Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-301 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 301 Sunday, 3 November 1996 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Interview with Flans Re: TMBG: Tiny Toons TMBG: King of Wingo and Maine. All in one file. Re: TMBG: Dail A song Online TMBG: Testing, please ignore TMBG: If you're _really_ anxious to get on SPINonline chat Re: TMBG: XTC serves TMBG with C & D Re: TMBG: kids in the hall TMBG: Re: TMBG and SonicNet TMBG: The list Re: TMBG: The list TMBG: aol.. Re: TMBG: aol.. Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: Re: TMBG: Interview with Flans From: thatoneguy2@juno.com (Kevin M Poe) Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 03:25:49 EST On Fri, 1 Nov 96 7:55:21 18000 Tom Hare writes: >> >> Best Flans quote from the interview (referring to Their fans): >> >> "Oh, we're a freak magnet!" >> >> Yay us! Let's wave those freak flags higher and higher... >> >> >> Matt in Sacramento >> >> "Here comes the ice pick to the forehead" - Frank Zappa >> "Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads" - TMBG > > Hmm, I don'tknow about anyone else, but I dislike being called >a freak, especially with its new denomination or sect it describes. >Everyone claims to be a freak. I disagree, people still refer to me as a FREAK in a negative aspect, but it doesn't bother me because I believe I truely am a Freak. Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary has many different definitions of "freak." Some of my favorites include, 1: a sudden and odd seemingly pointless idea or turn of the mind 2: a whimsical quality or disposition 3: one that is markedly unusual or abnormal 4: AN ARDENT ENTHUSIAST 5: a withdrawl from reality "The only reason I open my mouth is to change feet" - Lance E. Benton thatoneguy2@juno.com but everyone calls me POE. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Tiny Toons From: thatoneguy2@juno.com (Kevin M Poe) Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 03:25:49 EST On Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:52:10 +0000 "Jon Vile" writes: >Does anyone know the title of the episode in which Flood is featured >in Tiny Toons? I missed it, but have a friend with lots, and lots of >videos. He doesn't know which one it is (if we were talking about >RHPS he'd be more than a virgin) but does anyonwe out there! The tape is called "Tiny Toon Music Television", I found it at WAL-MART (oh YEAH!) a few months ago and was forced to buy it. I Like it! "Istanbul" and "Particle Man" are the first two videos on this tape, and then their are abunch of songs I never listen to (RESPECT,Yakety-Yak,Money,etc.). I can't understand why some people are so angry about those being the only two THEY songs that anyone has ever heard. Those are two VERY cool songs! and Tiny Toons was one of my favorite cartoons (before Animaniacs and Freakazoid! and stuff like that). I just don't see what everybodies problem is. If anyone hasn't already got this video, then go out and do so. Title: Tiny Toon Music Television TMBG Songs: Istanbul, Particle Man Price: about 10 bucks Where: Wal-Mart and many other fine video retailers "I find myself frightened by a spooky man named me" - TMBG, "Piece of Dirt" thatoneguy2@juno.com but everyone calls me POE. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 08:46:14 -0500 From: cyberguy@netheaven.com (Dan Studnicky) Subject: TMBG: King of Wingo and Maine. All in one file. Hey everyone. For those of you who received the wingo.zip from me, you might be interested in what I have to offer now. I am now offering Maine AND King of Wingo in one zipped file. Although these files are very low quality (not to mention my sister trying to get into my room during my King Of Wingo recording) they are better than absolutely nothing. Instead of having people send me an e-mail and than attaching the file to the response, I will be offering this file at http://www.netheaven.com/~cyberguy/index.html COME SOON! Note: My Web Page is not finished, but HEAVELY UNDER CONSTRUCTION! Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought- TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 12:43:17 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: Re: TMBG: Dail A song Online On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: > > I've never used DAS online, but and wondereing what it is and whats > >the adress? I have found a whole bunch of down pages and am sick of looking. > > DAS Online has been down since Bo Orloff's old webpage disappeared. Rumor > has it that a new incarnation of the service is due to be inserted at > www.tmbg.com in the near future. I seriously doubt it. I have it on good authority that DAS On-Line was *the* main reason that Bo got the ax for the tmbg.com site. It would suprise me to see another incarnation of it. S. M. Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, idiotnot@visi.net Jeep Driver, BlueDawg on IRC http://members.visi.net/~idiotnot/ ObWittySig: "You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream."--Frank Zappa ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 12:58:44 -0500 From: TriOmen Subject: TMBG: Testing, please ignore Testing, please ignore ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: If you're _really_ anxious to get on SPINonline chat Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 13:24:47 -0600 I dont do this, but i know it works if your really anxious and will do something illeagal (that thousands of people do) to get to the SPINonline chat: Search for aol hacks You can find a fake account generator and a fake credit card maker You make a fake account on a fake credit card and go on As far as i know they can only kill your account, and cant do anthing else. Well, bye. .sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig "I Teleported Home One Night, With Ron And Sid And Meg, Ron Stole Meggie's Heart Away, And I Got Sidney's Leg" "GO AHEAD, WRECK YOUR LIFE, THAT MIGHT BE GOOD" - They Might Be Giants WYATT GLODELL-------------------------------WGLODELL@BARABOO.COM .sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig.sig ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC serves TMBG with C & D Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 14:34:23 -0500 (EST) > > > The band known as XTC served the band known as They Might Be Giants with a > > Cease and Desist order with regard to the song "XTC vs. Adam Ant." > > According to Nigel Putnell, the lawyer for XTC, "The boys didn't find any > > humor in it. Everybody knows Adam Ant is a gimmick band. My clients found > > it insulting to be mentioned in the same song." Ironically, the attorney > > made no mention of Bow Wow Wow. > > > > Rather than fight what They Might Be Giants' lawyer (and former bassist) > > Tony Maimone refers to as "litigative lunacy" the band has re-recorded the > > offending lyrics and changed the title of the song to "AKA vs. Adam Ant." > > "They had considered 'INXS vs. Adam Ant' but I told them I didn't want any > > more shit." > > > Is this true? This is amazing. Did They really change the title of the > song to AKA v. Adam Ant? That is hysterical! And re-recorded it, too. > Are you sure? > Yes, it's all completely true. In fact, the real reason Tony Maimone left the band was so that he could devote more time to his law practice... m@t ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 13:35:39 -0700 (MST) From: David Simpson Subject: Re: TMBG: kids in the hall > Did any of you see the movie Kids in the Hall:Brain Candy? I haven't seen it > yet, but, I heard that TMBG have a song in that movie. Does anyone know if > it's a song they already have out on one of their cd's, or if it's a new one? Teh song on the movie is Spiralling Shape. It was kind of disapointing. I rented the movie and spent most of the time listening to see if I could hear the new song and not really paying much attention to the movie. So when it turned out to be only a few seconds clip from the song, I got upset. But it's still a good movie. Dave Simpson .. but in a way, aren't we *ALL* Dave Simpson? ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 22:51:54 +0000 (GMT) From: D Robertson Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG and SonicNet I'd like to thank all those who mailed with their variations on what time the chat thing was on at, unfortunately as this has given me a window between 2PM and 5AM I have decided against going on line (partly because I'm not free at the appointed hour of 2PM which seems to be the consensus) because of this I would like to ask anyone who is going on-line if they could pose a question for me. The question is "Are TMBG planning on touring the UK in the near future?" (Yes, I know I'm obsessed with it!) I would be extremely greatful if someone would volunteer for this (admittedly unimportant) task. Thank you for listening. Douglas "Look professer, it's your new post boxes. They're swarming!!" ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: The list From: freon@juno.com (Cody J Reynolds) Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 20:25:19 EST Could someone refresh my memory on how to get info on the usage of the list. Subscribing, unsubscribing, changing maildelevery. I do rember that it is an autoreply. Cody Reynolds Freon@juno.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: TMBG: The list Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 20:29:51 -0500 (EST) > Could someone refresh my memory on how to get info on the usage of the > list. Subscribing, unsubscribing, changing maildelevery. I do rember > that it is an autoreply. As just another reminder information about the list is on the web site (http://www.tmbg.org/) and can be obtained via e-mail by mailing tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, or by mailing majordomo@tmbg.org with the command "help". -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 21:20:48 -0800 From: Chris Ricci Subject: TMBG: aol.. I have to agree AOL is crap.. Not only do they AUTOMATICALLY SIGN YOU UP AND THEN START CHARGING YOU, but it is totally overpriced. My server for $22 a month I get 300 hours + a personal web page.. Ok.. here is some quality TMBG content: My favortie TMBG song: Rythum Section Want Ad: Hats off to a new age hair style made of bone, hats off to the use of hats as megaphone, walk softly drive a sherman tank, laugh hard its a long way to the bank... Anyone else dig that?? Chris ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: aol.. From: fdp@juno.com (Tim Lloyd) Date: Sun, 03 Nov 1996 00:40:25 EST >Hats off to a new age hair style made of bone, hats off to the use of >hats >as megaphone, walk softly drive a sherman tank, laugh hard its a long >way to >the bank... > >Anyone else dig that?? Perhaps a description of Devo? I can dig it. I love writing messages with a longer .sig than content. fdp@juno.com, omaha@tmbg.org Tim Lloyd "The mirror it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in: a furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice..." -TMBG "God made man, but he used a monkey to do it. Apes in the plan, and we're all here to prove it. I can walk like an ape, talk like an ape, I can do what a monkey can do. God made man, but a monkey supplied the glue." -DEVO ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-301 ******************************