Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #2-331 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 2, Number 331 Tuesday, 3 December 1996 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Mics........ T TMBG: Concerts TMBG: A Conspiracy? TMBG: Miss T cover.... Re: TMBG: stupid people Re: TMBG: wacky Elektra TMBG: TMBA Mail: Living in the balcony Re: TMBG: stupid people TMBG: Re: Istanbul author Re: TMBG: SEXXY singles Re: TMBG: key changes? Re: TMBG: A Conspiracy? TMBG: das on thanksgiving Re: TMBG: key changes? Re: TMBG: key changes? TMBG: trade from hell Re: TMBG: A Conspiracy? TMBG: at last Re: TMBG: Misc T cover.... Re: TMBG: trade from hell TMBG: Extra Hello Discs Re: TMBG: key changes? TMBG: Cleveland concert TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said, "Hello, excuse me, hey!" Re: TMBG: key changes? Re: TMBG: key changes? Re: TMBG: key changes? TMBG: Drum Notes Re: TMBG: SEXXY singles TMBG: DAS? TMBG: Concert Dates... Re: TMBG: Concert Dates... TMBG: TMBG boots Non-TMBG: Re Slow night, eh? Re: TMBG: Misc T cover.... Re: TMBG: key changes? Re: TMBG: Istanbul author TMBG: Columbus Boot TMBG: Older .wav TMBG: NOT-VERY-TMBG-RELATED: Re: Slow night, eh? Re: TMBG: Misc T cover.... TMBG: Test: NOT- TMBG -RELATED Do Not Read! NOT- TMBG: -RELATED Non-TMBG: Don't Read! Delete Now! TMBG: Ever wish you had an apachie... Re: TMBG: Columbus Boot TMBG: Cincinnati show Re: TMBG: stupid people TMBG: They Don't Have Time so Don't ask TMBG: So I leaned out the window and said, "OAT!" TMBG: New Years Concert Info TMBG: Bunch of crap non-TMBG: Rap TMBG: Happy happy news! :):):) TMBG: HEY! READ THIS! If you want to, its not necessary. TMBG: Chicago and Milwaukee fun TMBG: notice Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 02:45:03 -0500 From: The Flying Pollock Subject: Re: TMBG: Mics........ T At 01:16 AM 12/1/96 PST, Cathi E DeGarmo wrote: >Who are those people talking between "For Science" & "Hotel Detective" on >Mics.. T? And does anyone else find them annoying? The people to which you refer on Track 13 of Misc.T are unknown to anyone except as Gloria and Friends. The entire Track 13 was captured on the Dial-A-Song answering machine back in the days when it still would record after the songs. Sometimes people calling in to DAS would leave messages for TMBG, one of which appeared backwards at the beginning of "I'll Sink Manhattan". Gloria probably felt that hanging up the phone would be too much of a physical strain before initiating her wonderings about "There May Be Giants". TMBG was amused with it enough to include it on MiscT. and (I think) as one of the B-sides on one of their singles. I don't personally find Track 13 annoying. The New York accents are fun to imitate and converse loudly with to McDonald's workers over the drive-through intercom. Toodles... -=-=-The Flying Pollock>>>>>>>>Casey Grunnet=-=-=-=-=-=-=- <><><>Penn State University-Altoona<><><> ckg110@psu.edu-=-==-=-=Jaluit22@aol.com-=-=-Jaluit on IRC=-= "What's the sense in ever thinking about the tomb, when you're much too busy returning to the womb?"=====>T.M.B.G. (~~~~~They Might Be Giants~~~~~Rocky Horror~~~~~XFiles~~~~~) ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Concerts From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 18:34:30 EST Hey;) I wanted to know if anyone out there went to their concert on the 29th. I didn't (I'm in Georgia) but I always enjoy reading everyone's concert experiences (i.e. setlist, cool banter, etc.). I realize that many of you are away for Thanksgiving (which is probably why I have gotten very little e-mail lately), but I hope to hear from y'all soon. Also, someone mentioned a few weeks back that they had an interview with Linnell scheduled for yesterday for their school newspaper. How did that go? My mailbox is empty right now so if anyone is home at their computer and wants to chat, please feel free to write;). By the way, I'm going to the concert with my cousin on the 8th. Thanks to everyone who wrote to me offering to hang out with me;). If you're going, let me know how I can spot you. Also, how early is everyone planning to get there in order to get a good seat? Jen Mammal, mammal, Their names are called They raise a paw...... - TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 06:09:49 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: A Conspiracy? I was just sittin around one day, just listening to one of THEIR cd's (Apollo 18, I think) and I happened to glance at my anally-arranged-in-release-order stack of TMBG cd's. I noticed something rather "odd" on the side of the cd case. The more current a release a CD is, the larger and larger the words "They Might Be Giants" and "[Album Name Here]" get. As if this wasn't scary enough, the larger TMBG gets, the smaller the word "Elektra" or "Restless/Bar None" gets. Creepy, huh? Maybe the Giants plan is to completley devour the company Elektra by Their 8th album. Maybe I have too much free time on my hands. Maybe Lite beer really does taste great. No, thats crazy, it's less filling. Ah, you're full of it, it tastes gr- I should shut up now. -- Kevin "100% Curd" McGuire ^ ^ | | | | | | | | -------------That's not butter! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 13:00:41 GMT From: "Fan from Oz...." Subject: TMBG: Miss T cover.... Has anyone noticed that the photo on the cover of Miss T is upside down...The keyhole is above the lock...but maybe that is the way you do it in the USofA..... "let me tell you about the illusion of freewill" Sheriff Buck.... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 08:28:07 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: stupid people Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 1-Dec-96 TMBG: stupid people by Catie E DeGarmo@juno.com > God, how the hell can people think THEY suck??? They are the best!!! Because people have different musical tastes. And that's really all that can be said about it. All of us, here on the mailing list, think they are great. I don't necessarily agree that they're "the best," but I do agree that they're a really cool band, and, honestly, most people with musical tastes similar to mine *do* like TMBG. But you can't expect absolutely everyone to like them. The least you should expect is that those who do think they suck would have the sense not to voice that opinion to us... just like I'm *not* going to post flame-bait saying how much I think rap sucks... of course, I'll probably get mostly agreement here - don't know of too many overlapping TMBG/rap fans. :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 13:18:39 +0000 (GMT) From: "PHIL MOSS, JMU MARKETING OFFICER" Subject: Re: TMBG: wacky Elektra The extremely helpful (thanks again!!) Matt James wrote: >I love what Elektra puts on their CDs (as shown on the SEXXY single): >Elektra Entertainment Group, a Division of Warner Communications, Inc >for the United States and WEA for *the world outside of the United >States*. >Apparently there are 2 worlds on this one planet. hehehehe Indeed you are correct!! There's the world that Warner releases Factory Showroom, and then there's the world outside where WEA doesn't. Coincidentally, these same two worlds exist in the parallel "Live" universe. The WarnerWorld gets all the live shows it wants... and then some, whilst WEAWorld gets bugger all. Just thought I'd have a moan in a slightly witty English way. Phil "stuck in the TMBG-free zone that is the UK" Moss ===================== JMU Marketing Officer p.n.moss@livjm.ac.uk ------------------------------ From: "The Masked BOBASTIC Avenger" Organization: anubis Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 08:36:56 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBA Mail: Living in the balcony Dou. .... ------------------------------ From: "Jarmo Lundgren" Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:27:38 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: stupid people Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > I'm *not* going to post > flame-bait saying how much I think rap sucks... of course, I'll probably > get mostly agreement here - What's wrong with rap? I think it's great. Of course, it sounds a lot better here in Finland, where you (meaning I) can't understand but something about every third word. Like this: "Hulubuluhulubulumothafuckerhulubuluhulubulu..." And don't start calling me racist after this... > don't know of too many overlapping TMBG/rap > fans. :) Maaan, rap is great! What kind of music TMBG would be, if Johns were black...? <----------------------------- jab - jarmo lundgren jab@pp.atlasnet.fi http://www.atlasnet.fi/yksityis/killrose/shafteng.htm haemeenkatu 24 e, 20700 turku, finland, europe 02-2505998 -------------------------------> ------------------------------ Date: 2 Dec 1996 15:02:05 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: Re: Istanbul author Danny Jones wrote in article <199612020451.UAA23119@cyprus.it.earthlink.net>... > > That song was NOT written by NEIL Simon. Very good Danny, but who did write it. -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY singles Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:03:42 -0500 (EST) > > I was able to get 2 copies of the SEXXY single at Blockbuster music > for $3.50 each, and they have all five songs on them. > > I didn't see any cassette singles. > Has anybody seen the SEXXY cassette singles? > Do they have different songs on them. > > Oh and I checked for hidden tracks on the single. Nope. I believe the casette single is the same as the 3 song CD single which is just a smaller version of the 5 song single (no Sensurround or Unforgotten). I still think it's bizarre that they would release this 3 song single which really serves no purpose. I could understand if it were a radio promo copy only but an actual release? Why? Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:32:52 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 2-Dec-96 Re: TMBG: key changes? by Bill Tatalovich@cec.wust > Birdhouse in Your Soul, and Istanbul (though not mentioned by Sr. > Solomon) are three of the most over-played TMBG songs. Maybe they just As far as I can tell, Istanbul is always played in F minor. >want to put a little variety into them to keep those songs from being, >well, annoying to play....who knows? dunno... perhaps. I think they change the lyrics occasionally for variety... or perhaps because when they're up on stage playing a song they spontaneously forget how it goes. But the key generally stays the same, if for no other reason than simplicity... in concert, Particle Man is *always* in C. The only recording I've ever heard where it's not is on the album, where it's in A. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 10:22:06 -0500 (CDT) From: Juliet Subject: Re: TMBG: A Conspiracy? > I was just sittin around one day, just listening to one of THEIR cd's > (Apollo 18, I think) and I happened to glance at my > anally-arranged-in-release-order stack of TMBG cd's. I noticed Wow... You must either be rich, obsessed, or both. =) > something rather "odd" on the side of the cd case. The more current a > release a CD is, the larger and larger the words "They Might Be Giants" > and "[Album Name Here]" get. As if this wasn't scary enough, the larger > TMBG gets, the smaller the word "Elektra" or "Restless/Bar None" gets. > Creepy, huh? Maybe the Giants plan is to completley devour the company I think it's just a subtile hint that one day TMBG will take over the world. I won't mind that one bit, in fact, being Supreme High Empress, I should hope they would allow me to continue my rule as well as take over theirs while they make music. In the meantime, while they're ruling, I will be their love slave... for science, of course. As for devoring companies, I have heard that companies DO NOT taste like chicken, and in fact the presence of lawyers within the company makes the average company have a bitter taste, and a long-lingering and horrible aftertaste. I think they know this, which is why I would have to disagree that they will devour the company. Swallow it whole, maybe, but the stuff companies give you is usually pretty hard to swallow anyway, so you an just imagine the company itself... > Elektra by Their 8th album. Maybe I have too much free time on my > hands. Maybe Lite beer really does taste great. No, thats crazy, it's > less filling. Ah, you're full of it, it tastes gr- According to my "sources," lite beer only tastes great after you've had a few other beers. Basically, the more sloshed you get, the better ANY beer tastes. By that time, however, you could drink a bottle of rubbing alcohol and think it tastes great. As for conspiracies, ALL conspiracies are somehow linked to our government, which is run by the Illuminati, which is run by the Secret Masters who live in the flying castle thousands of miles above earth, which is run by me. See, I tell you this because no one believes me anyway. I might as well be truthful and tell people the real workings of the world, because they won't believe me anyway. =) I Ate The Apple of Immortality- It Was Only 18 Cents, Helen =) "My bounty is as boundless as the sea; My love as deep; For the more I give thee The more I have; For both are infinate." ------------------------------ From: "SHOEHORN WITH TEETH" Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 10:39:17 CST Subject: TMBG: das on thanksgiving Did anyone happen to notice what was playing on Thanksgiving? Just wondering because I thought maybe Tryptophane would have been on there, you know, seeing as how it was Turkey Day and all. Just a thought. Have a happy day. . ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 12:44:36 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? > >want to put a little variety into them to keep those songs from being, > >well, annoying to play....who knows? > > dunno... perhaps. I think they change the lyrics occasionally for > variety... or perhaps because when they're up on stage playing a song > they spontaneously forget how it goes. But the key generally stays the > same, if for no other reason than simplicity... in concert, Particle Man > is *always* in C. The only recording I've ever heard where it's not is > on the album, where it's in A. > Well, that's probably true. I am minoring in music, but I still have problems picking out keys. Even if they don't change the keys of Istanbul, Birdhouse, Particle Man, and even Ana Ng, they're always changing SOMETHING in those songs when they play them live. Admittedly, they change a lot of songs when they play them live, but it seems that those four songs are changed the most. I've heard many a show in which Linnell sings Ana Ng (especially Ana Ng, but it applies to the others as well) with no vocal inflection. Almost as though he's bored with the songs. Occasionally you get a rocking version that everyone gets into, but that's only occasionally (at least in my experience). REM is the same way--Michael Stipe apparently hates doing "Stand", "What's the Frequency Kenneth", and others. You can tell in his voice. It's a shame, really...I've always loved Ana Ng, and Birdhouse was the first They song I ever heard (ah, the memories...). Sorry for rambling...I'm just wasting time between classes here. See y'all around. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "You are afraid of the smell of shit." --Douglas Coupland, _Polaroids From the Dead_ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 14:40:24 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? This is probably very untrue, but here goes anyway: What if the batteries are low (or overcharged) in the tape player? In your example, what if the batteries are overcharged enough to change the pitch up by a whole step, every note would be a whole step higher, and it would seem like a different key. Speaking of key changes and stuff, I just heard JKP Istanbul version, and Wow, that singing saw is SHARP! (Pun intended :) >Reply-To: Lawrence P Solomon > >Hmmm... this is weird. Often, when I'm listening to TMBG songs, I'll >play along on my keyboard or accordion to see if the chords I've been >given are right. (usually they are :) But the really disturbing thing >is the sheet music for Birdhouse in Your Soul. It has it being in C. >It's in C on the album, and it's been in C in recent concerts. I'm >listening to a Flood show (4/28/90) now and it appears to be in D. And >I think there were other tapes I had some trouble playing along with >because they played it in keys other than C or D. What gives? Most >songs they play the same way every time.... the only real exceptions I >can find to this are Particle Man and Birdhouse in Your Soul. All the >others seem to be consistent... with themselves and with the album >versions. Weird. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot ---> http://spot.home.ml.org The Happy ASCII Squirrel (5,000 ft) ---> . ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 14:42:36 -0500 (EST) From: "That's Michael Rose to you!" Subject: TMBG: trade from hell October 4, 1996: I mailed two tapes to doug haas in trade for a copy of Modern Rock Live. I mailed him two because he really wanted them but had nothing else to offer in trade, so I decided just to send them to him and hope if he ever got anything else in the future that I did not have, he'd maybe send be a copy. I sent him two full 90 min programs in trade for only one 40 minute radio program. Around a week later he acknowledged he received them, only after I had to ask him twice to tell me. November 18, 1996: One month and 2 weeks later, doug tells me his tape deck has been giving him problems, which he told me only after I emailed him asking him what was going on. December 2, 1996: 2 weeks later, and nearly two months after I mailed him his tapes. I have not heard from doug haas and I have not received the tape. I have also not heard from doug about any new shows he may have received in trade for Modern Rock Live that I might want. I am not the only one who has not received the tape from doug haas. All I really wanted was to be kept informed. When I trade I feel I have a responsibility to the person I am trading with to let them know the status of their tapes. I want my tape, doug, or I want to know why I don't have it. You can't leave people hanging like this, barring any horrible tragedy in your life. Thank you. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy where all your answers are questioned ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 14:45:45 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: A Conspiracy? wow, that -almost- works... except for Flood being bigger than Lincoln, and Apollo 18 having some letters bigger than Flood and some smaller, and John Henry being about the same size. At 06:09 AM 12/2/96 -0500, you wrote: >I was just sittin around one day, just listening to one of THEIR cd's >(Apollo 18, I think) and I happened to glance at my >anally-arranged-in-release-order stack of TMBG cd's. I noticed >something rather "odd" on the side of the cd case. The more current a >release a CD is, the larger and larger the words "They Might Be Giants" >and "[Album Name Here]" get. As if this wasn't scary enough, the larger >TMBG gets, the smaller the word "Elektra" or "Restless/Bar None" gets. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot ---> http://spot.home.ml.org The Happy ASCII Squirrel (5,000 ft) ---> . ------------------------------ From: Kris Stewart Subject: TMBG: at last Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 03:58:00 +0000 At last, some people as sad as me. I was beginning to think I must be the only lunatic who can't get through the day without hearing at least one tmbg track. Over the pond, here in Blighty (that's England), the only people I know who have heard of Them have heard Them at full blast in my car, and nowhere else. This weekend I heard of a friend of a friend who's obsessed - a total first for me. I have never heard Them on the radio, except for "Birdhouse.." (which was big over here,) and that was years ago. "Birdhouse.." and "The Statue Got Me High" were played on the "Chart Show" (TV Video chart show-type-thing.) And that's it. Well, now you guys have to put up with my years of frustrated TMBG-dom. Like Jon ("Nyaralathotep", 28/11/96) I have heard rumours that They may be over here in the Spring - can anyone confirm this? Please? I need to know. Thank you Thank you Kris kriss@pearson-pro.com "Confidentially, I never had much pride" ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 14:49:39 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc T cover.... At 01:00 PM 12/2/96 GMT, you wrote: >Has anyone noticed that the photo on the cover of Miss T is upside >down...The keyhole is above the lock...but maybe that is the way you do it >in the USofA..... wow... It IS upside-down... I had always thought that the letters were stuck up on the celing or something... but turn it upside-down and that looks like a floor! (And that's a pretty bad looking wall over on the left side...) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot ---> http://spot.home.ml.org The Happy ASCII Squirrel (5,000 ft) ---> . ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 15:05:12 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: trade from hell > I want my tape, doug, or I want to know why I don't have it. You >can't leave people hanging like this, barring any horrible tragedy in your >life. Thank you. > > > MIKe > *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* I think that everyone on the list may feel the same way. Light the torches. I'll get the rope. -e- "Nothing's smelling like" *beat* "a rose" ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 15:07:53 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Extra Hello Discs Anyone have extra Hello Discs they would like to trade/sell me? E-mail me. Also, antone know what availability there will be for Hello stuff after they stop? I'm thinking about getting the whole set, but I don't have that much money to blow on a bunch of CDs. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot ---> http://spot.home.ml.org The Happy ASCII Squirrel (5,000 ft) ---> . ------------------------------ From: "David K. Lapides" Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 15:12:51 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? Evan suggested: > This is probably very untrue, but here goes anyway: > What if the batteries are low (or overcharged) in the tape player? In your > example, what if the batteries are overcharged enough to change the pitch > up by a whole step, every note would be a whole step higher, and it would > seem like a different key. Sorry, unless you have very weird tape recorder, there is no way for overcharged batteries to play too fast, raising the pitch of the songs. The motor in the player is set to play at a constant speed as long as sufficient current is available. If it were otherwise, the pitch of the recording would slowly drop as the recorder was playing. Plus, Lawrence mentioned that it usually occurs only on Birdhouse and Particle man. Those songs might have been transposed to make it easier to play live, or they might be bored (a new name for the band?) with them and want a little variety. Birdhouse and Particle Man are probably two of the most played THEY songs. Det. that'smystoryandI'mstickingwithit Dave ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:03:42 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: TMBG: Cleveland concert Ok. I live about 10 minutes away from the Agora (where the concert is). If anyone needs a place to stay or something else, just email me privately, and I'll do as much as I can. My dad gives excellent directions, but he might be pissed if I try to force him to take alot of time figuring out the best routes for everyone. I know how to get from Etown to Cleveland however... :) If you do need anything, email me ASAP, because I'll need to OK everything before I can tell you what's going on. ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Subject: TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said, "Hello, excuse me, hey!" Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:03:15 -0500 (EST) > >Ah, yes, but what continent is Istanbul (not Constantinople) on? > > Or, better yet, what are the three most commonly spoken languages in Istanbul? I looked in the dictionary and it did, indeed, say that Turkey was in Eastern Europe and Western Asia, so I guess Istanbul is on 2 continents. > > >WEA for *the world outside of the United > >States*. Apparently there are 2 worlds on this one planet. hehehehe > Sorry to be Mr. Anal-Retentive Grammar Man, but that construction is > perfectly valid. It does not refer to a complete world outside the US, but > to that portion of the world which is beyond the US. However grammatically correct it may be the easily inferred message is that the United States is the superior world and the rest of the world is second-hand crap. Yah Elektra, they rule (*sarcasm alert*) Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) *------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:15:07 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 2-Dec-96 Re: TMBG: key changes? by Evan Chakroff@ix.netcom. > This is probably very untrue, but here goes anyway: > What if the batteries are low (or overcharged) in the tape player? In your > example, what if the batteries are overcharged enough to change the pitch > up by a whole step, every note would be a whole step higher, and it would > seem like a different key. Not likely. I'm using something plugged into the wall. I have had that happen before, though... it threw me off for a while, but then I realized what had happened. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 15:17:04 -0600 (CST) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of David K. Lapides: >songs. The motor in the player is set to play at a constant speed as >long as sufficient current is available. If it were otherwise, the >pitch of the recording would slowly drop as the recorder was playing. It is common on walkman-style portable cassette players for pitch to drop as the batteries wear down... -CB ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 96 16:33 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? > >In the immortal words of David K. Lapides: > >>songs. The motor in the player is set to play at a constant speed as >>long as sufficient current is available. If it were otherwise, the >>pitch of the recording would slowly drop as the recorder was playing. > >It is common on walkman-style portable cassette players for pitch to >drop as the batteries wear down... I just noticed last night that my walkman makes everything sound a little higher pitched, and I can't figure out why. Any suggestions? Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "Pretend I *did* blow up the school. All the schools." -J.D. "Heathers" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 13:47:31 -0800 (PST) From: Zak Winnick Subject: TMBG: Drum Notes Hey All! I am kinda new to the list, but I have been a long time lurker. I was just wondering if anybody had the drum notes to a few songs? Or the names of some people or places that do have them? Any info would be great! Zak Winnick The Webmaster Group http://desperado.scvnet.com/~producer/ producer@scvnet.com ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 17:29:21 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY singles I went to the wall.... which is the only music store in the mall with decent albums even though the other one has more TMBG... and lower prices.. but the bells ring and I go to the wall... So I go and see the SEXXY single in the cardboard case and say.. "It's not worth it to buy this... where is the maxi-single?" I ask the guy with the glasses who knows what he's doing and talking about.. all the other guys just work there.... He says they might get it in Tues or Thurs... I want to go back Tues. but me with no car and my friend on restriction... I am forlorn.. so I guess I'll wait... But, Do no forsake me... Tim "They tell him he's uninspired..."-The Connells ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: DAS? Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 17:05:12 -0600 Hi, has anyone gotten through to dial a song in the past three weeks, i have tried at least 20 times a day, but it is ALWAYS busy. I figure john and john have enouhg mmoney to at least add a couple of lines onto there. unrelated way to make everyone hate you in my town: say "Hunting is for loosers" i tried it todat in exd tech and the whole class stared at me funny then started yelling at me. it was cool. i hate hicks thats all folks (lucky you! it's over!) |_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-| | Wyatt Glodell | | WGLODELL@BARABOO.COM | |_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-| ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 15:40:16 -0800 From: Zak Winnick Subject: TMBG: Concert Dates... Hey All (Again)! I was just wondering...Where can I find concert dates? Or could somebody send me a schedule? Thanks in Advance! Zak "Producer" Winnick producer@scvnet.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 17:50:40 -0600 (CST) From: Erik Swedberg Subject: Re: TMBG: Concert Dates... > Hey All (Again)! > > > I was just wondering...Where can I find concert dates? Or could somebody > send me a schedule? I think Flansburgh said they were playing in Dallas sometime before christmas...does anyone know anything about this mystery gig? erik ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 18:58:26 -0500 (EST) From: Doug Haas Subject: TMBG: TMBG boots hey, if anyone is interested in They Might be Giants bootlegs, go to http://tmbgboots.home.ml.org and add your link or browse to one of them already there. It's just now up and only has one link. please only add a link to a page containing info about your bootleg page, IF it hinvloves TMBG. ------------------------------ Subject: Non-TMBG: Re Slow night, eh? From: java.man@juno.com (Tim B Lloyd) Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 18:00:31 EST >How did you get that non-tmbg in the subject???? You did do it, right? >Please answer. Just typed it in, man. Dunno how Leo has the majordomo set up. Tim Lloyd java.man@juno.com "Excess ain't rebellion. You're drinking what they're selling. Your self-destruction doesn't hurt them. Your chaos won't convert them." -Cake ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc T cover.... From: java.man@juno.com (Tim B Lloyd) Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 18:00:31 EST >wow... It IS upside-down... I had always thought that the letters were >stuck up on the celing or something... but turn it upside-down and >that >looks like a floor! (And that's a pretty bad looking wall over on the >left >side...) Yup, with the baseboard and all, it looks like the words are on the floor. Groovy cover, eh? Tim Lloyd java.man@juno.com "Excess ain't rebellion. You're drinking what they're selling. Your self-destruction doesn't hurt them. Your chaos won't convert them." -Cake ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 18:23:58 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: key changes? > >songs. The motor in the player is set to play at a constant speed as > >long as sufficient current is available. If it were otherwise, the > >pitch of the recording would slowly drop as the recorder was playing. > > It is common on walkman-style portable cassette players for pitch to > drop as the batteries wear down... > In addition, if it is indeed a live tape, there is always the possibility that the recording itself was either mastered too slow or the batteries were running low on it. Either way, the sounds from the concert would be transfered onto a slow-moving tape, and when the tape was played at a normal speed, the sound would be higher. In fact, I have a Buffalo Tom boot (just the recording for "Let Me Come Over", not a concert...didn't know it was a boot when I bought it...) that is just like that. Damn shame, too...Taillights Fade is an amazing song. Anyways, there's my technical dollar and a quarter. See y'all later. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind." --Martin Luther King, Jr. (just watched Do the Right Thing...) ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Istanbul author From: java.man@juno.com (Tim B Lloyd) Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 18:00:31 EST On Sun, 1 Dec 96 22:53:25 -0600 Danny Jones writes: >java.man@juno.com (Tim B Lloyd) wrote: >>>Ah, yes, but what continent is Istanbul (not Constantinople) on? >>The song doesn't mention it (maybe it would if TMBG wrote it, rather >than >>Neil Simon) > >That song was NOT written by NEIL Simon. Um...just a guess. The album notes state it was "written by J. Kennedy and N. Simon." Tim Lloyd java.man@juno.com "Excess ain't rebellion. You're drinking what they're selling. Your self-destruction doesn't hurt them. Your chaos won't convert them." -Cake ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 19:59:49 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Columbus Boot Is anyone going to the Columbus show tomorrow going to get a tape of it? If so, I'll probabably want to trade or send a blank tape for a copy. Mail me if you're gonna make a tape of it. -- evan chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 20:02:18 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Older .wav I got Older.wav from Mr Flippy's page, and using Cool Edit '96, made some speed adjustments... I think it sounds better with a big accelerando, tell me if you want a copy. (634K) -- evan chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 20:12:19 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: NOT-VERY-TMBG-RELATED: Re: Slow night, eh? At 06:00 PM 12/2/96 EST, you wrote: >>How did you get that non-tmbg in the subject???? You did do it, right? >>Please answer. > >Just typed it in, man. Dunno how Leo has the majordomo set up. I'm guessing it looks for TMBG in the subject, and if it's not there, it sticks it in. (So you don't have this: Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Just an example... (Was TMBG: Re: TMBG: Example 2) I'm sure Leo knows the answer -- evan chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 20:15:10 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc T cover.... In a message dated 96-12-02 19:20:51 EST, you write: << >wow... It IS upside-down... I had always thought that the letters were >stuck up on the celing or something... but turn it upside-down and >that >looks like a floor! (And that's a pretty bad looking wall over on the >left >side...) >> hey! you forgot about the CASSETE COVER! it is much better than the cd one,cause the letters are going UP an upside down STAIRCASE! like,go into a store and check that little diddy out jordan "when i was only a zygote, i still remember the time when there was nothing to know or to think about except the sounds in my mind and the sounds from outside SENSURROUND" ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 20:24:32 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Test: NOT- TMBG -RELATED Well, I was wrong... Don't read this message. You'd be wasting your life. >I'm guessing it looks for TMBG in the subject, and if it's not there, it >sticks it in. (So you don't have this: > >Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Just an example... (Was TMBG: Re: TMBG: Example 2) > >I'm sure Leo knows the answer -- evan chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 20:29:52 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Do Not Read! NOT- TMBG: -RELATED I warned you... Delete now if you even got this far. At 08:24 PM 12/2/96 -0500, you wrote: >Well, I was wrong... Don't read this message. You'd be wasting your life. > >>I'm guessing it looks for TMBG in the subject, and if it's not there, it >>sticks it in. (So you don't have this: >> >>Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Just an example... (Was TMBG: Re: TMBG: Example 2) >> >>I'm sure Leo knows the answer -- evan chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 20:39:15 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Non-TMBG: Don't Read! Delete Now! I figured it out. (Rather than waiting a day for someone to tell me :) The TMBG, with a colon! That's it! And somethign else, most people, when finding a message that says DON'T READ THIS!!! will usually read it. So... how useful is puting a Non-TMBG in the subject line? -- evan chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Subject: TMBG: Ever wish you had an apachie... Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 20:43:43 -0500 (EST) I've often wondered what it would be like to turn someone into little bits of fertalizer. The list doesn't need random test messages sent to it. Roughly the software looks for "TMBG" and if it's not there prepends it to the subject. The alt.music.tmbg reflector does the same thing with the string "A.M.TMBG". There is some other "fuzzy logic" that goes on with the subject matching, I didn't pay enough attention to explain it. In They related news...I'm still looking for some pictures for our photo archive on the web site. I do have two I need to get up but I'd like to get some more from people. If you can't scan them in you can mail them to me and I will scan them in. e-mail me if you want to make a submission. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 20:12:20 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: Columbus Boot > Is anyone going to the Columbus show tomorrow going to get a tape of it? If > so, I'll probabably want to trade or send a blank tape for a copy. Mail me > if you're gonna make a tape of it. > -- I'd like to get a copy of the Columbus show too, if anyone decides to make a decent copy of it. Oh yeah, and the Cincinnati show would be nice too...it would almost make up for my not being there... Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "You are afraid of the smell of shit." --Douglas Coupland ------------------------------ From: "Doug Haas" Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 21:31:46 +0005 Subject: TMBG: Cincinnati show hey, who's goin' to the cincy show? if you are, drop me a note, and maybe we could meet somewhere. I may be taping it too, not sure though, so no one email me asking for it. I don't know how tight securrity is a tBogart's either, so I may sneak a camera in too... =================================== Doug Haas http://tmbgboot.home.ml.org The Tmbg Tape Traders list http://bluemeanie.home.ml.org The Blue Meanie's Lair WE R K0w 0F B0rG, RESISTanCE iS FutIlE, M0O... ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: stupid people From: ununoctium@juno.com (Ununoctium U. Ununoctium) Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 20:14:20 EST On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:27:38 +0000 "Jarmo Lundgren" writes: > Lawrence P Solomon wrote: >> I'm *not* going to post >> flame-bait saying how much I think rap sucks... of course, I'll probably >> get mostly agreement here - > >What's wrong with rap? I think it's great. Of course, it sounds a >lot better here in Finland, where you (meaning I) can't understand >but something about every third word. I enjoy a very select amount of rap, now that I think of it. This encompasses the entirety of Beck!, Beck and Cibo Matto... Two (or three, sort of) completely tolerable bands. Of course they aren't limited to rap which is an added bonus. *------------------------------------------------------------------------ Once I was But am no more So it goes *------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 20:39:51 -0600 From: "Linda Schultz" Subject: TMBG: They Don't Have Time so Don't ask Hi, I got boots of the Let it Be In-store appearance on November 29 in Minneapolis and I got half of one from the O'Sshaunisey Auditorium show in St. Paul. I also got a whole show from Milwaukee on November 30. The only problem is that I was using a too sensitive machine so the quality sucks, and therefore I can't share them with anyone, and I only got half the St. Paul show because my machine didn't auto reverse the way it was supposed to. The person who sold me that machine is really in trouble. Anyway, I have some other good quality shows I would trade if anyone did get some better quality recordings of those three shows. I did get enough to make a list of the songs that were played at the shows. I will post them in a couple of days, unless someone screams, "No more god damn' set lists," or something like that. Email me if you can help. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 19:24:23 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: So I leaned out the window and said, "OAT!" >2. They also are indeed on the Carmen Sandiego thing. Again, I'm not >sure of the song, but I'm thinking it's Istanbul (Not Constantinople). Nyuh-uh. It's WDTSS?, because the Carmen Sandiego album has a "space" theme. >Who are those people talking between "For Science" & "Hotel Detective" on >Mics.. T? And does anyone else find them annoying? Ahh... Shall I tell her, guys? Ok. 'Those people' are Gloria and her nameless friend, who conference-called DAS back when it was a plain ol' answering machine. In those days, you could leave a message, but Gloria didn't know that. She and her friend, who didn't know they were being recorded, had the conversation that They chose to immortalize on Misc. T. On a side note (har!), my own personal friends and I have tried to conference call DAS (cut down on phone bills, ya know... we are in CA, after all...) and it doesn't work. We hear the intro, and that's it. :( Oh, and Catie? Read the FAQ, lassie; it reveals this and many other tidbits of wisdom. :) >ObTMBG..er..MP: Thanksgiving is the only day when you get to hear the name of >a Mono Puff song uttered 11 times in one day... 'Devil Went Down to Newport'? Nope. 'Nixon's the One'? Nyet. 'So Long, Mockingbird'? Uhh.. not in my family. Ah, shoot. I give up. Mebbe if I actually got the cd... --nicole the wonder nerd is the one. *** "Circumstances eat themselves. The present tense has been." --Moxy Fruvous Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ------------------------------ From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: TMBG: New Years Concert Info Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:55:20 -0500 Does anyone have any definite info about the supposed New Years Eve concert at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank NJ? Is this show more than just a rumor or not? -- Harlan Landes (spike@udel.edu) -- President: MENC Collegiate Chapter #286 -- University of Delaware -- General Education Officer: Phi Mu Alpha -- http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ -- "I'm not done till my head falls off." ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Bunch of crap Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 22:03:08 CST From: Aaron Kohlbeck Hola, fellow TMBGer's: Just got done reading ~200 messages. Brain is fried, but I wanted to say some stuff (which, now that I have a chance to look at it, is mostly a bunch of crap): S-E-X-X-Y single: Picked mine up last week after a 2 hours search. Took it home for break and played it for my mom. She really liked WGAWTS and she has my extra copy of FS, but my brother keeps stealing it. I know that there is a TMBG lover in my mom, but my brother keeps thwarting my attempts to bring it out. Damn him! Hootie show: >I paid a LOT for 4 Hootie and the Blowfish/TMBG tickets. My whole >purpose was to see TMBG. (This was their Memphis, TN) show. I was 9 >ROWS BACK... So close it was incredible. (I had better, I stood in line >for 3 1/2 hours for those darn tickets) Ouch. I got in line 5 minutes after tickets went on sale and their were only five people in front of me. Ended up in the 13th row. Excellen seats for about 25 minutes of my time! The great rap debate: >>What's wrong with rap? I think it's great. Of course, it sounds a >>lot better here in Finland, where you (meaning I) can't understand >>but something about every third word. > I enjoy a very select amount of rap, now that I think of it. >This encompasses the entirety of Beck!, Beck and Cibo Matto... Two (or >three, sort of) completely tolerable bands. Of course they aren't >limited to rap which is an added bonus. Do you mean Beck as in "Loser" Beck? That is not rap, sorry to tell you. I have listened to rap for about ten years now and enjoy most of it. I don't go for that gangsta/ho/bitch/gak stuff, but their is alot of intelligent stuff out there if you know where it is. De La Soul and Tribe Called Quest come immediately to mind. Just a matter of what you like I guess. People with the same name: This summer our sublettor had the same name as me (Aaron). It was not as weird as I thought it was going to be. We just had to ask which Aaron when someone called. I even got so used to saying "Aaron" when referring to my roommate, that when he left I started using it to refer to myself in the third person. Aaron wants to eat. Aaron must go. ;) Aaron -- Aaron Kohlbeck kohlbeck@cae.wisc.edu http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~kohlbeck "This is a UNIX system. I know this." - that girl in Jurassic Park ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:12:42 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: non-TMBG: Rap Well, there was this little string about rap, and as I thought, not many people said that they actually liked rap. I do not come to say that I worship Snoop Doggy Dogg or anything. Instead, I would like to say that there are a few select rap groups that I actually like. First off is MC 900 Ft. Jesus. Now, whether or not he's a "true" rapper is questionable, but this guy is great. Also, who can deny the power of Public Enemy? My God. "Fight the Power", "By the Time I Get to Arizona", and on and on and on. Very politically conscious group. Finally, a little group called the Disposable Heroes of Hipoprisy (no spelling error). Redoing the classic "California Uber Alles"....damn. And quite possibly my favorite rap song (which admittedly is not saying much), "Television: The Drug of a Nation". I have a feeling that I'll get a few messages that say "Rap sucks" and shit like that. I want y'all to know that I hate the crap that 2Pac, Snoop Doggy Dogg, and all of them put out. There's no talent there. It's just there are those three groups above that I just can't get over. These groups are masters of words, that's all. Again, I'm not a rap fan...just trying to expand some horizons. See y'all around. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "Elvis was a hero to most / But he never meant shit to me" --Public Enemy, "Fight the Power" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 00:13:31 -0500 (EST) From: Amy Subject: TMBG: Happy happy news! :):):) Well, to anyone who took pity on me yesterday when I wrote about how I can't go to the shows in Ohio this week, you can stop and instead rejoice with me! Through a stroke of luck, I have more money than I thought I did and thought Hey, I can go to one of the shows now! So I picked the Columbus one, since it's the closest to me. Then, Ryan Staib, the wonderful person that he is, offered to "lend" me a ticket to the Cleveland show! How can I pass that up! So, since I'm going to 2 of the 3 shows.....I managed to scrounge up the money for the Cincy show too :) (Mom, I need money for...books, yeah, that's it....) So, I will be there! I was keeping track of the people who said they would be at each show, but I think I lost count somewhere along the way. Here's my list of who will be at the Columbus show tomorrow: Dan "John Henry" StatuE (Wayde) Brian Evans Matthew Coon (m@t) Ben (or Been) Hauck "Green Jello" (?) ...and of course, me. So, where should we meet? Anyone ever been to the Newport before? I plan to be in line *by* 7 pm, so maybe I'll just start yelling "anyone here on the list?" like someone else did. If anyone else is going that I didn't get, email me personally and I'll write you down, I wouldn't want to miss anyone! Talk to you all tomorrow, thanks to Ryan Staib again, and see you soon! Ever happy and grateful, Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org Helpful Hint: If you want your refrigerator's ice maker to work, you need to hook it to a water source. Air doesn't make good ice unless it is mixed with water. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 00:55:19 -0500 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: HEY! READ THIS! If you want to, its not necessary. I had this discussion with a friend of mine: (imagine the tinny noise of the musical band "Garbage" playing in the background) ME: I hates the popular music. HIM: So is the ONLY band you like They Might Be Giants? ME: Pretty much. HIM: What if they were popular? would you still like them? ME: Thats not possible, in order for TMBG to become popular, everyone else would have to be really wierd, like me. I can't answer your question. HIM: Just- would you like them if they were popular? ME: I told you, I can't answer that. In order for THEM to be popular, everyone would have to be wierd, like me. That would never happen. So I cannot answer that question. So what do yo guys think? Would They Might Be Giants still be cool if they were mainstream? Or is that question unanswerable? -- Kevin "100% Curd" McGuire ^ ^ | | | | | | | | -------------That's not butter! ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 01:14:24 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Chicago and Milwaukee fun Hello 41- It was great seeing all of you that I did at the Chicago and Milwaukee shows. The final counts of people I found were 12 at the Chicago show, and a whopping 28 at the Milwaukee show. Both were good shows and had their highlights. I will add some not mentioned... Maybe I know on the keyboard is downright eerie. I liked it. I rarely take part in crowd chants, but I had to join the crowd for "Polka! Polka! Polka!" at the Milwaukee show. Mr. CJ was also covering his ears during the Cub set in Milwaukee, and they asked him about it after the song. I don't think they heard him though. It was funny. Speaking of Cub, their lead guitarist signed my shoe. I got the set list from the Milwaukee show. They didn't play Your Own Worst Enemy and They Got Lost from it. They did play Counterfit Faker, which was neat. At the Chicago show, there was a really good conga line I took part in, and they played They Got Lost. The instore in Chicago was okay. They didn't sign anything because "they stank". Flansburg was also wearing a TMBG shirt under his swearter which I don't think I've ever seen. I also got the SEXXY single, which is neat. I like We've Got A World That Swings a lot, but I think Flansburg should have sang it, while Linnell should have sang Unforgotten. I think it would have gone better that way. I don't know if pictures of anything turned out yet. Bedtime for this nit now. *^*x@)#<}x{>#(@*^*13~Blue~TMBG~Word~Simpsons*^*@)#<}x{>#(@x*^* We were driving out of town, and my radio's broken, been thinking about taking up smokin', but we're both broke and I refuse to smoke generics. 'Cause in my book, smoking a sub-par brand would be sort of like listening to a sub-par band. And I value my ears about as much as I value my larynx. -John Huss Moderate Combo Adam's do It yourself .sIg fIle ------------------------------ From: GuavaBoy9@aol.com Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 01:51:29 -0500 Subject: TMBG: notice Well, the story is, all last week, something was wrong with my computer all the last week and a half. The problem is now fixed, but all my mail was deleted. So anything sent to me later then Nov. 16, 1996 was deleted before it was read. Please remail any important messages to me. Thanks, Guava Boy9. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #2-331 ******************************