Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 26 Friday, 26 January 1996 Today's Topics: STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! Re: STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! Re: happifying stuff John^2 and guitars that can't be reached Re: John^2 and guitars that can't be reached Re: John^2 and guitars that can't be reached Sorry for the SCREAMING... Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-25 stuff. Re: STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! My thoughltess thoughts... Re: My thoughltess thoughts... They Might Be Geography Dunces Administrivia: CHANGES!!!!! The digest volume and issue numbers have been set to reflect the year and day. This year is volume 2, the issue number should match the day of the year. The ftp server has been reconfigured. Now the _only_ way to get back archives is from ftp.tmbg.org. For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 07:15:27 -0500 Subject: STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! From: mrme@usa.pipeline.com (Rabbit Ears) is's Persephone.. for the last time, get it through your ears!! Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone THANK YOU!! -- :Rabbit Ears: ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 10:30:21 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: Re: STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, Rabbit Ears wrote: > is's Persephone.. for the last time, get it through your ears!! Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone > Persephone > > THANK YOU!! > -- > > :Rabbit Ears: > Gee.... do you all think he's trying to say something here? :) Persephone...... I seem to recall that she's involved with Hades or something.... never could keep my mythological greeks straight...... Who knows. Absolutely sure that this has nothing to do with anything, 'Nette ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Narf! Poit! Zort! Egad!" -Pinky, on various occasions "I was sailing along with the people/ Driving themselves to distraction inside me" - TMBG, "The End of the Tour" ~Jeanette C. Frost~frost@trenton.edu~Trenton State College~ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 08:16:15 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: Re: happifying stuff What is her name? Well, no one knows for sure, but we had a vote, and Persephone was the outcome (I voted for Genevieve). I have a hunch, however, that her name is in the linear notes, in the section "Ground crew". On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Jenna Davis wrote: > Okay, I give up. What is her name? (Or is that in the FAQ's, which I > admit I've never read...) > > >On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Liam Singer wrote: > > > >> Since when is her name Alice? > >> > >I'm sorry, everyone, mental slippage. I just wanted her to be called > >Alice, and, that must have been wishful thinking on my part. Yeah. Tee hee. > > > >-Jenny, who wasn't the _only_ one to vote for Alice, if she remembers > >correctly... > > ____________________________ > Jenna Davis > Dallas, TX > jenna@onramp.net > > "Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, > and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and > angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough." > -William Saroyan > ------------------------------ From: M3MEEBKM@aol.com Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 11:47:18 -0500 Subject: John^2 and guitars that can't be reached In a message dated 96-01-25 03:40:43 EST, you write: >Sometimes I wait in front of Flans cause he shoves his guitar >out to the first row and they play it. I miss playing it by about an >arms length this time! Tried as I might, my arms as well, were(and still are) too short to reach the guitar last concert I went to.(I went to the new 930 club to see them, anybody else there?) What do you say we go get our arms stretched so we have this problem no more? :) Erika ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 12:09:58 CST From: "Gates, Jason Robert David" Subject: Re: John^2 and guitars that can't be reached I actually got to touch his guitar last December. It was actually one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I was in the very first row pressed up against the stage and it was like he was just handing the guitar to me. - JASON GATES ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 13:16:37 -0500 (EST) From: Frosty the Supervisor Subject: Re: John^2 and guitars that can't be reached On Thu, 25 Jan 1996 M3MEEBKM@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 96-01-25 03:40:43 EST, you write: > > >Sometimes I wait in front of Flans cause he shoves his guitar > >out to the first row and they play it. I miss playing it by about an > >arms length this time! > > Tried as I might, my arms as well, were(and still are) too short to reach the > guitar last concert I went to.(I went to the new 930 club to see them, > anybody else there?) What do you say we go get our arms stretched so we have > this problem no more? :) > Erika > I'll go with ya.... the one concert I went to, I was a mere three feet away from Flans (oh, my heart!), but still, not close enough to play. Believe it or don't: since I started the show in the back of the club, I decided to walk through the moshpit to get to the stage...... and made it unbroken for the most part..... my feet were slightly trodden upon, but who cares; it was worth it to get that close!!!! :D Luv to all, 'Nette ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Narf! Poit! Zort! Egad!" -Pinky, on various occasions "I was sailing along with the people/ Driving themselves to distraction inside me" - TMBG, "The End of the Tour" ~Jeanette C. Frost~frost@trenton.edu~Trenton State College~ ------------------------------ From: BOAR_110@access.ohio.gov Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 15:00:15 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Sorry for the SCREAMING... BUT HEY, WHEN YOU'VE GOT THE SPIRIT OF THE TWO JOHNS FLYING THROUGH YOUR VEINS, YOU HAVE TO PRAISE THE LORDS!!! CAN I GET A WITNESS?! {{CONGREGATION}} BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS, I AM PROCLAIMING MYSELF AS ONE OF THE BIG... ERR, MOST GiANT OF ALL FANS OF THEY THAT MIGHT BE GODS!! {{ANGELIC VOICES}} LET'S FACE IT, EVERYONE NEEDS A GIMMICK AND EVERYONE NEEDS A TRADEMARK. SOME ARE TO QUOTE FAMOUS PEOPLE. MINE IS ALL CAPS. BY THE WAY, IT HELPS GREATLY IN YOUR SEARCH TO PLAY THE ALMIGHTY GIBSON OF FLANS WHEN YOU KNOW HIS ADDRESS AND ARE A VERY CLOSE FRIEND OF THEY. UNFORTUNENTLY, I AM RIGHT HANDED. BUT, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEY ARE GODS. HALEUJIA! BLACKHAWK ------------------------------ From: Plaguerat2@aol.com Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 15:13:10 -0500 Subject: Re: tmbg-list Digest #2-25 to all the happy little people, this list is going weird places.. now we're arguing which John is cuter... C'mon guys and girls everyone knows that Tony was the cutest... but alas he's gone, so the head roadie has got my vote. the plaguerat *------------------------------------------------------------------------------ *-------------------------------------------- the world would be perfect if it wasnt for all the stupid people funky jo porto III aka the love demon ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 15:38:21 -0500 (EST) From: "DAVID A. MEYERSON" Subject: stuff. > Now what is all the homophobia arising on this list recently?!!? You don't > have to have a sex change to go out with a guy i'm not homosexual, but my lesbian lover is. ;) > (both my Girfriend and I > would love to go out with Lin more than flans...nothing bad,. I assure you, > "he's just cuter!") but Flans is so cuddly, i think people underestimate the cuddly factor. may the force be with you daniel ------------------------------ Subject: Re: STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 17:57:05 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Rabbit Ears: >Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone Persephone [etc.] You misspelt "PersephANNOY" ;) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 21:43:13 -0500 (EST) From: Cuper Vargas Subject: My thoughltess thoughts... Does anyone know when or where Brian Dewan might be playing in the near future? The last time I saw him was back in April(?) '94 opening for the Johns in Poughkeepsie. -It is useless trying to decide which of the two Johns is better. They work TOGETHER. As a TEAM. (With the exception of the things they didn't do together, like the State Songs. Damn, just pointed out the flaw in my own theory.) -Anyway, is anyone going to the show at RIT next week? It's seven hours away, but I can crash at my friend's dorm room. I'm afraid, though, because shows at college campuses always suck (frat boys + beer + cheap tickets = no fun). I might have to, though, because he (my friend) must see the new James K. Polk banner. (It's impossible to not be a jerk while holding a giant banner, but, hey, it says James K. Polk in bright red letters). Wow, this was pointless. Next time I'll have something useful to say. -Slacker Ng. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 23:20:51 -0500 From: STLJP01@moravian.edu (LISA PAINTON) Subject: Re: My thoughltess thoughts... >Does anyone know when or where Brian Dewan might be playing in the near >future? The last time I saw him was back in April(?) '94 opening for the >Johns in Poughkeepsie. > Does anybody know if Brian is planning any new albums? I have his first album, "Tells the Story." My dad got a sampler of some of his newer stuff months back from the Hello! recording club. I was wondering if anyone knew what he was planning on doing with these recordings? ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 17:30:58 +1200 From: michael.carr@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michael Carr) Subject: They Might Be Geography Dunces okay time to get picky people. In the song Ana Ng, there is a theory that the Ana mentioned lives in Vietnam right? well they go onto say about how 'water spirals the wrong way down the sink'...which of course I've had this asked of me, by iggerent northern hemisphere people, like what way down does the water go? and the answer is that I dont know if it's anti clockwise or clockwise, because I never bothered to look, but it's WRONG WRONG ALL WRONG because: Vietnam is in the northern hemisphere too. which means that whoever is singing the song on a narrative basis must be in Peru like the theory goes. Oooooooooooooooooooh wow... boy it sure is sunny (suffer!!) Mike ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-26 *****************************