Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-296 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 296 Tuesday, 29 October 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: RE:TMBG Digest on Fire Re: TMBG: TMBG on sonic net TMBG: FS in UK Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... TMBG: BOBA MAIL: S-E-X-X-Y Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... TMBG: Re: Shan't TMBG: BOBA MAIL: In-Stores TMBG: John on the left, John on the right (none) Re: TMBG: John on the left, John on the right TMBG: me me me Re: TMBG: Re: A TMBG Halloween idea... TMBG: see the constallation Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... TMBG: reaction to tmbg and calling heather! TMBG: carpets Re: TMBG: PICTURES TMBG: LIVE IN NY TMBG: In defense of top 5s TMBG: Milwaukee concert [attn CJ] TMBG: WTSR and Choose or Lose TMBG: Free NY show TMBG: Utopia Party TMBG: TMBG/Hootie-heads TMBG: A They Moment Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... Re: TMBG: Utopia Party TMBG: Off JOKES :) Re: TMBG: Utopia Party TMBG: please take me off of this list, thanks Re: TMBG: The Free Ft. Wayne Show Re: TMBG: An interview with Linnell TMBG: How come... Re: TMBG: To all, IMPORTANT! TMBG: UPCOMING TMBG NY SHOW Re: TMBG: silly hats TMBG: Concert Check TMBG: Looking for 12/30/95 Re: TMBG: How come... Re: TMBG: Hidden Song TMBG: To all people near Minniapolis READ THIS! Re: TMBG: MST3K Re: TMBG: Hidden Song TMBG: To all people near Minniapolis READ THIS! Re: TMBG: silly hats TMBG: HEY Re: TMBG: LIVE IN NY TMBG: I GOT MY THEY SHIRT AND HAT! Re: TMBG: FS in UK Re: TMBG: I GOT MY THEY SHIRT AND HAT! Re: TMBG: A They Moment TMBG: String ending/S-E-X-X-Y Re: TMBG: Shan't, etc.... TMBG: Ryan Stabib Re: TMBG: A They Moment TMBG: Question: Re: TMBG: To all people near Minniapolis READ THIS! Re: TMBG: Metal Detector, KITH, FS is in the UK TMBG: HORAAAAY! Re: TMBG: HORAAAAY! TMBG: Mtv on TMBG...argh! Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:06:28 -0800 From: Herne Subject: TMBG: RE:TMBG Digest on Fire In the past few days I've read a variety of posts about people who are threatening to leave the list or who have friends who might do so. Someone mentioned a vote...which I don't actually encourage...but I say STAY. Like Kathleen said...the flames here are pretty minor compared to elsewhere. Someone went off on Clinton in the XTC/Chalkhills Group and it got UGLY...at least I think that was what it was about. There are so many entries on these lists I have take notes to remember what to talk about. But anyway...if you get pissed, take a few days off...but don't leave. Eventually the flames burn out. Except out here in L.A. where they just seem to keep going. Oh well...I never cared much for Malibu anyway. Herne ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:05:31 GMT From: Chrissy Monster Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on sonic net On Sat, 26 Oct 1996 12:04:06 -0400 (EDT) Ryan Staib wrote: > From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> > Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 12:04:06 -0400 (EDT) > Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on sonic net > To: ! > > On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, D Robertson wrote: > > the big question (in my book at any rate) is what is 7PM in British time? > > According to my calculations, it's 2AM. Have fun. > > RS > No it's not, its 2pm. chrissy x ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 10:28:02 GMT From: iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk (Mark Iles) Subject: TMBG: FS in UK Howdy, I just saw a message titled re: FS in UK, but I missed the original post. Has someone managed to find it in the UK? If so, could you tell me where? I'd be most happy :) Mark P.S. How do you get the hidden song? I keep seeing messages moaning on about everyone saying "I've found a hidden song", but miss all the ones saying what it is and how you get it. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 07:50:57 -0500 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... >> Actually, those are simply rolled-up carpets. Easy to reproduce. > >They are *not* rolled up carpets. A rolled up carpet four feet long >would be heavy enough to break someone's neck. Well, I didn't say it was a SHAG carpet or something. Anyway, from the FAQ: >------------------------------ > >21. What are they wearing on their heads in the "Don't Let's Start" > video? > > Dylan Wilbanks writes: > > Rolled up carpets. The place they're at is the site of the 1964 > World's Fair in Queens, which would later be immortalized in "Ana > Ng". > >------------------------------ -- Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp/finger (My Mac): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu "Nate, with my brains and your flexibility, we could rule the world!" --Me ------------------------------ From: "BOBA" Organization: anubis Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 08:20:28 EST Subject: TMBG: BOBA MAIL: S-E-X-X-Y Hey guys, another shitty happening in the search for S-E-X-X-Y, Check out what I got today: Dear Matthew, Thank you for shopping at CDnow. The release date of an item in your order (184862): THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS / S-E-X-X-Y has been changed by the manufacturer. The expected release date for this item is now November 26, 1996. -Matthew Ondrey BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: "Matt, you're a very insightful person, but get your fucking face out of my oatmeal." - My sister, Lisa boba@tmbg.org Check out my bootleg list, just updated: http://members.tripod.com/~Theybootlegs/boots.htm ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 08:26:15 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Oct-96 Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween .. by Jonathan Chaffer@tmbg.or > Well, I didn't say it was a SHAG carpet or something. Anyway, from the FAQ: Why must everyone assume I've never read the FAQ, when, in fact, I've read it several times? Let me rephrase my statement: Those *CANNOT* be rolled up carpets. Rolled up carpet is very heavy and would break someone's neck, especially Linnell's. Perhaps the FAQ is wrong... is that not possible? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:23:43 -0500 (EST) From: Sean Kinlin Subject: TMBG: Re: Shan't Herne wrote: > > P.S. Shant is a word? Isn't it? If you spell it "Shan't" it is. It's a contraction of "shall not." -Sean ------------------------------ From: "BOBA" Organization: anubis Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:39:43 EST Subject: TMBG: BOBA MAIL: In-Stores James @ MU Wrote: > They're doing a free show in Columbia Monday. > It's at the Streetside here. > Any info on why so many freeshows??? I heard Elektra wanted them to do a lot of in stores for the promotion of this album. It's a hip thing to do nowadays. Boba Out. -Matthew Ondrey BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: "Matt, you're a very insightful person, but get your fucking face out of my oatmeal." - My sister, Lisa boba@tmbg.org Check out my bootleg list, just updated: http://members.tripod.com/~Theybootlegs/boots.htm ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson (303) 516-4722 Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 09:06:46 MST Subject: TMBG: John on the left, John on the right John Leigh said: When John and John came out, we suddenly realized that on every tmbg appearance we've seen, be it video, poster, concert, or whatever, Flans is always on the left, and Linnel is always on the right (as one looks at them.) Is there a reason for this, perhaps? That's because Flansburg is Linnell's right-hand-man. (He's right-handed)? And Linnell is Flansburg's left-hand-man. (He's left-handed, I can tell by how he plays the guitar). Or maybe they don't bump into each other that way! ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: spike@udel.edu Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:35:47 -0500 ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: John on the left, John on the right Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:42:28 CST From: Aaron Kohlbeck > > John Leigh said: > > When John and John came out, we suddenly realized that on every > tmbg appearance we've seen, be it video, poster, concert, or whatever, Flans > is always on the left, and Linnel is always on the right (as one looks at > them.) Is there a reason for this, perhaps? > > > That's because Flansburg is Linnell's right-hand-man. > (He's right-handed)? > And Linnell is Flansburg's left-hand-man. > (He's left-handed, I can tell by how he plays the guitar). > Or maybe they don't bump into each other that way! > Actually, there is a picture of them that is just the opposite. Linnel is on the left and Flans is on the right (as you look at them). I got a copy of this promo picture with my press pack and it can also be seen at the Electra site (the address of which I don't know off the top of my head). Aaron -- Aaron "B.o.S." Kohlbeck M&MC Consultant kohlbeck@badgerherald.com Badger Herald Web Editor kohlbeck@cae.wisc.edu CAE Consultant http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~kohlbeck All Around Nice Guy Check out the Herald Online: http://www.badgerherald.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:07:17 -0500 (EST) From: Amy Subject: TMBG: me me me well, I'm going to go along with the crowd and say hi and tell you all about myself. I am Amy, and my last name is Greenlese not Green as some people have thought recently. I was raised near Toledo Ohio but now I live and go to school in Ada Ohio at Ohio Northern University. I am a senior music education major, and hopefully I'll graduate this May. I play clarinet and saxophone, but I don't do improv so that rather limits my performing options. I don't want to perform anyhow, I want to teach elementary school. I am 21 and I want to fly to Never-Never-land now and stay this age forever! I have a few hobbies including sewing, reading (I love Stephen King novels, and I think Mike Rose is an incredible writer), making people laugh, and visiting people I meet on the 'net (I drove 8 hours to Baltimore this summer to meet Matt James and see Them in DC, and I continue to drive all over the place) My musical tastes are too varied to go into, but I prefer classic rock second only to TMBG who are, in my opinion, unclassifiable. I hate conflict and therefore don't try to force my opinions on other people. I can be very blunt and very obnoxious at times, but people still think I'm charming for some reason :) I like to be happy and I encourage everyone else to do the same. If you want to know more about me write me, I'm an open book and I'd probably love to meet you. Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org Her date was pleasant enough, but she knew that if her life was a movie this guy would be buried in the credits as something like "Second Tall Man." (Russell Beland) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:30:06 -0500 (EST) From: Amy Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: A TMBG Halloween idea... > >I was thinking, anybody two friends out there who love TMBG, why not go > >as John and John for Halloween. I think it would be a lot of fun. One > >person carries an accordian and the other a weird shaped guitar maybe... > >Linnell could also carry a cup of coffee maybe. I guess most people would > >have no idea who you are trying to be, but wouldn't it be cool if > >somebody did know!?!? Anyway, most likely I won't do it, but maybe > >somebody out there in TMBG land will :) I am not the only one to think this, but Mike Rose and Alex Gershon could pass for John and John any day! They had tossed around the idea of dressing as the Johns but I don't know if they ever decided to or not. Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats---approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:04:12 +0000 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: see the constallation Last Halloween, I was a constallation by dressing in black and using velcro to attatch glow in the dark stars all over my clothes. So, see! It's not that hard. Heather ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:21:30 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... >* That journalist guy whose face is in all their early videos Heh heh..does anyone happen to have an image of him? Like scanned from the t-shirt or something? Okay, seeing as my great broom idea seemed to take on, I have another idea. If anyone has an image of "that guy", it could be put up on a web page, everyone could download it, print it out, and make masks out of it..heh heh... I'm just gonna stay home for halloween this year..but I'm thinking of getting some sort of prostetic forehead: a skeleton mask thing or something, and write "THEY" on the forehead...puzzle all the little kids.. ~sarah :) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:21:24 -0500 Subject: TMBG: reaction to tmbg and calling heather! Okay, remember how I said I made my friend a TMBg mix tape? Probably not, but oh well. Her mom was here a couple days ago, and said "Oh, we were listening to the tape you made the other day while we were cleaning our basement..it's cute!" :) And Heather Tinkler (hope I spelled it right!): If you're reading this could ya email me? I thought we were gonna trade! :) Thanks! ~sarah :) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:21:36 -0500 Subject: TMBG: carpets >Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Oct-96 Re: TMBG: A >TMBG Halloween >.. by Jonathan Chaffer@tmbg.or > Actually, those are simply rolled-up carpets. Easy to >reproduce. >They are *not* rolled up carpets. A rolled up carpet four feet >long >would be heavy enough to break someone's neck. Um..actually, they are. According to the FAQ and everywhere else I've read it.. ~sarah :) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: PICTURES From: milktoast@juno.com (Ian C Tanttari) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:09:48 EST In a different dimention, This was spoken On Fri, 25 Oct 1996 20:06:07 -0400 (EDT) Leo Bicknell writes: > > For those of you who haven't noticed I'm trying to start >a photo gallery at http://www.tmbg.org/photo/. If you have something >to contribute please send me a note. You can attach a picture to it >or upload it to ftp.tmbg.org:/incoming. Make sure you tell me who >it's of, any links I should include in the text, and so on. > >-- >Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org > System Administrator / Network Technician > bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org > If there is anyone in the Minneapolis, Mn area, there is a picture in the Star Tribune of TMBG because of extenuating circumstances i can't give to the archive could somebody else do it. ------------------------------ From: Russ Josephson (303) 516-4722 Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 11:40:35 MST Subject: TMBG: LIVE IN NY RE: LIVE IN NY As I understand it, the Australian John Henry CD with bonus live CD is only a few songs from the LIVE IN NY CD. I saw it in Tower records in Denver for about $30.00 US. I would have paid that much for the whole live show, but ... The complete live CD is only available from the Hello Club. That's why it's so hard to find. I like the fast, live versio of Why does the Sun Shine? a lot better than the single version. ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: "David K. Lapides" Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 14:24:35 +0006 Subject: TMBG: In defense of top 5s Det. Dave here... I know that many of you hate seeing top lists but thanks to some of you I found out about Ben Folds Five, bought their CD and love it. So you see, are good for more than wasting bandwisth. ObTMBG: This weekend I meet a girl from Xenia, OH but she had no idea who They were. =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ Det. Dave "Long before the screen door slammed she was out of Xenia" -Out of Jail TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:25:20 -0600 From: Jim Doolittle Subject: TMBG: Milwaukee concert [attn CJ] Okay fellow list.people. I called the Rave box office this afternoon, they told me that tickets for the They Might Be Giants concert on Nov 30th in Milwaukee will go on sale this, yes, this Saturday morning. This is a non-Hootie concert. ;) I fully plan on getting tickets so I, and probably CJ Kucera will be there. -Jim Jim Doolittle doolittl@uiuc.edu or gimli@avara.com Don't interupt me as I struggle to complete this thought.========== -They Might Be Giants============RSC Peer Consultant=============== =================http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/doolittl=============== ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:14:14 -0500 (EST) From: Pudge Subject: TMBG: WTSR and Choose or Lose Hi all... My midterms have finally come and gone, so now I have time to update you on the happenings at the radio station. 10/14: Metal Detector 10/21: Istanbul Not Constaninople 10/28: Hall of Heads 11/4: In honor of the presidental election, I will be playing "James K. Polk". But I don't know which version to play; the one off of "Factory Showroom" or the one off of the "Istanbul" single. So i'm letting you, the members of the mailing list decide. E-mail me personally (DO NOT POST TO THE LIST) with your choice. Results will be posted here on Sun. afternoon (11/3). Craig ------------------------------ From: Jeremiade@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:28:45 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Free NY show Hi. This is my first posting. Thought you should know. I won two passes to WLIR's Election Day Party and guess what? None of my bonehead friends want to go with me. Now, I know I'm taking a chance sending this along to this digest but, is there anyone on the list from the NYC-Long Island area who's free the evening of November 5th? I still can't believe all my friends turned me down. Obviously, I would *not* be selling this pass. I simply would not like it to go to waste. Thanks for listening! Chris ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:49:29 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: TMBG: Utopia Party There will be a party for all TMBG Fans next saturday on the Utopia Parkway talker. (telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu) Everyone is invited. We'll start gathering at about 1700 EST. Any questions should be directed to me....address is in the .sig. S. M. Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, idiotnot@visi.net Jeep Driver, BlueDawg on IRC http://members.visi.net/~idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream."--Frank Zappa ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 16:00 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: TMBG/Hootie-heads I just got into the funniest email conversation, I had to share it. On our local bbs, this kid was talking about how he went to the Hootie concert and how much it rocked. So I sent him a message asking how he like the opening band, They Might Be Giants. He said they sucked, that he saw me & my friends there, and that his mother thought we were insane. Oh yeah, he said the only good song was SEXXY. This message just cracked me up so much - I can't even take people like that seriously. Besides, he got on my good side by telling me I was insane. ;] Kirsten (who is still chuckling at the stupidity quotient of the people she comes in contact with every day) -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "Pretend I *did* blow up the school. All the schools." -J.D. "Heathers" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 16:15 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: A They Moment I had a TMBG moment last night. I was at Quiz Bowl practice, and the question was: who was the first darkhorse candidate to win? I immediately guess "James K. Polk" and I got it right! Admittedly, this was the third time I'd guess "James K. Polk" for a question about presidents (I don't know my presidents real well, okay?), but it was still pretty keen. I happened to have the words in my pocket so I presented them to my coach. He was quite impressed, actually, and was curious about TMBG. So next week I'm bringing a couple cds. ;) Kirsten the Knowlegable -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "Pretend I *did* blow up the school. All the schools." -J.D. "Heathers" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: A TMBG Halloween idea... From: ununoctium@juno.com (Ununoctium U. Ununoctium) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:17:03 EST On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:21:30 -0500 KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: >>* That journalist guy whose face is in all their early videos > >Heh heh..does anyone happen to have an image of him? Like scanned from the >t-shirt or something? Okay, seeing as my great broom idea seemed to take on, >I have another idea. If anyone has an image of "that guy", it could be put up >on a web page, everyone could download it, print it out, and make masks out >of it..heh heh... A picture of "THAT Guy" (William Allen White) was spotted: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/6476/whitehea.gif *------------------------------------------------------------------------ Once I was But am no more So it goes *------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:22:32 -0500 (EST) From: "Mike Rose, from Totonot" Subject: Re: TMBG: Utopia Party On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, BlueDawg wrote: > There will be a party for all TMBG Fans next saturday on the Utopia > Parkway talker. (telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu) Everyone is > invited. We'll start gathering at about 1700 EST. Any questions should > be directed to me....address is in the .sig. > Or try This is what works for me. See you there, I hope. MIKe http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy where all your answers are questioned ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 00:33:32 -0600 From: Alex Chapman Organization: U T at Austin Subject: TMBG: Off JOKES :) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------75A55274B4A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hey Guy's, If you like jokes, check this out. http://humor.ncy.com/ Check out Little red riding hood, funniest ever, and four nuns. Alex --------------75A55274B4A Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Base: "http://humor.ncy.com/" Interactive Humor Database
Disclaimer: If you are easily offended, or has no sense of humor whatsoever, click here ASAP. Otherwise, enjoy...

October 16, 1996
Our web server was down most of the time today because our T1 connection failed thanks to Netcom. If you had trouble connecting, please accept our sincere apology. We are not very happy with Netcom, and are considering switching to another ISP when possible.

Why Browse When You Can Fly! ... with Project X

I have turned Humor Database into a Xspace, so you can fly in it with Apple's Project X. If you are man/woman enough to fly, click here.

Back_To_Humor_Database | Add_New_Humor | HDB_News | About_HDB

Search_Last_24_Hours | Search_Last_3_Days | Humor#_Search | Author_Search | Keyword_Search

Comedy_Routine | Folklore | Joke | Limerick | List | Lyric | Oracle | Practical_Joke | Miscellaneous | Riddle

Speakable_Humor | Video_Humor

Best_Humor_of_the_Month | Top_20_Best_Humor | Top_30_Most_Popular_Humor

For information on advertising on Humor Database, click here

Suggestions and feedback are welcomed at humor@ncy.com.
Interactive Humor Database is a weekend project by Nick Yang.
Thanks to LA Directory for providing the server space and Internet connection to make this web site possible.

Visitors since August 30th, 1996: 33797

Apple, Macintosh, and Mac OS are registered trademarks of Apple Computer. Microsoft has no style and taste. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners. Steve Jobs was god.

--------------75A55274B4A-- ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Utopia Party From: ununoctium@juno.com (Ununoctium U. Ununoctium) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:41:04 EST On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:49:29 -0500 (GMT-0500) BlueDawg writes: >There will be a party for all TMBG Fans next saturday on the Utopia >Parkway talker. (telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu) Everyone is >invited. We'll start gathering at about 1700 EST. Any questions should >be directed to me....address is in the .sig. For Netscapee's and those with similar browsers: telnet://blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu:3000 For all those telnetting: blacktape.cs.uchicago.edu 3000 *------------------------------------------------------------------------ Once I was But am no more So it goes *------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:26:07 -0800 From: mike Subject: TMBG: please take me off of this list, thanks please don't send here, thanks ------------------------------ From: Greg Nicholson Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 17:25:47 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: The Free Ft. Wayne Show Do you remember the set list? Greg ------------------------------ From: Greg Nicholson Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 17:28:48 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: An interview with Linnell Yes, yes, yes, please post the transcript of the interview!!!!!!!! Greg ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: How come... From: particalman1@juno.com (Particle Man) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:39:28 EST Did you ever notice that on those Song Interpretations, people go into a heck of a lot of detail (Particle Man stands for the people, Triangle Man stands for God, etc.) Make it a little more simpler! CUL8R -PaRtIcLe mAn ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:55:29 From: pburge@gnn.com (King of Knowledge) Subject: Re: TMBG: To all, IMPORTANT! >Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 19:03:58 EDT >From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Dragon Lord) >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@ussodyssey.ufp.org >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: To all, IMPORTANT! > >I'm trying as hard as I can to go to They's Oct. 31 show in Minniapolis >with Hootie Blowing Fish. I just wan't you all to know that I'm going to >try as hard as i can to intercept Either Johns. I'm just trying to get >you ideas for questions I should ask Them. > >_________________________________________________________ >"Those who heed my words are more a fool than anyone"-Me >If you wish to talk to me about matters other than TMBG > please >E-mail me at Muad.dib@juno.com. Na Noo, Na Noo! They are private people. My idea is that you leave them the fuck ALONE! It's people like you that make them so indifferent to their fans. ------------------------------ From: TracyG2000@aol.com Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:54:03 -0500 Subject: TMBG: UPCOMING TMBG NY SHOW Help!!! Can anyone give me ANY info on the Nov. 8 TMBG show at Roseland? I know nothing -- time of the show, ticket prices, where I can get tickets, directions on how to get there from York, PA, you get the idea. I shall be eternally grateful to any and all who can give me the guidance I sorely need. Thanks, Tracy "I am a snakehead eating my head on the opposite side -- I, Palindrome, I..." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 19:28:27 +0000 From: Jonah Subject: Re: TMBG: silly hats Sarah Cooke wrote: > > After all those heart-warming personal bios that were posted, it seems that > lots of the people on this last like to wear silly hats! I just wanted to > say that I, too, love to wear silly hats, especially in physics class. > Einstein used to were silly handmade hats. They are wonderful! Is there a > connection between TMBG music and wearing silly hats? Are there subliminal > messages in the music? This just made me think of the song "I've got a > match": > > "Get out of the car, put down the phone, take of that stupid looking hat > you wear." I love silly hats too, for those of you who went for the delete key instead of reading my bio. I've always liked that line! And in case anyone noticed, that line was my sig a while back. > Now I don't really like this song and haven't thought much about it in the > past, but are these words being spoken to the singer, and that's the reason > he is so tired of the person speaking them? Or is it the singer telling > someone else to take off their stupid hat? My two cents to buy some food > for thought. I always thought that line was directed to the same woman that the rest of the song was directed to, and basically translated to: "stop what you're doing." And I also think that there's an important distinction between silly hats and stupid looking hats. The best silly hats are not stupid looking, just amusing. Great to see so many other silly hat lovers around! -- "Civilization is a religion. Civilized people walk funny"-David Byrne Jonah curent favorite silly hat- A plaid drawstring shopping bag which fits perfectly on my head. Haven't worn it to school yet. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 18:17:41 -0500 (EST) From: "StatuE (Wayde)" Subject: TMBG: Concert Check Is this info correct? >Further Information on Dec. 4th Concert: > >Agora in Cleveland. >8pm show >Tickets: $16 (WORTH IT!!!) Just wanna be sure before I plan ahead... and would THEY be plaing whit Hootie, Cub, or someone else? "I've got to let you know ... You're one of my mind!" A little They can do soooo much!!! 8^) -Statue et al ------------------------------ From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: TMBG: Looking for 12/30/95 Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 09:44:18 -0500 I'm looking for a recording of the 12/30/95 show in Philly. I have much to trade. Email me please. -- Harlan Landes (spike@udel.edu) -- President: MENC Collegiate Chapter #286 -- University of Delaware -- General Education Officer: Phi Mu Alpha -- http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ -- "I'm not done till my head falls off." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 19:24:40 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: How come... At 05:39 PM 10/28/96 EST, you wrote: >Did you ever notice that on those Song Interpretations, people go into a >heck of a lot of detail (Particle Man stands for the people, Triangle Man >stands for God, etc.) >Make it a little more simpler! > Uh... I always thought it was about a particle or something... I can't explain it, cause I don't know what it is. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Hidden Song From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Dragon Lord) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 18:46:21 EST >alright! The next time a flame is posted, everbody flame the person >who did >the flaming (oh wait... that doesn't work out so well...) Hey Me, You'r an Idiot! Shut up me! Hey Stop it myself! Dammit me! Stop Misbehaving. Hey, ExsqisiteDead guy, SHUT UP! .... ........ .............. Wow. that doesn't work at all. _________________________________________________________ "Those who heed my words are more a fool than anyone"-Me If you wish to talk to me about matters other than TMBG please E-mail me at Muad.dib@juno.com. Na Noo, Na Noo! _________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: To all people near Minniapolis READ THIS! From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Dragon Lord) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 18:46:21 EST Unless you want to see hootie blowing fish, DON"T GO TO THE CONCERT FOR JUST 30 MIN. OF TMBG! TMBG is going to have thier own concert on the 29th of November at the O'Shaughnessy, you can get you tiket through Tiket Master As usual. Moral of the Story?... Why go to hootie to se TMBG for 30 Min when you can see the by their selfs for a hole set? _________________________________________________________ "Those who heed my words are more a fool than anyone"-Me If you wish to talk to me about matters other than TMBG please E-mail me at Muad.dib@juno.com. Na Noo, Na Noo! _________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: MST3K From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Dragon Lord) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 18:46:21 EST On Sat, 26 Oct 1996 12:18:28 -0600 (MDT) David Simpson writes: >> >You think? Hmm.. usually I get to use them longer before they get >> >annoying. Okay, how's this: >> > >> > Dave Simpson >> > >> > Fight Illiteracy -- shoot a hick >> ^ >> Because I am God, I deem it necessary for you to go far with that >one. >Amen brother. > > Dave Simpson > > .. but in a way, aren't we *ALL* Dave Simpson? > > DAMN YOU! : D ok, ok, so I'm not God, I'm his younger brother, Earl. _________________________________________________________ "Those who heed my words are more a fool than anyone"-Me If you wish to talk to me about matters other than TMBG please E-mail me at Muad.dib@juno.com. Na Noo, Na Noo! _________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Hidden Song From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Dragon Lord) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 18:46:21 EST On Sat, 26 Oct 1996 19:04:13 -0400 (EDT) mjames@sloth.loyola.edu (Matthew James) writes: >> >If you can get it to work, like I discovered it >> You and a zillion other people..mostly people who already knew about it >> before they got the cd... >> If I see one more "Did you know there's a secret track?" message, I'm going >> ot be sick...I'm sorry..I know I may be coming off as nasty, but there's >> gotta be other people who agree! Oh now I feel bad. :T >Methinks anyone who says that they discovered the hidden track at this >point and claims ownership of finding it (not that it really matters) >is >just trying to tell a joke, get us riled up, and whatnot. Most likely >they know that it exists but they're just tryin to bring attention to >themselves. I just let these messages role by and delete them as it >is >easy to ignore them. Self-control stops flaming (unless it hits ya >right in the heart), I want to join the campaign against flaming! 8-) >Matt Hey Guess what??? there's this song on They's Self Titled about some "Chess Piece Face" Isn't that weird? Three, Two, One, FLAME ME! _________________________________________________________ "Those who heed my words are more a fool than anyone"-Me If you wish to talk to me about matters other than TMBG please E-mail me at Muad.dib@juno.com. Na Noo, Na Noo! _________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: To all people near Minniapolis READ THIS! Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 20:02:13 -0500 (EST) > Moral of the Story?... Why go to hootie to se TMBG for 30 Min when > you can see the by their selfs for a hole set? You want to see their holes? That's digusting! 8-) Matt -- *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 20:16 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: silly hats > >> "Get out of the car, put down the phone, take of that stupid looking hat >> you wear." This line always reminds me of Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently books. I think it's the first one where it talks about Dirk's hat, and about the guy who always writes the horoscopes especially about Dirk. Er, I don't have the book here, so this is really rather vague. But those of you who've read the book probably know what I mean. Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "Pretend I *did* blow up the school. All the schools." -J.D. "Heathers" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 19:44:04 -0600 (CST) From: Gandalf Subject: TMBG: HEY HEY Everybody! I'm not exactly new on the list, but I've only posted once or twice before (last school year actually). I'm a senior @ the Louisiana School for Math Science and the Arts(or just LSMSA). I've had some problems with my account so the most recent digest I have is from July. I have a couple of TMBG stories to relate: 1. About three weeks ago I was in one of my friends dorm rooms forcing him to listen to Their self-titled album & got distracted & left the room. The next day when I came to ask for my CD back he got this really wierd look on his face, and said, "Um, my stereo is kinda broken." So I said, "I'm sorry to hear that, now where did you say my CD was?" I braced myself for a shock when he wouldn't look me in the eye- he said, "Well it's kinda in the stereo and the stereo won't spit the CD out- but don't feel too bad, some of my CD's are in there too." At this point I had a glossy look in my eyes- I had loaned it to my girlfriend the week before and hadn't had my "Youth Culture" fix for a while. Oh well- at least I have the other albums-but he's still only got a couple days to give it back before I take his stereo apart myself! 2.I was having a typically bad morning when I trudged into Physics class the other day. Out of the blue, the girl that sits in front of me turned around and said, "You like They Might Be Giants, don't you Scott?" I said "Sure, why?" She said, "My boyfriend in New Orleans went to see Them (she didn't put quite the right emphasis on 'Them' but that's okay), he said that They were the coolest live band he's ever seen!" It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside-untill I remembered that I've never gotten a chance to see Them live and this loser jerk who's probly not even a pscho-fan-atic did!!! Oh, well at least maybe that'll be one more let into the TMBG flock. Well, that's all I have time for right now- if anybody knows where I can get a copy of any of Their singles, or has any tourdate knowledge for the general Louisiana area- please post it. Thanks, GGGGGGG A N N DDD A L FFFFF 11 G A A NN N D D A A L F 11 G GGG AAAAA N N N D D AAAAA L FFFF 11 G G A A N NN D D A A L F GGGGGGG A A N N DDD A A LLLL F :: ------------------------------ From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: LIVE IN NY Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 17:43:07 -0800 How is the live in NY CD available from the Hello club? It isn't mentioned on the Hello page on tmbg.com. Do you get it if you get a certain year's CDs or something? Actually I saw an online CD store that had the Live in NY CD for $20 but by the time I asked about it it was snatched up... all gone! I personally would love to get recordings of Live in NY, the 85 Demo tape, and Dr. Spock's Back-up band, but have nothing besides the regular TMBG releases, so I can't really trade any other rareties. Maybe some kind soul will take pity on me? Chas ---------- > From: 303 516-4722 > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: LIVE IN NY > Date: Monday, October 28, 1996 10:40 AM > > RE: LIVE IN NY > > As I understand it, the Australian John Henry CD with > bonus live CD is only a few songs from the > LIVE IN NY CD. I saw it in Tower records in Denver > for about $30.00 US. I would have paid that much > for the whole live show, but ... > > The complete live CD is only available from > the Hello Club. That's why it's so hard > to find. I like the fast, live versio of > Why does the Sun Shine? a lot better than the > single version. > > > ======================================================================== > Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 > Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com > > "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson > "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria > "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 > ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: I GOT MY THEY SHIRT AND HAT! Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 19:55:09 -0600 I ordered a tmbg hat and that messed up skull type thing shirt and they came today! I ordered it from the info club and it came in A WEEK AND A HALF! I'm impressed. I already got some weird looks from people.... gonna wear it to school tomorrow! I keep fighting myself to post more often, but i just have a reluctance to post, i always feel like someone is gonna say the exact same thing.. well.... BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _________________________________________________ / -WYATT GLODELL-WGLODELL@BARABOO.COM- \ |"Chinese people were fighting in the park we tried | |to help 'em fight no one appreciated that" -TMBG | \_________________________________________________/ ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: FS in UK From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Dragon Lord) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 20:08:27 EST On Mon, 28 Oct 96 10:28:02 GMT iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk (Mark Iles) writes: > >Howdy, > > I just saw a message titled re: FS in UK, but I missed the >original post. Has someone managed to find it in the UK? If so, could >you tell me where? I'd be most happy :) > > > Mark > >P.S. How do you get the hidden song? I keep seeing messages moaning on >about everyone saying "I've found a hidden song", but miss all the >ones saying what it is and how you get it. > My god you better be kdding about that! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:16:35 -0500 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: TMBG: I GOT MY THEY SHIRT AND HAT! > I ordered a tmbg hat and that messed up skull type thing shirt and >they came today! I ordered it from the info club and it came in A WEEK AND A >HALF! I'm impressed. I already got some weird looks from people.... gonna This is unprecedented speed. The last time I ordered from Them, it took twelve weeks! I wonder if They've increased Their efficiency because of the new website? Does this mean I will actually *get* the $60+ worth of stuff I ordered from them a few weeks ago? Now I'm excited. BTW, check out the slight redesign of the main page at www.tmbg.org. Does it look OK on different browsers? -- Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp/finger (My Mac): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu "Nate, with my brains and your flexibility, we could rule the world!" --Me ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: A They Moment From: exquisitedeadguy@juno.com (Dragon Lord) Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 20:08:27 EST On Mon, 28 Oct 96 16:15 EST kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) writes: > > I had a TMBG moment last night. I was at Quiz Bowl practice, >and >the question was: who was the first darkhorse candidate to win? I >immediately guess "James K. Polk" and I got it right! Admittedly, >this >was the third time I'd guess "James K. Polk" for a question about >presidents (I don't know my presidents real well, okay?), but it was >still >pretty keen. I happened to have the words in my pocket so I presented >them to my coach. He was quite impressed, actually, and was curious >about >TMBG. So next week I'm bringing a couple cds. ;) > >Kirsten the Knowlegable I'm sorry to say this but quiz bowls are gay. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:58:02 -0600 From: vdanklef@facstaff.wisc.edu (Vicki Sullivan Danklefsen) Subject: TMBG: String ending/S-E-X-X-Y Leo wrote: >"S-E-X-X-Y" would make >a good single if it wasn't quite so non-traditional (eg the >wierd string ending...kinda cute, but not a top 10 single >make). Au contraire, my dear. Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues had a similar ending, which also included poetry, I believe. And you can still hear that one a lot on 'classic rock' stations. BTW, perhaps they say the song is about 'getting it on' so it will sell better. Wouldn't want to get too deep for the great unwashed record-buying public. Kind of like hiding their vitamins in some applesauce... Okay, so now we're being smug! Vix -------------------- Vicki Sullivan Danklefsen Editor Health Sciences Public Affairs UW-Madison ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:26:23 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Shan't, etc.... On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Anakin Skywalker wrote: > > P.S. Shant is a word? Isn't it? > > That would be shan't, I think, for "shall not"... Isn't that usually some > kind of medievalish word? Like, it's still a valid word and all, it's just > "Archaic" or however the heck the dictionary would put it? > No, it's not really archaic- it is the contraction for "shall not." Fun medievalisms (actually, middle english-isms)- use "I trow" for "I know", and "ywis" (pronounced how it looks) for "I believe." Stun your teachers, amaze your friends, ostracise yourself from the world! *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ Stefanie Elliott "I am not your broom, I am not your broom! No, John, I will not clean for you, for I am smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu not your broom!"- They Might Be Giants **StarWars*DNRC*Medievalist*X-Phile*TMBG*MiSTie #14672*MacUser*Comics*Reader** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:34:49 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: TMBG: Ryan Stabib Please e-mail me. S. M. Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, idiotnot@visi.net Jeep Driver, BlueDawg on IRC http://members.visi.net/~idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream."--Frank Zappa ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:53:16 -0500 (EST) From: Kilroy Subject: Re: TMBG: A They Moment >I'm sorry to say this but quiz bowls are gay. > #1. The list really doesn't need to hear personal email. #2. The list REALLY doesn't need any more flame threads. #3. Calling something "gay" as an insult is like saying "nigger". #3. If you're sorry to say it, why bother? #4. As far as I know, no one on this list cares what you think of quiz bowls. -KilroyAll the world's a stage, and all the people my audience. ------------------------------ From: c688345@showme.missouri.edu Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:04:49 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Question: This is my first time sending something out, so bear with me.... I was wondering if there is an e-mail address for TMBG that fans can write to, and maybe have a half way decent chance of a reply from the actual members. Thanks, Mike ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 22:14:53 -0500 (EST) From: "Mike Rose, from Totonot" Subject: Re: TMBG: To all people near Minniapolis READ THIS! On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Dragon Lord wrote: > Unless you want to see hootie blowing fish, DON"T GO TO THE CONCERT FOR > JUST 30 MIN. OF TMBG! TMBG is going to have thier own concert on the > 29th of November at the O'Shaughnessy, you can get you tiket through > Tiket Master As usual. > Moral of the Story?... Why go to hootie to se TMBG for 30 Min when > you can see the by their selfs for a hole set? > I just love how at first glance this seems to actually be English but then upon closer inspection, it reveals itself to be some form of phonetics alien to me. It has a lovely lyricism which trips off the tongue. MIKe http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy where all your answers are questioned ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 22:31:36 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Metal Detector, KITH, FS is in the UK On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Joe Keith wrote: > YES!!!! But I would see that as the "end product" of finding the mettle. > More of; "This is what I would want to say/do if only I could find the > 'mettle' to say/do it". (People on this list who know me will understand > exactly what I'm getting at here). > > I was thinking more along the lines of "something waiting there beneath the > sand" and "... but everything on the top will just suddenly stop seeming > interesting"....... 'My mettle detector.....'. As if there's a part of him > that everyone sees/knows, but there's also a bit of him that is hidden > beneath a fascade that you have to know to look for and he would rather that > the "hidden" part wasn't so hidden and he's looking for the mettle to give > people a pointer what is "waiting there beneath...." the surface..... > > Hmm...I guess I was kind of thinking the same thing. That JL is saying, "Come a long with me, and I'll show you what I'm all about- I'm not what I appear on the surface." Then again, a metal detector could just be a metal detector...I remember my father had one when I was a kid, and I was really excited when we'd find like, a bottle cap, or a nail. Now, if we had found a car, like on "Pete and Pete" that would have been more exciting. Either way, the metal detector could just be a metaphor for a vehicle to discover what some one is made of, "every sea shell has a story to tell if you're listening/ but underneath every shell there's a story as well if you've heard enough of the sea./ then everythin on the top will just suddenly stop seeming interesting/ so listen now to the sound of the things that are found underground" Every person has basically the same story to them...trends, conformity, etc., but there's more to a person, when you're through listening to what they broadcast for everyone to hear...and then all of the outside will stop presenting the information that everyone is supposed to make a personality out of, and what is on the inside is what creates the person. (Can you tell I'm an English major? :) ) Classic "beauty is not what is on the outside, it's what is on the inside" scenario. Good song though. *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ Stefanie Elliott "I am not your broom, I am not your broom! No, John, I will not clean for you, for I am smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu not your broom!"- They Might Be Giants **StarWars*DNRC*Medievalist*X-Phile*TMBG*MiSTie #14672*MacUser*Comics*Reader** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 22:40:31 -0500 From: Bill Laird Subject: TMBG: HORAAAAY! THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS with Cub Thursday. December 5, 8:00pm; $16.50/17.50 at Bogarts- Cincinnati, OH Email me or visit their web page (www.bogarts.com) for directions. I expect to see many people there. SenSurround ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 22:55:26 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: HORAAAAY! Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Oct-96 TMBG: HORAAAAY! by Bill Laird@tmbg.ORG > THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS > with Cub > Thursday. December 5, 8:00pm; $16.50/17.50 > at Bogarts- Cincinnati, OH Where are people getting tour dates from? The "official" home page doesn't have updated dates yet, but everyone here is discussing where they are next. I don't want to miss them when they come through Pittsburgh... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 21:36:31 -0700 (MST) From: "Jessica T. Gluckman" <143071@ef.ev.maricopa.edu> Subject: TMBG: Mtv on TMBG...argh! Hmmm...well...i found this a mtv.com...part of their "Sonic Stew"... it's apparently a review of the new They Might Be Giants album...but I don't think it's all that flattering to TMBG or TMBG fans everywhere...here goes...I DID NOT WRITE THIS... All right, we know what you're thinking. Not THOSE guys? True, while TMBG have remained a viable touring curiosity, they were kind of the ship that angst sunk, and haven't had a real hit on their accordion-wielding hands since the Paleolithic era of the mid-'80s or something like that. But if you can just free your mind for a second, just put your silly alt-rock cred aside for a minute, you'll find yourself secretly bopping up and down on your bed to this record. The Johns Linnell and Flansburgh specialize in quirky, stick-in-your-head pop songs, and this is one of the finest gatherings of them they've ever called together. Forget the past, all the currently acceptable ingredients are here: they put the bop in Weezer--even the Rentals probably copped their synth riffs more from these guys than the Cars; they're geeky in that endearing way that makes us all recognize the geek in ourselves; "exquisite dead guy" is a lyric Marilyn Manson would probably think is cool. Hell, they've even got angst, it just tends to come more from a Sebadoh kind of place than from the Cobain/Vedder school. And we promise, not an accordion in earshot -- well, okay, maybe on one song. arghargharghargharghargharghargh!!!!! Now I know why I don't miss Mtv so much anymore! :), Jessica ???????????????????????????????????????????????? ? Jessica Gluckman..."My name's not Prince, ? ? and I'm not funky." ? ? *Mail me at:143071@ef.ev.maricopa.edu ? ? *Wander through my brain...if you dare : ? ? http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/2195 ? ?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~? ? "Sing your life, any fool can think of ? ? words that rhyme." ? ? -Morrissey ? ???????????????????????????????????????????????? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-296 ******************************