroom. If so, try to get a dubbed copy of it. BUT! in some luckyu cases, the radio station may have 2 copies, plus a really nice supervisor. I AM SO PUMPED!! Brenden - nednerB ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:03:10 -0400 From: Jason Murphy Subject: release date I just did my first radio show of the year here at school, and upon my surprise there was the advance promotional copy of Factory Showroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i guess that's a leg up on the U.K. for all us Yanky DJ's, huh? :) I nearly wet my pants on the air when i saw the cd!! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:44:57 -0400 (EDT) From: gonk@valley.net (Robert Grabill) Subject: Re: Mono crap >The way I see it, there's really not too much to talk about with TMBG itself >right now, aside from speculations we have over the new albums, etc, so barring >something major popping up, what's wrong with talking about Mono Puff? Ok Ok Ok Ok... There just may be more then speculations remaining. Hell, some of us have celebrated the recieving of FS today by listening to it for the 25th time! So anyway, to make you all jealous, I think I'll do an album review. 1. S-E-X-X-Y I assume mosy of you have heard this by now, but for those who haven't, It's quite good. The best line for me is "There she is standing on the bed cookie in one hand she wants to be a man" 2. Until My Head Falls Off A fast but not too skillful song. Funny lyrics of a guy looking for his advil. 3. How Can I sing Like A girl? Catchy Catchy Catchy, second only to NYC and Metal Detector, I think this should have been the single. 4. Exquisite Dead Guy Odd. Very good intro, and an amazing vocal performance by both Flans and Linnel. 5. Metal Detector Very Light And Circusy. That means like a circus. There's and oompah organ in the background and the style of the song changes in the middle. For those of you who have only heard the .wav, you have missed a whole minute of cute light stuff. 6. NYC Man oh man do they do Cub proud! This song is an incredible remake and remains my second favorite they song of all time. One line was changed, it Empir state where king kong lived but they changed it to Dylan. ???????? 7. Your own worst enemy I really don't like this song. It's very reminisant of Unrelated thing. 8. XTC vs Adam Ant An amazing guitar part by Erik, and a song about XTC is cool, but not represnted very well. 9. Spiralling Shape Not changed. Still love it 10. James K Polk Took out the LA's and replaced them with the singing saw, boy was that a mistake. 11. Pet Name I used to not like it, but it's grown on me. 12. I can hear you This song makes little sense. It's still awesome that it was recorded at edison labs. 13. Ringing of the Bells A great song that always lulls me to sleep. Can you tell that I'm bored? I hope so. ___ _____ .'/,-Y" "~-. l.Y ^. /\ _\_ i ___/" "\ | /" "\ o ! l ] o !__./ ________________ \ _ _ \.___./ "~\ /Robert L Grabill\ X \/ \ ___./ / gonk@valley.net \ \ ___. _..--~~" ~`-. / \ ` Z,-- / \ / \ \__. ( / ______) / *STUFF ROB LIKES* \ \ l /-----~~" / / \ Y \ / / \ | "x______.^ / \ | \ / www.dragonfire.net/~RobNg \ j Y ---------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:44:43 -0400 From: MLiq Organization: none Subject: Re: ALACHUA The official web page of the Alachua Music Harvest is: www.atlantic.net/~gama/harvest.html They probably have the phone number. BTW, the festival is at the Alachua FairGrounds next to the airport. I believe some list person said that everyone would meet under a Ukrainian flag. P.S. Be sure to add your page the the TMBG Web Ring at http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/webring/ -- MLiq- mliq@digital.net *------------------------------------ |The They Might Be Giants Link Page| |http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/| *-------------------------------------------- |The They Might Be Giants Web Ring | |http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/webring/| *-------------------------------------------- > Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 01:13:16 PST > Subject: ALACHUA > From: kalton@juno.com (kenneth a herniman) > > ok then... > to any floridian fan's. if you havent already found out there is > going toi be a music festival in Alachua county october 4-6. headliningg > it will be TMBG, George Clinton & The P-Funk All Stars, and over 50 other > bands. its $15 for 3 day pass and $10 for a tent site. i had the number > around here but i seem to have misplaced it so then you'll just have to > become more resourcefull and find it for yourself wont you? > > -ken ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:45:11 -0400 From: MLiq Organization: none Subject: Re: ALACHUA This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------66A41EB5FE1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit -- MLiq- mliq@digital.net *------------------------------------ |The They Might Be Giants Link Page| |http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/| *-------------------------------------------- |The They Might Be Giants Web Ring | |http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/webring/| *-------------------------------------------- --------------66A41EB5FE1 Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Message-ID: <3241A2AB.399D@digital.net> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:44:43 -0400 From: MLiq Organization: none X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0 (Win95; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: ALACHUA References: <199609190604.CAA24863@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The official web page of the Alachua Music Harvest is: www.atlantic.net/~gama/harvest.html They probably have the phone number. BTW, the festival is at the Alachua FairGrounds next to the airport. I believe some list person said that everyone would meet under a Ukrainian flag. P.S. Be sure to add your page the the TMBG Web Ring at http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/webring/ -- MLiq- mliq@digital.net *------------------------------------ |The They Might Be Giants Link Page| |http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/| *-------------------------------------------- |The They Might Be Giants Web Ring | |http://ddi.digital.net/~mliq/tmbg/webring/| *-------------------------------------------- > Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 01:13:16 PST > Subject: ALACHUA > From: kalton@juno.com (kenneth a herniman) > > ok then... > to any floridian fan's. if you havent already found out there is > going toi be a music festival in Alachua county october 4-6. headliningg > it will be TMBG, George Clinton & The P-Funk All Stars, and over 50 other > bands. its $15 for 3 day pass and $10 for a tent site. i had the number > around here but i seem to have misplaced it so then you'll just have to > become more resourcefull and find it for yourself wont you? > > -ken --------------66A41EB5FE1-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:21:37 -0500 From: AbigailFredMarvin Subject: A good chuckle I just got this joke from my dad and I thought definatly mail worthy!!! (Especially for Eugene and any other aggies you might be able to pass it to:): Welllllllll, there were these three guys trapped on a deserted island; one from TCU, one from Texas, and one an Aggie. One day a bottle washes onto shore. One of them grabs it, pulls out the cork, and out pops a genie. "This is perfect," says the genie. "There's three of you. I'll grant you each one wish." The TCU guy spoke up first. "I wish I were back at the mansion in Fort Worth, with mommy and daddy, and Geeves was bringing us all cognac." POOF! He was back in Fort Worth just like he said. Next the Texas guy spoke. "I wish I was in Austin, down on Sixth Street listening to a really great band play." POOF! He was in Austin, just as he wished. Then the Aggie looked around, frowned, and said, "Gee, it's lonely here without those guys, I wish they were back." Hook 'em Horns!!!!! 0000,0000,ffffAbbie 0000,0000,8080=) 0000,8080,0000,_ (0000,0000,8080*0000,8080,0000)(*0000,8080,0000) _, ffff,0000,0000&0000,8080,0000 \ { ` } / \_\ /_/ | | \__/ / \__/`~ ~._/ 8080,0000,8080 Froggy the Amphibious!!! ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: not much tmbg talk? Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:56:54 -0400 (EDT) Actually there is (or was) stuff to talk about concerning TMBG. But nobody said anything about the Zoots show in maine or the Iron Horse show in Northhampton. Wher eare the people who went to these shows and why haven't theyposted? but TMBG aren't playing anywhere right now I don't think, until tonight for House of Blues and tomorrow night for Larry Sanders, set your VCRs!!! I do enjoy Monopuff very much and like to talk about that. Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:08:32 -0400 From: The Cox Family Subject: Mailing list any body know how i quit this thing please help me. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 13:20:07 -0700 (PDT) From: Liam Singer Subject: HUM: Poorly worded ads (**1/2) (fwd) This has nothing to do with them, but I thought it was quite funny... POORLY WORDED ADS 2 female Boston Terrier puppies, 7 wks old, Perfect markings, 555-1234. Leave mess. Lost: small apricot poodle. Reward. Neutered. Like one of the family. A superb and inexpensive restaurant. Fine food expertly served by waitresses in appetizing forms. Dinner Special -- Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children $2.00. For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers. Four-poster bed, 101 years old. Perfect for antique lover. Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair to take home, too. Wanted: 50 girls for stripping machine operators in factory. Wanted: Unmarried girls to pick fresh fruit and produce at night. We do not tear your clothing with machinery. We do it carefully by hand. For Sale. Three canaries of undermined sex. For Sale -- Eight puppies from a German Shepperd and an Alaskan Hussy. Great Dames for sale. Have several very old dresses from grandmother in beautiful condition. Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it. Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children. Vacation Special: have your home exterminated. If you think you've seen everything in Paris, visit the Pere Lachasis Cemetery. It boasts such immortals as Moliere, Jean de la Fontain, and Chopin. Mt. Kilimanjaro, the breathtaking backdrop for the Serena Lodge. Swim in the lovely pool while you drink it all in. The hotel has bowling alleys, tennis courts, comfortable beds, and other athletic facilities. Get rid of aunts: Zap does the job in 24 hours. Toaster: A gift that every member of the family appreciates. Automatically burns toast. Sheer stockings. Designed for fancy dress, but so serviceable that lots of women wear nothing else. Stock up and save. Limit: one. We build bodies that last a lifetime. For Rent: 6-room hated apartment. Man, honest. Will take anything. Man wanted to work in dynamite factory. Must be willing to travel. UsedCars: Why go elsewhere to be cheated? Come here first! Christmas tag-sale. Handmade gifts for the hard-to-find person. Modular Sofas. Only $299. For rest or fore play. Wanted: Hair-cutter. Excellent growth potential. Wanted. Man to take care of cow that does not smoke or drink. 3-year-old teacher need for pre-school. Experience preferred. Our experienced Mom will care for your child. Fenced yard, meals, and smacks included. Our bikinis are exciting. They are simply the tops. Auto Repair Service. Free pick-up and delivery. Try us once, you'll never go anywhere again. Holcross pullets. Starting to lay Betty Clayton, Granite 5-6204. Illiterate? Write today for free help. Girl wanted to assist magician in cutting-off-head illusion. Blue Cross and salary. Wanted. Widower with school-age children requires person to assume general housekeeping duties. Must be capable of contributing to growth of family. Mixing bowl set designed to please a cook with round bottom for efficient beating. Semi-Annual after-Christmas Sale. And now, the Superstore--unequaled in size, unmatched in variety, unrivaled inconvenience. We will oil your sewing machine and adjust tension in your home for $1.00. CREDIT: Clown50@aol.com \\|// (o o) THE ORACLE SERVICE HUMOR MAILING LIST ~~~~~~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Steve Willoughby's E-mail: SUBSCRIPTION: --------------------------- ----------------- oracle@synapse.net To subscribe to the Oracle's st944wk3@post.drexel.edu mail list, send a message with only the word SUBSCRIBE in the body (not the subject) of the message to: WWW Site humour-list-request@lists.synapse.net ------------- http://www.synapse.net/~oracle/Contents/HumorArch.html ~~~~~~~~oooO~~~~~~Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:49:05 -0400 (EDT) From: "Mike Rose, from Totonot" Subject: Re: Mailing list On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, The Cox Family wrote: > any body know how i quit this thing please help me. > Well, first, try some of this gum. It'll give you the same sensation overall but without the nasty side effects. When you're ready for bed, make sure you go to the bathroom first. Wear numerous layers of pyjamas, nothing with flaps or buttons, and make sure it's baggy and not too tight. You may even wish to tie your hands to the bed, so that during the night an unconscious desire will not get your fingers a-grasping. There are also tapes you can play as you sleep, as well as a support group you can join. The first step is recognising that you have a problem, and the next big step is to allow others to help you. However, none of this will work if you don't want to help yourself. Mike http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 17:03:34 -0400 (EDT) From: Stephen M Helmick Subject: Why I love Chocolate (fwd) ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 23:12:05 -0400 From: Samantha Brdek To: Helmick@bgnet.bgsu.edu Subject: Why I love Chocolate >To: emc2@po.cwru.edu >From: sxb18@po.cwru.edu (Samantha Brdek) >Subject: Why I love Chocolate > >>Return-Path: JNMarich@aol.com >>From: JNMarich@aol.com >>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 21:28:33 -0400 >>To: sxb18@po.cwru.edu, hlogan@nike.heidelberg.edu, >> themanintheblacksuit@prodigy.com >>Subject: Fwd: [atitler@capital.edu: Choc.] >> >> >>--------------------- >>Forwarded message: >>From: az361@yfn.ysu.edu (Adam J. Guerrieri) >>Reply-to: az361@yfn.ysu.edu >>To: jnmarich@aol.com >>Date: 96-09-17 19:04:20 EDT >> >> >> >> ================= Begin forwarded message ================= >> >> From: atitler@capital.edu (Amanda Titler) >> To: az361@yfn.ysu.edu >> Subject: Choc. >> Date: Mon, 16 Sep >> >> >> >From s0210720@cc.ysu.edu Sat Sep 14 09:40 EDT 1996 >> Return-Path: >> Received: from unix1.cc.ysu.edu by capital.edu (5.x/SMI-SVR4) >> id AA21849; Sat, 14 Sep 1996 09:40:54 -0400 >> Received: (from s0210720@localhost) by unix1.cc.ysu.edu id JAA22409 >> (8.6.13/IDA-1.6); Sat, 14 Sep 1996 09:48:27 -0400 >> Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 09:48:26 -0400 (EDT) >> From: Patricia A Mihalick >> To: mandy titler >> Subject: chocolate (fwd) >> Message-Id: >> Mime-Version: 1.0 >> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII >> Content-Length: 2687 >> Status: RO >> >> >> >> ---------- Forwarded message ---------- >> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 23:17:53 -0400 (EDT) >> From: Andrea Moore >> To: s0210720@cc.ysu.edu >> Subject: chocolate >> >> >>From CMHAMMON@CC.OWU.EDU Fri Sep 13 16:20:21 1996 >> >From: CMHAMMON@CC.OWU.EDU >> >Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:14:24 -0500 (EST) >> >Subject: chocolate >> >To: MOORE.718@osu.edu >> >X-VMS-To: MOORE.718@OSU.EDU >> > >> >From: IN%"SMFITZGE@CC.OWU.EDU" 13-SEP-1996 10:37:49.77 >> >To: IN%"cmhammon@CC.OWU.EDU" >> >CC: >> >Subj: >> > >> >Return-path: >> >Received: from cc.owu.edu (198.30.39.145) by CC.OWU.EDU (PMDF V5.0-5 >>#15648) >> > id <01I9FE0KYKBK003QSM@CC.OWU.EDU> for cmhammon@CC.OWU.EDU; Fri, >> > 13 Sep 1996 10:37:48 -0500 (EST) >> >Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:37:48 -0500 (EST) >> >Date-warning: Date header was inserted by CC.OWU.EDU >> >From: SMFITZGE@CC.OWU.EDU (Sara Fitzgerald) >> >Subject: >> >X-Sender: SMFITZGE@cc.owu.edu >> >To: cmhammon@CC.OWU.EDU >> >Message-id: <01I9FE0LS3O2003QSM@CC.OWU.EDU> >> >MIME-version: 1.0 >> >X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Version 1.4.4 >> >Content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" >> >Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT >> > >> > >> >TOP TWENTY REASONS WHY CHOCOLATE IS BETTER THAN SEX: >> >1) You can GET chocolate. >> >2) "If you love me you'll swallow that" has real meaning with chocolate. >> >3) Chocolate satisfies even when it has gone soft. >> >4) You can safely have chocolate while you are driving. >> >5) You can make chocolate last as long as you want it to. >> >6) You can have chocolate even in front of your mother. >> >7) If you bite the nuts too hard the chocolate won't mind. >> >8) Two people of the same sex can have chocolate without being called >>nasty >> >names. >> >9) The word "commitment" doesn't scare off chocolate. >> >10) You can have chocolate on top of you workbench/desk during working >>hours >> >without upsetting your co-workers. >> >11) You can ask a stranger for chocolate without getting your face >>slapped. >> >12) You don't get hairs in your mouth with chocolate. >> >13) With chocolate there's no need to fake it. >> >14) Chocolate doesn't make you pregnant. >> >15) You can have chocolate at any time of the month. >> >16) Good chocolate is easy to find. >> >17) You can have as many kinds of chocolate as you can handle. >> >18) You are never too young or too old for chocolate. >> >19) When you have chocolate it does not keep you neighbors awake. >> >20) With chocolate size doesn't matter. >> > >> >***Send this to 5 people or your heart will be broken in the next 24 >>hours. >> >This has been proven to work. It has traveled around the world 50 times >>in >> >the past 2 weeks, and over 300 couples have broken up. So, if you have >>ever >> >wanted to fall in love, or if you want to keep whatever you have now >>going, >> >all I gotta say is get to sendin'... >> > >> > >> > >> Andrea Moore >> >> >> >> >>-- >>"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes" >> -Captain James T. Kirk from "Star Trek" >> >>"I thought I was in love once, but it was just gas" >> >> >> > ------------------------------ From: S0003483@VAX.NIAGARA.EDU Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 18:13:18 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Just some questions Hello guys and gals, I have heard tell about a song titled "The Devil Went Down To Newport" is that a remake/take off of the Charlie Daniels Band "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" and/or Mark O'Conner's "The Devil Went Back To Georgia?" Those two are really upbeat Fiddle songs that tell a story about the Devil challenging "A boy named Johnny about the Devil challenging a boy named Johnny to a fiddle-duel over the boy's soul. Just hoping that the connection is real, that's all. I also heard that there is a single coming out this month (the twenty fourth was it?), does anybody know what songs that single will include? I know there are more than the standard 6 albums by TMBG. I have yet to ever hear mention of them anywhere but on this list and home pages. How many are there, and where can I get them? (Yes, as you can guess I am new to this die-hard fan stuff, though Ive loved Them long time) See you 'round, have fun fellas, SJL ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:15:12 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Songs on the single? What songs will be on the single besides S-E-X-X-Y and S-E-X-X-Y Club Mix?? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot . <-- http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 "It's as much fun as a barrel of monkees... and a shotgun." -Another Satisfied Customer ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:30:34 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Metal Detector WAV? Where can I download the Metal Detector WAV?? I downloaded it before, but it got deleted (Whoops). So where's the site where it's posted? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot . <-- http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 "It's as much fun as a barrel of monkees... and a shotgun." -Another Satisfied Customer ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:58:34 -0400 Subject: Monopuff and non-Flans members Hello 41- To start, I really like Monopuff. No, the recording styles aren't very consistant, but it was a good experimentation record. In many ways, it reminds me of Misc. T, which has every different and funky kind of song in the book. I know that TMBG is basically John and John are the backbone of TMBG. It seems to me that the other band members, and Linnel of late, haven't been mentioned much. Linnel is probably working on his State Songs... The day the day stood still Adam ------------------------------ Subject: humor and forwards From: themoesel@juno.com (Chris Moesel) Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:37:11 EDT Hello all, Was anyone else under the impression that this was a They Might Be Giants list? I coulda sworn it was. You see, I was on a humor list once, but I really thought I had unsubscribed. Funny thing is, the forwarded jokes keep on coming here. Hmmm... I don't want to be a party-pooper, but there are other lists for the purpose of distributing jokes. If you browse the net, you can find the address for one of them. They really appreciate good humor. We really appreciate They Might Be Giants. Let's not get them mixed up, okay? Thanx- -Chris P.S. I enjoy flames. Please write me ( = ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: House of Blues Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 20:19:54 -0400 (EDT) > >Actually there is (or was) stuff to talk about concerning > >TMBG. But nobody said anything about the Zoots show in maine > >or the Iron Horse show in Northhampton. Wher eare the people > >who went to these shows and why haven't theyposted? > >but TMBG aren't playing anywhere right now I don't think, until tonight > >for House of Blues and tomorrow night for Larry Sanders, set > >your VCRs!!! > >I do enjoy Monopuff very much and like to talk about that. > >Matt > What??? them on TV??? When??? Where??? I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!! > (translation from demaning brat language: > OH! they are gonna be on tv?! Could you please tell me when and on what > channels cause i don't have any idea when those shows are on. Thank You) You konw, now that I look at the Cable guide I dnot see it listed anywhere. I thought it was on one of those Turner Network channels? Anyone have any idea what channel or what time? Or is this going to be broadcasted some other day? Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: Just some questions Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 20:26:05 -0400 (EDT) > Hello guys and gals, Hi there. > > I have heard tell about a song titled "The Devil Went Down To > Newport" is that a remake/take off of the Charlie Daniels Band "The > Devil Went Down To Georgia" and/or Mark O'Conner's "The Devil Went Back > To Georgia?" Those two are really upbeat Fiddle songs that tell a story > about the Devil challenging "A boy named Johnny > > > about the Devil challenging a boy named Johnny to a fiddle-duel over the > boy's soul. Just hoping that the connection is real, that's all. Well, it really doesn't have anything to do with these songs, although many a people have mentioned how the song has the similar title to The Devil Went Down to Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band. I even heard that sound during the Olympics in Atlanta. I've never heard of The Devil Went Back to Georgia. This does sound amazingly like a Kids in the Hall episode where the guy has a guitar duel against the Devil and he plays the Holy Trinity of Rock, Smoke on the WAter! A classic episode back in the day when I could actually watch it on HBO. My cable company is evil and won't give me Comedy Central. > > I also heard that there is a single coming out this month > (the twenty fourth was it?), does anybody know what songs that single will > include? Yes, the single is SEXXY but I can't remember what the b-sides will be. Someone told me once, but damn my memory! I better get more Simm chips > > I know there are more than the standard 6 albums by TMBG. I have > yet to ever hear mention of them anywhere but on this list and home pages. > How many are there, and where can I get them? (Yes, as you can guess I am > new to this die-hard fan stuff, though Ive loved Them long time) There are indeed many singles which can be found (althoug that Hotel Detective and Statue Got Me High single seem to elude me to no end.) There is also I Palindrome I, Istanbul, Don't Let's Start, They'll Need a Crane, Back to Skull, Why Does the Sun Shine?, the Guitar, and I can't think of any others at this moment. Goodbye Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 01:24:50 +0100 From: Joe Keith Subject: Misc. T, & FS in UK Misc. T: Misc. T and DLS comp. are the same except that "Hello Radio" is missing from DLS, and because of that, DLS on DLS (confused yet? ;)) is track 1 and so the untitled track is still in its rightful place of 13. UK release of FS.... [crying into his coffee] I spoke to the press dept. at Warners today and was told emphatically that there is no planned date of release for either FS or a single of any description. Now I don't know if this was a wind-up or not, but they seemed pretty sure about it. Backed up by a very kind person at HMV who said there was nothing slated for release before mid-October. Perhaps if enough people call Warners they just might be persuaded to rethink this ludicrous injustice and give us FS on Oct. 7th??? The number is 0171-937 8844 - ask for the press dept. and ask them when FS is coming out. Joe -- * JoeKeith@dircon.co.uk * * Favourite song right now: The Part Of The Anchor - Robert Lloyd * Favourite word right now: Toerag ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 20:36:22 -0400 From: Peter May Subject: A Very Special Letter Kiss someone you love and make magic. With love, all things are possible. This letter has been sent to you for good luck. The origin is New England. It has been sent around the world nine times. The luck has been sent to you. You will receive good luck within four days of receiving this letter, and you must, in return, send luck. This is no joke. Send NO money. Send copies to people you think need luck. Do not send money, as fate has no price. Do not keep this letter. It must leave your hands within 96 hours. A Pan Am officer received $170,000. Joe Elliot received $70,000 and lost it because he broke the chain. While in the Phillipines, Cane Walch lost his wife six days after receiving this letter. He failed to circulate the letter. However, before her death, he received $7,775. Please send 20 copies and see what happens within four days. The chain comes from Venezuela and was written by Saul Manthony Degroug, a missionary from South America. Since the copy must tour the world, you must make 20 copies and send them to your friends and associates. After a few days you will get a surprise. This is true. Even if you are not superstitious. DO note the following: Constantine Dias received the chain in 1963. He asked his secretary to make 20 copies and send them out. A few days later, he won the lottery of $62,000,000. Carl Baddit, an office employee, received the letter and forgot it had to leave his hands within 96 hours. He lost his job. Delen Fairchild received the letter, and not believing, threw the letter away. Nine days later, he died. In 1987, the letter was received by a young woman in California. It was faded and barely readable. She promised herself that she would retype the letter and send it out, but she put it aside. She was plagued with various problems. The letter did not leave her hands within 96 hours. She finally typed the letter as promised and got a new car. Now this letter is on the Internet. Send it by any means possible to 20 people within 96 hours and keep the chain going! Send NO money. Do not ignore this letter. It works. ---If anyone receives this and it annoys you, PLEASE DON'T SUE!--- ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Mono crap From: superuprecht@juno.com (Ruprecht the Ass) Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:23:11 EDT On Thu, 19 Sep 1996 15:44:57 -0400 (EDT) gonk@valley.net (Robert Grabill) writes: >3. How Can I sing Like A girl? >Catchy Catchy Catchy, second only to NYC and Metal Detector, I think >this >should have been the single. Wouldn't that make it third? >4. Exquisite Dead Guy >Odd. Very good intro, and an amazing vocal performance by both Flans >and >Linnel. Linnell. >5. Metal Detector >Very Light And Circusy. That means like a circus. There's and oompah >organ >in the background and the style of the song changes in the middle. For >those of you who have only heard the .wav, you have missed a whole >minute >of cute light stuff. I dig circus music, like on "House of Fun" on Madness's self titled... >6. NYC >Man oh man do they do Cub proud! This song is an incredible remake and >remains my second favorite they song of all time. One line was >changed, it >Empir state where king kong lived but they changed it to Dylan. >???????? I'm told it's cub, not Cub. Flansy couldn't make out the words. >7. Your own worst enemy >I really don't like this song. It's very reminisant of Unrelated >thing. I miss the days when Linnell was in control, wait, I can't tell you about that. >8. XTC vs Adam Ant >An amazing guitar part by Erik, and a song about XTC is cool, but not >represnted very well. Next they need to teach Flans to play guitar. Whatever that means. >13. Ringing of the Bells >A great song that always lulls me to sleep. > Beck is very good music to be lulled to sleep by. > _____ > .'/,-Y" "~-. > l.Y ^. > /\ _\_ > i ___/" "\ > | /" "\ o ! > l ] o !__./ ________________ > \ _ _ \.___./ "~\ /Robert L Grabill\ .sig long enough, Rob? Try five lines. =========================a spooky man named Ike========================= The Web: http://www.inca.de/user/ruprecht/ The E-mail: Ruprecht@tmbg.org The Annoying Quote: "Madness is all in the mind" =================I wish that I could jump out of my .sig================ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:52:42 -0500 From: Jeff Gustafson Organization: They Might Be Giants Subject: Re: Metal Detector WAV? Evan Chakroff wrote: > > Where can I download the Metal Detector WAV?? I downloaded it before, but > it got deleted (Whoops). So where's the site where it's posted? > -- > Evan Chakroff > The Internet Mystery Spot > . <-- http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 > "It's as much fun as a barrel of monkees... > and a shotgun." -Another Satisfied Customer You can download Metal Detector at my site, http://www.dragonfire.net/~Moogle/tmbg.htm And in aswer to your other question the SEXXY single will include: CD: S-E-X-X-Y Sensurround (new version) I've Got a World That Swings S-E-X-X-Y (club mix) Cassette: S-E-X-X-Y Unforgotten S-E-X-X-Y (Club mix) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 21:45:24 -0400 () From: BlueDawg Subject: I'm going to kill someone The next person who spells John Linnell's name "Linnel" will get many nasty responses from me. Please, people "Linnell". -Dawg ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 21:53:06 -0400 () From: BlueDawg Subject: Why I hate Spam *and* Chocolate (was: Re: Why I love Chocolate (fwd)) 1. They both turn moldy in your mailbox after the umpteenth reading. 2. They both make AOL mailboxes gag, and spew back messages 3. Spam and Chocolate don't go together 4. This T-Shirt came out before the internet was around, I'm sure Do I need to continue? -Dawg ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 23:31:16 -0400 Subject: Polk on jeopardy? Did anyone else see the "presidential nicknames" category on Jeopardy tonight? I immediately yelled "Mr James K Polk, Napoleon of the Stump!!!" when I saw it, and now my parents think I'm cracked. Unfortunately, Young Hickory was not included in the category :( and he was also excluded from the "19th century democrats" category a few weeks ago. However, James Buchanan was included in that one. I think this show has its priorities messed up. now a real question: when is the Larry Sanders show with Them going to be aired? Actually tomorrow on the 20th, or is it just being taped then? --Christy (searching frantically for the tv guide) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Sep 96 03:24:22 UT From: "Andreas Baeuchle" Subject: Ahheemm. Excuse me my name is Andreas and I'd like to say that . . . I LOVE John Henry (the album). Yes and that's not all. I'd also like to take the time to say O' Do Not Forsake Me is an awesome song. It rocks Thank you Anonymous A John Linel John Linnnelll John Lynel John Lycra John Lollapalooza John Linill John Lineup John Lepricorninmyteethfromlastmonday'sdinneratTGIFriday'swhichwasgood ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Leda Glodell) Subject: Settle down, bluedawg Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 23:05:30 -0500 You seem very mad tonight..... sure they misspelled the name of the immortal god- linnell but MURDER??? (we sre not Mayans, the linnell god is not displeased and no human sacrifice, OK?) why do i get the feeling i'm gonna see a re: Settle down, bluedawg message in my mailbox soon? _________________________________________________ / -WYATT GLODELL-WGLODELL@BARABOO.COM- \ |"Chinese people were fighting in the park we tried | |to help 'em fight no one appreciated that" -TMBG | \_________________________________________________/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 18:22:19 -0700 (MST) From: JWH Subject: Re: Why I love Chocolate (fwd) Do not ever send a forward to this list, especially if you leave all of the forwarding crap on the beginning. My mailbox is full enough without the top twenty reasons Chocolate is better than sex, even though its not! -Josh Hamilton jwh@U.Arizona.Edu -=or=- jwh#TMBG.org ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 18:28:20 -0700 (MST) From: JWH Subject: Re: A Very Special Letter Leo, hello list administrator!?! What is this crap and why did I get it? Everyone else, (peter may) No more forwarded messages, none, not one, zero, get it yet?! Everyone else, I am pissed off now. I will sue. -Josh Hamilton ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-257 ******************************