Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-262 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 262 Wednesday, 25 September 1996 Today's Topics: Re: British Release Date Happy Factor Showroom Cover Art Re: In my vein, in my mind, in my chemistry I find... In my vein, in my mind, in my chemistry I find... Factory Showroom in Australia Factory Showroom date MTV -EVERY ONE READ THIS!!! Re: MTV -EVERY ONE READ THIS!!! Who Sings What list update SEXXY who sings what Re: SEXXY Re: who sings what Re: Some thoughts. + OAT Re: XTC vs. Adam Ant life in TMBG-ville cool radio station! RE: XTC vs. Adam Ant Re: Singles, videos ignore this message... Re: Factory Showroom date mono puff and stuff Re: Linnell and more! (none) monopuff shirt TMBG on the road with Hootie? Re: TMBG on the road with Hootie? SuperFueledFreakcicle I'm finally going to see Them! Single release Darwin Durn Re: Single release Re: Some thoughts. + OAT Re: Some thoughts. + OAT Re: Durn Single Problems Single Problems (again) Re: Flans on the radio in Vegas My heartfelt appologies to all of you. Re: Durn Re: Some thoughts. + OAT .....aaaaarrrggghhh!! New album Re: Darwin Australian release dates. FW: SEXXY Re: boot info? Shep vs. Mechagodzilla Re: Some thoughts. + OAT Re: New album Re: SEXXY weezer Australian Import John Henry Re: New album Re: Australian Import John Henry sexxy Re: My heartfelt appologies to all of you. Re: Shep vs. Mechagodzilla Old Songs Re: SEXXY Re: New album Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: slkey1@student.monash.edu.au Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 16:11:03 AEST-10 Subject: Re: British Release Date The more important question is WHEN IS FACTORY SHOWROOM COMING OUT IN AUSTRALIA? This is what I want to know. Also, does anyone know when They are coming to Melbourne on their World Tour? Thanks, love Sarah.========================================================= SLKEY1@MFS02.cc.monash.edu.au ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 02:32:46 -0400 (EDT) From: Eric Webber Subject: Happy I'd say It's Not My Birthday, but it is! Love and Happiness to everybody, it's good to be back on the list! -Wubba (((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-))) Eric Webber- erwst9+@pitt.edu wubba@tmbg.org "We intend to offend and alarm and annoy" -The Penis Wolves ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:20:43 From: pburge@gnn.com (King of Knowledge) Subject: Factor Showroom Cover Art I've seen a couple requests here for some kinda description of the FS cover. I'm not absolutely sure about this, but at the Hatch (NOT HAT) Shell concert in Boston a couple weeks ago a local record chain (Stawberry's I think) had a table set up near the edge of the open grassy area (the HS is an outdoor venue) and they were handing our flyers announcing FS's Oct. 8 release date. The handbill had some black & white artwork that I *assume* was the cover artwork. It shows (if I remember correctly) something that looks like a storefront window with the words "They Might Be Giants" stenciled on the window in sort of an arching fashion. Under those words was an arrow shaped sign (pointing to the left) hanging in the window that says "Factory Showroom" as if, you know, the factor showroom is around the back, kinda sorta thingy. KOK No doubt about it, I gotta get another hat! And now for something really important. ------------------------------ From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: In my vein, in my mind, in my chemistry I find... Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 7:56:45 18000 > Has everyone else noticed quite how catchy and singalongable "Tryptophane" > is? Today I popped the TDWDTN single in my player and FF'ed to track three. > 15 minutes later (that's 10 listens, in case you don't know) I was still > sitting there, with the player on "Repeat 1" and still singing happily along > to every note. I had to force myself to take it out so I could actually do > some work. To tell you the truth, I am pretty disappointed that this song > was on the TDWDTN single. Why? Because it kept it from being where it should > have been: on Factory Showroom/Superfueled Freaksickle. After all, this song > was originally written (and recorded; AFAIK this song has only been recorded > once, and that recording was used for DAS, the Mono Puff EP, and the TDWDTN > single) for TMBG. Why on earth J&J rejected it is beyond me; it's quite Sorry, but Tryptophane is definitely NOT on the Mono Puff EP. I only wish it were! I have only heard it once, then my friend threw the tape out the window and it sadly smashed onto the ground below. -- *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org *----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: In my vein, in my mind, in my chemistry I find... Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 08:22:23 -0400 (EDT) > Hideho! > > Has everyone else noticed quite how catchy and singalongable "Tryptophane" > is? Today I popped the TDWDTN single in my player and FF'ed to track three. > 15 minutes later (that's 10 listens, in case you don't know) I was still > sitting there, with the player on "Repeat 1" and still singing happily along > to every note. I had to force myself to take it out so I could actually do > some work. To tell you the truth, I am pretty disappointed that this song > was on the TDWDTN single. Why? Because it kept it from being where it should > have been: on Factory Showroom/Superfueled Freaksickle. After all, this song > was originally written (and recorded; AFAIK this song has only been recorded > once, and that recording was used for DAS, the Mono Puff EP, and the TDWDTN > single) for TMBG. Why on earth J&J rejected it is beyond me; it's quite > TMBG-ish, it's catchy, it's got great TMBG-style lyrics, and just in general > kicks ass. Maybe JF refused to use it for TMBG so he could save it for Puff. > I dunno. I still think it should have been a TMBG song. If you recall Tryptophane was on the Monopuff EP and therefore is a Monopuff song. Why it is not on Unsupervised is a good question as it is a great song. One of the cooler things about singles, though is the fact that nifty b-sides are very cool to find, especially if a large portion of the people don't have these singles that go out of print. Then you have a cool, rarer b-side called Tryptophane! Unfortunately, this single seems to be pretty widely sold... This case differs from the New York City example since Monopuff merely played the song live (and for only 4 concerts in fact). It was never recorded under the Monopuff name but was moved to John's other band TMBG to be recorded. So it would seem that you don't like Monopuff all that much and you find TMBG to be far far superior. Or else why would you not want this song to be on the Devil single? Actually I agree with you to a certain extent, I do like TMBG more, but I do think Monopuff is a rather great band. Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 23:13:02 +0700 From: petery7@ozemail.com.au (Peter Young) Subject: Factory Showroom in Australia In regards to the new release in Australia......I called Collect Records in Parramatta. The guy said the Cd was scheduled for this month but had not come in with the delivery. He said give it a couple of weeks. However, Waterfront have it listed in their mailout as October 22. In this week's On The Street (Sydney) there is an article and interview with John Flansburgh about Mono Puff, but in it he comments that TMBG will be touring Australia in Jan/Feb 1997!! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:29:02 -0400 (EDT) From: Sean Kinlin Subject: Factory Showroom date Okay, I'm worried. Oops, maybe I should elaborate. I was in Tower Records yesterday (yes, it's another record store panic story) and I took a look at their New Releases board. They had TMBG listed under Oct. 15th, not the 8th. I wonder if this Tower was wrong, or if the album has been delayed a week. I hope it's the former. -Sean ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: MTV -EVERY ONE READ THIS!!! Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 08:37:00 P well, I was watching mtv, (please forgive me) and they said, if there is any thing that you want to see, just e-mail us. WELL. Maybe if we all e-mailed them at once saying, PLAY MORE TMBG, they would. SO if every body would send a message to mtvprime@aol.com maybe we would see some groovy videos for once. Brenden - nednerB AKA - The Hypnotist of LAdies ~in alliance w/ the vigilant philibuster~ misuser of verbs ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: MTV -EVERY ONE READ THIS!!! Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:23:02 -0500 (CDT) > mtvprime@aol.com I just sent some mail there, and it got bounced back saying "Unknown User..." Odd.. You sure the address is right? -CJ, formerly of the CYBORG and ANAKIN fame... Soon to return as Anakin once again.... I really need to update my .sig... "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`"~"""~"~"~"'~"~"~~"~"`""`"<<>>"~~'`'"""~"""'~""'"`"~'`~"`' CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ Subject: Who Sings What list update Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:30:16 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts The Semi-Canonical List of Who Sings What for TMBG has been updated to version 1.6. Changes include a first attempt at adding Factory Showroom; please review them and see if they seem right. Also added a couple of the "compilation" tracks - remind me of any others I've forgotten (I didn't include Spiralling Shape as it appears unchanged on FS). It can be found at http://umn.edu/~cab/whosings.txt ============================================ Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu Chris Bongaarts My opinions are my own, http://umn.edu/~cab Univ. of Minnesota and they are right. CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) GCS d-- s+:+ a22 C+++ ULHSX++++$ P++++ L++ E W++ N+ o+ K+++ w-- !O M+ !V PS+ PE Y-- PGP-- t+ !5 !X R tv b+ DI++++ D+ G++ e h- !r y? [GeekCode 3.12] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: SEXXY Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:32:45 -0400 (EDT) Bad news it seems. I have called every record store in southern MD, and Washington DC, including HMV, Kemp Mill Music, Tower Records, and many others and none of them have gotten the SEXXY single. HMV said Oct 1! Another place said the SEXXY maxi-single will be out Oct 15!! This is insane. Tower said to check back either later today or tomorrow and they might have more info as they and some other places have it on order. I can't imagine that the DC metro area would be behind on getting this single, this doesn't look promising. Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: who sings what Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:35:13 -0400 (EDT) To add to the who sings what list, which John sings the song Living Doll found on the Frank O' Toole show? Any idea? Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 12:15:32 -0400 From: John Drauss Subject: Re: SEXXY Matthew James wrote: > > Bad news it seems. I have called every record store in > southern MD, and Washington DC, including HMV, Kemp Mill Music, > Tower Records, and many others and none of them have gotten > the SEXXY single. HMV said Oct 1! Another place said the > SEXXY maxi-single will be out Oct 15!! This is insane. > Tower said to check back either later today or tomorrow > and they might have more info as they and some other places > have it on order. I can't imagine that the DC metro area would > be behind on getting this single, this doesn't look promising. > Matt > -- Same story on my end, too. I've been to commercial stores, indie stores, mall stores, and noone has the S-E-X-X-Y single. It's not even listed on those MUSE cd computer listings. Maybe next year. john ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 12:05:55 -0400 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: who sings what >To add to the who sings what list, which John sings the >song Living Doll found on the Frank O' Toole show? I think that is almost definitely Flans, with Linnell backing. -- Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ Funny quote deferred to "finger" My computer (finger, ftp, gopher, http, whois): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 12:30:38 -0400 Subject: Re: Some thoughts. + OAT >>I will only say that a cookie goes to the man (or woman, thank you stan) who figures out where I learned how to build frames... << The Unofficial TMBG site, right? Just a guess. ;) >>So then, after a short spree, TMBG is no longer the flavour of the week on Mtv, no one really likes them, and they never sell another album. << Yeah, but just wait til They come back with Their version of "Macarena." Now there's a sight... -sarah :) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html "Recycle reuse; resent and refuse; our parents ideals and views." - Barenaked Ladies ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 12:30:35 -0400 Subject: Re: XTC vs. Adam Ant >>Has anyone else noticed that XTC and Adam Ant are both puns on the words ecstasy meaning intense delight and the word adamant meaning inflexable or unyielding. I just think it's interesting that there is unexpectedly more than meets the eye in this song.<< Maybe they are going for a "S-E-X-X-ier" image, after all! ;) And something else, I just want to tell you all.. Shep played Don't Let's Start and S-E-X-X-Y on his show last night! :D Was it your doing, Shep, or the playlist's? This station is good though, guys. I heard "Particle Man" on it last week and "Ana Ng" a few days ago. -sarah :) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html "I don't think I need a rubber room, but hey that might be nice; I'm not a manic depressive paranoid or schizophrenic so I don't need your advice." - Barenaked Ladies ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 12:30:32 -0400 Subject: life in TMBG-ville >>I think that's the nail hit on the head, Shep! Whereas we don't want the chains, chocs and party cracker jokes, sometimes it is nice to find out what everyone does after they've just played Lincoln for the 15th time that day. (I know, they play it a 16th time!!!). << I couldn't agree more. When you have friends offline, you talk to them about more than one subject, correct? You tell them what's going on in your life, correct? We're all friends here, correct? :) Like, I think it's cool to hear from people with as much in common as yourself (can't find these people at school). Personally, I love hearing OAT from you guys. Especially Josh's Factory Showroom dream (despite the fact that was email, but hey). Just my $.02. -sarah :) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html "Today is onions day." - Space Ghost ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 13:46:48 -0400 Subject: cool radio station! Ha ha ha ha aha ahahah hah hah! I'm just rubbing this in-- "Someone Keeps Moving My Chair" is on the radio now. We have such a freakin' cool station. And Shep--It's *Joey* Guist-no playing it! Of course, as I'm wrapping this letter up, it just ended. :( AH! He just said he *has* factory Showroom!!! :( Shep, ask him where he got it! He said it reminds him of Flood. Hmm... -sarah :) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 06:07:45 UT From: "Martin Baker" Subject: RE: XTC vs. Adam Ant >Has anyone else noticed that XTC and Adam Ant are both puns on the words >ecstasy meaning intense delight and the word adamant meaning inflexable or >unyielding. I just think it's interesting that there is unexpectedly more >than meets the eye in this song. Ah, now if it's about "ecstasy" maybe its another drugs related song ? (Oh dear, I hope no-one takes me too seriously on that one !) Well, I thought the lyrics sounded like someone was pretty trippin'! ------------------------------ Date: 24 Sep 1996 18:10:00 +0200 From: parreira@tmbg.org (Daniel Rodrigues Parreira) Subject: Re: Singles, videos Organization: puppet head Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > However, JH did have two singles, or almost did, > because there was a "Sleeping in the Flowers" promo single released to > radio stations, There was also a "AKA Driver" promo (to be seen on my webpage under the "some pictures" link) _ _ _ _ | \ |_) |_) parreira@aquawolf.xs4all.nl (_iao... |_/aniel | \odrigues |arreira parreira@ecsi.chem.uva.nl parreira@tmbg.org amsterdam, the netherlands, europe biochemistry student at the pgp key available on request university of amsterdam http://ecsi.chem.uva.nl/~parreira ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:36:30 -0700 (MST) From: JWH Subject: ignore this message... Same old, same old, FS is a no-go until the 15th I heard last night at the Midnight sale for the new Weezer album. Also, the single is going to be at least another week too; is this politics (tour, hootit, hooplah) or some internal problem, anyone know anyone at Elektra? -wondering ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 09:15:01 -0700 (PDT) From: Alex Subject: Re: Factory Showroom date On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Sean Kinlin wrote: > > Oops, maybe I should elaborate. I was in Tower Records yesterday (yes, > it's another record store panic story) and I took a look at their New > Releases board. They had TMBG listed under Oct. 15th, not the 8th. > > I wonder if this Tower was wrong, or if the album has been delayed a week. > > I hope it's the former. > I also went into Tower yesterday to inquire- they had it listed on the 8th, as they should have. BUT, they had no record of "S.E.X.X.Y" being listed as a single. I think I'll call them now and see if they've got it in. | Alex@europa.com | www.europa.com/~alex | | BarenakedLadies PetShopBoys Erasure TheyMightBeGiants | "For all of those who don't fit in, who follow their instincts and are told they sin..." -PetShopBoys ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 10:46:19 -0700 (PDT) From: Liam Singer Subject: mono puff and stuff Well, my friend has a friend who works in a record store that held a raffle, and the employees got to keep stuff that no one claimed... including a MONO PUFF SHIRT which my friend's friend gave to my friend and I am now trying to figure out how to get! The shirt is white with those red elastic sleeves and collar (you know, like the slinky or Mr. clean shirt). It says mono puff, and in between the words there is a small picture of John with 3 cigars in his mouth and holding up a beer. As far as the candy butchers, I have seen them open for Them once, and thought they were pretty good, with some catchy stuff (and I love the drummer). About halfway through their performance, they had a "take off your shirt" contest, and one guy actually did, so they threw him a sweaty rag, and said "I personally saw John and John rubbing eachother down backstage with this very rag." Then he invited a guy in the audience who was blowing bubbles onstage. Liam ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Linnell and more! Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 14:25:45 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Kaylum@aol.com: >This is quite true! I hate to open a can of worms, though, but there's one >song that I disagree with the "who sings what" list on--"Stormy Pinkness." > The list says Flans sings it, but I still swear it's Linnell! Typo, my bad, fixed. Thanks! -CB ------------------------------ From: superuprecht@juno.com (Ruprecht the Ass) Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 15:28:53 EDT I went to Tower records today, after my year book advisor/teacher drove me there after a great big field trip to a thingy in Grand Rapids, and asked the clerk about SEXXY... They told me, "Not till tomorrow"... So I'm thinking Wednesday release, what the fuck? I'm hating Elektra more by the minute... Special thanks goes out to my yearbook advisor who was really just killing time so we wouldn't have to go back to school... On Mon, 23 Sep 1996 20:56:36 -0400 (EDT) "Mike Rose, from Totonot" writes: > Anyway hope to see you there. And if you haven't yet, check >out >the web page frequented by preverts, http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy. >Lots to see and do. What are you trying to say? =========================a spooky man named Ike========================= The Web: http://www.inca.de/user/ruprecht/ The E-mail: Ruprecht@tmbg.org The Annoying Quote: "Madness is all in the mind" =================I wish that I could jump out of my .sig================ ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: monopuff shirt Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 15:42:30 -0400 (EDT) Ya konw I have this Monopuff shirt (signed by Flans man himself!) and I have a hard time believing it is him in that picture. It looks like him from a distance but up close it appears to be someone else. Also, he only has 2 cigars in his mouth. Matt -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ From: Joey@scott.net (Joey) Subject: TMBG on the road with Hootie? Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:43:54 GMT When visiting the Restless (www.restless.com) home page last evening, I came across something rather strange. Actually, there is some good news and some bad news. The good news is: Restless plans to release a 73 song double CD with 18 previously unreleased tracks sometime early 97. Yes this RULES!!!!! This will give all of us to get quality studio versions of songs previously only availible through bootleg recordings. However, the bad news is as follows. While scanning through TMBG's upcoming tour dates, I noticed something rather shocking. They are supposedly opening up for Hootie and the Blowfish on about the last 10 or so tour dates. I find this rather hard to believe myself, and I have yet to hear confirmation of this from anywhere but this page. This leads me to believe that this could be a bogus rumor, but if anyone else has heard anything drop me a line. Joey Bring on Factory Showroom p.s. I've heard that the SEXXXY single may not show up until after the album is released. :-( ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG on the road with Hootie? Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 14:58:45 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Joey: >scanning through TMBG's upcoming tour dates, I noticed something >rather shocking. They are supposedly opening up for Hootie and the >Blowfish on about the last 10 or so tour dates. I find this rather This is true. I've got my tix for the Minneapolis show on Halloween already. I figure I might as well stay for Hootie - I don't mind them and I might as well get my money's worth ($28 i think). -CB ------------------------------ From: Joey@scott.net (Joey) Subject: SuperFueledFreakcicle Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:11:02 GMT When is this due out? ANyone know, please drop me a line!!!!! Joey ------------------------------ From: S0003483@VAX.NIAGARA.EDU Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 16:32:11 -0400 (EDT) Subject: I'm finally going to see Them! HI all, I just want to say that after years of hopefull anticipation, and thanks to many answers to my "when/where are They playing" question to this list (I really thank everyone who answered) I WILL be at the Giants show at the Electric Factory in Philly! YES! Never seen Them before! Can't wait! I will be travelling from Niagara New York to see Them (well actually because I am kicked out of my dorm for Columbus Day weekend, but you know what I mean) by Bus, and I am looking forward to it, and I HATE bus trips. Anyway, See all you swingers who will be there to:) SJL ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 15:44:38 -0700 From: Linda Cowan Subject: Single release Well, I meant to post it but accidentally sent it to Matthew James. Here's what it was:Linda Cowan wrote: > > Matthew James wrote: > > > > Bad news it seems. I have called every record store in > > southern MD, and Washington DC, including HMV, Kemp Mill Music, > > Tower Records, and many others and none of them have gotten > > the SEXXY single. HMV said Oct 1! Another place said the > > SEXXY maxi-single will be out Oct 15!! This is insane. > > Tower said to check back either later today or tomorrow > > and they might have more info as they and some other places > > have it on order. I can't imagine that the DC metro area would > > be behind on getting this single, this doesn't look promising. > > Matt > > -- > > -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ > > Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper > > "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC > > Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash > > Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp > > Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass > > -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- > Hmmm, I just went to my local record store. They didn't have it either. > The guy there said it hadn't come in but might have been shipped late so > it would be there tomorrow. There is still hope, at least for those in > the Chicago area who went to Hegewisch records today cause that's where I > went. Hope that made sense. > > Trillian ------------------------------ From: vinorojo@juno.com Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 15:51:22 PST Subject: Darwin I went to look for the SEXXY single today, but Lo and Behold! There was none to be found anywhere near here. I asked the clerk and he looked it up. He said that it would be here on Oct. 15. I was so excited about hearing it all this afternoon because I never heard it yet. Sad, sad. Why must I be sad? A friend of mine typed up a little something that he found in a magazine. I read it and it sounded like "The End Of The Tour" from the album John Henry. It was not totally like the song, but it reminded me. It sounded like the guy in the article was trying to end his tour forever. He must have been on WLSD. This is the article in mention. Chevy Pilot Nominated For 'Darwin Award' You all know about the Darwin Awards - It's an annual honor given to the person who did the gene pool the biggest service by killing themselves in the most extraordinarily stupid way. Last year's winner was the fellow who was killed by a Coke machine which toppled over on top of him as he was attempting to tip a free soda out of it. And this year's nominee is ... The Arizona Highway Patrol come upon a pile of smoldering metal embedded into the side of a cliff rising above road at the apex of a curve. The wreckage resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it was a car. The type of car was unidentifiable at the scene. The lab finally figured out what had happened. It seems that a guy had somehow gotten hold of a JATO unit (Jet Assisted Take Off - actually a solid fuel rocket) that is used to give heavy military transport planes an extra "push" for taking off from short airfields. He had driven his Chevy Impala out into the desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. Then he attached the JATO unit to his car, jumped in, got up some speed and fired off the JATO! The facts as best could be determined are that the operator of the 1967 Impala hit JATO ignition at a distance of approximately 3.0 miles from the crash site. This was established by the prominent scorched and melted asphalt at that location. The JATO, if operating properly, would have reached maximum thrust within five seconds, causing the Chevy to reach speeds well in excess of 350 mph and continuing at full power for an additional 20-25 seconds. The driver, soon to be pilot, most likely would have experienced G-forces usually reserved for dogfighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners, basically causing him to become insignificant for the remainder of the event. However, the automobile remained on the straight highway for about 2.5 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied and completely melted the brakes, blowing the tires and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface, then becoming airborne for an additional 1.4 miles and impacting the cliff face at a height of 125 feet leaving a blackened crater three feet deep in the rock. (magazine and date unknown) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:33:09 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Durn My day is not going well. I'll spare most of the details. However, today I called Borders and Best Buy (two big chains. If they don't have it, no one will). Best Buy said that _nothing_ new was slated to be released by TMBG in the immediate future. No single, no album. Borders said that they had nothing except Factory Showroom on Oct. 8. On the official Billboard list of releases, there was never an entry for S-E-X-X-Y, but FS was Oct. 8. I haven't a clue, but suffice to say I don't have a new single in my posession, and I don't think I will for awhile (is this generally what we've been finding?) I wouldn't be upset if it was just delayed for sure, but this uncertainty really upsets me. Last time something new was supposed to be released, I thought 'Yea! It's the first time I've actually known when anything was coming out - anything of any kind - and I can get it right away! I've got the mailing list to thank.' Of course, that was Superfueled, which went from delayed to cancelled for awhile to reincarnated and delayed. I doubt the single will be the same, but I still don't like this. Also. Radio inappropriate things? Why? I don't mind, but it kinda ruins their 'wholesome' image (unless I misinterpret). RS ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:38:03 -0400 (EDT) From: Eric Webber Subject: Re: Single release On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Linda Cowan wrote: > > > Hmmm, I just went to my local record store. They didn't have it either. > > The guy there said it hadn't come in but might have been shipped late so > > it would be there tomorrow. There is still hope, at least for those in > > the Chicago area who went to Hegewisch records today cause that's where I > > went. Hope that made sense. > > > > Trillian > The exact same thing happened to me today at a National Record Mart in Pittsburgh. Maybe it was the same guy?! Anyway I'm definitely going down there tomorrow to find out. (about the single not the guy) take it easy, -Wubba (((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-)))(((-))) Eric Webber- erwst9+@pitt.edu wubba@tmbg.org "We intend to offend and alarm and annoy" -The Penis Wolves ------------------------------ From: Raldus@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:02:20 -0400 Subject: Re: Some thoughts. + OAT In a message dated 96-09-23 23:45:51 EDT, you write: >I'd like to put in that once a week a person gets an aol account, comes >to the tmbg list and decides to put us all in our places, thank you, >thank you so much, we like our places. Ok.......I just re-read what I wrote. I came off way more harshly than I meant to (In fact I sounded like a jerk)......sorry. I didn't mean to tick anybody off. All I meant was that we should maybe focus on the more positive aspects. Like why we like them instead of what ticks us off about what they do. >One bit. The problem with tmbg becoming popular. Let's say they become >ultra-popular for about a month, they gain millions of fans who will >never listen to factory showroom again in their lives. At the same time >they lose their cult-like dedicated fanbase who before then would have >listen to a record of bathroom noises if it said TMBG on it. So then, >after a short spree, TMBG is no longer the flavour of the week on Mtv, no >one really likes them, and they never sell another album. Meanwhile we >all stay home pissed listening to Lincoln. Ok.... I just think the opposite of everyone else here.....I WANT them to get popular. I WANT them to succeed. Wouldn't that be great? To see them finally having the fan base to do what they want? I mean think about it, do you think bands like U2. whether you like it or not, are told what to do? They are bringing in a lot of money for the label, so they get to do their own thing. I would love to see TMBG be allowed to do what they want and have the money to be able to do it. Besides I was talking about the favt that everyone seems to be so negative towards these topics, not the people themselves. I'm sorry if that sounds rude. It's not intended....It's just the way I speak. ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: Some thoughts. + OAT Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:07:58 -0500 (EST) > > They are obsessed with making their record company happy. If they had > balls they'd be out on the street right now getting resigned with > Bar/None. > And perhaps when you've become a professional musician, spent at least a decade nurturing your band, and gotten yourself into the same circumstances that TMBG are in, you will have earned the right to make that call. And then you can do it differently. m@t ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:21:25 -0500 (CDT) From: Brandon Callison Subject: Re: Durn About the car crashing into the mountain... That happened last month or something. My Physics teacher told me about it. Brandon ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:22:23 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Single Problems Did anyone _actually get_ the single? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot . <-- http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 "It's as much fun as a barrel of monkees... and a shotgun." -Another Satisfied Customer ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:24:59 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Single Problems (again) from www.tmbg.com: "A new single will be released on about September 24th. The song has not yet been chosen." this doesn't really tell us much, but has there been any actual confirmed release date? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot . <-- http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 "It's as much fun as a barrel of monkees... and a shotgun." -Another Satisfied Customer ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: Flans on the radio in Vegas Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 16:58:15 -0500 (EST) > > he said that the new album would be a lot funkier and have > some not-appropriate-for-the-radio wordage..... > Lectern? Folderol? I wonder what wordage he was referring to...? m@t ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:44:19 -0400 (EDT) From: Stephen M Helmick Subject: My heartfelt appologies to all of you. To all subscribers who were somewhat ticked at me for the chain letter, I would like to send you an appology. I ignorantly assumed that you would all appreciate my sick, lame sense of humor. I swear on my new copy of Factory Showroom that I'll never do such a thing again. I realise the error of my ways and am greatly disturbed by them. From now on, I promise to speak only of THEY when using the list. Thanx for being so tolerant of idiots like myself, and remeber keep on thinkin good thoughts. kobra -"Excitement, adventure- a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, < Mallrats> ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Durn Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:56:57 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of Brandon Callison: > >About the car crashing into the mountain... > >That happened last month or something. My Physics teacher told me about >it. That happened at least 6 months ago (when I first heard about it), probably more. Assuming, of course, that it's true. I suppose since I couldn't find it on www.urbanlegends.com, it might be. -CB ------------------------------ From: kucecj@sncils.snc.edu (Christopher J. Kucera) Subject: Re: Some thoughts. + OAT Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:55:23 -0500 (CDT) > And perhaps when you've become a professional musician, spent at least > a decade nurturing your band, and gotten yourself into the same circumstances > that TMBG are in, you will have earned the right to make that call. > > And then you can do it differently. Ah, yes, but without such speculations, this list is reduced to nothing more than a depository for tour dates and song lyrics. You can get those off the web... Argue on! Tell everyone how you think They should be doing things! Don't let life get boring... Speculate! Speculate! Whoohoo I need a nap! re: TMBG getting popular: I see TMBG changing their sound. Obviously (what with the band and all). Their sound is approaching what I consider to be the mainstream of things. I happen to not like this sound as much as Their old sound. And life goes on... If They get popular, if They don't, it really doesn't matter in the long run... Everyone just lighten up or something; argue about it, yes. Fight over it, no. ;) I'm up here in Wisconsin without a car, and the only place I can get to conveniently is the local Shop-Ko. They are not carrying the SEXXY single, either. (surprise, surprise.) Well, adios... Have fun, and... yeah. Go take a nap, too. *snooooorrrreeeeeee* -CJ I really need to update my .sig... "Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe." - Dante ~""`"~"""~"~"~"'~"~"~~"~"`""`"<<>>"~~'`'"""~"""'~""'"`"~'`~"`' CJ Kucera - kucecj@sncac.snc.edu - http://www.atw.fullfeed.com/~pez ------------------------------ From: KKBOWMAN@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 18:14:10 CDT Subject: .....aaaaarrrggghhh!! O.K. So who knows WHAT about the SEXXY single?? I've searched all over town, and can't find it anywhere. All the music stores say that the only scheduled release they have for TMBG is Factory Showroom on the 8th. Someone give me guidance....I'm turning rabid.... this is a quest..... Furthermore, I checked the $%#!!@ Electra web sight..... and it told me JACK!! Didn't even mention their upcoming album. Fools....I will vanquish them!! Perish!!! This blows. quaking from my lack of a they-fix, kit *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* G .~~~^} as i walk, i'm thinking of a new way to walk. U ..~ / as i think, i'm using up the time left to think. M {`` / --tmbg B ! O O ! Y ! ._. ! kit bowman (KKBOWMAN@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU) *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:24:37 -0400 (EDT) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: New album Does anything else see anything wrong with this: Release of 'A Testimonial Dinner' - Oct. 1995 JL "We're getting ready to record a new album." - April 15, 1996 M&C Interview, during the recording of the album, JL "It's on the upcoming XTC tribute." - presumably after April 15, 1996 but before July/August, when the magazine was published. Why don't these dates match up? When was the album actually recorded? RS ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:34:56 -0400 () From: BlueDawg Subject: Re: Darwin On Tue, 24 Sep 1996 vinorojo@juno.com wrote: > I went to look for the SEXXY single today, but Lo and Behold! > There was none to be found anywhere near here. I asked the clerk and he > looked it up. He said that it would be here on Oct. 15. I was so > excited about hearing it all this afternoon because I never heard it > yet. Sad, sad. Why must I be sad? > A friend of mine typed up a little something that he found in a > magazine. I read it and it sounded like "The End Of The Tour" > from the album John Henry. It was not totally like the song, but it > reminded me. It sounded like the guy in the article was trying to end > his tour forever. He must have been on WLSD. This is the article in > mention. > > Chevy Pilot Nominated For 'Darwin Award' (stupid urban legend snipped for the umpteenth time) STOP IT! I am really sick of seeing this stupid story. If I see it again, I'm leaving the list. Leo, please back me up on this one. This crap has to stop. -Dawg ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:41:13 +1000 From: bretth@dist.gov.au (Brett Harrison) Subject: Australian release dates. > was wondering if anyone had any info on these release dates down here? > i've called redback in wollongong who called elektra for me and have said > that nothing (neither a single or an album) is being realsed for at least 4 > weeks (i.e. both well after oct. 8). i called red eye in sydney who knew > nothing about the single, but said theyll have the album on oct. 8 as an > import though. a friend in melbourne said the album will be there on oct. > 19. anyone else got any other versions of the story? Well, I can't add much except to say that the store here in Canberra just says "October". I am sure you will be able to find the album on import by 9 or 10 October, as I have done this numerous times before, and the wait isn't all that long. What *I* want to know is when will we find out some tour dates?? :) Brett ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 09:58:39 PDT From: Ryan_Shepard@xn.xerox.com (Shepard,Ryan) Subject: FW: SEXXY Same story on my end, too. I've been to commercial stores, indie stores, mall stores, and noone has the S-E-X-X-Y single. It's not even listed on those MUSE cd computer listings. Maybe next year. I played S-E-X-X-Y last night on my radio show....it wasn't too bad. Personally, I dig earlier stuff, but this was pretty good. There's a 7-minute remix included on the CD single we had....but it was a promo, not the one that they'll be selling in stores. shep ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: boot info? Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:56:33 -0500 (EST) Matt James writes: > > Hi, I hvae this boot but I can't figure out what it is, it is not > labeled. The first song is Hello Radio (Martin, I mad a mistake > that song is about 55 seconds long). The second song is Kiss Me > Son of God (Linnell screams at the end), and the next song is > She Was a Hotel Detective (Flansburgh yells the name of the song > and has this echo going throughout theplace in the beginning). > This is a late 80s tape as they say this is from our new record > Lincoln, it's called Ana Ng. Any idea anyone? Thanks. This would be their show from Peabody's Down Under, Ohio, 1988. That performance of Hotel Detective makes me cringe in pain... m@t ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:53:22 PDT From: Ryan_Shepard@xn.xerox.com (Shepard,Ryan) Subject: Shep vs. Mechagodzilla And something else, I just want to tell you all.. Shep played Don't Let's Start and S-E-X-X-Y on his show last night! :D Was it your doing, Shep, or the playlist's? This station is good though, guys. I heard "Particle Man" on it last week and "Ana Ng" a few days ago. "Don't Let's Start" was the playlist. I got out of control (too much coffee) and played SEXXY since I had never heard it and you all were talking about it so much. I don't know, like I said, it's not bad. Not PHENOMENAL, but not bad. In other news, I just got e-mail from John S. Hall of King Missile. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty thrilled. shep members.tripod.com/~RoadTrip/index.html ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: Some thoughts. + OAT Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:11:32 -0500 (EST) > > Ah, yes, but without such speculations, this list is reduced to nothing more > than a depository for tour dates and song lyrics. You can get those off the > web... Argue on! Tell everyone how you think They should be doing things! > Don't let life get boring... Speculate! Speculate! > This list has sustained wonderful, interesting, engaging, and informative discussions in the past without reduction either to dry lists of dates or to this type of inflammatory "speculation." I am sorry if that bores you. If you want arguments, perhaps you should be watching daytime TV instead. I'd suggest "Rolonda." m@t ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:35:36 -0400 () From: BlueDawg Subject: Re: New album On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Ryan Staib wrote: > Does anything else see anything wrong with this: > > Release of 'A Testimonial Dinner' - Oct. 1995 > JL "We're getting ready to record a new album." - April 15, 1996 > M&C Interview, during the recording of the album, JL "It's on the upcoming > XTC tribute." - presumably after April 15, 1996 but before July/August, > when the magazine was published. Why don't these dates match up? When was > the album actually recorded? The album wasn't recorded until this spring. Flansburgh was doing, *ahem*, other things. -Dawg ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:44:45 -0400 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: SEXXY >Same story on my end, too. I've been to commercial stores, indie > stores, mall stores, >and noone has the S-E-X-X-Y single. It's not even listed on those MUSE > cd computer >listings. Maybe next year. About the MUSE things... They didn't have Unsupervised or Mono Puff listed untill a few days after the release, if I remember corectly, and do those things list singles? (Nevermind, i remembered that they do) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot . <-- http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 "It's as much fun as a barrel of monkees... and a shotgun." -Another Satisfied Customer ------------------------------ Subject: weezer Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:50:32 +1000 (EST) From: "yublocka" > Same old, same old, FS is a no-go until the 15th I heard last night at the > Midnight sale for the new Weezer album. Also, the single is going to be > at least another week too; is this politics (tour, hootit, hooplah) or > some internal problem, anyone know anyone at Elektra? > -wondering well all this makes me feel slightly better for there being no sign of any new tmbg down in australia. btw is the new weezer album out there? i thought it came out sept 29th? maybe its just me. theyre playing here in australia on oct 12th..never seen em before...wohooo! my little dance of joy for the day, tamara. ------------------------------ From: bartush@calweb.com Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:04:30 -0700 Subject: Australian Import John Henry Good Hello, I was at a local New/Used Record store here in Sacramento today looking for the new single (which wasn't there OR at Tower Records...grrrr!) and I noticed they had a NEW copy of the Australian import John Henry CD with the extra live tracks. It was priced at $30. My question to those of you who have the CD is this: Is it worth the money? How many live tracks are there? Are they good quality? I know this has been discussed before, but I'm afraid I wasn't paying much attention. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Matt ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 21:14:55 -0400 (EDT) From: gonk@valley.net (Robert Grabill) Subject: Re: New album > Does anything else see anything wrong with this: > >Release of 'A Testimonial Dinner' - Oct. 1995 >JL "We're getting ready to record a new album." - April 15, 1996 >M&C Interview, during the recording of the album, JL "It's on the upcoming >XTC tribute." - presumably after April 15, 1996 but before July/August, >when the magazine was published. Why don't these dates match up? When was >the album actually recorded? > >RS April 15 is my birthday. Neat huh ___ _____ .'/,-Y" "~-. l.Y ^. /\ _\_ i ___/" "\ | /" "\ o ! l ] o !__./ ________________ \ _ _ \.___./ "~\ /Robert L Grabill\ X \/ \ ___./ / gonk@valley.net \ \ ___. _..--~~" ~`-. / \ ` Z,-- / \ / \ \__. ( / ______) / *STUFF ROB LIKES* \ \ l /-----~~" / / \ Y \ / / \ | "x______.^ / \ | \ / www.dragonfire.net/~RobNg \ j Y ---------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 11:28:22 +1000 From: Clayton Drury Organization: New Logic Subject: Re: Australian Import John Henry Hello Matt, > I noticed they had a NEW copy of the Australian import John Henry CD with the extra live tracks. > It was priced at $30. My question to those of you who have the CD is this: Is it worth the > money? How many live tracks are there? Are they good quality? I know this has been discussed > before, but I'm afraid I wasn't paying much attention. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are six live tracks: Ana Ng Twisting Particle Man Birdhouse In Your Soul The Statue Got Me High (complete with Don Giovanni comment) One other song... I think it's worth the money, for sure! Clayton. ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: sexxy Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 21:49:51 -0400 (EDT) The guy at Tower said that American singles often come out on import first and people can actually get them as imports before they can domestically. This may be the case? -- -----------------Bruce Campbell-Sam Raimi for '96------------------------ Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org |TMBG|Sleeper "EIREANN GO BRATH!"|Menswe@r|Echobelly| The Ocean Blue|The Beatles|XTC Judybats|Robyn Hitchcock|Cause & Effect| "Hail to the king, baby"-Ash Pogues|Erasure|Warsaw-JoyDivision-NewOrder|Elastica|Blur|Suede|Pulp Smiths|Revenge|Other Two|Moxy Fruvous|Lightning Seeds|SPOCK|Supergrass -------The poor remain poor. Someone has to work at Woolworths.--------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:57:05 -0500 (CDT) From: jeremy pokela Subject: Re: My heartfelt appologies to all of you. At least say your quote is from Yoda, Silent Bob stole that quote and although Silent Bob is cool I still haven't forgiven him for the usurping of this quote. Star Wars fans of the world unite against the Evil that is Silent Bob, throw down your oppressors and once again realize that Harrison Ford is god. Jeremy Pokela jpokela@d.umn.edu P.S. They Might Be Giants rock as does "Wierd Al" Yankovic as does Bad Religion, they should combine forces to rule the world. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 00:19:38 -0400 (EDT) From: "Mike Rose, from Totonot" Subject: Re: Shep vs. Mechagodzilla On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Shepard,Ryan wrote: > > In other news, I just got e-mail from John S. Hall of King Missile. I > don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty thrilled. > > shep > members.tripod.com/~RoadTrip/index.html > I've been corresponding with John S. Hall via email for almost a year and I still find it thrilling to get messages from him. He's a great great guy. Mike ------------------------------ Subject: Old Songs From: istanbul@juno.com (Justin Smith) Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 23:10:18 EDT Hey- I have this old tape a friend in Maryland with whom I have lost contact (hey John Gillespie Jr. -- if you are out there, e-mail me) gave me a few years ago with alot of old TMBG stuff on it. I have identified James K. Polk and Stormy Pinkness, but there is still some stuff I am having trouble with: Which version of Istanbul has "Look! It's a white tornado!" ? The song that goes "There's an ant crawling up your back in the nighttime" The song that goes "Welcome to the jungle, Jim (gym?)" If anyone can identify these, please help. Thanks. +++ Justin Smith's witty signature +++ justin@tmbg.org jsmith@e-tex.com istanbul@juno.com I can't be wrong! I have a modem with Error Checking! ------------------------------ Subject: Re: SEXXY From: istanbul@juno.com (Justin Smith) Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 23:12:43 EDT On Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:32:45 -0400 (EDT) mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) writes: >Bad news it seems. I have called every record store in >southern MD, and Washington DC, including HMV, Kemp Mill Music, >Tower Records, and many others and none of them have gotten >the SEXXY single. HMV said Oct 1! Another place said the >SEXXY maxi-single will be out Oct 15!! This is insane. The only store I could find in my area with SEXXY on their books (Hastings) also told me October 15. As for FS, the earliest I have found on that is October 10 at Blockbuster Music. Sam Goody didn't have dates for either of them, but said they would be getting two copies of the Why Does The Sun Shine? Single (???!!!) in their next shipment. I already have it, though. Later. +++ Justin Smith's witty signature +++ justin@tmbg.org jsmith@e-tex.com istanbul@juno.com I can't be wrong! I have a modem with Error Checking! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 23:52:27 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: New album On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Ryan Staib wrote: > Does anything else see anything wrong with this: > > Release of 'A Testimonial Dinner' - Oct. 1995 > JL "We're getting ready to record a new album." - April 15, 1996 > M&C Interview, during the recording of the album, JL "It's on the upcoming > XTC tribute." - presumably after April 15, 1996 but before July/August, > when the magazine was published. Why don't these dates match up? When was > the album actually recorded? > > RS > > I'm confused- Which album? I know They recorded an XTC song called "25 o'clokc for the tribute album, and that the tribute album is out already (I know because I saw it at the Universe that is Incredible.). So are you asking when They recorded FS, or the song for the tribute album? *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ Stefanie Elliott "More thinking. We are well challenged my small friend." smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu -The Tick **StarWars*DNRC*Medievalist*X-Phile*TMBG*MiSTie #14672*MacUser*Comics*Reader** ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-262 ******************************