Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-323 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 323 Monday, 25 November 1996 Today's Topics: TMBG: Moderation Re: TMBG: Orange Couch Fad (Ben Folds Five & TMBG) TMBG: Moderation Re: TMBG: Moderation Re: TMBG: They'd be fools to go back to Bar/None... TMBG: My sincere apologies! TMBG: TMBG in RI TMBG: NoCal shows comments TMBG: Linnell....drinking Decaf? TMBG: Columbus, OH TMBG: pittsburgh TMBG: important message... Re: TMBG: Columbus, OH TMBG: istanbul single Re: TMBG: pittsburgh TMBG: in the City of Angels p.2 TMBG: El Rey show and other notes TMBG: TMBG at the Palace, a Personal Review Re: TMBG: Linnell....drinking Decaf? TMBG: Alert Re: TMBG: Concert in S.F. set list (sort of) and personal clarification Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Floopyglop@aol.com Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 02:06:07 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Moderation Hi! Eric Webber said: >I do. I don't watch them on MTV, I don't get MTV. I watch them on my VCR. The >fans like videos. _That's_ why thy're worth making. Well, MTV rarely plays them (if at all) and Elektra hasn't bothered to compile the videos on a retrospective, so not a whole lot of people get to see them. I saw "Snail Shell" a grand total of one time when it was released. I suppose there have been tape trees set up to counteract this problem, and that's good, but it just seems to be an unnecessarily complicated thing to have to do in the first place. Plus, they'd save money (some, if not most of the video money is coming out of their pockets). Record comapnies don't offer a free ride when it comes to this stuff. >Don't be fooled, it happens every day [labels hassling bands, rejecting albums, not offering full creative control] I agree with you. Independent labels can be mercenary too (after all, it's much easier for an indie label to go out of business). >As for moderation of the list, why? The amount of bad mail is nothing, >compared to the amount of flaming going on, this and other lists. Both of >those can be solved with one word, tolerance. Your sentiment is certainly nice, but don't confuse moderation with censorship. They're two very different things. I think this list could use some streamlining in the form of ground rules such as "quote the relevant parts of messages, not the entire text" (as opposed to "you can say this, but you can't say that" types of rules, except one to generally stick to the topic). Things like that. I'm not going to go into detail about this, because I've already made these types comments to the list before. Given the "subscribe the list to itself" stunt pulled recently, it seems that nothing could stop spammers from getting their messages in if they wanted to. Sure, they'd be taken care of, but only after the fact. >Besides, who's gonna moderate the list, you, or how about you? You willing >to read every message posted every day and make the decision on whether or >not it's relevant? The list adminisrator would, silly! It doesn't take much effort to read forty posts a day, really. I never said we should appoint list members to do the task, though. I don't mind non-topic discussions, as long as they don't take over the list and end within four or five issues. The issue of revelancy would probably only come up if someone kept repeatedly posting non-TMBG e-mails to the list. A friendly reminder from the administrator would probably work well in this case. I just don't think this list's mangement is as good as it *could* be. >It's a bigger job than you think. Yes. it is, but if larger lists than this one can be moderated, then the idea is certainly not outside the realm of possibility. Dave O'Connell York PA ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 01:40:55 -0800 From: Dave Gooch Organization: People That Think Judgemental People Suck Subject: Re: TMBG: Orange Couch Fad (Ben Folds Five & TMBG) (Forewarning: This is completely non-They related) The Flying Pollock wrote: > > What is with the striking similarity between the S-E-X-X-Y single cover and > the Ben Folds Five back cover? To make things more expedient, I shall tell > you what the similarity is...Close-ups of ORANGE couches. Orange couches? > Those haven't been in style since the seventies. > There used to be orange couches in my library at school. They had to be at least 20 years old, but damn, they were the most comfortable couches I have ever been on. -- "Sure, I could've stayed in the past...could've even been king. But in my own way, I am king. Hail to the King baby." -- Ash, Army of Darkness ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: Moderation Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 06:09:31 -0600 I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!! FIRST, I DONT WANT A MODERATED LIST (OOPS caps was on, sorry) the reason is (i think unonocitum said this) is because people not on the digest like to be able to read their mail anytime (well, i do) and not have to wit for it all. MY IDEA: Can leo set it up so we could determine if it is non TMBG? Like, instead of the TMBG: part added on, it could add Non-TMBG: if we made it. Is this possible, like maybe add -non at the begining? like NON-TMBG: Re: Stuff Thats easier, so you can delete it if you want. I would read them anyway but i think that might work. -\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/- "Go ahead, wreck your life, that might be good"- They Might Be Giants (Spiralling Shape) Wyatt Glodell wglodell@baraboo.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: TMBG: Moderation Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 07:41:51 -0500 (EST) > MY IDEA: Can leo set it up so we could determine if it is non TMBG? > Like, instead of the TMBG: part added on, it could add Non-TMBG: if we made > it. Is this possible, like maybe add -non at the begining? like NON-TMBG: > Re: Stuff > Thats easier, so you can delete it if you want. I would read them anyway but > i think that might work. If someone can write a program to do that I would be glad to install it. It's not exactly an easy problem. The real problem here is one of intelligence. It's too easy to send a message to the list, so most people just do. If they stopped to think about what they were doing, they probably wouldn't send it. Some examples (and yes, I'm picking on people). 1) Recently two people posted completely non-tmbg messages to the list. This caused at least one person to post a message complaining about these posts. In reality all these complaints did was to double, or triple the volume of useless mail. 99% of the people on the list knew it was spam, and knew the person shouldn't have done it, they didn't need to be informed again. The correct way to deal with this is to first ignore it. If you delete such things without reading them you defeat the purpose. If you must reply you can send mail _TO THE PERSON WHO POSTED IT_. If your mail software works correctly a generic 'reply' should go to the sender only, and not the list. 2) Often people post something they-related, but the person who replies is interested in something else (say, a witty saying in the persons sig, or asking the person out on a date, or something else). These replies should go to the person who posted the original message, not the list. 3) People keep forwarding things to the list thinking they are doing a great service of informing us about something. Well, what you all need to know is all of those cute things have been floating around the Internet for years, and those of us who have been here for a while have seen them many times. Craig doesn't need any more greeting cards, the cookie recipe is given away, you can't make money fast, etc etc etc. 4) The most annoying to me...people feel compelled to say "me too!" Who cares? You're trying to impress 500 people who don't know you by annoying them with useless e-mail. If you don't have real substance to add to the conversation, please don't add it. I am considering some action. What I am thinking about doing is moderating the list but allowing certain people who seem to be able to handle list discussions to post directly without moderation. That way those mature enough to hold list discussions can go right ahead and do it, and those who aren't can have their messages deleted before they ever get to the list. The wise will realize it doesn't make sense to comment about this on the list either. Saying "cool", or "gee that sucks" just generates more useless mail. I get to make these decisions, if you have an opinion mail me, not the 500 people wanting less useless mail. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 10:58:05 -0500 (EST) From: Robert Mootrey u Subject: Re: TMBG: They'd be fools to go back to Bar/None... somebody wrote: > Three singles were > released for Apollo 18 and two for John Henry. %0 <"Oc +n8x<(vbZU 9%i0FEea&I{Tp3O :Sax5 VO ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 11:01:13 -0500 Subject: TMBG: My sincere apologies! After receiving a letter in response to the forward that I sent yesterday, I deeply regret sending such a message to the list. I didn't know that it wouldn't be appreciated, and was just looking for a good laugh. Once again, my sincere apologies. Joel Gedalius ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 12:08:03 -0500 From: "Adam P. Fistler" Subject: TMBG: TMBG in RI Does anyone know where Lupo's is in Rhode Island (Where're they're playing on 12/28?). Also any info on the club (loc, etc) would be apperciated. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 10:57:55 -0800 From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: TMBG: NoCal shows comments Here are some of my comments on the 11/19 Petaluma (P.) California show and the 11/20 Warfield (W.) performance. **Set list, with some comments** -S.E.X.X.Y. -Birdhouse in Your Soul - regarding the first time in Petaluma: "It's nice to be expanding our sphere of influence, as they say in rock" -NYC - Cub said something about them having an 'agreement' with TMBG. -Metal Detector -Counterfeit Faker - "This Hamer guitar, they haven't finished it yet, it's got some holes in it. I dunno, looks unfinished to me.Put some duct tape on it". My buddy at the show, who knew Mr. Hamer, recognized the guitars before the show started. I think some folks started square dancing during this one. -Particle Man - Never noticed how much this resembles some sort of Zydeco tune. -How Can I Sing Like a Girl - At the W. show JF said this is a true song about him. -Older - Tasty contrapuntal intro. "In our quest to disappoint audiences around the world (big cheer goes up). Who will play these songs if we won't? No one. Why? 'Cause". At one point it sounds like JL's keyboard has a bad key contact, as the sound suddenly became louder during parts of his 'solo'. Since it happened again at the W. show, it appears that it's intentional. -Nyquil Driver - another perverse solo, from Eric S. It transitions to... -Stayin' Alive - complete with the crowd doing that disco pointing thing. I've wondered in the past why they don't sing in falsetto. This is a good reason why. More noodling around on the guitar, keyboard and drums, then... -Anna Ng -Spy - JL conducted this night, JF conducted at the W. show. -Maybe I Know - The first of many Phil Spector jokes that night. -Spiraling Shape -XTC vs. Adam Ant -Exquisite Dead Guy - I liked the fact that JF turns his puppet head around to look at the others on stage when he's not'singing'. The audience starting clapping in time. -Why Does the Sun Shine - another joke about Phil Spector preceded this. -Don't Let's Start -Snail Shell - started off with some diversionary tinkering around, like Dig My Grave later. -Twisting -Until My Head Falls Off - Great way to get the crowd revved up, wanting more! **First Encore** -Spider -The Guitar - the crowd's singing along during the quiet parts, waving when The Lion waves goodbye. -James K. Polk - Flans pointed out that this is a very important song for our state, since JKP purchased the property. -Dig My Grave - started at the fast speed and didn't let up. **Second Encore** -They Got Lost - I can see it happening, especially when they check into little places like Petaluma, where they had never been before. -Istanbul - another laid back intro, then they really kick it into gear. General Observations It's clear that JL is the stronger singer. It feels to me that JF is singing from a higher location in his chest, not quite using his diaphragm as much. Based on my personal epxerience, losing weight might help in that regard. It didn't help that his voice was mixed at a lower volume. Eric played on maybe only a third of the songs at the P. show. Intrigued, I kept notes during the W. show and he played a bit more, about half the songs. JF made some joke during the W. show that Eric's fingers had been sliced off by the guitar strings the night before and they had to spend time in the hospital... The wah-wah guitar sound was much in evidence, even excessive. It actually wasn't a wah-wah pedal, but a Mutron box (that's what it used to be called, at least) that makes the wah sound evey time a chord is played. I did notice Nicole both in line and during the show, because of the flag, but didn't know it was her. The kids between her and us were talking about moles (the chemical measure, not the mammal), which I thought was entirely appropriate. The crowd at the P. show was much younger than at the W. show. I'd love to see them at the smaller P. venue anytime, even with a three hour drive (well, really I'd see them again any time.) Thanks for reading, Bob Gonsalves, Research Director, Pink Noise Studios Art*Technology*Politics home: http://www.pinknoiz.com/pinknoiz/ work: http:/www.aphasia.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 15:01:22 -0500 (GMT-0500) From: BlueDawg Subject: TMBG: Linnell....drinking Decaf? I've been trying to figure out why FS freut mich nicht, and I notice a distinct loss in energy in Linnell's songs. Ya know, nothing really bouncy and fun, save JKP and UMHFO. Might this be the problem? S. M. Bergeron, bluedawg@tmbg.org, idiotnot@visi.net Jeep Driver, BlueDawg on IRC http://members.visi.net/~idiotnot/ ObWittySig: Q: If you could be any animal, what would you be? John Sidney Linnell's A: A delicious Steak Dinner. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1985 15:09:11 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Columbus, OH Sorry about posting twice on the same subject. But I still agree with myself... oh well. Anyway... Who's going to the Columbus, OH show Dec 3? Will there be a bunch of list people there or only a few? -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 "Everyone complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it." ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: pittsburgh Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 15:56:34 -0500 (EST) Is anyone going to the Dec 14 (I think Saturday) Pittsburgh, PA show at the Metropol (?)? I'm thinking of attending, especially since Iv'e never been to Pitt. Also, Dec 31 New Years show seems to be in Red Bank, NJ, does anyone know where in NJ this town is? (Hopefully more south than north). Also, is anyone going to the Dec 27 DC 9:30 club show? I will definitely be at that one! Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 16:00:56 -0500 Subject: TMBG: important message... ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY! I AM 14! well,i would be very happy today,but i slept on my neck weird,or something,so its been hurting all day,and its hard to turn around,doo doo doo ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 16:51:50 -0500 From: Brian Evans Subject: Re: TMBG: Columbus, OH I know I don't post much so people may not know me but I'm definitely going to be there. We should arrange a place for all of the list members to meet. I'm just curious, does anyone who has been to a show on this tour know if they have any new shirts?, I already have all the old ones and was hoping to pick up some new shirts. >Sorry about posting twice on the same subject. But I still agree with >myself... oh well. > >Anyway... >Who's going to the Columbus, OH show Dec 3? Will there be a bunch of list >people there or only a few? >-- >Evan Chakroff >The Internet Mystery Spot >http://www.GeoCities.com/SoHo/4545 >"Everyone complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it." > > 0000,0000,8080Brian Evans bevans@infinet.com ffff,0000,0000"No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful" "Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful" - Don't Let's Start -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 14:09:33 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: istanbul single ok everyone I suppose I should have anticipated a pretty big response. I have about 10 people angling for the Istanbul single, which I *was* able to procure. First things first: the record store had the wrong price on it. It sold for $5.98, not $7.98. I'm feeling a bit like the guy with the poster now, but I'm going to try and think of an impartial way to pick the lucky winner. --nicole the wonder nerd woe is me, for I am ill. *** "The bells are pealing, and they're revealing the simple key to happiness. It isn't good, it isn't evil-- it's only what the people miss." --They Might be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:30:35 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: pittsburgh Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 24-Nov-96 TMBG: pittsburgh by Matthew James@envy.loyol > Is anyone going to the Dec 14 (I think Saturday) Pittsburgh, PA show at > the Metropol (?)? I'm thinking of attending, especially since Iv'e > never been to Pitt. Also, Dec 31 New Years show seems to be in Red > Bank, NJ, does anyone know where in NJ this town is? (Hopefully more > south than north). Also, is anyone going to the Dec 27 DC 9:30 club > show? I will definitely be at that one! Wow. 2 shows in a month for me... maybe 3. I'm going to the Pittsburgh show, and now that I know about it, the DC show, and, because I want to see a New Years show, that one, if I'm allowed in... ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: in the City of Angels p.2 From: garit@juno.com (Larry Santiago) Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:11:28 EST Hello again! Its time to post about the They Might Be Giants instore at Aron Records in Los Angeles. (11/22/96) John and John were about a half hour late, but it gave me a chance to talk to Brian and Graham. I didnt expect Graham to be there, so it was a real treat. By the way, Brians favorite actor is David Hasselhoff (I think he was joking) and Graham spend most of the time looking at the Beatles bootlegs. Speaking of bootlegs, I got a most outstanding video of the instore. I was only about 7 feet away from the Johns and I got quite a few extreme closeups. (Linnells got some great dorsal veins) The free show was about 40 minutes long, 12 songs, a little banter. A real treat, arguably my best Them live experience. Except for the bearded roadie who kept nagging about the T-shirts and said very seriously, Do not bother the Johns, do not touch them. On to the accordian-filled set list: James K. Polk - No Las (I wonder why) Birdhouse in Your Soul New York City - some great Linnell head swings in the video They Got Lost - listen for Brians countdown at the beginning How Can I Sing Like a Girl? Turn Around !!!!! Maybe I Know !!!- Flans says from the All Gore collection Ana Ng - Linnell smiled during this one, so he couldnt have been that bored Older - !! - Go Graham! XTC vs. Adam Ant - sounds better without Eric, IMO Particle Man - (obligatory) - I remember when I really liked this song, long ago At this point Flans announced about their show at the El Cid Theater (doh!) and he was quite proud of the JL (Jerry Lewis) showers. S-E-X-X-Y - album version sounds better Would have been nice to finish off with Bells are Ringing, but you cant complain when its free, right? Anyway, the videos really stupendous, and Im quite proud of it. After the show, I got 2 posters, one with the Johns in the black suits, and one of the album cover. I also got the set lists, and Brian and Grahams autographs. Also, there was only about 40 people there so it was pretty intimate. If you want to trade for the video, or just E-mail to talk more about the L.A. shows, feel free to do so. Ill post about the Palace show tomorrow, which was better than the El Rey show, IMHO. G "I used to rock and roll all night and party evurry day. Then it was every other day, then it was a half-hour a week...." - Homer Simpson ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:21:49 GMT From: Kilroy Subject: TMBG: El Rey show and other notes Just got back to San Diego after a protracted stay at my friend's apartment at USC. The show's been reviewed and reviewed, so I won't go on too long about it. I got setlists from both the El Rey show and the free show at Aron's records. >:} For anyone who was there, I was the blond girl in the fez and vinyl tie sitting off to the side at Aron's. Wish I had bootlegged it. (email me if you have a copy!) They were absolutely wonderful, although I think Linnell needs to be fed. I approve of his hair. I guess there's no instore tonight in SD but I'll try to hang around the front of the venue in my World Tour 2040 shirt, so don't be shy if you wanna come up and harass me. >:} Cub didn't seem all that special to me but then it was hard to hear them between the cruddy sound that others have mentioned and the fact that their style of music is just hard to hear. Setlist notes: >Turn Around - !!!! They had Pet Name on the setlist here but I'm glad they did Turn Arond instead. >Spy - fairly short conducted section And here they skipped Maybe I Know :{ >Mike, I'll post about the instore as soon as I get the video >transferred. (Did someone say video?) You videotaped it? Ooooh, I want! Herne sez: >I went to the show alone and hooked up with Kathleen Jo Falconer and >brood. We hung out at the tables and wathed the show. Her kids >disappeared into the floor zone. Oh, so that was you with the kids. We were at the next table. :} >For all you San Diegans I envy you your 91X. No you don't. They have Howard Stern on in the mornings. >:} 92.5 plays much more Giants--I think the early morning DJ is a fan. On the issue of list moderation: I think moderating it would be overkill. People will stop posting chain letters when they figure out that it doesn't make them particularly popular. Stupid grammar and spelling is something that we're going to have to live with. If you hate it that much, you can still feel superior to the people that do it. -Kilroy Wasn't she easy? Isn't she pretty in pink? ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:00:23 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: TMBG at the Palace, a Personal Review Hey all, I'm late with this... I saw Them last night, and I only had time to write to you all right now, about 19 hours later. I get the digest, so I don't know if someone's already reviewed the concert. Also, I couldn't possibly say anything new in terms of performances or set-lists, so this will just be a personal commentary. I'll go with the BEST news first: Man, did They look like they had a great time! Linnell smiled! More than once! A lot! Every other TMBG show I've been to (three, previously), Linnell looked pretty dead. Lifeless. Not this time. He was waving his arms around. He was cracking jokes. He was REALLY into the accordian. He even lifted his keyboard to play glissandos up and down on it, and the thing got disconnected! It was awesome! When Linnell is getting into it, everyone gets into it. Yeah! It truly was the John Linnell show. He sang seemingly 80% of the songs. Flans was his usual bouncy self, which is always cool, but to see Linnell join in the festivities was a true delight. Man, was he animated! He dug his fingers into that keyboard! He jumped onto a box while playing his accordian! He played dissonant chords all over the songs! He looked like a mad scientist! It made my evening. Some odds and ends: Yes, They did Spider, They played Older (yeah!) and They Got Lost (yeah!), They even played Turn Around. I was surprised to hear Till My Head Falls Off in the encore (for some reason, I just didn't expect it). And The Famous Polka as the second encore closer. Both Johns talked a lot about the warm reception in this Hollywood theater. Flansburgh did the Spy conducting, which surprised me... he made it extra long, at one point pointing and talking to each band member, saying things like, "Eric, play me a riff I've heard, something I know." Then he asked Brian to do the same, drumming something from a song he knew. Then, a familiar bass line from Graham. Lastly, he asked Linnell to do the same on keyboard, and he actually called him "Linnell." "Linnell, now you play something I know." Interesting, I thought. Do They call themselves "Linnell" and "Flans"? Anyhow, the audience got really into that one, hollering in delight whenever Flans pointed to them. Yes to the puppets in Exquisite Dead Guy (Hilarious! Linnell shook his puppet during the "you" in "the way I feel... about yooooou"). No One Knows My Plans' conga line was really long... I was in the balcony, and the line looked like a huge snake. My excuse for not being downstairs was that I wanted to avoid being moshed to death, but the audience didn't mosh that evening. Now I am somewhat regretful for not being down there for the conga line. I suppose I should mention something about Frank Black. It's the third time I've seen him open for Them, leading me to believe that wherever I go to see TMBG, Frank follows. Well, he hasn't grown on me. His guitars were just too loud, and I could not hear his words at all. I wish I had seen Cub, but, from previous reviews, it didn't sound like I could've heard them sing, either. It's regretful either way, I suppose. So the Giants rocked again. My brother kept pointing it out to me every time John Linnell smiled. Which was a lot. Keep smiling, John, and I'll be smiling too. ====================== | from LVJeff |_________________________________________________ | 1996 2-Cycle Rat | You, with the dark mood, and prone to brood / | alecson@ucla.edu | You, with lack of pride, and prone to hide / ====================== You, desiring praise, yet prone to laze / You, you are not the one ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 22:44:42 -0500 From: jchaffer@tmbg.org (Jonathan Chaffer) Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell....drinking Decaf? >I've been trying to figure out why FS freut mich nicht, and I notice a >distinct loss in energy in Linnell's songs. Ya know, nothing really >bouncy and fun, save JKP and UMHFO. Might this be the problem? I think that songs like The Bells and Exq. Dead Guy are plenty bouncy. Dead Guy may be quiet, but it still makes be want to dance around. Oh well, I guess das ist Geschmackssache. -- Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp/finger (My Mac): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu "Nate, with my brains and your flexibility, we could rule the world!" --Me "Duty now, Spud." --Gnl. Boy "It's a rock gyro thing." --John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:27:21 -0600 From: "Linda Schultz" Subject: TMBG: Alert Earlier this evening my friends from Minneapolis called and told me that TMBG were doing an in-store appearance on November 29 at Let it Be Records which is on 10th and Nicolet in downtown Minneapolis. They said it was supposed to be at 4 p.m. ------------------------------ From: Greg Nicholson Date: Mon, 25 Nov 96 00:22:56 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Concert in S.F. set list (sort of) and personal clarification Yes, post the Tower Records set list. Greg ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-323 ******************************